Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
My Little Pony: Hate is Tragic, I used to wonder how bad tragedy could be...
For Lack of a Be...
post Jun 2 2012, 10:11 PM
Post #1

SPHERICAL
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 106 944

Active Squad

RP Thread

Plot (You know what I mean) (click to show)

Rules (click to show)

Forms (click to show)

This post has been edited by For Lack of a Better Name: Jul 8 2012, 09:13 AM

--------------------
roleplays (click to show)

Feel Free to PM me for any RP requests, or even if you want to collaborate!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

For Lack of a Be...
post Jun 2 2012, 10:11 PM
Post #2

SPHERICAL
Group Icon

Active Squad

Roles/Character List (click to show)

My Characters (click to show)

This post has been edited by For Lack of a Better Name: Jul 8 2012, 08:35 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Jun 3 2012, 08:06 AM
Post #3

C'mon, grab your friends!
Group Icon

Member No.: 102 033

PANE: Roxxy Mauden

Ah, a MLP roleplay!

Name: Gearshift the Element of Patience

Species: Earth Pony

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Occupation/Class: Mechanic/Smithy

Powers/Abilities: Gearshift is very gifted with her hooves, and can make pretty much anything you need. Mechanical wings? Sure! Cart broken down? Not anymore! High-powered rifle? Er, come back tomorrow. Might have that by then.

Weapon(s)/Equipment: Said homemade rifle, affectionately named Harbringer, and a well-worn tool belt with various hammers, screwdrivers, extra bullets, etc, and enough wire and metal to make a few small robots just in case.

Weapon/Equipment Appearance(s): Her rifle, specially modified for her hooves.
Her tool belt is little more than two highly modified saddle bags, the same shade of light brown as her coat. They have extra pockets sewn into the inside, and a gear as the clip.

Cutie Mark: Two interlocked gears

Appearance: Gearshift is on the smaller side of average size for a pony. If she stood next to the other Mane Six, the top of her mane would come up to just below Twilight's horn. However, she is very strong from working all the time in her shop: she can easily lift and carry a normal-sized bag of sand around her shop with her teeth.

Gearshift's coat is medium brown, with her hooves being dusted black from all the soot and ash around her shop. Her mane is green and cropped short, however the ends are still slightly blackened from soot and ash, and also from getting too close to a blowtorch once. Her eyes are the shade between light brown and burnt orange. And like anypony who makes her living amongst dangerous machinery, she had her fair share of scars. There is one small scar under her right eye and a larger one that goes from under her left eye down to below the edge of her mouth. Her hooves are marred from various burns and cuts.

Even when she is not working, she wears her red safety glasses around her neck. They are like her good luck charm. When she must fire her rifle-and she tries not to unless absolutely necessary, since it's a bit of a pain to reload-she stands on her hind legs like Lyra used to. Otherwise it is strapped along her back and she walks like a normal pony.

Alignment: A mix of Lawful Good and Neutral Good, leaning more towards Neutral Good

Personality: Gearshift is a very calm and collected pony. She is quiet, but not the way that Fluttershy was. Her quiet is more of a thinking quiet.. She has become a master at hiding her emotions underneath a mask of indifference. Even Twilight Sparkle's vicious theories appear to do nothing to Gearshift on the rare occasion that they are both outside and within earshot of each other.

Gearshift does not get angry very easily: in fact, the only way to make her angry is to insult what she does. Even then, her anger is like a cool blue flame, safe-looking but hotter than anything. If you manage to make her angry, watch out for anything mechanical left on your doorstep.

Bio: Before moving to Ponyville, Gearshift grew up in a mechanically inclined family in Fillydelphia. She, her older sister, and her parents worked in a shop that sold replacement parts and various luxury items, like small wind-up toys. When she was old enough, she moved to Ponyville from Fillydelphia to start her own business just a few weeks prior to the corruption of the Elements. She had time to setup a shop close to the outskirts of the town and sell a few pieces before Celestia was transformed into Hellfire Blaze.

Since then, the only pony Gearshift has been in regular contact with is Fluttershy. Since her shop is the only one that supplies weapons and defenses at a regular rate, the two mares have an uneasy truce: Fluttershy slips her demands on a piece of paper underneath the door of the shop. Gearshift works as hard as she can to meet those demands by the next day, and is not in the shop when Fluttershy comes to collect. In return, on the rare occasions when Gearshift is out and about, looking for food or scrap, she is not under immediate threat from Fluttershy's attacks.

