Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Operation Wounded Snake
Xal
post Jun 17 2010, 06:03 AM
Post #21

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 65 113

PANE Party

Before he knew what was happening Malcolm was face to face to one of the "Rangers" (or criminals, apparently), preparing for battle. He couldn't use Gyarados out of water, and he'd rather not let a group of criminals see Pidgey with the rainbow feather he wore between his eyes. That left Pikachu, Charmander and Togepi. Before making his choice he decided to let the man stood opposite him release a pokémon, and see if he had any way of gaining a type advantage.

"Seed, get 'em!" He called out, throwing a pokéball to the ground. A Bulbasaur appeared from it, staring menacingly at Malcolm and Charmander.

"I guess you're up then." Malcolm said, looking down at the wide eyed fire type. It was a little risky since it was his first battle, but Bulbasaur couldn't be that powerful. After all, the two pokémon should evolve at the same level, so their strengths couldn't be too different. At worst, the type difference would only even out the playing field instead of giving Charmander an advantage.

"Use vine whip!" The opponent called out. He was wearing jeans and a black T-shirt, with gelled up black hair above his slightly tanned face.
The vines flew forward, striking Charmander and causing him to squeal in pain. Malcolm was starting to regret letting Charmander battle, but this was just one small setback. If things got to bad he'd be able to subsitute him for another pokémon. Fortunately, although Malcolm didn't know a great deal about pokémon he had read a few books on them when he was living in Kanto, and one of those was about the Kanto starters from Prof. Oak. He had an idea of the moves both pokémon would be using, giving him a slight air of confidence.

"Hang on in there, Charmander." Malcolm said. "Try a smokescreen attack."

Charmander instantly followed the order. He brought his head back, inhaled deeply and then threw it forward, blowing out a cloud of smoke towards the Bulbasaur. Seed clenched his eyes shut, keeping them safe from the smoke.

"What's that meant to be? Seed, don't let that wimp bother you! Use Leech Seed on it."
Although Seed tried to follow his master's order, the smokescreen had make it difficult to aim. The seeds went wide of Charmander, missing him and having no effect.

"Quickly Charmander, use Ember!" Malcolm ordered. Charmander let forwards a series of small flames, most of which hit the squinting Bulbasaur head on. It seemed hurt but shook itself from side to side, trying to sort itself out for the battle.

"Is that all you've got?" The trainer scoffed. Malcolm was beginning to tire of his taunts, especially since they were following decent attacks that were causing problems for the criminal and his Bulbasaur.
"It's time to bring the pain! Take Down!" He called out. Bulbasaur ran forwards towards the tiny Charmander. Not exactly surprisingly, Charmander was thrown several feet backwards. However, the attack seemed to have hurt Bulbasaur's head too, which was understandable.

"Are you all right?" Malcolm said, looking down at Charmander. The small pokémon nodded and climbed to his feet. He was getting into the swing of things quickly, and Malcolm was impressed that a pokémon so young was putting up such a fight.
"Ok then - Scratch, whilst he's close!" Malcolm ordered, aware of the opportunity that had presented itself. Bulbasaur had come up close to use Take Down, but was about to move away. Fortunately Charmander acted quickly, getting in the attack before Seed scuttled back to his trainer.
"Take down again!" The trainer commanded, but this time Charmander was ready. As Seed approached Charmander leapt to the side, rolling on the floor and landing on all fours.
"Ember again!" Malcolm ordered. Charmander turned his head towards Bulbasaur, throwing the flames at the grass type in quick succession.

"Pah, don't let them get away with that cheap trick, Seed. We'll sort them out with Vine Whip!"
However, Seed didn't look much like he wanted to battle at all. He looked towards his trainer, sighed slightly and passed out. A look of rage washed over the trainer's face. He fumbled for Seed's pokéball and recalled him, taking a moment to sneer at Malcolm and his Charmander.

"Well, aren't you the big tough guy then?" He said sarcastically, but didn't call out anymore pokémon. Malcolm guessed this one was the tag along of the group, with more bark than bite.

The three battles all finished after a similar amount of time. Once Justin's was done he started having quite a frank conversation with the driver, who seemed to be the leader of the criminal group. Malcolm could understand Justin's anger but there was something almost overly aggressive about the way he handled the criminals. It was entirely justified, of course, but Malcolm just didn't expect it from someone who'd drag a wounded Seviper miles to get treated on the back of their wagon, which they must have surely been planning to use for something else.
"Good job, Charmander." Malcolm smiled, pulling a berry from his backpack and handing it to him. The treat was gratefully received and gobbled down in an instant.

After the battle it soon became clear that the sooner they got to Petropolis the better. It wasn't just the Seviper that needed treating now, it was everyone's pokémon. Since leaving the hospital Malcolm had been in two battles, not counting the Nidorino he'd tried to capture, and he didn't know how many the other three people had been in since they were last at a center. Tag must have been in at least two (the one just then and against the Zangoose) and Justin and Nate must have been in three: the one they'd just completed, the one against the Seviper when it tried to escape, and the one in which they'd put the Seviper in bad shape to begin with.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jun 18 2010, 04:15 AM
Post #22

Omar comin'
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 745

PANE

The trio of "Pokemon Rangers" gathered together back on their jeep, the leader driving. It would, of course, be easier if any of them had given out their names, but it seemed they were at least smart enough to not do that. "This won't be the last you'll see of us," the driver said, flooring the jeep. They darted towards Petropolis. Were the circumstances any different, perhaps they could have given Justin and Nate a ride. It was that moment when Justin realized the scope of what he was getting into. This wasn't just a group of pickpockets and idiot grunts. Team Deception was a criminal organization, meaning all of his allies were criminals. He began to wonder what Nate was doing for crime before he was recruited. Unfortunately, being surrounded by two deceptees, he couldn't bring it up.

"For their sake, I hope it is," Justin half smiled towards his party as the dust from the jeep cleared. "Seems wild sevipers are quite the prize these days. We, uh, we should get moving."

As they walked, Justin and Nate stayed a little bit behind Tag and Malcolm, enough that they couldn't be heard without seeming like they were hiding something. "They were us weren't they?" Nate asked inconspicuously.

"They weren't us," Justin shook his head. Then after a second, "But yeah. They were."

"So, like,"

"I'll fill you in later, how 'bout?"

"Sure," Nate nodded. "Hey what do you think about Tag?"

"I like him," Justin smiled.

"He calls us idiots a lot,"

"Well it was only that one time," Justin shrugged. "When Seviper got loose. And we kinda were being idiots."

"He called me one again just before the battle. Started commanding me around and shit." Nate sighed.

"So?" Justin shrugged again. "Talk to him."

"No way," Nate shook his head. "I'll probably just make him think I'm even more of an idiot."

"Yeah that tends to happen when you talk," Justin laughed.

"Shut up," Nate said. "You should talk to him."

"Why?"

"Because he's-" Nate began. "I don't know. You're a better talker than me."

"Fine," Justin sighed. "Take the wagon." He handed the handle over to his partner, who took it and immediately stopped. Seemed little Nate's scrawny arms were too weak to carry the seviper. Justin sighed again, playfully this time, and grabbed the wagon, this time speeding up so he was walking next to Tag.

"Hey Tag. Uh, I don't want to be. Well, whatever. Anyway. Could you not call us idiots?" Tag stared blankly in response while Justin rubbed the back of his neck. "It's not that it really bothers us, it's just that, like. Well, there's really no need for it. I don't understand why you're being so hostile, basically."

"Hostile?" He didn't really consider calling anyone an idiot hostile, merely honest. "You're very sensitive, aren't you?"

"No." Justin replied immeidately. "I already said it doesn't bother me. It's just, like. I mean we're working together, right? Like a team?"

