Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
279 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
May Community Thread, Discussion of almost anything goes here. Be sure to read the rules!
Jen
post Apr 28 2015, 09:25 PM
Post #1

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

May Community Thread!

The April Community thread has been moved here.

Hey guys! Did you all enjoy last month's thread? (: I hope so! Every month a new community thread will be made and the old one will be discarded into the archives. I don't want a super huge thread to continue to get even bigger, so I hope everyone is excited for a fresh start every month!

I've redone the instructions on how to send in nominations, so I suggest that you take a look at them if you plan on participating.

How to Participate
We're only going to count user participation this time. When you've selected the users that you'd like to nominate, send me a PM titled 'Nominations' and then list everyone that you think has been amazing that day/week/month. This should be far less tedious than sending multiple PMs in a row, so I hope this helps!

Note: There are no restrictions, so if you want to send some twice a week, once a month, or everyday that's fine!

I know that there was some confusion on what exactly participation is, but it's just as it sounds. If they're constantly seen in the thread chatting to everyone, joining in on some gaming, or just being all around great in the thread then they're good to go!

Three to two days before the end of the month, I'm going to put all the nominations into a PHP script which will generate three random names and those will be the winners for the June egg event.

Rules
Now for the not-so-fun part. If any staff member catches word of anyone bullying other members there will be punishments; such as, not being able to be eligible for the drawing, and a warning of a percentage that staff seems suitable for the committed infraction. If I find out anything I will send you a message saying what I heard/saw while leaving everyone else anonymous — so have no fear if you need to report someone — and tell you what you did wrong and why you’re being punished in such a way. Fair enough? Please keep it civil!
  • Regular forum rules still apply here. Basically don't double post. Don't ask for clicks every time you fill your party. Unless it gets out of hand*, I'm okay with you linking to an exploration Pokemon who needs a specific berry.

*out of hand meaning I don't want to see Pokémon being linked just for leveling or if they need drinks for happiness. These kinds of interactions can be handled just fine by being in your parties and signatures.

• While posting an exploration Pokémon is A-OK, it is NOT okay to make those your only posts and have absolutely no other interaction in this thread. It's a community thread, not a personal dumping ground.

• New rule added for May - Do not post shinies in here. There's a shiny thread for that. You can, however, post the text from obtaining your shinies such as the shiny egg message, the shard you received, and the finishing a shiny hunt message.

• Do not litter your post with swear words.

• DO NOT NOMINATE YOURSELF. If you send me a PM nominating yourself you'll receive a verbal warning. Do it again and you will be placed in the restricted group which will prevent you from being able to win an event egg during the duration of the event.

• Do not make this thread's nominations a popularity/clique group. Even if you don't like someone, send them a nomination if they're following the rules and being active in the thread. Please be fair!

• Do not suck up to staff who are participating in discussion. We will notice this. Not cool, man! (Talking and sucking up are two different things and we'll notice the difference, I promise. So don't be scared to talk to us!)

• No memes. Examples: Scumbag Steve, Good Guy Greg, Bad Luck Brian, Socially Awkward Penguin, Awkward Moment Seal, etc. If you want to post an image to give imagery to your post, such as the kind of breed your dog or cat is, a screenshot of the villagers in your animal crossing game, your new haircut, etc. then that's fine. Put them in a spoiler though.

• Gifs are allowed, but don't overuse them. If the thread turns into nothing but gif replies, I'll give everyone a 10% warn that was involved because it's just plain out spam! If you feel that you know of a gif that is relevant to the conversation, such as dis gon be gud, then go ahead and put it in a spoiler tag. That's fine!

• No quote pyramids! Be sure to cut out everything that was before what you're replying to. They can get long and make a page annoying to scroll through, so be considerate to your fellow members!

