Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
RP Grading
Letan
post Jul 27 2009, 01:13 PM
Post #21

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 1 219

Lugia Hype

The MIA
Overall, this RP was alright. It was lengthy, although riddled with tons of short posts and the overall plot felt a bit abrupt. Also, the mission seemed a bit too over-the-top for a ragtag team of new recruits.

knil1:
12 levels. Like several people, there were quite a bit of short posts and some spelling errors. There wasn't much battling in the RP, and when it did occur, it was a bit abrupt.
85 Mission EXP. The mission was far too difficult for a group of new recruits, although the mission failure somewhat redeemed this. The overall mission felt rushed however.

Mclena:
5 levels. Way too many short posts, no battles, and a lack of activity were the main factors that brought your grades down. Also, there were numerous formatting errors for character speech. When a character speaks, it's normally on its own line, instead of being part of a paragraph of numerous people talking.
85 Mission EXP. Same as above.

Lycanthrope:
5 levels. Pretty much the same thing applies here. Barely any activity, no battling, and a post or a few were only two sentences long, which is way too short.

Keshi:
12 Levels. Good level of activity, and decent quality of posts and battles. Although, there were quite a few short posts.

Brainpan Sonata:
14 levels. Good post quality, good level of activity, and fairly good battles. Although, there were a few posts that weren't too short, but weren't all that lengthy either.

--------------------
[align=center]

=- Game Dev, currently making a game called Cursed Seasons. I tweet about it sometimes. -=
http://cursedseasons.tumblr.com/
Discord is a thing

[/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Aug 19 2009, 10:43 AM
Post #22

Sacred Guardian of the Ice-type
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11 138

Cold as Ice

(I know Fei Fei technically made the topic, but it was our mutual idea.)
A Dubious Mission is complete!

Participants:
Adrian Korvaks- Fei Fei
Vincent Lance- Vincent Lance

Began: August 5th
Ended: August 19th

Summary: Vincent Lance, an Aqua, is sent on a mission to retrieve the Dubious Disk from a secret, hidden Rebel stash at Montague Point. Little does he know that Adrian Korvaks, a Magma, has been sent to retrieve the same disk. Under cover as civilians, the duo work together to find the stash, all the while lying to cover up their true intentions, both oblivious to each other's status as enemies. When the stash is revealed, Adrian and Vincent's true colors are shown, and the two fight over the disk. Vincent escapes with the disk after defeating Adrian in a battle, but ends up with the wrong prize, which Adrian had taken right from under his nose.

--------------------
This is my story series. I'm done posting the second book! Read it!

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

Letan
post Aug 22 2009, 12:47 PM
Post #23

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 1 219

Lugia Hype

A Dubious Mission
This was a great RP, especially coming from newcomers to Uprising. The plot seemed fairly simple at first: a basic retrieval mission. However, in the end, it was the twist that topped it all off nicely.

Fei Fei:
14 levels. Good level of activity, good battling, and overall good posts. There were a few minor spelling errors, as well as one or two short posts, but other than that, well done.
142 Mission EXP. This mission was fairly simplistic at first, which was good considering that you both were fresh recruits. The twist at the end and the overall execution of the roleplay both reeled in some Mission EXP as well.

Vincent Lance:
14 levels. Pretty much the same as Fei Fei.
142 Mission EXP. Same as above.

--------------------
[align=center]

=- Game Dev, currently making a game called Cursed Seasons. I tweet about it sometimes. -=
http://cursedseasons.tumblr.com/
Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

knil1
post Oct 4 2009, 11:00 PM
Post #24

also known as Duzzel. ^_^
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 392

Dream Party

A Meeting in the Rain has been finished.

Participants:

Mechanical Lullaby - Jaden Krause
qpidity - Alexis Rosset
knil1 - Jened Tenkuu
Anduril - James Raiche

Start Date: Jul 21, 2009
End Date: Aug 20, 2009

Summary:
Four years after the mysterious loss of his father, Jaden Krause decides to go out and look for him, with some ideas as to what happened. He ventures through Noverus and as it starts to rain heavily, runs into a nearby cafe. The cafe seems empty aside from a small group of girls and one strange boy. Jaden soon sits next to the boy, Alexis Rosset, and begins to tell him of the plan. Alexis notes that they would need a larger group to pull this off. Fairly soon, Jened Tenkuu comes walking through the door eager to join in their group. After a few minutes of talking another trainer enters the cafe, James Raiche.

