Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you consider Shaymin as Legendary?, Well?
Blackjack Gabbia...
post Oct 10 2009, 02:53 PM
Post #21

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 43 266

Active Squad

I've never understood why people think that legendaries have to be unique. The only legendary we know for a fact is unique is Mewtwo.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

The Creationist
post Oct 10 2009, 09:12 PM
Post #22

-- mortal god . ☆
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 148

i n d i g o

QUOTE(Pancackes @ Jun 19 2009, 11:43 AM) *
I personally think Shaymin should not be considered as Legendary.

1. There are more than one.

There are many notions that there are more than one of many legendaries, not just Shaymin.

---

QUOTE("Information from Bulbapedia")
Articuno ; In addition to the one in the Orange Islands, a second one was seen in the Johto region in the episode Freeze Frame. A third one was seen in the Kanto region, with Noland in Numero Uno Articuno and The Symbol Life.

Zapdos ; In addition to the one in the Orange Islands, a second one was seen in the Johto region in the episode As Clear As Crystal, and a third was seen in the credits of Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the sea, flying Jack Walker after he captured it with his Capture Styler. A fourth one that was spotted by Team Rocket in Sinnoh in Doc Brock!

Mew ; The bubbly Mew was first seen in the first movie, and later in the special Mewtwo Returns. Another is seen in the eighth movie.

Entei ; It's said an Entei is born every time a volcano erupts, so that definitely hints more than one.

Suicune ; Ash encountered one at the beginning of the Johto story arc, in Don't Touch That 'Dile, again in For Ho-Oh the Bells Toll, and made a vital appearance in the fourth movie. Ash also encountered a Suicune in Sinnoh, near the Valley Windworks in Drifloon On the Wind!

Lugia ; One was seen in the second movie. Two more, a parent and a child, were seen near Silver Rock Isle at the beginning of the Whirl Cup arc of the anime.

Celebi ; Supposedly there is a Celebi for every time frame, as shown in the fourth movie.. now that's a lot of Celebi.

The Regis ; They are shown wild in the Lucario and Mew movie, and then shown again owned by the Pyramid King Brandon. Considering the distance between the two sightings, there is no way those same Regis from the Lucario movie are the same ones Brandon owns.

The Latis ; There are two in the fifth movie and it's stated previously there was another Latios, whom was the aforementioned duo's father. After the main Latios dies, three other Latis are shown in the sky as Ash and his friends are drifting away from Altomare on a boat while the credits roll.

Deoxys ; Two different Deoxys were featured in the seventh movie, while a third was featured in Pokémon Ranger - Deoxys Crisis!

Phione ; Phione is a legendary only obtained by breeding, and since breeding is the method, it's obvious more than one can be obtained. For further proof, in Hold that Phione there are about 3 shown.

---

Sure, quantity is what makes a legendary extra special, as they are rarer than most Pokemon.
But no where does it say there is only one of each legendary.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Discarded
post Oct 10 2009, 09:23 PM
Post #23

Discarded...
Group Icon

Member No.: 65 175

Discarded...

if Shaymin is legendary, then Shaymin is legendary. period. why make a discussion? the creators of Shaymin wanted to make Shaymin legendary, so, hes legendary! thats it! theres really no point in debating about it. the fact that theres more than one could be a reason why it shouldnt be legendary, but, i guess thats just how the way it is. :/

This post has been edited by Discarded: Oct 10 2009, 09:23 PM

--------------------
OBJECTION! | "2nd Place In "Apollo Justice Dress Up" Contest

~ My Banner Changes Every Time The Page Refreshes, So, Credit & Thanks To... ~
Vladimir Putin

~ Dressed In Grey To Express His Way ~
~ My Avatar Changes Every Time The Page Refreshes, So, Credit & Thanks To... ~
Phoenix Wright (2) | MattyWilliams | Kazz | Night Spectre | Dobiba | JSchweigert
~ Special Thanks To Phoenix Wright For The Epic Objecting Shedinja ~

