Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Secret Santa Exchange
Tyranisaur
post Dec 26 2016, 05:00 PM
Post #41

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

QUOTE(Luneon @ Dec 26 2016, 10:28 PM) *
QUOTE(Zerxer @ Dec 26 2016, 10:01 PM) *
It is a header event Legendary, just like Manaphy, rather than a much harder to get Legendary. In the past, Manaphy counted as Summonable, but since it turns back into Phione, we always had problems with it, so I disallowed them this year. Hoopa wound up taking its place, in a way. I should have clarified in the original post, although some users did suggest it might happen in the event thread.

What causes Manaphies turn into Phione, if I may ask? oh.gif

I can safely say that it's because Manaphy breeds Phione.

For most pokemon, they are supposed to turn back to the same egg they breed. In a much simpler world, all pokemon have their own egg forms. However, this is not the case for pokemon that evolve. All pokemon in the same evolution line will refer back to the same egg form. There are visible traces on the site that the data for separate egg entries are there. If you go to the poke counts tab of the stats page, and sort the list by breeders, then at the bottom you will find a lot of eggs with 0 breeders. The interesting thing is the rankings, because the rankings jump to arbitrary high values for these eggs. The reason for this is that all pokemon that don't have their own egg form are in this same data structure, they are hidden, but they are still there with their own ranks.

Furthermore, there has been a bug which creates eggs that are not supposed to exist. For whatever reason the site would forget that those eggs are not supposed to get created. This bug is also likely the reason why Black/White Kyurem are excluded from the exchange. Because they were included with this bug. These forms should really just turn back into normal Kyurem eggs. I think their exclusion was just a preemptive measure to not create this problem again.

Manaphy is a bit of an odd case, because it has its own legitimate egg, but breeds as something else. There are actually more cases like this. They are the corrupted breedable novelties; Zobidofo and Feral Zergoose. There breed like their normal novelty forms, but they have legitimate separate dex entries. However, they are novelties regardless, so a person who enters a Feral Zergoose would still receive a novelty in return, even when the egg turns into a regular Zergoose eggs. Whether that is what would actually happen is purely my speculation.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Rocketeer
post Dec 26 2016, 05:14 PM
Post #42

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 130 792

FireRed team

So... Is there anything that can be done about receiving the same Pokémon that I put up for exchange? (Palkia for Palkia.) My exchange feels really worthless and I figure the person on the other end of this is also rather bummed.
+Quote Post

DraconicDM
post Dec 26 2016, 05:47 PM
Post #43

Lab Hunter
Group Icon

Member No.: 244 427

Active Squad

QUOTE(Tyranisaur @ Dec 26 2016, 11:00 PM) *
Manaphy is a bit of an odd case, because it has its own legitimate egg, but breeds as something else. There are actually more cases like this. They are the corrupted breedable novelties; Zobidofo and Feral Zergoose. There breed like their normal novelty forms, but they have legitimate separate dex entries. However, they are novelties regardless, so a person who enters a Feral Zergoose would still receive a novelty in return, even when the egg turns into a regular Zergoose eggs. Whether that is what would actually happen is purely my speculation.

I think that Manaphy's situation is a bit more complex and unique.
My guess is that novelties have a few extra checks, to make sure they are reverted to the correct eggs. After all, as far as I know, Chocolate Miltank, and Pinkan Rhyhorn were counted in the novelty category. But these are just guesses. I have no idea exactly how it worked.
ed.: ups, Pinkan Rhyhorn does not breed (maybe the same for chocolate miltank, but I don't have dex info). So... I don't know... But I think Manaphy's situation is because it's the only non-novelty that doesn't breed itself.

QUOTE(Rocketeer @ Dec 26 2016, 11:14 PM) *
So... Is there anything that can be done about receiving the same Pokémon that I put up for exchange? (Palkia for Palkia.) My exchange feels really worthless and I figure the person on the other end of this is also rather bummed.

The other person most likely did not receive your Palkia. The exchange did not work by creating pairs, and switching their pokémon. You get a pokémon from someone, and (most likely) someone else gets yours.

