Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Double Cross, A story of fading allegiance. (Closed)
Kishk
post Aug 17 2010, 10:46 AM
Post #21

Taking over the world, starting with the pancakes.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10 157

Uprising RP Team

Kishk sighed as he walked towards the young woman, wondering how fast she'd beat him with that enormous Aerodactyl of hers. The Pokemon had landed by now, and was lying down, eying him suspiciously. Kishk's fingers inched towards Growlithe's Pokeball, a plan already forming inside his head.

Plenty of grass here... he thought to himself, grinning.

When he was near enough to be heard, he threw his coat aside, which was carried away slightly by a sudden gust of wind (it also gave his hair a nice effect, mind you). Acting cool and confident, he began speaking to the young woman.

"You," he said, pointing at her with his left index finger (his right hand lay on top of Growlithe's Pokeball). "Let me through."

The young woman, who was previously busy attempting to fix her hair (it looked fine to Kishk), looked up and started walking towards him.

"I don't get what's with women and taking care of their hair so much." he mumbled to himself, fixing his own hair.

--------------------

Hunting for: Shinies on Pokemon: Sapphire Version.

Sprites (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fei Fei
post Aug 26 2010, 02:28 PM
Post #22

Is totally a chick.
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 742

PANE Party: Alex

Oscar smiled at the young girl- Janette, he reminded himself (a lovely name, though her insistence on the name 'Jan' suggested a more rebellious nature)- and lifted a hand to silently suggest they begin walking. At the very least, he knew in what direction they were going (for all he knew of the mission, he may as well lead them back to his apartment- damn, if only she was older). He assumed they were going out of the town, and so this was the direction to go. Diamond yawned, stretching her hind legs out before taking up her position at her master's feet, striding easily alongside him, her tail swishing in time to the trotting of her four paws.

"Well, Jan," he began, remembering to use her preferred nickname rather than risk offending her. It was important to remember little things like that about people to work them in whatever way you wanted, and it was a hobby of his, knowing things about people (well, sometimes- sometimes he was too enamored with himself to care). "Since I seem to be lacking dreadfully in the information department, I hope you at least are aware of the parameters of this mission." It always took all of his will-power not to say 'mission' like it was the funniest word he could think of. It just seemed so... childish, to him. Well, rather like a game of pretend, or something out of a spy movie. He could never quite adjust himself to the thought of being in an organization like this, no matter how well it worked for him, but couldn't they at least think of something more creative than 'mission'? "I'm afraid to say that, as far as I know, we're running the Boss's grocery list." Wouldn't that be just the kind of thing he'd do to piss Oscar off. At least Oscar would have the satisfaction of getting everything on the list wrong (can you say 'Ultra Spicy Bottled Hell Hot Sauce' instead of 'Mild'?).

As Oscar spoke, a more serious part of his brain (a part that was seriously underused, and was even beginning to gather mental cobwebs) began to wonder why, exactly, he was on this mission. Jan didn't seem like grunt material, and though neither was he, in his own not-so-humble opinion, he still ranked in that dreadfully low level (still, it did allow for a lot of time-off, and required little to no dedication). Grunt missions weren't usually so hush-hush, and he was never accompanied by a higher-rank. Something in his mind told him that this was probably some kind of suicide mission (Jan looked rebellious enough that they'd try to get rid of her- unless she was there to kill him...), and the Boss had finally had enough of him. Hm. Not a bad theory. He'd have to watch his back, and in the event of a worst case scenario, make a mental note to offer Jan large sums of money to convince her not to kill him. No one was above the influence of large sums of money, and he really didn't want to die. It would be really bad if Jan was sent to kill him (it would still be bad if they were sent off on a join suicide mission, but at least he could bribe his way out of an assassination).

While her master was busy worrying about his life and possible bribes, Diamond was busy being pompous. It had never occurred to her that the Torchic she was having so much fun antagonizing might be stronger than her. The Meowth had a lot of confidence in her own ability to be quick, but she wasn't so great in direct conflict (not that she'd ever admit it to herself). If she wasn't careful, she'd really annoy the fire-pokemon into attacking her, regardless of team loyalties. Still, she was having far too much fun ruffling its feathers (both literally and figuratively) to pay attention to its readiness to skin her alive.

Finally, mindless of Diamond's obliviousness, Oscar stopped short, and looked at Jan very seriously, aware of how much taller he was. "Jan," he started gravely, and put a hand on her shoulder. They hadn't gone very far from where they'd initially met up, but that didn't matter. He just really had to do this. "I will pay you a million dollars not to kill me." He was willing to go higher, but a good haggler always started low, and then slowly met the assassin's demands. His life was a lot to him, after all. "I will also buy you a house, if you're so inclined. And a ponyta." Little girls loved ponytas, right?

Diamond stopped short as Oscar did, looked up at him with a confused look, tail twitching in curiosity. Then, her eyes perked up and her whiskers flared when she heard her master say 'kill', and she looked down from him and at the Torchic with wide eyes. They were going to kill her master?! No! That wasn't good. No more master meant no more baths, or fancy food, or having a warm body to curl against at night! No more master meant her best friend and brother would be gone! She didn't even know what to do with this information! She remained frozen for a few more minutes, and then hastily moved into action. She brought a paw up and scratched at the back of her diamond-studded collar until it fell off, and then took it into her mouth. If her master could bribe, so could she! She lifted it up and held it up to offer to the Torchic, eyes still wide in shock. Who could refuse such a pretty, sparkly, comfortable collar? No one! That's who! Even if it was her's and Oscar had gotten is especially for her, she could part with it to keep him (and probably herself) alive.

