Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Flutes (or more specifically the White Flute and now an idea for the Black Flute)
Dalek Omega
post Aug 6 2010, 01:10 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 76 497

Active Squad

As a relatively new shiny hunter, I'm forever stalking the shelter & lab looking for a specific egg (or two or three). What if we had an item (or possible upgrade) that would work with the shine recorder and make it so an egg (or eggs) we were shiny hunting would appear on the first refresh of the lab/shelter?

That's where the White Flute comes in to it. Within the games, the purpose of this flute is to make wild encounter happen more often. It sounds to me as if it would be the perfect item to help bring out eggs you are hunting.

Of course, if the egg isn't in the lab/shelter, then nothing would change as you can't attract something that isn't there sort of like trying to use the repel in the Lab only to find out that there aren't any eggs available which you haven't gotten in your dex.

This post has been edited by Dalek Omega: Aug 11 2010, 03:03 PM

--------------------
Follow Mo & Zel to my party
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Hayarotle
post Aug 6 2010, 03:14 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2 088

Active Squad

Sounds like an interesing idea. And maybe a black flute for making they appear less?

--------------------

Groups: (click to show)

GENERATION 25: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. This is a Social experiment.
+Quote Post

Swampert rox
post Aug 6 2010, 03:25 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 355

Current HeatGold team

Quadruple post o_O

Anyway, this might be helpful, but it could be abused.

--------------------

Click to go to my party.

90% of teens would die if MySpace had a system failure and crashed.
If you are part of the 10% that would die laughing, copy and paste this into your signature.

QUOTE(5 Gum @ Nov 9 2010, 05:59 PM) *
If you play Justin Bieber songs backwards, you can hear messages from Satan. Even worse, if you play them forwards you hear Justin Bieber.

Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Pikagrue
post Aug 7 2010, 02:52 AM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 690

herp derp

QUOTE(Swampert rox @ Aug 6 2010, 01:26 PM) *
Quadruple post o_O

Anyway, this might be helpful, but it could be abused.

Considering that shiny hunts cannot be started on novelties, legendaries, anything in the "No Eggs" group, or ditto, then basically a person would only be making eggs that are relatively easy to obtain anyway, relatively easier to obtain.

It might be a good idea to set limits on such an item anyway (perhaps a one-time use item with a twenty-four hour effect, perhaps a permanent account upgrade which could be activated once per day but only had a one hour effect), but even without such limits, I don't really see how this could be abused.

--------------------
|

It is pitch black. I am very likely to eat you.
90% of internet users fail to understand basic arithmetic. If you are one of the 12% that do, paste this into your sig.
+Quote Post

42ofChaos
post Aug 7 2010, 02:53 AM
Post #5

It has been a while.
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 955

Gpx+ wanted pokemon

I agree with the permanent upgrade idea on how you can use it once a day but it only works for an hour or so. (however, there is then the fact that eggs take a minimum of an hour to hatch without the flame orb)

--------------------

Drydee stuff wanted!

Drydee: Mario/Pokemon chaotic crossover! (click to show)

~~Credits for Drydee stuff~~ (click to show)
+Quote Post

unexistence
post Aug 7 2010, 09:36 AM
Post #6

Fan of Smash Bros, Pokémon, A:TLA, A:LOK, Zelda, things
Group Icon

Member No.: 31 681

Favorites ♥

This would be very useful for shiny hunting and I don't see how this would be abused.
I say yes.

--------------------

GPXing sporadically.

+Quote Post

Torrita
post Aug 7 2010, 07:17 PM
Post #7

The Optimistic One
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 523

My party

Yay flutes!

Anyway, I think this is a good idea. I propose it would work like the Dowsing Machine, so it would only have one day of effects. Oh, and nice quadruple post!

Edit: I also don't really see a point to a black flute for this sort of purpose, but maybe the other flutes could be used as different items sorts of items related to other things!

