Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Gigantamax!, June Coin Event
Jen
post Jun 8 2024, 03:59 PM
Post #1

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

Hello, everyone!

The theme for this month's event is based on Sword and Shield's Gigantamax Forms! Get ready for new evolutions by collecting all the necessary base forms!

The event will run from the 14th of June until the 30th of June at reset. (June 13th 11:55pm ET -> June 30th 11:55pm ET)
Start of event countdown.

bulbasaur.gif If you had any leftover Coins from the last event in April, your total will be reset to 0 when the event begins.

gastly.gif The Event Shop will remain open throughout the month of July.

eevee.gif When the event begins at the designated time, the following Gigantamax themed Pokémon will hatch with a Coin:

Applin
Blipbug
Bulbasaur
Caterpie
Charmander
Chewtle
Cufant
Duraludon
Eevee
Gastly
Grookey
Hatenna
Impidimp
Krabby
Lapras
Machop
Meowth
Milcery
Munchlax
Pichu
Rolycoly
Rookidee
Scorbunny
Silicobra
Sizzlipede
Sobble
Squirtle
Toxel
Trubbish

Meltan has been removed from hatching with a coin. However, it will continue to be available in the prize shop.

If you've saved enough Coins, you'll be able to exchange them for some lovely prizes in the Event Shop!
Prizes range from 10 Coins to a top prize of 600 Coins (plus up to 10 Repel at 1 Coin to help you use up any remaining balance before the shop closes at the end of July).

We hope you'll have lots of fun with this event!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

ThunderMoss
post Jun 8 2024, 05:42 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 47 440

Active Squad

Ah, fresh hunt (or hunt yet again) opportunities. But with so many possible Gigantamax Forms it will be time to adjust my non-shiny PC box allocation.

And a 2k event egg... that will make for some quick PC filling and early end of play.

Variety is always nice though so perhaps some other themes than brute max coin will appeal.

Regards,
-TM

ETA: Looking more closely there is also a 30k on the list which is real variety. I guess I ought to go look for the Mystery Box in the storage annex.

This post has been edited by ThunderMoss: Jun 8 2024, 05:44 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Isla de Monte Cr...
post Jun 8 2024, 07:42 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 27 612

Active Squad

SO excited to have so many new sprites and dex entries to fill out for Gigantamax!

As ThunderMoss says, my living dex boxes are going to take a beating, I'll need to spend a solid chunk of time rearranging to make the new entries fit since I had been ignoring them up until now

I'm also mildly alarmed that I now need another Munchlax shiny and it's going to haunt me with another ridiculously long hunt.

--------------------
+Quote Post

ThunderMoss
post Jun 8 2024, 08:11 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

I made a list and sorted it twice to check which felt naughty and nice. I am fortunate that tucked into the crannies of my PC were a couple spare shinies which will now have new options. I knew it would be useful to just keep hatching eggs...

While I am sure some of these will be achingly long hunts.... I am trying to just appreciate fresh opportunities. And I found the Mystery Box in the back of a closet and will test it out shortly.

It was nice to finish up a natural Sh. Living Dex a while back with some starters... I see that I can pursue them yet again. So I will save Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle until the last assuming I ever make it to the last again.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Eryth Violet
post Jun 8 2024, 08:22 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 400

Shiny

It's gonna be crazy if all the Gmax forms are being added at once. Whoa! I also think it'd be fine if only a few were added at once. Cool to finally them! Interested how the spriters managed to make their size fit.

--------------------

hi kingis
+Quote Post

Cytosine
post Jun 9 2024, 12:57 AM
Post #6

shloop
Group Icon

Group: +Contributor
Member No.: 37 706

swabbies

Very excited for this event. We've been working hard on it. :')

--------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Things I've contributed to GPX! (click to show)

+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Jun 9 2024, 03:13 AM
Post #7

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 207 612

Active Squad

Oh, thank the stars I can continue my 1200 and counting Duraludon hunt that had its donors start to dry up. Impidimp too?! I am eating GOOD this month! Those and Meltan are my only hunts left I've been actively pursuing. It's like GPX read my mind!

--------------------
|

He's watching you....so protect the environment!