"We're heading in the same direction, and I'm helping you get the Seviper to a hospital." Tag had to work through it for a moment "That barely qualifies." He rolled his eyes, crossing his arms. "Fine, we're a team. Temporarily."

There was a moment of pause between them, Justin wondering all the while why Tag seemed so upset with him. "What did I do to piss you off so much, Tag?"

Tag tilted his head slightly "What gave anyone the impression that I was upset?"

Justin shrugged and exhaled like he wanted to say something but took a second instead. "Well, usually when someone acts like such a dick towards me, I assume I did something wrong."

"This would probably be why I keep calling you idiots." Tag shrugged "Take no offense to it, Mr. Sensitive, it's just an old habit of mine." What he probably should've said was something along the lines of "Don't worry Justin, you're not an idiot, you're just young and inexperienced, and obviously the type who wants people to like him and think he's cool...but I'm just such a Coxian character" blah blah blah. What came out instead was: "At least I'm not calling you by Girls' names."

"Alright man," Justin nodded. "I mean, I don't want you to think, like. Like, honestly, you're not offending me. It's just. Whatever. You get it. So we're cool then?"

"Sure." Tag sighed, slightly irritated at Justin's need for validation of some sort. "Sure. We're cool." While Tag certainly looked less intimidating with a cute Ledyba on his shoulder, her presence didn't help him look any less bored.

Meanwhile, Nate was left walking next to Malcolm. "Sup Mal," he put his arm around the boy. "What brings you out here by yourself. You gotta be, what? Fifteen? Sixteen?" Nate, himself, looked like he could pass for a fifteen or sixteen year old himself, despite his twenty years of age. Still, though, he felt a sense of superiority when talking to kids younger than himself.

OOC (click to show)

This post has been edited by Yzarc Drowsnam: Jun 22 2010, 03:24 AM

--------------------

[spoiler=PANE - Justin Smart]
Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
Currently In: Zoobreak!
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]
[spoiler=PANE - Jill Laurent]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Currently In: Back in the Zone[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Uprising - Abraham West]Magma - Grunt
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
Currently In: Interception!
:piloswine: :elekid: :shellder:[/spoiler]
+Quote Post

Xal
post Jun 18 2010, 04:43 PM
Post #23

Gym Leader
Group Icon

PANE Party

"Yeah, sixteen." Malcolm said to the boy who'd just thrown his arm around him. He was a little confused when he'd been called 'Mal' since people never really shortened his name.

"I usually travel about on my own, just me and my pokémon. I've usually been with other people since I came to Furoh though, and I travelled around with a friend of mine for a while. But anyway, I'm just heading for Petropolis. No real reason, gotta go somewhere..." He said. He didn't really want to go into the details about the hospital visit, it was a pretty embarrassing affair after all.

"So what about you then? How long have you been travelling with Justin?" Malcolm asked. He wanted to ask how old the boy was, but didn't out of fear of causing offence. He looked a similar age to Malcolm, but the way he acted and the fact he seemed to think of Malcolm as young made him think he was older than that.

"Do you often help out injured pokémon?" He said. It was nice to see people doing a good deed for no reason other than the fact they would be doing good, so Malcolm was interested to find out if this was just a one off thing or something of a regular occurrence.

Whilst they were talking Malcolm overheard parts of Justin's and Tag's conversation. He was asking Tag not to call them idiots, which he guessed he was doing on Nate's behalf. Justin was pretty big and manly, he didn't really seem like the type to be bothered by being casually called an idiot, whereas Nate probably would be (and would probably want Justin to bring it up for him, Malcolm supposed). Tag seemed a bit bemused by the request but still agreed to go easy on them. However, Justin seemed to have picked up a new nickname instead, "Mr. Sensitive".

They were talking about being a team, too. Malcolm had never really considered himself part of a team. Not when he was with other people, and not even with his pokémon. Sure, he'd call his pokémon his 'team', but that wasn't quite the same. 'Group' was more his thing, especially since nine times out of ten people in a group had their own agenda, and weren't all heading towards a common goal. Still, it would be nice if Malcolm was considered part of the team too. He wouldn't lose any sleep over it if he was given an indication he wasn't, but he'd be happy that they thought well of him if they did.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jun 19 2010, 04:02 PM
Post #24

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Malcolm asked Nate if he often helped injured pokemon, which sort of caught him off guard. "No, I don't," he admitted. "But I helped knock this one out, and so it's sorta my responsibility now, you know? Maybe. I mean, I felt bad about hurting it and couldn't just leave it there where it might die. Kinda, uh, kinda like how we did with that zangoose." Now he was actually starting to guilt himself. "But, I mean," he began rationalizing. "We don't have room on the wagon for a zangoose, and you know, if either woke up, it would kill the other and it's just too crazy."

Nate thought it was weird that this sixteen year old kid was wandering the country side aimlessly. It was summer, so at least he wasn't skipping school to do it. But still, a little white nerd doesn't wander around on his own without his parents. There was something little Malcolm wasn't owning up to, but it wasn't Nate's position to inquire. That didn't stop him from pressing on, however.

"So, hold up," he continued. "You're going to Petropolis for no reason? I mean, I'm going there 'cause I live there, my buddy Justin too. Where do you live?"

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Xal
post Jun 19 2010, 04:46 PM
Post #25

Gym Leader
Group Icon

PANE Party

"Um, I don't really live in any one place exactly." Malcolm answered. "Not recently, anyway. I lived with my dad in Kanto until a bit after I became sixteen, but then I came to Furoh looking for pokémon. I'll spend the night in hotels or pokémon centers usually. I just like travelling, and I found myself near Petropolis so I decided I may as well go and see what it's like."

Malcolm was still too embarrassed to mention the fact he'd come from a rural medical center, presumably one of the nearest to the accident site where a helicopter could land, after being thrown into the sea. However, everything he said was entirely true. He had found himself near Petropolis and decided to go and check it out. Nate's question made him think about going back home or finding a flat or apartment somewhere, but he wasn't too keen on the idea. Maybe in a few years, but for now he was happy searching for pokémon. In the short time he'd been in Furoh he'd had a few great adventures. The event at Castle Vonmoto and his visit to Charizard Isle (although the potentially fatal catastrophes at both did put a bit of a downer on them) were just a couple, and if he had a static residence in a city somewhere he expected things like that would become much rarer. He could hardly go back to live with his dad either; when Malcolm left they hadn't been on the best of terms (to put it mildly) and he didn't expect his anti-pokémon father to be particularly happy about Malcolm bringing home five of them. He'd had Pichu and Pidgey when he lived at home, but he needed to keep them hidden and he much preferred having his pokémon out with him. It was pretty uncommon for Malcolm to not have at least one pokémon out with him, and that one was usually the newest member of his team. Even if his dad did take him back it would probably be on the condition that he got rid of the pokémon, or at the very least kept them in their pokéballs. That simply wasn't a price he was willing to pay, and didn't have any urge to return home anyway. He'd not had a great deal of friends and all in all there was nothing there for him.

"But anyway, do you two work together in Petropolis or something? It's just that you called Justin your partner so I was wondering. Or are you just old friends?"

Malcolm was slowly beginning to open up to Nate, which was quite unusual for him. There was something interesting about this boy. He seemed quite interested in what Malcolm had to say and Malcolm thought he was a genuinely nice person, although perhaps with a little bit of bravado.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jun 19 2010, 05:42 PM
Post #26

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

"I called him my partner?" Nate chuckled. "No, we're just buddies. We went to school together." A straight up lie. "Came out here to get away from the city for a while. He's kinda going through some stuff right now so we're having a bro day. No chicks." Nate recalled earlier when Justin reluctantly mentioned that he used to have a girlfriend, like it was a recent thing.

