Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Green sprites vs. Japanese Blue (RB) sprites
Cerulyth
post Mar 21 2008, 10:31 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1 337

Active Squad

Wymsy against Chore Boy! Any other posts shall be deleted, and I will be the judge.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Commander Wymsy
post Mar 21 2008, 10:54 PM
Post #2

Megalomaniac out for world domination
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 3

Greatest Team Ever

I am taking the side of Green sprites.

First off, I would like to present some hideous sprites. But, where are these sprites from? They're from Japanese Blue (RB), of course. I'll only be posting a handful for now, though.

On the left you see a perfectly normal Koffing sprite, it is from Green. But.... what just happened with the Koffing from RB on the right? It's upside-down! Honestly, this has to be one of the worst RB sprites.

And here we have Golbat from Green. Although a bit squinty-eyed, it isn't bad for what could be the first sprite of it. But when they made Japanese Blue.... why did they put that tongue? I'm serious. I would not be surprised if this sprite has given some innocent kid a nightmare.

It's just like Koffing, Cloyster isn't right. It's facing the wrong way in the RB sprite, whilst the Green one is normal.

Look what they did to Porygon. You can't really see it's distinctive blocky body shape as well in the RB version. The base of it looks too bloated and the pose of the sprite itself is just odd.

Now, Blastoise is supposed to be a bit bulky-looking because of its shell and all, but just look at the RB sprite. That isn't bulky, that's just downright fat. It looks like it's morbidly obese. The pose is kind of awkward too, and its feet don't look like it can support its body very well.

--------------------
Overtaken by Net & Zodi on that track!
+Quote Post

Spamm
post Mar 21 2008, 11:08 PM
Post #3

Stupid Pointless Annoying Message Murderer
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 468

Active Squad

Alrighty, so here's Chazirad (that's what I like to call it). Left is green, right is blue. First, WTF is up with those eyes? I mean seriously, those things are fucked up. He's also not as smooth or as big looking as our blue charizard. Green's Charizard looks like an alien.

Vulpix next. Vulpix on the left (green) looks kinda...bland. Vulpix on the right (blue) is much easier on the eyes.

Finally, Dragonite. Green's Dragonite has a HUGE head. How can that body support it? Not to mention a long neck and stumpy arms. Actually, it looks more like a T-Rex with add ons than a real Dragonite. Blue's while not perfect is much closer to a normal Dragonite, and is smoother around the edges.

--------------------
Psio12: Pokemon are battle hardened soldiers that know no remorse.
+Quote Post

Commander Wymsy
post Mar 21 2008, 11:36 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Greatest Team Ever

QUOTE(Chore Boy @ Mar 21 2008, 09:08 PM) *

Alrighty, so here's Chazirad (that's what I like to call it). Left is green, right is blue. First, WTF is up with those eyes? I mean seriously, those things are fucked up. He's also not as smooth or as big looking as our blue charizard. Green's Charizard looks like an alien.

You wanna see weird eyes?

On the right is RB's Machoke sprite. While I'll admit the Green sprite isn't the epitome of great, at least it doesn't look like it's drunk like it does in the RB sprite. And the Green sprite actually fits the pose of the first Sugimori artwork of Machoke.

Vulpix next. Vulpix on the left (green) looks kinda...bland. Vulpix on the right (blue) is much easier on the eyes.

Bland?

Left is Green and right is RB. You only get a bird's eye view of Kabuto in the RB sprite, which is just about as bland as you can get. Kabuto doesn't look as good if you can't see all of its little claws and eyes.

Finally, Dragonite. Green's Dragonite has a HUGE head. How can that body support it? Not to mention a long neck and stumpy arms. Actually, it looks more like a T-Rex with add ons than a real Dragonite. Blue's while not perfect is much closer to a normal Dragonite, and is smoother around the edges.

You wanna see messed up heads and limbs? I'll give you some.

Left is Green and Right is RB. Persian's head (mainly the ears, which are too pointy) in RB is mucked up. It also looks like it has a hump on its back.

Also,
RB's Weezing sprite. Ew.

Left is Green and Right is RB. Now, I don't like Pikachu for several reasons. And one thing I don't like about it is how bizarre it looks in RB. The ears don't have their distinctive shape, they're more like odd bunny ears. Pikachu was fat at first, but it just looks too fat in RB. And the limbs look odd, especially the hands.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Spamm
post Mar 21 2008, 11:49 PM
Post #5

Stupid Pointless Annoying Message Murderer
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 468

Active Squad

Is Green's Omastar doing an entertaining little dance? No, it is not.

Is Green's Omanyte standing in a heroic pose? No, it is not.

Also, RB's Machoke isn't drunk. It's flexing and winking for the player.

Freakishly huge mouth vs. Normal mouth.

OHSHIT A LION! Oh, nvm, it's just a green vaporeon.

--------------------
Psio12: Pokemon are battle hardened soldiers that know no remorse.
+Quote Post

Commander Wymsy
post Mar 22 2008, 12:21 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Greatest Team Ever

QUOTE(Chore Boy @ Mar 21 2008, 09:49 PM) *

Is Green's Omanyte standing in a heroic pose? No, it is not.

Ha, no. Green's Omanyte is flexing its muscles. Better than looking heroic, that doesn't prove anything about power.

Freakishly huge mouth vs. Normal mouth.

Freakishly huge mouth? Hardly. If you wanna see freakishly huge anything, let's look at some more RB sprites.

Why is it that one egg is just insanely bigger than the rest?

Kingler has one large claw, and one small claw.

Right is RB and left is Green. In fact, the RB sprite is the only sprite of Kingler that shows it having claws of the same size.

Right is RB and left is Green. Somehow, Raichu got even fatter in RB. I'm surprised it gets around.

Right is RB and left is Green. RB's Haunter has long fingers, even longer than the Green's version.

OHSHIT A LION! Oh, nvm, it's just a green vaporeon.

The style hardly changed in RB. And the tail looks fat.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:16 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.