+Quote Post

The Kraken
post Jun 9 2024, 12:20 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 240 765

Active Squad

Echoing the growing need for more PC boxes.
I currently have 14 for just releasable pokemon, which sounds like it should be plenty, but on a x3 multiplier day or two, its so easy to fill up and get stuck.

Excited for the event, though!

--------------------
+Quote Post

monster415
post Jun 9 2024, 03:23 PM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 66 401

Pokemon Walls

Excited to see the new hunt and to see all the new Gigantamax Form sprites!

Now for the all so important decisions of what hunts to prioritize...

--------------------
+Quote Post

SallyAnn
post Jun 11 2024, 04:54 AM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 240 333

Active Squad

I would definitely question the sanity of including pichu in this, normally when there is small eggs there is no shiny legend voucher.

--------------------
+Quote Post

WanderingPikachu
post Jun 13 2024, 11:12 PM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 118 709

Active Squad

Where are the daily tasks associated with this event that give you Prize Points at the end, based on how many you’ve done? I know there were some for April’s, when I came back to this site, but not sure where to find them… unless there aren’t any this time around.

--------------------
My party:

Jinjiro's party, posted with permission:
+Quote Post

pumpkinking0192
post Jun 13 2024, 11:18 PM
Post #12

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 141

Active Squad

QUOTE(WanderingPikachu @ Jun 13 2024, 11:12 PM) *
Where are the daily tasks associated with this event that give you Prize Points at the end, based on how many you’ve done? I know there were some for April’s, when I came back to this site, but not sure where to find them… unless there aren’t any this time around.

Those are two different events that are unrelated and just coincidentally happen to run mostly at the same time.

Those daily tasks are part of the Scavenger Hunt, which runs from the 15th onward in even-numbered months.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Delcatty
post Jun 14 2024, 01:05 AM
Post #13

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 688

Active Squad

I'm so happy to see Alcremie, which is one of my favourite pokemon, but could we possibly get one non-Enigma summoning item added to the event prizes please by any chance? ;; Enigma stones feel like such a nightmare to summon with and almost no control, whereas I'd happily take any other summon item. (Personal pref would be not Latis, but hey, I'd take that -- anything to have a little more control rather than hunting for like 9 different descriptions without knowing which I'm looking for...)

This post has been edited by Delcatty: Jun 14 2024, 01:05 AM

--------------------

I did it.
+Quote Post

Kingis
post Jun 14 2024, 02:29 AM
Post #14

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 89 638

Exploders~ (no pun)

I've said this on the Discord server (come join if you haven't already), but I wanna appreciate the fact that the mods took the time to make all of the Gmaxes and then make an event out of it instead of rolling them out one by one. love.gif love.gif love.gif

QUOTE(Delcatty @ Jun 14 2024, 08:05 AM) *
I'm so happy to see Alcremie, which is one of my favourite pokemon, but could we possibly get one non-Enigma summoning item added to the event prizes please by any chance? ;; Enigma stones feel like such a nightmare to summon with and almost no control, whereas I'd happily take any other summon item. (Personal pref would be not Latis, but hey, I'd take that -- anything to have a little more control rather than hunting for like 9 different descriptions without knowing which I'm looking for...)

I don't think there's any reason for any other Summoning Items, as no legendaries have a Gigantamax (besides Melmetal)...

--------------------

Also helping edit the GPX Wiki, PM me if you have any information that can be added
Spread the positivity! (GPX+ Appreciation Station)
Kormi#1421 @ Discord (click below to join and say hi!)

Shiny list (144) (click to show)
+Quote Post

Illusione Tempus
post Jun 14 2024, 02:48 AM
Post #15

Addicted to Genshin Impact
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 314

Milotic

QUOTE(SallyAnn @ Jun 11 2024, 04:54 PM) *
I would definitely question the sanity of including pichu in this, normally when there is small eggs there is no shiny legend voucher.

Little did this guy know, Milcery would also join the running of being a 2k egg in this coin event.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Delcatty
post Jun 14 2024, 09:13 AM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 688

Active Squad

QUOTE(Kingis @ Jun 14 2024, 02:29 AM) *
I don't think there's any reason for any other Summoning Items, as no legendaries have a Gigantamax (besides Melmetal)...

