Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
What's coming up next for Generation V?, Think of what Game Freak is going to go next
SnivyCap
post Mar 28 2011, 10:29 AM
Post #1

Best Pokémon Connoisseur and Grass-Type Master
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 135 149

My OLD Dream Team

What do you think will Game Freak do now? For me, considering the past releases, I think that Game Freak will do something like this:

Pokemon Gray - Next to be released

Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Remakes - After Gray

So what do you think will happen? And if you want, make up some names for remakes and stuff. (EX: Pokemon RubyEarth and Pokemon SapphireOcean)

--------------------
"The Chosen One's Team" (If you see anyone using this team, please tell them it's my team):

Serperia Swampert Matthew Aaron Celeste Zekrom

Sig made by Heartless Rose, specifically for me! clap.gif Thanks a lot!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Steel Metagross
post Mar 30 2011, 12:40 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 136 352

Hoenn's To-Be Squad

Maybe they won't make Gray... I think that it's gonna be DroughtRuby and FloodSapphire. That's when Kanto is going to be left in the dust. ForestGreen, InfernoRed... Heeheeheehee
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Mar 30 2011, 03:06 PM
Post #3

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

rowdy ruby and sad sapphire!

:<

supposedly there's a wii game coming up..

--------------------
+Quote Post

nokrow889
post Mar 30 2011, 04:04 PM
Post #4

what would you do for a Klondike bar?
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 24 628

Pokemon Pearl

i was thinking RubyRays and SapphireWaves (a joke to sun rays and ocean waves for the main pokemon) also if there is a third game in this series gray is the only color to go black white and purple doesn't make any sense

--------------------

Vdex
(me and my brother)

Group Banners (click to show)

+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Mar 30 2011, 09:26 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Active Squad

crystal didnt make sense with gold and silver
yellow (in theory) seems very random compared to red/blue/green
platinum didn't make sense with diamond/pearl

your point being?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Stratospheric Co...
post Mar 30 2011, 09:45 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Restricted
Member No.: 107 360

Active Squad

RubyEarth and SapphireSea.
+Quote Post

nokrow889
post Mar 31 2011, 03:10 PM
Post #7

what would you do for a Klondike bar?
Group Icon

Member No.: 24 628

Pokemon Pearl

QUOTE(Mercenary Raven @ Mar 30 2011, 10:26 PM) *
crystal didnt make sense with gold and silver
yellow (in theory) seems very random compared to red/blue/green
platinum didn't make sense with diamond/pearl

your point being?

actually they do go together Red Blue and Yellow are primary colors

Gold Silver and Crystal are i remember seeing somewhere they had something in common but for the life of me cant find it

Diamond Pearl and Platinum are all precious and valuable types of jewelry (i didnt belive platinum was either until i wikipedia'd it)

This post has been edited by Nokrow889: Mar 31 2011, 03:14 PM

--------------------

Vdex
(me and my brother)

Group Banners (click to show)

+Quote Post

Dazmi
post Mar 31 2011, 04:00 PM
Post #8

Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

Of course there's "gray" (hopefully for the 3DS), but I hope to see one or two decent spin off games.

There's going to be a crappy typing game for the DS, and a Wii title has been hinted at.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Anti Bravoman
post Mar 31 2011, 05:43 PM
Post #9

Shadowed doppelganger of Ebony Reflection
Group Icon

Member No.: 103 046

Crew

I remember reading about a 3DS and Wii upcoming title coming up, and I suspect they'll do grey and Ruby/sapphire remakes

--------------------
Spoiler (click to showhide)

+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Apr 1 2011, 12:47 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Active Squad

actually they do go together Red Blue and Yellow are primary colors
Red/Blue/Green are the colors of the three starters, Yellow/Pikachu thematically makes no sense with Red/Charizard, Blue/Blastoise, Green/Venusaur, even if it's anime-based.

Gold Silver and Crystal are i remember seeing somewhere they had something in common but for the life of me cant find it
Gold and silver are elements on the periodic table on top of elements of riches. Crystal just doesn't make sense, but part of that was nothing to round out a trio that was formed. Suicune is sort of a random legendary in the scheme of Ho-Oh/Lugia anyway, in fact it would make sense for there to be Crimson/Entei, Topaz/Raikou, then Crystal/Suicune than GSC. But I'm not gonna complain, Crystal had the most bamf game cartridge.

Diamond Pearl and Platinum are all precious and valuable types of jewelry (i didnt belive platinum was either until i wikipedia'd it)
Girasol makes more sense than Platinum, although Girasol + Platinum/Platina = Giratina. But even still, Platinum is so vaguely related in that sense because Platinum is somewhat obscurely used as actual jewelry and its use in science actually is far more evident than its use as jewelry, although Girasol itself is extremely obscure so I guess they had to choose the lesser of two evils with Giratina.

Kyurem is a strange shade of Gray though, but I still don't think that it'll necessarily be called Gray. BW had a massive nature vs technology theme, making purple actually somewhat likely if a bit obscure, seeing as Genesect is purple and is a mix of nature (the fact that it's an old bug/hunter in the Paleozoic era) and technology (its reformation by the hands of Team Plasma). White version represents nature, whereas the legendary represents technology and vice-versa with black version, so it would actually be very plausible to say that purple version would, in that instance, represent a mix in nature and technology as shown by Genesect.