"Let me give you some advice, Mal," he continued. "Never let a girl get between you and your boys. Girls, they'll rip your heart out and crush it in front of your face. They pretend to be nice until you actually get with them, and then they transform into bitches. I'm not saying stay away from women, I'm just sayin' don't trust 'em." He spoke with a nonchalant tone, but in fact he was very serious. Ever since his girl from high school, Julia, left him without a second thought to go to college in Kanto, Nate adamantly avoided commitment with women. The second a girl considered herself Nate's "girlfriend," was the second he stopped calling.

The four continued towards Petropolis, Nate's and Malcolm's awkward conversation continuing, serving no real purpose but to give Malcolm the wrong impression about life and, of course, to annoy the living hell out of Justin and (likely) Tag. It wasn't bad enough for him to actually call them out, and so it continued through the suburban part of the city until the urban inner-city was so close, they could smell the beautiful and intoxicating (literally) aroma of the city. To Nate and Justin, at least, the terrible air of the industrialized city of Petropolis was home, and it was a welcome change from the open air and natural scenery.

Slightly nervous as to how he was actually going to go about separating from Tag and Malcolm, Justin stopped for a moment. "So, it was nice traveling with you. We definitely appreciate the help, you know, fighting off the zangoose and the 'Pokemon Rangers.' And I'm sure Nate appreciate the company," he cracked a smile. "But we're actually gonna be headed in this direction," he looked down a fairly busy street surrounded on all sides by pedestrians, restaurants, banks and other stores and buildings. Beyond it was a pretty rundown residential district where they were supposed to meet to exchange the seviper for their payment. From what Justin gathered, neither Malcolm nor Tag were familiar enough with Petropolis to know that there was no usable pokemon center down that street.

He held his hand out to Tag, hoping for a handshake or at least some sort of acknowledgment that this wasn't a huge waste of his time. Even though the whole point of their partnership was based in manipulation and deception, Justin found himself vying for the man's friendship. He was just so cool.

Nate, meanwhile, held his hand out to young Mal, but less like a formal handshake, and more like a friendly one, where you try to slap hands and then shake, and then probably slap each other on the back. You know, like the kids do. "Take care of yourself, aight kid?"

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jun 21 2010, 01:00 AM
Post #27

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

"We're not saying goodbye yet." Tag looked at the hand offered towards him, shaking his head. "We haven't gotten the Seviper taken care of yet."

The sudden offer to split up and part ways came as a surprise to Tag. Perhaps it was his natural dispensation to be distrustful of everyone (which was something that occasionally bordered paranoia), but more than likely, it was the fact that people pretending to be Pokemon Rangers had tried to steal the Seviper that Jason and Nate had restrained. At least to Tag, it seemed like a ploy to cast the light of innocence on Jason and Nate, seeing as he'd fought alongside them. Perhaps it would've worked on the more innocent, but Taggarty Lee was a bit more jaded than that. "Besides, what if more people like those 'Pokemon Rangers'-" He gestured the 'quote fingers' in one hand as he spoke their title "-show up and try to hog all your glory again. At least with your rudimentary battle style, you might not be able to hold them off."

He didn't feel like outrightly mocking Justin, but fact of the matter was, the boy had summoned a Pinsir to the field and just yelled "Attack", which in his book, wasn't a viable pokemon option. As a result, Justin's Pinsir had been taken out by a Meditite a quarter of Pinsir's size.

He looked from Justin to Nate to Malcolm, sizing them up. It was clear to him that Malcolm was out of his league; the teen's pokemon were probably just flat out more powerful than his, and had a small variety of attacks. Justin, he figured, he could take on with relative ease, only given that Justin wouldn't know the strengths and weaknesses of his newly evolved Hitmontop. He hadn't seen any of Nate's pokemon, and would've immediately made the assumption that Nate was a worthless trainer with worthless pokemnon...but he was unsure, seeing as he hadn't yet obvserved the guy in battle yet.

"Malcolm," Tag seemed completely unsure how to say things politely, but felt he didn't want to insult the kid, who in Tag's mind, had done absolutely nothing wrong. "We should escort these two gentlemen all the way to their destination, right?"

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Xal
post Jun 21 2010, 05:08 AM
Post #28

Gym Leader
Group Icon

PANE Party

So this was Petropolis. The four of them had eventually arrived at the bustling metropolis, which was much larger than Malcolm had been expecting. The city was huge. It wasn't exactly a gleaming example of cleanliness but it was still impressive. It was after they'd started to go quite deep in and were at a busy street when Justin and Nate announced they'd be leaving them. He'd miss them both, especially Nate, and guessed he wouldn't be seeing Tag again either. Malcolm was, if it made sense, disappointed that he wasn't disappointed by this. He'd have liked to have gotten to know the mystery stranger, who seemed to know a lot more about pokémon than the other three, but since that never happened Malcolm didn't really expect to miss him. He was still primarily a stranger, but Nate on the other hand was quickly becoming a friend. Malcolm couldn't help but feel that not learning from or about Tag was a wasted opportunity, hence his disappointment.

Malcolm awkwardly carried out Nate's hand shake/slap on the back routine. He wasn't used to things like that, and ended up managing to make a goofy mess of it.

"Malcolm, we should escort these two gentlemen all the way to their destination, right?" Tag said.
Malcolm considered the idea. On the one hand Justin and Nate should be capable of taking the Seviper to get healed without any help, but then again those three criminals could try to attack again, and on their own Justin and Nate might not be able to hold them off. As well as that Malcolm needed his own pokémon healing too, so they were going to the same place anyway. And, finally, basic courtesy said that he shouldn't just wander off before they'd reached their destination.

"Yeah, I think I'll stay a little while longer." He said. He thought he was helping them, completely unaware that he was just causing problems for them, and why so. "We don't know if those 'rangers' are coming back and I need to head for a pokémon center anyway to get Charmander healed."

He looked down to the small fire pokémon stood by his side. The berry had made him feel better but he still wanted to get him checked out to be on the safe side. Pikachu would probably need healing too, even if only because of the damage from her own Volt Tackle. Neither pokémon was seriously injured and Charmander was still perfectly happy to walk with Malcolm, but he always wanted to heal his pokémon even if they were only slightly injured.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jun 21 2010, 04:33 PM
Post #29

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Justin wanted to argue, to insist that they had it under control, but, truth be told, he was more than a little concerned about those other members of Team Deception, who seemed hell bent on sabotaging their mission and getting Unit 101 disbanded. Were they to show up, having Tag and Malcolm with them would be advantageous.

"Sure," he said, noticing Nate's reluctant glance. His partner simply nodded, and the group continued their walk past the busy street and towards the project housing beyond. The second they entered this district, it seemed very clear to Justin that something was going to go wrong. Tag wasn't stupid. Malcolm may have agreed to tag along because he was innocent or naive, but Tag was clearly suspicious of Justin and Nate by that point. First they were barely teammates, and now he was insisting on escorting them through a busy city to make sure they got there?

"Kind of a rough neighborhood," he said, trying to be casual about it, "But it's the quickest way to the nearest Pokemon Center." Nate was keeping silent the whole way, his face a very obvious tell that something was up. Justin didn't know what he had planned. He was hoping a brilliant idea would pop into his head by the time he got to the house where he was supposed to drop the seviper off, but as of yet, nothing. Maybe he'd drop it off at the house and hope that some guards would chase Tag and Malcolm off. Maybe he'd just take it all the way to a Pokemon Center and see if Tag and Malcolm wouldn't just head off after that. None of these seemed very solid, though.

As they walked, however, two familiar men walked out from behind one of the houses, both holding pokeballs. They were from the very same Team Deception group from earlier. They were noticeably missing their third, the woman. "End of the line, kids," the leader said, trying not to be intimidated by either Justin or Tag, both of whom were larger and scarier than he.

