Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Closed TopicStart new topic
The MirrorMist at Twilight, Team Rogue Conquer Petropolis!
Living Arrow
post Sep 4 2011, 10:05 AM
Post #81

Team Rogue: Pidgeotto
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 814

PANE: Darryn Kellor

“Thanks, guys – see you at the Fidona Contest Hall!” Darryn waved off the latest batch of fans that had cornered him in the Pokemon Center. With his latest win slowly sinking in, it was difficult not to wear an enormous smile with every fan that came his way. Whether it was screaming girls, kindly OAPs or even fellow Co-Ordinators who had not made the grade during the Appeals round, he stood by patiently and allowed the flash of camera bulbs blind his eyes at the Reception desk of the Pokemon Center without complaint.

Finally, when the lights dimmed in his eyes, Darryn found himself staring into the gaze of none other than Elliot Weathers.

“Er…”

“You must be Darryn Kellor,” The Pokemon Stylist said, nudging his thick-rimmed glasses to the top of his nose. Darryn could see that the lenses were flat, proving them to be a mere accessory – nothing less from The Great Elliot Weathers. Just being in the global designer’s presence made Darryn feel weak. The joy from his Contest win were forgotten as almighty awe took over. “The young man who just won the Mirrormist Ribbon?”

“Yuh-yessir.” Darryn blinked. Elliot Weathers was talking to him! Him!

For all of those trainers who were not aware, Darryn could have spent hours talking about Mr. Weathers’ achievements, fashion tips and television appearances but for now the rest of the world was forgotten.
Clad in a perfect Indigo suit with lavender pinstripe made by his own fashion label (WtW – Whatever the Weather) and polished black leather loafers, matching spectacles and styled-to-look-messy hair, Elliot Weathers clearly didn’t take any days off from his profession. His smile was clean and bright, skin flawless and eyes lazily hooded even when creased at the corners in a smile. If Darryn had been fifteen or twenty years older, he’d probably try to get a phone number off of the stylist but he wasn’t dumb enough to try (Elliot was probably older than his own Dad!).

“Well, then,” Elliot Weather went on, “it gives me some pleasure to inform you that our talent scouts that reported you as a rising star in Arasam have now confirmed your status as a competent Co-Ordinator and we’d like to sponsor you through a style-development program.”

“Buh…”

“The 4-week course comprises much of what you will have been doing in your training already but you’ll also be giving lectures to local aspiring young Co-Ordinators in Petropolis. You’ll have access to advice from all of our top-level stylists and beauticians throughout the sponsorship and we would, of course, foot the bill for your living expenses throughout.” Elliot Weathers went on. Whether or not he noticed that Darryn had phased out onto a plane of pure cool leaving his face in a state of pure shock, he didn’t let on. “Is this something that you’d like to get involved with?”

Darryn blinked. It was un. real. Did Elliot Weathers just invite him to join a stylist development program?! All expenses paid?!

“Uh, yu-huh.” Was all Darryn could get out. Later on he’d have to yell at himself for being such a yokel in front of Elliot Weathers but right now he was riding the wave.

“Good!” Mr. Weathers passed a stylish leather shoulder-bag to Darryn and nodded firmly. “In here you will find all of your enrolment material for the course and dates for when you are to give talks at a variety of Pokemon schools within the city. At the end of your course a certificate will be passed on to you via carrier-Pidgey in five-to-ten working days and we’ll give you a call for an informal feedback session.”

“Mmhmm.” Darryn grunted through his broad grin.

“Right. Well, welcome to the team, Master Kellor.” Elliot Weathers held out a hand for Darryn to shake. He took it quickly and rejoiced in the smooth firmness of the celebrity’s palm while vowing never to wash that hand ever ever again. “I have a couple of extra meetings to make this afternoon so I must dash. Please prepare for your course this weekend – your first lecture is Monday afternoon.” And with that, the man out of fashion stardom clip-clopped in his expensive shoes out of the Pokemon Center.

“Next Monday?!” Darryn blinked after the man like a startled Hoothoot.

“Oh, Dar! Look it’s Jaima and Meiko! They look, lik, totally psyched so I bet he won! Let’s go see how he did!” Lyla dragged her cousin enthusiastically by the arm.

The video of Jaima's battle went by in front of Darryn's eyes slowly as he relived the past minutes of his life again and again. Being head hunted by someone like Elliot Weathers was not something he should take lightly or without massive gratitude. When Darryn had begun his journey he had been a regular Pokemon Trainer like Jaima and after only a short while he had come to be involved with and love Pokemon Contests. Yes, it was a natural transition given his background and interests but had he seen it coming? Not in a million years.

And now, after getting only his second Ribbon, Darryn was being given another opportunity. One that he could not turn down.

*I'm going to have to leave them.* Darryn told himself slightly as Lyla whooped at the television screen - the Gym Leader's Espeon and Umbreon falling together. *But I've been with them for so long now that I don't know how to travel without them... They've supported me so much and I'm, what? Turning my back on them? Is that how they would see it? No. They'd still tell me to do whatever it took to make my dream come true but I don't want to see them go...*

"Go on! Like, punch him in the face! Yeah, Shadow! Woo!" Lyla rocked at Darryn's side, completely engrossed in the video.