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Oct 10 2009, 05:16 PM
Post #25

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

Upon great consideration, I have decided on the following grades for this RP. The reason this grading schema is not like my others is twofold: This RP was not finished, and is only being bypassed so that the players can move on to a new story, and because the last few weeks for me have been rife with distractions. Please forgive me for this.

One note: No factional XP was given out, since nothing happened factionally.

Mechanical Lullabye: 6/15. You had to leave, and I accept that, but this RP is so short, I considered not grading it at all. I have great confidence in your skill, and hope that with more time you can show the Uprising Community how well you can do.

Qpidity: 7/15: You had more time, and posted often.

Knil1: 4/15: You did not post as often as the other two, and there were some grammar issues.

Anduril: 1/15: I saw one post. If it wasn't for circumstances, I wouldn't usually even give that, but there were issues with the RP as a whole.

Please do not take these scorings as an insult, they are not meant that way. They are meant to be fair to all RPers on this forum.

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Oct 29 2009, 05:55 PM
Post #26

Team Rogue: Pidgeotto
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 814

PANE: Darryn Kellor

Hidden Agendas is now complete!

Participants:

Living Arrow: Ivy Kylarian
Umbrae Calamitas: Iris Sagira Smythe
Pumpkin King: Victor Bays
Master Houndoom: Jay Lange

Start Date: 27th July 2009
End Date: 29th October 2009
Length: 59 posts

Summary: After her ordeal on the rooftop, Ivy awakens after undergoing heavy medical treatment including a series of psychological modification techniques. She and Victor Bays are set with the mission to capture a Magma by thename of Linda Laird. Sagira and Jay are assigned as the lower-level grunts to Ivy's mission but issues arise early on that break down the team morale. As the group falls into pieces, Victor aims to have Sagira and Jay 'taken down a peg or two'. Jay, Sagira and Ivy all give chase after Laird, losing her at the final moment. Both Sagira and Ivy are hospitalised and leave the health facility only to find Victor has teamed up with Linda, supporting her false allegations that Jay Lange had raped and abused her.

--------------------
Darryn Kellor ~ ~ PANE Moderator ~ ~ Lori Pardare
PANE Characters (click to show)
LA's Plays (click to show)

Unovalocke (click to show)
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Oct 29 2009, 07:26 PM
Post #27

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

Holy cow! I read the first page, seemed like an interesting RP. Now I read this summary to find that a whole bunch of stuff went down horrified.gif . Now I have to read the rest.

I suppose while I'm reading, I could grade it. Please note: I've got tests out the wazoo for the next two weeks that I kind of need to study for. So if it takes too long...go make Doc do it xP.gif.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Nov 6 2009, 01:43 PM
Post #28

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Review of Hidden Agendas

So this would be my first Uprising RP that I’ve read from beginning to end. I was worried that I wouldn’t get much of the story, but everyone worked together to provide background tidbits. I love the chemistry between characters; Jay and Sagira make a believable couple (not the disgusting lovey-dovey kind), and the Jay-Sagira-Victor partnership was equivalent to tossing sodium into water (maybe more subdued in the beginning). It ended with the promise of violent retribution, something that ought to get readers looking forward to the next installment.

I do have one criticism, however. I know Uprising is a different environment than PANE, but there was a significant amount of cursing, in particular a few F-bombs. No, it wasn’t every other word (which is why I didn’t take off any points for it), but F-bombs are generally reserved for R-rated movies. This isn’t an R-rated RP as far as I know. Global Forum rules state that it’s “not encouraged” so, for the children’s sake, watch your language.

In addition, there was a significant lack of battling, so that hurt most participants’ scores. I did not count human vs. human battles in those scores. Also, I was a bit lenient on the rank score, as I’m still learning how to distribute those points.

