Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
18 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
May Community Thread, Be sure to read the rules before posting!
Kazuko Himura
post May 25 2017, 06:41 PM
Post #321

Art by Yoova
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 243 702

Active Squad

STILL need that shiny, also am taking advantage of Aurora weather and picking up Defense Deoxys. Also hoping to place in the Pokehunt and get that last box (plus the achievement since I've always placed third.)

--------------------
Foobs.

Current Pokemon game goal:
All-ribbon Smeargle
Sites and things (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post May 25 2017, 07:58 PM
Post #322

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

QUOTE(Jade @ May 25 2017, 04:48 PM) *
Any of y'all con-goers? If so, which ones do you like to go to?

I'm not a con-goer, but I totally would be if 1) I kept remembering when/where they are and 2) actually felt like spending the money/time to travel there. I've actually been to San Japan once (along with a few other prominent GPXPlus people), and it was kinda fun. The only thing I'm really into is the artist alley, so otherwise, there's not TOO much in it for me. Cosplays are cool, though. I guess I'm more of a PAX person... hm. Should go to that, actually. oh.gif

We have a few cons in Houston, but I just... never bothered. I think part of it is that a lot of other people are a bit... overexcited about them, and I'm just like "eh, yay cosplays and art~"

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

Snowsky
post May 25 2017, 11:17 PM
Post #323

Malachite pride~
Group Icon

Member No.: 88 905

Team Nando!

QUOTE(Jade @ May 25 2017, 05:48 PM) *

I haven't been to a con before, but I would really really love to. As soon as I can put together a decent cosplay. If only I weren't a lazy cheapskate. And had basic knowledge of sewing. And were about 10 pounds lighter.

My friend went to an anime con (don't remember the exact name) and dressed as Rose Quartz from Steven Universe. She sent me and my other friend photos of the sushi menu. So many fish puns were made that day.

I FINALLY completed Death of the World Run #3, got myself a Grass Arceus egg, and booted up the Deoxys explo for the first time in 4 years. And got my fourth Sky Shard from the pokehunt. And a Houndoominite. Still no shiny Alolan Sandshrew, but Honey+ should fix that.

Things are looking up.

--------------------

i dream in verdant and emerald

+Quote Post

Doctor Octopus
post May 26 2017, 12:11 AM
Post #324

Just your friendly neighborhood supervillain.
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 632

The Sinister Six

sidles in

hey

dunno if any y'all will remember me since i haven't been consistently active in... years? at least two or three, probably more?? either way my activity's kind of been "play for 3 days, drop it for 3 months, rinse, repeat" for a good long while.

figured i might as well come in and say hi on one of those upticks though. i still have a lot of fond memories of gpx/gts; picking gpx back up feels a little like coming home, in a way. weird, i guess, but when you spend every bit of your spare time for a couple years on it... /shrug

to contribute to the conversation re: cons tho
i've never personally been to one, although there's one that happens relatively local to me that i should probably hit up at this point. i've missed my chance for this year since it starts uhhhhh tomorrow, but there's always next year. i've even already got a pretty good dr. horrible outfit that i could wear to cosplay if i wanted to.

in a dream world, i'd go to rtx in austin but uh. haha. sweat.gif

--------------------

GTS/GPX+'s resident inactive supervillain.
I go by Doc, Otto, and Doc Ock, whichever strikes your fancy.

old, out of date signature things (click to show)
+Quote Post

Esc
post May 26 2017, 12:56 AM
Post #325

Account Upgraded | Title Enabled
Group Icon

Member No.: 114 649

Active Squad

Never been to a con, but would love to go to one!

Also, E3 IS SO CLOSE. I'm extremely excited too see all the games shown off at the event, and really interested in seeing the Scorpio.

The Arceus exploration is gonna be the death of me noes.gif Hopefully the multipliers help over the weekend.

--------------------

Thnx Moonlit

Proud Member of the KotRt & Shiny Lovers Redux! & Blue Moons!