This post has been edited by Fei Fei: Aug 26 2010, 02:38 PM

--------------------
PANE (click to show)

PANE:
I've been dead. I'm back. Let's get our RP on.

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Aug 26 2010, 03:31 PM
Post #23

Sacred Guardian of the Ice-type
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 138

Cold as Ice

Lanette stared at the young man ahead of her. She was easily three, maybe four, years older than him, and she felt a few inches taller as well, though from a distance and without an accurate measurement it was hard to tell. To her dismay, however, her hair had started to fray at the edges. If she had any intimidating presence, certainly it woud be lost if her hair was the mess it was. Now she would never win. Oh, this was going to be a long day, Lanette knew it.

"Umm....no?" she replied meekly to the boy's demand. Lanette found it hard to find a voice to respond with. This was her first field mission outside of the city, and she had hoped not to see anyone else. Aerodactyl finally came around and noticed the approaching teen for the first time. It stood up slowly and took flight, beating its wings hard against the dry air, kicking up a sandstorm of dust that last a good twenty seconds. When it settled, the pokemon was off the ground a few meters, its glare penetrating deep into the souls of anyone stupid enough to lock eyes. Lanette took notice of the evil glare, and giggled. "Stop that, Aerodactyl. You'll scare him."

The girl mustered up some courage. "Listen, I'm not letting you, or anyone, through this cave." But wait; hadn't that one guy...."Okay, nobody else." How embarrassing....Lanette's bangs hung lazily in front of her eyes. Why weren't they behind her ear, where they should be? Everything was going wrong today!

--------------

His name echoed off the walls of the cave. Vincent shook his head slowly, without turning around.

"Why?" he thought aloud. "I'm a nice guy. I don't deserve this." After a minute of self loathing, he turned to see Daniel Reeves, the Rebellion operative he'd met a few weeks ago. So far, this would be his fourth meeting with the boy. He looked around, trying to find an advantage he had. Each time he fought Daniel, the tactics Vincent used always required out-of-the-box thinking, and he knew this time would be no different.

"Daniel," he said lazily, trying to buy time, "I'm kinda busy. I'm going to have to report this find to my boss-" He stopped mid-sentence. Did he? Vincent turned to face the tablet, trying to read it. Using his flashlight, he went over each line as carefully as he could. "And you here just complicates things." The king of the sea, the bringer of rain. "So, if you wouldn't mind...." The water will rise, and a deluge will sweep the land clean. "....I'd like to get back to that." He who rules the sea, rules the world. Then the light caught on a sparkling object embedded in the stone. There it was; a small diamond fixture. Inside the gem, a light formed an almost perfect arrow that reflected off a smaller gem within the encasement. It was pointing east, which meant only one thing: it was a compass that pointed to Kyogre.

Vincent had to destroy it. Screw his boss. No way a respectable pokemon master would let a criminal mastermind use any means to abuse a pokemon, even one as vastly powerful and uncontrollable as Kyogre. Team Aqua always had a way. They could steal the blue orb again, or find another method; but the icy-haired teen refused to be a part of it, even if he was only delaying the inevitable.

But....what about Daniel?

"Reeves, let me work. Just go, before I make you."

This post has been edited by Vincent Lance: Sep 8 2010, 08:39 PM

--------------------
This is my story series. I'm done posting the second book! Read it!

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

BlackStarLine
post Aug 26 2010, 03:57 PM
Post #24

Elite Four
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 76 525

Uprising Team

"Really? I do believe the only time you've beaten me was the first time we met? Every other time it's either been a draw or you've had to go." Daniel said with a bit of a laugh, "And if you don't mind me asking, what is it you are here to do? I don't see anything of value in here..."

He looked round the dimly lit cavern and could honestly see nothing of much value...

"Because whatever it is Aqua want, I'm here to make sure they don't get it." Daniel said.

He was determined to stop Aqua from doing anything that would harm the world. He also wanted to kick both them and Magma out of Noverus and give the City back to the people.

This post has been edited by IceColdGlaceon: Sep 9 2010, 08:01 AM

--------------------
Uprising Stuff... (click to show)

Random Crap. (click to show)

The most epic quote in history:
QUOTE(kirby163 @ Nov 15 2010, 10:58 PM) *
They teach blackmail at college, but it's called ethics awesome.gif
+Quote Post

nuttyjigs
post Aug 27 2010, 04:40 AM
Post #25

Someone insane
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 407

Inferno

One fact in this world, at that moment, stood clearly above the rest: That was odd.

Cautiously, afraid to cause an explosion of more bribes, Jan took Oscar's hand and placed it back by his side. She raised an eyebrow questioningly. "Whatever made you think of such discriminating thoughts? If I had been out to murder you, I would have done so another time, not when I have a task at hand." After adding a cocked head to her already puzzled expression, she added, "And I cannot fathom what I would do with a Ponyta."