• A post must be AT LEAST one sentence long. If you’re saying hi or bye to someone be sure to add something more to your post.
End Note
In the end, this is all for FUN, so remember that! Don’t get competitive with other users, make friends instead! Besides, being angry and stressed will make you break out, and you don't want to break out, so think of your skin! Jokes aside, please be respectful of everyone around you. If something rubs you the wrong way then send a private message to the person and talk it out. Leave the drama in private, or I, or other mods that are on, will chase you with our warn sticks!!!

Members of staff are also eligible for nominations from Global Mod and down, so don’t leave them out just because they’re staff! I’m wanting ALL members of the community to communicate with each other, not just users. So expect to see us around, and don’t be shy!

Alright this is all I can think to say right now. If you have ANY questions then please ask! Enjoy, have fun, make friends, and win prizes! <333

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Jen
post Apr 28 2015, 09:26 PM
Post #2

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

PIDGEY LOVE

May Egg Event!

How to get an egg from this event
  • You must keep at least one slot open in your party.
  • You MUST have logged in sometime on GPX+ in the last two weeks.
  • You can not be in the restricted group.
IMPORTANT EVENT NOTES
  1. No, you do NOT have to be online at the time I am sending out eggs.
  2. These eggs do NOT show up in the Lab for the event. They are sent out randomly.
  3. There is ONE set shiny for each Pokémon, but every other egg has a regular chance of being shiny.
  4. If you obtain ONE of the eggs from this event, you will NOT be able to obtain another one from this same event. This means if you get an egg on day 1 of this event, you can't get an event egg from any other day during this event. By the way, abandoning an event egg does nothing. So if you get one you might as well keep it and be happy.
  5. If we find any accounts being made just to get eggs from the event then they will be immediately banned along with your main.
  6. If you were a winner of the raffle, your chosen Pokémon will be spawned into your party on the day of the event. It won't be forced shiny, but there's always a small chance just like any other egg! This will not count as an event egg and you can still receive one from the event.
  7. There is no guarantee that you'll receive an egg. There have been about 3k users online daily and there are only 1,750 eggs going out, so that at least gives you a little more than a 50% chance at getting something.
  8. I will be aiming for 4 p.m. server time to start the event, but keep in mind that there is no set time of day these show up. I have to be online in order to run the script.
Event dates and what's being handed out
  • May 3rd: Diancie - Winner: Rhapsody - 350 eggs
  • May 4th: Shine Bright like a Crystal ~ Crystal Onix ~ 350 eggs
  • May 5th: Yveltal - Winner: Orenji - 350 eggs
  • May 6th: Zergoose - Winner: Anonymous - 350 eggs
  • May 7th: May Flowers ~ Shaymin ~ 350 eggs

--------------------

+Quote Post

Jen
post Apr 28 2015, 09:27 PM
Post #3

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

PIDGEY LOVE

Gaming Info

There is no longer any set day to play games. Play what you want to play when you want to play. Just be sure to invite us along, okay?! (:

IRC Channel: #gpxgames
This channel consists of users from this thread playing games. Sometimes it's just easier to chat in real time. (:

Nintendo

List of Nintendo IDs and Friend Codes (click to show)

Steam
List of Steam IDs (click to show)

Minecraft
Suggest good servers for games and Pixelmon. The one I can think of off the top of my head is Hypixel. I'm pretty sure there are tons of others though!

Pixelmon Server IP run by sportsfan666 - pixelmon.acherongaming.com
Extra info on the server (click to show)

Vanilla Server IP run by MaliceIncorporated - 76.164.208.106:33837 Do not spread this IP around.
Extra server info (click to show)

pidgey.gifpidgey.gifpidgey.gif

Streaming
If you're a streamer and want to link to your stream when you go live then go ahead.
If you're watching someone stream and you think others would like to watch with you then go ahead and link it.

Youtubers
Don't link to your channel to advertise. Keep it in your signature.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Rhapsody
post Apr 30 2015, 10:57 PM
Post #4

you got some nice boulders
Group Icon

Member No.: 795

porgeymins

Yo yo yo what is UPPPPPPP my homies.

