Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Phoenix Wright Discussion Thread
Mister Sa
post Jul 22 2007, 06:44 PM
Post #1

thats racist.
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 54

Active Squad

Anyone here play Phoenix Wright besides me? :/

If so, discuss!~ [Ace Attorney, Justice For All, characters,etc.]

--------------------

Mister Sa on DEVIANT ART
Mister Sa on YOUTUBE
Mister Sa on MYSPACE

I claimed the sexy . ;D

Come down to the Pokemon Cafe Forum. I'm there, so it's automatically cool. C:
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Jul 22 2007, 07:28 PM
Post #2

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

Yes! Dark Knight got me to download get it the other week. As soon as I beat it, I will get the next one. I play them on my DS. The 3rd one is coming out on DS in September, also.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Guest_Dark Knight_*
post Jul 22 2007, 09:48 PM
Post #3

Guests

I did get him to get a copy of it, because they are awesome games. I've been playing them since the GBA originals however, so I'm waay ahead of you guys. In Japan they're on four games, with the fifth coming out soon. Benefits of speaking Japanese and deliberately seeking out (then) obscure games.

I did play the DS English remake of the first game (the first game made specifically for the DS was actually the fourth game, which is only out in Japan at the moment), since it has the extra trial tacked on the end of it, and I have to say I was less than impressed with that additional bit. It stood out, since it simply wasn't as well written as the trials taken from the original. I'm quite glad that the second and third DS remakes don't have another bit put on the end, out of sequence with the storyline that runs through all the games in continuity.
+Quote Post

Bosco
post Jul 23 2007, 02:03 PM
Post #4

BROsco
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 21

Current FireRed Squad

I'm thinking about getting a copy.. how does the gameplay work? O_o.gif
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Jul 23 2007, 03:20 PM
Post #5

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

QUOTE(Bosco @ Jul 23 2007, 03:03 PM) *
I'm thinking about getting a copy.. how does the gameplay work? O_o.gif

Here's a YouTube Vid that shows the gameplay but be warned, it might spoil what happens in one of the games. *not going to watch it myself*

Oh and, here's a funny video I found. xD

Liar Liar: Phoenix Wright Style

--------------------
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Grave
post Jul 24 2007, 03:12 AM
Post #6

A Thorn on a Rose
Group Icon

Member No.: 129

Active Squad

I'm currently waiting for the third game to come out in English. Been a fan of it ever since my friend let me play his copy.

Also, Phoenix Wrong. cat.gif

--------------------

"A Thorn on a Rose."
¤ Heracross is mine. ¤
+Quote Post

Mister Sa
post Jul 24 2007, 04:26 PM
Post #7

thats racist.
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Dark Knight @ Jul 22 2007, 10:48 PM) *
I did get him to get a copy of it, because they are awesome games. I've been playing them since the GBA originals however, so I'm waay ahead of you guys. In Japan they're on four games, with the fifth coming out soon. Benefits of speaking Japanese and deliberately seeking out (then) obscure games.

I did play the DS English remake of the first game (the first game made specifically for the DS was actually the fourth game, which is only out in Japan at the moment), since it has the extra trial tacked on the end of it, and I have to say I was less than impressed with that additional bit. It stood out, since it simply wasn't as well written as the trials taken from the original. I'm quite glad that the second and third DS remakes don't have another bit put on the end, out of sequence with the storyline that runs through all the games in continuity.

Uh I've played Gyakuten Saiban too. : P Watashi wa, nihongo wo hanashimasu~

Yeah I'm looking forward to getting the 3rd one this September~

I heard you get to be Mia for a case or two~ 8D

... this is random but what did you all think of Director Hotti? sealed.gif

--------------------

Mister Sa on DEVIANT ART
Mister Sa on YOUTUBE
Mister Sa on MYSPACE

I claimed the sexy . ;D

+Quote Post

Guest_Dark Knight_*
post Jul 24 2007, 10:32 PM
Post #8

Guests

Self-proclaimed director who isn't a real doctor, likes to gossip, and is generally obnoxious. Has pink hair and missing teeth. What are you expecting to hear? That we all think he's witty and sexy? I actually like his Japanese name more than his English one. Roughly translated it means "we will overcharge you", whereas his English name is clearly a play on words of his obsession with hot chicks.

And not bad, your "I speak Japanese" is pretty good apart from the grammar. Your sentence more literally translated means "I, speak Japanese". I personally would have said "watashi wa nihongo wo hanasemasu (I can speak Japanese)", or at least 私は、日本語を、話します。, but I have a kyuu-2 and like to show off in kanji, heh.
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Jul 24 2007, 11:29 PM
Post #9

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

I haven't gotten to see Director Hotti yet. I'm only on the uhhh 4th case maybe (whichever is the original last case before the tacked on DS one) on the first game.

*eats your spoilers*

--------------------

+Quote Post

Guest_Dark Knight_*
post Jul 24 2007, 11:33 PM
Post #10

Guests

Yeah, Hotti is on the second trial of the second game.
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Aug 8 2007, 12:37 AM
Post #11

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

Okay, I'm really curious about something now. After the second chapter, I believe, on the first game, Maya started calling me "Nick." Now, that is my real name so I was thinking "Hey, maybe she got the name from my DS" but now I'm not so sure... I'm on the 2nd to last trial (the official last before the tacked-on DS final trial) and she had screamed my name in front of that one camera like "NIIIII .... IIIIII .... IIIICK!" and I was like "Okay, that's weird if the name was just placed..."

