Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Read before you post!

Please make sure to check the GPX+ Help Page before posting!

The GPX+ Help Page has a wealth of information. Please help prevent clutter in this forum by first checking the Help Page before you post a thread.

281 Pages V  « < 261 262 263 264 265 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Quick Question Quick Answer, if you don't want to make a new topic for only one question
LightKunai
post Feb 25 2019, 02:53 AM
Post #5241

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Contributor
Member No.: 68 672

Active Squad

I was wondering if Red in the Battle Tower gave any of the other caps as rewards, or if it was only the Kalos Cap.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

cosmo
post Mar 4 2019, 08:57 PM
Post #5242

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 70 422

ChuChu

i understand lots of stuff about this website but i dont understand how i can be #11 for most unique explorations complete and now my ranking went down to #21, which has made my overall ranking worse. if i was the 11th user to have all explorations completed, shouldnt my ranking stay the same for that statistic?
+Quote Post

Raboot
post Mar 4 2019, 11:13 PM
Post #5243

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 311

Active Squad

QUOTE(cosmo @ Mar 4 2019, 05:57 PM) *
i understand lots of stuff about this website but i dont understand how i can be #11 for most unique explorations complete and now my ranking went down to #21, which has made my overall ranking worse. if i was the 11th user to have all explorations completed, shouldnt my ranking stay the same for that statistic?

From what I understand, if two users had the same number for a statistic, the user that joined GPX+ earlier would have a better ranking.

Previously, you may have been #11, but that might have been because you really did complete more unique explorations than some others. However, this month's Special Explorations might've been some that other users have never completed it before. (I, for one, have yet to complete The Antlers of Life and The Wings of Destruction.) So ten users, who may have registered before you, got a chance to complete new unique explorations that brought their stat up to 51, same as you.

--------------------
+Quote Post

cosmo
post Mar 5 2019, 12:01 AM
Post #5244

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 70 422

ChuChu

QUOTE(Baymax @ Mar 4 2019, 10:13 PM) *
From what I understand, if two users had the same number for a statistic, the user that joined GPX+ earlier would have a better ranking.

Previously, you may have been #11, but that might have been because you really did complete more unique explorations than some others. However, this month's Special Explorations might've been some that other users have never completed it before. (I, for one, have yet to complete The Antlers of Life and The Wings of Destruction.) So ten users, who may have registered before you, got a chance to complete new unique explorations that brought their stat up to 51, same as you.

ahh seems a little unfair but whatever, will have to improve my ranks in other ways i suppose. youre wonderful happy.gif

This post has been edited by cosmo: Mar 5 2019, 12:02 AM
+Quote Post

pumpkinking0192
post Mar 6 2019, 02:24 AM
Post #5245

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 141

Active Squad

QUOTE(Baymax @ Mar 4 2019, 10:13 PM) *
QUOTE(cosmo @ Mar 4 2019, 05:57 PM) *

I'm pretty sure that's wrong. I'm reasonably confident that when there is a tie, the rankings are randomly assigned each time the ranking is recalculated.

So for example, if 50 users have all completed all explorations, any of them may randomly fall into rank #1 at one point, rank #50 at another point, and everywhere in between at various other points in time.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Raboot
post Mar 6 2019, 08:58 AM
Post #5246

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 311

Active Squad

QUOTE(pumpkinking0192 @ Mar 5 2019, 11:24 PM) *
I'm pretty sure that's wrong. I'm reasonably confident that when there is a tie, the rankings are randomly assigned each time the ranking is recalculated.

So for example, if 50 users have all completed all explorations, any of them may randomly fall into rank #1 at one point, rank #50 at another point, and everywhere in between at various other points in time.

If you sort by Unique Explorations Completed on the Users page and opened up everyone's profile up to cosmo, you'll see that it's sorted by Joined date. But if you see something different, that would also be interesting, since that might imply everyone seeing different ranking.

Edit: I looked at a few other statistics, and some ties are sorted by Joined date and then seemingly resets and does it again. Can't quite word it accurately. But it doesn't really look "random" to me.

This post has been edited by Baymax: Mar 6 2019, 10:07 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Shiny Kitty
post Mar 9 2019, 09:43 AM
Post #5247

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11 822

Pearl party

Is there a way to either restart or delete my account? I'd like to start over after a loooooong hiatus.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Melodic
post Mar 9 2019, 10:08 AM
Post #5248

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 254 134

My Team

QUOTE(Shiny Kitty @ Mar 9 2019, 02:43 PM) *
Is there a way to either restart or delete my account? I'd like to start over after a loooooong hiatus.

No way to do either of those, if you were that desperate you could get your account banned (not recommended).

You'll have to start over from scratch on a new account.
+Quote Post

Akane Kurashiki
post Mar 10 2019, 07:16 AM
Post #5249

My little shadow familiar can't be this cute
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 553

Favs <3

Having multiple accounts is not allowed, so that'd be a surefire way to get both of them banned lol

The closest thing to a restart you can do is releasing all your pokémon and start your collection again.

--------------------
I get so many things I don't deserve

+Quote Post

Melodic
post Mar 10 2019, 11:37 AM
Post #5250

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

My Team

QUOTE(North Star @ Mar 10 2019, 12:16 PM) *
Having multiple accounts is not allowed, so that'd be a surefire way to get both of them banned lol

The closest thing to a restart you can do is releasing all your pokémon and start your collection again.

I wasn't suggesting they cheat! Only to abandon their first account for good and start from scratch on another! Sorry for the confusion!
+Quote Post

pumpkinking0192
post Mar 10 2019, 05:17 PM
Post #5251

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Melodic @ Mar 10 2019, 11:37 AM) *
QUOTE(North Star @ Mar 10 2019, 12:16 PM) *

I wasn't suggesting they cheat! Only to abandon their first account for good and start from scratch on another! Sorry for the confusion!

