Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Resetting Pokemon
Omnistiel
post Jan 5 2012, 10:20 AM
Post #1

*slowly rising*
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 4 001

Active Squad

I really hope this doesn't fall under the "No devolution etc suggestions".

Anyway, back in the day when the daycare was actually raising exp, my poor Ditto got to level 100 and now I can hardly use it! I have to spend time leveling everything to 100 and in the process my Ditto became half-useless and since I can't obtain another one at level one, why not reset it?

Resetting Pokemon could be done with a rare one-time use item, an option from the drop-down menu or an account upgrade. Using the option/item will cost 1000 and a certain pokemon could be reset only once a month.
"Resetting" a Pokemon will only bring it back to level 1 and 70 happiness, as if it was just hatched, BUT this option can only be used on pokemon in their base form, meaning form-changing and evolved Pokemon won't be resettable. This will be done to prevent abuse and to ensure that there are no errors on a pokemon's timeline, since base pokemon only have /Egg Laid, obtained and hatched/ on it.
*sorry if there are any mistakes, I'm very sleepy =.=*

This post has been edited by Omnistiel: Jan 5 2012, 10:24 AM

--------------------

Have you ever had this dream of falling into an endless abyss? It's funny how short our lives are, how insignificant...
Have you ever had this feeling of detachment, absence, transcendence ... In the end all of those big words are nothing but loneliness.
Have you ever stopped for a second to think how vast the world is, how many secrets it holds, how many will remain hidden for an eternity...

And then the light flashes and suddenly the whole world crumbles around you... and you're saved.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Jan 5 2012, 11:57 AM
Post #2

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

Taken from here
For lvl 100 the pokemon need this amount of steps (provided they're lvl 1, number of steps is rounded UP):

600,000 - 3.300 - 4.950
800,000 - 4.400 - 6.600
1,000,000 - 5.500 - 8.250
1,059,900 - 5.830 - 8.745
1,250,000 - 6.875 - 10.313
1,640,000 - 9.020 - 13.530
2,000,000 - 11.000 - 16.500

Which clearly means that for a pokemon to reach level 100, it needs steps in the pokewalker as shown by numbers. I guess the points are meant to separate the thousands. When you don't have the bicycle you get one step per click, and with the bicycle you get more, I think 1.5 per click on average. So I would argue that leveling up a pokemon isn't really all that hard, and if you don't want to spend time with that pokemon in the pokewalker and clicking, you can breed something else than ditto.

This post has been edited by Tyranisaur: Jan 5 2012, 11:58 AM

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

pumpkinking0192
post Jan 5 2012, 12:32 PM
Post #3

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 141

Active Squad

QUOTE(Tyranisaur @ Jan 5 2012, 10:57 AM) *
Taken from here
For lvl 100 the pokemon need this amount of steps (provided they're lvl 1, number of steps is rounded UP):

600,000 - 3.300 - 4.950
800,000 - 4.400 - 6.600
1,000,000 - 5.500 - 8.250
1,059,900 - 5.830 - 8.745
1,250,000 - 6.875 - 10.313
1,640,000 - 9.020 - 13.530
2,000,000 - 11.000 - 16.500

Which clearly means that for a pokemon to reach level 100, it needs steps in the pokewalker as shown by numbers. I guess the points are meant to separate the thousands. When you don't have the bicycle you get one step per click, and with the bicycle you get more, I think 1.5 per click on average. So I would argue that leveling up a pokemon isn't really all that hard, and if you don't want to spend time with that pokemon in the pokewalker and clicking, you can breed something else than ditto.

I agree with you, but I feel I should point out that these numbers are actually with the Bicycle, so without it the number of clicks needed is 1.5x the given number.

(The points are used abroad - Europe and Australia, I think? - the same way commas are used in America. I believe, and I may be wrong on this, that they also use commas the way we use points, to separate the ones digit from the tenths digit.)

--------------------
+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Jan 5 2012, 12:48 PM
Post #4

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Totally...useless

QUOTE(pumpkinking0192 @ Jan 5 2012, 06:32 PM) *
I agree with you, but I feel I should point out that these numbers are actually with the Bicycle, so without it the number of clicks needed is 1.5x the given number.