*But I wouldn't be alone. Lyla would be with me until she has to move on with her own work... BUt then, I could stay with her - we both need to go to Fidona soon. It's hard, but there's nothing for it, really... I'll tell them all tomorrow. Darryn Kellor's going it alone.*

--------------------
Darryn Kellor ~ ~ PANE Moderator ~ ~ Lori Pardare
PANE Characters (click to show)
LA's Plays (click to show)

Unovalocke (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Sep 9 2011, 06:29 PM
Post #82

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

Jaima smiled and kissed Meiko's cheek as she returned with her camera. She leaned up and whispered in his ear, raising her brows as she looked up at him, pulling back. A smile tugged at the corner of her lips, half amused, half mischievous. Jaima nodded.

The Pokémon Center in Petropolis was humongous, easily rivaling those from Goldenrod or Fuchsia, almost as big as the one in Castelia City in Unova. In a land sprinkled here and there with townships and villages, a sprawling metropolis was almost out of place. With the larger space came more amenities, and Jaima had managed to secure them a sort of private screening room, added on for just such an occasion. It was here, a cozy space with open doorways that allowed bystanders to come in, if they so desired, that Team Rogue (plus Lyla) gathered to watch the video.

Unfortunately, the room was not large enough for all of the pokémon to be out, especially since many had doubled in size since the beginning of the journey. Jaima's problem wasn't so bad: Ember, Shadow, and Fang were still being cared for. Mercury floated at his shoulder, as usual, and Grondir at his feet, making himself voluntarily useful by bringing, and holding, a cool fruit smoothie in the bulb on his back. Tsunami had decided to go soak (literally), as she had seen the battles from the stands.

Meiko had giggled, but brought Cosette out, who trotted and sat next to Grondir. Nightwish soon popped out of her ball, earning a wary glance from Mercury.

Why, I'm surprised to see you out of your ball, Mercury sent with a cool feel to the mental communication. I would have thought it was time for your nap.

Nightwish sneered slightly, but that was the only indication of her ire. I am onwy hewe in the intewest of equaw wepwesentation fow my twainews team. Jewk. the gothita sent haughtily.

Mercury's eyes hooded. It's not a competition, dearie. We all trust each other.

So you say, Nightwish cooed with condescending cheerfulness, but she has doubts. Wots of dem.

Mercury gave no answer, but stewed in her own mind. The gothita had hit the mark earlier: If not for her, Mercury could have looked to find what kind of doubts Meiko might have, and help assuage them. But it would be rude to do that to another pokémon's trainer. This wouldn't be nearly so bad; with a pokémon like Cassandra, Mercury could trust that pokémon to take care of things. With someone more like her, she could either offer to help or wait for the other to discuss the issue. Nightwish..?

Nightwish was evil.

Jaima stood as Meiko went to hook the camera to the television, smiling at the group. "Folks, I do want to show you my battle. It was my best one so far, and I'm proud of it. But I have a rare treat. Ladies and Us, Darryn... I present to you Reilly Coons!"

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Sep 13 2011, 12:33 AM
Post #83

Team Rogue: Espeon
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 443

Tuesday's Pack

"If you can defeat my first two pokemon, you will then face Buzzard." The bitter cry of the mandibuzz seemed to frazzle through the air as the vulture pokemon perched upon the rafters. Fierce red eyes sought out the forms of the two pokemon who stood on either side of Reilly, as though she were already waiting for the two of them to fall. Mandibuzz were, after all, scavengers; the idea that she was merely anticipating their doom sent shivers racing down Phoenix's spine, and Indiana clutched his tail just a little closer.

"If you're ready, then, Master Coons." Despite Vega's cheerful demeanor, and his clear excitement for the coming battle, the air in the gym seemed darker now than it had been. Reilly swallowed thickly and, unable to speak, merely nodded sharply. He had been through many battles before, winning and losing, but why did it seem like this was the most important one? He has defeated the Sinnoh League completely; this new region was nothing to be concerned about.

The gym leader's pokeballs burst open to reveal his first two opponents. "Indiana, you're on the sneasel! Phoenix, take the slowbro!"

That had been his first mistake.

It had been hours since his battle had completed, but Reilly was still beating himself up about it. There were so many things he could have done better. He should have sent Indiana against the slowbro. The pokemon would still have had a type advantage against the monferno with his water attacks, yes, but he was at least a secondary evolutionary pokemon. Phoenix might not have been fainted so early in the game if he had given a thought to placing her against the sneasel. Her fire-attacks would have done wonders against the partial ice-type, even without being a partial fighting-type, like Indiana.

Reilly ran a hand through his hair, making the crimson locks stand up even more than usual. Buttercup had really salvaged the match with her electric attacks, once the mandibuzz took the field, but Reilly was still mad about how the match ended.

The sound of a voice calling out an attack - "Fury Swipes, and keep away from his claws!" - sounded eerily familiar, like hearing an echo of his own voice down a long hallway. Reilly turned to see where his voice had come calling from and saw a group of some-familiar faces regarding a television in one of the group rooms in the pokemon center.

Reilly moved over to the room, the sound of a pokemon battle getting louder the closer he got. He saw a few familiar people plopped down on a couch - there was Jaima, and the redheaded loudmouth he travelled with. The fancy kid, Davin or whatever his name was - bloody show-off. And there was the runt. There was another girl sitting on the couch, practically laying on Davin, who seemed to be a part of their group. There were other people there, too, who didn't look like they were there to be with Jaima's group, but just to watch what was on the television. The were sitting in armchairs or standing behind the couch. One lanky dark-haired kid was balanced on the arm of the couch, his eyes glued to the television.