This post has been edited by DraconicDM: Dec 26 2016, 05:54 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Chewsky
post Dec 26 2016, 06:14 PM
Post #44

Escaping the real world ;)
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 733

Active Squad

Gave away my shiny Zangoose and got a shiny Torchic in return, very happy grin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Breech Loader
post Dec 26 2016, 08:31 PM
Post #45

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 228 368

Active Squad

I haven't gotten one single successful Driedel spin today, so I think you can assume that I'm more than slightly irritated. Way to make hatching eggs 100% pointless. Yesterday was bad too.

It doesn't matter how many eggs you have (No, YOU shut up) if every spin of the Dreidel loses you all of them. And yes, I have been hatching 100% G1 eggs so you can stop acting like I'm some retard who can't identify my eggs. I wish that Dreidel was a person so I could smack it in the face. And stamp on its Pokeballs.

What, you don't like that, Dreidel? Poor Dreidel. Poor, snivelling, weak, pathetic little Dreidel. Well maybe I'll just... KICK YOU TO DEATH WITH STEEL-CAPPED BOOTS THEN!

STOP! FRIKKIN! CRYING! YOU! WORTHLESS! PIECE! OF!

(And then she remained pretty angry because random spins that require zero skill but don't actually LOOK that random are one of the other things that grinds her gears).

This post has been edited by Breech Loader: Dec 26 2016, 08:34 PM
+Quote Post

Enenica
post Dec 26 2016, 08:58 PM
Post #46

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 246 814

Active Squad

QUOTE(Breech Loader @ Dec 26 2016, 06:31 PM) *
I haven't gotten one single successful Driedel spin today, so I think you can assume that I'm more than slightly irritated. Way to make hatching eggs 100% pointless. Yesterday was bad too.

It doesn't matter how many eggs you have (No, YOU shut up) if every spin of the Dreidel loses you all of them. And yes, I have been hatching 100% G1 eggs so you can stop acting like I'm some retard who can't identify my eggs. I wish that Dreidel was a person so I could smack it in the face. And stamp on its Pokeballs.

What, you don't like that, Dreidel? Poor Dreidel. Poor, snivelling, weak, pathetic little Dreidel. Well maybe I'll just... KICK YOU TO DEATH WITH STEEL-CAPPED BOOTS THEN!

STOP! FRIKKIN! CRYING! YOU! WORTHLESS! PIECE! OF!

(And then she remained pretty angry because random spins that require zero skill but don't actually LOOK that random are one of the other things that grinds her gears).

*Hugs* Here's a bit of luck for you. I hope you got something in the Secret Santa though.

(On topic now:) I got a new legendary from the exchange! I put up a Groudon, and got a Kyogre!
I wonder what would have happened with a ditto? Would the person receiving it get a Ditto egg? Would the person giving, get one in return?

Well, speculation aside, This was an awesome idea, and thank you to the admins who thought of it!!

--------------------

+Quote Post

DraconicDM
post Dec 26 2016, 09:07 PM
Post #47

Lab Hunter
Group Icon

Member No.: 244 427

Active Squad

QUOTE(Enenica @ Dec 27 2016, 02:58 AM) *
(On topic now:) I got a new legendary from the exchange! I put up a Groudon, and got a Kyogre!
I wonder what would have happened with a ditto? Would the person receiving it get a Ditto egg? Would the person giving, get one in return?

Well, speculation aside, This was an awesome idea, and thank you to the admins who thought of it!!

Ditto is a common, so that person would have received a Weedle egg or something similar for his Ditto. Same for those who submitted an Unown. They would have received an uncommon pokémon in return.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Nasra
post Dec 26 2016, 09:25 PM
Post #48

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 087

Team Shiny

Gave a Shiny Dracowymsy and got Jen's Shiny Roggenmorpha!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Enenica
post Dec 26 2016, 10:23 PM
Post #49

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 246 814

Active Squad

QUOTE(DraconicDM @ Dec 26 2016, 07:07 PM) *
Ditto is a common, so that person would have received a Weedle egg or something similar for his Ditto. Same for those who submitted an Unown. They would have received an uncommon pokémon in return.

Oh cool, thanks!

Oh, another question, do things like the Secret Santa happen every year?

--------------------

+Quote Post

pumpkinking0192
post Dec 27 2016, 01:03 AM
Post #50

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 141

Active Squad

QUOTE(Enenica @ Dec 26 2016, 09:23 PM) *
Oh, another question, do things like the Secret Santa happen every year?

