Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

READ ME FIRST

DO NOT make any 'click my eggs/Pokémon' threads/posts or any 'what is this egg' threads/posts or you WILL be warned 10% instantly!

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Elite Four/Champion Battle Tower Discussion Post, Discuss the Elite Four/Champion Battle Tower Things Here
Mikaku Onchi
post Jun 8 2015, 10:22 AM
Post #41

BEIEI has taken my soul
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 145 828

HEROES

okay, I'm reeeeeeally bad at battling these NPC's and so far I've only managed to win 3 combs. Can somebody help me out? I need a bit of advice on which pokémon should I use to battle Flint's Rapidash and Lance's Gyarados. Thanks in advance

--------------------

•TRINKET TRADING PLACE•||FC: 4055-4266-5767
POKEMON SHINY HUNTER//XY; ORAS; SUMO; USUM

Spoiler (click to showhide)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Lealis
post Jun 8 2015, 10:52 AM
Post #42

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 176 805

Active Squad

Because of the Ground Gem on Gyarados don't use electric types - use rock types instead (for me mega tyranitar did the job but there are probably other even better ones to use) and for Rapidash... only now I see it has a grass gem coffee.gif I used azumarill with leftovers and never felt the power disadvantage against it as I probably would if I choose any other pokemon to fight it teehee.gif So try azumarill and see if it helps.

This post has been edited by Lealay: Jun 8 2015, 10:54 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mikaku Onchi
post Jun 8 2015, 11:54 AM
Post #43

BEIEI has taken my soul
Group Icon

Member No.: 145 828

HEROES

QUOTE(Lealay @ Jun 8 2015, 04:52 PM) *
Because of the Ground Gem on Gyarados don't use electric types - use rock types instead (for me mega tyranitar did the job but there are probably other even better ones to use) and for Rapidash... only now I see it has a grass gem coffee.gif I used azumarill with leftovers and never felt the power disadvantage against it as I probably would if I choose any other pokemon to fight it teehee.gif So try azumarill and see if it helps.

Ok, thank you for the tips, I'll try these out.

--------------------

•TRINKET TRADING PLACE•||FC: 4055-4266-5767
POKEMON SHINY HUNTER//XY; ORAS; SUMO; USUM

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

Lealis
post Jun 8 2015, 04:19 PM
Post #44

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 176 805

Active Squad

Mega Alakazam worked for the roserade incredibly well - OHKOd it. Now I feel a bit silly for not trying it with alakazam sooner. Was my last comb so I'm happy x3.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Breech Loader
post Jun 25 2015, 06:44 PM
Post #45

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 228 368

Active Squad

Which teams give which combs? Because I've lost track.
+Quote Post

Manah
post Jun 26 2015, 04:34 AM
Post #46

Made of random and Joltik love / Totally not a fangirl
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 080

Diamond Party

QUOTE(Breech Loader @ Jun 26 2015, 01:44 AM) *
Which teams give which combs? Because I've lost track.

Kanto - Heart Comb
Kanto Rematch - Dandy Comb
Johto - Diamond Comb
Hoenn - Star Comb
Hoenn Rematch - Debutante Comb
Sinnoh - Pharaoh Comb
Unova - Kabuki Comb
Unova Rematch - La Reine Comb
Kalos - Matron Comb

happy.gif

--------------------
Pokémon Moon FC: 0877-0881-6378 (Trainer name: June)

~
Buttons made by Arceus Awakened
+Quote Post

deleted user
post Oct 8 2015, 08:16 AM
Post #47

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 129 409

Active Squad

I would like to point out that Alder's Bouffalant holds a Quick Claw. Only reason I lost -_-2.gif
+Quote Post

Spades Slick
post Oct 10 2015, 08:20 AM
Post #48

I think you underestimate the depth of my pettiness
Group Icon

Member No.: 57 762

bluh bluh huge bitch

Do you guys recommend I get the Battle Tower expansion slots before going after this? I'm horrible at battling and I wonder if it makes sense to have multiple teams for the different E4 groups; more space would help with that.