That's still considered having multiple accounts.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Inferno390
post Mar 11 2019, 12:07 PM
Post #5252

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 256 648

Active Squad

So My Aegislash just came back from the underground with Pokerus and is locked in my party. Can the Pokerus spread to other members of your party? And will it go away on it's own, like in the games? Or do I have to use an Antidote on it? Are there others ways to get rid of Pokerus as well, or are those the only two/one ways?
+Quote Post

Melodic
post Mar 11 2019, 12:36 PM
Post #5253

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

My Team

QUOTE(Inferno390 @ Mar 11 2019, 05:07 PM) *
So My Aegislash just came back from the underground with Pokerus and is locked in my party. Can the Pokerus spread to other members of your party? And will it go away on it's own, like in the games? Or do I have to use an Antidote on it? Are there others ways to get rid of Pokerus as well, or are those the only two/one ways?

I'm unsure about whether it can spread to other party members, but it can spread to other users, you can use an Antidote on it to cure the Pokérus straight away, or you can wait exactly three days for the Pokérus to go away on it's own. Seek clarification from another user to make sure I'm correct!
+Quote Post

pumpkinking0192
post Mar 11 2019, 05:00 PM
Post #5254

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Inferno390 @ Mar 11 2019, 12:07 PM) *

QUOTE(Melodic @ Mar 11 2019, 12:36 PM) *
I'm unsure about whether it can spread to other party members, but it can spread to other users, you can use an Antidote on it to cure the Pokérus straight away, or you can wait exactly three days for the Pokérus to go away on it's own. Seek clarification from another user to make sure I'm correct!

Here's the Help page section on Pokerus. As it states, Pokerus cannot spread to the rest of your party (but it can spread to the parties of people who feed your Pokemon).

--------------------
+Quote Post

Sealeo
post Mar 12 2019, 09:04 AM
Post #5255

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 111 217

Active Squad

Is it at all possible to remove or hide old daycare couples in the daycare offspring tab on your profile? I have so many pairs like this that I really want to just remove and declutter. (Not sure why the image is potato quality, but you get the idea)

--------------------
+Quote Post

Riannon
post Mar 12 2019, 10:19 PM
Post #5256

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 103 935

Field of Dreams

I have been inactive for a while, so please excuse the weird question. Is the Backroom no longer being stocked/functioning? I've checked it a couple of times over the past couple of days and there's never anything in there. Like... at all. Just curious. Thanks for any help. ♥
+Quote Post

Level-X
post Mar 12 2019, 11:22 PM
Post #5257

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 170 583

Squad

QUOTE(Riannon @ Mar 12 2019, 10:19 PM) *
I have been inactive for a while, so please excuse the weird question. Is the Backroom no longer being stocked/functioning? I've checked it a couple of times over the past couple of days and there's never anything in there. Like... at all. Just curious. Thanks for any help. ♥

The Backroom always works, you could just be checking at bad times! Keep this in mind though,
Note that in order to curb hoarding, users are only able to acquire two Fossils, Summoning Items or Rare Evolution Items in this manner per day. Also, users that have three or more Fossils, Summoning Items or Rare Evolution Items in their inventory will be unable to acquire Fossils, Summoning Items or Rare Evolution Items in this manner. It is important to note that Special Evolution Items do not count toward this total. On days with sales, the back room is closed, however.

You should still see many other items in there regardless, keep checking!

This post has been edited by Level-X: Mar 12 2019, 11:54 PM

--------------------
GPX+ Shiny Tracker (v3.1.1) last updated on Oct. 16, 2023

» » » We can help you a lot quicker through the Discord compared to the Forums! « « «

+Quote Post

Melodic
post Mar 20 2019, 01:06 AM
Post #5258

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

My Team

QUOTE(MiyukoKaioh @ Mar 19 2019, 10:43 PM) *
QUOTE(North Star @ Mar 10 2019, 02:16 PM) *

Tbh I have done this multiple times already and it didn't work.

Also the always given advice "Just log out and forget about this site" has never ever worked for me because I always eventually came back (just like now, I don't even remember how long I was gone until now). Why am I not able to just forget about this site? I tell you why: Because I still have an account here. Because it still exist. If it got deleted then I wouldn't have anything anymore that I am attached to and THEN I would easily be able to not care about this site and I would then easily forget about it.
No matter whether it's here, MyAnimeList or other sites where you can't delete your own account and where admins don't delete it either.

Yet I surely don't want to behave like an idiot to get my account banned happy.gif.

To be honest I see where you're coming from, however I think it's better for the site if nobody's account gets deleted except for banning, I click a lot, and it's thanks to all the abandoned accounts that I can click endlessly, relying on who is active wouldn't be enough to click through, it'd take me an hour at max. So I see where you're coming from, but on a site that relies heavily on having Pokémon to feed, I agree with the way things are currently.

Also, welcome back!

This post has been edited by Melodic: Mar 20 2019, 01:07 AM
+Quote Post

ladygrey
post Mar 28 2019, 02:02 PM
Post #5259

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 243 519

Active Squad

Has the Mystery box be released into the shop yet? I haven't seen it and I was sure that it was meant to be in the shop already, I check the admin post and they said a month after that post people could buy it, should I do a bug report or something if they forgot to release it.

--------------------
CODE
+Quote Post

James Brafin
post Mar 29 2019, 02:13 PM
Post #5260

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 256 664

Active Squad

Probably been asked before, but:
When it says "randomly around the site" about finding items on the FAQ, What does that mean? Do I need to make interactions, switch between pages, just be onsite, or something else?
+Quote Post

281 Pages V  « < 261 262 263 264 265 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:41 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.