Living Arrow: Ivy Kylarian (click to show)

Umbrae Calamitas: Iris Sagira Smythe (click to show)

Pumpkin King: Victor Bays (click to show)

Master Houndoom: Jay Lange (click to show)

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Jonahman10
post Dec 9 2009, 10:35 AM
Post #29

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 608

Awsome

The Ambush is done. It was doing well for awhile and at the end it crashed an burned due to lack of inactivity and me becoming uninterested and only posting low-quality posts near the end. A group of people find their way into a rebellion hideout. They go on a very small mission at the end.
Active Participants:
Jonah Hiffin Rebellion
Kendrick Blank Rebellion
Maeko Rebellion
Aubrey Rebellion

--------------------
My websites (click to show)

My Acomplishmnents (click to show)

A pokeplush levels up when clicked, So click it!
Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!
Friend's eggs

My eggs;
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Dec 15 2009, 04:41 PM
Post #30

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

The Ambush:

Generally, I found this RP to be a bit confusing. There were parts where it seemed things had been skipped over, or that characters appeared somewhere other than where the last few posts would have left them. This is especially evident in the beginning, and things became a little more streamlined in the end. Part of this may have been due to many characters leaving before it was finished.

I would also like to remind EVERYONE that the Rebellion is not very well known. They are a ragtag group of trainers, not a well organized machine. Not yet. Magma suspects they exist, but Aqua has no idea. Also, they most likely do not have anything uniform as far as clothing is concerned.

Jonah Hiffin (click to show)

Kendrick "Blank" Blank (click to show)

Maeko Hana (click to show)

Aubrey Lee (click to show)

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
+Quote Post

rt117
post Jan 27 2010, 04:11 PM
Post #31

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 52 812

PANE Team

Looking for Aid has finished!

Participants:
Violet Hunter
Trace Warel
Daniel Morgan III
Richie Demetrius Palmer

Start Date: 12th November 2009
End Date: 27th January 2010
Length: 182 posts

Summary: The thread begins with Violet Hunter on one of the rooftops, looking across the city in thought. She is spotted by Trace Warel, who eager to test his skills battles her. Partway through the battle the roof starts to crack a bit (through her Rhyhorn's weight) so they retreat down a fire escape, Trace falling near the end and getting knocked out. She helps him to the Pokemon Center, and as they spend the night there. When morning comes around they are greeted by two new trainers: Daniel and Richie. Shortly after they both introduce theirselves, two Magma grunts kidnap Violet and take her to an abandoned warehouse. There she discovers her father escaped from them some time ago, and the rest of the group come in and help rescue her. They escape up the buildings fire escape (where Trace gets knocked out again) and after some harrowing scenes manage to return to the Pokemon Center. There Daniel finds his old babysitter Helena, who was sent to take him back to Goldenrod to his father. After a bit of talking he manages to walk away, however the group's trouble has not ceased, as Violet discovers that she lost her Charmader during the retreat. She spots a Pichu using her Pokemon's Pokeball as a toy, so she sends her Rhyhorn after him, knocks him out then captures him. The trainers go their own separate ways as Richie takes Daniel to go get him joined up with the Rebellion, Violet returns to the Pokemon Center, telling the two that she would catch up with them later on.

Captures:
-Trace captures a Shroomish around the rescue scene
-Violet captures a Pichu near the end

This post has been edited by rt117: Jan 27 2010, 04:13 PM

--------------------

Click above to go to the Party!
PANE RP Character profile: Tikal Faylen: @ lv. 18 : @ lv. 17 : @ lv. 17 : @ lv. 18
Uprising RP Character profile: Sera Taisa: @ lv. 20 : @ lv. 18 : @ lv. 18
PANE Character Progress- - - - - - - - - - - Tikal Faylen - Furoh Wiki
Uprising Character Progress- - - - - - - - - - - Sera Taisa - Uprising Wiki
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jan 27 2010, 04:27 PM
Post #32

Team Rogue: Pidgeotto
Group Icon

Member No.: 814

PANE: Darryn Kellor

Looking for Aid: This RP was, for want of a better word, shocking. And not in a good way. The first portion consisted of posts that were extremely short and I found the entire thing a bit confusing. Below are your personal comments but here are a few general ones first:

1. Battles. If you battle another player, PLEASE do not post one move and wait for a response. Take it to pms and have larger chunks posted in one go. This is your first and only warning (rt117 and Trace Warel).
2. Use a spellchecker before you post.
3. Write a bunny permission disclaimer at the start of the opening post. Putting words in another character’s mouth will otherwise be considered God-modding.
4. Read the rules and history of the teams before posting. There were mistakes thrown all over this RP.