Kyurem actually doesn't have any sort of connection to the other two legendaries aside from being a third dragon with an Ice counterpart to Fire/Lightning, but it could also refer to, say, a dragon that Zekrom/Reshiram had sealed away with a collaboration of nature and technology. Its origin story is strange according to the Pokedex and its lore is also strange (it eats the people of a village at night)... but it could also represent the Antarctic/Alaska, places that both technology AND nature have forsaken. It's their opposite, but in a completely different way than you'd expect. If wuji is the emptiness of yin and yang, then I suppose that then that supports the Gray theory (or at least a boosted Kyurem in the third version). It's iffy because Gray implies a mix of the two, whereas if my paragraph is any bit correct about that, then it would be an emptiness of the two (somehow) and not a mix.

There are my arguments, but this latter portion is based on speculation and not fact.

--------------------
+Quote Post

SnivyCap
post Apr 2 2011, 10:12 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

My OLD Dream Team

Hm... I now sorta agree on the above post. It could be that Gray is a mix or neither of Black and White. I just support the mix theory because a neither theory would require some HUGE changes, such as a special Legendary, a pretty altered plot, and some new characters would have to be switched with old characters!

--------------------
"The Chosen One's Team" (If you see anyone using this team, please tell them it's my team):

+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Apr 3 2011, 12:35 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

Active Squad

... how is that drastic change necessarily? It's just a color debate, and it pretty much only requires Kyurem to have another form.

--------------------
+Quote Post

SnivyCap
post Apr 3 2011, 04:14 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

My OLD Dream Team

It would be different because there would be no more Nature vs. Technology, no more Yin and Yang, and just those two would need a change in plot. As for the new characters, I mainly meant N. Unless they make him your brother that sorta follows you throughout your journey or something. I don't know - Maybe I was just exaggerating yesterday.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Apr 3 2011, 06:42 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Active Squad

Erm, yes there would still be that theme, but they would simply unite together at some point to take down something that threatens the mortality human race or something.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Ice Charizard
post Apr 5 2011, 08:25 PM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 55 430

Don't argue with me.

What if, say, Gray played out similar to Black/White, and you fought in, put them right there he realized he went wrong. And since everyone seems to be catching legendaries, why not give Ghetsis (whose name is probably spelled wrong) Kyruem? It would make perfect since, since the player represents an idea, N represents an idea, and Ghetsis represents the destruction of all ideas.

They could put a shot of him nabbing Kyreum, similar to the random shots of Grovile in Mystery Dungeon.

--------------------
My Party-

Some people are like a slinky.
They really serve no purpose in life,
but they're fun to push down the stairs.

Awards (click to show)

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is a word and not just a blob of text.
+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post Apr 5 2011, 08:56 PM
Post #16

Well, I wish I'd wished you well
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 143

Let Us In

BW's third version will most likely happen.

I'm guessing TerraRuby and AquaSapphire will inevitably come around. Maybe they'll put walking Pokemon back in that game. They have to do something extra special for it since it brought around the Natures mechanic. Maybe Natures will get some extended features in those games?

Also, DPPt toyed with walking Pokemon and HGSS gave us the ability to walk with the entire Pokedex. BW toyed with camera angles, so maybe you might get different camera angles to choose from while playing the RSE remake?

--------------------
+Quote Post

SnivyCap
post Apr 6 2011, 09:44 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

My OLD Dream Team

Hmm... I wonder what they will do on Gray... So many issues that we all want solved...
Anyway, I guess I'll focus on Sapphire and Ruby now. If you ask me, I think it will go like this:

Pokemon Gray
Pokemon Sapphire and Ruby Remakes
Pokemon Emerald, Crystal, and Yellow Remakes (Possibly 6th Gen games?)

Sorry I'm not really explaining anything, I'm too tired to think right now. sleep.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

TheDrunkenwhale
post Apr 6 2011, 10:56 PM
Post #18

The Lazy-Ass Artist under the Stars
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 997

Shooting Star Team

Transfer a 3rd gen pokemon from Hoenn to Sinnoh or Johto and back to Hoenn?

I'd like to see Gen IV as the last of the remakes, considering despite commercial success, not everyone fell in love with Hoenn like they did with Kanto and Johto.

I do see Gamefreak pulling on a 3rd game, with walking pokemon returning to the fray, Kyuurem being the mascot of the 3rd game, and how it plays in Zerkom and Reshiram's history.

Aside from that, I see the usual, the Battle subway now a part of the inevitable battle frontier, move tutors of TMs that were around in previous generations, the option of rebattling gym leaders with larger more diverse teams, and possibly the return of the VS Seeker.

Other than that, the 3rd game will break the mold of no old pokemon that Black and White had held, some of them will be added to the Unova dex as a bonus.
+Quote Post

Knight of Cydoni...
post Apr 6 2011, 11:29 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Member No.: 131 433

Gen 5, please? :3

Oh please no... Not the 3DS for the RS(E) remakes... NO!!! My mom won't buy me another one... If she does, might be useful for the transfer thing in B/W.

T~T

--------------------

+Quote Post

Ice Charizard
post Apr 8 2011, 07:02 AM
Post #20

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 55 430

Don't argue with me.

Yeah. I really don't want to go out and buy a 3DS. It sounds awesome, but I'd rather just use my Lite. I hope they make these games like they did Black/White and just add a few unnecessary features for the 3DS.

--------------------
My Party-

Some people are like a slinky.
They really serve no purpose in life,
but they're fun to push down the stairs.

Awards (click to show)

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is a word and not just a blob of text.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 01:51 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.