Theme Song: I'll think of one later

Relationships:
Fluttershy-an uneasy truce. Both are prepared to break it if the other does something the slightest bit out of bounds
Other ponies-indifference

Crush/Romantic Relationships: "That's none of your damn business! Now hoof it!"

RP Sample:
RP Sample (click to show)

Other: I might add more if I get any more ideas.

This post has been edited by Roxxy the Zangoose: Jun 13 2012, 06:56 AM

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

For Lack of a Be...
post Jun 3 2012, 08:35 PM
Post #4

SPHERICAL
Group Icon

Active Squad

Your character is accepted, but the only thing that I'm a bit iffy about is her relationship with Fluttershy. For now you don't have to change it, but I'll ask whoever plays Fluttershy about if their fine with it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Jun 4 2012, 05:07 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

And if no one wants to play Fluttershy? Does she just turn into an NPC?

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

For Lack of a Be...
post Jun 4 2012, 07:02 PM
Post #6

SPHERICAL
Group Icon

Active Squad

She'll probably have to be one if no one steps up to play her, and hopefully we'll get more players...

--------------------

+Quote Post

Xires
post Jun 8 2012, 12:21 PM
Post #7

Tick Tock
Group Icon

Member No.: 97 475

Insect Collect

oooOOOoooh, a Pony RP.

Brilliant.

Name: Dr. Vaxlar Cogshire, the Element of Knowledge

Species: Unicorn

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Location: Home located somewhat far outside of Ponyville, now transformed into a variable fortress of mechanical defenses.

Occupation/Class: Therapist/Inventor

Powers/Abilities: He's Amazingly adept at Invention. He uses this to generally help his patients, many of them incredible successful. If confronted, his Gem on his Right Front hood Deflects Magic, and his Mechanical Eye can shoot high power lasers that can ignite flesh, fur, Tinder, etc.

Weapon(s)/Equipment: His Main weapon of choice is his Mechanical eye, which is also used for welding and such. He uses a Large wrench and automatic Hammer to put together his 'Masterpieces'.

Weapon/Equipment Appearance(s): a Regular Wrench and Hydraulic Hammer

Cutie Mark: a Single Gear

Appearance:

Dr. Vaxlar (click to show)

Dr.Vaxlar Cogshire is a dark copper brown pony, With a black and brown mane and tail. He has a bright green eye, with a rather dragon like pupil. He is perhaps one of the few ponies that actually has a mustache, which he keeps well groomed at all times. His mane and Tail, however, have a tendency to be caught in his various mechanical devices, and are thus somewhat uneven and spiky. his ears have been cut by one of many unfortunate accidents. His hooves are a bright tan color, and he is a somewhat shaggy pony.

Perhaps the most noticable feature of this pony is his many mechanical enhancements. This are the results of many different Accidents happening with his less successful creations. His knee was the first replacement he ever made, so it was only the bare essentials. his upgrades became more and more flashy with time. Despite this, many of his 'enhancements' are actually more brittle than the rest of his body, and must be repaired constantly.

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Personality: Due to Years alone working on his Inventions, Dr. Cogshire has gone a little screwy, No pun intended. However, He is So very Intelligent that it makes up for this flaw. He Can be a bit Morbid, and is known to be Macabre. Despite this, It is suggested that making friends with him would be better for your health. He is incredibly lonely, despite the way he acts. He enjoys Intellectual Games like chess.

When he is working with his patients, he is very understanding and knowledgeable. he understands that these ponies are going through some rough times, and many of them have done things they regretted. Even now in these dangerous times Dr. Cogshire is calm and collected in everything he does.

Bio: Dr. Vaxlar was orignally employed as an average therapist, helping ponies with various problems get over their predicaments. He lived in Canterlot for some time, working as good as a pony like him could. That is, until the Elements of harmony changed.

A little bit before everything went downhill, Rarity hired him to get rid of a terrible headache she had been having, claiming it stemmed from her friends fighting. Dr. Vaxlar gladly accepted. He began to try to figure out what was wrong with her. This proved impossible, and he began to try to use unconventional methods, go so far as to try to get a sample of brain tissue for analysis.

During the days were it began to become worse in time, Dr. Vaxlar became more and more defensive, even going so far as to move down to Ponyville where it was less crowded. He built a house near the edge of ponyville, which, as time progressed, became more and more fortified as things turned into chaos. Although he doesn't have any turrents up yet, he plans on doing so if things become dangerous for him.

