Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
A Bonanza of Boutiques, Bazaars, and Burglary in Beautiful Barley, Bonzai!
Toogee
post Jul 22 2009, 10:08 AM
Post #1

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

QUOTE(Furoh Blog Entry #2)
Good times in Fidona, Arrival in Barley

I’m happy to say that my Fidona mission was a success. It started out well enough: the forest was amazing and I got some great pictures (check the pichu trio. Adorable!). I made a new friend, a pachirisu named Chi-Chi, who seems to like sleeping in my vest (even as I type this). After running away from a rhydon and almost plummeting off a waterfall, I find this giant tree. I decided to call it the Wooden Skyscraper; perhaps that name will stick. I did not suspect that inside this skyscraper was another forest, almost alien in nature. Mushrooms the size of trees glowed different shades of blue, green and even hot pink! Even with a resident bee pokemon colony, I would love to come back one day. Of course, I couldn’t do it without my team. Turnip and Pivot really pulled through, even Chi-Chi has some fight in her.

Right now, I’m in Barley, looking to hit the stores for supplies. That trip to Fidona made me realize that I could use more stuff. I don’t have any assignments at the moment, so maybe today will be more relaxing. I hear their having a massaging class at the pokemon center, so I’ll let you know how that goes.

I’ve got some things to take care of before then, so until next time…

Pan sent over her blog entry from the computer lab inside the Barley Pokemon Center. She had arrived in Barley quite early; many of the businesses were only just opening up. Turnip was asleep at her feet, Chi-Chi in her vest, and Pivot went back into its pokeball. This helped Pan concentrate on her to-do list as she looked back at the e-mail from her professor.

QUOTE(Professor Stone’s E-mail)
Great job in Fidona! The pictures were enough to justify sending a full scientific team to explore the area. You’ve certainly made the mycology department very happy.

I love your analysis of the symbiotic relationship of the pokemon in and around the "Wooden Skyscraper". The video of beedril-vespiqueen interaction proved very valuable in understanding bee pokemon lifestyle. "That bidoof/bibarel dam insured that the entire environment was possible". I’m in total agreement with that statement.

I have no big assignments for you today, but I would ask you to visit the local chapter of the Pokemon Fan Club. They should have a map of underground access locations across Furoh. I may need you to access the underground for future assignments. This would also be a good time to gather what supplies you need.

Finally, I have a friend who is an editor for Pokemon Picture Magazine, which is basically a monthly picture book. He likes your work and is offering a position as a freelance photographer. You would simply turn in photos every so often and get paid when they appear in the magazine. His email is posted below, so think about it. It would compliment your assignments well.

Think about it,
Professor Stone

She couldn’t believe it: she had only just arrived on the mainland and already she has another job offer. Granted, it was only freelance work, but extra money never hurt anyone. She would definitely think about it, but for now, it was almost time for class and she had one last thing to do.

Pan logged onto her personal account on Item Bank, a website that allowed her to store her stuff to access from any pokemon center or other special computer ports. She opened a special drawer in the computer desk and inserted a bag of dirty laundary inside, a task she had forgotten to do the night before. Closing the drawer, she noticed the warning label plastered on the door: “WARNING: Do not put your baby inside the item drawer!” Pan gave a small chuckle and logged off the computer station.

Putting her wardrobe in Item Bank was the best idea in the history of ideas, in Pan’s opinion at least. She remembered spending the entire day moving everything from socks to jewelry to roller blades into electronic storage. Carrying all of this stuff around Furoh would have been a nightmare. Plus, her parents also had access to the account, which meant they could withdraw dirty clothes and replace them with clean. And they were more than willing to do so for their "little girl".

Pan nudged Turnip with her foot, signaling him it was time to get up. She walked out of the computer lab and took a good look around. This pokemon center was larger than the one in Fidona; it even had a coffee shop. The lounge area had blue couches and chairs, but there was also a series of tables and folding chairs arranged in a C-shape, with a chair and a sign labeled “free PKMN Massage Class” in the middle of the “C”. Tending to this table was an older woman with slightly graying red hair wrapped in a bun. She paced the tables in her long-sleeved emerald green dress, looking intently at her pocket watch. It was almost time to begin.

