Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
The Judged
Kamaitachi
post Sep 5 2011, 07:17 PM
Post #1

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

Clutching his duster closer to himself, Taggarty Lee walked with long, purposeful strides through the fairly calm desert terrain. In fact, the aforementioned clutching of his duster was not really necessary, as the desert wasn't really that harsh today, but Tag really didn't enjoy the sand blowing every which way, all over him.

He, luckily, had chosen a fairly short path towards the town of Aridana, through the Aridana Desert, but even still, he wasn't enjoying the trip. The trainer kept a weary eye out for any wild pokemon, mostly for those who would attempt to attack him in their territory, but so far he'd seen only a few Sandshrew and Sandslash disappearing into the ground, and the occasional Graveler in the distance. Those appeared to want to be left alone, so Taggarty Lee obliged them. He wasn't in the mood to go upsetting pokemon in their natural habitat today, not unless he absolutely had to.

He knew there were pokemon from the Gible and Trapinch lines in the desert, but he had absolutely no interest in seeking them out. After his last stint as a Dragon Trainer, he simply didn't have the heart to take up the mantle of Dragon Taming again. Life as a regular pokemon trainer suited him better now, and with his newfound humility, he'd taken less vainglorious risks, and held less stubborn pride. Sure, elements of his old life still remained with him, but they were a lot calmer now. One main proponent of this was his battle style: Taggarty Lee used to favour overwhelming power, utilizing his Dragon pokemon for all out offensives. Now, his team relied almost more on trickery and proper strategy than brute force. He'd grown since his days as a Dragon Trainer, and adding a Dragon Pokemon back to his team could potentially revert him back to his old ways.

While lost in thought, he subconciously clasped the piece of metal around his neck. The small shard of metal was all that remained of the Dragon Talisman that Tag once proudly wore. It was a painful reminder of his actions, of his foolishness, and of his sins. Capturing a Dragon Pokemon would not revert him back to his old ways, he decided, but rather the guilt at raising new dragon pokemon to replace his old would crush him with guilt and grief. He couldn't find it in him to betray his old friends, even if they didn't know it.

Before long, he arrived at the oasis town of Aridana, sans incident. His dark little reverie had somewhat hastened the trip, as he'd been in an almost zen-like trance the entire way. At least he'd avoided any confrontation, and he could look around for any clues that Raven Amaranth had been here. Even if she were traveling incognito, or trying not to be found, surely there'd be stories about a girl with a very intimidating Croconaw, or a beautiful black and white, but blind, Vulpix. A small smile crossed his face as he thought about Requiem and A Capella. Requiem was probably pleased that Tag had vanished from Raven's life. Aria, Forte and A Capella might've missed him, maybe.

Arriving at the Pokemon Center, Tag approached the computer, thinking that in an environment filled with ground pokemon, Tonbo might've been a better choice. He brought up the screen to switch out his Poochyena, Zuki, with his Slowpoke, Tonbo.

"Hey Tag!"

A face appeared on the screen, as if by magic. Bright, intelligent blue eyes behind wire framed glasses, a full, shaggy beard, complete with a shaggy hair-do; these traits indicated that an old friend of Tag's was talking to him via computer.

"...Edwin?"

"Long time no see! I see you've taken up Pokemon training again."

"Yeah." Tag blinked awkwardly. "How'd you know?"

"Well, your Slowpoke got sent over here to Blackthorn, since this is where you were originally registered to be a trainer." Edwin smiled "And I'm the one who works the storage lab here. I'm the head tech! But all the dragon tamers call me 'Operator', since I basically switch out their pokemon for there. All my studies to be a Pokemon Researcher, and this is the only job I could land. It's okay, though."

Tag didn't remember ever having a little storage lab over at Blackthorn, but then again, he never used it. Times had also changed in his few years absence, and the proud trainers of Blackthorn probably thought it better to keep their Dragon pokemon close to home. It ultimately didn't surprise him in the least.

"Imagine my surprise when a Slowpoke belonging to Taggarty Lee appeared at the reception station. Not only was there a non-dragon Pokemon, but it belonged to an exile!"

"It's..." Tag paused, not quite sure what to say "It's good to see you again, Ed. Sounds like you're doing well."

"Sounds like you're doing better. Two badges over in Furoh? 7 pokemon?" Edwin appeared to be pulling up a file on the trainer on his end of the screen. "So when you logged in to swap out, I managed to catch you in time to place this call. Technology is pretty nifty, huh? Says you're over in Aridana."

"Yeah, it's a desert, so I thought I'd need a water type-"

"Nah, you're fine, Tag." Edwin smiled brightly "You've got a Bellossom who can easily handle them. And a Snorunt, according to your file. But hey, do me favour. I've seen Slowpokes before, same with most of your team. I've never seen a Snorunt or a Poochyena in person before, so would you mind sending them over for a little while? I'll send your Slowpoke back over."

"Oh. Okay." Tag blinked. "Sure. Anything for an old friend."

Within moments, the transfer was complete. Tag had sent over Orin and Zuki, and received Tonbo in return.

Line up Change! (click to show)

"Thanks Tag. Let me do a little research on them. Give me until...say, this evening. That should be plenty of time."

"Pleasure, Ed." Tag allowed himself a soft smile. Something about seeing an old face from years past...he couldn't tell whether or not to feel happy or sad. Ed hadn't mentioned the tattoos on his face, but he was sure that the young man had seen them. They were pretty hard to miss, and there probably wasn't a person in Blackthorn who didn't know the story. Tag figured that he'd been turned into some sort of Bogeyman Legend. He was probably some cautionary tale to warn children against having too much pride and arrogance. "I'll be seeing you."

