Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
December Events, We're finally nearing the end of 2020
nickwatic
post Dec 21 2020, 12:41 AM
Post #21

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 155 698

Active Squad

Unfortunately I had a rough past 5 days and couldn't hit 2k

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Dec 21 2020, 02:11 AM
Post #22

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

Hanukkah Prizes!

This year was very similar to last year, although everyone avoided the 4k range and jumped straight to the 5k range. Still, the prize tiers ended up being nearly the same, with just a couple hundred less users overall having participated.

I hope you all had a fun time the past two weeks and got yourself some shinies from the list of eligible Pokémon!
  • Sh. Legend Voucher Plus - 4000+ coins - 10 users
  • Sh. Novelty Voucher - 2000-3999 coins - 15 users
  • Sh. Voucher Plus - 985-1999 coins - 50 users
  • Legend Voucher Plus - 150-984 coins - 320 users
  • Novelty Voucher - 50-149 coins - 177 users
For every 50 coins earned, you received a Frozen Fortune Scratch Card. Max 15 cards, and if you earned under 50 coins, you still received 1. Those can be redeemed here: https://gpx.plus/scratch-cards

As mentioned in the first post, the Secret Santa Exchange deposits will begin sometime on December 22nd, so decide now what Pokémon you are willing to part with for a chance to receive something of equal value that you might not yet have (not guaranteed, as it heavily depends on the number of entries and what all is submitted... and sometimes value is subjective).

Just remember it's all for fun!

Update

I am heavily considering, for Secret Santa Exchange this year, to limit the Pokémon you can submit to a much smaller group of Pokémon. Most likely anything outside of Novelty category. Every year there is disappointment and complaints and suggestions on how to better rank/group the different novelties, and there are far less users these days to supply enough Pokémon per group, that it would be a lot simpler to just exclude all that.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Rookie Roo
post Dec 21 2020, 02:15 AM
Post #23

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 196 476

Active Squad

I just have something quick to say...

PRAISE THE DREIDEL, FOR THEY WILL BLESS YOU IF YOU GIVE THEM THE SACRIFICE THEY ASK FOR.

That's it. That's the message.

Will edit this later too, but for now, that is the important part.

This post has been edited by Rookie Roo: Dec 21 2020, 02:17 AM

--------------------
Look at friend please cat.gif

If you need Social Network, or if you have it, you might be interested in reading this.

Shinies of 2020: 112 (click to show)

Shinies of 2021: 130 (click to show)

Shinies of 2022 (click to show)

Special Achievements (click to show)

+Quote Post

nickwatic
post Dec 21 2020, 02:18 AM
Post #24

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 155 698

Active Squad

97 off of a shiny Novelty voucher. Pain

--------------------
+Quote Post

Eryth Violet
post Dec 21 2020, 02:21 AM
Post #25

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 400

Shiny

Glad to get a shiny novelty voucher! Not sure what I'll use it on yet, though. Maybe Winter Vulpix?

The dreidel wasn't always kind, but it worked out for me in the end! happy.gif

--------------------

hi kingis
+Quote Post

Sign Seven
post Dec 21 2020, 02:23 AM
Post #26

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 52 628

Active Squad

This was only the second year that I've really been super active for this event and it was a lot of fun! Ended up in 3rd overall which is pretty awesome. I'll consider it my redemption for being 1 rank short of the Shiny Legendary cutoff the last time I went for it (and with more than twice as many coins this time I think!) proudbow.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Dec 21 2020, 02:24 AM
Post #27

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 207 612

Active Squad

QUOTE(nickwatic @ Dec 21 2020, 02:18 AM) *
97 off of a shiny Novelty voucher. Pain

At one point I was 23 off. Then the dreidel gods decided I would not get my shiny Feral Zergoose.

Signed, 26th place.

Oh well. At least I now have all 4 regular corrupted shinies.

Note: I'm not mad! I basically got 1900 coins in three days, so the only one I have to blame is myself for not being more active. Just glad I turned out this time at all!

This post has been edited by Doom Hunter: Dec 21 2020, 02:25 AM

--------------------
|

He's watching you....so protect the environment!

+Quote Post

ThunderMoss
post Dec 21 2020, 02:26 AM
Post #28

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 440

Active Squad

It was fun having a much more active site -- lots of clicking opportunities and egg hatching.

The dreidel was surely a source of pain and joy and I will not miss it wanting to play again and again and again. Starting a fresh day with 8 losses in a row hopefully built some character.

Regards,
-TM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Dec 21 2020, 02:39 AM
Post #29

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

I am heavily considering, for Secret Santa Exchange this year, to limit the Pokémon you can submit to a much smaller group of Pokémon. Most likely anything outside of Novelty category. Every year there is disappointment and complaints and suggestions on how to better rank/group the different novelties, and there are far less users these days to supply enough Pokémon per group, that it would be a lot simpler to just exclude all that.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Vaisakh
post Dec 21 2020, 03:13 AM
Post #30

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 259 949

Active Squad

This is cool
+Quote Post

Larson
post Dec 21 2020, 03:18 AM
Post #31

Witcher Extraordinare
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 27 247

Gucci Gang

Aw yay, exciting to get a voucher! :D
I was hoping to toss a shiny novelty into the exchange this year but understand if it's more trouble than it's worth! I haven't entered an exchange since the very first one, so have no clue how the fanbase reacts to them lmao

--------------------

(click to show)
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Dec 21 2020, 03:30 AM
Post #32

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Member No.: 221 574

Active Squad

No shiny Voucher, but sweet, a Legend Voucher! I have....absolutely no idea what to do with it, maybe get Reshiram or Tapu Bulu since I [still, surprisingly] don't have the Dex entries for either of those. grin.gif

A very fun event, as always. Also I absolutely love the scratch card design for this year. Wait never mind, it's the same. My computer just had a hiccup.