There are often summoning items that don't tie into the theme. None of the Galar birds were early route pokemon, yet they were in the last event. At one point we had a bird event and that had not just ho-oh and Lugia, but also Rayquaza which is not a bird. The Cosmic event had multiple summonable legends despite really only Rayquaza fitting. The bug stops here event also had multiple summoning items despite not a single bug summon. Same with the cats event too, no summonable cats, yet we still had multiple summoning items.

The summons sometimes coincide with the theme, and it's cool when they do, but they also often don't which is also fine! It's mainly a way to spend extra coins, which this event is kind of lacking once you get the main big prizes unless you for some reason want hundreds of Alcremie sweets. (Seems unlikely.)

Edit: I also think it's particularly important to have a second or even third summoning item as options given that both Pichu and now Milcery also are 2k eggs, meaning it's quite likely heavy hatchers will have plenty of coins left over. I still keep a small circle of GPX friends and I know for a fact I'm not the only one in that group that's always most interested in what the summons are for any given event. (Not that vouchers are bad, but they're very limited, whereas summons aren't.)

This post has been edited by Delcatty: Jun 14 2024, 09:41 AM

--------------------

I did it.
+Quote Post

ThunderMoss
post Jun 14 2024, 04:32 PM
Post #17

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

I am ok with more summoning alternatives but I think the inventory for all of these should be limited.

There are limits for Flame Orbs when they are in the event shop and I don't even bother to purchase these from the event shop.

Having limits preserves some of their special nature and also places a limit on how many coins are really worth pursuing... a steady point of diminishing returns depending on each player's interests and resources.

--------------------
+Quote Post

PuppyToast
post Jun 14 2024, 05:55 PM
Post #18

Part of this Complete Breakfast
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 19 787

Active Squad

We hope you are enjoying the Gigantamax event so far! This has been the largest update the site has seen in a very long time and I would like to thank Nick, Jen and the artists (Cytosine, Thiinka, Zefa, Entomolojest and Mosica and myself) for all the time put into making it a reality!

In attempts to better communicate with users, I'm making this post to highlight everything that was added and how it is obtained since they have been common questions. I'll use spoilers to my best judgement in case you want to discover things on your own since everything is still very fresh happy.gif Let me know if this is something you want me to try to keep up on in the future for releases! (They will probably not be this massive in the future so it will be easier to read lmao)

This event we added:

- One new account upgrade available in the main shop
- A Few New Forms For Available Pokemon
- 4 New Pokemon
- A Long awaited main shop addition
- Main Shop items to go with above releases

Spoiler: New Additions Unmasked (click to show)

Spoiler: How To Obtain New Additions (click to show)

Special Thanks To Cytosine and Thiinka (Spoilers for New Mons) (click to show)

--------------------
(◕‿◕✿)
Join the GPX+ Discord!
I'm a Mod and an Artist happy.gif Feel free to hit me up here or on the Discord with any questions!
+Quote Post

ChrisChin94
post Jun 14 2024, 06:40 PM
Post #19

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 86 640

Active Squad

QUOTE(PuppyToast @ Jun 14 2024, 06:55 PM) *
We hope you are enjoying the Gigantamax event so far! This has been the largest update the site has seen in a very long time and I would like to thank Nick, Jen and the artists (Cytosine, Thiinka, Zefa, Entomolojest and Mosica and myself) for all the time put into making it a reality!

In attempts to better communicate with users, I'm making this post to highlight everything that was added and how it is obtained since they have been common questions. I'll use spoilers to my best judgement in case you want to discover things on your own since everything is still very fresh happy.gif Let me know if this is something you want me to try to keep up on in the future for releases! (They will probably not be this massive in the future so it will be easier to read lmao)

This event we added:

- One new account upgrade available in the main shop
- A Few New Forms For Available Pokemon
- 4 New Pokemon
- A Long awaited main shop addition
- Main Shop items to go with above releases

Spoiler: New Additions Unmasked (click to show)

Spoiler: How To Obtain New Additions (click to show)

Special Thanks To Cytosine and Thiinka (Spoilers for New Mons) (click to show)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2024 - 11:00 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.