Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
15 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
November Community Thread, Be sure to read the rules before posting!
Jen
post Oct 31 2017, 12:10 AM
Post #1

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

November Community Thread!

The October Community thread has been moved here.

If you're new here then don't be shy! The community thread is the place to come and chat with fellow members of the site who share a common interest with you. Talk about whatever you want, whether it's GPX related or something going on in your personal life, just be sure to read the rules first before posting. There's always someone on the forums to read and respond to your posts, so chat away and maybe you'll meet some great people!

Rules
  • Regular forum rules still apply here. Basically don't double post. Don't ask for clicks every time you fill your party. Unless it gets out of hand*, I'm okay with you linking to an exploration Pokemon who needs a specific berry.

*out of hand meaning I don't want to see Pokémon being linked just for leveling or if they need drinks for happiness. These kinds of interactions can be handled just fine by being in your parties and signatures.

• Do not post your shinies here, there's a shiny thread for that. Discussing them is OK though! Just make sure you add content to your post.

• Make sure your post contains worthwhile content. If you're posting an exploration Pokémon to be fed berries then be sure to add other content to your post. Same with discussing shinies. Find people to reply to or start a discussion yourself! Your post must, with the shiny portion and berry feeding hypothetically removed*, not read as if you're talking to yourself. To clarify, your post should not be an out-loud thought to yourself, and should contain more general discussion than just information on your current shiny luck.

*if you were to read your post, skipping over any mention of shinies, the post should still sound like a good post.

If any posts are found breaking this rule then they will be instantly deleted and handed a 10% warn.

• Do not post your GPX+ gear grinders in this thread either. There's also a thread for that. This is mostly for raging at staff or site events that you don't like.

Hopefully helpful examples! (click to show)

• Do not litter your post with swear words.

• Memes and Gifs are allowed, but don't overuse them. If the thread turns into nothing but meme and gif replies, I'll give everyone a 10% warn that was involved because it's just plain out spam! Make sure you put these in a spoiler tag.

• No quote pyramids! Be sure to cut out everything that was before what you're replying to. They can get long and make a page annoying to scroll through, so be considerate to your fellow members!

• A post must be AT LEAST one sentence long. If you’re saying hi or bye to someone be sure to add something more to your post.

• If you'd like to advertise something, then be sure you put it in your signature. Youtube, Deviantart (No smut), Fanfication (No smut), Twitch, adoptable sites, your own minecraft servers are all fine. If you Live stream give a heads up that you're live, but be sure to add content. Don't just link dump. Send a PM if you have any questions about anything else!
Monthly Raffle

Nominations are now gone, and I'm using post count to determine how many entries you have into the raffle. The first 19 posts you have will count as one entry, and every ten after that will count as an extra. Think of it as the first number of your post count is how many entries you have. To see what your post count is, click on the number of replies any certain thread has. Nothing else on the site will influence the amount of entries you receive, so if you'd like a chance to win, then post here frequently!

The raffle is what chooses who gets to choose what's in next month's egg distribution. There are no other site advantages other than that, and even then the whole site gets a chance at that Pokémon that you chose!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Jen
post Oct 31 2017, 12:15 AM
Post #2

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

November Egg Distribution!

How to get an egg from this event
  • You must keep at least one slot open in your party.
  • You MUST have logged in sometime on GPX+ in the last two weeks.
  • You can not be in the restricted group.
IMPORTANT EVENT NOTES
  1. No, you do NOT have to be online at the time I am sending out eggs.
  2. These eggs do NOT show up in the Lab for the event. They are sent out randomly.
  3. There is ONE set shiny for each Pokémon, but every other egg has a regular chance of being shiny.
  4. If you obtain ONE of the eggs from this event, you will NOT be able to obtain another one from this same event. This means if you get an egg on day 1 of this event, you can't get an event egg from any other day during this event. By the way, abandoning an event egg does nothing. So if you get one you might as well keep it and be happy.
  5. If we find any accounts being made just to get eggs from the event then they will be immediately banned along with your main.
  6. If you were a winner of the raffle, your chosen Pokémon will be spawned into your party on the day of the event. It won't be forced shiny, but there's always a small chance just like any other egg! This will not count as an event egg and you can still receive one from the event.
  7. There is no guarantee that you'll receive an egg.
  8. Eggs chosen will not be available to pick from again for 3 months. If x egg was in the January egg distribution, then it can not be chosen again until April.
  9. The event runs at 4 p.m. server time.
Event dates and what's being handed out
  • November 2nd: Raikou - Winner: x Sam - 200 eggs
  • November 3rd: Cosmog - Winner: Jade - 200 eggs
  • November 4th: Shadow Lugia - Winner: Alchemists Fire - 200 eggs
  • November 5th: Landorus - 200 eggs
  • November 6th: Cresselia - 200 eggs

--------------------

+Quote Post

Sportsfan666
post Oct 31 2017, 10:57 PM
Post #3

It's been awhile since I changed this.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 9 506

Active Squad

New month, new thread. I hope you all had a good Halloween. I'm happy thanksgiving is just around the corner.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Alex Mercer
post Oct 31 2017, 10:57 PM
Post #4

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 28 584

Diamond Team

Oooh, dang, I gotta hurry and finish DOTW - I like this month's explorations. Yeesh. Feeling the pressure.