+Quote Post

MoogleSam
post Oct 19 2009, 06:50 AM
Post #24

A Defensive, Protective, Fair, Happy and Playful Lion~
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 034

Roster in Diamond

I consider it a legendary, I actually consider it the main cute Pokemon of Sinnoh. Since it is the one that you need an event to get it just like Mew, Celebi and Jirachi. While you need a completely different game to get Manaphy. It is the only one out of the four Mew, Celebi, Jirachi and Shaymin that is NOT a psychic type. They went crazy with psychic legendaries, Shaymin is one that breaks that cycle. Shaymin is a wonderful legendary for doing that. <3

--------------------
If any of my old friends want to contact me, please email me!
+Quote Post

The Creationist
post Oct 19 2009, 09:12 AM
Post #25

-- mortal god . ☆
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 148

i n d i g o

QUOTE(MoogleSam @ Oct 19 2009, 05:50 AM) *
I consider it a legendary, I actually consider it the main cute Pokemon of Sinnoh. Since it is the one that you need an event to get it just like Mew, Celebi and Jirachi. While you need a completely different game to get Manaphy. It is the only one out of the four Mew, Celebi, Jirachi and Shaymin that is NOT a psychic type. They went crazy with psychic legendaries, Shaymin is one that breaks that cycle. Shaymin is a wonderful legendary for doing that. <3

Shaymin didn't break the cycle. XD
Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf are all psychic types and they count in the small legendary group.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kiki
post Nov 16 2009, 05:41 AM
Post #26

where is my mind?
Group Icon

Member No.: 46 824

The Pack

It is legendary, because the makers of Pokemon said so. noes.gif End.

I kind of actually wish it wasn't so I could put one on my team without feeling bothered by having two legendaries. ^^;;

--------------------
derp
+Quote Post

Carefactorzero
post Nov 16 2009, 05:46 AM
Post #27

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 19 837

Active Squad

Let's put it this way: Poison a Gracadia flower bush, then bring along a Shaymin and a Meganium.

Who will bring the bush back to life?

If you guessed the latter, you know my answer.
+Quote Post

Pizza Guy111
post Nov 16 2009, 06:11 AM
Post #28

Humble Soldier
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 41 986

The Brigade

Shaymin's a legendary. Why wouldn't it be?

I never thought anyone disagreed with this.

I thought a more controversial topic was whether Rotom is legendary or not.

--------------------
Stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

RoboFloatzel
post Nov 16 2009, 07:18 AM
Post #29

Jacen the Robot Floatzel
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 066

Robot Pokemon

My pokesona is a Shaymin, a MALE Shaymin, I always pictured the legends with genders, such as Suicune being potrayed as female

QUOTE(Arceus thrasher @ Nov 16 2009, 05:46 AM) *
Let's put it this way: Poison a Gracadia flower bush, then bring along a Shaymin and a Meganium.

Who will bring the bush back to life?

If you guessed the latter, you know my answer.

Seriously, Meganiums Pokedex data proves that Maganiums breath can revive dead plants, the Pokedex never lies

--------------------

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!

My icon was made by MelNathea on DeviantART
My DeviantART account

Water types are weak against Fire types if they use Thunder as armor. Flareon can use dive and aim for the horn. Then finish it off with False Swipe although it may faint if it uses Endure...but thats just because everyone knows Arbok evolves into Seviper
+Quote Post

Rchicken31
post Nov 16 2009, 07:21 AM
Post #30

Therapy free for the past 4 months.
Group Icon

Member No.: 66 225

So what now???

QUOTE(m e s p r i t @ Oct 10 2009, 09:12 PM) *
QUOTE(Pancackes @ Jun 19 2009, 11:43 AM) *
I personally think Shaymin should not be considered as Legendary.

1. There are more than one.

There are many notions that there are more than one of many legendaries, not just Shaymin.

---

QUOTE("Information from Bulbapedia")
Articuno ; In addition to the one in the Orange Islands, a second one was seen in the Johto region in the episode Freeze Frame. A third one was seen in the Kanto region, with Noland in Numero Uno Articuno and The Symbol Life.

