Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Shine Recorder - Moving the infobox
faeizumine
post Jan 17 2017, 08:26 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 66 814

Active Squad

Heya. Here's a pretty minor UI suggestion:

I noticed a lot of functions (Underground, Pokewalker, Vs seeker, all those) have their infobox located under or to the side of their primary functions, eg. the daycare has all its relevant information in a box to the bottom of the daycare pokemon slots.

The shine recorder has its infobox above its functions, which I feel would be alright if the text were less lengthy - however, as it is, it takes a couple of scrolls to access the shiny hunt features, including site-wide shiny hunt signups. (Of course, my computer screen could just be a bit short.)

Possibly the infobox could be moved underneath the shiny hunts, or have a "click to show more" condensed text version. This would be consistent with other similar UI elements on the site.

Just my 2 cents tossed carefully from my little lurk corner. Thanks grin.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Spades Slick
post Jan 17 2017, 08:49 AM
Post #2

I think you underestimate the depth of my pettiness
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 57 762

bluh bluh huge bitch

QUOTE(faeizumine @ Jan 17 2017, 08:26 AM) *
Heya. Here's a pretty minor UI suggestion:

I noticed a lot of functions (Underground, Pokewalker, Vs seeker, all those) have their infobox located under or to the side of their primary functions, eg. the daycare has all its relevant information in a box to the bottom of the daycare pokemon slots.

The shine recorder has its infobox above its functions, which I feel would be alright if the text were less lengthy - however, as it is, it takes a couple of scrolls to access the shiny hunt features, including site-wide shiny hunt signups. (Of course, my computer screen could just be a bit short.)

Possibly the infobox could be moved underneath the shiny hunts, or have a "click to show more" condensed text version. This would be consistent with other similar UI elements on the site.

Just my 2 cents tossed carefully from my little lurk corner. Thanks grin.gif

With how many new members come here with questions about why their shiny hunts aren't being recorded or how cancelling a hunt works, I feel it's prominent placement above anything else on that tab is necessary. Making it into a "read more"-style link would practically guarantee that no one would "read more".

--------------------
[align=center]add me for daily clicks [735/1000]

~:* I love my wife Jen *:~
|

READ THE HELP PAGE OR I WILL STAB YOU

WiiU: drgdgrana (Sm4sh) | 3DS: 1204-0469-8787 | PSN: ghostscreamer[/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:22 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.