Theme Song: Abney Park- Herr Drosselmeyers's Doll

Relationships:
Rarity: Previous Patient

Crush/Romantic Relationships: Unknown / N/A

RP Sample: The Cat Bus gave out a meow. It seemed to be notifying Totoro of a strange mist that had surrounded it. He looked out of one of the windows in to the fog. He couldn't see a thing. How odd. The Cat Bus's monotonous, rickety pitter-patter that came from his five pairs of legs came to a stop as the Cat Bus attempted to stop. The Cat Bus gave out another meow, asking him to get off. He placed his feet on the soft fur of the walkway and moved towards the door. It gave out it's usual sound as it grew large to allow him off.

As soon as he stepped off, the Cat Bus rushed off once again. As it did so, the fog faded away, revealing him to be in what seemed to be one of the human made caves, which they called tunnels. The ground was consistent an interesting stone of which he had seen the humans walk on before. It was the lighter grey stone, so he didn't have to worry about the mechanical beasts they called cars attacking him. It felt funny underneath his feet. he looked on the walls of the tunnel cave, and saw interesting pictures. they were bright in color, and drastically complex. Their colors were like nothing natural.

Totoro walked out of the Tunnel cave, and looked up. in what appeared to be human picture-letters there was a message. it was unfortunate that he could not read their language, but he didn't seem to care. as long as he could understand their speak, everything would be fine. he sniffed the air, smelling plants, he began to walk in that direction. He seemed oblivious of everything except reaching some sort of Nature in which he could Commingle with.

As he reached the area, however, he was disappointed to find only a few small, dead trees and a tiny statue of the animal that humans called a dog. He quickly got over this disappointment, however, and touched one of the trees. His powers caused the trees to grow little buds. He stood back, and made a upward pulling motion. The tree grew larger, and the buds popped into full grown leaves. He gladly sat in the shade that the trees offered. He wondered why he was here. Perhaps he was brought here to bring this place back into nature. It would certainly be fitting of him to do so. He gave out a small grumble, and flopped over into the soil the trees had been planted in, and fell asleep.

Other: This was originally made for another Roleplay, and I think it's Ironic the other Pony that has signed up is also Mechanics related.

This post has been edited by Xires: Jun 8 2012, 05:28 PM

--------------------

-Lulled in the countless chambers of the brain, our thoughts are linked by many a hidden chain; awake but one, and in, what myriads rise!-
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Jun 8 2012, 04:43 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

And that they both have gears for Cutie Marks.

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

Xires
post Jun 8 2012, 05:27 PM
Post #9

Tick Tock
Group Icon

Member No.: 97 475

Insect Collect

THOUGHTS ON THIS SUDDEN DEVELPOMENT:

They may be related

BUT THAT'S JUST ME

Other note:

Here's the original post, it was edited a bit for this roleplay

Original Post (click to show)

Found Here: on VDex

Oh, and also, the format seems ridiculously familiar...

This post has been edited by Xires: Jun 8 2012, 05:36 PM

--------------------

-Lulled in the countless chambers of the brain, our thoughts are linked by many a hidden chain; awake but one, and in, what myriads rise!-
+Quote Post

For Lack of a Be...
post Jun 9 2012, 08:47 AM
Post #10

SPHERICAL
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Xires @ Jun 8 2012, 03:27 PM) *
Oh, and also, the format seems ridiculously familiar...

Nyope, total coincidence. It's not like I also created a pony RP on Vdex too.

Ah have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about.

But anyways, your character is accepted! But as for the part about Rarity... you don't have to edit it, but I'll ask whoever plays her if they'd be fine with it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

TallestSky
post Jun 10 2012, 02:31 PM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 165 490

Dream Team

Man, I am so in on this! grin.gif Lemme know if he's too much of a Gary Sue- I don't usually go with the sobby background with my characters, so Korn here is something new for me. x3 He's not super powerful or anything, nor is he going to steal anyone's heart any time soon.... but maybe you'll like him just the same? ;D

Name: Kornucopia, the Element of Charity

Species: Pegasus

Sexuality: Heterosexual?

Occupation/Class: Travelling... storyteller?

Powers/Abilities: Incredible memory skills- suspected to have a photographic memory, though he's never admitted to this.

Weapon(s)/Equipment: Light weight leather cuffs on all four legs, a 'mask' in the same fashion on his face with a bone horn extending from the forehead.

Weapon/Equipment Appearance(s): The leather armor he wears is all black, with the horn being the only thing colored differently- it matches his hooves, making it appear as if he's actually an alicorn, not a pegasus.

Cutie Mark: A black Quill, dibbed in white ink.