Then later, she was like "Nick knows Santa? St. Nick and Nick.. Hey, I see a connection" and I was just like "What the hell? Does she mean the names?"

So now I'm curious, is the name Nick actually scripted into the game (and WHY) or does it actually get your real name from your DS and if it does, then what did she mean by a connection between St. Nick and Nick and how did she scream your names?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Guest_Dark Knight_*
post Aug 11 2007, 11:08 PM
Post #12

Guests

Nick, it's scripted. Nick is PhoeNIX's nickname. And that's just a lot of nickers.
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Aug 12 2007, 11:40 AM
Post #13

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

QUOTE(Dark Knight @ Aug 12 2007, 12:08 AM) *
Nick, it's scripted. Nick is PhoeNIX's nickname. And that's just a lot of nickers.

Darn.. That confused the hell out of me. irritated.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Big Bidoof
post Aug 18 2007, 06:12 AM
Post #14

Watching YOU
Group Icon

Member No.: 1

Active Squad

This game's really addictive. cat.gif I'm up to the third part of Maya's trial, I just finished the first day in the courtroom. O_o.gif

--------------------
"Java is to JavaScript as ham is to hamster."

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Aug 20 2007, 02:42 PM
Post #15

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

QUOTE(BidoofsAreSexy @ Aug 18 2007, 07:12 AM) *
This game's really addictive. cat.gif I'm up to the third part of Maya's trial, I just finished the first day in the courtroom. O_o.gif

It is, but as the game progresses, it makes you do more crap out of the courtroom. Investigating is the worst part ever.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Guest_北海の鬼_*
post Aug 20 2007, 07:10 PM
Post #16

Guests

The English DS remake of the third game is out today for all you suckers who can't read Japanese.
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Aug 20 2007, 09:42 PM
Post #17

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

QUOTE(北海の鬼 @ Aug 20 2007, 08:10 PM) *
The English DS remake of the third game is out today for all you suckers who can't read Japanese.

I'm still on the last case of the first game; I always stop playing a game right before the end and jump to another game.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mister Sa
post Aug 22 2007, 09:23 PM
Post #18

thats racist.
Group Icon

Active Squad

And not bad, your "I speak Japanese" is pretty good apart from the grammar. Your sentence more literally translated means "I, speak Japanese". I personally would have said "watashi wa nihongo wo hanasemasu (I can speak Japanese)", or at least 私は、日本語を、話します。, but I have a kyuu-2 and like to show off in kanji, heh.

[I DON'T HAVE JAPANESE INSTALLED SO I SEE SQUARES CRAP FTW WHERE IS MY DISC?!] ...Grammar?

I was taught to write that way because it's PROPER JAPANESE [Or something. I dun even know how to use Waranai or what ever. Everything I was taught is proper and formal and what ever.]. My teacher was strict.So you're telling me the way a Japanese lady taught me to write is incorrect? :0

Hanasemasu? That's a new one for me. noes.gif ... I need you to teach me more. xD I dropped the class starting Sophomore year since I didn't care about taking the language anymore at school. [I take spanish instead this year FTW AT ME RIGHT?]

EDIT: Jeez TRIED TO EDIT THIS IN LAST NIGHT BUT THE LAMERZ SPIRITOMB KEPT POPPING UP AND I WAS LIKE NO GO AWAY NOW LET ME EDIT. AS I AS SAYING~ I like to show off Kanji too. I was ahead in the class, I knew about 70+ more kanji than the other students knew [They only knew 1-10, nani, Sensei... yeah. That's pretty much it.]

DAMN IT I HAVE NO MONEY HOW AM I GOING TO GET PHOENIX WRIGHT 3?! I HAVEN'T EVEN REQUESTED THAT THEY SAVE A COPY FOR ME YET. CRAP CRAP CRAP~~ ... Which case was the hardest for you guys? I had the most trouble on that circus case in the second PW~

--------------------

Mister Sa on DEVIANT ART
Mister Sa on YOUTUBE
Mister Sa on MYSPACE

I claimed the sexy . ;D

+Quote Post

Liquefy
post Aug 25 2007, 05:23 PM
Post #19

I'm a model citizen?
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 169

Active Squad

I've been searching desperately for the first one ever since it came out in the states but, you know, the people in my state are a bunch of dumb hicks who probably can't read, so there are no copies due to low demand *nod*

No, seriously though, I've NEVER seen the first (fourth, whatever) in any store in my area. The newest one is there, but sadly no first. I eventually just spent the money I've been holding on to for it and since I've done that, someone will have it -_-

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Aug 25 2007, 09:52 PM
Post #20

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

QUOTE(The Magical Talking Cookie @ Aug 25 2007, 06:23 PM) *
I've been searching desperately for the first one ever since it came out in the states but, you know, the people in my state are a bunch of dumb hicks who probably can't read, so there are no copies due to low demand *nod*

No, seriously though, I've NEVER seen the first (fourth, whatever) in any store in my area. The newest one is there, but sadly no first. I eventually just spent the money I've been holding on to for it and since I've done that, someone will have it -_-

Uh.. I'm going to guess since you're posting here that you DO have access to the internet. Why couldn't you just order it off a game store's website? Get it shipped in from another state. Hell, buy a cheaper copy off eBay. :|

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:08 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.