"What happened?" Justin asked, "Your girl leave you when your pathetic trio got trounced?"

"We're not half the sausage fest you guys are." he smiled.

"Actually, you're exactly half the sausage fest we are," Nate said, noting that they were two guys, and his group was four. Half.

Both of the two other men chuckled. "Well, you'd be right," the leader said again. "If we didn't have a girl in our group." He then tilted his head upwards and focused his eyes behind Justin. Justin turned around to see the ropes on his wagon cut and the seviper waking up. The woman was standing not far off, her right hand on her hip and a pokeball in her left.

"You woke it up?" Justin asked to no one in particular.

"Revives don't come cheap," the man replied. "But you're worth it." Justin went for his pokeball, but couldn't help but notice that the seviper did not seem violent or hostile at that point. It was scared, probably because the last two times it got into a fight with Justin and Nate (whose faces it likely had memorized) it got knocked unconscious. So, rather than jumping up and killing its captors, it slithered as quickly as possible in the opposite direction. Justin wanted to jump for it, but he was a little scared of getting sliced with that poisonous tail, and so was forced to let it go. It seemed to disappear when it turned towards the busy street they had come from. "Good job, guys, let's get outta here," the boss said as the three 'Rangers' grouped up and ran in a similar direction as the seviper.

Naturally if the snake were to get into the city, it could have the potential of doing serious harm, possibly killing innocent people, something which would surely reflect negatively on Justin and Nate, the two who brought it into the city. Such a blunder would certainly get them kicked out of Team Deception and possibly get them sent to prison depending on how illegal what they were doing was.

"We gotta find it," Nate said. "That thing could really hurt somebody." Justin nodded.

Immediately, Nate turned and ran towards the busy street, while Justin turned the wagon around so he'd be ready to follow and put it back in when the time came.

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jun 21 2010, 08:56 PM
Post #30

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

Tag noted how reluctantly Justin and Nate were in letting Malcolm and Tag tag along. (OOC: Sigh...) He figured that by now, his jig was up. He hadn't exactly tried to keep his suspicion under wraps, but things went more smoothly when they figured he was an ally. It was more than likely his insistence at traveling further with them (though, for true, his instincts had told him to ditch them the second they entered the city grounds).

Hence he was glad when Malcolm decided to follow as well. Malcolm was most definitely a good kid, and probably a little oblivious to the slightly ominous undertones of the whole situation. Nevertheless, Tag wasn't sure he could take on both Justin and Nate with just Ledyba and Nidoran, considering their fairly low level. Despite their bravado, they were not very strong pokemon. Having Malcolm on his side should a battle erupt between the four would be most advantageous. Once again, he could provide support while Malcolm fielded the main attack force. He'd so far seen Pikachu, Togepi and Charmander, and wondered curiously what the remaining two pokeballs were. He figured, since the kid seemed to be fielding popular Kanto starters, that the remaining two were Bulbasaur and Squirtle, or some evolutions thereof. (Boy, Tag sure was wrong on that one.)

While they walked, Tag began formulating battle strategies, or at least the basics of one. Sadly, though, he kept imagining the scenario if he were fielding his original team. It made him a bit sad, and probably a slight bit grouchier than usual that he was essentially using two novice pokemon. Not that he hadn't grown fond of Suzu and Bachi, it was just simply that they weren't what he was used to. He looked up at Suzu, still floating lazily overhead (he hadn't yet recalled her to the pokeball), and noticed that she looked notably alert.

Sure enough, they entered what appeared to be a very rough neighborhood of Petropolis. They were met with odd glances. Who could blame the bystanders? They were carting along an unconscious Seviper on a...well...cart. Suzu floated closely to his head, buzzing about anxiously. Perhaps she'd sensed something?

As soon as the thought processed through his head, of course the two men from earlier showed up. While Justin and Nate preferred to taunt the two men on losing the girl, Tag was immediately suspicious once again. Two men, holding pokeballs at the ready, but not fielding their pokemon, the girl (whom he'd faced earlier), missing...

It was a diversion.

Tag started to voice his concern, only to turn around and find the girl releasing the Seviper. He mentally cursed himself for being too slow on the uptake.

Before he could really process the situation, the Seviper had escaped into the town, and the 'Ranger Trio', had ran off after them. Nate took off, and Justin set about re-readying the cart. He figured Malcolm would naturally run off after Nate and Seviper as well, leaving him free to discuss things with Justin. Once the kid ran off, he slowly turned to face the taller man.

He crossed his arms, shifting his weight to his back foot. He didn't particularly care that the Seviper had run off- it wasn't his problem after all. However, he had basically uncovered the entire situation, and was not pleased at being deceived.

"So you drag us all the way here, then have your other teammates, the "rangers", wake up the Seviper, beat it back up, then you all turn it in for some reward money somewhere, after, of course, having ditched us in order to keep the con under wraps." he sounded a little cross. "You were working with them from the get go, weren't you? Your little show back in the field was a very nice touch, but I'm no toadie. I'll make you pay for this."

Ledyba sensed her master's ire and floated down between Justin and Tag, eying Justin curiously. Tag apparently gave Justin time for some sort of rebuttal, but despite his answer, it seemed that the trainer was more interested in 'talking' through a battle. The air felt thick with the tension, as naturally, Tag's glare had intensified. Then suddenly, the Ledyba heard: "Suzu, Comet Punch"

Not questioning her trainer's orders, she whizzed forward towards Justin, her six legs a veritable flurry of punches.

This post has been edited by Kamaitachi: Jun 22 2010, 03:24 AM

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Xal
post Jun 22 2010, 05:56 AM
Post #31

Gym Leader
Group Icon

PANE Party

"I'll help." Malcolm said to no one in particular, as it was pretty obvious he wasn't going to just stand there whilst everyone around him ran about. He quickly recalled Charmander, who probably wouldn't be able to run as fast as Malcolm, and went the same way Nate and the Seviper went, trying to keep up. However, Malcolm wasn't much of a runner and they'd both got a head start, so before he knew it he was running down an abandoned alleyway with no idea if he was heading in the right direction. There were only about five or six feet between the two tall buildings on either side of him, and the alley for as far as he could see was littered with bins, most of which were knocked over. It wasn't exactly how he imagined Petropolis would be, but then again this part of the city wasn't its most prestigious.

He stopped and sniffed the air. What was that? There was some kind of horrible odour worming its way into his nostrils. The alleyway had hardly been a field of roses, but this was putrid. He started to jog forwards again, and within a minute he was out the end of the alley. Before him was a river, and judging by the concrete sides to it it was man-made. He looked to the left. There was a fairly large lake in the distance, surrounded by towering buildings. The water in it and in the river was filthy though, and it was a pretty safe bet that this was the source of the stench. He guessed the whole thing was full of waste, and it was suddenly clear why the area he'd just been in wasn't so upmarket. Malcolm didn't imagine there would be many people living there out of choice, only by lack of money.
After considering that he looked to the right, and saw the three 'rangers' again. If he remembered correctly they, Nate and the Seviper had all gone in a similar direction. There was no sign of Nate or Seviper, though. Had this trio been trying to follow the Seviper and lost it? If so, Nate probably wouldn't be able to find it either. They'd left before he had, after all. Then again, perhaps they just weren't chasing it at all.
The trio were all looking across the river, but showed no sign that they'd spotted Malcolm. His head told him to run away, to find Justin, Nate or Tag and tell them he'd found the group. The trio must have had their pokémon healed (they did, after all, come to Petropolis in a jeep, so had had plenty of time before Malcolm and co. arrived), and it was a pretty close match when he was just fighting one of their pokémon. Having said that, he'd love to teach the group of criminals a lesson. They'd been trying to stop the Seviper getting healed every time they'd met, for no reason Malcolm could see besides malice. Justin said he wouldn't give it to them for poison, were they just trying to cause havoc in Petropolis out of revenge? Disgusting.