--------------------
[align=center]add me for daily clicks [735/1000]

~:* I love my wife Jen *:~
|

READ THE HELP PAGE OR I WILL STAB YOU

WiiU: drgdgrana (Sm4sh) | 3DS: 1204-0469-8787 | PSN: ghostscreamer[/align]
+Quote Post

Luigi Mario
post Mar 16 2016, 05:09 PM
Post #49

I can pick up girls with a van
Group Icon

Member No.: 145 417

Wheee

So I've been working on a spreadsheet with E4 information and I finally feel it has enough info to be posted! Click here to poke about it. What it has is all the E4's pokemon, the moves and items I know of, and reward items for defeating a given member. Huge thanks to Sam and everyone who contributed to this post, as it was a very good base to work off of. Obviously, a lot of moves/items are still missing so if you figure out any feel free to tell me (I'm usually on the IRC, but PMs are fine) and I'll update the sheet as needed.

Just as a footnote, most mons will usually run buff move + another buff move/heal move + strong/weak move + weak move, so take that into consideration for any mon I don't fully list the moves of. Lack of info might also hint at how sweepable a member is.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Jalakins
post Oct 17 2016, 05:18 PM
Post #50

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 152 251

Favorites

QUOTE(Luigi Mario @ Mar 16 2016, 04:09 PM) *
So I've been working on a spreadsheet with E4 information and I finally feel it has enough info to be posted! Click here to poke about it. What it has is all the E4's pokemon, the moves and items I know of, and reward items for defeating a given member. Huge thanks to Sam and everyone who contributed to this post, as it was a very good base to work off of. Obviously, a lot of moves/items are still missing so if you figure out any feel free to tell me (I'm usually on the IRC, but PMs are fine) and I'll update the sheet as needed.

Thank you SO much for this. I'm having so much trouble in the battle tower (but I'm pretty terrible at battling. xD ) and this is very helpful. I'll update this post with any new information I happen to get that I notice is missing.

Sorry for reviving a dead-ish topic. I'm just now getting around to the E4 to get my combs. ;o;

--------------------
~

There is no shelter from the storm. Lightning strikes when you least expect it.

+Quote Post

Rabies Girl
post Jan 6 2019, 07:41 PM
Post #51

Pokemon Breeder
Group Icon

Member No.: 69 572

My unexpected SS team

I cant anymore ;A; this is the second time I sat down and between all gym leaders and rematches I get wiped. (not to say I havent tried them on and off randomly since they came out) some I make it to the second one and for the first time I made it to the champs and lost. I'm so frustrated ;A; I'm so peeved. I have never been good at competitive battling and go mostly for "hey this type is week to this type! and my level is stronger!" so doing this is for me the worse thing ever ;A; I fear I will never get those combs.

I have a living lvl 100 dex so I have every pokemon to select from but i just...im not good at selecting the right ones? I guess with the proper stats? I have a couple boxes with pokemon I happened to hatch with kinda high IVs but im not good with those too so idk what im doing ;A;

I know this is old im hoping someone sees it and helps XD

This post has been edited by Rabies Girl: Jan 6 2019, 07:42 PM

--------------------
Deviantart

Must hatch/level up! crazy.gif
+Quote Post

Cytosine
post Jan 6 2019, 09:43 PM
Post #52

shloop
Group Icon

Group: +Contributor
Member No.: 37 706

swabbies

QUOTE(Rabies Girl @ Jan 6 2019, 06:41 PM) *
I cant anymore ;A; this is the second time I sat down and between all gym leaders and rematches I get wiped. (not to say I havent tried them on and off randomly since they came out) some I make it to the second one and for the first time I made it to the champs and lost. I'm so frustrated ;A; I'm so peeved. I have never been good at competitive battling and go mostly for "hey this type is week to this type! and my level is stronger!" so doing this is for me the worse thing ever ;A; I fear I will never get those combs.

I have a living lvl 100 dex so I have every pokemon to select from but i just...im not good at selecting the right ones? I guess with the proper stats? I have a couple boxes with pokemon I happened to hatch with kinda high IVs but im not good with those too so idk what im doing ;A;

I know this is old im hoping someone sees it and helps XD

i understand the frustration. It took me a long time to get all the combs. I managed to create a team that works for me: Granbull (lead), Excadrill, Mega Lucario, Mega Alakazam, Mega Manectric, and Darmanitan. My strategy was to go for high IVs, and ignored natures. Tried to have pokemon that had close to 31 in their respective primary attack or special attack stat, as well as speed. (used vitamins to raise those specific stats). For instance, Darmanitan is a physical attacker, so it has almost 31 in Attack. Most of these pokemon are fast glass cannons, which is my personal style, so I just try to knock out as many pokemon as I can with each of them. Also attached gems to cover for some good attack types (like ice, ground, and bug).