Pan walked over to the table area when she got a look at her new outfit in the mirror. Though she kept her purple vest, she now wore a dark green T-shirt with the words “Seafoam or Bust” on the front, a white pleated skirt, and her old black sneakers, a bit beat up from years of wear. When in civilization, clothes that have been through the rainforests of Fidona probably wouldn’t do. Besides, it was nice to wear something that didn't reek of dirt and grime, she thought to herself.

On the top of the hour, the woman and green spoke in a somewhat loud accented voice, “Class vill begin soon! Please sign up!” Pan hurried over to the table and took a seat. Others took seats as well, while the teacher started grabbing spectators off the couches and began seating them. “No, you don’t vatch. You do. Come. Now.” This left three empty places on each side of Pan, one to her left, two to her right.

This post has been edited by 2gamers: Jul 27 2009, 09:08 PM

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Rasu
post Jul 22 2009, 12:15 PM
Post #2

Get-A-Load-Of-This-Guy Cam
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 19 272

Active Squad

The sound of waves crashing against the mechanical boat along with the numerous Finneon and Lumineon jumping out of the water to 'greet' the newcomers was relaxing. The port town of Barley could now be seen in the horizon meaning that Andrew had arrived to the Furoh region. Eventually Andrew, holding the sleeping Spheal, Icicle, in his arms, reached dry land and got out of the ferry.

Andrew reached his pocket and took out two Pokeballs and threw them into the air. Both of the colored spheres burst open in a shining flash of white and two figures emerged from the light. One of them was a small raccoon like Pokemon with messy fur, named Kan. The other one was a energetic bird with white, red and dark blue feathers which name was Flick. Andrew poked Icicle making the Spheal wake up suddenly

"Welcome to Furoh, guys! First we have to go to a Pokecenter so that we can get some general information about Furoh and up-grade this Sinnoh map in the Pokecenter computer. Better get started I guess" Andrew informed his Pokemon of his plan for the day. Getting to the Pokecenter wasn't easy without a map of Barley so Andrew asked the way to almost everyone he came across.

After about an hour of searching the group finally found the red roof building. Andrew entered and sat down on one of the blue couches. A small formation of chairs, making a C shape, with a table in the middle occupied a small portion of the Pokecenter. Andrew, with Icicle in his arms, Flick in his shoulders and Kan lying down in the floor next to his feet, observed the group as more and more people joined and sat on the chairs. An old woman, with red hair graying little by little due age, approached the table and said “Class vill begin soon! Please sign up!”.

"Class... Class of what?" Andrew thought to himself. The old woman started to come towards the couches and grabbed Andrew and a few other spectators saying “No, you don’t vatch. You do. Come. Now.”

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jul 22 2009, 06:57 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

And a Golurk

The masseuse quickly led Andrew to a seat to the right of Pan. She looked around the center to fill the extra seats (nearly everyone in the lounge was already recruited). Evidently, she wasn’t used to having empty seats in her classes. They were in one of the most popular cities in Furoh, in a pokemon center likely filled with aspiring coordinators, and no one wanted to learn the fine art of massaging?! Preposterous! She went to grab an assistant nurse, surely she could benefit from her fine art.

“Seriously, I’m on duty!”
“Yes, and your career vill benefit from the fine skills of Vendy, masseuse extraordinaire!”

While she badgered one of the nurses about participating, Pan took a look at her neighbor. He had long brown hair, probably needed a comb in her opinion. Her eyes moved to one of his hands, covered in a bandage. She didn’t know whether it was for an injury or a fashion statement (she had heard that somewhere but wasn’t sure where). She then took a look at the spheal in his arms. Pan hadn’t seen one up close before; she was always curious how it could move around with a body shape like that.

“Excuse me, but may I?” Pan asked inquisitively to Andrew. She reached out to pet Icicle.

This post has been edited by 2gamers: Jul 23 2009, 01:38 PM

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Lucy C
post Jul 24 2009, 11:06 AM
Post #4

Castiel = yummy
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 237

-<3-

A girl lent on the side of the ferry watching the water go by, it was marvellous sight. The girl smiled she had never seen such clear water , even though she had grown by the sea it was nearly almost always cloudy and never like this. The water splashed up the side soaking some of the passengers who had chosen to stand so close to the side. Connie giggled and stood back after the first splash, she was already quite wet and didn't need to be any wetter, she ran a hand through her hair and wandered back over to the chairs and sat down, she had been on the ferry for quite a while and had stood up for most of it.Her pokemon had stayed by her stuff and were currently asleep softly on her bag.