Malcolm's pokémon were strong and he was pretty sure he stood a fairly good chance at winning. Unless they'd obtained more they had five pokémon between them, just like Malcolm. Against his better judgement he started to sneak towards them. The were standing a few feet from the river, giving Malcolm the idea of pushing them in and running off. Although he'd love that, he'd have a group of angry criminals chasing him in the middle of nowhere. No, using his pokémon was the best way. Besides, the river looked pretty deep. If anything happened to them he'd find himself in serious trouble.

As he approached he started to hear bits of their conversation. They were saying something about 'kicking' someone, and something about some kind of 'deception'. He only heard the occasional word though and couldn't make much sense of it. He started to get closer but he'd never had a very light step. His foot brushed against a small stone and Malcolm could only watch and listen painfully as it bounced across the concrete floor. The three criminals swivelled round in an instant, all face to face with him. They were stood in between him and the river though, so it might not be too late to jump at them and throw them into the filth... no, that was silly.

"You again? You're not part of the unit..." One of the men said, who seemed to be the leader of the group.
"Kid, just get lost." The man he'd faced earlier spat. The three of them didn't seem to have any idea what they were supposed to do now that Malcolm had appeared, and Malcolm didn't have much of an idea either. In films it was so simple; you showed up, you fought, you left. Well, he guessed it was time for a pokémon battle, but on reflection he couldn't see what purpose that would serve. Still though, it was a tried and tested tradition. When in doubt, get your pokémon out.

"Your four, go!" Malcolm called out, attracting odd glances from the three criminals. He clumsily tried to grab two pokéballs in each hand, managing to toss them all different distances ahead of him. It wasn't quite the epic fight scene introduction he'd envisioned,to put it mildly. He wasn't following standard procedure by throwing out four pokémon, but he didn't expect anyone here would be playing by the rules. The four pokémon appeared before him, ready for battle against the three criminals. Charmander, Pikachu, Togepi and Pidgey were all raring to go. Malcolm quickly regretted sending Pidgey out with that rainbow feather (he was starting to think letting Pidgey wear it was a bad idea, but there was no denying that he thought it looked good) to face a group of criminals. It could only cause trouble. There was no helping that now, though. The leader nodded to his sidekicks, and the three of them sent out their own pokémon. Tangela, Bulbasaur, Drowzee, Meditite and Trapinch all appeared ahead of him. There was a moments hesitation on everyone's part, and an eery silence descended upon the scene. Carnage, however, soon exploded before them. The criminals quickly barked orders to their pokémon who instantly followed them.
The least threatening of them was the trapinch, who was just blowing Sand Attacks towards Malcolm's pokémon. He guessed, besides the bite it was using earlier, that was the only move it knew. He couldn't blame the trainer for not wanting it to run towards the four opponents just to bite one of them. This was going to be a battle of ranged attacks, it seemed. The Drowzee and Tangela started of with sleep attacks; Drowzee used Hynosis, Tangela used sleep powder. Of the four pokémon it was Togepi who was affected, falling asleep almost instantly. Bulbasaur started its attacks off with vine whip. The vines flew forward, connecting with Pidgey and knocking him to the ground as he was just about to fly into the air. Malcolm didn't recognise the Meditite, however, who seemed to be just sitting there. He pulled out the pokédex and focussed it on the mystery pokémon.

"Meditite!" It declared, showing a grainy image of the pokémon before him. He had to smile at that; finally, it worked, and it couldn't have done so at a better moment. He put it away and got on with the battle.

"Pidgey, use gust. Charmander, try ember. Pikachu, thundershock." He told the three of them. "Keep on using them until I say so."

It wasn't a sophisticated form of battling, but for the time being it was the best he was going to do. The attacks flew forwards; the Trapinch was blown onto his back by gust, legs flailing madly in the air as he tried to right himself. Drowzee was clearly hurt by Pikachu's thundershock and Charmander's ember struck the grass type Tangela, causing a reasonable amount of damage. The opposing trainers issued another set of orders. Only commanding one or two pokémon each, they were able to do so more quickly than Malcolm could and didn't need to rely on 'just keep going...'. Drowzee and Meditite used a confusion attack, knocking Charmander backwards. Bulbasaur launched a posonpowder attack, which went towards Pikachu. She coughed a bit, and it seemed the attack was effective. Trapinch was back in action, still desperately blowing sand towards the pokémon with all the strength he could muster. Tangela used absorb, taking some of Pidgey's depleting strength.

Malcolm wasn't at all happy about the way things were going. He wasn't an experienced battler, and it showed from the mess before him. His pokémon were getting hurt, and things weren't looking good for them. However, he still had one trick up his sleeve. The river was fairly shallow from Fishy's perspective and full of what Malcolm imagined was sewage, so he hadn't thought it ideal to use Fishy unless it was necessary. He thought the other four would be able to win on their own easily anyway, but he was wrong. He unclipped the ball and held it in his hand. It was difficult not to get carried away; Gyarados may have been an impressive size, but size didn't play much of a role in battles. He wasn't a huge amount stronger than the criminals' pokémon either. Malcolm guessed that he might have been nearly twice the strength of one of their weakest pokémon, but that was at a stretch. Even so, he could almost feel the pokémon's power flowing into his hand as he gripped the pokéball. It was a close match and Gyarados was probably enough to turn the tide in Malcolm's favour, even if perching in shallow filth was the cost. He'd apologise later, he decided.

"Fishy, water pulse!" He called out, throwing the final pokéball whistling over the heads of the pokémon and the criminals. Everyone stopped for a moment to watch it. The criminal team couldn't have had any idea what was about to appear, but when the Gyarados appeared from the ball towering above them the looks on their faces were priceless. They started barking a different set of orders this time, all pointing towards it. Bulbasaur and Tangela were launching some kind of powder at it, and Drowzee was using what appeared to be a hypnosis attack. Before they struck Gyarados had the chance to follow Malcolm's order, launching the water pulse down at his opponents. The ball of water exploded on contact with the ground, harming all the criminals' pokémon and causing some of Malcolm's to have to run back, Pikachu kindly pulling the sleeping Togepi to safety. Malcolm couldn't help but smile. Things were going well, very well indeed. He had a powerful Gyarados, what possible threat did these three pose now?

Crash.

Suddenly quite a big threat. Fishy the Gyarados, who was supposed to be the saviour of the battle, was hit by the sleep powders and hypnosis attack. Within seconds it fell asleep and its titanic body plummeted to the ground beside them. Things had gone from bad to incredible and back to bad, and it seemed things could only get worse from here on in.

"Ha! Sorry kid, did we ruin your plans?" The woman taunted. Malcolm gritted his teeth, realising that the battle wasn't going his way at all. His pokémon were more powerful but the criminals seemed to have much more battle experience. It wasn't even fair; these people were vermin trying to stop a Seviper getting healed, Malcolm and the others were the good guys here. He had to win.
With a yawn, although not one to put people to sleep, Togepi awoke. The small egg pokémon blinked a bit, looking to his friends and then to the opposing pokémon.

"All right Togepi, Matronome! You three, get back to your attacks. Fishy'll wake up soon too," He shouted.
"hopefully..." He added under his breath.

Togepi's arms started glowing and waving from side to side, facing up against the criminals and their team.

"Pi!" He screamed, letting forth a fire attack. Malcolm didn't know enough about attacks to be able to identify it, but it seemed to damage all the enemy pokémon.
"Charmander, get the grass types!" Malcolm ordered, seizing the advantage. Embers flew towards Tangela and Bulbasaur, and the super effective attack was the final straw. They fell to the ground unconscious. Their trainers recalled them, leaving the man Malcolm had faced earlier without any pokémon.