"Take care, Tag! Best of Luck over in Furoh!"

"Hey Ed...you haven't told anyone that I'm here, right?"

"Uh..." Ed looked a bit uncomfortable, and he fidgeted with his glasses nervously. "I told your parents, and I'm sure they've told a person or two."

That meant the entire town knew.

"They miss you, Tag. You should give them a call some time."

"I'll be sure to do that." He sighed. He was surprised to hear that one. His parents had been right at the forefront of his punishment. The Family's sterling reputation in Blackthorn had been ruined, and Tag wasn't sure if they'd ever really wanted to see him again, let alone hold a chat. "Good Morning, Edwin. I'll see you later."

"Good Morning, Tag." Edwin nodded, the screen blinking out.

Tag sighed as he stepped back out of the Pokemon Center, ready to begin the search for Raven. His heart felt a bit heavy, mixing some level of relief with an equal, if not greater, amount of painful nostalgia. He didn't like looking back into his past, but there it was, having a nice chat with him. He would've preferred if he never had to deal with it ever again, but, like all things in one's past, this, too, had to be confronted sooner or later.

Priorities, though, dictated that he regain a piece of his present, and thereby, hopefully, securing a piece of his future. The hunt for Raven Amaranth was back on.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Wildivlax
post Sep 5 2011, 08:48 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 56 338

Felisha's Team!

Vernon Blazena wandered around Aridana, carefully holding and caressing his egg that would hatch into who knew what, wondering what he could do. As he passed by the Pokemon Center, he decided to go in. He entered into the magnifiscent building, adorned with a red roof and floors the color of golden amber.

"Good morning, Nurse Joy," Vernon said groggily, stiffling a yawn and covering his mouth, still half asleep, as he had only woken up about five minutes before, "Could you check the status of my egg again, please?" Vernon handed over the egg, hoping that finally, this time, she would say that it should hatch very soon. Seeing as he visited every day at least twice, he figured she give him the usual response of indeterminable.

He watched her take the Egg in back, his vision blurry. He had her do the examinations so many times, he could them himself exactly the way she did. By the time she got back however, he had fallen asleep standing, his head lolling to the side, snoring gently. "Excuse me, Vernon," Joy said happily, waking him up enough to listen to what he thought would be the usual, though giving no indication whatsoever of waking other then stopping snoring. "The tests show that the Egg should hatch very soon, perhaps even in a day or two, by the looks of it." Vernon's head head snapped up so quickly and unexpectedly, Nurse Joy let out a yelp.

"Really?!" Vernon said, while she nodded. He would have kissed her if it weren't for the immobile counter with a fragile Egg that stood between them. He did a small victory dance and took the Egg off the counter carefully. He ran off, calling back a thank you.

As he darted out of the Pokemon Center, Vernon nearly ran into a large, intimidating, tatoo-covered man. But, he was obviously a Trainer, so Vernon decided to challenge him to a battle. "Hi, I'm Venro, but you can call me Luck Truck if you want," Vernon said, going faster then a greased lightning bolt on steroids with a horsepower of more then 1000000 going over very slick ice covered in millions and millions of tiny marbles with 100 nitro boosters attached that is also spinning insanely fast while on the way to a meeting that determines whether it goes to heaven or hell depending on how late or early it was, "What's your name? Do you want battle, sir? Do you? Please? I'm a novice, so I bet you'll beat me anyway, but I still want to try. So, please?" Vernon finished, taking a huge gulp of air to reinflate his lungs that were depleated down to the size of a marbel.

Before anything could happen, though, there was a cracking sound. Vernon looked down at the Egg to see it was hatching. "Oh my..." He murmured. There was a soft cry of, "Riolu" when a glowing emerged from the Egg. And there, laying in Vernon's arms, was a Riolu that was looking up at him, smiling. "Rio! Lu! Lu!" It jumped up and hugged Vernon around the neck and he embraced it back like his own child.

--------------------
Awesome And Funny Quotes (click to show)

Rank 28 overall poster
Aug. 19 2009 rank 4 poster
Oct. 22 2009+dec. 23 2009+June 25 2010 rank 16 poster
March 22 2010 rank 13 poster
March 31 2010 rank 8 poster
June 26 2010 rank 7 poster
December 28 2013 rank 2 poster
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Sep 5 2011, 09:13 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Tag, just about to begin his search, found himself immediately halted by a hyperactive child who was overloading on metaphors.

"Ven...ro..." Tag repeated slowly, finding the name rather odd. "Luck Truck." He didn't particularly like the idea of calling a kid 'Luck Truck', as part of him thought the name almost...vulgar...for a child.

Venro, the hyperactive child, then launched a barrage of questions, which took a second for Tag to process. As he was about to give his reply, the egg the child was holding miraculously hatched.

Tag caught himself smiling, now remembering the time that Suzu had hatched from her egg, and he immediately recognized the bond of brand new pokemon and trainer.

He wasn't quite sure whether or not he wanted to accept a battle with such a young kid, but he felt honour bound to respond. He was a Pokemon Trainer, after all, and couldn't really turn down encounters, especially when the opponent all but had a large exclamation point over his head.

"I'll accept your challenge." Tag nodded. This would be a good chance to see if he could hold back in his battles, especially with his newfound goal of wanting to build his own Pokemon School. This was surely a good test as to whether or not he could help teach and rear young, hyperactive children like 'Venro', without losing his temper.