The boat landed with a slight bump waking up her Mareep , called gordon. Connie lent over and stroked him ,soon the marrep fell back to sleep. Taking out her pokeball she returned the pokemon and placed him inside her small bag, which she then swung on to her shoulder. After the chaos that was getting off the ferry, Connie looked around and sighed, this place was all new and she didn't know her way round, that was one of the worst parts of adventures, not knowing but sometimes that was the best part. After much turning in circles the young girl finally spotted a map. Now it wasn't that she didn't have one on her, which she did, but after a small incident involving water it was now a rather unusable map.

" Lemme see " She muttered examining the map " First place first ..is Pokecenter"She ran her finger over the map till she found it. " here we go"Connie grinned and turned round in the right direction it wouldn't be the longest walk in the world.

After a rather long detour an out of breath Connie walked into the pokecenter and collapsed on a chair. Apparently she couldn't read maps very well and had gone in the completely wrong direction and after asking people had had to turn round and come all the way back. She giggled at her self and looked around a sign caught her eye about free lessons then a voice Class vill begin soon came echoing over, it made e young girl jump, she wasn't expecting a voice like that at all. Connie turned around and looked over at the class, 'so that's the free class' she thought quietly to herself. She liked the idea of 'free' but 'classes where not so appealing really.

" Excuse me " she walked over carefully to the lady in charge, the idea of it being free appealed quite a lot. Connie looked over at the people already taking part and smiled, this would be a good opportunity to make new friends over here, since after all the only people she really knew where her pokemon. Not that that was a bad thing but she needed human company as well.

" Can i join this class?" Smiling sweetly she motioned around. There was one seat left but that didn't mean she would get it.

--------------------

~is not really back...but kind of is...~
+Quote Post

Stoicheio
post Jul 24 2009, 12:45 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 218

Rosie's Team

Rosie looked about her wonderingly, a huge grin on her face. She lived near Barley, but she'd never actually visited the port city before. Now, she couldn't imagine why she hadn't. The buildings were taller than any she'd ever seen before, and there were so many people out on the streets! Rosie had never seen this many people in one place in her entire life. And there were so many stores! The girl stopped and peered in the window of one of the shops, looking up at the mannequin in its beautiful orange dress. It was long and fancy, something Rosie would never wear, but it was still beautiful. "And there are even bigger cities than this out there, Lee!" she said happily to the Mareep at her side. "We're going to go and see them all!"

Jubilee snorted and watched the people go by. The sheep Pokemon wasn't at all comfortable with the crowds, and to make matters worse, she hadn't seen very many Pokemon walking about. Trainers with Pokeballs, sure, but it seemed that Pokemon couldn't just roam free here like they couldn't back home. Jubilee stamped a hoof and baa'ed in irritation.

"All right, keep your wool on." Rosie detached herself from the storefront and unfolded her map. "The Pokemon Center is this way." She looked up from the map and scanned the streets doubtfully. "...I think."

One hour and two sets of directions later, the duo arrived at the Center. Rosie immediately took Ranger's Pokeball from her belt and released him. The Nidoran sat up and looked around curiously at the bright lights and the people. This was new! Noticing a group of humans sitting around in another room, his ears perked up. Maybe they had food! Dodging between legs, the little poison Pokemon made his way over to them.

"Ranger!" Rosie hurried after her Nidoran, sheepishly apologizing to people along the way. Jubilee ran ahead of her Trainer, hooves clicking loudly on the tiled floor, and headed off the younger Pokemon with a glare and a snort. Rosie caught up a second later and scooped up the Nidoran in her arms. "Ranger, this is a city!" she scolded. "You can't just go running off like that! It's dangerous!" Ranger snuggled down into her arms and rubbed his head against her chest, relieved to have been rescued from the irritated Mareep. Rosie softened and smiled down at the little creature. "It's okay. Just don't do it again. Now, what's this?"

It was a massage class, the sign proclaimed, and anyone could apparently join for free. Rosie's eyebrows went up. She'd never even considered taking a massage class before, but she did like free things. The woman in charge was off talking to someone else, so Rosie just walked in and found an empty seat. "Excuse me," she said, smiling, to the two people sitting at the table. "May I sit here?" She motioned to the seat to the left of Pan.