"Excellent." Malcolm smiled. Things were looking up again, partly thanks to Togepi's recovery. The Meditite was ordered to stop meditating and use a confusion. It aimed towards Pikachu, and whatever it was doing by meditating seemed to have given the attack strength. Pikachu was KOed the moment it struck, and Malcolm had to recall her. The poisoning with each attack had left her especially vulnerable. Drowzee seemed to do something to Charmander, and as he did so Charmander had to stop using Ember. Malcolm guessed it was the infamous Disable attack. Malcolm would have thought that Trapinch would be getting bored of sand attack by now but no, it was still there using the attack with all its strength. Its dedication to the cause was almost impressive, quite amusing, but definitely irritating.

"Pidgey, can you please deal with it? Use quick attack." He ordered. With only three opponents left going towards them was no longer so threatening, and Malcolm could only feel sorry for the helpless Trapinch as its determined series of Sand Attacks were forced to end by finally being defeated. Now there were only two pokémon, Drowzee and Meditite. With a deep grumble, as opposed to Togepi's faint yawn, Gyarados started to stir. The three criminals looked at each other. It was two against four, with a significant difference in strength. Before Malcolm had a chance to even shout after them they'd recalled their pokémon and darted off, causing immense disappointment for Malcolm. He hadn't given up when the odds were against him like they had, and now he'd been robbed of the opportunity to defeat them.

"Kid!" The leader shouted from an alley as the other two disappeared down it.
"Don't think you've won. You might have beaten most of our pokémon but you'll never stop us all. And don't trust those little friends of yours, either. Carting a Seviper all that way to get it healed out of the goodness of their hearts? Just how gullible are you, idiot?"

The three criminals vanished into the city, leaving Malcolm with what was left of his team of pokémon.

"Come on you lot..." He recalled his pokémon. He stood alone in the big city, and certainly felt alone for the first time in a while. What had the criminal meant by that? There was no way they could know what Justin and Nate were really doing even if they were lying about the Seviper. No, they clearly thought everyone in the world were criminals like them, or were trying to cause problems between the group. Justin and Nate hadn't given much reason to be suspicious of them, it made much more sense that the criminals were lying. Even so, as the filthy river flowed besides him, he was left uncomfortable by this latest trip. There were bad people in the world who'd turn on people for no reason, and Malcolm had only managed to beat them thanks to a reasonably large amount of luck. That wouldn't be the end of them though, they'd still go out trying to cause problems for innocent people like Justin and Nate who were just trying to do a good thing. Gathering himself, he turned back into the city to go and find them, as well as find the Seviper. He'd completely forgotten about the pokémon, and with the benefit of hindsight he probably should have gone after that instead of facing the criminals. He just wanted to make them regret trying to stop Justin, Nate, him and Tag from getting the Seviper healed, and he was glad he'd beaten them in battle. Maybe now they wouldn't be so hasty to commit crime, but he doubted it.

This post has been edited by Xal: Jun 27 2010, 04:50 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jun 25 2010, 04:26 AM
Post #32

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Justin reacted fairly quickly when Tag's ledyba flew towards him by throwing out Bonsly's pokeball. He figured because of the Rock pokemon's higher defense, it would be able to take anything Ledyba dished out. He was, of course, mistaken and realized this when he remembered all the damage Bonsly took from Trapinch earlier that day. Bonsly jumped towards the ledyba only to be hit by a flurry of punches, the last of which was enough to completely knock it out.

Frustrated, Justin called it back and readied his next pokeball, Nincada. He was saving Hitmontop for last for some reason. Before he sent Nincada out, though, he took a chance to discuss things with his opponent. "You're wrong, Tag," he said, truthfully. Indeed, the man didn't have everything figured out, though he was right in the betrayal part.

"This whole thing was suspect from the get go." Tag's voice sounded low and dangerous, almost like an angry baritone growl. "How much money are you making off a job like this, 10% off the top?" Poor Justin. If he had known even the teensiest bit of Tag's history, he probably would've figured that the man didn't take too kindly to betrayal of any kind.

Justin figured the jig was up the second Tag insisted on a battle, but tried his hand anyway. Didn't seem it was going to work. He might as well tell the truth though. "Look, I didn't have those losers fight us. They did that on their own, they wanted to steal the seviper. They weren't there to make me look good." He held for a second, then continued. "I'm getting paid a thousand, Nate too."

"Hope it's worth it." Tag spat, almost venomously. He was obviously hot blooded when he felt he'd been wronged, and this was one of those occasions. In all honesty, he had no reason to battle. He wasn't out to protect the Seviper, and clearly no want of a cut of the money. Rather, it seemed that his honour had been besmirched, and that was why he was now up in arms, ready to duke it out. Perhaps if Justin had just been honest with him from the get-go. No, wait. He probably would've just walked away. Anyway, it didn't change the fact that he was notably upset, and ready to take it out on Justin.

Justin wasn't ready to continue the battle quite yet. "Why are you fighting me? You knew this whole operation was sketch from the start, so why are you all pissy about it now?"

"I'm not someone you ever want to cross, kid. Fact of the matter is, you tried to manipulate me, then double cross me. Sure I went along of my own volition, but it doesn't change the fact that you tried to play me for a fool. That's why I'm 'all pissy' about it now." He pointed once again towards Justin. "Suzu, Supersonic."

Justin shook his head, getting angry himself now, and sent out Nincada, who took the odd soundwaves from the offending bug pokemon. "Nincada," he said. "Scratch." Before his pokemon even moved forward, though, she looked back at her trainer, somewhat confused. "Scratch. Go ahead." She ended up tripping as she moved awkwardly towards the ledyba, falling on her back, rendering herself immobile and vulnerable.

"Suzu, Encore." Tag allowed himself a sort of grim smile, now that Justin seemed to be getting riled up himself. At least now he could just enjoy the battle, and then win or loss, he could simply wipe his hands clean of the mess. "Just imagine how Malcolm will take it." He mused "How's that innocent kid gonna take the news that he travelled with some low-life criminals?" Not that Tag cared, but he'd at least insert a little psychological warfare into the battle: If Justin got riled up, he figured he was the sort to just lose control and get all worked up. Meanwhile, Ledyba floated over the teetered Nincada, clapping its little legs together in what sounded like gentle applause. Outwardly, the move did nothing, but surely it set off a little brain response in the downed Nincada.

Justin seemed just as confused as Nincada as it awkwardly waddled around the asphalt street, utterly confused about what was going on. Meanwhile, Justin continued their conversation. "He's not gonna," Justin said. "No reason for me to tell him about what we were doing." He wanted to add "and I'm not a low life," but it had the doubly negative effect of making himself seem overly sensetive and being generally untrue.

"Suzu, Comet Punch" Once again, the little Ladybug swooped down towards Justin's pokemon, the barrage of little punches aimed at the fellow insect pokemon waddling around. Tag sensed that at least for now he had the upper hand, at least until Hitmontop showed itself. "Naturally. Shame on you." Tag inwardly laughed. Here he was, essentially lecturing a guy on morals that he didn't follow himself. The hypocrisy was slightly amusing to him.

As Nincada took all the hits she could take, Justin called her back. Though his face betrayed his words, he continued. "What makes you think I care about some kid's feelings anyway?" He rotated Hitmontop's pokeball in his right hand.

"You're young." Tag glared as he set his hands akimbo. "You're young and confused. You evidently need constant validation, and having someone younger than you think ill of you is just going to eat you up on the inside. This kid will look at you with the same disgust I do, and you'll hate it. I look forward to seeing your face when that all unfolds." Ledyba floated back, hovering just over Tag's shoulder imitating her owner's glare, but with her rather cute saucer eyes, effectively diminishing the power of Tag's icy stare.