Ember, however, seemed highly amused by Oscar's (not to mention Diamond's) act of sudden submission. Her glittering eyes gave it all away, and if feathered Pokemon could smirk, hers would be quite blatant at the moment, as if to say, Well, you can still hand over that collar, if you insist so badly.

--------------------
Might return to activity sometime soon. noes.gif I have to get back to GPX, too...
+Quote Post

ShinyTyphlosion
post Sep 3 2010, 01:18 AM
Post #26

Look! A delish sparkle!
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 646

Supa Uprising Team :D

Paul was walking around wondering how he was to join Aqua. "I know they don't just recruit anyone who walks in and asks to be hired like Magma." Paul sighed. "Any ideas?" He asked the Cyndaquil sitting on his shoulder.

The Pokemon shook it's head telling him no.

"I guess I'll have to make friends with an Aqua since bribing is out of the question..." Paul took out about 10 dollars from his pockets knowing it's all he has and put it back in. "Well, what if I help one of them stop a Magma? That might convince them I'm not a spy, right?"

Cyndaquil had an uneasy look like it wasn't sure if it would work.

"Well what's your idea then?" He stared at the small blue and tan Pokemon still walking.

"QUIL!!" It shouted.

Paul walked right into a small wall and flipped right into it falling into the river hitting his head on the way down. He moved his legs and arms as much as he could to try and stay above the the water, but the current was much to strong. "HELP!!" He shouted when ever he managed to get his head above the water. He yelled it a few times before he noticed his voice was drowned out by the raging current.

"QUIL!!" He though he heard his Cyndaquil yell when he managed to get above the water again.

Did Cyndaquil manage to jump off my shoulder in time? He thought. He had hoped that it jumped off and was yelling for help for him and not for itself.

"QUILLLL!!" He heard it again when he got above the water. Then he saw the Cyndaquil helplessly attempting to swim.

Oh no! I've got to so him! He thought to himself. Just then, the current pulled him deep under. This is it... He thought. I'm sorry Cyndaquil... The current pulled him into a rock forcing him to breath out. He breathed in some water and within a few seconds, everything went black.

This post has been edited by ShinyTyphlosion: Oct 9 2010, 09:37 PM

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
Shiniez! (click to show)

+Quote Post

Fei Fei
post Sep 8 2010, 04:37 PM
Post #27

Is totally a chick.
Group Icon

Oscar still wasn't completely sure if he believed her, but he was going to let it go- for the moment. After all, there really was nothing more important than his own skin, so if there was even the slightest threat to it, he was going to make sure he had all possible bases covered. And if she didn't know what to do with a Pontya, well, he'd just have to get her a Rapidash instead.

As he gladly took his hand back to his side and motioned for them to keep walking, he flashed her a grin. "Well, in that case, I suppose I shall be infinitely more comfortable in your company. After all, I've always found it rather difficult to properly associate with someone who was plotting to kill you. I dated a girl like that once. She said it was her kink, but I severely advise you to stay away from people like that. It's fun for a week or so until the cost of Kevlar starts eating away at your bank-account."

Diamond sniffed, every ounce of her previous smug-superiority back in place, and she re-affixed her collar to where it properly belonged. That week had been far more stressful than it was worth for the attentions of a single Growlithe. He hadn't even been a particularly good-looking Growlithe, either.

"In any event," Oscar continued, feeling much relieved that he (probably) wouldn't be finding a gun to his head any time soon. "You did mention your methodology for a potentially hypothetical situation in which you would murder me. If that case still stands, I would like to make you a larger offer to ensure that it never crosses your mind again. Ever." The talking helped to distract him from the fact that he actually had no idea what their mission was, or where they were going, but he suspected that, sooner or later, Jan would catch onto the fact that he was quite aimless at the moment. Stupid Boss, not telling him anything. He supposed it was some conspiracy, envisioned by his superior for the sole reason of making him look bad in front of a girl (even if said girl was too young for him).

"Pardon me for breaking the mood," as if there had been any mood, "but I am a professional," not, "and it seems to me that now should be the time for sharing information about the mission we've been collectively sent on." Perhaps he'd been beating around the bush, but by now the bush was thoroughly beat, and getting down to business would probably be a good idea. Regardless of if he took it seriously or not.

--------------------
PANE (click to show)

PANE:

+Quote Post

nuttyjigs
post Sep 12 2010, 04:48 AM
Post #28

Someone insane
Group Icon

Inferno

Hmm. Jan began to wonder how the idea that she was out to murder him crossed Oscar's mind in the first place. Had she done something offensive...? Nothing she had done seemed very offensive...Ah, it didn't quite matter at the moment. There was discussion to do. Jan flipped open her Pokegear to review the map which would point out the location of the quarry.

"Our mission? Well, I propose we begin by traveling in the correct direction." Indeed, wherever Oscar was leading them was a few degrees astray from the route to the quarry. "Come on. The quarry's over this way." She switched directions without looking up from her Pokegear, cutting to the right, where the quarry was supposedly located.

--------------------
Might return to activity sometime soon. noes.gif I have to get back to GPX, too...
+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Sep 17 2010, 08:54 PM
Post #29

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

(The following is a joint post by me and Kishk to reduce clutter. All posts are separated by dashes.)