I hope everyone had a good Halloween! I handed out candy. Not to sound curmudgeony, but it was kinda unsatisfying - most kids were ungrateful, moreso than I noticed in past years. I got very few 'thank yous' - a lot of them didn't even bother saying 'trick or treat', they just rang and waited silently for candy. :| There was also something where my mom had bought two coloring books in addition to candy for the next door neighbors' three-year-olds. Halfway down the driveway, one of them took the book out, threw it on the ground, and stomped on it before leaving. Seriously? I can get not wanting it, but...

So it was an awkward night, but I love the leftovers.

Think I'm going to go for Cosmog - I don't have one yet. Though if I fail, that TBD could be interesting.

This post has been edited by Alex Mercer: Oct 31 2017, 11:00 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Asbel Lhant
post Oct 31 2017, 11:00 PM
Post #5

King of Zinogre
Group Icon

Member No.: 139 518

Active Squad

Looks like I'm going after a Raikou for the distribution this month. I like any of the choices but I'll make sure to keep my party open to try and get Raikou.

We didn't get any kids for Halloween, it got cancelled because we were getting hurricane force winds. They plan on having it today instead so it'll be busy. We probably won't get many kids this year, so I'll be eating most of the leftover candy.

This post has been edited by Asbel Lhant: Oct 31 2017, 11:04 PM

--------------------
Zoom
+Quote Post

Veradana
post Oct 31 2017, 11:07 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 108 074

Team Soul Silver

ahhh, I forgot to open all my trinket boxes for October T_T. Guess I'll just have to save them for December.

Not sure which egg I'll try for this month, maybe Landorous? I think I have that one already though.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Storskarfen
post Oct 31 2017, 11:15 PM
Post #7

~nyuu...~
Group Icon

Member No.: 53 039

Maemai

November! The month of another SWSH, feast day, National Novel Writing Month, and when fall classes get iffy.

I'm interested to see what pokemon pops up for day three. Not sure what I'll go for yet.

As for trick-or-treaters, I was all ready for them, but Halloween got rained out sad.gif

--------------------

Hunting for shiny Spinda!!!

Avatar made by Tymid. So pretty!~
Pokemon Shuffle Friend Code: H6RW-PLKJ
+Quote Post

Megatron
post Oct 31 2017, 11:30 PM
Post #8

I am Nohrbat
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 018

Transformer-mons

Halloween was quiet, since the kids aren't allowed to go door-to-door being in apartments and all, eheheh. I didn't really get to do much regardless since my wifi is fighting me, and I wasted two hours looking up fan-art of a book series I'm re-reading.

I'm gonna try for Cresselia, if I can remind myself to leave a spot open, unlike last month.

--------------------

General Awesome (click to show)

Credits & Misc. (click to show)
+Quote Post

Sportsfan666
post Oct 31 2017, 11:33 PM
Post #9

It's been awhile since I changed this.
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 506

Active Squad

@Alex i know how you feel. I'm going to speed run the bird trio exploration and one of the other three before starting TBD. Hopefully I can finish it this month. If not, I'll at least have my legendary explorations done.

I took advantage of the pass power and successfully summoned three legendaries with ~750 eggs in the lab. I accidentally poached another one too while looking for the same legendary I was summoning. Here's hoping it doesn't hatch shiny so I don't need to feel bad.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Alex Mercer
post Oct 31 2017, 11:50 PM
Post #10

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 28 584

Diamond Team

Oh, yeah, it is NaNoWriMo, isn't it? Dang, now I need to get back to work. I plan on putting 50k down for my fanfic this month. Hopefully I can muster up some inspiration in short order.

I didn't even notice the summon power was up today, but I'll take it. I just summoned a Dialga and I was wondering when I'd activated it, so that makes sense. I'll summon a few more in the morning - the scavenger hunt gave me five adamant orbs' worth of points and the hunt must go on. 750 eggs isn't too bad, but it's not good, either. My 'nope' limit is 900 eggs; I won't summon over that. 600- is the best. I do like how the average number of eggs in the lab recently decreased - it had been steadily climbing, but now it's back to 400 on a non-multi day.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Running On Ice
post Nov 1 2017, 01:56 AM
Post #11

There’s a lot of tension in this town
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 626

Active Squad

Hard to believe that it's November already. Soon enough it will be Thanksgiving and then Christmas! As for Halloween, not much happened where I was. We weren't really in the mood to hand out candy. We haven't in years.

I'm doing the Reshiram/Zekrom exploration and I'm at a standstill at the moment thanks to a certain task.

