Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Neopets, Does anyone here play neopets?
Mudbox
post Apr 1 2012, 11:24 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 161 776

Active Squad

I saw all the normal topics for xbox 360 and playstation 3 games... PC games and i even saw a post for dragon caves i think. (I use to play dragon caves until i found global pokedex) But i have not seen a neopets post yet. It kind of surprised me since i was reading in another post that most people are from 16-20 on here which is the age most neopet players are. I am 23... and I still play neopets although I don't sit there and play games to earn neopoints like I use to when i was younger. I am a restocker, stock market player, auction sniper, and reseller. I like investing huge amounts of neopoints on retired items and waiting a LONG LONG time before they start paying off. But when they pay off they pay off really good =]

Anyways... Does anyone else on here play neopets? and what do you like doing on there?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Sharkosaurus
post Apr 1 2012, 11:44 PM
Post #2

Gentleman Bastard
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 93 071

smogon ban genies pls

I used to play Neopets. (inb4 arrow in the knee.) As you may suspect, I got bored with it. It was a fun site, nonetheless.
I've had multiple accounts, and always had a grarrl. I loved those things.

This post has been edited by Wings of Sorrow: Apr 1 2012, 11:44 PM

--------------------
ayy
+Quote Post

Jen
post Apr 1 2012, 11:49 PM
Post #3

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

I used to play neo a lot. Got fed up with it after getting cookie grabbed back in '09 while going for the Edna avatar (which I did get), and was able to quit with the help of GPX. I've been visiting the site recently though due to boredom, and it's sad to see that they haven't really done much with their lack of security there.

As for what I did, I was an avatar collector mainly. After getting the avatar collector avatar, I felt like I finally accomplished one of the biggest things one can get on the site and it felt beaten in a sense. I liked battling, but more so one player. Training was the best part of all of it, it was somehow strangely addicting. My restocking skills weren't the best; I mainly stuck to restocking the avatar pinatas, the herbal scrambled eggs in pharmacy, and the faerie mushrooms in faerie foods. Using the shop wizard to snipe was fun, too. Now-a-days, since I hardly play, I've been banking in on the stock market whenever I bother to check. Stocks are a really fun part of the site, it's a shame not a lot of people took an interest in them.

Last but not least, the Neoquest games are probably one of the best things on the site. They're fun and addicting, except when you die and have to start over >.>, but it's also one of the safest things to do on the site. No need to visit other people's shops for anything, you can just get lost in the world and have fun playing it. To be honest, I've only played through them both once, but I started a game of Neoquest 2 on Evil just recently and it's great. (Except I died on Zombom, and raged quit for a bit... Will probably pick it back up soon. lol)

My username on the site is arya1324, and the screenshots of my restocks/snipes are on my disco pteri's page. They're from years ago though, so.. =s

This post has been edited by Jen: Apr 2 2012, 02:33 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mudbox
post Apr 2 2012, 12:25 AM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 161 776

Active Squad

My account was just frozen for restocking... I bought too much stuff or something and TNT thought I was cheating. I submitted a ticket to them and now I'm trying to find my screen shots and video's that I have of my restocking so that they can see that I did it legit. I was barely starting to build up a gallery:::

http://www.neopets.com/gallery/index.phtml?gu=rx7import

=[

That is the thing that sucks about neopets... you work so so so hard for such a long time and then BAM you get frozen for nothing!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Zombie Zekrom
post Apr 2 2012, 12:44 AM
Post #5

Got brains? σɰσ
Group Icon

Member No.: 136 881

Randoms <3

Sorry to hear about your account, Mudbox. :c I hear what you mean, though; it sucks to work really hard for a while and then have it all taken away for something stupid that TNT thinks you did wrong.