This post has been edited by AregularFrankiefan: Dec 21 2020, 03:32 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Darky
post Dec 21 2020, 06:12 AM
Post #33

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 680

Active Squad

Haven't gambled at all or be very active - still, a legendary voucher is a nice gift=) Thank you! I am happier for the shinies I've hatched during the event=) Congrats to all, who got something=)
+Quote Post

Amberfunk
post Dec 21 2020, 08:35 AM
Post #34

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 105 850

Beautiful Change

Yes! I can finally get that shiny missingno that I have been hunting for years. All those munna eggs paid off big time. Thank you so much for the event!

I think removing novelties this exchange would be a good idea. Less headaches all around.

--------------------

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Jade
post Dec 21 2020, 10:35 AM
Post #35

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 58 868

My Favorites

QUOTE(ThunderMoss @ Dec 20 2020, 11:26 PM) *
It was fun having a much more active site -- lots of clicking opportunities and egg hatching.

The dreidel was surely a source of pain and joy and I will not miss it wanting to play again and again and again. Starting a fresh day with 8 losses in a row hopefully built some character.

Regards,
-TM

I feel that - that's definitely what happened to me Saturday, I pretty much broke even that day xD

I finished lucky #7! I think... again because I'm pretty sure that was my rank last year too. I had the (un)fortunate happenstance that I ended up getting ill last Tuesday and was able to increase my playtime like whoa. Was in 2nd place for a small time even, which is the highest I think I've ever gotten.

As always, thank you Zerx for the gift <3 Always love this event

Now, time to put my thoughts in on the exchange. I have a few options I've been debating between.

--------------------
Follow Shay-Shay's flight and he will bring you to a place where eggs and Pokemon need much love.
Shaymin cares, do you?

+Quote Post

timeerkat
post Dec 21 2020, 11:45 AM
Post #36

Your Friend Who Likes To Play
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 515

bulbasaur army

Hahaha, I forgot coins/dreidel ended yesterday, so when I hatched my Zorua this morning I was surprised when no coins popped out with them. Didn't get quite enough for a shiny voucher, but I'm happy with the legendary voucher! (and scratch cards!)

Also, I must remember to participate in the exchange! The last few years I've kept forgetting to go on and do it and then remember right after the cutoff. I know exactly what I'm going to throw in this year.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Professor Eucaly...
post Dec 21 2020, 03:56 PM
Post #37

Not really Australian, but Koalas still bite me.
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 534

GODSQUAD

Oh, those are interesting ranges! I concede that I could've been more focused on Munna (got distracted by some eels) though I don't think I would've been able to break 4000 without significant gambling (I got net +15 Coins, yay!) Perhaps I'll be more ambitious with the dreidel in the future.

--------------------

+Quote Post

ThunderMoss
post Dec 21 2020, 08:39 PM
Post #38

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 440

Active Squad

QUOTE(Zerxer @ Dec 20 2020, 11:39 PM) *

I understand the intent but it might mean I don't really have inspiring options to participate. I have duplicate shiny novelties but no duplicate legendaries anymore. I could swap a shiny legendary and gain a dex entry and should be excited for this opportunity. I just usually think in terms of living shiny dex so this is no net gain (and almost certainly no net loss).

Placing novelties in subcategories... yeah. Shiny Magikarp should be its own category. happy.gif And I recall that Meltans threw a wrench into the process their first year.

I will study my options and see if a shiny legendary seems anxious to get out of the PC and be with another trainer. It is always good to have a choice and I appreciate the exchange will offer a choice!

Regards,
-TM

EDIT: Perhaps a substantial consolidation of the novelty subcategories and clearly let players know which pokemon would be in each category? I know realizing "uh oh, better finish all the Magikarp dex was a thing" for me one exchange. Not knowing/remembering the possible novelty categories makes it harder to consider.

This post has been edited by ThunderMoss: Dec 21 2020, 08:50 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Gym Leader Winon...
post Dec 22 2020, 12:53 AM
Post #39

The bird user taking flight into the world
Group Icon

Member No.: 159 391

Flying Free

I had a great time! Got some knitting done while I mad hatched for coins and used my voucher on a shiny Pidgey so I could get shiny Pudgy Pidgey! Thanks for another wonderful event and fun time on GPX!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Plain Jane
post Dec 22 2020, 04:15 AM
Post #40

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 255 848

Active Squad

I'm excited for the Exchange, despite not having participated much in the Hanukkah event (or GPX in general, these past few months). I entered a shiny Rayquaza last year and got a Palkia for it, and while that's technically of equal value, I regret exchanging the Rayquaza at all. I might consider just throwing in an ordinary Rare shiny this year.

This post has been edited by Plain Jane: Dec 22 2020, 04:16 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:01 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.