--------------------

PANE (click to show)
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jul 24 2009, 01:34 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Wendy stopped arguing with the nurse to hear Connie’s request to join. Finally! Someone who appreciates her work, she thought. “Of course! Please go sit over there. Vee shall begin shortly.” Satisfied with the outcome, the masseuse turned back to the nurse, only to find that the nurse ran off. “Hmpf,” Wendy snorted and went back to her class. With the addition to Rosie, the masseuse was thoroughly satisfied with reaching her class limit.

“Good morning,” she began, “I am Vendy, masseuse extraordinaire from the Furoh Society of Masseuses. Today, you vill learn the basics of massage treatment to your pokemon. It is a very important skill to have, proven to improve mood and happiness of all sorts of pokemon. Now, please sign in and choose one of your pokemon.”

Pan had to choose who would be her practice partner. She would have liked to use Turnip; the bulbasaur had been tense during their recent travels and would probably benefit most. Of course, Turnip was always stubborn at trying new things and a massage would be no different. Pan considered waking the bulbasaur up when Chi-Chi sprang from her vest, standing on the table with arms outstretched to proclaim to the world that she was here.

“Paaaaaaaa…Chi-Chi!” the pachirisu cheered, jumping up and down. Pan wondered if her pokemon got a taste of the coffee across the center, while Turnip secretly smirked, knowing he wouldn’t be bothered for at least a little while.

This post has been edited by 2gamers: Jul 24 2009, 01:47 PM

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Rasu
post Jul 24 2009, 01:35 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Active Squad

Andrew had been dragged from the comfortable blue couch to an hard wooden chair. He then watched the woman trying to presume one of the nurses to join the class. Icicle was equally confused, not really sure of what just happened.

"Wow... I hope she isn't that though at giving massages..." Andrew whispered to the Spheal, who released some kind of laugh in a Pokemon style. Icicle wasn't obviously worried about the city surroundings like some other Pokemon from Andrew's party. He and Andrew had lived in Hearthome City since the day they met making them the best friends. Of course that Hearthome's Pokecenter was nothing compared to this one. It was the biggest one that Andrew had ever seen, having space for the huge healing machine and a coffee shop.

“Excuse me, but may I?” A voice next to Andrew asked. Andrew woke up from his day-dreaming status and turned in the direction of the voice to find a girl petting Icicle

"Eh? Oh! Sure. Don't be afraid, he doesn't bite" Andrew said letting out a small laugh before getting interrupted by a "Grruuu" like sound. "Oh I forgot that I hadn't eat a thing since we left from Canalave... I was so worried about missing the ferry that left for Furoh that I didn't even hadn't time to take break-fast..." He thought to himself while he let the girl pet the Spheal. "My name is Andrew. What's yours?" Andrew asked the girl next to him.

OOC (click to show)

This post has been edited by BloodWolf: Jul 24 2009, 02:27 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jul 24 2009, 02:24 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

And a Golurk

“My friends call me Pan,” she replied. She reached over and started rubbing Icicle’s head and back. She allowed her fingers to flow through the plush fur; the feeling reminded her of a stuffed animal. The warm feeling would surely be an asset in arctic environments, she thought. “He’s so soft,” she said smiling.

“So Canaclave, that’s in…Sinnoh? Hm, never been. Maybe you can tell me about it after this class? I’m trying find a few people to explore this city. We can get scones on the way,” Pan added as incentive for the hungry Andrew. She heard an audible “awww” and looked around. Chi-Chi was staring at Pan in the cutest pout she had ever seen. The pachirisu sat on the table, arms crossed, cheeks puffed, and a stare like a dagger (a very cute dagger). Pan took it as a sign to stop petting the spheal, but she couldn’t resist getting a quick picture of the pose. Chi-Chi relaxed a bit with the attention redirected to her.

FYI (click to show)

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Stoicheio
post Jul 24 2009, 03:14 PM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Rosie's Team

"Ranger, honey," Rosie was saying to the Nidoran. "You know I'd love to massage you, but you are covered in poisonous spikes. Maybe later, 'kay?" The Nidoran went to pout under the table, and Jubilee climbed up in his place. "Don't look so sour, Lee. You've been tense all day."

