Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
18 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Clickbacks: appreciated. Now encouraged, too!, Update #2 [Stats]
Zerxer
post May 20 2011, 05:33 AM
Post #1

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

When GPXPlus first started, it was simply an adoptables site. Throughout its time, the community here helped morph it into more of a clicking site, where users would mass-click people from the online list. At first, this wasn't natively supported by the site. We saw how the site was changing and made it so people could mass-click from the online list without having to use 3rd party browser add-ons.

A section was introduced on the party/Pokétch page for viewing which users clicked you, which ones you haven't clicked back yet, and ones that you clicked but haven't clicked you back. This made the site feel more community-like in that most everyone felt a strong need to pay everyone back with clicks that appeared in this interactions section. Clickbacks were plentiful. However, when we introduced the new and improved Users page, which offers a lot more features than the original, this section was removed. It was no longer needed, since the Users page has methods for viewing the users you still need to click back, and it caused more overhead with all the data it had to fetch at once.

Because of this, though, people stopped clicking others back as much. Raising Pokémon and eggs simply by going out and clicking now takes longer because the people you click aren't clicking you back as fast, or at all, and it's making the site seem harder to use and less community-like. We understand, and as the site changed before to help users, it's changing once more. Now, clickbacks will actually be encouraged!

When you click people back, you will receive a new type of currency, so to speak, that you'll be able to use in a completely new section of the shop (which is not available just yet). You're not the only one, either. The person you click back will also receive it, because hey, they did click you first. So you're helping yourself and them in two ways. For every 100 Pokémon you click that belong to users that have already clicked you (or, that belong to users that eventually click you back) the same day, you will receive 1 Pass Orb.

To break this down more easily:

20 people click your Party of 6 eggs. You then click all 20 of these people back, and we'll assume they all have 5 Pokémon in their Party. That means you clicked a total of 100 Pokémon during clickbacks, and will receive 1 Pass Orb.

Those 20 people will all receive 6 points towards 1 Pass Orb as well, because of them having clicked your 6 eggs and you having clicked them back. By points, I don't mean the points you spend in the shop; I just mean if they do this same thing for another 94 Pokémon/eggs, it'll convert into 1 Pass Orb. Any points for that day that don't fall into a multiple of 100 will simply be discarded at reset. In other words, they would have 0.06 Pass Orbs, but that would turn into 0 by reset, which would give them none.

If another user clicks your Party, but you don't click them back, they won't get the 6 points towards the Pass Orb, despite having clicked you. You didn't click them back, which is what this is all about.

The same is true for the reverse; if you clicked those 20 parties first, and then they clicked you back, the same outcome would occur. It doesn't matter who clicks who first, so long as you two have mutually clicked each other. It also doesn't matter who clicks who more, as long as you both clicked each other, you will both get points towards a Pass Orb in the amount of how many clicks you gave that person. So if a user one clicks you, don't sweat clicking them back; they'll only get 1 point out of it.

Now, if 1,000 different users click you, and you click all of them back, and we'll say they all had 6 Pokémon in their party this time, you would get 6,000 points towards Pass Orbs. 6,000 would be divided by 100, to give you a total of 60 Pass Orbs for the day. If the total of Pokémon were 125 for the entire day, you would only get 1 Pass Orb, and that extra 25 would be forgotten.

I hope that made sense to everyone (then again I hope everyone actually read all of that).

Finally, I wanted to point out that it's still very easy to click people back, despite the interactions tab no longer being the way it was. You can still go to it, and it'll have shortcuts to the Users page that filter the list to only show the users that are relevant to what the shortcut was named. Otherwise, you can just go to the Users page yourself, and at the top of it, you'll see "View users who..." Simply click the link under it that reads "who I have not yet interacted with", as this is a sub-link to "have interacted with me today", which means it'll only show users who clicked you but you haven't clicked back yet. You could also just use that "have interacted with me today" one and re-click them if possible since the new clicks would count towards your total, too.

When will the new Shop section be available? Hopefully sometime this weekend, or the week following. Look forward to it! We're announcing this now so that you can start clicking people back, as Pass Orbs are already being earned. This way you will have some to spend once the Shop section is opened. Note that you cannot currently see how many Pass Orbs you have.

You will still earn regular Shop Points the same way as always to spend in the current sections. Nothing is changing with those.

Update #1: Pass Orbs will only be credited at reset. You won't instantly get them the way you get points. So, if you click a bunch today, you won't get any Pass Orbs from it until reset. The amount of Pass Orbs you currently have will be displayed at the top of your Inventory and on the Shop page. I will also have it display the amount you have earned so far for the day, which will be credited during reset, on the notification bar. Amount of pass orbs you currently have should show up within the next 30 minutes while the amount so far for the day will start showing up within the next hour or so.

Edit: Ones that have already been credited to your account will also display at the top of your Poketch where your URL/Login name/Points are.

Update #2: Stats tab (on Pokétch/User pages) now has how many Pass Orbs you earned yesterday, the most you earned in a day, and ranks for both. Also, under the Interaction Stats on the right, you'll find how many total Pass Orbs you've earned (not to be confused with how many you have on hand, as once you're able to spend them, this total will continue to only go up).

