Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Six Year Old Girl Getting Pat-Downed, What do you think?
Calming Madman
post Apr 13 2011, 09:16 PM
Post #1

FINISH HIM.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 131 527

3rd Street Saints

OK me and my friend Suit Up have been at each other about that subject

I think its wrong

She thinks its stupid lets pay our focus on Japan

What do you think?

--------------------

Credit to cycloneblaze and NegativeDiamond.

I used to be a adventurer like you, until I took a arrow to the knee.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Wishful Jirachi
post Apr 13 2011, 09:33 PM
Post #2

Why must all things die...even this?
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 16 447

~HELLO~

I think it's completely alright. The airport personnel who was performing the pat down specifically told the girl what she was going to do before she did it. The girl was completely calm. The women was doing her job and she was doing it very well. The girl in no manner was acting frightened. In the report I saw they also showed a comparison of a three year old getting patted down however she was throwing a fit. In the report they specifically said that she was crying because she wasn't with her mom or her teddy bear which yes is very important when your three. If the personnel in that case had thought about the problem and let her mother stand next to her with her teddy bear, she would have been completely fine as well.

Plus, we can't except children from pat downs. That opens a big gap for people who want to sneak things onto planes becuase it wouldn't matter if the child tripped the censor, they wouldn't get checked. So we have to have them. There is no way of getting around it no matter what we do. It's for our security, our safety. Sure, it may seem invasive but you just need to suck it up. And I say that truthfully. I honestly hate people touching me but if I had to have a pat down I wouldn't care because it's that important. I would know that they were doing their job and shouldn't be inappropriate. In my terms, I agree with Suit Up. We should worry about Japan, not this. This was some idiot trying to start the debate over pat downs all again.

--------------------
Hey. Dark, Arcy if you see this, you can find me (Wishie) here:
https://www.madisonrenae.com/
https://www.facebook.com/madison.pontenberg/
+Quote Post

Calming Madman
post Apr 13 2011, 09:41 PM
Post #3

FINISH HIM.
Group Icon

3rd Street Saints

Well I agree that we should focus more on Japan but the Six year old girl later cried and felt violated but to me I think its wrong and should make a new one with the pat-downs if a child doesn't feel OK with it and they do it anyway the parents can report it to the police in my eyes. But yeah Japan really needs help right now but the Idiot you speak of maybe trying to prove a point

All I am saying is they should change the pat-downs for the Mental Ill and Small Children,but for adults it should be used cause adults these days might carry a bomb on a plane but a KID?! For real? I know people are going "What the hell Tap? Thats just the same!" Listen here Chaps! It maybe wrong in your eyes but babies and kids are innocent!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Wishful Jirachi
post Apr 13 2011, 09:50 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

~HELLO~

I didn't see any portion of the child crying on the report and I watched the whole thing. Perhaps you are thinking of the three year old or perhaps they changed it? I can't account for that but in regards to changing it. Perhaps a little but we can't except them. Even though kids are meant to be innocent what it stopping a bomber from putting it on the kid. The kid would mostly likely die on the plane anyway if they didn't give the bomb to them and what do they care. They're killing the adults, the kids aren't different in their eyes. In their eyes, we all deserve to die, women and children alike. If we let children get around this, we are just asking to get bombed.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Calming Madman
post Apr 13 2011, 09:53 PM
Post #5

FINISH HIM.
Group Icon

3rd Street Saints

QUOTE(Wishful Jirachi @ Apr 13 2011, 09:50 PM) *
I didn't see any portion of the child crying on the report and I watched the whole thing. Perhaps you are thinking of the three year old or perhaps they changed it? I can't account for that but in regards to changing it. Perhaps a little but we can't except them. Even though kids are meant to be innocent what it stopping a bomber from putting it on the kid. The kid would mostly likely die on the plane anyway if they didn't give the bomb to them and what do they care. They're killing the adults, the kids aren't different in their eyes. In their eyes, we all deserve to die, women and children alike. If we let children get around this, we are just asking to get bombed.

True.

And about the Six Year Old

Did you watch Good Morning America?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Wishful Jirachi
post Apr 13 2011, 10:02 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

~HELLO~

QUOTE(TapouT @ Apr 13 2011, 10:53 PM) *
QUOTE(Wishful Jirachi @ Apr 13 2011, 09:50 PM) *

True.

And about the Six Year Old

Did you watch Good Morning America?

