Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
[BW] Ulgamoth
bluejay
post Nov 17 2010, 04:41 PM
Post #1

SWEET VICTORY
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8 146

Team derp

Bug/Fire
Trait: Flame Body
Trait(Dream World): Swarm

85 HP/60 ATK /65 DEF /135 SPA /105 SPD /100 SPE

x4 Weak to: Rock
x2 Weak to: Ground, Water, Flying
  • Sky-high special attack of 135, a decent 100 speed, and one of the most powerful set-up moves in the game, Butterfly Dance(which increases its special attack, speed, and special defense by one stage.)
  • Its main drawbacks are its physical frailty, combined with the x4 stealth rock weakness.
  • Resists 3 priority moves(Bullet Punch, Mach Punch, Vacuum Wave) while having an almost devastating weakness to one of the others(aqua jet).
  • Has a limited movepool. Most sets would contain two STAB moves and the Hidden Power of your choice.
  • Has an unfortunate weakness to common attacking types, most notably Rock and Ground.
  • Although it is unreliable with all the weather teams running around, it has instant recovery access in the form of Morning Sun.
---
Butterfly Dance Sweeper

Urugamosu @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid / Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast / Flame Dance / Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Ground / HP Ice
- Butterfly Dance
  • The main goal of this set is to cause as much damage as possible.
  • Potent late-game sweeper, meaning it can come in once its counters are gone, set up, and sweep.
  • Fire Blast for more power, Flame Dance if you want to raise your special attack more, and Flamethrower for reliability.
  • Hidden Power Electric is also an option.
Other Options
  • Has access to Psychic, but, it would seem like poor coverage, besides hitting fighters for supereffective damage.
  • Also has access to Hurricane, a flying type version of Thunder that is only 100% accurate in the rain.

----

Counters
    • Burungeru can come in on almost any of its attacks and wear it down with Toxic.
    • Scarfed Garchomp, outspeeding it after a Butterfly Dance by only a margin, can reliably revenge kill it with Earthquake or Stone Edge.
    • Balloon Heatran can come in and hit it with Hidden Power Rock, even if Urugamosu does have hidden Power Ground. You would have to switch in on a predicted Fire or Ground move, however,
Team Options
    Things that can wall it depend on what Hidden Power you're running. Versions without HP Ground will be shat all over by most Heatran, and most dragons can take a hit or two without HP ice.
  • You would need something to deal with Blissey, and the new premier bulky water, Burungeru, who resists both of Ulgamoth's STAB attacks, and takes minimal damage from Hidden Power Electric.
  • He would want something to deal with bulky waters if he lacks HP electric.
  • Absolutely requires rapid spin support. Without it, you will more often than not be stripped of 50% of your health on the switch in.
  • Like any offensive Pokemon, he also appreciates entry hazard support.

This post has been edited by Pendora: Nov 17 2010, 04:43 PM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Xatumi
post Nov 26 2010, 08:49 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 121 365

Active Squad [HG]

If it is sent out againts a Pokemon slower then it, and has a chance to make two Butterfly Dance moves. Thats pretty much check-and-mate. Even if the opponent brings out a Pokemon with a Rock type move or is a rock type Pokemon, Ulgamoth can easily take it out. With Fire Dance, which also raises its Special attack when it hits, or a combination of Sunny Day and Solar Beam if the opponent is a Rock/Ground type Pokemon, easy win.

So I give Ulgamoth a thumbs up for its capabilities. Although, it has crappy typing, it makes up for it with an amazing stat base.

--------------------
-Currently raising some Pokemon, then might take on this GTS league happy.gif
+Quote Post

bluejay
post Dec 1 2010, 06:52 AM
Post #3

SWEET VICTORY
Group Icon

Team derp

QUOTE(Xatumi @ Nov 26 2010, 09:49 PM) *
If it is sent out againts a Pokemon slower then it, and has a chance to make two Butterfly Dance moves. Thats pretty much check-and-mate. Even if the opponent brings out a Pokemon with a Rock type move or is a rock type Pokemon, Ulgamoth can easily take it out. With Fire Dance, which also raises its Special attack when it hits, or a combination of Sunny Day and Solar Beam if the opponent is a Rock/Ground type Pokemon, easy win.

So I give Ulgamoth a thumbs up for its capabilities. Although, it has crappy typing, it makes up for it with an amazing stat base.

Not necessarily. Ulgamoth has poor physical defense and no way to boost it, so most rock moves could easily take it out. However, if you don't have a scarfed revenge killer waiting, something that can take one of its attacks, or a strong priority user, it will take things out.

I was going to write a sun-oriented set, since this thing can be a pretty terrifying sun sweeper. Drought ninetales is technically legal now, I just need to test it out a bit.

This post has been edited by Pendora: Dec 1 2010, 06:56 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Feb 24 2011, 03:51 PM
Post #4

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

i played this without rapid spin support, it actually worked pretty well... butterfly dance is extremely powerful

--------------------
+Quote Post

bluejay
post Feb 24 2011, 06:33 PM
Post #5

SWEET VICTORY
Group Icon

Team derp

QUOTE(Mercenary Raven @ Feb 24 2011, 04:51 PM) *
i played this without rapid spin support, it actually worked pretty well... butterfly dance is extremely powerful

I know, even SR isn't enough to stop this thing ;_; i love it!

speaking of this, i really need to add some new sets. i've been trying sub BD lately and it works pretty well even if i do lose coverage

--------------------

+Quote Post

ImaPenguin95
post Mar 12 2011, 08:16 AM
Post #6

Back From Hiatus
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 899

The Team

You could always try a bulky Quiver Dancer.

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Bold
248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpDef
Flame Body
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Morning Sun

Obviously since Morning Sun has been included, the set should almost always be used under Sun. Flame Body's burn chance and a Bold nature help maximise the opportunities Volcarona has to set up on Physical attackers. Despite Morning Sun allowing it to disregard Stealth Rock damage, Rapid Spin support is still massively recommended due to the effect Toxic Spikes have on this set. The prolonged damage will cut short any attempts at sweeping. Tentacruel makes a great partner in this respect - not only absorbing Toxic Spikes, but also being able to set up it's own, as well as get rid of Stealth Rocks.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Newcleargreen
post Jun 17 2011, 06:21 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 143 548

Active Squad

it's shit move along
+Quote Post

Spoovo The Pirat...
post Jun 25 2012, 03:46 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 43 235

Team RAWR!

QUOTE(Newcleargreen @ Jun 18 2011, 11:21 AM) *
it's shit move along

Uhh, no it isn't. You just wanna replace Fiery Dance with Lava Plume to spam burns instead, which will effectively boost its physical defence, and give you more setup room. i.e. good.

--------------------

I WRITE FANFICS!

It's All In The Genes

Moonlight

Please read and review! cat.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd April 2024 - 10:16 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.