Kishk sighed and gave in to the inevitable. His hand went from Growlithe's Pokeball to Pidgey's, wondering how skilled this woman was in battles. She seems a bit distracted..., he thought, pulling the Pokeball off its place on his belt. His gave shifted from the woman to the Aerodactyl as he pressed the button in the middle of the Pokeball, making it enlarge. But that Aerodactyl seems to make up for it... This is gonna be a long day...

"I guess there's no way of avoiding this battle. Get ready, 'cause I don't plan on losing to the likes of an Aqua such as yourself." said Kishk, wondering if she would choose the Aerodactyl first. "Go, Pidgey!"

The Pokeball rolled once. Twice. Three times in midair before opening in a flash of red and revealing Kishk's Pidgey, her beautiful wings beating slowly and keeping her off-ground. Make me proud, Pidgey..., Kishk thought, still looking at the Aerodactyl.

---------------Lanette------------------

Lanette turned to Aerodactyl.

"Will you help me, please?"

The hulking fossil merely stared her down, indifferent to the situation. She wasn't Vincent, after all; who was she to command him?

"Oh, you make me so sick, you stupid bird! Get up!"

-------Vincent-------

Vincent started tutting.

"Same reason I'm here," he replied under his breath, so Reeves couldn't hear him. He finally turned to face Daniel. "Why don't we fix that? I have some spare time. Let's battle."

Then, putting two fingers in his mouth, Vincent whistled as loudly as he could. The chime reverberated off of the cavern walls, amplifying the sound to a degree.

-------Lanette-------

Suddenly, in the middle of Lanette's tirade, Aerodactyl stood up and took flight, flying in the direction of the Aqua base much further up the river.

"Wha-....?" Lanette turned to face her opponent. "You know what? Whatever."

She unclipped a pokeball off of her belt and hurled it skyward, where it exploded into a jet of white light that reformed as a Ponyta. Lanette loved her Ponyta; what girl wouldn't love one? It had been her first pokemon she ever caught.

"Alright, Ponyta, let's have a go at this. You ready?"

It whinnied with delight.

------------------Kishk--------------------

"Well, that pretty much ruins the plan I had in mind." Kishk said aloud, frowning at the Ponyta. "I really wanted to battle that Aerodactyl, to be honest. He seemed like a good match... Ah well. Let's get on with this."

Kishk called his Pidgey to his shoulder and quietly gave it instructions. Hopefully this plan would work at least for the beginning of the battle... Or not. He'd have to find out one way or another. Turning his back on the Pokemon and the young lady, Kishk walked over to his jacket and put it back on.

"You know what to do, Pidgey." he said, sprinting past the Pokemon and into the cave, his hand already pulling Totodile's Pokeball off his belt. Before he was absorbed by darkness, he saw Pidgey flying upwards and darting back down in zig-zags, commencing a furious barrage of Quick Attacks.

Good luck. I'll see you soon...

-------Vincent-------

A few awkward seconds passed before a small chip of rock fell from the roof of the cavern and splashed into the pool. The ripples moved across the otherwise undisturbed water with an overwhelming sense of foreboding. Vincent looked up; it was apparent where the chip had fallen from, made obvious by the jet of light now piercing the now much more well lit cavern.

"Thought so," he muttered. He had calculated the bright sun outside was the cause of the wonderful natural light within the cavern because the top layer of stone was not stone, but was in fact a reflecting crystal of some kind. Thick enough to block out the sky, but not the sun's light; thin and easily broken. Soon thereafter, Aerodactyl shot through the crystal roof, sending shards of the paper-thin crystal all over the room. Vincent had to shield his face for a moment before he introduced Daniel to his pokemon.

"Reeves, this is my Aerodactyl. Say hi, Areodactyl."

It roared with a thunderous bellow, which didn't echo because the roof was now gone and the sound no longer trapped. The hulking fossil took up surprisingly little space in the voluminous rock bowl.

---------------Lanette-----------------

Lanette wanted to stop the boy, confused as she was to his sudden approach, but was unable to catch him in time. He'd left his Pidgey behind to battle Ponyta, which annoyed her greatly.

"Ponyta, use Ember!"

The horse charged forward, the flames around it waving in the breeze, and sprayed a volley of fire at the bid behind it.

--------------Kishk------------------

Kishk walked through the winding tunnels, his hand always on the cavern wall to his right. This would keep him from getting lost should he have to go back and help Pidgey out beforehand. Pidgey knew what to do in an emergency, but he didn't really want to have to see it.

Alright, time to set things up., thought Kishk, releasing Totodile from his Pokeball. If that lady has any brains, she'll know it's a trap... I can't believe I'm actually counting on someone's stupidity for my plan to work...

His hand still on the wall to the right, Kishk took out a flashlight he had always kept in his backpack, but never remembered about.

If this cave wasn't so damn dark, I would've never remembered about these things. I really need to organize my backpack a little better...

Digging a little deeper, he found what he really needed: nails and a few hundred meters worth of transparent nylon string.

Throwing the flashlight to Totodile (who turned it on and kept it aimed at the floor where Kishk was going to set his trap), Kishk started getting to work. With a sharp-looking rock he had found on the floor, he made a few preliminary holes where the nails would soon be, firmly placed.

