Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

READ ME FIRST

DO NOT make any 'click my eggs/Pokémon' threads/posts or any 'what is this egg' threads/posts or you WILL be warned 10% instantly!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Don't like the new way Firefox 3.5.6 opens tabs?, I figured out a way to open tabs at the end of the list again!
TQQ
post Jan 23 2010, 04:57 PM
Post #1

Justin
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2 244

Active Squad

With Firefox 3.5.6 came one very specific change: tabs open directly AFTER the tab that you are currently on. while this may be handy, this is bad for users of gpx+, seeing as it is easier to have all the eggs open at the end of the tab list, as you go through parties and open all the eggs in new tabs so you can do them all at once. after some tinkering, i figured out how to switch the way tabs open back to the way they were before the update.

to do this, type "About:config" into your address bar. there is only one option, telling you that you are about to mess around with delicate things. this isn't rocket science, so click on ahead. at the top, you will see a bar that says "filter". in that bar, copy+paste "tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent". one result should pop up. go over to where it says "false", right click it, and hit "toggle". instead of "false" it should read "true".

annnnnnnd you are done! tabs will now open the original way.

Happy clicking!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Haruko
post Jan 23 2010, 06:17 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 438

My Legendaries :D

this might come out useful thx

--------------------

I have a Meroetta!!!!

My Party:

My Shinies:

also, please click Haru

+Quote Post

TQQ
post Jan 24 2010, 09:27 AM
Post #3

Justin
Group Icon

Active Squad

Just to note: i was informed that my friend tried this, and it didn't work. HOWEVER, he went back, toggled it back to "true", and for some reason, tabs were opening normally after he restarted firefox.

also, it appears. 3.7 doesn't have this option, so you are SOL and should re-download 3.6 for optimal clicking, unless you are a godless machine that doesn't care. adding this to first post.

--------------------

+Quote Post

TQQ
post Jan 24 2010, 09:28 AM
Post #4

Justin
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(TQQ @ Jan 23 2010, 04:57 PM) *
With Firefox 3.5.6 came one very specific change: tabs open directly AFTER the tab that you are currently on. while this may be handy, this is bad for users of gpx+, seeing as it is easier to have all the eggs open at the end of the tab list, as you go through parties and open all the eggs in new tabs so you can do them all at once. after some tinkering, i figured out how to switch the way tabs open back to the way they were before the update.

to do this, type "About:config" into your address bar. there is only one option, telling you that you are about to mess around with delicate things. this isn't rocket science, so click on ahead. at the top, you will see a bar that says "filter". in that bar, copy+paste "tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent". one result should pop up. go over to where it says "false", right click it, and hit "toggle". instead of "false" it should read "true".

annnnnnnd you are done! tabs will now open the original way.

EDIT: Just to note: i was informed that my friend tried this, and it didn't work. HOWEVER, he went back, toggled it back to "true", and for some reason, tabs were opening normally after he restarted firefox.

also, it appears. 3.7 doesn't have this option, so you are SOL and should re-download 3.6 for optimal clicking, unless you are a godless machine that doesn't care.

Happy clicking!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Akina
post Jan 25 2010, 01:08 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 67 377

My Girl Crew

Yeh, LBC did mention this a while back.

--------------------

These eggs images are all those of my brother. I am on temporary hiatus (on the main site), but still use the forums. I wanted to put my signature to good use.

+Quote Post

Thaliel
post Jan 30 2010, 01:51 PM
Post #6

Spots on!
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 5 588

Posers

Forme, it is exactly the other way around, the value is set to "true" by default, and needs to be set to "False" in order to get back to classic tab view

--------------------
<-Plz click
+Quote Post

Burichu
post Feb 15 2010, 11:05 PM
Post #7

'Chu Lover
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 3 773

My favorites

I had to switch to "False" for it to go back to normal tabs, not "True" (it was already set to "True").

--------------------
Chuu avatar drawn by shoesuke on DA
Personal Photo of Burichu drawn by shujinkou on the ImpressiveHearts Forum

You Like Pancakes? (click to show)

Burichu sprite made by Team Sunset c:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:11 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.