Reilly slipped quietly into the room and into a back corner, out of the way of the other people in the room, but somewhere were he could see what was showing on the television. And as he regarded the screen, he saw himself (a surprise, despite his expecting it) standing on one side of a pokemon arena, facing off against Vega.

As he watched, Indiana ducked the fury swipes attack from the sneasel and backflipped, smacking his opponent in the chin with his tail as he moved out of the way of another attack.

"Fire Spin, Indy!"

"What the hell's the kid doing just using fire attacks on a sneasel?"

Reilyl jumped at the commentary and turned to see one of the kids standing behind the couch was sneering at the television screen. A few of the others, including some of those from Jaima's group, seemed to have been drawn to the boy by the question. "The sneasel's a dark-type. He should be using fighting attacks. Any half-assed trainer knows dark is weak to fighting!"

"And anyone with enough sense to think before acting knows that sneasel is part ice-type, and ice is weak to fire."

Jaima, who had kept his eyes on the screen while the boy was talking, glanced back to make his point. "Their trainer is thinking before he acts, and conserving energy for the greater battle with the third pokemon. It's a wise decision."

The boy quieted down for a moment, before muttering, "I would have just used fighting attacks. The battle would have ended faster."

"Arrogance diminishes wisdom," Tuesday murmured under her breath, without turning from the battle on the screen. She had been engrossed from the beginning of it. Back in Pallet Town, she loved it when the trainers came through to visit Professor Oak, because many of them would challenge each other to battles and she would be able to watch. It was one of the ways that she learned so much about pokemon (what she didn't read in books, at least), and it taught her to be prepared for the strangest of combinations from your opponent.

She hadn't ever been concerned about berries before from of the trainers passing through town had given their pokemon some to use during a battle. After one particular battle that had been close the whole way through had been won by the weaker opponent due to the use of a berry, Tuesday had taken to researching the different types of berries and uses.

Tuesday watched Indiana's fire spin send the sneasel flying backward into unconsciousness. The pokemon had eaten a chople berry, which, honestly, probably wouldn't have been enough to save it from fainting even if the monferno had been commanded to use only fighting-type attacks. However, it would have been enough to allow the sneasel to cause more damage, and that was what won matches - not fanciness or a single attack, but the combination of attacks and accumulation of damage over time.

"It was smart of Reilly to have Indiana use fire attacks."

"I agree."

Tuesday blinked. She hadn't realized she'd said her thoughts aloud until Jaima agreed with her. She glanced over at him and he smiled at her, making Tuesday grin. She turned back in time to see Indiana got pummeled into the ground with a psychic attack, and see Reilly's third pokemon take the field.

"Electrike's a good choice for this match," Jaima said, sounding cheerful. He leaned forward eagerly, and Tuesday couldn't quell her own excitement. The electrike could probably easily handle the slowbro - he had been receiving damage from both the monferno and the growlithe, before fainting them both. But the mandibuzz... that was going to be an interesting battle to see.

--------------------
[align=center]

UPRISING MODERATOR[/align]
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Sep 18 2011, 09:59 AM
Post #84

Group Icon

Darryn watched in relative quiet as the Gym Battle between Reilly (the brat) Coons and the local Leader, Vega, took place. It was pretty straight forward in Darryn's eyes. One attack called, then another, and another - nothing like his own venture in the Petropolis Contest Hall. Yet again he was reminded of how far he had come since starting out as a Trainer in Gigarte. Being a Co-Ordinator had meant not only a shift in battle tactic but also style, basic Pokemon health and the sacrifice of power to maximise on poise and precision. Did that make his Pokemon weaker than if he had trained them to fight Gym matches? He wanted to say 'no' but his experience in Arasam taught him otherwise.

"Hey, Dar..." Lyla elbowed her cousin back to reality.

"Hmm?"

"Are what these guys saying, like, true? Fighting types totally beating down dark types? Conserving energy? I, like, don't get it..." She mumbled, unable to truly remove her gaze from the screen as he eyes flickered between Darryn and the ongoing battle.

"Uh, you know that, Lyla." Darryn rolled his eyes. "You went to the Pokemon Academy and I doubt you'd forget simple match-ups like those."

"Oh, yeah..." Lyla blushed quickly, her face matching her pink-infused Emotaglow of embarrassment.

<You and I both know you're not some dumb blonde, Lyla.> Darryn sent to her silently as they continued to watch the battle. <And we both also know that you're not a complete beginner when it comes to battling. So, why try and show yourself off as someone who doesn't know the basics?>

Lyla's face flushed deeper. Darryn peered into the depths of her Emotaglow but found not one trace of deceit in there... He blinked.

<You did pass battling 1-0-1, didn't you?>

Lyla's eyes tore from the screen, locking with her cousin's in a wide-eyed glare that not only sang with fear but also anger and more than a little desperation. Darryn's jaw dropped. Lyla was unable to send messages back to him but he didn't need to hear her to know she was begging him to stay quiet. She had studied at the Johto Pokemon Academy - a school for people who excelled in certain fields of Pokemon training - and battling had been only one of the basic classes she would have been enrolled for.

<You didn't pass?! You flunked it!? But your mom and dad... OH MY GOD! You haven't told them! That's why you're working now! You dropped out, didn't you!?>

What came out of Lyla's mouth at that point sounded less like "excse me, I need to go to the bathroom" and more like the sound a Rattata makes when you step on its tail... Darryn chuckled to himself as his red-faced cousin dashed off in search of respite and settled in to watch the end of Reilly's battle. Travelling with his cousin was going to be more eventful than he had first thought.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Sep 19 2011, 09:16 PM
Post #85

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

Reilly was growing increasing uncomfortable the closer they got to the end of the battle.