---------------Pidgey-----------------

Oops. I think I need to be more careful around this Ponyta. That Ember could've hurt quite a lot!, thought Pidgey as she just barely avoided the flames by diving low to the ground. This caused her to lose her balance, though. Before she had time to flee again, the Ponyta came around for another charge.

I won't be able to dodge this one... I guess I'll use Quick Attack head-on and cause as much damage to him as possible.

Flapping her wings in two short, yet powerful, bursts, the Pidgey stabilized and turned to face the Ponyta. Her mind set, she darted directly at the Ponyta. The flames burned and stung, but she kept going and hit the horse Pokemon in the snout. Before it could attack her again, she took refuge in the overhang above the cave entrance.

Well, that hurt. She winced, stretching her wings slightly.

This post has been edited by Vincent Lance: Sep 20 2010, 08:29 PM

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

BlackStarLine
post Sep 18 2010, 01:48 PM
Post #30

Elite Four
Group Icon

Uprising Team

"Aerodactyl huh? He looks pretty good for a million year old pokemon." Daniel commented. He was suitably impressed by Vincents latest capture. He could tell it was rather strong.

"Well then, considering i've just met your newest pokemon I do believe I should return the favour." Daniel said. He unclipped a pokeball from the bottom of his ball belt that was slung over his chest and threw it in the air.

The pokeball erupted in a flash of white light and a Buizel materialised in the water in front of the trainers.

"Meet Jet. He's a relatively new capture so this will be his first battle." Daniel said.

--------------------

+Quote Post

ShinyTyphlosion
post Sep 24 2010, 11:25 AM
Post #31

Look! A delish sparkle!
Group Icon

After going black and not being able to see a thing, everything quickly went white. Paul coughed of a lot of water before noticing the white was the sun. He continued to cough for the next five minutes or so his body trying to get all the water out of his lungs. It was a while before he started seeing again, mostly because he was staring at the sun for the first few minutes which caused the white.

"Lets never do that again..." Paul mumbled to himself as he sat up on the grass after his coughing started to slow down. "How'd I live any-" He stopped mid sentence noticing he didn't manage to save Cyndaquil. "Oh darn!" Paul quickly got up and looked around for Cyndaquil noticing a small Ralts looking up at him. It was the same one he brought to Nurse Joy a few days ago.

Paul looked at the small white and green Pokemon staring intently up at him. "Did you save me?" Paul asked it. It slowly nodded. "Well thanks, but why?" He asked forgetting that Pokemon can't talk. It just stared at him. "Is it because I helped you before?" It nodded again. "Thanks." Paul smiled at the Pokemon. I guess helping helps more than just the one you're helping. Paul thought to himself. "Sorry, but I can't stay around, I have to go find Cyndaquil." He started to walk off not having the slightest idea where he is.

After walking for about two minutes, he remembered he had Eevee. Eevee's have pretty good noses, right? He thought to himself as he reached into his pocket for Eevee's Pokeball. Stupid deep pockets, where is it... It was a few seconds before he noticed his pocket was empty. "Just my luck!" He said aloud. "I lost two of my Pokemon!" Paul opened another velcro pocket and took out Mareep's Pokeball. He kept all his Pokeballs in different Pockets so he can tell them apart. "At least I didn't lose you..." He held it close remembering what his parents were put through for getting him the Pokemon before putting it back in his pocket.

He turned around hoping that Eevee's Pokeball fell out when he was laying down on the grass coughing. It was then he noticed the Ralts that had saved him was following him. "Huh? Why are you following me?" he looked at the Pokemon who was staring up at him as intently as before. "Do you know where Cyndaquil or Eevee are?" The Pokemon shook it's head. "Did you want to help me find them?" It shook it's head again. Paul thought for a minute not knowing why it was following him. "Alright, tag along I guess..." Paul said as he started to walk back towards where he got up.

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
Shiniez! (click to show)

+Quote Post

Fei Fei
post Sep 24 2010, 01:08 PM
Post #32

Is totally a chick.
Group Icon

Oscar looked at the pokegear curiously, craning his neck to see what Jan was doing on the little hi-tech device. Why hadn't he thought of checking his own pokegear? He didn't know where they were going, that's why. He couldn't have used the GPS on it if he didn't have a destination to put in. He watched intently as she pushed a few buttons, and a map appeared on the screen, complete with blipping red light, indicating where the sight of their mission was located... Hm. Her pokegear was nice. Well worn, maybe, but a good model. The newest model that he had, while shiny and brag-worthy, didn't have quite the same memory space, and the smaller size made it almost too hard to use, when the model Jan had was a little bigger, but still the perfect size for carrying around. Oscar found himself frowning as she busied herself with the device. He wanted one like that. Her's was better than his, and he wanted it. Maybe he could buy a new one off the internet. Old model, but not used, of course. Never used. Oscar didn't buy used things. He physically shuddered at the thought.