Appearance: His coloration isn't bright or eye-catching in any way. His entire pelt is an off-shoot of steel, dark like the night sky. His mane and tail are streaked in light gray and black, with his eyes a soft moon-gazed yellow. He has large wings, tall legs and a slender build with pointed ears that are generally kept back, hidden in his mane. His hooves and 'horn' are the color of beach rock- a sort of green-gray. IMAGE

Alignment: True Neutral

Personality: Despite his appearance, Korn's actually quite the talker and he's always got a story to tell. He travels constantly, and the fate of remembering every detail of his journey has left him tired and worn- life's not been kind to him. He's known as a kind and giving pony, though, by those who've come to know him properly. His actions are almost always selfless, which is part of the reason why he comes off as... strange. Too many memories. Too many nightmares. A very troubled soul.

Bio: Korn was born into a nomadic group, a mixed family of unicorns, ponies and pegasi alike. He was taught to give, if ever he shall receive. His mother was a sort of gypsie, putting on great acts and preformances for the ponies they'd meet in their travels and earning just enough coin to get them by until the next town. His father ran the caravan.

It became apparent and known quickly, Korn's unique ability. He'd bring up things, little details of events gone by, many days after it had happened, after it had long left the minds of his peers and parents. They all but worshipped his treasured powers, which in turn led to many corrupted and greedy 'friends' trying to get information from him, using him for his gift...

In his early years, he'd witnessed death and tragedy. Though many of these horrible instances were not personal to him, the images never did fade from his mind. When the day came that his family fell victim to the corrupted world around them, he was left alone- the only survivor of his family line, and one in five of the caravan's group. The remaining members of the nomadic family turned and went their seperate ways, too afraid to go back to the life they'd been living before. Korn continued to travel and on the way, saw and heard many things that became words of tale and lore to the ponies he'd meet later on...

If only they knew of his suffering, the price he pays for the stories he weaves.

Theme Song: 100 Years - Five for Fighting

Relationships: None living, now...

Crush/Romantic Relationships: None has caught his eye... yet.

RP Sample:
I've been here before...

"Momma! Momma, watch me dance like you!" A colt cried happily, rearing up on his hind legs and twirling in a circle with flailing front legs. "I'ma dance for the crowds just like you do, Momma!" The dark colt stopped to look up at the faceless woman he'd come to know as his mother. The mare seemed to smile, leaning down to him as he approached, nuzzling into his mane gently, murmuring words of praise...

I know this place.

The grass was green, now. Lush and thick. So different than it had been years ago, when the ground was still freshly bitten by the fires. It looked just like it had when he was a young colt, playing in the grass without a care in the world, practicing to fly and memorizing every sight, sound and smell. Moon-kissed eyes glanced down to where his hooves touched the ground.

...Are you still here, Mother? Did you never leave this place?

Tired eyes gazed out at the feild of grass, watching it as the wind made it dance and sing its gentle song. Korn knew this place, because he'd stopped here many times with the caravan while still a youngster. His mother had loved the gentle silence of it, the peace it'd bring to the family after many hard days of working. The last time he'd been here, the fires had taken away all of it- now the new grass and short trees looked as if they'd never been without.

Are you still watching me? Shall I dance for you again, mother? Will you dance with me?

The tired stallion rose to his hind legs and spun, using his wings to keep him upright. With well-practiced steps, he spun and twirled, leaping and gliding as if it were a natural talent- not one he'd forgotten for so long as he did. With no music to guide him, each step seemed methodical, as if planned out beforehand, though his mind wasn't on the dance.

Will you dance with me, someday? Will you come out and play with me again, Mother?

"Momma! Watch me dance for you!"

Watch me dance for you, Mother.

"I remember everything you taught me, Momma! I can do it! Watch me! Watch me!"

Watch me show you what you taught me. Watch me, Mother. Watch me dance for you.

Watch me dance, Mother.

Will you dance with me, someday?

Mother...

Other: Super sobby backstory + Epicly emo character = Gary Sue? :/ Nah- he's more like the Forgotten Prince, type... right?

...right?

--------------------

The past is concrete. The future's a mystery. Today's the only time that matters.
+Quote Post

Arkinine
post Jun 10 2012, 03:03 PM
Post #12

The only person I know that liked Hoenn
Group Icon

Member No.: 28 147

Wolfe

Hey, just a question before I actually join: would it be okay to have twin element holders? If needed, only one would actually be the element.

I'll edit this post later with the sign up sheet, one I finish it/edit it.