It was by nothing more than luck that his third choice of a pokemon was one that would have an advantage against Vega's. He'd no idea that the gym leader would have a fully-evolved flying type as his final battle monster, but that in itself seemed to prophesize his doom. He was pitting his small, amateur electrike against a fully grown mandibuzz. There was no way that Buttercup could win...

But the electrike proved to be a great deal more resourceful than Reilly had planned. Even when he felt that all was lost and he was staring his opponent's final, finishing move in the face, Buttercup moved on her own instinct to thwart the buzzard's attempts to take her down. In the end, her stubbornness won Reilly the battle, but she, too, lost the fight with unconsiousness. Only the fact that the mandibuzz fainted first won Reilly the badge, and he still wasn't sure he deserved it.

"That was a really close battle."

"Yeah, Vega had him cornered the entire time. I'd win all my battles too if I was that lucky!" The laughter that followed this sharp comment nearly caused Reilly to flinch. As it was, he stepped back into a corner of the and ducked his head as some of the people took their leave. He didn't want anyone to recognize him.

Jaima and his group didn't leave, though, and some of the other people remained, or others stepped into the room as the second battle on the recording played. Reilly watched Jaima's battle against Vega with rapt attention. The blonde-haired boy was an incredibly good battler... Reilly sighed. So much way better than him.

~*~

"Are Shadow and Ember okay?"

"Yeah, they're fine." Jaima called out the two pokemon in question, as well as Fang, who had battled Vega, as well. Pleased to see that the lucario and quilava were well, Tuesday grinned down at the luxray.

"Fang, you were amazing!" The luxray raised its head proudly, as though this should be obvious to anyone, and Tuesday startled the pokemon by hugging him soundly around the neck. "I wish I had been there to see it," she said, and released the lion pokemon, only to rub her palms down his mane. "You're so beautiful, Fang," she murmured, thinking about getting a chance to draw a picture of the luxray later. She'd always liked Fang, who truly was an incredible pokemon, and how amazing was it that he seemed to have changed so much from one evolution? Perhaps she could do some recordings on that...

"Oh." Tuesday folded her hands behind her back as she turned, somewhat embarrassed, to look at Shadow and Ember. "You two did a great job, too. It was an incredible battle." She grinned at Jaima. "I want to learn Japanese even faster now. Next time, I'll get to watch you battle, and I want to know what attacks you're using, when the gym leader doesn't."

Reilly kicked his foot against the wall, propelling himself forward, as he strutted out of the room. His loud display called all of their attention to him, and he turned his nose up as he made he way out the door. "Some would call such a technique cheating," he muttered, loud enough for them all to hear.

Though... it really was a great idea... He tried to ignore his thoughts as he left the room and headed toward his rented room for the night. I wish I'd thought of it...

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Sep 20 2011, 04:01 PM
Post #86

Group Icon

The end of Reilly's battle was an unpredictable one for Darryn. In his eyes, Vega had the battle won long before the the Mandibuzz had been summoned to take on like Buttercup the Electrike but somehow that tiny green Pokemon had won through. True, it was shear belligerence that had won the day for the challenger, but if Darryn had learned anything from travelling with his friends and watching his own Pokemon battle it was that personality and guts went a long way - sometimes even further than training itself. Heck! look at Zulu! That lazy beast barely lifted a finger in training but his mood swings made him a pretty effective battler when he got angry.

The battle ended and the surrounding groups of kids began to give their opinions on the battle. Darryn pursed his lips. Sure, the Coons kid was a complete brat but dissing him so openly after he won the match was just stupid. How many of those kids had the local Gym Badge? One? Maybe two at best?

It was all shrugged off. Reilly wasn't what Darryn was interested in - Jaima's battle had been the focus of his evening.

In the entire time that he had known the teen from Johto, Darryn had gained a lot from watching his friend train and battle. At first, it had been the way to treat your Pokemon like companions rather than pets. Then it had moved on to training with your own Pokemon after watching Jaima and Shadow spar almost every morning to keep both of their bodies and wits as sharp as possible. Later it had been guidance in the way individual Pokemon required personal traiing to suit their individual styles and needs. But throughout all that Darryn had never been the one to ask Jaima for strategy tips...

It was an odd thing. Strategy and combinations had always been one of Darryn's strengths and were absolutely vital for his new found profession as a Co-Ordinator so seeking advice from his friend had never really seemed necessary and yet here they were and Darryn was learning once again something new from the leader of their little group.

*Is there anything he can't do?*

Darryn watched as Tuesday and Jaima congratulated his combatants through thoughtful eyes. Jaima's strategy to dupe his opponent with a mask to cover his plan of attack was not only inspired but incredibly effective. If Darryn had been the one on the receiving end of that form of battling there would have been no way for him to counter any attacks effectively, let alone win. Then again, Jaima's plan had a flaw. It was incredibly minor but it was there. What if Vega had been able to speak Japanese? Would Jaima have been able to treat the Gym match the same way? Would the result have been the same? There would be no way to tell now but it did leave Darryn thinking that there must always be a backup plan to throw an opponent off even in a situation where your initial plan didn't go so well. After all, half the battle was between the two trainers rather than the Pokemon. It would take some thought, but with a great idea laid on the table he'd expand on it and come up with a developed plan for his next Ribbon...

