Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
You are a god. Answer this question.
MarillTachiquin
post May 5 2009, 12:07 AM
Post #41

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11 672

My fav Pokemon ^^

Why I should punish him/her?? If someone was a good person, there's no reason to punish him/her. It wasn't his/her obligation to beleive in me, because everyone is free to beleive anything they want to. Just live your life without regrets and without harming everyone else and I'll accept you happily (sp?), even if you beleived in me or not.

--------------------

chatot.gif .:Blue Shinies Collector:. chatot.gif

<-- Poke Marilliana plz ;D
I always return all clicks. Thanks in advance! =D

My Neopet, wanna yours? Then click on Nekomi!

Plees forgiv my spelin and gramar =P
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

PeachyMomo
post May 5 2009, 01:07 AM
Post #42

Cuddlemaster.
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 423

Canine Dream Team

QUOTE(Sarge @ Apr 17 2009, 03:02 AM) *
.... On the other hand, I guess I could just be a... a benevolent godess. blink.gif

Naw. I'd never sell any Bibles that way.

AHA. Sadly, so true.

I wouldn't punish that person. Punishing a person for disagreeing with you? Or in this case, simply not believing in you, when there is no proof anyway? That's being pretty immoral yourself. I wouldn't blame them. I wouldn't believe in me either. Or should I say I don't really. I question whether there is or is not any type of God.

I don't think I'd punish anyone, really. I would maybe punish those who committed heinous crimes and were not caught or were not punished in life, but otherwise no. I wouldn't damn anyone for an eternity. Don't believe in that shit.

--------------------

I'd be happy to click back :]
I always click back full parties. I also click new pokemon/eggs you add to your party throughout the day.

Dream Team.

Claims (click to show)
Squiby - Please Click (click to show)
Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

StarShinePachiri...
post May 5 2009, 02:07 AM
Post #43

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 479

Miki's Party

No. I would not punish the non-believers. I would simply mourn that I could not make their life better. Without faith, a god has no power over a person. That's what I believe. Though personally, I do think God should come down here himself and show Himself to us all. If I were a God, I most certainly would come down from time to time just to walk among the people and teach them things they need to know. I wouldn't force anyone to believe in me if they chose not to, despite seeing me.

I'd also deputize people who have made it to heaven to do small tasks there, and allow some really good ones to come to earth to help the faitful people. (as Demi-Gods/Goddesses) :P

There would be no punishment for non-faith, but you would not be assisted by a Demi-god/goddess even if you needed it. XD

--------------------

My Eggs: Please Click them, I do return clicks at a 1:1 rate, with a few rules: (click to show)
+Quote Post

Decontrolled Rai...
post May 14 2009, 01:31 PM
Post #44

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 20 322

Active Squad

Let them in. I don't need anyone to worship me. I'm impartial to religion when it comes to deciding who are good and bad people - it's about actions and attitudes towards other people, not what you believe. I'd welcome a good atheist over a bad theist any day of the week.

But then again, I wouldn't be keen on throwing people into Hell anyway. Eternal damnation is a harsh crime...maybe have the sinful be re-incarnated or something =)

--------------------
~[Insert meaningful song lyrics here]~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
^ Dry Berries please! =) / They need to be warm XD ^

A letter I found in my room one day... (click to show)

+Quote Post

Fullmetal
post May 15 2009, 04:28 PM
Post #45

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 963

It's a Trap

No. I'm not going to punish someone, simply because they don't believe I exist.

(I may send them to a mental institution, but that's a different story altogether)