Burying her fingers in Jubilee's wool, she looked up at the other people at the table. "Awww, what a cute little Pachirisu!" she exclaimed. "So, you two are new around here, too?" she asked Pan and Andrew. "I just got here myself. I'm Rosie. We should all go look around together after we're done here. It sounds like fun!" The girl smiled charmingly, hoping to make some new friends.

--------------------

PANE (click to show)
+Quote Post

Rasu
post Jul 24 2009, 03:47 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Active Squad

"Well, Pan, nice to meet you" Andrew said smiling before continuing "And I guess we could go explore Barley after the class" The masseuse named Wendy approached the table and started the class. Andrew had to choose between Icicle and Kan. Flick was out of question since he was a bird and with his small and fragile bones he could be injured during the massage. Eventually Andrew put Icicle in the ground and picked up Kan, mostly because Icicle was already used to the city, while Kan seemed a bit nervous. He passed his hand through Kan's messy fur, noticing that some of her fur got stuck in his bandage. "I could use some change of bandages..." Andrew said quietly looking to his hand.

A girl with a Mareep, next to Pan, asked us if they were new here. "I just came from Sinnoh so I don't know much about Furoh, so, yep, I'm new here. Oh by the way, cute Mareep" Andrew commented

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jul 24 2009, 06:57 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Pan turned to Rosie upon being addressed. She noticed that, though a young girl, she appeared to know her way around manual labor. Pan smiled in response to the compliment, “Thanks, she likes to think so too,” nodding to Chi-Chi. The pachirisu took Rosie’s comment’s well, doing a little twirl and jumping in joy.

“Well, Rosie, we were just talking about forming a group. I’m a Kanto girl, so I’d love to have a few people around. We’ll get lost together!” Pan laughed. Seriously, Pan thought it would be a good idea to include Rosie; a girl that young probably shouldn’t be traveling the world alone. Pan also noticed the girl between them; she had a strange combination of red and brown hair that couldn’t be ignored. She addressed Connie, “What about you? Would you like to join us after this? And also, what’s up with your hair?” Pan asked, smiling.

Wendy, seeing everyone had chosen a pokemon, brought out a drowzee, who promptly sat in the chair in the middle of the room. “Today, vee shall do the back and the face. For the back, you vant to rub the areas between the shoulder blades and spine.” She demonstrated with her drowzee, rubbing the specified areas with her entire hands. Her fingers hanged off the drowzee’s shoulders; the pokemon was displaying a very goofy smile. He must have been enjoying himself, Pan thought.

Pan had to adjust the technique; a pachirisu was much smaller than a drowzee. She used her thumbs to apply moderate pressure to the specified areas. Chi-Chi gave a low purr, a sign of comfort. Pan was happy for some sign she was doing it right, and turned to Andrew to observe his furry companion and almost equally furry bandage. “You know, you might try gloves.”

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Lucy C
post Jul 25 2009, 05:34 PM
Post #12

Castiel = yummy
Group Icon

-<3-

Connie blinked and stared at Pan , what was up with her hair? She frowned at her as far as she was concerned nothing was wrong with it. She wandered over to a spare chair next to Pan and sighed.Fumbling around in her bag lead to the girl choosing L'amore as her chosen pokemon to massage. The hoothoot landed with a thud on the chair and hooted angrily, Connie giggled, L'amore could be such a clutz sometimes especially after long journeys. Looking over to pan she smiled , her strops were short and she got over them quickly

" I'm Connie, nice to meet you" she flicked her hair out " The hair dye is coming out slowly " Rubbing her roots she sighed and picked up her Hoothoot " Brown is my natural colour" Connie looked at Pachirisu, she had never seen one for real before only ever on TV. She knelt down in front of it and grinned " is this a Pachirisu, I've never seen one before " She held her hand out carefully to make sure the pokemon wasn't going to turn feral on her suddenly and then patted it's head. L'amore had just been dumped on the chair, and she proceeded to stare coldly at the squirrel pokemon .