+Quote Post

Eponadis
post May 26 2017, 01:27 AM
Post #326

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 44 968

Some Favorites

I've never been to a convention yet, even though I would like to.
But than again.. imagining I'd dress up as the Dark Magician Girl from Yu-Gi-Oh.
I think I'm more comfortable staying at home, reading and watching reviews of conventions. angel.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

PokeNOM NOM NOM
post May 26 2017, 10:17 AM
Post #327

Spriter / Writer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 99 214

Active Squad

@ Doctor Octopus: Hi! Good to see you around again!
Hope you've been well!

On the subject of fidget spinners, almost all the kids I teach have them.
They're cool little things, even though most of them work as a distraction more than a soothing thing.
I had the chance to try some of them out, I liked just spinning them (don't know any of the nifty tricks the kids can do with them, though).

I went shopping for some plants and pots for around the house.
Maybe I didn't get as much as I planned to, but I'm happy with what I got, including some adorable tiny magnet pots for tiny plants to stick to my fridge and pots that will hang from my balcony.

--------------------

Check out my GPX+ profile
to find out what I've contributed so far!

'Counterbalanced'
+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post May 26 2017, 12:43 PM
Post #328

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

QUOTE(Jade @ May 25 2017, 04:48 PM) *

Nope, never been. There's precious little conventions in Ireland anyway. Although, my university does host a couple throughout the year, so if I'm around on weekends next year I'll probably visit those!

QUOTE(Doctor Octopus @ May 26 2017, 06:11 AM) *
figured i might as well come in and say hi on one of those upticks though. i still have a lot of fond memories of gpx/gts; picking gpx back up feels a little like coming home, in a way. weird, i guess, but when you spend every bit of your spare time for a couple years on it... /shrug

Hey Doc, you should chat in the discord more grin.gif
I very much know how you feel there though. I've had a GPX+ tab pinned in my browser for at least the last six years, maybe seven - it's really my homepage on the internet, I leave it open when I'm not looking at any other page. Don't know what I'd do if it were gone at all.

On that note, I've actually been doing some clicking today - I'm trying to really take advantage of the Honey+ and, if not hatch a shiny, at least get to 450 eggs. I'm totally uninterested in any of the shinies on offer, but I am interested in potential prizes, so it's worth doing.
I also started an exploration because it's a good way to get me to click if I feel like I'm making progress on something. That said, can I get some berries here? happy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Eponadis
post May 26 2017, 01:57 PM
Post #329

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Some Favorites

Yes, the Honey+ comes in quite nicely!
Scratching one more Mega Stone from my list and also -since I was playing a lot today - around noon my time I noticed that the 250 eggs a day achievement no longer seemed impossible for me. Almost done now (235/250) and got a sweet shiny Togepi on the way. konata.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Gryphaena
post May 26 2017, 03:24 PM
Post #330

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 103

My Purple Ones

I donated a Shellderboy egg to the Shelter!

I hope someone needs one.

--------------------
Avatar by Cycloneblaze at Cycloneshop II

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
+Quote Post

Jade
post May 26 2017, 03:25 PM
Post #331

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 58 868

My Favorites

QUOTE(Synx Itax @ May 25 2017, 05:58 PM) *
I'm not a con-goer, but I totally would be if 1) I kept remembering when/where they are and 2) actually felt like spending the money/time to travel there. I've actually been to San Japan once (along with a few other prominent GPXPlus people), and it was kinda fun. The only thing I'm really into is the artist alley, so otherwise, there's not TOO much in it for me. Cosplays are cool, though. I guess I'm more of a PAX person... hm. Should go to that, actually. oh.gif

We have a few cons in Houston, but I just... never bothered. I think part of it is that a lot of other people are a bit... overexcited about them, and I'm just like "eh, yay cosplays and art~"

The artist alley and dealer's room are actually the main (read: only) reason I go xD I tend to overspend when I go which is why I'm like "Should I REALLY do three this year?" I think at Boston - not including most food or plane - I spent $800 in the artist alley/dealers. but I really enjoy going and see artwork and... buying more stuff xD

QUOTE(Snowsky @ May 25 2017, 09:17 PM) *
I haven't been to a con before, but I would really really love to. As soon as I can put together a decent cosplay. If only I weren't a lazy cheapskate. And had basic knowledge of sewing. And were about 10 pounds lighter.