Diamond looked up at her master, her whiskers crooking upward in curiosity. Her master looked as if he'd just thought of something particularly unpleasant, like the time where a fellow grunt had asked him to cover his shift for night cleaning duty, because he had a date. Oscar had balked, and instead offered the grunt a million dollars, and said he would go to the date in his stead. Diamond often found amusement in remembering how Oscar ended up dating that particular human woman, and the fellow grunt in question had gotten fired for slacking off on the job. It always made the Meowth proud that she had such a rich and clever master.

Both pokemon and trainer were lost in their own private thoughts when Jan's voice shocked them out of it. Diamond blinked, startled at the sudden intrusion into her happy memory, and Oscar actually yelped, and then refocused his confused eyes on Jan from looking out into space blankly.

"Ah, did you say something?" He said, managing to sound perfectly suave, even after his less-than-masculine yelp. A moment later, though, his brain caught up with him, and he nodded. "Oh, yes. The destination. Yes, well, Jan, please lead the way." He put a hand out to signal, like a gentleman, that she should go ahead, but she'd started walking before his gracious gesture. Oscar shared a look with Diamond, and the Meowth rolled her eyes, obviously thinking that Jan (and, more specifically, her upstart Torchic) had very little manners, while Oscar simply shrugged and followed.

For a little while, Oscar followed Jan, watching in acute fascination as she managed to walk unhindered, while never taking her eyes from the pokegear map. The silence annoyed him, as it usually did, and so he stuck his hands in his pockets, and tried to come up with reasons for why she could walk without looking where she was going. Psychic, maybe, or a trained ninja. Or maybe she had an extra set of eyes that Oscar couldn't see. That would be a strange thought. She'd have to have them implanted, of course, because people just weren't born with extra sets of eyes. That would require a good surgeon. He knew most of the good surgeons in this area. He'd never heard of them giving anyone extra eyes, though. Unless, of course, it happened before he moved here, or it was a big secret.

Diamond padded along next to Oscar, occasionally glancing up at her master as he looked lost in thought. If Oscar was mesmerized with how Jan could walk without looking, then Diamond thought it was even more fascinating how he could walk, without ever bumping into anything or going astray, while completely ensconced in his own thoughts. He often got like this, of course- when he was thinking of whatever crazy idea had gotten into his mind, whether serious or not, he didn't even notice the outside world. Club always assumed that Oscar just put himself on auto-pilot, but Diamond had a theory that his desire not to mess up his suit was so great that it kept him on path, like a magnetic force field. Tripping or bumping into someone would wrinkle the expensive jacket, or get dirt on his one-of-a-kind trousers, and so, he just didn't do either of them. Diamond was fairly sure that this was the case.

Not even Oscar's thoughts could keep him entertained forever, though, and after what seemed like forever of walking, he cleared his throat, and tugged a hand out of his pocket, raising a finger in questioning. "So, Jan, have you any idea when we're going to arrive at the quarry?" His hand found its way back to his pocket, and Diamond looked up and over at Jan as both awaited an answer.

This post has been edited by Fei Fei: Oct 11 2010, 07:13 PM

--------------------
PANE (click to show)

PANE:

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Sep 25 2010, 09:42 PM
Post #33

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

Vincent looked at Buizel curiously. His own Buizel, or moreover, his father's, was at the laboratory back home in Sinnoh. This one wasn't as lean, and perhaps a hair shorter, though it was hard to tell with this blasted sunlight enveloping the once drearily dark cavern. Vincent whipped some sunglasses out of his emergency kit -- he was inherently photosensitive -- before confronting Daniel.

"Right then. Aerodactyl, Supersonic."

Aerodactyl unleashed a horrendous screech that had a physical aspect, sending small spots of dust airborn and shaking the shattered crystal on the floor. The effect of the attack sent Buizel into a tizzy, holding its head in a futile attempt to block the sound. And with a spare minute, Vincent unclipped his radio and hit the button. The distance might be a bit too much, but at least there wasn't a cavern wall blocking his signal now.

:: Lanette? You alright? ::

--------------

"Ponyta, roast that sucker! C'mon!"

Ponyta was in a frenzy, launching fire attacks in between head-on tackles. As fast as it was, Pidgey had the aerial advantage that had allowed the situation to stay in its favor. Grounding it would be next to impossible without her other pokemon....

Then her radio chimed with :: Lanette? You alright? :: The transmission was a tad spotty.

:: Yeah, :: she replied quickly. :: This one kid came by, left his Pidgey behind. He's coming down to find you. Please be safe, Vincent. I love you. :: Had she just gone mushy in the middle of a fight? How bipolar.

"Oh, curses....Ponyta's getting nowhere...."

------------

:: Alright, thanks. ::

So, Reeves had backup coming. Or, perhaps not. A trap, maybe? Those glowsticks he'd laid out from before seemed rather irrelevant at this point.

"Sorry about that. Had to check on my woman." Oh, how good that felt to say.

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

nuttyjigs
post Oct 3 2010, 04:33 AM
Post #34

Someone insane
Group Icon

Inferno

The entire trek, Jan had her eyes glued on the map on her Pokegear. For some reason she had an amusing affinity to the gadget, toying with it when she was bored, and even when she wasn't. Like a drunkard's addiction to alcohol--For no particular reason. Maybe she had nothing better to do, or maybe she was avoiding thinking about her life and ending up emo. Or something. Well, it didn't matter. What mattered was the mission and the quarry.