I can't wait to see beautiful little Diancies added to people's parties. I like that we're bringing this system back.

I also like how I don't have anything particular to do this weekend so I can spend more time on here. If I'm not mentally dead. Working a 9-5 job is taxing on my body for some reason.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Apr 30 2015, 10:58 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 207 612

Active Squad

Well, lemme just lead off and say...

WHY TOGEKISS WHY T_T

Only rank 2.....

--------------------
|

He's watching you....so protect the environment!

+Quote Post

Daneh
post Apr 30 2015, 10:58 PM
Post #6

Ignored 90% of the time
Group Icon

Member No.: 140 331

Absol <3

Woohoo! New month, new exploration, so much new! I'm so excited! <3

And my Sylveon got rank 1! Eeee, good start to this month~

This post has been edited by Daneh: Apr 30 2015, 10:59 PM

--------------------

Want to help others achieve Social Network? Click the banner, and become a ninja!
Banners + credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Sportsfan666
post Apr 30 2015, 10:59 PM
Post #7

It's been awhile since I changed this.
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 506

Active Squad

Let's see if we can break 300 pages this time. :P

--------------------
+Quote Post

MaliceIncorporat...
post Apr 30 2015, 10:59 PM
Post #8

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 221 354

Active Squad

It's May it's May! Good luck on the explorations and shiny hunts this month, everyone! I'm intrigued about these egg giveaways. Unfortunately for this first weekend I'll only have access on my phone due to moving, so I hope I don't get party locked. I'll have to start explorations on Monday.

--------------------

Rotating Pixel Pokemon courtesy randimg.net
+Quote Post

Vibrancy
post Apr 30 2015, 11:00 PM
Post #9

Sliding Scale of Idealism vs. Cynicism
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 512

Active Squad

Ah, awesome! I'm so excited for everything new that's happening! I'm glad to see egg handouts back too... it was frustrating originally since you couldn't get legendaries on your own, but since we have the explorations and all that now, I think it's fun to revisit~

--------------------

+Quote Post

Rhapsody
post Apr 30 2015, 11:01 PM
Post #10

you got some nice boulders
Group Icon

Member No.: 795

porgeymins

QUOTE(Doom Hunter @ Apr 30 2015, 11:58 PM) *

WHY TOGEKISS WHY T_T

Only rank 2.....

that feel

Oh well. I kind of want to concentrate on a couple of plates anyway so I'm not drowning in a pile of (functionally) useless shards. Let's... try to space out the shinies this time, RNGesus.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Esc
post Apr 30 2015, 11:01 PM
Post #11

Account Upgraded | Title Enabled
Group Icon

Member No.: 114 649

Active Squad

Hi guys happy.gif! Just finished finals and now done my second year of university. Couldn't be happier grin.gif

EDIT: Quick question. So we just have to be active throughout May to win? No interaction requirements or anything like that?

This post has been edited by Esc: Apr 30 2015, 11:02 PM

--------------------

Thnx Moonlit

Proud Member of the KotRt & Shiny Lovers Redux! & Blue Moons!

+Quote Post

Hiraelle
post Apr 30 2015, 11:02 PM
Post #12

Spheal Lover
Group Icon

Member No.: 68 755

ROULE

Got rank 2, but I wasn't aiming for rank 1 as I have the Pixie plate.

The "return" of the old system of events is interesting, I'll be sure to keep a spot open in my party on the 4th, 5th and 7th (at least I'll try not to forget). I had bad luck with this system in the past though, I don't really expect to get something.

Is another of the May surprises a new set of achievements, I wonder ?