*And now he's even teaching me how to battle. It's like he's getting stronger and stronger all the time and I'm... I'm what? A flashy brain-rapist? It's even more clear now. I have to find my way as a Co-Ordinator and as a Trainer to be able to get as strong as Jaima - sitting in the background isn't going to cut it anymore.*

There was a curt 'bang!' from the back of the room. Everyone's eyes flicked up and Darryn swiveled in his chair to see the fiery-haired Coons kid stalking from the room (his Emotaglow was matching his mane perfectly).

"Some would call such a technique cheating."

Darryn rolled his eyes. The brat had a lot to learn - listening to your audience's critique and not taking everything to heart was just one lesson coming to him.

"Whatever," Darryn sighed, turning back to face his friends, "I think that strategy was absolutely amazing - there was not only a language barrier to support the battle but your team didn't even have a delay to work out what you were asking them to do. That sort of training isn't just effective - it's super effective! Trust me, Jaima - we could all learn a thing or two after seeing a battle like that." He looked to Meiko and Tuesday then back to Jaima. "It doesn't matter how experienced we are or what training we've already done - that was an incredible match. The combinations were spot on, defences and offences completely balanced, and you kept your cool way better than I would have. You really do deserve to wear that third Badge no matter what anyone says about that strategy."

"Woah, chick-flick moment!" Meiko giggled.

"I'm totally serious!" Darryn laughed back. "I've got some serious training to do of my own now that I've seen that! But first, I'm gonna hit the sack and sleep this fame off - it's starting to reek of 'rising star' in here!"

There was a collective mock-groan as Darryn got up and made his way to the front desk to collect his healed Pokemon.

<You are sad, Prince Darryn?> Lady waited patiently by his tray of Pokeballs, her large chestnut eyes searching his calmly.

"I can always count on you to know how I feel, can't I?" Darryn sighed, slowly clipping the balls back onto his belt. He could subconsciously feel the weight of the MirrorMist Ribbon in his Ribbon Case weighing down the bag hanging off his shoulder. "Let's get to our room and I'll tell you all about it."

--------------------

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Sep 25 2011, 11:35 PM
Post #87

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Jaima felt his face heating up, first at Reilly's off handed snap about something being considered "cheating", and then at Darryn's praise. He had considered that he might have been cheating, but if he had, wouldn't Vega had called him on it? No, he didn't think so. There was no harm in using natural resources such as the fact that he was bilingual, so long as he commanded his pokemon properly. The battle in a gym wasn't just a battle for a badge, it wasn't just about how well the pokemon fought. It wasn't even about how well the trainer commanded them. The battle in a gym, in any sanctioned battle, was about both the trainer and the pokemon, and Jaima, for once, was proud that he had proven that he and his pokemon were a well oiled machine.

Meiko, however, was still looking angrily after Reilly, who had left in what sounded like a huff. Jaima, at first, felt the same, but noticed, perhaps (and he couldn't be sure one way or another anymore) with Mercury's help, certain clues about Reilly when he'd left.

He was speaking loudly and clearly, a sign that he had planned to say something he possibly didn't believe.

He had called attention to himself before leaving, to make sure he was heard.

His ears were red.

His fists were clenched.

All of those together screamed embarrassment, and, remembering how his previous battle with Otis had gone, he sort of felt the same way. He had been distracted from dwelling on the results by Tuesday's disappearance, and in the end, by the time all of that was done with, he hadn't paid attention to any feelings he might have after. His "sister" was safe, he'd won a badge, and everything seemed to be all right again.

But if he'd had time? He would have been embarrassed that, in the end, only that Tsunami had known Endeavor had saved him from a loss.

"What a little tool," Meiko mumbled. He sighed and squeezed her hand, and she looked at him, a mix of pride and defiance etched in her features.

"Go easy on him, Mei-chan," Jaima whispered to her. "I got my second badge in a similar manner."

Meiko blinked at him, then looked back in the direction Reilly had gone. When she looked back at Jaima, her lips were firmly pressed together. "That doesn't give him the right to be a little jerk."

"Nah, you're right," he said, causing a lot of the tension to go out of her posture. "He's got some issues to deal with, I think. But, hey, not everyone can be as awesome as me." He flipped his hair dramatically. Meiko responded how he'd hoped; with a smirk, a puff of air, and a light smack to his chest.

"Really, though, I'd love to see his next gym battle. I will lay you odds that he trains with his pokemon and learns more of what they can do." Jaima nodded.

Meiko raised a brow. "Oh? And why do you think he'll do that?"

Jaima winked at her. "I did."

He had to smile at Tuesday's enthusiasm. She wanted to learn learn learn, and he could tell she wanted to study Fang a bit as well. He'd give her the opportunity, of course. Just not right now.

He was tired. And he wanted to spend some alone time with Meiko.

As he, arm in arm with Meiko, walked back to their room, Tuesday still chattering (quietly, but it was still more than normal. Had they really ever called her "Silence"?) about learning Japanese, and Meiko happily giving her a demonstration of some choice phrases (Jaima'd nudged her once when something suggestive was implied, grinning at her, and Meiko had stuck out her tongue. Unknown to him, he'd just given a clear signal that the phrase was suggestive...) they said good night to the younger girl at her room and sauntered off together.

When they got to Meiko's room, however, she became nervous. Jaima looked at her, confused and a little concerned, but she smiled it off. "Um... I..."