Since they were directly in front of a pokemon center, Tag saw no harm in having the fight, since they could easily move in to get their pokemon healed. In the mean time, he opted to move it away from the door, indicating a fairly open spot.

He moved over, indicating that Vernon should take the spot opposing him.

"You'll promise me you won't use that Riolu to fight. He's a newborn, after all. By all means, though, allow him to watch." Tag nodded, then reached to his belt, drawing out the pokeball for Suzu.

The Ledian appeared on the field with a soft buzz, dutifully taking her position on the field, floating in the air before Vernon. Suzu was by far the most gentle of Tag's pokemon, and her disposition was definitely suited for training younger, less experienced pokemon in battle.

"Take it easy, okay, Suzu?" She nodded once in reply, without relaxing her airborne stance.

"First move is yours, Venro." Tag called across the field, as his hands dipped into his pockets in his signature battle stance.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Wildivlax
post Sep 5 2011, 09:59 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Felisha's Team!

"Oh! Sorry, but I talked so fast, I mispronounced my name! I'm Vernon, not Verno," Vernon called out, "Hm... Flying and Bug, so I choose you Zora!" He tossed up a Pokeball out of which came Riolu, whom giggled.

"Zora! Use Scratch!" Vernon called out, then muttering, "So long as she isn't hit by an attack, the illusion will stay and he won't guess it!"

Riolu was surprised to see another Pokemon like itself. "Oh yeah! You need a name! How about Indiana Jones?" Vernon inquired. Jones laughed and nodded.

--------------------

Rank 28 overall poster
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Sep 5 2011, 10:11 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Tag and Suzu both seemed a little surprised by the choice in Pokemon. It wasn't the Riolu that Vernon had just hatched, so perhaps the kid was training two or more of them.

In any case, he had chosen a pokemon that resisted Suzu's bug type, but was weak against her flying type.

Then, something struck him a little funny. As far as he could remember, he didn't recall any Riolu ever knowing the move "Scratch". Riolu was a fighting type, and one that relied on its martial arts, rather than claws, for the most part. Something about the pokemon was off, but Tag didn't have enough knowledge of Unova pokemon to know that this was Zorua.

"Suzu, Reflect." Suzu clapped her four hands together, then drew them apart, forming a rectangular barrier in front of her that shimmered in its translucent yellow glory. Suzu sat comfortably behind this new shield, waiting for the enemy 'Riolu' to attack again. "Let's see what sort of trainer you are, Vernon." Tag watched the young trainer carefully, to see if he could figure out anything about how his mind worked. Perhaps the little cowboy had a trick or two up his sleeve. The prospect of a slightly more challenging battle tickled Tag, and he prepared himself for Vernon and Zora's next move. By his guess, due to his raised defenses, it would be a buff or debuff technique, and that was when the battle would commence in full.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Wildivlax
post Sep 6 2011, 07:59 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Felisha's Team!

"I've been stuck against this before, so I know what to do," Vernon said confidently, "Zora! Leer! Then Pursuit!" Indiana Jones sat, transfixed. He decided to try and battle, so he jumped up and ran up as fast he could, wanting to imitate Scratch, but ending up using Quick Attack. "Indiana Jones! No! Wait!"

But, he was already turning around behind Suzu and leaping up, with no barrier to stop him. Meanwhile, Zora bounced off the shield and stared at Suzu with a death-stare. Once the barrier went away, she chased after Suzu.

((Sorry if the part about the barrier going away is god-modding. If needed, I will change it.))

--------------------

Rank 28 overall poster
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Sep 6 2011, 09:42 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

((If you think it's god-modding, it usually is. No worries, though, as my move changes the whole thing up a bit. For future reference: Leer would lower Suzu's defense, not remove the light screen barrier.))

Suzu remained calm, even as the fierce Leer from the Zora-Riolu met her own cool glance. As soon as the leer had finished, Tag's voice rang out clearly across the battlefield.

"Suzu, Encore." The seasoned trainer was quite convinced that he wasn't, in fact, fighting a Riolu of any sort; they didn't typically learn too many dark-type moves. It couldn't have been a Ditto, so he left it up to some new ability that he hadn't seen or heard of before.

Before Zora could launch into a pursuit, Suzu's encore had taken hold as she clapped cheerfully for her enemy. In lieu of the commanded pursuit attack, Zora would instead launch another leer.

However, the new Riolu, Indiana Jones, sprang into the battle with a quick attack, which was more Riolu-like than the original Riolu. Tag watched as the newborn bounced virtually harmlessly off of Suzu, who faltered in the air a bit, but nevertheless remained stalwartly in the air. Gently, she floated down and scooped the Riolu up, transporting Jones back over to Vernon, where she deposited him neatly on the ground.

"Ledi. Di-yan." It sounded gentle, but stern, as if she were administering a warning to the young pokemon. Suzu's maternal instincts had taken over once again. Once it seemed that the Riolu had learned its lesson, Suzu moved back onto the field.

"Guess it's my turn, since Zora just used leer again." Tag shrugged. Encore was one of his favourite moves, and it had once again been used to its full, devastating effect. "Suzu, use Supersonic."

The bug pokemon positioned herself in front of the leering Zora and let loose a shrill sound, the ultrasonic wave moving swiftly at the Illusion-Riolu, attempting to confuse it.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Wildivlax
post Sep 6 2011, 09:53 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Felisha's Team!

