Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
There's this really cool new game...
Who is the better Hero?
Raven or Harken?
Raven [ 11 ]  [73.33%]
Harken [ 4 ]  [26.67%]
Total Votes: 15
Guests cannot vote 

Liquefy
post Aug 16 2007, 03:56 PM
Post #41

I'm a model citizen?
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 169

Active Squad

Lyn can't hurt a fly? Haha, good one. Lyn's strength average is pretty close to her cap, and she's got that nice speed, skill, and luck to help her dodge pretty much EVERYTHING. She's also the only lord who I consider to get a weapon that's actually useful post promotion.

Vaida isn't that bad. Better than Farina, anyway. She's such a waste of time. She's Nino with a price tag -_-

And, once again, Nino's stats are nothing to boast. They average only a point or two higher than Erk and Pent, and even then the small leads she has are too insignificant to make a difference because she probably won't even reach them.

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Carbink
post Aug 16 2007, 05:05 PM
Post #42

Carbink
Group Icon

Member No.: 11

Active Squad

For Nino, more like 3-5 points more. She beats Pent by at least three in all stats but def, and beats Erk by 2 or more in all but one, including Res, where she's ahead by 11. That's a lot. :/

Lyn...her speed and skill is nice, but her strength and def are kinda gross. Hector and Eliwood are way better. Not to mention they are actually usable last chapter. The Sol Katti is basically useless noes.gif

--------------------

Thanks Diagon cat.gif

+Quote Post

Liquefy
post Aug 16 2007, 08:51 PM
Post #43

I'm a model citizen?
Group Icon

Active Squad

Irregardless, she's not much better and she'll probably NEVER reach those stats ANYWAY. Why would you want to do something with Nino for a few chapters that Erk and Pent have been doing the entire game?

Her strength is fine. Not every unit needs ZOMGAMAZING strength to get by. If every unit had the best strength evar then it wouldn't be a strategy, not like it matters since most people who play Fire Emblem don't care anyway. But ignoring that, Hector and Eliwood are Lyn's equal. Each of the lords has a weakness (or two in Hector's case) and it doesn't hurt them any more than the other two. It should also be noted that Lyn can still use any sword in the game (save the rapier) at the end of the game, so her Mani Katti makes a decent replacement for the Sol Katti. She's also, in my opinion, one of the better candidates for the Reinfliche.

Lyn: Great strength and skill, as well as fairly decent luck. Her strength is alright, but not amazing, which hurts her usability for bosses early in the second part of the game because they're mainly armor units.

Hector: Bad speed and resistance. His speed problem fades out near the end, but most of the bosses near the end of the game are magic bosses, which hampers his boss slaughtering ability.

Eliwood: All of his stats are just "OK". They aren't bad, but they aren't amazing either. He's a good all around fighter, but otherwise he's just kind of there. He'll have trouble early and late game due to his strength and resistance being a bit of a problem, but mid game is where he shines. His support list s also pretty versatile.

I personally don't think that any of the lords are good or bad. I do, however, think that Hector is far too overrated and Eliwood and Lyn are incredibly underrated. Strength is a Fire Emblem character's good and bad point. If he/she has good strength, then there's no way in hell that he/she will be dislike by the majority of the fan community, but if they just have decent to bad strength, they'll be among the most hated characters in the series.

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Sep 7 2007, 10:46 PM
Post #44

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

Lyn's easily the worst of the lords; save that 20K for two characters instead of just Lyn. Far too frail, although get her to level 20 for EXP rank and destroy her Mani Katti. Mani Katti's free and doesn't bear a weight on funds like Wolf Beil and Rapier do. smile.gif
Eli/Hector can support each other just fine, Hector gets a free promotion and Eliwood supports Hector and gets mounted after promo. Plus, they tend to get more EXP around promotion, helping the rank so they're good to use.

Yes, I know you're forced to use Lyn in many chapters; it's not really hard to protect her. :/

For Nino, more like 3-5 points more. She beats Pent by at least three in all stats but def, and beats Erk by 2 or more in all but one, including Res, where she's ahead by 11. That's a lot. :/
Considering how Erk and Pent have stats that are "good enough" to thrash much of the game, Nino's extra 3-5 leads aren't needed, especially considering all the work you need to get her up to that point. All she's useful for is EXP rank in a ranked run, and nothing at all in an unranked run since most of your characters are doing so much better than her when she joins it's ridiculous.
In other words, she offers nothing new to the team.

Vaida isn't that bad. Better than Farina, anyway. She's such a waste of time. She's Nino with a price tag
Vaida's only better than Farina partly due to the fact that Farina wastes 20K(~40K) in funds to recruit, another reason is HHM boosts. Both units are miserable(Vaida isn't half bad in some parts of the game actually), but overall Vaida's better than Farina because of Funds, not Farina starting weak. >_>

anyways, FE rocks, FE5 is the best in the series, my name's Ikey because my favorite character in the series is Ike in FE9(followed by FE7's Raven), etc etc

EDIT: And btw, Raven > Harken. Raven averages Harken's base Speed 20 levels before Harken, and he has one of the highest attack stats(21 AS, 19 Strength + 7 mt IIRC from Iron Axe) as soon as he promotes. He catches up to Harken(even when he has HHM boosts, even though Raven gets better ones anyway) amazingly quick and is just an amazing unit in general.
Both are great units though, I'd advise using them both. Harken's better than Karel, btw.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Big Bidoof
post Sep 8 2007, 12:10 AM
Post #45

Watching YOU
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 1

Active Squad

QUOTE(Ikey @ Sep 7 2007, 11:46 PM) *
anyways, FE rocks, FE5 is the best in the series, etc etc

nowai, gogo FE4. noes.gif

--------------------
"Java is to JavaScript as ham is to hamster."

+Quote Post

Liquefy
post Sep 8 2007, 07:52 AM
Post #46

I'm a model citizen?
Group Icon

Active Squad

FE4 is my favorite, too. Ayra and her kids tear it up, and Celice is one of the better lords in the series. Plus it's a lot harder and interesting than any other game in the series.

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
+Quote Post

Big Bidoof
post Sep 8 2007, 09:19 AM
Post #47

Watching YOU
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 1

Active Squad

You can't forget Tinny! :333 And Faval. :33333 And Leaf. :3333333 Basically, anyone with holy blood and especially those with legendaries is amazing. XD

--------------------
"Java is to JavaScript as ham is to hamster."

+Quote Post

Liquefy
post Sep 8 2007, 09:44 AM
Post #48

I'm a model citizen?
Group Icon

Active Squad

Titlyu is pretty bomb, too. And cute. *loves her*

I don't think there are many characters in that game that I don't like. There are the obvious ones that everyone should hate (Arden, ugh), but otherwise I like pretty much everyone >_>

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Sep 8 2007, 09:03 PM
Post #49

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

QUOTE(BidoofsAreSexy @ Sep 8 2007, 01:10 AM) *
QUOTE(Ikey @ Sep 7 2007, 11:46 PM) *
anyways, FE rocks, FE5 is the best in the series, etc etc

nowai, gogo FE4. noes.gif
I've played FE4, and was pretty put off by it because of the fact that half the fandom raves over it; it wasn't that hard, although its plot was nice(which I believe was the main driving force behind the fandom's affection towards the game, methinks).

FE5 was fucking hard, and ridiculous when it came to parts of its difficulty. I found it so fun as well as HILARIOUS because of its difficulty- it's just fun to talk about and play, unless you almost beat a chapter and got killed by a 1% shot. That kept me off the game for a week.

Then again, quality is in the eye of the beholder.

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:14 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.