I used to cosplay but personally, it tends to be more hassle then it's worth xD Especially if it's A. cold or B. hot - which Boston was cold and AX is SO HOT OMG. Last year it was peeking over the 100s; But as far as it goes, you might be able to find ready-made costumes on eBay and stuff that how I did a lot of mine because I equally can not sew. Otherwise, don;t let anything else hold you back! cosplaying is all about having fun.

Alola vulpix is kicking my ass. 1335 eggs so far OTL. I'm actually worried, I may not be getting a prize this time if she doesn't hatch over the next few days.

--------------------
Follow Shay-Shay's flight and he will bring you to a place where eggs and Pokemon need much love.
Shaymin cares, do you?

+Quote Post

Doctor Octopus
post May 26 2017, 07:37 PM
Post #332

Just your friendly neighborhood supervillain.
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 632

The Sinister Six

QUOTE(PokeNOM NOM NOM @ May 26 2017, 08:17 AM) *
@ Doctor Octopus: Hi! Good to see you around again!
Hope you've been well!

ayyo nom! been doing good, just chugging along at work. how about you?

QUOTE(Cycloneblaze @ May 26 2017, 10:43 AM) *
Hey Doc, you should chat in the discord more grin.gif

oh i'm. i'm still in the discord aren't i

oops-a-doodle i completely forgot about that lmao whoops...........

i might pop in there later tonight, idk. depends on how much i want to focus on watching matt murdock gets beaten up: the tv show daredevil. (i'm super late w/ watching season 2, i know, it's just. hard to handle a lot at once when yr fave character is also coincidentally the one that gets absolutely wrecked every single episode)

i've made moderately good use of the multiplier and honey+ today though- short little breaks to hatch eggs and refill my party at work's led to over 80 eggs hatched. mostly alolan vulpix, but with a few magma totodiles sprinkled in there too. my daycare pair has been kind to me today.

by the by, since i've been gone for a while- has there been any official announcement as far as the release of alolan pokes? i can't help but notice that there are still a handful missing and it's made me curious. no rush, of course! i of all people know what it's like to have real life just sort of muscle literally everything else out of the picture. :I

--------------------

GTS/GPX+'s resident inactive supervillain.
I go by Doc, Otto, and Doc Ock, whichever strikes your fancy.

old, out of date signature things (click to show)
+Quote Post

Eponadis
post May 27 2017, 01:42 AM
Post #333

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Some Favorites

QUOTE(Doctor Octopus @ May 27 2017, 02:37 AM) *
by the by, since i've been gone for a while- has there been any official announcement as far as the release of alolan pokes? i can't help but notice that there are still a handful missing and it's made me curious. no rush, of course! i of all people know what it's like to have real life just sort of muscle literally everything else out of the picture. :I

There has been no announcement regarding upcoming releases of more Alola Pokémon. At least none that I have seen anywhere.
During the last months we have had events that gave out vouchers as well as some (Tapu Koko, Tapu Fala, Jangmo-o) being handed out with the monthly distribution event.
I am curious when we will have the next batch but I think it's quite nice to have them slowly released in batches. More times to enjoy the release lol.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Gryphaena
post May 27 2017, 07:41 AM
Post #334

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

My Purple Ones

Donated another Shellderboy egg.

I hope someone needs one!

--------------------

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
+Quote Post

Asbel Lhant
post May 27 2017, 07:52 AM
Post #335

King of Zinogre
Group Icon

Member No.: 139 518

Active Squad

I've had a very busy week and now I'm off for the weekend! I really needed this weekend off to relax, work has been absolutely crazy. I'm going to be doing a bit of cleaning today that is desperately needed. I'm making a pot of soup today as well, it'll be awesome once I'm done. I'm also going to be making some chocolate pudding pie later today, I just need to get a couple more things from the store first.

Well the Deoxys exploration took me forever to finish. I only had mobile for over half of it. The last task I used on my laptop, clicking 3000 Pokemon on mobile would have taken forever. I wish that mobile had better options for interacting with Pokémon, it goes by much faster on mobile than it does on my laptop some days.

Not much luck with my second Alolan Sandshrew hunt yet. I haven't really had a lot of time this week hatching eggs, work was so busy that I just chilled when I got home from work. I'm not overly bothered if I don't get it, I've already won the prize. I hope those who haven't gotten their shiny yet that they get it soon.