"You ok, Jones?" Vernon said. Jones nodded. "Zora! Return! Go! Razor! Return! Indiana Jones!" Jones ran out just after the Tepig bounced in and out. "Come back!" He ran back, confused. "Go! Zora!" Out popped a Tepig this time. This stradegy, which Vernon called The Quick Switch Confusion Illusion, was one he used rather often in a way to confuse his opponet. "Now! Pursuit!" The Tepig charged at Suzu, ready to move with it.

--------------------

Rank 28 overall poster
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Sep 6 2011, 10:02 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Tag frowned, the kid had no battle etiquette whatsoever.

"Normally, recalling and sending out a new pokemon costs you a turn. That move you just pulled is illegal in official matches." The older man shook his head as the Tepig appeared, disappeared, then reappeared. "Not to mention, you gave your strategy away by using your pokemon's nicknames out loud. Didn't you think I'd pick up on which pokemon's name were which?"

He watched as Zora, now a Tepig, jumped up into the air to strike at Suzu, who calmly weathered the attack once again. Suzu, a much more experienced pokemon, was dealing with the attacks in a way that Tag expected she would. Using pursuit once again in such a fashion was bold, seeing as Pursuit was most effective when the enemy pokemon was retreating. But, the Riolu-turned-Tepig Zora was using dark type attacks again, perhaps it was a dark-type pokemon.

"Suzu, Bug Bite."

The Five-Star Pokemon lanced forward after accepting the Pursuit attack, ready to chomp down heavily on the Fire-Pig, that curiously was not using any fire-attacks against the Bug-type Suzu. If, however, Tag's suspicions were correct, and the shapeshifting Zora was actually a dark-type, then the Bug Bite attack would be extra effective.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Wildivlax
post Sep 7 2011, 09:22 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Felisha's Team!

Luckily, Zora somehow held on. She glew purple and became her true self, a Zorua. She giggled. "Just curious: does your Ledian know any Water type moves?" Vernon called across. "Anyway... Zora, return! Go! Razor!" Out came a Tepig. "Oh! And sorry about that... Forgot this wasn't a street battle... I occasionally do one or two, but not often. So I guess it's your turn." Vernon chuckled and rubbed the back of his head.

--------------------

Rank 28 overall poster
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Sep 7 2011, 09:52 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

The ghost of a smile crossed Tag's face. A small part of him started to actually enjoy the battle. Even though Vernon was clearly outclassed, he definitely had some spunk behind him. Tag wasn't particularly teaching him anything, and the kid didn't really seem to be picking anything up, but who knew? Maybe Vernon was actually learning a thing or two.

"You don't always need to go for the type advantage." Tag shrugged, then without breaking stride, or even raising his voice, he simply uttered: "Mach Punch."

To be fair, Suzu had many more powerful moves in her arsenal, but Tag was, admittedly, going a bit easier on the young trainer. True, it wasn't an official match, but unless his life was on the line (as it had been many times in the past), Tag preferred to play by the rules.

At the sound of the command, Suzu threw herself forward, virtually disappearing from sight, and reappearing next to Razor before throwing out a wickedly quick jab, aimed directly at the fire-pig's snout. Mach Punch wasn't Suzu's most powerful move, but it easily her fastest.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Wildivlax
post Sep 7 2011, 10:16 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Felisha's Team!

The punch took Razor by complete surprise. It hit so hard, he went flying into a nearby building, leaving a small crater. "Razor!" Vernon cried out, running to him. He started to cry, clutching the Tepig in his arms like a baby. "Razor..." Indiana Jones understood immediately what was going on and dashed over to Vernon and tryed to comfort him. "I need to get him to the nurse right now!" Vernon called to Tag, "You win, but I don't care! I just want Razor to be alright!" Vernon got up, dashing into the Pokemon Center, crying all the way. Indiana Jones glared at Tag and Suzu angrily for a moment, then running off after Vernon.

In the Center, Vernon retold the tale to Nurse Joy. "So his Ledian used Mach Punch and now Razor is really badly hurt." Vernon was to the point of crying so hard, he was coughing sharply. Nurse Joy gingerly took Razor and examined him to see if anything was wrong. Vernon sat down and held his head in his hands, sobbing buckets of tears. Nurse Joy came back after a little bit holding up Razor. Vernon looked up. "Will he be alright?"

"Yes," She said softly, "But several bones are broken and he won't be able to smell for a while, though I can't tell how long." She handed Razor back to Vernon cautiosly, saying, "Just carry him and protect him from any danger what-so-ever and keep him out of his Pokeball. Everyday you can, come to any Pokemon Center and they will check up on him. I've already alerted the other Joys so they're ready, should you come by." Vernon nodded, smiling, too choked up to speak.

--------------------

Rank 28 overall poster
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Sep 7 2011, 10:27 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Tag sighed heavily as Vernon went crying back into the Pokemon Center. Perhaps teaching as a profession would be a much more difficult career path than he anticipated. He gently reminded himself that a.) He was fairly anti-social, and b.) he just really didn't have patience for people at all.

Even the newborn Indiana Jones had taken slight at Razor's injury, and it took everything Tag had to not simply roll his eyes. He had asked Suzu to hold back, and he knew full well that the gentle Ledian would never strike at full force under those parameters, but even still, the difference in strength had been too much for the Tepig.

When it came down to this particular battle, as it was with the few other tutorial battles Tag had held, it hadn't been about winning, but rather imparting the opponent with some new thought, idea or tactic. Unfortunately, the message he'd left with Vernon was: Pokemon Battles aren't just fun.