--------------------
~~~~~~

GTS+ league badges (click to show)

+Quote Post

Hails
post May 15 2009, 06:05 PM
Post #46

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 998

Lightning Rats

If I were a God(dess) I would make it impossible for my creations to not believe in me. I'd be a personable God, kissing babies, petting puppies, and appearing in McDonald's commercials while ruling all of Creation from a very trendy business building near the beach that has thousands of civil servants to process any complaints or suggestions. Whoever didn't believe in me would have to live under a rock and be shunned by my utopian society.

That said, I wouldn't punish the person so much as make them serve me for their afterlife. Someone that determined to go against the flow would probably be good to shake up my own self-induced bureaucracy. I'd be the God and play my own Devil's advocate.

--------------------

TRAINER HAILS is dressed for summer!

Purple Pokémon Collector
Generation II Fan
+Quote Post

lydiab02
post May 15 2009, 10:57 PM
Post #47

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 650

Active Squad

If I were God, I would not allow that person to enter into paradise.

Now, before all of you attack me, allow me to explain.

I created all people. I loved them and poured my heart and all of my imagination into creating them into an image of me. Their pain is my pain; their joy is my joy. I give them the choice to believe in me or not because it is not truly love without choice. But my creation chooses wrong. They turn from me and scorn me, their creator, the one who loved them since before they were conceived, and proceed to destroy others and themselves. Not one of them is blameless and none I can stand for what they have done in their life and I must avert my eyes from their sin. But I still love them. I love them so much that I send a part of me, my son, the only one who can walk amongst men and be truly blameless, only to have my creation destroy him as well. Because he was perfect and yet lived and died as a human and bore the weight of all sins on his shoulders, any who believed in his and my own great love would be forgiven and could live with me in the full light of how I created them for ever and ever. But even after all this, some still do not believe. After all I had done and given for them and how they rejected my sacrifice for them, would I want them to be with me for eternity? The answer is no, and it is not just for the sake of myself either. If someone doesn't truly love me, would they really enjoy sitting at my side for all eternity? Would they not resent me if not worse? No, I would separate them from myself for both our sakes, because I still love them even though they had averted their eyes from me for their entire lives, and now it is my time to do the same, because they never knew me nor wanted to know me.

--------------------

Well, while you're looking at my signature you might as well take a look at my eggies wink.gif
+Quote Post

Luane
post May 20 2009, 02:19 AM
Post #48

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 24 406

DP

I would most likely not punish this person. If he has been a good person, he has followed my "rules" and ths actually kind of HAS believed in me. Except when he's been warlkng around, shouting at everyone I dont exist. than I would punish him a bit, but than still grant him heaven, as his eyes need to be opened

--------------------
Gpx
DragonAdopters(DrA)
my (nearly complete, some sprites are missing) DP team
+Quote Post

Dazmi
post May 20 2009, 02:32 AM
Post #49

Veteran
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

It takes a true saint to be a god, and you have to be pure of heart. I wouldn't make a good god. It's a lot more fun to be a devil because there's a lot more freedom, you make a lot of people (demons?) suffer, and you have cool powers!

With that aside, I would let them in despite of that person not believing me.
They would believe in me once they come to heaven anyways.
Of course, that's definitely the case with a good person.

--------------------
+Quote Post

lilian
post May 20 2009, 04:46 AM
Post #50

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 161

Active Squad

Hmm nop I wouldn`t punish anyone for that. I think if a person lives away that he thinks is a right way and he listens to his conscience he won`t be punished. Believing is just to much controled by your upbringing and random surcomstances. I think I wouldn`t even punish people that belief they help people by hurting some because it wouldn`t really be there fault. However killing for fun ior own prosperty is something different.

And further I think punishing someone for not believing in you is something for mortals. I would be standing way above that sort of actions

--------------------

in daycare

dream team (click to show)

dogs (click to show)
+Quote Post

Doomeh
post May 20 2009, 12:03 PM
Post #51

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 25 064

Active Squad

Punish them? No! I'd reward them. If I haven't bothered to reveal myself, it probably means I want to be left well enough alone without all the little people gossiping about me behind my back (especially since they're probably just talking out of their backsides - why would I want a million people speaking for me without my approval?). cat.gif

--------------------

that burning desire. 14/16

+Quote Post

Zero Chaos
post May 23 2009, 02:16 PM
Post #52

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 376

Active Squad

Well... not to be offensive (don't read on if you are easily offended), but

If I had that kind of power, I would wipe out all of humanity. Humans are shameless creatures who carelessly ignore any misfortunes which do not befall them directly. They can, and often do, turn a blind eye to all manner of wickedness so long as it does not affect them or their kin. They can sit there praying to the heavens in thankfulness while their neighbors lay dying around them. They completely ignore the forces of nature and the beautiful world that they are destroying.

Look at it like this:
Obama just decided on making a law that (I believe in 2016) all cars will have to use (if I'm not mistaken) 30 miles per gallon of gas. People are complaining... this is to protect the environment, not to protect people's money. I honestly don't see dead trees (dollar bills) as more important than the environment and nature's creatures. If you care that much about your money, then don't have kids. Don't reproduce, it will only cause more famine. And people are complaining about famine, well then don't have 12 kids. Continuous reproduction only causes more and more famine, more famine causes more animals to be killed for food, which corrups the balance of nature that was well set out before humans started messing with it. It all chains together on how humans have been causing more and more destruction to this beautiful planet.