The point is, Jan had her eyes glued to the screen when her partner suddenly questioned about their arrival at the scene. Oscar's timing could not have been more coincidental. "Mm. Just about now." The teenager swatted away the last of the branches to reveal...a quarry. Well, that wasn't the amusing part. It just so happened that outside the entrance, a battle was transpiring. One was a young woman, barking orders at a firey Ponyta launching flames at a Pidgey up in the sky. And it just so happened that Jan knew the other side--Kishk, the amusing boy battling Jan back at the Aqua research center.

"Well, isn't this interesting? A battle..." Jan pretended she didn't know him, but even she couldn't keep a smirk and a scoff from entering her system.

Ember shifted her weight in anticipation. She had unfinished business with that boy and his Poochyena, and she intended to nail the coffin. Unfortunately for the Torchic, the boy soon bailed, ditching his Pidgey to battle the Ponyta alone and venturing into the quarry. "Chic." She was pretty irritated by that boy. He just had this vibe that the little Pokemon disliked.

"He bailed it, did he?" At least, Jan was a little bit disappointed. It was interesting to watch Kishk go through his amusing mood swings, from fired up and furious to tired and bored. Well, they might have to go after him anyway. Their target was where he was headed. "Hmph. It doesn't matter. Is it your opinion to chase after the boy?" She turned to solicit a reply from Oscar.

This post has been edited by nuttyjigs: Oct 4 2010, 07:19 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kishk
post Oct 3 2010, 08:32 AM
Post #35

Taking over the world, starting with the pancakes.
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 157

Uprising RP Team

From her perch on the rocky overhang, Pidgey noticed something she hadn't noticed earlier: some minor movement in the vegetation a little way off from the quarry entrance.

That's weird... Perhaps those are Magmas on their way here?

Her thoughts were interrupted by another burst of flame from the Ponyta, which came dangerously close to her previously injured wings.

Oops. I guess it's time to go now. Kishk must've set things up by now.

She darted upwards, hoping to make the Ponyta look up after her and get temporarily stunned by the sun's glare. Whether it worked or not, she didn't know. After going high enough, she let herself stall in midair and fall slowly to the ground. Before she got too low, she spread her wings again and darted to her right, circling the overhang, and then went into the cave, taking the chance to mess up the young woman's hair on her way in.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Kishk looked up at his handiwork, appreciating how the lack of light didn't reveal the massive pool of water and the tangle of wires and string in front of it. It was admittedly a dirty tactic, but he didn't really want to lag behind when Reeves might be needing help. Besides, he wouldn't have to waste as many Pokemon in the battle.

A few seconds later, Kishk heard a rush of wings and knew that Pidgey was on her way there.

Just in time, too!

"Alright Totodile," he told the Pokemon behind him. "This is gonna be a fun battle for you..."

Turning off the flashlight and placing all the extra items he had brought out back into his backpack, Kishk hid behind a decently-sized rock so he wouldn't get trampled or crushed when the Ponyta came charging down the tunnel.

--------------------

Hunting for: Shinies on Pokemon: Sapphire Version.

Sprites (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

Fei Fei
post Oct 11 2010, 08:46 PM
Post #36

Is totally a chick.
Group Icon

Oscar looked towards Jan as she spoke in answer to his question. Except, it wasn't quite what he'd been expecting, and his head quickly swiveled back to facing front. And, as Jan drew the branch back, he peered around her and saw that there was, indeed, some sort of rocky clearing beyond the woods. How strange, then, that he'd never known about it, when it wasn't quite so far from home.

It felt pretty far, though, judging by the walk, he complained mentally. If there had been a rational portion of his mind, which there wasn't, he might have admitted that the walk wasn't actually that long. Of course, because there was very little logic to be found in his mind, he was quite content to believe that they had been walking forever, and that he was perfectly justified in never having come this far before. He also rationalized that, having just (relatively) moved to the town, he hadn't done much exploring. Unless it was in clothing stores. He'd done a lot of exploring in clothing stores. And furniture stores. And some po-

His attention was arrested from his thoughts as his mind finally caught up to his eyes. In the center of the quarry was a particularly feisty looking pidgey battling a ponyta (he could probably buy that one for Jan, if she was still interesting in killing him). But the most interesting thing he picked up on was the attractive woman at the center of the battle. Long red hair, nice, good height, young, but probably legal. In an instant his mind switched gears from his recent shopping excursions to getting near the red-head.

Diamond could practically hear the gears in Oscar's mind screeching, and she didn't need to look up at him to know that his gaze had zeroed in on one thing in particular with more accuracy than a pidgeot. She know, of course, because she had caught sight of the woman as well. It wasn't just Oscar's reaction that had her interested, though. In front of her, that torchic looked like it had had its feathers ruffled, and Diamond could only assume it had something to do with the battle up ahead. She didn't know what the reason was, but if it meant annoying the fire-bird more, Diamond was going to find out, so that she could hold it against her. Call her petty, but that's just how she rolled. She was okay with petty.

Oscar's planning was cut short when he heard Jan speak, and he was brought back to the present by her question. "Boy?" He asked, looking down at Diamond. He hadn't seen a boy, but then, he hadn't been looking at much aside from that hot trainer. Diamond curled her tail around her legs, shrugging her little cat shoulders to show that she didn't know one way or the other. On her end, she had been too busy wondering how to rile up the little birdie to notice if there was or had been a boy in the clearing or not.