He took a second to reflect on the fact that Pokemon were creatures with incredible strengths. He'd witnessed firsthand the devastation his old team had wreaked upon Blackthorn City. He'd watched as Suzu nearly got cleft in twain by a Seviper tail blade, and as a Pinsir had nearly crushed Bachi, his Nidorino, to death. Pokemon Battles were fun, but the fact of the matter was that they were called 'Battles' for a reason.

As Tag re-entered the Pokemon Center, he watched Nurse Joy hand back the Tepig, and was absolutely shocked to hear her diagnosis.

"If its bones are broken, you shouldn't be carrying it." Tag frowned. No Nurse in their right mind would hand a creature with several broken bones back to a twelve year old trainer. "It should stay here, at the Pokemon Center, and get some rest outside of the pokeball. If they're breaks, you're going to want to re-set them so they heal properly." Tag shook his head "I'm sorry, but you should let Razor rest here at the Pokemon Center for a few days. Otherwise, he won't heal properly."

He felt incredibly awkward telling a Nurse how to do her job, and oddly, a twinge of guilt in the fact that he and Suzu had played some part in injuring the fellow Pokemon to such an extreme.

"Vernon, leave Razor here at the Pokemon Center." He commanded, firmly. "You'll only hurt him more by carrying him around, especially if he has broken bones."

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Wildivlax
post Sep 7 2011, 11:09 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Felisha's Team!

"O-ok," Vernon said, "Here's is his Pokeball and feed him blended Oran and Pecha Berries, please; that's his f-favorite." Joy nodded, taking the red and white orb and making a note. "I'll miss you, buddy," Vernon murmured, getting a weak "Pig..." in response. Vernon sat back down, sobbing out words. He said, "Th-this is the first time we've been apart since I was five when I found him. Ray MK III, Zora, come out."

Out came a Croagunk and the Zorua. Jones came up too. "Guys, we won't be seing Razor again for a while, so say-" Nurse Joy cut him off, saying, "So long as you stay in Aridana, you can visit him whenever you want, actually."

"R-really?!" Vernon's head shot up. "Th-thank you!"

--------------------

Rank 28 overall poster
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Sep 8 2011, 12:47 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Tag found himself sighing once more. At least Razor would be allowed to make a proper recovery, which was honestly better than a hasty one. Even though he hadn't intended such an injury, Tag realized the importance of treating ailments correctly. Perhaps it was just his usual, cold logic cutting in, but perhaps it was just empathy for the hurt Tepig.

However, with Vernon preoccupied, it was time to begin his search for Raven in earnest. He had absolutely no clues to go on, so any clue concerning her would be an excellent lead. This would probably mean canvassing the people of Aridana, though that would prove rather difficult. He didn't have a picture of her, nor could he formulate a good enough description in words. 'She's a girl.', 'She has hair.', and 'She's pretty.' Weren't exactly stellar and specific enough descriptions.

Luckily, Tag remembered that her pokemon had several clear defining features that people would notice, and he could definitely use those to track her down.

Turning away from Vernon's rather tearful episode in the Pokemon Center, Tag exited the building, with Suzu still hovering over his shoulder as he walked.

He didn't get too far before something grabbed his attention.

"Taggarty Lee!"

Raising his eyes, Tag saw just off to one side a youngish man standing proudly, wearing, of all things, a cape. Narrowing his eyes, as if it would get him a better look at the man, Tag peered at him curiously, trying to figure out who he was, and how he knew his name.

"Yes?"

"Don't recognize me, do you?" The man moved closer. With his cape now swept back into a regular position, he revealed a young girl of about 12 or 13 standing behind him as well, also only vaguely familiar to Tag. However, Capes were a pretty tell-tale sign. Very few classifications of Trainers ever sought to don such an outlandish part to their outfit, and that probably meant that the man approaching him was a Dragon Trainer.

"Oh. Pino." Tag blinked, the name dawning on him. After hearing from Edwin not an hour earlier, Tag was surprised to find yet another face from his past appearing so suddenly. The man paused upon hearing his name, but seemed incredibly surprised at Tag's response.

"I'm surprised you're not trembling in fear." the man called Pino tossed his head back in a haughty glance. He ran a finger through his blonde hair, tucking it back behind his ear. He wasn't much taller than Tag, despite being a few years younger.

"Why would I be?" Tag shrugged "You're an old friend."

"I've come to submit you to justice, Taggarty Lee!" Pino suddenly spat, his handsome features contorting with venom as he glared at the man.

"Justice?"

"Your rampage, back in Blackthorn."

"I was exiled for that, isn't that punishment enough?" Tag frowned, once again not wishing to revisit that old, sore topic. He hadn't spoken to anyone about it in Furoh. He'd gotten close to telling Raven, but she'd passed out before he told his story, and he simply hadn't spoken of it since.

"Our parents died, Tag." Pino clenched his fists angrily, tears immediately welling in his eyes. "Your childish rampage killed our parents!"

Tag looked to the little girl, who looked more scared of him than anything. She couldn't have been much more than eight or nine at the time, but here she was, standing before him. She didn't recognize him the way her older brother, Pino did, but she looked at Tag with a mixture of fear and sadness. Perhaps it was the tattoos on his face. It was usually the tattoos.

"Lily." The tattooed trainer said softly, frowning as he looked over her and Pino. "I'm sorry, I didn't know-"

"'Sorry' isn't going to cut it." Pino's voice dropped into a growl, "It's up to me to avenge them."