I have more information to back that up, but now I'm getting way too off-topic, so I'll just answer your question. I don't believe in God myself, so I have no reason to punish someone that doesn't believe in it either. There are more important people to punish such as rapists, assassins, etc.

--------------------
Your click can and will make a difference

Click as many of mine as you wish, and I'll return full party clicks, even if it is only one egg. If you give me full party clicks, though, I will give you a cookie, and if I'm in a good mood, you'll get a muffin as a bonus point.
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post May 24 2009, 12:13 AM
Post #53

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

Great job with generalizations, by the way. I can tell you for a fact that not all of humanity is like that -- not nearly.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Cassowary
post May 24 2009, 07:07 AM
Post #54

Skarmory Squadron Supreme
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 264

Skarmory Squadron

It makes little sense to condemn them for such a little thing that isn't even wrong in any way. So, no.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Eric Smith
post May 26 2009, 02:37 PM
Post #55

<3's Musharna and Munna
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 937

Active Squad

I would punish them because paradise is not paradise with possibility of trouble.
Murderers were once good people.

Who can guess what God's motives are anyways. *shrugs*

--------------------

You know you wanna poke it...

Credit Spoiler (click to show)
+Quote Post

Ebonycrow
post May 26 2009, 02:43 PM
Post #56

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 975

Active Squad

QUOTE(Grovyle @ May 26 2009, 03:37 PM) *
I would punish them because paradise is not paradise with possibility of trouble.

Where'd you get that info? Most serial killers begin their torturefest at young ages, beginning with animals such as cats and dogs, before ultimately moving on to humans. Many of these killers began at a young age, even as young as seven years old, and are influenced generally by one of three things: Mental illness, fantasy, or encouraged violent behavior in media and/or parenting. A combination isn't uncommon.

Some murderers may have once been good people, but all, or most? No way in hell.

As for me? I wouldn't punish them. No reason to. If they don't want to believe in me then let them go on--it's whatever makes them a happy person in their current life.

--------------------

CURRENT PARTY

RETURNING ALL CLICKS.
Even to one-clickers.
One-clickers please click Meowth.

+Quote Post

ninjacookie
post May 26 2009, 03:13 PM
Post #57

button smasher
Group Icon

Member No.: 25 351

splash attack!

No, I would not punish them. I created them, why would I want them to suffer? I would wonder what could have happened to make them the way they are. Then I would try to create a new life for them where they can feel safe and happy. I don't want anyone to be filled with suffering or rage. Even if they somehow were born "evil" as people say, I would still give them another life, just to try to open up there heart.

Forgiveness can really open up someones eyes. I used to get in a lot of fights when I was younger. There was this one boy who was a real jerk, he picked on everyone even children. One day he ruined a little girls doll and I just lost it and tried to hurt him. He was way stronger than me, he could have beat me up if he wanted to. But instead he just tried to hold me still and told me he was not going to fight me. Apparently I found out later from a friend that he didn't hit girls because him and his mother were beaten by his father. Which probaly explaind why he was such a jerk.

I never got in a physical fight ever again after that. I stick up for others and try to teach people how to communicate in a way that they don't need their fists to get a point across. And even though I hate him for how he acts, I respect him.

--------------------

~om nom nom~

+Quote Post

Eric Smith
post May 26 2009, 04:58 PM
Post #58

<3's Musharna and Munna
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Ebonycrow @ May 26 2009, 02:43 PM) *

Where'd you get that info? Most serial killers begin their torturefest at young ages, beginning with animals such as cats and dogs, before ultimately moving on to humans. Many of these killers began at a young age, even as young as seven years old, and are influenced generally by one of three things: Mental illness, fantasy, or encouraged violent behavior in media and/or parenting. A combination isn't uncommon.

Some murderers may have once been good people, but all, or most? No way in hell.

As for me? I wouldn't punish them. No reason to. If they don't want to believe in me then let them go on--it's whatever makes them a happy person in their current life.

They were once innocent children. That is what I meant to say...
It is hard to for me to put my thoughts into words. *sigh*

--------------------

+Quote Post

King Calamity
post May 28 2009, 12:34 PM
Post #59

Philosopher
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 187

Wonders of Existence

QUOTE(Grovyle @ May 26 2009, 02:58 PM) *
QUOTE(Ebonycrow @ May 26 2009, 02:43 PM) *

They were once innocent children. That is what I meant to say...
It is hard to for me to put my thoughts into words. *sigh*

ya but evryone was once an innocent child. besides, according to christianity, doesnt god already know what your going to be like? seeing as how hes supose to see everything? then shouldnt he know how a person will act when he gets older? so then you should know how someone will act when theyre older

This post has been edited by The Enigmatic Trainer: May 28 2009, 12:35 PM

--------------------

Previous Names:
The Enigmatic Trainer
SilverTheIronKnight

EGGS (click to show)

CREDITS (click to show)
+Quote Post

Eric Smith
post May 28 2009, 08:26 PM
Post #60

<3's Musharna and Munna
Group Icon

Active Squad

He also loves everything. Would you kill your own your own child if you knew he was going to misbehave in school?
Murdering is not the worst thing you can do, in God's eyes.

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 02:56 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.