Connie stood abruptly back up and behind her hoothoot when Wendy began talking, what a weird voice she giggled and patted her L'amore before copying the techniques rather badly. The pokemon did not seem to mind as she closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep. " I do believe i heard an offer of food and a look around" She Smiled at them all in a manner that most people would flee from. " I would love to travel round " and then it was gone and back was a sweet innocent smile " Since i only just got here from Kanto, I'm a Johto girl though always will be"

(( fear my short post)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jul 25 2009, 08:13 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Connie’s hair (click to show)

Pan realized that her comment on Connie’s hair might have come out wrong, so she reitereated: “Er…I mean, I’ve never seen anyone dye it like that. I like it.” Pan wondered how she herself would look with two hair colors. Meanwhile, Chi-Chi was living the dream. Between Connie’s petting and Pan’s massaging, the pachirisu was getting all the attention she believed she deserved. Chi-Chi saw L’amore’s cold stare and stuck her tongue out at the Hoot-Hoot before enjoying her massage.

While Pan was getting the hang of her masseuse skills, she wholeheartedly accepted Connie’s request to join their Barley tour group. She felt happy that she would be in the company of kindred spirits as they pass through the Barley streets. It somewhat reminded her of home, where she and her friends would do pretty much the same thing in Celadon. But enough reminiscing; Pan was almost spacing out in her memories of the past. She still heard Connie talking about Johto though. “Johto, eh? My family visited Olivine one summer. Do they still have that Amphardos in the lighthouse?”

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Stoicheio
post Jul 26 2009, 04:10 PM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Rosie's Team

"Oh, thanks!" Rosie smiled widely at Andrew. Anyone who complimented her Pokemon was okay by her standards. Her fingers were dug deep into Jubilee's thick wool as she tried her best to imitate the others at the table. The Mareep, who had been gazing rather coolly at Chi-Chi, closed her eyes and baa'ed softly in contentment. Rosie looked down at her, glad to see that she was doing something right.

"I'm the only Furoh native here?" she commented, looking around the table. She wouldn't have even been able to tell that any of the others came from elsewhere if they hadn't said so. "That's funny. I've never even met anyone from another country before." And very interesting countries, too, apparently. Rosie wondered momentarily if she seemed provincial to her companions. Well, Pan and Andrew had been very friendly to her so far, and Connie seemed nice. Anyway, she was the native here; maybe she seemed foreign to them!

The girl smiled a little to herself at that thought. Either way, they were all equally new when it came to exploring Barley. Jubilee shifted under her hands, bringing her back out of her thoughts. The others were all doing a different technique now, and she looked towards Andrew and his Zigzagoon for guidance. Her brow furrowed as she noticed his now furry bandage. "Oh, what happened to your hand?"

--------------------

PANE (click to show)
+Quote Post

Lucy C
post Jul 26 2009, 04:29 PM
Post #15

Castiel = yummy
Group Icon

-<3-

Connie's hair (click to show)

Connie smiled " Did they stay at sea crests b and b?" She inquired curious, it would be nice to find somebody who had stayed at her parents place. It would also be a good place to start a connection from, though from them all she could learn a lot as they all seemed to be from somewhere different.

" They still have an ampharos up there, i don't know whether it's the same one or not"She shrugged and continued to massage the hoothoot,L'amore was now greatly enjoying the attention from her trainer she often felt she deserved it more but Connie often spent more time with Gordon that her. Connie looked round the group, 3 girls and 1 guy, she smiled obviously the guy didn't mind being surrounded by girls. She personally didn't but then again she was a girl herself so why should she know?

" So where are we planning on going after this" She looked at Pan as she seemed to be leading the group, personally she wanted to go shopping most of her stuff was soaked from the ferry so she needed to restock. Shopping would also give her a good grasp on what kind of stuff she could get here, hopefully they had just a wide a range as Goldenrod.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jul 27 2009, 05:58 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

And a Golurk

“Sea Crests? I’m not sure; I was eight at the time,” Pan said to Connie. “I remember they had an ice cream machine every weekend in the afternoon. And poor Turnip had a dress-up incident. He was so adorable! I wonder if I still have a picture...” Pan hadn’t thought about that vacation for a very long time; she made a mental note to check out her old pictures later.

As she continued Chi-Chi’s massage all down her back, Pan considered what she wanted to do today, “Well, it depends on what’s around. I definitely want to go to a pokemart and camping supply store. My trip to Fidona kind of depleted my supplies. I also need to visit the pokemon fan club here. Of course, I’m open to anything that catches anyone’s eye.” Though she had errands she had to do, Pan was hoping for something fun to do as well. After all, she had all day.