I definitely recommend using plenty of megas, since they have good stats. Also the way I got most of these was from doing shiny hunts for them and having the "lock ivs above 140" setting enabled.

I suggest searching your PC for pokemon with iv totals above 150 or 140 and seeing what you already have. Try to assemble a group with a variety of types, including Fairy, Ground, Electric, Fire, Fighting, and Ice (or use gems for those). It's a great idea to have a Fairy type on there, especially since almost every elite 4 has some dragons in it.

--------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+Quote Post

Gigadyne
post Jan 7 2019, 02:31 PM
Post #53

Pokemon Breeder
Group Icon

Member No.: 164 629

Heartgold Team

Besides what Cytosine had said, i can add my own two cents:

1. There's an option to automatically lock pokemon with certain amounts of IV, like it usually does with hatching shiny. I recommend the 140-150 IV range.
2. While assembling team, i recommend using single/pure type pokemon for offensive roles. They're the only pokemon who have option of using "Strong" tier of attacks, which is vital during most of battles.
You want to KO opponent's pokemon ASAP, with unboosted "Weak" attacks usually being not enough to do it, unless there's a quadruple weakness present.
3. I strongly recommend having at least 1 tank pokemon on team, preferably a physical one. Like Ferrothorn or Skarmory. Having glass cannons is nice, but you'll need someone fairly sturdy in case all out offensive tactic misfires.
4. Proper movesets and items are important, sometimes, it's what makes and breaks the teams.
However, it may take a while to gather all the needed items, but once you do, it makes a huge difference.

To elaborate:
- Choice Band for dealing maximum damage, i recommend using it on either fast pokemon, or slower pokemon, who can take at least 1 hit and not get into critical red HP range.
- Choice Scarf for pokemons of above average speed, and at least decent enough attack/special attack. Going first and hitting hard is also very important.
- Choice Specs for both the speedy and slower types of special attackers.
- Leftovers for gradual hp recover of tanky, defensive pokemon.

Where to get them? Either by spending Prize Points, which i don't recommend.
Or starting a streak in Battle Subway, they're among the prizes for winning battles, along with IV raising vitamins, and Type Gems.
Finally, it's a rare sight, but sometimes, Back Room may have some really nice items for sale.
Rare stuff gets sold out quick, so there's that to consider.
If i get some excessive equipment, i'll announce it in Community Thread before selling it.

My moveset making tips:
For physical attackers: Weak STAB - Strong STAB - Swords Dance/Haze - Rest (Option 3 depends on whether pokemon is fast enough, or whether it has Choice Band or Scarf. But usually, you only use the attacks on them.)
For special attackers: almost the same as above, but replace Swords Dance with Nasty Plot.
For physical tanks, this set hadn't failed me yet: Weak STAB 1 - Weak STAB 2 - Swords Dance - Rest.
(Rest for healing, Swords Dance when you can afford to use it, and STABs for making gradual damage.)

5. Some pokemon to watch out for, and i suppose, to shiny hunt:
1) Abra. Mega Alakazam is among the strongest Psychic types and special attackers. With Specs/Scarf it turns deadly.
2) Axew. Haxorus is a common sight in Subway, and for a good reason. It's a great physical attacker, and Dragon typing allows it to tank some common types like Fire, Electric, Grass. Both Band and Scarf work well on it.
3) Electrike. Mega Manectric is very fragile, but also very fast and hits hard. Slap a Choice Specs on it, and watch how quickly it fries the Water and Flying type pokemon.
4) Sawk. Another common sight in Subway, this is the go to Fighting type Pokemon. With Choice Scarf, it completely shatters pokemon, which are weak to fighting - Normal, Dark, Rock, Ice, Steel types.
5) Darumaka. Darmanitan is a brutal physical attacker, especially with a Choice Scarf in tow. Prime killer of Ferrothorn, with it's quadruple weakness to Fire.
6) Ferroseed. Ferrothorn is another staple of Subway teams, and huge pain in the rear end to deal with, if you don't have Fire or Fighting type pokemon in the team. Handles majority of types really well, including Fairies.
7) Original Diglett. Dugtrio with Choice Band can be difficult to deal with, with it being blazing fast and hitting hard.
But like Mega Manectric, it's very frail.
8) Feebas. Milotic is quite good special tank, and has decent enough defense/HP to make use of Leftovers and handle Special attackers that may otherwise threaten something like Ferrothorn.