Stats have also been added to the Stats page. Under Daily Stats, you will find one for Most Pass Orbs Earned Yesterday and one for Most Pass Orbs Earned in a Day. Under User Stats (Misc), you'll find one for Most Pass Orbs on Hand and one for Most Pass Orbs Earned (which, again, is a cumulative count).

Edit: Changed my mind and altered a couple of things. I've gotten rid of the Pass Orb stats for yesterday and added stats for today. Note that no records/ranks/values were lost in doing this.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Commander Wymsy
Post #2

Megalomaniac out for world domination
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 3

Greatest Team Ever

Trust us, you will enjoy the new things that you will be able to gain.

--------------------
Overtaken by Net & Zodi on that track!
+Quote Post

Jen
Post #3

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

Thank god, click backs.

Oh wait, guess that means I'll have to click back too on my lazy days. >.> <.<

This post has been edited by Jen: May 20 2011, 05:34 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Tamat
post May 20 2011, 05:34 AM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 821

Active Squad

Wow, this looks awesome.

Any hints as to what the shop will sell? Will it be something like battle items (like Gems?), summoning/fossil items, account upgrades, or a wide assortment of things (almost like the regular shop?)

I'm praying for Flame Orbs... or Sweet Honey... :P

-T-

This post has been edited by Tamat: May 20 2011, 05:39 AM

--------------------

Party:

Group:

Personality (click to show)
+Quote Post

Luneon
post May 20 2011, 05:35 AM
Post #5

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

Woooow cat.gif

Now I finally have a reason to do clickbacks cat.gif

Thanks guys! : D

This post has been edited by Luneon: May 20 2011, 09:43 AM

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

Rofl Copter
post May 20 2011, 05:35 AM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 43 628

Sought Shinies

omgomgomg that's aweosome!

Right when I got up to Giratina task of TBD xD

--------------------

Doctor Octopus made this beasty thing. Go check her out!

+Quote Post

Kazz
post May 20 2011, 05:36 AM
Post #7

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 32 330

Active Squad

Sounds kind of interesting

--------------------
+Quote Post

Dazmi
post May 20 2011, 05:37 AM
Post #8

Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

Sounds good to me! I'm excited.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Bobdapeach
post May 20 2011, 05:38 AM
Post #9

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 28 526

Active Squad

This will be interesting..

--------------------

+Quote Post

Feves
post May 20 2011, 05:39 AM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 422

x

Sounds absolutely amazing! Thank you!

I should click back later on in the day, gotta study.

This post has been edited by Meklord Emperor Skiel: May 20 2011, 05:43 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Manchee
Post #11

extra toasty
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 809

my Hoenn favorites

Hm... dunno what to think yet. cat.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Gacko
Post #12

There's a goat on the lam, Sir!
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 523

Flying Monkeys

Oh... this is neat?

Its... confusing to say the least... But if it gives me a reason to click people back... .-.

This post has been edited by Prospero: May 20 2011, 05:42 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Hiraelle
post May 20 2011, 05:40 AM
Post #13

Spheal Lover
Group Icon

Member No.: 68 755

ROULE

This... looks awesome.

--------------------
GO GO POKEMON RANGERS

I took over the group, come and join us !
- Banner by Doctor Octopus
Affiliates : Azurite Knights - Malachite Mages - Shiny Lovers - The Networking Ninjas - The Postal Service

- Banner by eevee64

Made by Cycloneblaze

+Quote Post

Yggdrasil
post May 20 2011, 05:40 AM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 119 384

Active Squad

Very cool idea, cant wait to see what will be in this new section of the shop.

Hopefully I wont see so many 0s when I check how many people ive clicked for the day.

This post has been edited by Yggdrasil: May 20 2011, 05:57 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

AkihiroKujo
post May 20 2011, 05:41 AM
Post #15

Aki~
Group Icon

Member No.: 94 972

Dream Platinum

Interesting grin.gif
Do we still get points to spend on shop by clicking?

--------------------
Stuffs and Shops (click to show)

^ Stuffs I made once.. Please correct me if one of them are yours, I might have slipped it ._. ^

+Quote Post

Zou
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 73 868

Absol

seems interesting! hopefully now more people will click back... happy.gif

--------------------
after the night, the morning comes.

+Quote Post

Oracle
Post #17

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 95 880

These will pwn you

yay

--------------------

+Quote Post

Tazii
Post #18

Tikk Tokk
Group Icon

Member No.: 39 543

A Taste of The Fury

Sweet! Thank you!

--------------------
+Quote Post

ShinyWoobat
Post #19

WOOBAT.
Group Icon

Member No.: 88 136

Active Squad

Sounds good to me! grin.gif Awesome!

--------------------
+Quote Post

ZapdosZulu Hunte...
post May 20 2011, 05:42 AM
Post #20

Hunter from ZapdosZulu
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 681

Sebastian West

Sounds awesome!
Can't wait to get the new currency. When I click I try to click back so it's fair for the people that clicked me. Now that were getting encouraged to click back it just drives me even more then before.
X

--------------------
+Quote Post

18 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:42 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.