Zapdos ; In addition to the one in the Orange Islands, a second one was seen in the Johto region in the episode As Clear As Crystal, and a third was seen in the credits of Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the sea, flying Jack Walker after he captured it with his Capture Styler. A fourth one that was spotted by Team Rocket in Sinnoh in Doc Brock!

Mew ; The bubbly Mew was first seen in the first movie, and later in the special Mewtwo Returns. Another is seen in the eighth movie.

Entei ; It's said an Entei is born every time a volcano erupts, so that definitely hints more than one.

Suicune ; Ash encountered one at the beginning of the Johto story arc, in Don't Touch That 'Dile, again in For Ho-Oh the Bells Toll, and made a vital appearance in the fourth movie. Ash also encountered a Suicune in Sinnoh, near the Valley Windworks in Drifloon On the Wind!

Lugia ; One was seen in the second movie. Two more, a parent and a child, were seen near Silver Rock Isle at the beginning of the Whirl Cup arc of the anime.

Celebi ; Supposedly there is a Celebi for every time frame, as shown in the fourth movie.. now that's a lot of Celebi.

The Regis ; They are shown wild in the Lucario and Mew movie, and then shown again owned by the Pyramid King Brandon. Considering the distance between the two sightings, there is no way those same Regis from the Lucario movie are the same ones Brandon owns.

The Latis ; There are two in the fifth movie and it's stated previously there was another Latios, whom was the aforementioned duo's father. After the main Latios dies, three other Latis are shown in the sky as Ash and his friends are drifting away from Altomare on a boat while the credits roll.

Deoxys ; Two different Deoxys were featured in the seventh movie, while a third was featured in Pokémon Ranger - Deoxys Crisis!

Phione ; Phione is a legendary only obtained by breeding, and since breeding is the method, it's obvious more than one can be obtained. For further proof, in Hold that Phione there are about 3 shown.

---

Sure, quantity is what makes a legendary extra special, as they are rarer than most Pokemon.
But no where does it say there is only one of each legendary.

You make a good point but i don't think there is more then one mew

--------------------
Thanks to Ginotoki Sakata For this banner!

My party! (click to show)

Angels and Demons (click to show)

Credits! (click to show)
+Quote Post

Chu Chu
post Jan 3 2010, 01:30 PM
Post #31

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 76 449

Active Squad

QUOTE(Usagi Zakura @ Jun 19 2009, 01:08 PM) *
Just because its rare doesn't make it a legendary. Mew is stuff of legends, and the origin of all pokčmon (at least it WAS before Arceus came along) and capable of using every move there is.
Shaymin is a hedgehog that plants flowers, and in the anime it seemed quite well-known and easy to find (that random guy on the train had seen them before.) A legendary pokčmon shouldn't be something any tourist can find if they go looking in a gracidea-field. It seemed more like just a rare pokčmon...who for some reason talked through telepathy (somehow I think any non-psychic pokčmon communicating with that is a bit odd)
well the shaymin migrate from there every year so of course theyd have seen them.

QUOTE(pokemonrulez435 @ Jun 19 2009, 01:40 PM) *
If there only being one of a pokemon makes not legendary, then that would eliminate many proven-to-be-legendary pokemon, like Deoxys, Lugia, and Dragonite.

uh dragonite's not legendary.
+Quote Post

Netbug009
post Feb 4 2010, 03:19 AM
Post #32

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 555

Favorite Pokemon:

Pokemon has hinted that there are several of a few legendary Pokemon. Manaphy are multiple as well if the amount of Phione in existence says anything about it. There have been shown to be multiple Darkrais in the anime, seeing how the episode centering on one referenced movie 10 but clearly separated the two. Whether there are multiple Cresslias can be debated. Same goes to Celebi.