She paled, looking over his shoulder, down the hall way. Jaima saw her expression change, and looked, but there was nothing there. When he turned back, Meiko was gritting her teeth. Jaima peered at her until her eyes met his, and then she put a hand on his chest.

"Trick of the light. I thought..." She shook her head. "I must be coming down off of an adrenaline high!" She laughed, a little too forcefully, but when Jaima opened his mouth to comment, she leaned up and kissed him. "I'm OK. I promise..."

Jaima looked at her, then took her hand. "OK. Do... do you want to..." he sighed, biting his lip. "Watch a movie?"

She looked at him, blushing and then, to her own surprise, nodding. "OK." She opened to door to her room and held it open for him, and he stepped in. As he did, she peered down the hall, then shook her head, as if to clear it.

There was no way Toshiro was here. She was just being stupid...

right..?

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Oct 2 2011, 08:08 PM
Post #88

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

There was a strange smell here.

Ashleigh sniffed the floor at the end of the hallway. Something had smelled last night, but his alpha had wanted him inside her room, and he hadn't wanted to leave her alone when there was a strange smell. He had curled up with her the previous night, protectively determined to keep her safe.

Now, however, it was morning. His alpha was getting dressed, and Ashleigh had slipped out of the room to find the strange scent that he had smelled the previous night. It was here, at the end of the hallway, that a scent lingered, though he could not place it. But it was here, close to his alpha, and could be a danger, so he would not forget it.

And if he smelled it again, he would know.

~*~

Tuesday pushed the eggs on her plate around and around with a fork. Spearing a piece of greasy bacon, she nibbled on the crunchy parts and discarded the, unfortunately more frequent, chewy parts with a sigh.

"You okay, Tuesy?"

She glanced up at Jaima, putting a shaky smile on her face. "I'm just not hungry."

Jaima studied her face for a moment, clearly not believing her, but it was Meiko who leaned over and patted Tuesday on the hand. "I know you're nervous, honey, but you need to eat something. You're going to do fine on your battle today."

The admission served to remind Jaima of what was happening today, and make Tuesday sink lower in her seat. "I think I might forfeit," she mumbled, considering sliding below the table.

"None of that, Tue-chan," Meiko admonished with a smile and a waggling finger. "You know better than to up and quit. You'll be fine. We've seen you battle and you're great."

Tuesday merely whimpered in response, but she said nothing more about quitting. She held a pokeball tightly in her hands, trying to squeeze it to ward off the sick feeling in her stomach. She was so, so worried, but today was the day. Today, she had her first gym battle.

And she was so not ready.

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Oct 3 2011, 04:48 PM
Post #89

Group Icon

Darryn took a deep breath. This was it.

“They'll, like, totally get it.” Lyla rubbed Darryn's arm for comfort. “I can tell they really love you, Daz. All of them would, like, want you do go if it was what you wanted to do – that's, like, what friends are for.”

“Yeah...” Darryn whispered more to himself than to Lyla. He needed more convincing than his cousin could supply but there was no way around it. Logic would always win through as long as he was young and had a growing career. Friends would be friends forever but opportunities like these just wouldn't show themselves again in his lifetime.

“Here goes...”

And it was there, in the cafeteria of the Pokemon Center in Petropolis, Darryn told his friends that he would be leaving them and why. There was shock. Sadness. A mix of positive encouragement with hidden remorse. Everything that he could have really expected. Naturally, they were saddened that he had to leave right there and then to make it out to the first day of the course and would be missing not only Meiko's Pokeathlon debut but also Tuesday's first Gym battle.

“You'd better keep filming these things.” Darryn insisted to Meiko as he hugged her goodbye. “I'm going to watch every tape when we meet up next.”

“And anything the camera misses, I'll want to hear about in full detail from you, Tuesday.” Darryn chanced the hug and was relieved that the smallest member of the group didn't shy away. He had grown closer to her the the time they had travelled than he had expected that he would. Spending time with someone that much younger than him wasn't something he had done in forever and even so he didn't notice that he was her senior half the time.

“And you.” Darryn locked eyes with Jaima. Behind those thin-framed glasses, Darryn saw a completely different trainer to the one he had met in Gigarte. He was stronger, more decisive, reliable, kind and thoughtful about those around him. He was their leader in every sense of the word. “You keep getting stronger, Jaima.” Darryn grabbed him by the hand in a handshake but they embraced around their clasped hands all the same. In that grip, the Co-Ordinator grinned at his friend. “Because next time we meet up, we're going to have a rematch!”

Lyla watched on from what she called a 'safe distance' as Darryn said his goodbyes. Her cousin was really lucky to have found such an awesome group to travel with but Lyla considered herself even luckier. Yes, Darryn was her cousin but he was also one of her closest friends and to have him with her was literally the best situation that Lyla could think of.
To her, Darryn was not only a talented friend but a supreme confident and someone she could trust completely - there wasn't a safer pair of hands that could look after her in all of Furoh!

Slowly, Darryn's goodbyes were finished with the group and he made his way back to her – his eyes brimming with tears. Lyla waved politely over his shoulder and nodded to the group of trainers that she had met the day before with a smile that she hoped read 'I'll make sure you find him one piece' before she linked arms with her cousin and they left the Pokemon Center doors.

A single tear ran clear down Darryn's face as they made their way to the bus stop.

“Oh, great!” Lyla threw her arms up and planted them square on her hips.

“What?” Darryn wiped the tear away and stared back at her with wide eyes.

