Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
Mammalian pokemon and eggs, Does it make sense?
Well?
Your thoughts:
All mammalian pokemon are monotremes, humans are just special. [ 12 ]  [40.00%]
Mammalian pokemon give birth to live young, eggs are there to avoid too much coding. [ 13 ]  [43.33%]
Humans in the pokemon world lay eggs too. [ 5 ]  [16.67%]
Total Votes: 30

Bronze Charizard
post Jul 17 2010, 11:39 AM
Post #1

Dragons rule. Admit it...
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 76 205

Hot Springs Gym

There are obviously some pokemon that don't look like egg layers. Vulpix, Miltank. Poochyena...the list goes on and on. A logical explanation would be to call them egg laying mammals(like platypi), officially called monotremes. But that would make humans the odd one out...

Judging from the games alone, I believe that Nintendo made all pokemon lay eggs to save time. I figure the breeding system was tedious enough to code, without considering which pokemon would lay eggs and which ones wouldn't.

What do you think?

This post has been edited by Ruby Charizard: Jul 17 2010, 11:56 AM

--------------------

Refresh to see another one of my favorites! I currently have 7 out of 17 types drawn...

RP Characters | Deviant Art
Personality Quizzes (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Bronze Charizard
post Jul 30 2010, 12:18 PM
Post #2

Dragons rule. Admit it...
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 76 205

Hot Springs Gym

If their energies come together only in daycare, how do you explain wild populations?

Anyway, Tiamat got me thinking...
In the Pokemon World, all multicellular beings reproduce by laying eggs of some sort. (Seeds of plants and spores of fungi count as eggs.) The only mammals that exist are monotremes. Even humans, who give birth to live young on other planets, lay eggs.

The human egg group is generally considered to be unable to breed with other egg groups. The elusive creatures known as pokemorphs have led some to believe otherwise, but the existence of pokemorphs has yet to be confirmed...

There is only one species known to science that belongs in the human egg group: Homo sapiens. The creature is bipedial, and not as furry as other mammals. Most of the hair is on the top of the head; the hair everywhere else is so thin that the skin shows through. Skin color can be anywhere from creamy white to brown. The front paws are extremely versatile, able to grasp objects as small as a thorn. The hind paws are useless for carrying things, so their only purpose is movement. Males tend to be larger and bulkier than females. Adults grow to around 5 or 6 feet tall, and reach weights in the 100 pound range.

Humans are very intelligent. In fact, the high intelligence is the reason the species has survived so long. They have no sharp claws. They can't outrun enemies. And they can't breathe fire, produce poison, wield electricity, etc. But they can invent tools to do those things and more. Notable examples are weapons(to replace sharp claws) and vehicles(to remedy the lack of speed). They are also quite social, living in large groups.

Females go into heat once a month, but there are no obvious changes in behavior or appearance during this time, making the breeding process more "hit and miss" than that of other creatures. However, this is actually a good thing. Couples end up developing a strong bond, which helps in the long run; especially while raising onery offspring.

Eggs are the size of a football, and are laid about 2 days after conception. Most of the time, the clutch consists of a single egg, but twins or triplets are possible. Eggshells are the same color as the young's skin will be. The embryo develops for 9 months before kicking the shell open. Newborns are tiny and helpless, requiring the care of both parents. The father can't produce milk of course, but that doesn't mean he's not important. Studies have shown that young humans who grow up without a father present are more likely to commit crimes and generally become a burden to society.

Young learn to walk and talk, and start to grow teeth, around the age of 1 year. After that, growth is rapid. The baby teeth begin to fall out and be replaced by permanent teeth around the age of 6 years. Around the age of 13 years, sexual maturity is reached; but most individuals don't breed until around the age of 20 years. Humans are considered elderly around the age of 50 or 60 years. The average life span is around 80 years.

Yeah. That's on my deviantart account going into a group about pokemon biology. Comments?

This post has been edited by Ruby Charizard: Jul 30 2010, 12:20 PM

--------------------

Refresh to see another one of my favorites! I currently have 7 out of 17 types drawn...

RP Characters | Deviant Art
Personality Quizzes (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:36 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.