--------------------
FRIEND CODE: 4527-8945-5766; NAME: Laura
FRIEND SAFARI: NORMAL; PM me so we can trade codes

Clubs and Shinies (click to show)

"Don't take advice from people like me. Do your own thing always"- Chrissie Hynde, from ironically a thing titled "Chrissie Hynde's Advice To Chick Rockers"
+Quote Post

Celltres
post Nov 1 2017, 02:02 AM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 126 142

Baes

Wow, November already? Damn 2017 has gone quick.

Managed to get off to a great start though....

Found a Cypress-bred Victini in the shelter. Think this is only my second Cypress legendary so pretty hyped about that. Think I'm gonna wait and see what the TBD egg is, since the rest I have or can get through explorations that I still need to do.

Mod edit: No egg identification or images!

--------------------
Why hai there.

+Quote Post

Hyukkie
post Nov 1 2017, 06:40 AM
Post #13

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 73 834

Active Squad

Oh, Cosmog, would be awesome to get it, since i didn't have the event yet... even tho i'm curious of that TBD one.

Wui, November already, 2017 just has 2 months left, wow.
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Nov 1 2017, 06:52 AM
Post #14

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

I think I'll be going for Cosmog, Cresselia or whatever is the 3rd entry.

November is a pretty good month for me since I'll be seeing the Pokémon movie AND my figure will arrive this month <3
I've been waiting since February so that's exciting.

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

Ichthus
post Nov 1 2017, 07:31 AM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 251 132

Active Squad

I'm so intrigued by that Mystery Egg or whatever that is. I think I'm gonna try for that one. Also, I love the Sp. Explorations, I really want to do the Meloetta one, but I haven't met all the requirements for it yet, maybe I'll just go with Reshiram/Zekrom and the Bird Trio explos.

--------------------

Shiny Morelull Pixel Art by Zuzu
Based on Ken Sugimori's Art for Morelull

+Quote Post

Amberfunk
post Nov 1 2017, 09:44 AM
Post #16

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 105 850

Beautiful Change

Azriel had a great Halloween/ Birthday. He opened his presents first thing. We got him a blind bag imaginext super hero/villan figure and a lego batman set. It has a boat that really floats, batman and Mr Freeze. He loves legos so much. Then we went to toys r us and he got two blind bag lego batman figures. Turned out to be Wolverine Batman and inner tube duck swimming Batman. We set our jack o lanterns out front with a bowl of candy in case anyone came by and we went trick or tricking for a little over an hour until he said he was done. It was chilly and his hands were cold. Need to bring gloves next year.

There were some pretty cool costumes and some awesome decorations. A pair of ladies had their house completely decorated with witches, bats, spider eggs sacks and it was just amazing looking. They even dressed up as wiccans.

We did a new thing this year kind of like the switch witch but my own spin. We told him about Sam (look him up he's in the movie Trick r Treat) where you have to leave him candy and he leaves a Halloween themed item behind. Since Halloween is a feast where the dead are honored and that's why we dress up and hand out candy since that's when the dead are among us I came up with a spirit coming to visit and you have to leave him candy to appease him. It helps since Azriel has a cashew allergy and most candy is not safe for him to eat. He gets to give away some that he can't eat. I was actually surprised at how much candy was given out that he could have. Plus he got some Halloween fruit snack, pretzels and cheese balls. Sam left him a pirate skeleton for the candy that was left. He was so excited happy.gif

Probably going to do some pokemon go today since the event is almost over. I almost have enough poke coins to get the box I want to get with the incubator in it. I need to find more sableye as well. I only have one. It's one of my favorites. Does anyone know if it only shows up at night?

--------------------

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Necrozma
post Nov 1 2017, 10:18 AM
Post #17

Hello world
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 250 262

Active Squad

Good luck to everyone with the new explorations and site-wide hunt! I'm looking forward to hunting and earning more Prize Points happy.gif.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Celltres
post Nov 1 2017, 12:41 PM
Post #18

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 126 142

Baes

Ooh, so the TBD is Shadow Lugia? Don't fancy that, think I'll go for Landorus.

--------------------
Why hai there.

+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Nov 1 2017, 02:03 PM
Post #19

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

What's everyone voting for in the SWSH? These are the optiosn I've went for and you all should too:

Although I kinda hope they don't get picked, I have no time to hatch eggs right now and I won't in two weeks either noes.gif I'll be lucky to finish my exploration from last month!
I think I'll go for Cosmog for the egg drop, I need one more at least. Gotta remember that DST jankiness means egg drops are at 8pm GMT for now!

This post has been edited by Cycloneblaze: Nov 1 2017, 02:04 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Darky
post Nov 1 2017, 02:07 PM
Post #20

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 680

Active Squad

Oh, November already and I'm having so many deadlines coming. Those master degree studies does not coming along at all. Somehow I'm not feeling like I like it.*sighs*
Gotta go for raikou, I think. I was thinking to try cosmog, but I've already have both leo and nala,

Btw, I have an extra evil eevee trinket thingy, anybody interested?I've tried to put it to the market - I have everything it can offer.
+Quote Post

15 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:07 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.