None of you are gaining faction exp - no missions were clearly defined and so no points can be awarded.

I expect more from you guys, next time.

rt117 - Violet (click to show)

Trace Warel - Trace (click to show)

Daniel Morgan - Daniel (click to show)

Protoman - Richie (click to show)

--------------------
Darryn Kellor ~ ~ PANE Moderator ~ ~ Lori Pardare
PANE Characters (click to show)
LA's Plays (click to show)

Unovalocke (click to show)
+Quote Post

knil1
post Jan 31 2010, 08:01 PM
Post #33

also known as Duzzel. ^_^
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 392

Dream Party

The Night the Moon was Gone is submitted.
It is incomplete due to inactivity, but it was close to ending, and it's understood that Harrison was freed.

Participants:
knil1 - Jened Tenkuu - Rebellion
Dragon Maiden - Adele Rosenthal - Rebellion
*Zarkan - Melody Prance - Rebellion

*Zarkan went inactive towards the beginning, so the RP was continued as if Melody never joined the group.

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jan 31 2010, 10:54 PM
Post #34

Group Icon

And a Golurk

It will take time, but I will grade it wink.gif.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Toogee
post Feb 3 2010, 11:29 PM
Post #35

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Review of The Night the Moon was Gone

Good RP, though I didn't like that it was cut short. I hate when that happens. Enough chi-chat...

Jened “Sol” Tenkuu- knil1 (click to show)

Adele Rosenthal- Dragon Maiden (click to show)

Melody Prance- kaelanlevesque (click to show)

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Feb 10 2010, 12:03 AM
Post #36

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 282

Active Squad

Hmmm.

Hmm.

HMMM.

Efntlekh Egoizm suffered from laziness on my part, and an influx and outflux (making words up, the moderly way) of RPers made things shakier and shakier.

The plot, such as it was, was the Team Magma requesting Seymour's services (or not, they're damningly vague) as to bust a smuggling ring. He hires the poor to do his dirty work, and something happens with a man with a visor and something and we have fun. I'd like this RP to be considered non-canonical.

I'm pretty sure Seymour's the only active character still around, but for posterity's sake:

Seymour Tomaski- Doc
Beryl Rainrex- problematic
Elysian Sable- Elysian Sable
Varius Fitzregard- yeahveryeah
Cassi Reidel- Jess P
DuFor Carlisle- blackforst

basically, i'm scumming for points.

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Feb 11 2010, 11:24 PM
Post #37

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Alright, I'll get on this. Since everyone else is MIA, I'm only grading Seymour. If they have a problem, they can tell me.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Toogee
post Feb 12 2010, 08:42 PM
Post #38

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Review of Efntlekh Egoizm

Not much to say here since the RP ended early. It certainly looked promising. Obviously, since the mission didn’t even start, no mission points.

NOTE: Since Doc is the only one of the group actually Rping, I decided to be lazy and grade only his character. If I’m wrong, then the interested parties can PM me for a grade.

Off we go!

Seymour Tomaski- Doc (click to show)

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Feb 27 2010, 11:07 AM
Post #39

Sacred Guardian of the Ice-type
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 138

Cold as Ice

Family Matters is complete!

Participants:
Adrian Korvaks- Fei Fei
Vincent Lance- Vincent Lance

Began: August 22nd, 2009
Ended: It never did.

Originally, this RP was the sequel to A Dubious Operation, where Adrian and Vincent would meet once more, this time at a Magma storage house. The Dubious Disk from the previous RP would have been stolen by a man and a woman, both high-ranking Rebel officers and, ironically, Adrian's parents.

Unfortunately, my partner, Fei Fei, has been....inactive, to say the least. Four months I waited, no reply. The only one I got was from some random person. After a while I left as well. I coped by retreating to fire Emblem Planet, where I have been very active in the Radiance Lost roleplay. This RP has bugged me, though, and I want to give it a proper burial.

Please and thank you.

--------------------
This is my story series. I'm done posting the second book! Read it!

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Feb 27 2010, 12:59 PM
Post #40

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Alright, I'll grab this one.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 01:42 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.