You don't have to actually start to shiny hunting for them, but it will take a lot of eggs to hatch one pokemon with good IV's. They're more common than a shiny, but who knows, how much it will take.

7. Having proper natures is a boon, but it would be a waste of time and pass orbs to specifically aim for them.
Can be good, if RNG decided to be cooperative.
For reference:
Physical attackers like to be either Adamant or Jolly.
Special attackers - Modest or Timid.
Physical Tanks - Impish or Relaxed. Also Careful, with Ferrothorn.
Special Tanks - Sassy or Bold.

8. This is something that also be useful to know for mainline Pokemon games: learning how to switch pokemon carefully.
It's highly situational, but there's a few catches of "safe" switching:
1. Do not switch for frail pokemon mid battle, neutral hits may easily shave off half of their HP and more.
Only call them, when your current pokemon is KO'd.
2. You can afford to take a risk with switching sturdy pokemon, though. Provided, if you learned the majority of opponent's team, and you aren't about to switch into facing a dangerous pokemon.
3. Avoid switching too much, if opponent is about to set up with boosting moves like Swords Dance or Nasty Plot. You're giving them free time to wipe out your team. Switching into counter pokemon is usually alright.
4. Do not switch for pokemon with critical amount of HP mid battle. It usually ends with them being KO'd right out of gate.

Whoops, pardon for writing such a huge wall of text. Proper battling, whether on GPX or actual Pokemon games, always takes a lot of space to cover most of basic information.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Rabies Girl
post Jan 7 2019, 10:20 PM
Post #54

Pokemon Breeder
Group Icon

Member No.: 69 572

My unexpected SS team

Gigadyne, no no thats amazing information O_O to both posts I do keep an eye out I have the auto lock set to 150 but I do cherry pick for anything above 130 just so I have something. I just never level those babies up cause they arent anything...special... like not much I would call home about XD

I dont mind spending the prize points on those items because I can't get anything higher than a 3 win streak in the subway ANYWAY plus I rarely use the prize points and they are easy enough to get during the months with hunts so np

I will def start paying more attention to the list of pokemon you put and shiny hunt some of them. thank you and Cytosine so much!!! I also didnt know that duel types didnt have strong moves! I just thought some did and some didnt! thats super good to know since I always try doing multi type pokemon for coverage but if thats the case I will select more carefully!

<3 I get another chance tomorrow so wish me luck!!

--------------------
Deviantart

Must hatch/level up! crazy.gif
+Quote Post

Naixatloz
post Jan 8 2019, 04:37 AM
Post #55

A-set, you bet!
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 857

Luigi Mario's spreadsheet from a few posts up was invaluable for me when planning teams. In addition to types, pay attention to the base stats of both your and your opponent's Pokemon. For example, it's silly to bring in a physical attacker if your opponent has weaker special defense. Dual-types can be worth using if your opponent is fragile enough, or if you have a type combination that makes you particularly resistant to whatever attacks the opponent has.

Some other Pokemon I'd recommend:
1. Alolan Ninetales. It's my go-to counter for dragon Pokemon because the fairy type is highly resistant to it. Both the ice and fairy types are 4x effective against many of the most common dragons in both NPC matches and the Battle Subway. The resistance fairy offers, combined with its good special defense and reasonable HP, makes it a surprisingly good Leftovers user, while it's also fast enough to make good use of Haze.
2. Deoxys [Attack]. A very extreme example of a glass cannon. While it will probably crumple under a single hit, it makes great use of any of the choice items and is one of my top picks for any NPC that specializes in a type weak to psychic.
3. Mega Mewtwo Y. Another psychic-type with great special attack and speed, but less squishy than Deoxys [Attack]. It can use either specs or scarf well.
4. Mega Blaziken. With high enough IVs, it can be a very effective scarf user.
5. Zergoose [Feral]. Another glass cannon, but offset slightly by having a 4x resistance to ghost. Between its two types, it can hit most things for at least neutral damage, making it a very effective revenge killer in addition to being able to oneshot most ghosts and psychics.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:56 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.