“I forgot you were a perfect crier! Can't you, like, do something without looking good at the same time?!” Lyla complained loudly. Darryn laughed and threw an arm around his cousin's shoulders.

“Nope, just the way I am!” He laughed, rubbing his eyes one last time and together they embarked on a new adventure.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Oct 7 2011, 05:43 PM
Post #90

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Meiko found Jaima staring out of a window in the large lobby of the pokécenter. Darryn and Lyla had already left, and the group had briefly gone their separate ways, both to deal with the emotions such a sudden parting had brought out and to see to their pokémon. Though none of her pokémon had seen much action that day, Meiko still had them checked over, a habit she had picked up early in her Journey: If she were at a pokécenter, she asked the Nurse to give her team a look.

Of course, Jaima had sent his pokémon in after his Gym Battle, even the three that had only watched. They had been released long before Shadow, Ember, and Fang, of course, and the Petropolis Pokécenter (East) was very efficient, allowing Mercury, Tsunami, and Grondir to be released while the other three were still undergoing some therapy.

She walked up behind him, stopping a few feet away. She had to talk to him, as well, but wasn't sure if he could take much more. A Gym Battle, watching a Contest, and now his best friend leaving was quite a lot to deal with.

She couldn't see his face, but she could see his shoulders, and they were tensed. She walked to him, slowly, and stopped only when he spoke.

"Heya, Mei-chan..."

She blinked a few times, and he must have noticed her confusion in the same way he noticed her presence. "Saw your reflection in the window," he said, before turning. Yes, there it was, as expected, that deep, sad look in his eyes. He was hiding it, and well, but she knew it from a few experiences with it. He had told her, once about a dream he'd had in which Tuesday had died and he had tried to go back in time to save her, only to end up killing Mercury as well from the repeated psychic backlash of the death. Even he had admitted the dream didn't make a lot of sense, but it had haunted him all the same. When they had arrived at Tuesday's Uncle's house and...

Well, it had been a hard time for them both.

It was there now, but not as deep as the last time, closer to when he had described the dream than when she had slapped him (bah, she thought, I was trying not to remember that part). She gave him a smile, trying not to notice that hers was much dimmed from usual. She, too, would miss Darryn.

"You OK, Jai-chan?" She reached for him at the same time he reached for her, and that caused both of their smiles to brighten considerably.

"Yeah. Just kind of sucks. You?" Meiko tried to give him a quizzical look, but it fell flat immediately.

"I'll miss him, that's all. All of them." Her voice dropped to a whisper. "Even Lyla."

Jaima wrapped his arms around her, and spoke, softly. "Not the first time, you know. That we've parted ways, I mean. Back in Lenoilia, I stayed behind while him and a girl named Mindy left with another travel partner named Darck. Mindy ended up going back home, and I haven't heard from Darck in a long time, but, as you know, we met up with Darryn again." He smiled. His next musings, however, were interrupted by the cry from a Swellow.

"Hey, wait a minute!"

"Mr. Postman?"

Meiko and Jaima looked at each other and grimaced, but shrugged, deciding to let it go. Just as they turned toward the door, it opened, and Mr. Postman, Jaima's family postal pokémon, soared through it to land in the lobby. He looked like a shiny swallow with a green vest that had gold stripes along the bottom, but it was actually more complicated than that. Jaima's mother had pictures to prove it, of a taillow's body with a spherical head. His mother had rescued this one from a lab in Japan shortly after a young trainer had broken up the team of villains that had funded it.

Apparently, the story was not that uncommon.

Hail and well met, Son of my Owner! I have news from the family! Meiko started, and blinking, looked at Jaima.

"Long story," he said, gently, keeping hold of her hand. She raised her brows expectantly. "Short version, he's half natu and has some psychic ability as a result... so... not that long a story."

Mr. Postman bowed to Meiko, but kept his attention on Jaima. An unfortunate accident over the ocean caused me to lose the mail I carried, he said, his mental voice sounding upset, however, he straightened. This is the reason I read the mails that are sent to me. Jaima blushed, and oddly, so did Meiko, but if the bird noticed, he didn't make comment. Your mother and sisters will be at the PokéCon in Furoh this year, and wish you to know and make plans to attend. Jaima blinked, and looked at Meiko, who also looked surprised.

A pair of thin, metallic tickets fluttered up and, almost uncontrolled, fluttered against Meiko as if blown by the wind. "ZUBATS!" she cried, backing away and swatting. "ZUBATS on my face!" She stopped, as suddenly as she started, narrowing her eyes and swiping the tickets from the air flushed bright red. "Don't DO that!"

My apologies, Mr. Postman did sound apologetic. I can sometimes cause the wind to move, but haven't the fine control of a true psychic.

From the corridor, out of sight from Jaima and Meiko by virtue of being mostly dark colored and floating near the ceiling, a single mental voice bore into Mr. Postman's consciousness. Stay away fwon hew! She mine!

Mr. Postman looked up, and, seemingly, surprised her when he sent his own single-target voice at her, more like a bludgeon than an ice pick, but almost as effective. I have n ointention of taking her. Nightwish scowled down at him, and, briefly, Mr. Postman allowed a smile behind his beak. Oh, you're going to be trouble...

Stay out of my deawings and you wiww nevew find out how wight you awe, came the mentally growled reply.

Meiko looked at the tickets, all three of them, and then looked up and grinned. "What do you say, Jai-chan? PokéCon? It's pretty soon!"