--------------------

I return clicks no matter how many you give me! grin.gif

Jesus is LORD!
+Quote Post

The Letter W
post Feb 6 2010, 06:14 AM
Post #33

Smo-o-o-oth
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 571

Six Survivors

I always thought of the legendaries as being rarely seen, hence LEGENDary. I was always told the definition of legend was that you didn't know if it was real or not.
I don't consider it a legendary.

--------------------
Hella.

Click the dancing Maxwell to visit my art thread.

+Quote Post

Mr G
post Feb 7 2010, 05:29 PM
Post #34

guy standing in middle of traffic
Group Icon

Member No.: 67 473

Dream Party

No I don't consider shaymin.gif a legendary.

--------------------
Life tip:listen to Monster by Skillet.

Click please.

Made byAllegro
+Quote Post

FancyGranola
post Feb 7 2010, 05:49 PM
Post #35

Elite Double Battler
Group Icon

Member No.: 80 673

Life

I consider Shaymin a legendary Pokemon.

It's pretty obvious that Shaymin is a lengendary Pokemon because of its high stats and its unability to evolve. I think there was a pretty big hint in one of the Pokemon games where Professor Rowan said that evolution is a way to become "compete". Shaymin doesn't evolve. Shaymin also boasts a high base stat total of 600. That total is tied with many legendaries and pseudo-legendaries. Shaymin also has god-like powers that can transform any polluted field into a lush paradise full of flowers. It can also sense gratitude and communicate with telepathy.

--------------------

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

arceus58
post Feb 8 2010, 04:45 PM
Post #36

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 73 263

My cheeseburger party

Yes I do consider shaymin.gif as a legandary.

--------------------
+Quote Post

tepoen98
post Feb 8 2010, 04:46 PM
Post #37

Salamence will kill you.
Group Icon

Member No.: 58 541

The universe is mine

Why wouldn't it be legendary? It is just like every other legendary pokemon.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Radoka Kaname
post Feb 8 2010, 05:18 PM
Post #38

where doing it man where MAKING THIS HAPEN
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 388

Portal

Well, some legends like latias and latios there is more than one. :confused:There is more than one Celibi too.
there's only one celebi in the normal universe in pokemon (in the pokemon only universe from PMD games theres 2) it just exists in all time periods, because it time travels

i'd like to add to this, a fourth deoxys is on that episode where pikachu and piplup are stuck on an island. also XD001 is another lugia, and on XD theres both lati's, 2 of each 1st gen legendary birds, extra regi's and one of each legendary dog, and on collosseum theres shadow legendary dogs, also on hg/ss arceus will create you a second dialga palkia or giratina, or the fact that there 2 arcei because 1 live in the hall of origin and one live in that place in the movie
If there only being one of a pokemon makes not legendary, then that would eliminate many proven-to-be-legendary pokemon, like Deoxys, Lugia, and Dragonite.
mostly true, but dragonite isn't a legendary
so i consider shaymin.gif a legendary

--------------------
stuff (click to show)

"This guy has the best advice ever: don't be a homicidal maniac, and remember to eat."
--Marik Ishtar

I am not Roxy Lalonde, I'm Roxy Lalonde (with 2 spaces)
+Quote Post

Chu Chu
post Feb 21 2010, 11:16 PM
Post #39

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 76 449

Active Squad

QUOTE(Unholy Shadow @ Feb 6 2010, 06:14 AM) *
I always thought of the legendaries as being rarely seen, hence LEGENDary. I was always told the definition of legend was that you didn't know if it was real or not.
I don't consider it a legendary.

it doesnt have to be rarely seen to be legendary. they have to go join up at that flower garden to migrate because thats what theyre supposed to do. people know about this event so of course theyd want to go and see them. theyre not gonna cancel the migration cuz of ppl -_-2.gif
+Quote Post

supervulpix
post Feb 27 2010, 10:16 AM
Post #40

Vulpix Master
Group Icon

Member No.: 25 699

HAPPINESS

No. Same for heatran, giratina, and arceus.

--------------------

Awards (click to show)
Other Adoptables (click to show)
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:58 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.