--------------------
GO GO POKEMON RANGERS

I took over the group, come and join us !
- Banner by Doctor Octopus
Affiliates : Azurite Knights - Malachite Mages - Shiny Lovers - The Networking Ninjas - The Postal Service

- Banner by eevee64

Made by Cycloneblaze

+Quote Post

The Majestic Mr ...
post Apr 30 2015, 11:03 PM
Post #13

The Green Thunder, Kell of L's, Keeper of Stars
Group Icon

Member No.: 212 177

Exuberant

Birthday Countdown - 22 days remain.
It has begun.

So, wait. We just have an open slot in our parties during those days and we might get an egg? Ooooh. grin.gif

As always, you guys are doing an awesome job. Keep up the good work. happy.gif

--------------------

Light is a spectrum. Why limit yourself to a single hue?

Nintendo 3DS FC: 1950-9577-7656
Switch FC: Mr. L: 5429-0347-5697

PM me if you want to add me. happy.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. L banner made by Luigi Mario
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I'M REALLY FEELING IT!
+Quote Post

Sportsfan666
post Apr 30 2015, 11:06 PM
Post #14

It's been awhile since I changed this.
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 506

Active Squad

Just a heads up to you guys ~ the backroom is full of rare evolution items right now. Nearly 70 altogether...

--------------------
+Quote Post

Gryphaena
post Apr 30 2015, 11:08 PM
Post #15

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 103

My Purple Ones

Wow, it's the return of Egg giveaways! I am very curious for the " I'ts a mystery eggs".

I'll try to keep a spot open for one.

--------------------
Avatar by Cycloneblaze at Cycloneshop II

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
+Quote Post

Raboot
Post #16

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 311

Active Squad

Oh man, an egg event? I'm so excited. May sounds like an awesome month already, what with my birthday and graduation coming up.

--------------------
+Quote Post

KatTheBard
Post #17

I get a title?
Group Icon

Member No.: 122 414

Active Squad

QUOTE(Doom Hunter @ Apr 30 2015, 11:58 PM) *

WHY TOGEKISS WHY T_T

Only rank 2.....

Same :C

Haha I was so confused about why there wasn't a scavenger hunt task today, then it became midnight and my computer rolled over and I was like, "oh"

So the egg handouts start on the 3rd? Because I just realized my party was full and I was like "oops" hehe~

So, for Steam, I'm pretty sure you can find me if you search for "142 Mexican Whooping Llamas," which is my current display name.

If you'd like my 3DS friend code, PM me. I've been playing a lot of Omega Ruby lately!

--------------------

Daycare: Ditto x Audino

I auto-add anyone who is 20 or less adds away from SN. I try to update my Pal Pad every Sunday. I also accept PMs!
+Quote Post

Phoenicis
post Apr 30 2015, 11:09 PM
Post #18

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 164 761

Active Squad

Sylveon got rank 1 (so 12 prize points + pixie shard), and got 80 prize points from the scavenger hunt, so that puts me well on my way to my next legend voucher. On top of that, Darkrai and Regi Trio explorations this month means I'm very happy. (I still need 2 of the Regi Trio and I was hoping for the Darkrai exploration to show up this month anyway, since I knew probably none of the other trios would.)

Off to a great start!

--------------------

+Quote Post

BTS Jin
Post #19

you can't eat a pool
Group Icon

Member No.: 20 146

we only swim free

I'm irrationally happy that I was the first to embark on Synx's new exploration. Like, I shouldn't be that happy about it. But new explorations are always exciting ^^

And whooooooa feels like 09-10 all over again.

--------------------
justnosense

ripulse
allegro
manila
klaine
kurtbastian
wooper

teen heat
+Quote Post

Unnoticeable Koh...
Post #20

Still around
Group Icon

Member No.: 54 909

Epics

I didn't even place, but whatever, I got that job grin.gif

Its a simple cashier experience, but that's pretty necessary especially since I have little cash handling experience.

I start on monday, and best of all, I can walk.

--------------------
[align=centerOccasionally pops in to post in various threads, best way to get back to me is via pm[/align]
+Quote Post

279 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:05 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.