This post has been edited by Torrita: Aug 7 2010, 08:40 PM

--------------------
My GPXPlus party:

& &
all that jazzy text no one cares about (click to show)
QUOTE(Ebola @ May 14 2011, 09:25 PM) *
QUOTE(Megurine Luka and Crona @ May 14 2011, 10:23 PM) *
There is no feeling worse than unreturned love besides pain.
*Slams you against the wall and starts violently shaking you*
HE DOES LOVE ME! >(

Pixels
Tall
+Quote Post

Rumn
post Aug 7 2010, 07:36 PM
Post #8

Cooltrainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 71 933

Raburabu~

Although what would be the point of the black one? To make your hunt's mons more unlikely seems kinda pointless...

--------------------
~*GPX+:*~
~~ ~ ~ ~~
~~ Party Violet Dragonite with First Hatch-chan and First Shiny-kun~~
~Shinies~ (click to show)
~Kreativ~ (click to show)
+Quote Post

Hayarotle
post Aug 7 2010, 09:58 PM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 088

Active Squad

This would be kind of helpful for getting shiny hunt pokemons, but maybe it should only work wel on commons? And sorry about the quadruple post, the browser glitched

--------------------

Groups: (click to show)

GENERATION 25: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. This is a Social experiment.
+Quote Post

Sportsfan666
post Aug 7 2010, 10:21 PM
Post #10

It's been awhile since I changed this.
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 506

Active Squad

It's not that hard to find certain eggs if they're in the lab/shelter when you are looking for them...

This post has been edited by sportsfan666: Aug 7 2010, 10:22 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Galahawk
post Aug 8 2010, 03:33 AM
Post #11

Legendary Dragon Empress
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 238

Best team ever

QUOTE(sportsfan666 @ Aug 7 2010, 11:21 PM) *
It's not that hard to find certain eggs if they're in the lab/shelter when you are looking for them...

Even so, there are some non-legendary or non-novelty eggs that rarely appear in either. I've been finding it hard to find eggs like Torchic in the lab or shelter. And hell, during critical mass days it can be hard to find common Pokemon if a lot of other people are shiny hunting for them.

I fully support the flute idea. I see no way it could be exploited and it would only be helping people who only get their shiny hunt eggs from the lab (I know quite a few people who get eggs strictly from the lab). So for any species with the "rare" rating, a suggestion like this would be insanely useful.

This post has been edited by Galahawk: Aug 8 2010, 03:34 AM

--------------------
[align=center]
- Click Latias for my deviantART | Click Latios for my Tumblr -

[spoiler=Shinies + Fat meeps]
(Shinies are not in chronological order. I stopped caring.)[/spoiler][/align]
+Quote Post

SagaDavid
post Aug 8 2010, 06:03 AM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 32 478

Active Squad

If the item/upgrade comes with some restrictions, it might be a good idea. Limiting it to the eggs in your recorded shiny hunts is a good restriction. and maybe every use of the flute would cost you something, maybe some points, or it has a limited number of uses/day like the shelter pass. That way, it cannot be abused.
Something will have to be worked out considering Ditto and Unown; setting Ditto as one of your shiny hunts and then being able to use the flute as often as you want to call a Ditto is not right, and unfair to others. But never mind, Ditto and Unown don't show in the shine recorder anyway, so no chance of abuse there.

--------------------
Pokemon Go friend code: 0036 8713 5658

shinies (click to show)

+Quote Post

Dark
post Aug 8 2010, 06:15 AM
Post #13

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 051

-poke-

I think this is a great idea - and restrictions such as giving it a points cost should help limit abuse.
In my current shiny hunts I've found finding Vulpix in the Lab is near impossible, probably because so many other people are also hunting it. The less wanted shinies I'm hunting, in contrast, are much easier to find.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Natasha Romanoff
post Aug 8 2010, 08:53 AM
Post #14

I only act like I know everything.
Group Icon

Member No.: 38 923

Antimatter

I like this idea. It would make finding the eggs for shiny hunts much easier. cat.gif

Perhaps, like the repel and summoning items, the white flute would be activated from the shelter page, instead of from your inventory.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Torrita
post Aug 8 2010, 08:53 AM
Post #15

The Optimistic One
Group Icon

My party

Like I said before, if it's made like the Dowsing Machine then it can be used only once; you'd have to buy a new one every day that you wanted to use it, so people would use it one their more active days.