I've been playing Neopets for over 6 years now (gosh, it's really been that long? xD), and usually go on at least once a day if only for a few minutes to lurk on the boards. Some days it's longer, depending on if there's something like the Daily Dare or Games Master Challenge or (my personal favorites) some kind of plot or the Altador Cup.
My lookup's here if anyone wants a look. c:

--------------------

Various Things (click to show)
+Quote Post

Giraffe A Laugh
post Apr 2 2012, 07:18 AM
Post #6

That one laughing Giraffe
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 66 646

Active Squad

I wasn't much into restocking since I didn't have much patience in it at the time aha, but when I did, it was always in the pharmacy, and in the petpet shop in Shenkuu, & as Jen mentioned, Nq1/2 were probably the best things to happen on that site ~__~ I've gone through the second one twice I think, and currently have a third game running where I'm up to the lost desert, but never bothered completing the game aha, nq1, I no longer have the pet that I was using as my main so I've got to start that one over aha.

I also really enjoyed getting avatars when they seemed to come out literally every week sad.gif Now that they're just so rare to even bother making one, it's gotten rather boring & also that most of the avatars I still need are ones that are just incredibly stupidly priced (mspp/suap) crap like that, and games that I have no patience for aha.

I enjoyed training my pets until it got too costly for them, then I'd just zap away at them xp
Durovon would probably be the best trained pet I have atm, rotting on my side account, and as for battling in general, I never really did it aha, I did it for that battle faerie avatar, but gave up after it was no longer random.

Er anyways, my user on there is flated, pretty much quit because of how dumb the site has become with customer support/cg's and crap + now that mostly half of the site is now used in the dang cash shop. I go on once in a while to check if someones sent me a neomail by chance, or if I ever remember to play nq2 again xp

--------------------
+Quote Post

JSoup
post Apr 3 2012, 12:51 PM
Post #7

CUSTOM MEMBER TITLE
Group Icon

Member No.: 134 800

Free Energy

I just checked my account and I've got the 10 year account shield. Hard to believe I've had that account that long. I normally go on Neopet breaks every few months, with my current break stretching over the last two years. I think when I really realized I was done with Neopets for a long time was this previous December, when I noticed I hadn't been religiously visiting the Advent Calendar in two years.

--------------------

+Quote Post

TaecYeon
post Apr 4 2012, 04:26 AM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 161 838

Trainee

I too used to be a member of Neopets. Ah, good old times where I just joined because my friends did and I wanted to fit in as well. Well, that didn't go to well. The site was good and all, but it just looked so disorganized and not very appealing. I played for a few weeks, but couldn't take it anymore with all the poor design. If it was more attractive, grpahic wise, or organized to where it doesn't take a nerd to help you, then I probably would go back if I have the time.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Yuno Gasai
post Jun 8 2012, 11:38 AM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 547

Active Squad

I used to play it and got really really into it, like unhealthily so. I spent hours collecting points so I could buy the 12 pieces of the secret map thing (I don't remember now) so I could zap my neopets and their petpets... not long after I managed to do that I just lost interest.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Chrono Dragoon
post Aug 26 2012, 11:12 AM
Post #10

Warrior Beyond Time
Group Icon

Member No.: 38 533

My Little Pony...ta

I still play!
I log on to collect my bank interest every day (so close to 2 million banked). Sometimes I play a few flash games too, but I'm not into it very heavily any more.

I've got an 11 1/2 years shield... Started Jan 7, 2001...
My username is biko34245. cat.gif

This post has been edited by Trixie Lulamoon: Aug 26 2012, 11:14 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

NemesisQ
post Sep 28 2012, 04:32 AM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 162 702

My Loves

I used to be very addicted to Neopets.
I created my very first account in May 2006, and got my partner into it too...though after we adopted our pets and have beaten Punchbag Bob, we didn't know what to do anymore and deleted our accounts.
After a couple years, in the 2008, I tried to play it again and this time I managed to build a decent account, with nice pets.
I was mainly an avatar collector (my last conquest before I left the game was the SuAP), and I was also a nice restocker.
Though the site didn't hold so many events, and to gain points was getting really hard (both coz games don't give you so many points, and coz many good items obtained with the restock started to suddenly loose their value).
I was thinking to come back to the site though, and do at least the dailies...I'll see happy.gif

--------------------

My DA

+Quote Post

The Winnebago
post Sep 28 2012, 07:25 AM
Post #12

Recreational Vehicle
Group Icon

Member No.: 82 857

Pokemans Favourite

The sudden popularity with Neopets is interesting to me. Why's it suddenly getting played by a bunch of folks?