Most years, but not necessarily every one.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Breech Loader
post Dec 27 2016, 06:36 AM
Post #51

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 228 368

Active Squad

Well, at least I got a Shiny Zergoose Feral for my Shiny Dracowymsy by using a Blue Stone.
+Quote Post

Ezan
post Dec 27 2016, 06:19 PM
Post #52

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 085

HG

aaaw, i think i accidently release my common (i send a cleffa) Pokémon... "luckly" me sad.gif

This post has been edited by Ezan: Dec 27 2016, 06:28 PM

--------------------
My Party:

Aywas
Furvilla
+Quote Post

PokeNOM NOM NOM
post Dec 28 2016, 05:52 AM
Post #53

Spriter / Writer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 99 214

Active Squad

The shiny Venusaur Clone I put in went to Yancy, and I received Dr Hawkins shiny Rustor!
I'm really happy with that!

--------------------

Check out my GPX+ profile
to find out what I've contributed so far!

'Counterbalanced'
+Quote Post

D E A N
post Dec 28 2016, 06:23 AM
Post #54

Shiny Pokémon Hunter
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 972

sand everywhere

I was going to put something on the exchange on the 24th, but decided that I'll do it on the 25th instead so I can enjoy 6/6 party.
But then... I totally forgot to do it on the 25th ;n:

--------------------

Newest shinies~
Formerly know as tiika and Marshal Tilka.
Feel free to call me just Dean (:

shiny hunt relevant (click to show)
groups and credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Hibiki Kohaku
post Dec 28 2016, 05:03 PM
Post #55

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 246 782

Active Squad

I turned in a Pokemon before the exchange when I had 1 Pokemon and 3 Eggs in my party, and I never got a Pokemon egg come Christmas. Needless to say, I'm a tad upset.

--------------------
"A man with confidence shall not lose; only doubt will bring defeat."
+Quote Post

Alicat
post Dec 28 2016, 09:43 PM
Post #56

Novelty Stalker
Group Icon

Member No.: 54 424

Favorites

I threw in a spare shiny Corsola, and got a shiny Girafarig! (Which is totally going into next year's secret santa... xD)

--------------------

3rd place in Vitamin C #3 - Christmas
3rd place in Vitamin C #004 - Love
2nd place in Vitamin C #005 - Wild Fire!

Quotes <3 (click to show)

Daycare couple: Shiny Hunt

QUOTE(Nekomata @ Sep 28 2011, 01:38 PM) *
Long time no see, Alicat~! (If you don't remember me, I'm going to have to murder you later, alright?)
+Quote Post

Shauntal
post Dec 29 2016, 12:32 AM
Post #57

Queen of the Mismagius
Group Icon

Member No.: 170 024

the dream baybee

I put in one of my spare Female Shiny Espurrs (lol) and got a Shiny Slugma. Too bad I already had a Shiny Magcargo entry from years prior when I found one in the shelter sad.gif But it's chill I got its dex entry w/o hunting for it lol (I feel like Cleffa and Male Espurr hate me or somethin...)

--------------------

Spoiler (click to showhide)

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Dec 29 2016, 01:29 PM
Post #58

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

QUOTE(Hibiki Kohaku @ Dec 28 2016, 04:03 PM) *
I turned in a Pokemon before the exchange when I had 1 Pokemon and 3 Eggs in my party, and I never got a Pokemon egg come Christmas. Needless to say, I'm a tad upset.

https://gpx.plus/info/EahnA

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Hibiki Kohaku
post Dec 29 2016, 04:25 PM
Post #59

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 246 782

Active Squad

QUOTE(Zerxer @ Dec 29 2016, 10:29 AM) *
QUOTE(Hibiki Kohaku @ Dec 28 2016, 04:03 PM) *

https://gpx.plus/info/EahnA

Hm. It must have either slipped my attention or I thought it was something I had already gotten. My apologies.

--------------------
"A man with confidence shall not lose; only doubt will bring defeat."
+Quote Post

Blue Eyes White ...
post Dec 30 2016, 07:52 PM
Post #60

Seto Kaiba?
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 862

Showdown Team!

I put in a Shiny Mega Blastoise and got a Shiny Torchic. : ) I'm happy; Torchic is my favorite starter!

--------------------

A Pokemon RPG I moderate.~ Users of all ages welcome!

Favorite Pokemon~ (click to show)
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:09 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.