Yes. I believe that it was Good Morning America. I don't think it was the Today Show but it might have been.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Some Person
post Apr 14 2011, 07:16 AM
Post #7

Don't let me detain you...
Group Icon

Member No.: 127 207

Vetinari's Terriers

I agree with Wishful- they're gonna get bombs onto planes whichever way they can, and children are fair game in you're madmen 'killing for God' like they think they are. I also hate being touched, but being patted by a strange woman if much, much better than being blown into a thousand pieces in mid-air...

--------------------
"The world spins on pain. I realised that if there is a supreme power, then it is our duty to become it's moral superior." -Lord Havelock Vetinari, Patrician of Ankh-Morpork

"The sentient may perceive and love the universe, but the universe may not perceive and love the sentient. The universe sees no distinction between the multitude of creatures and elements which comprise it. All are equal. None is favored. The universe, equipped with nothing but the materials and the power of creation, continues to create: something of this, something of that. It cannot control what it creates and it cannot, it seems, be controlled by its creations (though a few might deceive themselves otherwise). Those who curse the workings of the universe curse that which is deaf. Those who strike out at those workings fight that which is inviolate. Those who shake their fists, shake their fists at blind stars."- Michael Moorcock, author.
+Quote Post

BarkingChaos
post Apr 14 2011, 08:03 AM
Post #8

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 112 100

Sandshrew Army

I didnt know about this. Did they say if there was a reason why?

Either way, I agree with Wishful. You can't be too careful, and because children are usually seen as innocent and harmless by adults, it makes them the perfect bomb carriers for terrorists.
+Quote Post

Blueberry
post Apr 14 2011, 11:49 AM
Post #9

I'm the reason why you hate.
Group Icon

Member No.: 34 032

Blue's Army

I think it was fine and that all this is totally blown out of context.

After all, people ARE cruel enough to hide things like drugs and bombs on children thinking that would not check the kids for these things. They were just going their job and it's not like the girl was crying or fussing that she didnt want to do it. There was no kind of abuse and the lady that did the pat down was totally professional and gentle about it.

Link to the video if people have not seen it I also don't like that this is called "groped by the TSA" cause groping is a strong word considering the lady never touched any considered "sensitive" areas of the girl entirely open handed.

EDIT: and to the reports that we should be worrying about Japan...Well, they are taking care of themselves. Clearly the Japanese isn't in TOTAL crisis and they aren't completely begging for our help. They are stubborn and honorable people. I think we should focus on them but not as much as we have been. If they don't want to hear what we have to say then let's leave them alone. I know their decisions affect a lot but they are very resilient people and I have to say that if they eff up they will step up to the plate and take blame.

Really, I am worried about them but I think our government and nation has bigger things to worry about than other countries and Japan is just an escape from all those things.

This post has been edited by Blueberry: Apr 14 2011, 12:11 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Calming Madman
post Apr 14 2011, 04:22 PM
Post #10

FINISH HIM.
Group Icon

3rd Street Saints

Yes I am saying what Blueberry is saying thats true

Japan isn't in a TOTAL Crisis but it does need help!

Back to topic *brick'd*

Ok so you guys are saying that IT IS OK for them to pat-down kids that way? What if one was a Child Molester or was a what do you call it....damn what is it Sex Offender yeah thats it *back on topic again* What if they were one of those? TSA does NOT Background Checks!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Wishful Jirachi
post Apr 14 2011, 04:29 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

~HELLO~

They should perform checks. I would believe that any good institution would run checks, especially for security personnel. However, even if they were a child molester it would have to be done out in the open. I don't think they could get away with that. They are required to perform the body checks at the security stop so they will be out in the open, around other visitors and personnel. I'm sure many people are worried about having people like that perform the body tests but that's the same fear that we feel every day when you see a 'sketchy' person. It's not ever something we can hide from, not at least at this time and date.

Edit: I think you should check your sources better. It clearly states on the TSA website that they do perform background checks. To know if you have committed those offenses they have background checked you.

This post has been edited by Wishful Jirachi: Apr 14 2011, 04:32 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

MoogleSam
post Apr 14 2011, 06:50 PM
Post #12

A Defensive, Protective, Fair, Happy and Playful Lion~
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 034

Roster in Diamond

I haven't seen the video but I don't think it really needs changed much except maybe having to make sure the child or adult understands fully what is going to happen beforehand and allowing the parents to be close by to keep them calm if they are a child or have a child-like mind due to a mental condition.

--------------------
If any of my old friends want to contact me, please email me!
+Quote Post

Blueberry
post Apr 14 2011, 08:45 PM
Post #13

I'm the reason why you hate.
Group Icon

Member No.: 34 032

Blue's Army

But Japan is sort of refusing out help. You cannot help those who do not want your help. We have tried to give them help though.