Jaima looked at the tickets, then reached into his pocket, tossing a aspear berry to Mr. Postman, who snapped it from the air, saluted, and lifted off, out the door. "Sounds like a good idea!"

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Oct 8 2011, 06:42 AM
Post #91

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

“Good morning, Tuesday.”

Sitting at the computer terminal, Tuesday smiled at her shalafi, her mentor. It had been too long since she had spoken to him, considering that before she had begun her journey, she’d seen him almost everyday. It was strange, to have separated herself from the people she once rarely left the company of. Perhaps she was growing up…

“Morning, Professor Oak,” she said quietly. Although her voice was slightly more subdued than when she usually spoke to him, she truly was happy to see him. Regardless, he still picked up on her mood.

“What’s bothering you, my very young apprentice?”

The obvious, and surprisingly rather adept, reference made her smile brighten a little, but there was a lingering sadness in her eyes. “A friend of mine that we were traveling with had to leave,” she said quietly. “I’m going to miss him, that’s all.”

It really was more than he just had to leave, though. Darryn had needed to leave so suddenly, and there had been no warning to his departure other than the one he gave right before he and his cousin walked out of the pokemon center. Tuesday wished they had known a few days ahead of time, or even a few hours, so they could have given him a better farewell or, as her uncle would have put it, a proper send-off.

Of course, DeBrody was always looking for more reasons to jump off of Voodoo’s back.

“Ah.” Professor Oak nodded sagely, calling Tuesday back into the here and now and out of the world of wishes and what-ifs. “Yes, I can understand that. Perhaps you can dampen that with letters, in the meantime.” He smiled at her. “You’ll reunite with him in the future, I imagine.”

Tuesday grinned at him. Of course they would! “That’s a good idea.” He smiled back at her, pleased.

“Now, not that your friend’s leaving isn’t worth focus, but I called to ask you something.”

“Hm?”

“You may have heard, or perhaps not, depending on how well you’ve been keeping up on the news, but there were a number of pokemon discovered on a new region. A number of these pokemon were being transported manually to various facilities on the four original regions, but unfortunately, the transport was compromised, and the pokemon escaped. No doubt they’ve been making themselves comfortable wherever they’ve found homes, and I’m not sad if that’s the case. However, a couple of the pokemon were set to be transported to my lab, and while I can manage well enough for some time without the majority, I was rather looking forward to one in particular.”

Tuesday was intrigued at this point, her normally cloud-like blue eyes clear and focused on the screen, immersed in the seeming-tale she was being told by the professor.

“I have some connections with some of the people who were trying to capture the escaped pokemon, and while they were unable to capture the one I had wanted, they did manage to tell me where he fled to. As it appears, he’s not all that far from where you are, and I was hoping you might be interested in performing a little field work for me, if you’ve the time.”

Tuesday sat up straighter. “Field work, sir?”

When she had left Pallet Town, with much reluctance, the professor had told her to consider the journey as performing work as a researcher in the field. Although his words were kind, she had always assumed that he’d intended only to placate her so that she would leave on her way. Although she was later, and now, grateful to him for his insistence, she had never thought any different, despite not contradicting people, like Jaima, when they introduced her to other people as a research assistant under Professor Oak. However, if he was honestly asking her now to perform field work…

“Yes, Tuesday. You see, I happen to have one of these pokemon on hand at the moment – a female. I had been planning on breeding her with her male counterpart, to record the differences between domestic and wild pokemon. However, being as this pokemon has managed to escape and immerse himself into a new region, that plan is likely to be void. The data will not be fixed, since he’s suffered a transportation process, malfunction, and lived in two separate regions.

“Instead, if you’re willing, I’d like you to go and find one of these pokemon for me – a male. It need not being the one I was having transferred to me. I would be surprised if you’d manage to capture the exact one. Instead of sending him directly to me, would you be willing to train them? It would be interesting, for the moment, to record data on the differences between the domestic pokemon, and one trained by someone on their journey.”

Tuesday’s grin was clearly apparent, for the professor was nearly laughing at the end of his speech, amusement and happiness glimmering in his kind eyes. All traces of sadness were forgotten in the wake of Tuesday’s utter excitement. This would be so much fun! It would be so interesting, to finally do some field work, to capture a new pokemon – a brand new pokemon from a new region!

“What pokemon is it, Professor?” she asked, nearly bouncing in her seat but trying to retain some semblance of professionalism.

“Your friend Jaima’s swallow, Mr. Postman, stopped by my office not long along, and offered to take the information to you. He should have a file with him containing everything you need.”

“Oh, he may be here, then,” Tuesday said, looking toward the door to her room. “Jaima and Meiko are still in the lobby, I think.”

“Very good,” Professor Oak said. “One more thing, before you go, Tuesday.”

The young girl looked back at the man she considered everything from a teacher to a grandfather. “Professor?”

“Since you’ll be performing field work under my instruction, I would like to suggest that you officially take on the title of Research Assistant. I’m sure you’ll perform this job well for me, and I have no doubt that I may need your help again in the future, should you agree.” He smiled at Tuesday’s emphatic nod.

“Wonderful! Now, I know you have a gym battle today, so I don’t expect you to begin your search until after it’s completed.” Tuesday blushed, not expecting him to have heard of it, though of course Brone would have told him after he’d heard about it in her letters. “You should call if you need anything or if you’re having difficulty, and good luck, Tuesday.”

“Thanks, Professor,” she said, grinning at him excitedly. “I won’t let you down.”

“I know. That’s why I asked you.”

OOC (click to show)

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:41 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.