(The points are used abroad - Europe and Australia, I think? - the same way commas are used in America. I believe, and I may be wrong on this, that they also use commas the way we use points, to separate the ones digit from the tenths digit.)

The original poster said that the given numbers are in steps, not interactions. Therefore, you need less interactions to get that many steps with the bike.

And yes, I know that points is the standard in Europe, I live in Norway after all, but I just wanted to point it out, to be sure.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Special K
post Jan 5 2012, 05:27 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 846

Active Squad

Ditto is practically useless already wink.gif I mean, it does have that benefit of being able to breed with anything, but pairing up 2 pokemon of any species will breed faster than trying to breed the 1 pokemon with ditto. And snagging an unrelated male/female level 1 of whatever species you want to breed from the shelter would be plenty easier/quicker than leveling something up to 100 JUST for the sake of breeding it with your ditto xD And if for whatever reason you are insistent upon using the ditto anyway, then I agree with the above that it seems fine to have to level up the pokemon in exchange. So I also agree that I just don't really think this is necessary...
+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Jan 6 2012, 03:07 AM
Post #6

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Totally...useless

QUOTE(Rafiki @ Jan 5 2012, 11:27 PM) *
Ditto is practically useless already wink.gif I mean, it does have that benefit of being able to breed with anything, but pairing up 2 pokemon of any species will breed faster than trying to breed the 1 pokemon with ditto. And snagging an unrelated male/female level 1 of whatever species you want to breed from the shelter would be plenty easier/quicker than leveling something up to 100 JUST for the sake of breeding it with your ditto xD And if for whatever reason you are insistent upon using the ditto anyway, then I agree with the above that it seems fine to have to level up the pokemon in exchange. So I also agree that I just don't really think this is necessary...

For pokemon that only have one gender, male, female or genderless, ditto is the best pokemon to breed with.

--------------------

+Quote Post

koolchick
post Jan 6 2012, 07:06 AM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 22 839

Active Squad

Have you actually tried breeding a low leveled pokemon with Ditto? My cousin is breeding a level 3 Slime Slugma with level 100 Slime Marcargo and they breed fine.

There is only Dracowymsey you have to breed with ditto so I don't see point being able to reset pokemon just for 1 pokemon. I'd much prefer being able to obtain 2 or more Ditto.

--------------------

+Quote Post

ThunderMoss
post Jan 7 2012, 03:47 AM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 440

Active Squad

QUOTE(koolchick @ Jan 6 2012, 04:06 AM) *
... I'd much prefer being able to obtain 2 or more Ditto.

Why? I have two but did not think they would breed with each other...

Having a L2 and a L100 does allow one to be more compatible with L1 or L100 ends of the spectrum. However, I just use the pokewalker (and mobile walker) to raise partners to L100 before dispatching to the daycare.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Roscoes Wetsuit
post Jan 8 2012, 12:49 PM
Post #9

Because The Internet
Group Icon

Member No.: 104 202

Favorites

Just so you guys know, Dracowymsy isn't the only one. Don't Beldum and Magnemite have to be used with Ditto since they are genderless?

--------------------
Roscoe's Wetsuit (click to show)
Credit (click to show)
+Quote Post

Manah
post Jan 8 2012, 03:54 PM
Post #10

Made of random and Joltik love / Totally not a fangirl
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 080

Diamond Party

No, you can use any other pokemon from the Mineral group, as long as it has a gender.

--------------------
Pokémon Moon FC: 0877-0881-6378 (Trainer name: June)

~
Buttons made by Arceus Awakened
+Quote Post

Roscoes Wetsuit
post Jan 8 2012, 04:55 PM
Post #11

Because The Internet
Group Icon

Member No.: 104 202

Favorites

QUOTE(Manah @ Jan 8 2012, 12:54 PM) *
No, you can use any other pokemon from the Mineral group, as long as it has a gender.

Ok, nevermind then, I'm against this idea then

--------------------
Roscoe's Wetsuit (click to show)
Credit (click to show)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:33 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.