--------------------
My Party

75% of Roleplayers don't care about doing a good job at Roleplaying. If you are one of the 25% of roleplayers who really cares, copy and paste this into your signature.

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Jun 10 2012, 03:08 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

TallestSky-Well, being the element of Charity is a hard element to be without slipping into being a Gary Stu, but I think you're okay. I mean, if you're really concerned, he could have some form of post-traumatic stress disorder from remembering everything terrible that ever happened to him.

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

TallestSky
post Jun 10 2012, 05:51 PM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Dream Team

QUOTE(Roxxy the Zangoose @ Jun 10 2012, 03:08 PM) *
TallestSky-Well, being the element of Charity is a hard element to be without slipping into being a Gary Stu, but I think you're okay. I mean, if you're really concerned, he could have some form of post-traumatic stress disorder from remembering everything terrible that ever happened to him.

As long as nobody thinks he's too Gary Sue, I think he's fine as is. I worry about that a lot, because I've made enough characters now that it's hard not to make the same one twice- I try to be different about it every time. He's pretty unique as far as my characters go, so I'm happy with him as is. I just want to make sure everyone's okay with his sob-story.

--------------------

The past is concrete. The future's a mystery. Today's the only time that matters.
+Quote Post

For Lack of a Be...
post Jun 10 2012, 07:56 PM
Post #15

SPHERICAL
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(TallestSky @ Jun 10 2012, 03:51 PM) *

As long as nobody thinks he's too Gary Sue, I think he's fine as is. I worry about that a lot, because I've made enough characters now that it's hard not to make the same one twice- I try to be different about it every time. He's pretty unique as far as my characters go, so I'm happy with him as is. I just want to make sure everyone's okay with his sob-story.

In truth, I don't really think that he's a Gary-Sue either, but what I suggest is to not have him 'give too much', or maybe have consequences for being a bit too selfless. But anyways, your character is accepted!~

QUOTE(Arkinine @ Jun 10 2012, 01:03 PM) *
Hey, just a question before I actually join: would it be okay to have twin element holders? If needed, only one would actually be the element.

Actually, I did say in the rules that you can have two character roles, so it'd be alright if both were element holders. However, personally I think that playing twins where only one is an element holder would be interesting, especially considering how close some twins can be. If you want, I could reserve a spot or two for you.

This post has been edited by For Lack of a Better Name: Jun 10 2012, 09:35 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

TallestSky
post Jun 10 2012, 08:59 PM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Dream Team

QUOTE(For Lack of a Better Name @ Jun 10 2012, 07:56 PM) *
QUOTE(TallestSky @ Jun 10 2012, 03:51 PM) *

In truth, I don't really think that he's a Gary-Sue either, but what I suggest is to not have him 'give too much', or maybe have consequences for being a bit too selfless. But anyways, your character is accepted!~

Sweeet~! I like that idea, too. We'll see what happens during play- character development happens, right? Anyhow, I'll be spying on the thread. I look forward to playing. grin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Arkinine
post Jun 10 2012, 11:37 PM
Post #17

The only person I know that liked Hoenn
Group Icon

Member No.: 28 147

Wolfe

Actually, I did say in the rules that you can have two character roles, so it'd be alright if both were element holders. However, personally I think that playing twins where only one is an element holder would be interesting, especially considering how close some twins can be. If you want, I could reserve a spot or two for you.

Yes, please reserve a spot for them. Do you mind if they're on one sign up sheet?

--------------------
My Party

75% of Roleplayers don't care about doing a good job at Roleplaying. If you are one of the 25% of roleplayers who really cares, copy and paste this into your signature.

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

For Lack of a Be...
post Jun 10 2012, 11:52 PM
Post #18

SPHERICAL
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Arkinine @ Jun 10 2012, 09:37 PM) *

Yes, please reserve a spot for them. Do you mind if they're on one sign up sheet?

As long as you can tell who is who on the sheet, then I'm fine with it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Jun 14 2012, 05:18 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Just a quick heads up: I'm going to be out of town for the next few days, so you might not see as much of me.

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

For Lack of a Be...
post Jun 21 2012, 09:12 PM
Post #20

SPHERICAL
Group Icon

Active Squad

Alright, a bit of a dilemma here... It's been some time, but all the roles aren't filled, and I wanted to at least fill those before we start (and just as a reminder, you can take two roles at most, so if you already have a role feel free to take another).

So, what do you think I should do? Should I start it early and hope that others join?

This post has been edited by For Lack of a Better Name: Jun 22 2012, 01:01 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:43 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.