Meanwhile, Wendy stopped massaging her drowzee and examined the technique of her students. She examined not just the hand movements but also the moods of the pokemon. If they were happy, then perhaps slight mishaps in procedure could slide. The masseuse saw that Pan and Rosie were doing fine. Though Connie seemed to have trouble with technique, her hoot-hoot seemed content so she let it slide. Wendy moved on, but stopped at a young boy with a rattata. The rattata looked as though it were listening to nails on a chalkboard, while the boy was rubbing the middle of his pokemon’s back. Wendy’s face started turning red with anger; he had committed a fatal mistake in the masseuse trade. Needless to say, a scolding was imminent.

“Vat is this?!” Wendy said loudly. Pan looked up to see the spectacle.
“Er, I’m…massaging?” the boy said in a doubtful tone. The masseuse towered over as the boy started to creep back.
“Vat you are doing is rubbing his spine. You stay away from the spine; ‘tis painful to the rattata! Not to mention he could lose the use of his hind legs! Then he vould need a little rattata veelchair. He couldn’t battle or do contests. He’d have to resort to begging on the streets! Then some person will go ‘Ew, a rattata’ and,” illustrating with a stomp of her foot, “SQUASH HIM! Like a bug! In a veelchair! Is that what you vant for your rattata?”
“N-n-n-no...”
“Good. Now go heal your rattata!”

The boy left the table, looking as though he was about to burst into tears. Even the rattata looked frightened. Gee, you’d have to be a pretty cruel person to squash a disabled rattata, thought Pan. She quickly looked away; she didn’t want to be the next victim of Wendy’s ire. Just as she was about to approach Andrew, her cell phone started to ring. Wendy quickly walked to her handbag and answered. “Yes? …Ah, Mr. Smith, is this an emergency? …A contest? In an hour? …Yes I can be there at vonce!”

The masseuse hung up the phone and faced her class, “I regret to say that I must depart early for an emergency appointment. Such is the life of a masseuse extraordinaire! Visit our website for more information.” With that, Wendy held the hand of her drowzee and they teleported out of the building. The only physical evidence that they were there was a pile of brochures about the massage institute left on the chair.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Lucy C
post Jul 28 2009, 11:42 AM
Post #17

Castiel = yummy
Group Icon

-<3-

Connie nodded and shrugged, it was a long time ago. The ice cream machines, she smiled nostalgically , it had been such a long time since she had thought about home and her parents, she had always felt glad to get away and live her dream but standing here she suddenly felt a great longing for them and to be at home snuggled up up in bed. She thought about the photos from back then , she still had them somewhere.Connie looked at L'amore who was staring at her " Remind me to go get those " she muttered.

She looked at pan and smiled " I need to go the mart, or in fact any shop really. My bag got rather wet on the ferry and I lost loads of stuff. " L'amore looked away , she was partially responsible for it. " The fan club thing sounds like fun, I've never been to one before." Connie thought quietly about it, she had often thought of going but had never really found the time to do so. Something was looking for was a contest hall to test her skills in along with a good training place.

" Is there--" she was cut short by Wendy's out burst on the kid.Connie looked over and winced for the boy, that was not something she wanted to happen to her that was for sure. Poor kidshe thought and almost wanted to comfort to him, though she didn't for fear that Wendy would turn on her, she wasn't exactly the best at massaging. She wondered if he knew that he was hurting the rattata she agreed with herself that he didn't.

Connie watched her leave abruptly in shock, what was that she hadn't said anything really and was gone. " hey " Connie called after her, but realised she couldn't hear when she didn't reply. " Wow , so where'd she go then " She turned to look at pan and co " Wanna follow? "

--------------------

+Quote Post

Rasu
post Jul 28 2009, 05:01 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Active Squad

Andrew was trying his best not to hurt Kan while massaging her. From the other side Connie asked him what was wrong with his hand.

"Uh? Oh this? It's nothing, really" Wendy stopped massaging her Drowzee and started checking her students, pointing what was wrong and how to do it. Andrew got surprised by her huge shout at the kid with the Rattata, making him go and heal its Pokemon. When Wendy was about to reach Andrew a phone started to ring. In a few moments Wendy was already holding the hand of her Drowzee and teleporting away.