Tag crossed his arms. He knew that he'd committed a terrible crime back in Blackthorn, but he didn't expect to die for it, not while he still had a chance to atone for his misdeeds in a new land.

"So you're going to kill me?"

"No, I'm not a murderer like you." The words stung harshly as Pino reached down to his belt, drawing out a pokeball. "In Blackthorn, we're proud and just people. Traits you defiled when you tore through our home."

"How did you find me in Furoh." Tag still couldn't quite grasp the fact that Pino and Lily were in front of him, and also that they were ready to claim vengeance for their passed parents.

"Idiot, footage of your gym matches is out and about. Edwin called today to let me know that you were in Aridana, and it was just a short flight over from Gigarte, where we figured you'd challenge the Gigarte Gym."

"Edwin was in on your scheme?" The former Dragon Trainer stared down his old friend, not willing to believe that his other old friend, Edwin, had betrayed him so easily.

"No." Pino frowned, bitterly, drawing his cape over himself, as if it would protect him from something other than the sand floating around in the wind. "He's so obssessed with work, he didn't even remember that you...that you..."

"Pino." Lily, sharing her older brother's blonde hair, tugged at the man's cape. "Fight him." She handed him a pair of goggles, and procured a pair for herself. The brother and sister donned their new equipment, watching Tag intently.

"Right, Lily." Pino drew out a pair pokeballs, throwing them forward. "Flygon! Gabite!"

"Suzu! Bachi!" Tag jerked his head at Suzu, motioning her towards the field as he drew out the pokeball for Bachi. The Mystic Pokemon appeared on the field, flapping his rhomboid wings and glaring at Tag eagerly. Tag remembered Pino's Trapinch, from around the time of the crime. It was unsurprising to see that he had fully evolved in the couple years since Tag's exile. He had been blissfully unaware that Pino had also added Gabite to his team. The appearances of both regal Dragon Pokemon brought painful pangs of memory, stabbing uncomfortably at Tag's heart and stomach. Pino had chosen well for the Desert setting. Between his pokemon, and Tag's hesitation on the battle, it seemed that it would be a rough spectacle.

"Flygon, Sandstorm! Gabite Sand Tomb Nidorino!"

With one mighty flap of his powerful wings, Flygon whipped up a vicious sandstorm. Both Pino and Lily's goggles had been remarkable foresight; a testament to their planning ahead. Tag on the other hand, raised his arms to shield his eyes, unable to watch as Bachi found himself trapped in a whirling torrent of sand, couresty of Gabite.

"Suzu, Encore Flygon! Bachi, Flatter Gabite!" Suzu and Bachi, Tag's oldest team, moved in unison. The Ledian clapped enthusiastically for Flygon, who's goggle eyes glazed over. Likewise, Gabite's eyes took a similar glazed look, as he fell about, confused due to Bachi's Flatter technique. However, the enemy duo were wonderfully unfazed by the raging sandstorm all about them, whereas Tag's team were clearly not as lucky. Suzu and Bachi cried out angrily as the sand stung at them from all directions, having no experience in dealing with such circumstances.

"Flygon, Dragonbreath! Gabite, Dragon Claw!"

Tag knew Pino enough to know that the Dragon Trainer knew precisely what Encore did. Pino was well aware that Flygon would simply attempt Sandstorm again, but what was his cause in still calling out an attack? Tag, still shaken from the accusations, and from being flung into battle, started to over-analyze. However, he snapped out of it as Gabite, despite his confusion, landed a heavy Dragon Claw on Suzu, toppling her backwards into the sand. She rose, slowly, but like Tag, didn't seem to keen on fighting.

Suzu, having heard the whole story, was having a bit of a difficult time believing Pino's story. She'd never heard Tag speak of it, and never knew what moved him to go to Furoh, from Johto. She was reluctant to believe it, since the Tag she knew was, despite his appearance and cold demeanor, a kind, caring trainer. The Ledian was definitely having a difficult time processing the story while in a full on battle against two powerful Dragon Pokemon.

"Suzu, Acrobatics Flygon! Bachi! Fury Attack Flygon!" His two pokemon charged valiantly into the Sandstorm towards the Flygon, landing their hits solidly on the Desert Spirit. Flygon fell back a few paces, but otherwise maintained his position; they hadn't been strong enough to damage him all that greatly.

"Flygon, keep it up. Gabite, Earthquake!" Tag was having a difficult time coming up with appropriate strategies here, especially at such a disadvantage. The Earthquake was a particularly devastating choice, since Flygon's Levitate rendered him unaffected. Luckily, Suzu was airborne, so the attack didn't even come close to her, but her partner, Bachi, suffered greatly as the ground jutted up around him. He flew backwards, landing at the feet of Tag, where he was once again overcome by the sand-tomb that Gabite had placed earlier. Once the whirling sand cleared a little, Tag saw that his friend had been defeated. Quickly recalling the Nidorino, Tag sent out his next pokemon, Tonbo. He had already made a tactical error in Encoring Sandstorm, as he couldn't go about removing it without Flygon whipping up a brand new one. At least he could take some form of countermeasure.

"Suzu, Reflect! Tonbo, Water Pulse Flygon!" Tag was still focusing his efforts on Flygon, which was probably the more powerful of the two. He knew that once Gabite evolved into his final, ferocious form, that would be the more pertinent of the two to tackle, but as it stood, Flygon was probably the more menacing. The water pulse struck dead on, as Tonbo immediately threw himself into the battle whole-heartedly. Perhaps being part-psychic, the Slowpoke had sensed some of the turmoil going on, and had been ready to battle from the get go.

