Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Special Request- For Serious RPers Only, A novelist-in-potentia needs an RP brain trust
BrainpanSonata
post Oct 1 2009, 06:22 PM
Post #1

Winged Psycho Juggler Vamp Kimono Mismagius Ninja Moon Etc RPer
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Zooming through cyberspace, and often getting distracted by shiny, pixelated objects.
Member No.: 25 766

The Phantom Parade!

Okay, so some of you may know I'm currently writing my first novel. What you don't know is that it's been suggested to me IRL that the creative process could be greatly helped in the way of character interaction and scenario development if I were to get some people to help me portray the novel's characters and act out potential scenarios. Meaning roleplaying. Well, what better place for me to do this than right here?

What I Need
RPers who:
  • are literate
  • are willing to take on the roles of pre-created characters
  • are very active in these forums and can work to schedule time that fits in with the schedule of others
  • are willing to have to jump through some extra hoops, such as registering on off-site forums or private chat rooms
Why Should You Do This?
Benefits include:
  • additional RP experience
  • getting inside access to my book before it's completed and published
  • getting to suggest ideas for scenarios, locations and location names, monsters, etc. and having some of your ideas end up in the book
  • getting your real name listed in the acknowledgments section of the book
  • having fun RPing as a character in a semi-humorous medieval fantasy setting (well, semi- to mostly humorous... but there's plenty of drama, too!)
How Would This Be Done And How Could You Sign Up?
First off, don't post your applications here. If you're interested in getting involved in this, PM me with:
  • your username
  • the links to sample posts of yours from three RPs you are or have been in
If I like what I see, I'll send you a reply with all the info you need: the plot, the characters and which ones are currently available to choose from, important locations, and where the RPing will be taking place. Since this is freeform/generally improvised RPing, concerning material from a book that has yet to be completed and published, it will NOT be happening in the Roleplay forum. If I decide you're not quite what I'm looking for in a dedicated roleplayer, I will send you a reply stating such (this will only happen if you claim to be literate but your sample posts show you aren't).

There are currently nine characters (seven major, one minor) from the novel available to be roleplayed. I have already decided to take three minor characters out of the fourteen total characters since they are the three who appear in the novel the least.

So if you're interested in this unique private roleplaying venture, I look forward to receiving your PM!

This post has been edited by BrainpanSonata: Oct 16 2009, 04:40 PM

--------------------

First-time novelist seeks dedicated, literate RPers for help with her work. Click this link if interested.

Scrubs RP is looking for RPers to join up! If you're a fan of Scrubs, or are otherwise interested, click the link in the previous sentence. (The RP has started, but we could always use someone to play Elliot or Carla... OC interns and long term patients also accepted.)
Party Link, RPs, & Other Stuff (click to show)
Groups I Am In (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 08:45 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.