"Well," he started slowly, glancing up from Diamond to look at Jan, "if there's a boy, why don't you run off and find him, while I keep guard out here?" And maybe possibly perhaps get her number, yes?

--------------------
PANE (click to show)

PANE:

+Quote Post

ShinyTyphlosion
post Oct 11 2010, 10:19 PM
Post #37

Look! A delish sparkle!
Group Icon

Paul walking back (or he thought he was) to where the Ralts brought him was just thinking about his favorite comic that he used to read in all the newspapers people used to throw away and all the stupidly funny things that were done in them.

"Where am I anyways?" he quietly asked himself after walking for a bit. "All this forest is starting to look the same..." He took out his PokeGear to look at the map only to see that the water had broken it. "Just great... I've got no idea where I am, I'm missing two of my Pokemon, and I'm starting to get hungry!" He threw the PokeGear out of rage, and quite far to before hearing the gentle thump of it hitting a tree. Paul sighed and sat down. "Now what?" he asked himself as he sat down to rest for a bit.

After resting and pitying himself for a while, he started walking again. Wait a minute! he thought to himself. Turning around to see the Ralts still following him he asked, "Can you show me where you brought me before?" Then he realized, How did it bring me there? Looking back at the Ralts he saw it jumping right at him grabbing him and in a bright flash, he noticed he was where the Ralts brought him before. "Not exactly what I meant..." Paul said falling over dazed from the teleport. Oh, that's how... It wasn't for a few seconds did he notice he landed on something. Quickly getting up hoping it was Eevee's Pokeball. "That defiantly isn't a Pokeball." He said staring face to face with an angry Electrike.

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
Shiniez! (click to show)

+Quote Post

nuttyjigs
post Oct 12 2010, 04:22 AM
Post #38

Someone insane
Group Icon

Inferno

"If there's a boy"? "Get her number"? It looked like Oscar was an easily distracted man. By many things, delirious thoughts of murder and appeasing women included. Jan's own internal instinct caused her eyes to roll themselves, not to mention maybe a crude smirk appear on her face. "Mm. Interesting theory, although I do have to wonder, however am I going to sneak into the quarry when the outside is thoroughly occupied by a woman engaged in battle with a Pidgey?" Sarcasm, half of it. Jan was admittedly good at sneaking, although the woman did look pretty alert. Maybe. Then again, Jan had never tried sneaking past this anonymous woman.

"Let's see here. What if we try sneaking, and if that fails, you go ahead and flirt. Or, we could go with your suggestion of me slipping into the tunnels all alone, while you go ahead...and flirt? Hmm?" Again, sarcasm, but for some reason, judging by her experience with him so far, Jan might have felt that Oscar would actually take the second option. No sarcasm. Which would leave her to actually slip into the tunnels and investigate whatever caused Kishk to ditch his Pokemon. She didn't exactly enjoy the idea of having to face the two-faced boy all over again. Burning determinedly, then suddenly going bored. Jan would have wondered what would happen if the battle actually went on. How many faces would the boy show then?

The answer to that, she didn't know. One thing, she did: Oscar sure had one face. The one he must have spent hours looking at in the mirror.

--------------------
+Quote Post

BlackStarLine
post Oct 13 2010, 11:49 AM
Post #39

Elite Four
Group Icon

Uprising Team

"Jet, go under water! Then launch a Water Pulse straight at Aerodactyl!" Daniel called.

Jet immediately dove under the water, feeling a lot calmer now that the screeching had stopped. He powered up a Water Pulse and slowly rose to just beneath the surface before letting loose. Daniel watched with a small smile as the water pulse shot out of the water behind Aerodactyl and headed straight at it.

"Follow it up with an Aqua Jet from the front!" Daniel called.

Jet soon shot out of the water in front of Aerodactyl covered, head to toe in a veil of water.

--------------------

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Oct 13 2010, 06:48 PM
Post #40

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

Vincent watched as Buizel dove underwater, where it launched a large ball of water at Aerodactyl. There wasn't much room for avoiding it, so the attack connected, causing a decent amount of stress to Vincent and an equal amount of pain to his pokemon.When Daniel issued his second command, however, he knew the next attack could be avoided.

"Aerodactyl, up! Fly up!"

The words rang true, and Aerodactyl went skyward. It left the collapsed cavern altogether, and was now free-flying around outside. It was far beyond reach of Aqua Jet now. Or, at least, Vincent hoped it was.

-----------

More than anything, Lanette was furious. Her hair was a mess, what with that infernal bird going by it at supersonic speeds. She was so mad, for a fleeting moment, she considered pursuing it out of rage. But, despite herself, she didn't move. For a few minutes, all Lanette could do was fume. In the midst of her indecision, she noticed a shining object over the ridge, where the forest began. Someone was there.

"Hey, you there!" she called. "What are you doing over there?"

Moving to the left, further inspection revealed to Lanette than the object that caught her eye was a Meowth's gem. There was a boy standing by it, dressed real nicely and standing with a certain composure.

"Oh, great....more company...."

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:47 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.