I recall having one back when I was a little kid. I had that penguin thingy and I think it was name Bruce. Maybe I'll play this again later.
+Quote Post

JSoup
post Oct 4 2012, 05:09 AM
Post #13

CUSTOM MEMBER TITLE
Group Icon

Member No.: 134 800

Free Energy

QUOTE(The Winnebago @ Sep 28 2012, 05:25 AM) *
The sudden popularity with Neopets is interesting to me. Why's it suddenly getting played by a bunch of folks?

Viacom started advertising it on the Nickelodeon game site network as part of the family games section. They've pretty much been whoring the site out to Nick gamers (specifically people who play that penguin game) for the last year.

This post has been edited by JSoup: Oct 4 2012, 05:09 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

theonlyark
post Oct 29 2012, 08:44 AM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 178 265

Active Squad

QUOTE(Mudbox @ Apr 2 2012, 12:24 AM) *
I saw all the normal topics for xbox 360 and playstation 3 games... PC games and i even saw a post for dragon caves i think. (I use to play dragon caves until i found global pokedex) But i have not seen a neopets post yet. It kind of surprised me since i was reading in another post that most people are from 16-20 on here which is the age most neopet players are. I am 23... and I still play neopets although I don't sit there and play games to earn neopoints like I use to when i was younger. I am a restocker, stock market player, auction sniper, and reseller. I like investing huge amounts of neopoints on retired items and waiting a LONG LONG time before they start paying off. But when they pay off they pay off really good =]

Anyways... Does anyone else on here play neopets? and what do you like doing on there?

I've been on Neopets on and off for over 10 years... I'm 24... I play games occassionally, but I mainly go there for my Guild. I'm not good at RSing or sniping, lol...

QUOTE(theonlyark @ Oct 29 2012, 09:44 AM) *
QUOTE(Mudbox @ Apr 2 2012, 12:24 AM) *

I've been on Neopets on and off for over 10 years... I'm 24... I play games occassionally, but I mainly go there for my Guild. I'm not good at RSing or sniping, lol...

I love collecting avatars too.... Forgot about that... And some stamps, although stamp collecting has become quite expensive. I am also a huge packrat, I don't sell anything, I just hold onto things until someone needs help with someone, or a holiday is about to roll around and I gift things to my neofriends. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Letan: Oct 30 2012, 11:19 AM
Reason for edit: Posts merged by moderator.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Letan
post Oct 30 2012, 11:19 AM
Post #15

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 1 219

Lugia Hype

theonlyark, please don't double post. If you have to add something, use the Edit button. I'm going to merge those two posts together.

--------------------
[align=center]

=- Game Dev, currently making a game called Cursed Seasons. I tweet about it sometimes. -=
http://cursedseasons.tumblr.com/
Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Mishatu
post Oct 30 2012, 12:50 PM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 105

Active Squad

I still play! I don't spend hours on end like when I was a kid and it was summertime. But I like to do my dailies and watch my bank account rise. cat.gif

10 years, baby!
+Quote Post

shellyoshawott
post Oct 30 2012, 01:08 PM
Post #17

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 178 398

Some Of My Favs!

I played it but only once...

--------------------
My Dewott charlie and this I claim Jirachi
+Quote Post

Byleth
post Nov 7 2012, 12:12 PM
Post #18

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 177 477

Johto Babies ♥

haha i used to play neopets all the time!
i still have an account but i don't use it as much as i used to, unfortunately... i've been trying to get back into the swing of things but real life and other websites tend to overtake me before i do...

--------------------

Twitter | deviantART | Miiverse | Twitch

I'm the Princen of Nohr, but also just a golden chimera puppy. ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
+Quote Post

Sealeo
post Nov 21 2012, 01:38 PM
Post #19

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 111 217

Active Squad

I have an account, I go on it regularly. Losing interest now, to be honest, but if you want to add me, go ahead and send a request. happy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

beaudeclercq
post Jan 5 2013, 06:43 AM
Post #20

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 126 469

Active Squad

I used to play it, but it has been years since I last visited my account there.
But it wasn't very interesting anymore, the only fun thing were the games.

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:36 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.