Suzu, meanwhile, set up a protective barrier for her team to hide behind, somewhat. Earthquake wouldn't be as effective on the water-type Tonbo, but Dragon Claw was potentially devastating. She could at least soften the blow somewhat to her partner and to herself.

"Flygon, one more round. Gabite, Dragon Claw!"

Much to Tag's chagrin, Gabite's confusion had not once caused him to hurt himself, which meant that his confusion gambit did not pay off in the least. The Dragon Claw slammed heavily into the reflect barrier before phasing through it and slamming Suzu hard, knocking her down to the ground, where she lay unmoving.

Grimacing, the beleaguered trainer recalled his beloved Ledian, and quickly drew another pokeball.

"Tobi!" The Vulpix appeared, unhappily, amidst the sandstorm. His hours of preening and cleaning his coat were rapidly being undone in the heat of the raging sand. The vain Vulpix did not at all seem pleased at this. "Tobi, Will-o-Wisp on Flygon! Tonbo, Disable Gabite!" Tag, peering through the sand when he could, watched as Tobi's Will-o-Wisp simply disappated in the sandstorm, but his Tonbo's Disable seemed to have hit the mark, as he watched Gabite's eyes glow the same blue as the Slowpoke's.

Surprisingly, the battle was all business. There was no banter, or any sort of back and forth. Tag was fighting for survival, and Pino was fighting for revenge; all their words lay in the battle, evidently, as warriors often did.

"Flygon, Dragonbreath. Gabite, Earthquake!" Wincing as he heard the combo announced, Tag found himself impressed at Pino's onslaught. He didn't have time to come up with cohesive defenses, and his own heart was faltering as he continued to fight this clearly losing battle. Pino had already defeated his two best pokemon, and Tag hadn't even put any sort of dent in his lead pokemon either. Unchecked, a strangled cry escaped from Tag's mouth as Tobi was tossed skywards due to the powerful Earthquake. He quickly choked it back to a sort of soft grunt as Tonbo took the full brunt of both the Earthquake and the Dragonbreath attack. Already, his second string of pokemon were probably at their limits already.

"Tobi, Payback! Tonbo, Water Pulse!" Tobi's Hypnosis and Will-O-Wisp attacks would've turned the tides in his favour somewhat, but the Sandstorm was a severe hamper on the accuracy of the moves, and Tag didn't particularly want to waste yet another one of his moments in battle by attempting something futile. The Fire Fox charged fearlessly forward, his tails glowing with dark energy as he slammed them hard into Gabite, finally landing some solid damage on Pino's team. Likewise, Tonbo's Water Pulse slammed hard into the Gabite as Tobi sprang clear. The timing of the attacks had been flawlessly executed, and the impact, rewarding. However, Gabite still stood, albeit shakily.

"Hmph." The blond Dragon Trainer grunted, unwilling to show that he was impressed by Tag's pokemon. He, nonetheless, issued his next orders, hoping to flat out end this portion of the fight.

"Double Dragon-breath on Slowpoke!" Both ferocious Dragons reared forward, blasting brilliant and vibrant beams of energy from their mouths. The double-beam slammed hard into Tonbo, throwing him back towards Tag, who immediately dropped to a knee by his side. Placing his hand on the Slow Pokemon's flank, he sighed; Tonbo was clearly out too.

Returning his friend once again, Tag drew out his final pokeball, cursing his luck at having sent not only a sixth member of his team to Blackthorn, but also his only ice pokemon. His luck had been absolutely attrocious today. Confusion didn't work, he didn't have his ice pokemon while facing Ground/Dragon hybrids, and he'd injured a poor Tepig in what he thought to be a training match. Things were clearly not going his way.

Drawing a deep breath, he tossed out the final pokeball for Kyoko, who stood next to Tobi on the battlefield.

"Kyoko, Sunny Day. Tobi, Flamethrower on Gabite!"

With their respective battle cries, Tag's final two pokemon initiated their moves. A harsh beam of sun pierced through the sand, scattering it and causing it to settle back down onto the desert floor, while a searing blast of flame shot out from the small fox. The fire hit Gabite hard, who despite his natural resistances, took to a knee on the ground. Once the flames cleared off of him, he slowly shook, then toppled face first into the ground.

Lily, the little girl, cried out in horror, and ran forward, throwing her arms around the fallen Gabite, but Pino whistled sharply, causing her to reel back, and fall back in line behind her brother. With a red beam of light, Gabite was recalled.

In lieu of summoning another pokemon though, Pino simply sneered "Flygon, Earthquake."

And that was it for Tobi, the Fox pokemon found himself battered once more by the jutting spears of solid ground. He flopped over pathetically at his trainer's feet, whimpering softly as he lay on the ground.

"I'm sorry..." Tag whispered softly, recalling the fox pokemon back to his container. Sizing up the battle, he watched as Kyoko, easily a quarter of the size of Flygon, stared down her opponent with an unerring gaze.

"Dragon Claw!" "Leaf Blade!" The two pokemon charged forward, the Flygon's claws glowing with the same vibrant energy from his earlier attacks, and Kyoko with not one, but two of her leaf rapiers drawn. The ensuing clash could only have been described as something both awesome and beautiful. Kyoko, dual wielding leaf blades, met each of Flygon's glowing claws at every corner, as if she were some sort of expert fencer. Perhaps her strength was borne of desperation, knowing that she was the last line between Flygon and her master's defeat. The two met, blow for blow, parry for parry, and the two trainers simply watched in astonishment as the two pokemon continued to battle, in spite of their orders.