--------------------
Zoom
+Quote Post

eevee64
post May 27 2017, 09:10 AM
Post #336

Trouble Buster
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 574

Bird is the word

QUOTE(Jade @ May 26 2017, 05:48 AM) *

I love going to anime cons eyes.gif My sister and I used to cosplay, but we lost interest in doing that after a couple of years. Now I just love walking around seeing all the cosplays, buying merch and meeting special guests. I also have to admit that artist's alley is where most of my money goes into as well haha. We have three cons a year in WA, Supanova, Madman Anime Festival and Oz Comic Con. I'll always go to Supanova, it tends to have lots of good special guests there, and MadFest is pretty cool too. I don't always go to Comic Con though, as it is a bit less anime oriented.

Is anyone else playing Magikarp Jump? I know it's a very simple game, but it's had me addicted since it came out on Thursday xD I managed to catch the golden Magikarp on my second fish, but it promptly got stolen by a Pidgeotto in a random event. I was sad :P

I've also been playing Fire Emblem Echoes, and I'm really loving it cat.gif I like that some of the game mechanics are a bit different to that of Awakening and Fates.

--------------------

mareep.gif .: My Anime List .:. What the Flock?! .:. tumblr :.mareep.gif
trinkets (click to show)

stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

PokeNOM NOM NOM
post May 27 2017, 09:18 AM
Post #337

Spriter / Writer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 99 214

Active Squad

QUOTE(eevee64 @ May 27 2017, 04:10 PM) *
Is anyone else playing Magikarp Jump? I know it's a very simple game, but it's had me addicted since it came out on Thursday xD I managed to catch the golden Magikarp on my second fish, but it promptly got stolen by a Pidgeotto in a random event. I was sad :P

Started playing today!
It's so cute, I've unlocked four different patterns now. I raised two golden Magikarps so far. *_*
Curious to see more patterns, so I'm guessing I'll be checking in with that game quite frequently over the next few days.

@Doc: I've been doing well, thank you! c:
Do you have a new job?

--------------------

Check out my GPX+ profile
to find out what I've contributed so far!

'Counterbalanced'
+Quote Post

Gryphaena
post May 27 2017, 11:07 AM
Post #338

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

My Purple Ones

I just donated two Shellderboy eggs.

I hope someone needs them!

--------------------

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
+Quote Post

Eponadis
post May 27 2017, 01:14 PM
Post #339

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Some Favorites

QUOTE(eevee64 @ May 27 2017, 04:10 PM) *

I just started today after seeing the advertisement in the latest newsletter. It seems quite simple but I haven't given up yet. I adore Magikarp since the first game release.
I got a golden on the 4th fishing (2nd try on 3rd generation actually).
Never had the Pidgeotto event yet and wouldn't like to loose my shiny Karp. At least it's already grown up.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Luneon
post May 27 2017, 01:40 PM
Post #340

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

QUOTE(Jade @ May 25 2017, 11:48 PM) *

Yes and no
I'm not a hardcore con-goer but in 2016 I went to Animecon (yes uncreative name ikr...) and it was quite a lot of fun.
Heard that the people involved with Kagepro(also Mekakucity Actors) will have a booth there this year so I might attend this year as well.
I'm not sure yet... Really depends on my tax returns this year.

-----------------------------------
QUOTE(Esc @ May 26 2017, 07:56 AM) *
Also, E3 IS SO CLOSE. I'm extremely excited too see all the games shown off at the event, and really interested in seeing the Scorpio.

I'm excited as well due to rumors of a 3DS succeeder.

----------------------------------
QUOTE(Cycloneblaze @ May 26 2017, 07:43 PM) *
On that note, I've actually been doing some clicking today - I'm trying to really take advantage of the Honey+ and, if not hatch a shiny, at least get to 450 eggs. I'm totally uninterested in any of the shinies on offer, but I am interested in potential prizes, so it's worth doing.

I hatched a shiny a few days ago so at the moment I'm using the pliers to perhaps hatch a second
Since I like all 3 I put them on a side hunt list.

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 12:45 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.