Justin's left fist tightened with rage. "You shut the fuck up!" he yelled. "You don't know me so stop acting like you do! You think, what? You're older so you get to just talk down on people all you want? No, fuck that. I don't care how many badass tattoos you have, you're not as cool as you think you are. I'm gonna wreck you."

With that, he tossed out his final pokeball, the only one with a pokemon inside capable of combat. Hitmontop popped out, already spinning on its head spike, more than ready to battle. Before Tag's ledyba could even react, Justin had Hitmontop use their favorite move. "Fake Out!" he called, but didn't really need to. Before he even said it, Hitmontop was spinning its way towards Suzu and Tag in a zig zag sort of pattern. When it got close, it shot itself up towards the bug pokemon and clapped its legs together.

Suzu, clearly alarmed, retreated into Tag's arms, her eyes all teary as he calmly hugged her to him. All the while, Tag merely eyed Justin's Hitmontop coolly. He had hoped earlier for a chance to face the Hitmontop, and now Justin had gotten all riled up. After a moment of petting the Ledyba reassuringly on the head, he held her back out towards the field, where she resumed her place in the battle, but had effectively given up her turn altogether. "I must've hit a nerve." he said almost nonchalantly "Otherwise you wouldn't be so worked up now would you? You've only served to prove me right, kid."

"Finish it!" he shouted, failing to ignore Tag's comments. Hitmontop used a new move, Pursuit, of which Justin wasn't completely aware. It learned it upon evolution and was a good finisher, because it was so quick, it made it impossible for the opposing pokemon to retreat. Hitmontop leaped up while spinning and did a few kicks, which we'll call Pursuit, on the ledyba.

Suzu had absolutely no time to react, much less retreat. The few kicks pummelled her hard, sending her crashing to the ground. Very calmly, Tag recalled her to her pokeball, holding out the pokeball for Nidoran. The Hitmontop, unfortunately, was way out of his league, but that wasn't going to stop him. "Bachi, Peck."

Bachi leapt clear out of its pokeball towards the Hitmontop, its horn and front tooth gleaming dangerously as it lanced forward to hopefully score a super effective hit with hits flying type attack.

Unable to use Fake Out, Justin had Hitmontop do the next best thing, and shouted, "Tackle!" Hitmontop didn't tackle the same way it did when it was known as Tyrogue, however. It was much quicker, like just a better version of the move. This was Quick Attack, an ability Tyrogue does not have access to, but Hitmontop does at very low levels. So before the nidoran's attack landed, Hitmontop jumped forward with near ridiculous speed and landed a small kick before spinning back to its position. Once there, it did take the weak yet effective attack from the nidoran, but it wasn't enough to do any significant damage. "Another one of those Quick Attacks," Justin's heart was beating faster. Victory seemed to be within reach.

Hitmontop's newfound speed and power clearly outclassed Tag's pokemon at least twofold. The Nidoran hit the ground with a loud thud, and lay there moaning. Wordlessly, Tag recalled the Nidoran and stood there facing Justin, arms crossed. Then, oddly enough, he smiled for the first time on the entire trip. "Thanks, Justin. That was fun." With that, he turned and started to leave without saying another word, though it was pretty obvious that he was headed to the pokemon center to heal up his comrades.

"I lied," Justin called as Tag turned.

Tag stopped, smile slowly vanishing as he turned back to face Justin "You're shitting me." He narrowed his eyes dryly.

Justin's eyes were embarrassingly watery, and he was unable to make eye contact with Tag. "That's not the way to the pokemon center. You're gonna wanna go back to the busy street we came through and take a right at the first intersection, then keep going straight."

Tag didn't know whether or not to feel angry that he'd fallen for such a simple lie, after seeing through all the seemingly delicately crafted ones. He juggled with the thought of laughing at the humour of the situation, or lashing out angrily for being fully duped, so he simply decided on neither. "My Thanks." And with that, he walked past Justin and the cart.

"Tag," Justin interrupted him another time even though it was clear Tag was done with the conversation.

"For crying out loud, what?" Tag wheeled around, irritation etched all over his face.

Justin sighed, not really knowing what to say. He did like Tag, even though what just happened did, in fact, happen. Basically, he didn't it to end on that note. "Sorry," he said, simply, for making Tag turn around. Then, he said what he wanted to say. "I just wanted to say that I'm sorry. I didn't mean for you and Malcolm to get caught up in our shit. And, uh, thanks. For helping us, I guess. Even though you didn't trust us. I don't really, uh. Whatever. Let me start over. Bye."

"Things happen." Tag shrugged "But be careful, you're Number One on my hit list now." He said it with the a surprisingly casual air. Basically, if Justin could read between the lines, he was saying that he was sure they'd meet up again, but in a much less sappy way than that. "Bye."

Justin walked as Tag walked away, not sure whether he wanted to see him again. He did, for sure, but he mainly wasn't sure whether their next meeting, should it happen, would be on good terms. Not ten seconds after Tag disappeared did Nate show up from the same street, dragging a third time wounded seviper by the head with his tiny arms. "Some help?" he panted.

It took a few seconds for Justin to react to the situation at hand, but he finally did and started running towards his partner with their cart and helped pull the snake onto it. "Did it do any damage?"

"None," Nate shook his head. "He scared a few people, but he was too scared himself to really start anything. He didn't even fight me, just kept running. I had to get Pinch to chase him down and knock him out. Kinda sad actually."

"Sad is what will happen to us if we don't deliver," Justin said, coldly. "We knew what we were signing up for."

"Yeah," Nate sighed. "Where's Tag?"

"Gone," Justin didn't go into any further detail. "Where's Malcolm?"

"I don't know," Nate shrugged. "We should wait for him, though, you think?"

"We have the snake," Justin raised an eyebrow. "Why do we need to wait for Malcolm?"

"Because he-"

"Are you gonna tell him?" Just asked.

"Tell him what?"

"About us," Justin nodded. "About what we do, who we are. What we enlisted his help for."

Nate shook his head, as if it were obvious. "Why would I tell him that?"

"Because it's the truth?"

"True," Nate paused. "I, um. I don't, uh,"

"I don't wanna be around for whatever happens when he does get back," Justin said. "And I don't have time to wait and see if he does get back. I'm taking the seviper to the drop. Meet me there when you're done here."

Nate just nodded as Justin pulled the cart towards the house where he was supposed to take it, hoping those "rangers" from earlier weren't still around. They did run off in a different direction, and it didn't seem like they wanted to fight and lose again, but if they did happen to come back, they could easily outnumber and outmatch Justin, especially since he only had one conscious pokemon. His fears, of course, were unjustified as young Malcolm had singlehandedly taken care of that particular problem, something of which Justin was frightfully unaware.

Meanwhile, Nate waited awkwardly in the middle of the road, arms crossed, waiting for Malcolm to return.

OOC (click to show)

This post has been edited by Yzarc Drowsnam: Jun 25 2010, 04:36 AM

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Xal
post Jun 27 2010, 06:44 AM
Post #33

Gym Leader
Group Icon

PANE Party

Malcolm could hear the faint sound of the busy road in the distance, so he knew he was near the street he'd left Justin and Tag on. Hopefully at least one person stayed behind so everyone could meet up back there, and with any luck Nate might have found the Seviper already. He would have gone after it himself, but following the battle his pokémon weren't in any position to fight it. Besides, after all that time it could have gone anywhere. The chances of him finding it were negligible. He needed to tell the others he'd faced the criminals too; he hadn't defeated all their pokémon, but he'd taken out a fair few and those that were left were weakened. If the 'rangers' hadn't bothered sticking around to complete the battle then he supposed that they knew they were going to be beaten. Of course, they could have run off to save their pokémon for another battle. It might not be the last he saw of them today, but then again he wasn't planning n sticking around too long. On his first trip to Petropolis he'd been attacked by criminals, so he wasn't getting a particularly good feel of the place. There were good Samaritans like Justin and Nate, but he'd still like to get as far away as the criminal trio as he could.

