Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Soul Silver Battle Tower Team
Ice Charizard
post Dec 15 2010, 07:50 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 55 430

Don't argue with me.

This team may very well become my team for competitive battles, but as there's only two of them (for the time being), I'm putting them in the In-Game section.

I'm missing a third member of my team, and I'm open to suggestions. These Pokemon haven't been made yet, so feel free to make some changes to their movesets.

Articuno@Leftovers
-Roost (lv. 57)
-Subsitute ™ (Game Corner) (Crap I hate the Game Corner)
-Ice Beam (learned)
-Toxic (TM06)

The main idea is a Subroost, with Toxic slowly whittling away at everything besides those annoying Steel-types, and Ice Beam for extra coverage. I can always switch out to Dragonite or Tyranitar if a run into something along the lines of an Aggron.

Dragonite@Life Orb
-Fire Punch (lv. 1)
-Outrage (lv. 64)
-ExtremeSpeed (Dratini)
-Waterfall (HM)

Fire Punch to deal with annoying Ice types such as Froslass and Weavile, Outrage to OHKO or 2HKO tons of Pokes, ExtremeSpeed to deal with faster threats, and Waterfall for a lot of extra coverage. This was originally a Choice Band set, but since Choice Bands are a bit hard to come by when I'm focusing on EV training and Choice sets don't really work well in the Battle Tower anyways because you only have three Pokemon. Honestly, the only time I would use a Choice item would be on a Trick lead. I always like them.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature/ Ev's: 76 HP/ 252 ATK/180 SPD
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Taunt
-Dragon Dance

Tyranitar (thanks, The Rising Salamence) would be a nice physical sweeper to my team. Taunt, among other things, stops Double Teamers in their tracks, and I don't like being Paralyzed or Burned either. Stone Edge and EQ for nice coverage, and Dragon Dance to raise the already monstrous Attack.

With these three monsters, I can sweep the whole battle tower. However, this leaves me with a wide open weakness to walls. And, I'd like to fit a Trick Latias in their somewhere. I'd say I want a Trick Uxie to double as a sponge, but I'm friendless and have no Action Replay or Pokesav.

As a final note, if someone could give me some good EVs, I'd be eternally grateful. I'm too scared to do it myself.

This post has been edited by Ice Charizard: Dec 22 2010, 11:51 AM

--------------------
My Party-

Some people are like a slinky.
They really serve no purpose in life,
but they're fun to push down the stairs.

Awards (click to show)

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is a word and not just a blob of text.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

The Risin Salama...
post Dec 18 2010, 09:55 PM
Post #2

The Rational Dragon XD
Group Icon

From: America, all I'm saying so there are no chances I'll be hunted down.
Member No.: 37 020

The Salamance Group

I noticed that you put how the moves were learned..which were unnecessary.
But, Quagsire is UU by my standards....so go with TTar if you can.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature/ Ev's: 76 HP/ 252 ATK/180 SPD
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Taunt
-Dragon Dance
This is still very competetive, o go with this as a nice physical sweeper. This will also take care of steel types..although be careful when switching out since they can beat TTar and Articuno into pulps.

--------------------
The Ultimate pokemon! (click to show)

Aragornbird's pic.
MUST READ IF YOU SEE ME POST SOMETHING(kinda...) (click to show)

Salamence is AWESOME! salamence.gif
CLICK AWAY! I return the favor when I'm actually here, or I come back sometime in the day. You can trust me(on weekends that is.) Just beware of foggy weather, since I can't see what berries are. It sucks.
Battle info- IGN: Marcos
FC:1505 5342 7647
For all angry people, calm down, somehow. I don't care how. Do it so you don't make stupid or harsh, empty comments on this forum. monocle.gif CLICK THE POKEMON!!!!(do you have a choice? cackle.gif )

Extra stuff from another site... (click to show)
+Quote Post

Ice Charizard
post Dec 22 2010, 11:52 AM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 55 430

Don't argue with me.

I just put the move requirements up there for my own personal reference.

And thanks. I'll probably use that.

--------------------
My Party-

Some people are like a slinky.
They really serve no purpose in life,
but they're fun to push down the stairs.

Awards (click to show)

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is a word and not just a blob of text.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th June 2024 - 06:12 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.