"I guess that means that the class has ended?" Andrew said in a rather humorous way. "Well! Flick, Kan, time to go back to your PokeBalls!" He held the spheres in his hand, shooting a red beam of energy, that transform the Taillow and the Zigzagoon in energy them selves and got transferred to the respective ball. Icicle, as always, was still outside. He refuses to go to it's own Pokeball, only doing so in cases of emergency. "I need to go to the pharmacy and buy some new bandages... Anyone wants to come?" Andrew asked to the group, waiting for an answer.

OOC (click to show)

--------------------
+Quote Post

Stoicheio
post Jul 28 2009, 10:24 PM
Post #19

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Rosie's Team

Rosie jumped, and then watched with wide eyes as Wendy chewed out a boy with a Rattata. Then, the woman abruptly left, apparently ending the class. Rosie looked at the spot she had teleported from in surprise. Surely this wasn't normal?

The boy with the Rattata still looked upset. Rosie was glad she hadn't gotten yelled at, but she felt sorry for him. She might have gone over to talk to him, but then Andrew stood up with a suggestion to go somewhere else.

"It must be, but that was a strange way to end it." She shrugged. "Well, I'll come with you." It would probably be a quick stop, and it would be nice to see a little more of the city. She stood and summoned Ranger back into his Pokeball. The Nidoran, who had been rather frightened by Wendy, was more than happy to go. Jubilee remained out, as she was accustomed to. Rosie was relieved to see Andrew's Spheal still outside its Pokeball as well; she had wondered if you were allowed to keep your Pokemon out on city streets.

"You wanna come, too?" she asked Pan and Connie. "Maybe we can all get some food afterwards. Didn't you say you were hungry?"

--------------------

PANE (click to show)
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jul 29 2009, 09:11 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

And a Golurk

“Nah, I have better things to do than follow the ‘masseuse extraordinaire’ around town,” Pan replied to Connie, mocking Wendy’s self-given title. “And the pharmacy sounds like a good idea. I should to pick up a first aid kit while I’m there,” she said to Andrew. “But first, since Rosie here pointed it out, I’m a little hungry. Come on, you two.”

Pan urged Chi-Chi and Turnip to follow. The pachirisu took to the safety of Pan’s vest, keeping hidden inside, while the bulbasaur stayed to the side at Pan’s feet. The three made their way to the coffee shop on the other side of the pokemon center. The shop, named Starly’s, was situated in a modest room, with dimmed lighting to provide a calming mood. Behind the counter were two large canisters for coffee with several smaller ones for other ingredients. Pan’s eyes found their target: a glass case full of various pastries: sugar-covered scones, donuts glazed with chocolate and sprinkles, and giant muffins tempted potential customers to add to their orders. In front of Pan, a businessman placed his order.

“Yes, I’ll have a choca mocha chupacabrachino with an extra shot of ElectaBUZZZ.”

The server/cashier, a girl probably still in high school, darted across the work area, filling up coffee, adding whipped cream, some various other liquids, and topping it off with chocolate sprinkles. The man paid for the elaborate drink and left in a hurry, leaving Pan as next in line. She simply asked for a banana nut muffin, her favorite. The server complied and quickly enclosed the item in a brown paper bag.

“There you are. Just make sure those pokemon thieves don’t get a hold of it.”
“Wait, pokemon thieves? Wouldn’t they be going after pokemon” Pan asked curiously, wondering why criminals would be after her muffin.
“No no no,” said the server, “Pokemon that are stealing from people. It happens a lot lately. Food gets snatched right out of your hands!”

Pan thanked the server for the tip and paid for the muffin. She looked to her new friends to see if they wanted to order something.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

When they did go outside the pokemon center, the group would find it a far busier place since they arrived. Shoppers were already on the move, their feet hitting not pavement but wood; this particular section of Barley was a boardwalk. On one side were various stores, from the tiny local shop to the large department store. Signs were arranged so that people could see them straight ahead without looking to their side. Other stores had balloons displayed, signifying that a sale was taking place. Smaller vendors dotted the boardwalk itself, selling jewelry, trinkets, and more in small carts.

On the other side was the beautiful blue ocean. The sound of waves and the cries of wingulls provided the area with its own soundtrack. Large ferries continued their regular routine of sailing through the bay to their next destination. Jet skis zoomed across the water, their riders engaged in a friendly race. The ocean breeze flowed through the boardwalk, giving it the feel of an air-conditioned building.

Just in case (click to show)

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:03 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.