Malcolm meandered around the litter and bins along the alleyway as he approached the street he'd left. He wasn't sure that he would have been able to find it, on account of the fact he'd travelled quite far in an area he'd never been before. But, fortunately, he'd managed to find the way and stepped back onto the street. He thought that he saw Justin with the cart and the Seviper in the distance as he emerged from the street, but Nate was standing much closer. It took him a moment to decide who to go to, but he decided upon Nate: He'd probably come back with the Seviper, and Justin had taken it to be healed whilst Nate waited for Malcolm and Tag (who, he assumed, had also tried to find the Seviper).

"Hey." He called out as he got near the waiting boy.
"I guess Justin found the Seviper? By the way, I ran into those three 'rangers' again. We had a battle, I beat most of their pokémon but they ran off before the end. Is Tag not back yet?" He asked.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jun 27 2010, 02:08 PM
Post #34

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

It wasn't too long until Malcolm showed up, which Nate was happy about. He got right down to business as he approached Nate, though, so the favor was returned.

"Tag left, I brought the seviper to Justin, he's taking it to the dr-the pokemon center." He stopped for a second to remember if there were any more urgent things to discuss. "Wait. You beat all three of those losers? Nicely done, Mal!" He held up his fist to young Malcolm and let's assume that Malcolm returned the favor.

"So anyway, there was something I needed to say," he continued, awkwardly scratching the left side of his neck with his right hand. It took him a second to conjure up whatever guts were within him to try and tell Malcolm the truth about what this mission was about. He couldn't do it, though. The kid was way too nice and innocent, even for a sixteen year old, and Nate refused to be the guy who crushed that. "I guess, um. I guess thanks. You know, for helping us get the seviper here to get healed." In a way, he wasn't lying. They were probably going to heal the seviper before putting it in a miserable holding chamber with a bunch of other captive pokemon where they waited for the zoo to open so they could be relocated to a different miserable holding chamber where people can look at them and laugh at them and throw things at them.

"You're a good kid, Mal," he wasn't making consistent eye contact, but kinda just looked around. "I gotta catch up to Justin now, but uh, it was good to meet you. Hope to see you again." Nate nodded at Malcolm, but didn't offer another handshake or fistbump. He just turned around and jogged over to where Justin was carting the seviper without even looking back.

"How was the reunion?" Justin asked.

"Shut up, I just wanted to say bye," Nate sighed.

"I thought you were gonna tell him the truth?"

"Well, I didn't lie to him," Nate nodded his head. "So I guess that's kind of like telling the truth."

"So you pussied out."

"Yeah," Nate said. "I just couldn't do it, you know? I couldn't be that guy. Is, uh," he began when Justin had stopped in front of one of the houses. "Is this the place?"

"Yeah," Justin nodded, walking the short distance from the street to the front door. He lifted his hand to knock, but before he could, the door opened. From inside the dark house came a large man, as tall as Justin, but much bulkier, both in muscle and fat. He wore a black rock and roll t-shirt and sweatpants, paired with the most deadpan stare which looked right past your eyes, right past your skin and right past your soul into the space behind you.

"101?" he asked. Justin just nodded. "Is it alive?" he continued, looking past Justin and Nate at the seviper. Nate nodded. "Male or female?" Justin and Nate exchanged awkward "ums" and "uhs" before coming to the conclusion that they had no idea. "Fine, we'll figure it out. Jesse! Walt!" Two men, both younger and better dressed came to the door and opened it all the way.

"Sup Fred?" one of them asked.

"Bring the seviper inside." They both nodded and shoved their way past Justin as if he wasn't there, snatched the cart away from Nate and dragged it inside the house. Nate, now empty handed, joined Justin and Fred at the front door. "You two got any more questions or concerns?"

"Um, well there was a matter of payment-" Justin began.

"You'll get your money, but not here. I'm not your boss, I'm just the drop point. They'll probably give you another mission and your full payment within a week, since you delivered well. I'll recommend you for another job."

"Thanks," Justin nodded, holding out his hand. "I'm Jus-"

Fred shook his head. "Get outta here, Jus," he cut him off. "Both a you, ain't no need for us to get comfy," Justin just nodded and took a few steps back from the front door, Nate joining him, before they turned around and walked back to the street.

"So, I'll see ya?" Nate asked when it was time for them to part ways.

"More than likely," Justin said.

"Cool," Nate nodded awkwardly. "Well, it was good to meet you, Justin Smart," he held his arm out to his partner, hoping to give him the handshake that was denied to him by Frank.

Justin stalled for a second, but finally took the hand. "See you around, Guzman."

They had a long way to go to get to the point where they would trust each other, but at least Justin had a little respect for Nate at that point, and had more feelings than just hate and annoyance. The mission was a success, Tag and Malcolm were okay, and the other Team Deception group was defeated. Both Justin and Nate feared they would not stop trying to sabotage their missions, Justin figured that the more they did that, the easier it would be to learn their identities and get them reported.

Things did seem to be looking up, but when one lives the life of crime, they can take a fall much faster than they can get better. At least it was exciting.

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Xal
post Jun 27 2010, 04:38 PM
Post #35

Gym Leader
Group Icon

PANE Party

Malcolm nodded as Nate explained what had happened. He wondered when Tag had left exactly, if he'd stayed around to see the Seviper back safely or if he'd just wandered off when the pokémon did, but he wasn't going to ask. Tag had an air of mystery about him, it didn't surprise Malcolm that he'd disappeared the moment he turned his back.

"Wait. You beat all three of those losers? Nicely done, Mal!" Nate said as he bumped his fist. Malcolm could only smile at the pair's unlikely friendship. They were incredibly different people and yet got on perfectly well, or perhaps even better. It was something he'd not experienced for a long time, and it was nice that he'd met someone genuinely nice and easy to get along with. It wasn't as if he'd not made friends in Furoh; he'd run into Douken and Lizzie a few times, and then there was Govannon of course. However, he'd never really opened up to anyone properly. With Nate, however, Malcolm felt there was a mutual appreciation between them.

"Well, I wouldn't say that exactly..." Malcolm said, but trailed off before he finished. He'd already mentioned he hadn't really beaten them, not in any satisfying way anyway, so didn't think there was any need to go over it again. And it was a victory nonetheless, and quite an impressive one at that. The three criminals might not have had very strong pokémon or a huge amount of them, but Malcolm didn't deserve his own constant belittling of his achievement.

"You're a good kid, Mal," Nate said, starting to seem uncomfortable. "I gotta catch up to Justin now, but uh, it was good to meet you. Hope to see you again."

With a nod the boy ran off, leaving Malcolm alone. He was a little confused by Nate's sudden departure; he wasn't his usual self, and seemed almost upset. Or guilty? Well, not happy anyway. But, Malcolm reasoned, that could only be expected from someone who was about to part ways with him. He'd probably be upset if he had to leave himself, too.

On that note Malcolm turned towards the busy street behind him. There was bound to be another pokémon center on a main road like that, and he was in dire need of doing some shopping. At the top of his list, just above a functioning pokédex, was a phone of some kind. His encounter with Nate had made him determined not to just meet people for a short while and never see them again. He had Daniel's number from Castle Vonmoto and had promised they'd meet up. However, he was still to live up to that promise. He'd go and get a phone and give him a ring at some point. He'd probably need to get new clothes, too, fulfilling an even older promise (this one to himself). Green jumpers just weren't always practical.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:47 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.