--------------------
My GPXPlus party:

& &
HE DOES LOVE ME! >(

Pixels
Tall
+Quote Post

TheIgDemon
post Aug 8 2010, 09:00 AM
Post #16

What are you looking at? >.>
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 990

My Favorites

I very much approve of this idea seeing as some of the Pokemon I shiny hunt seem hard to find even if they are considered "common".

--------------------
My Clickables (click to show)

+Quote Post

Dazmi
post Aug 8 2010, 09:05 AM
Post #17

Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

QUOTE(Dalek Omega @ Aug 6 2010, 01:10 PM) *
What if we had an item (or possible upgrade) that would work with the shine recorder and make it so an egg (or eggs) we were shiny hunting would appear on the first refresh of the lab/shelter?

I don't really know how much I like this idea. I take joy in searching though the lab/shelter.

This post has been edited by Dazmi: Aug 8 2010, 09:06 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Torrita
post Aug 8 2010, 06:42 PM
Post #18

The Optimistic One
Group Icon

My party

QUOTE(Dazmi @ Aug 8 2010, 08:05 AM) *
What if we had an item (or possible upgrade) that would work with the shine recorder and make it so an egg (or eggs) we were shiny hunting would appear on the first refresh of the lab/shelter?

I don't really know how much I like this idea. I take joy in searching though the lab/shelter.

Then simply don't buy the item. It doesn't have to help you in particular to be a good idea.

--------------------
My GPXPlus party:

& &
HE DOES LOVE ME! >(

Pixels
Tall
+Quote Post

Dalek Omega
post Aug 9 2010, 08:45 AM
Post #19

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 76 497

Active Squad

QUOTE(Dazmi @ Aug 8 2010, 09:05 AM) *

I think everyone has a different level of joy in shelter stalking. I've found that in my shiny searches, I'm more interested in speed of finding suitable eggs. If I'm not shiny hunting, I don't have any set goal in the shelter so I can be more leisurely & take more enjoyment from noticing the odd legendary in the shelter even if I wasn't interested in claiming it (which I've passed by a few Ho-Oh eggs in my stalking & was too late on one of the Regi-eggs).

That's why I think this would be of use to shiny hunters most of all. By tying it to the shine recorder, the ways to abuse it are severely limited since you can't shiny hunt legendaries, novelties, Unown or Ditto. I think it could easily be used as a one-time use item, manually activated upgrade or a permanently activated upgrade. I think it might also help to encourage more activity on the site.

As far as the other flutes go, I really haven't figured out a GPX purpose for them. Other than the White Flute (which makes wild pokemon more likely to appear) the other flutes are:

Black - make wild pokemon less likely to appear
Blue - awaken sleeping pokemon
Red - snap a pokemon out of affection
Yellow - snap a pokemon out of confusion

The only other flute I can see having a GPX function would be the black flute & that's only if it acted in the same way as a repel (which gets you right to the line of "things not to suggest" depending on how you suggest it's use (or maybe not as I can't see that thought on the list any more) or at least useless duplication). Maybe the other flutes could be used in other ways, but for now, the only uses for them (which would be contrary to their in game uses) would duplicate the actions of current GPX items.

EDIT: Maybe the Black Flute could be used to bring up all eggs in the Lab/Shelter that a person is shiny hunting. In the Shelter it would be helpful as the person could quickly refill their party (assuming that there were enough eggs available). It would be a time saver but might come across as being greedy.

This post has been edited by Dalek Omega: Aug 11 2010, 03:02 PM

--------------------
Follow Mo & Zel to my party
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 09:33 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.