And yes, something as important and vital as the TSA has background checks...very deep ones too. They look at EVERYTHING. It's really hard to slip through the cracks as someone who only seems to want to touch children to get hired...

--------------------
+Quote Post

Cassowary
post Apr 21 2011, 02:34 PM
Post #14

Skarmory Squadron Supreme
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 264

Skarmory Squadron

I'm used to going on planes and jumping through all the hoops. Honestly, it's not that much trouble, and the people who make a big deal of it are always the slowest and slow everyone else down. It's fine, the people generally don't enjoy it either, it's just what they need to do.

Terrorists will use kids/elderly people/disabled people/etc. to get through, everyone needs to be checked. Agreeing with Moogle about allowing caretakers to standby.

--------------------

+Quote Post

The Grouch
post Apr 21 2011, 05:14 PM
Post #15

And this is how the world ends.
Group Icon

Member No.: 96 726

but a whimper.

I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't mind getting patted down by a women. awesome.gif

On a more serious note, if kids were excepted then we can expect another accident VERY soon. There's no getting around a good pat down by a lovely lady.

--------------------
Team (click to show)
+Quote Post

Cassowary
post Apr 22 2011, 12:15 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

Skarmory Squadron

All the pat-downs I've had were done by people of the same sex. Though, I've been mistaken as a guy before and almost got patted down by one (not that I would've minded, really).

--------------------

+Quote Post

LittleShadowPoke...
post Apr 24 2011, 10:13 PM
Post #17

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 490

Sweet Team

The little girl does cry.

By no means is this okay. When it comes to Safety vs. Freedom, I'll choose Freedom every single time. There's only so much you can do. I thought we all learned this from Mewtwo Returns?

--------------------
Me (click to show)

PANE (click to show)

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Carefactorzero
post Apr 24 2011, 10:33 PM
Post #18

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 837

Active Squad

Simply put: drug-traffickers and bomb-carriers will use any means possible to get their shit into another country undetected. Children have been used as drug mules by drug-traffickers before, therefore they should have to submit to a pat-down search like everyone else to stop shit getting into any country. For all we know, some drug-mules may have pulled off their job without a hitch; it's not often you'll catch a child carrying drugs, but, as I said, it has happened on more than one occasion. A pat-down search is by no means harmful, nor is violation of any kind the intention of the job; there's nothing to be afraid of whatsoever. Children shouldn't be exempt from searches, because one day, to put it bluntly, one might explode and 20 people in the terminal may end up in a morgue because of children being excused from a pat-down search. Anything's possible.

+Quote Post

Cassowary
post Apr 25 2011, 08:19 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Skarmory Squadron

QUOTE(LittleShadowPokemon @ Apr 24 2011, 10:13 PM) *
The little girl does cry.

By no means is this okay. When it comes to Safety vs. Freedom, I'll choose Freedom every single time. There's only so much you can do. I thought we all learned this from Mewtwo Returns?

Yes, because we all learn our life lessons from pokemon movies.

It's not just black and white (dammit pokemon games), there's some grey areas too. Saying you'll always choose one over the other is as bad as saying vice versa.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reyo
post Apr 26 2011, 08:31 PM
Post #20

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 281

space team

Oh anti-terrorism efforts...I love you oh-so-much. As for THIs incident, I personally don't care. She's not my child. Then again, if she was my child, I'd be ticked off, but mainly because a) they suspected my little girl of terrorism (she's not going to come up with the idea herself, which means the index of suspition is on ME, the parent) "I don't trust you, so we're going to do everything short of molest your child to look for bombs." and b) now she's crying and freaking out and wondering why the "strange people were touching her" which will cause me to explain what terrorism is, how the whole "homeland security" thing works, and what constitutes "good vs. bad" touching and child molestation and pedophilia incidents to avoid her going to her friends and "demonstrating her knowledge on the war against terrorism" with the neighboor kids. And no, that's not being lazy, that's avoiding uneccesary work involing extremely awkward conversations I'D like to initiate with my child when I feel it's appropriate.

As for Japan, I'm still a little iffy on the rumors going around on medical personel from the National Guard going over there to fix people...so eh.

And no...I do not have children.

QUOTE(Cassowary @ Apr 25 2011, 08:19 AM) *
It's not just black and white (dammit pokemon games), there's some grey areas too. Saying you'll always choose one over the other is as bad as saying vice versa.

You may want to copywrite that before Nintendo decides to release a new pokemon game.

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 02:27 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.