Unfortunately, Flygon, the more accustomed to his weapons than Kyoko, batted both of her blades aside, and landed an uppercut style Dragon Claw directly at her core.

The poor Bellossom sailed through the air, landing on the ground with a heavy thud, exhausted and defeated.

"Kyoko." Tag felt tears springing to his eyes as he picked up his pokemon, feeling not unlike the way Vernon had at Razor's defeat. Immediately, he recalled her to her portable home, and stood with his head hung in shame, unable to meet Pino's triumphant gaze.

"Flygon, Dragon Claw."

Tag's head snapped up in surprise, as there were no pokemon on the field for Flygon to attack. However, when he saw the Mystic Pokemon rushing towards him, he held his breath, and simply closed his eyes.

Pino and Lily stood over the prone body of their hated enemy, the former staring down with a mixture of pity and contempt. Without saying a word, Pino reached down and unfasted Tag's pokebelt, easily slipping it off and throwing it over his shoulder, like a prize.

"We'll keep doing it, Lily." Pino turned to her. "We'll keep depriving this bastard of Pokemon. That's our revenge, Lily. He'll never hurt another person." He placed his hand on her shoulder, and the two began to walk away. "Let's get some rest, then we'll be on our way."

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Wildivlax
post Sep 8 2011, 09:15 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Felisha's Team!

Vernon left the Pokemon Center, witnessing the tradgic last moments of the battle. Vernon gasped, recalling Zora and Ray MK III. Without a word, he ran after the Dragon Tamer. He pulled back out Zora's Pokeball and Ray MK III's Pokeball, crying out, "You can't just take someone else's Pokemon, or attack them with your Pokemon on purpose! You're evil! Go! Zora! Pursuit! Ray MK III! Astonish! Indiana Jones! Quick Attack!" The Evil Fox Pokemon, Toxic Mouth Pokemon, and the Emanation Pokemon all charged, one cackling like a mad man, another growling, the last shouting.

They leapt in unison, diving to strike. "And, you're technically retreating, so Pursuit does double damage! He loved those Pokemon! They were his friends! His best friends! And you're just a jerk! A big, fat, good-for-nothing jerk!" As he shouted, he sent a message to Officer Jenny about the Pokemon-stealing thief whom had his Pokemon attack another Trainer with his Poketch, hoping she got it the moment he sent it.

--------------------

Rank 28 overall poster
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Sep 8 2011, 09:42 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Of the two trainers, the younger one, Lily, turned as Vernon began shouting. Seeing three pokemon approaching them, she summoned her own two pokemon to the field.

"Horsea, Swablu!"

Swablu, the more defensively oriented of the two, weathered the three attacks with surprising durability. She floated before Vernon's team shakily, on her cottony wings; shaky, but still standing.

"Swablu, Sing. Horsea, Smokescreen." The Swablu drew in a deep breath before letting out a sweet sounding song. Any of the three pokemon listening could easily have fallen asleep due to it's melody, but it was a fairly inaccurate move. In the mean time, Lily's Horsea shot out a brilliant cloud of smoke from her mouth, clouding the air around Vernon and his team with a dense fog of thick, black smoke.

Once it cleared, Lily and Pino would be gone, leaving Vernon alone with his pokemon, and the unconscious Tag on the ground outside of the pokemon center.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Wildivlax
post Sep 8 2011, 09:53 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Felisha's Team!

The smoke was so dense, no one heard the song. Vernon hacked and coughed before wheezing, "Indiana Jones, Quick Attack around us..." The Pokemon charged in circles, clearing the Smokescreen before Pino and Lily could escape. "Now! Jones! Get the belt with Quick Attack!" He ran forward and leapt and held onto the belt for dear life. "You know what? If we can't get the belt, we'll at least get the Pokemon back! Jones! Toss me the Pokeballs!" Indiana started plucking them off, starting with Suzu, and tossing them to Vernon who caught them.

--------------------

Rank 28 overall poster
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Sep 8 2011, 10:03 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Pino yanked the belt away from the baby Riolu before he could pluck the pokeballs from them, his own hand snapping down to his own pokebelt.

"Kid, you have no place interfering, don't make me stomp your pokemon too." His hand rested dangerously atop the pokeball that was neither Flygon's nor Gabite's, but nonetheless a powerful Dragon type Pokemon.

"Swablu, Peck on the Riolu!" The Swablu swooped in, pecking at Indiana Jones rather viciously with her little beak, forcing him away from Pino. "Horsea!" Lily called out, pointing at Vernon's other two pokemon "Water Gun!"

The sea-horse pokemon fired off a quick burst of water, aimed at Zora.

Hold up, bud (click to show)

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Wildivlax
post Sep 8 2011, 10:19 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

Felisha's Team!

Vernon gasped. Then, he blocked the Water Gun at the last moment before jumping in and protecting Jones by curling in a tight ball around him. "I-I won't let you hurt my Pokemon! Get away!" He swatted at the Swablu, trying to get it to fly away. Zora and Ray MK III jumped in. The Croagunk went after Horsea, knowing it couldn't be hurt by water, Zora opting to protect Vernon. Zora jumped up in a Scratch.

This post has been edited by Razor the Tepig: Sep 8 2011, 10:20 PM

--------------------

Rank 28 overall poster
+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:30 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.