Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Closed TopicStart new topic
De-evolution spray
Darien
post Aug 16 2010, 04:40 AM
Post #1

Does this smell like chloroform to you?
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 33 046

Active Squad

I'm not sure how many of you all have played the Pokemon TCG, but ever since I saw the card when it was originally released, I've always wondered why such an item didn't appear in the show/games. And since I've been on GPX, I wondered the same about why such an item was never created. For those of you that don't know/can't guess, this (one time use) item would allow you to de-evolve a Pokemon you have into its immediate previous stage. The only downside I could see to this, it's lazy. A good example would be de-evolving a Jynx to a Smoochum so you could easily level it up (If it's not already) to level 100 and start battling for the Powerpuff Girl achievement without having to worry about finding one already hatched or breeding/hatching one yourself. While it may be lazy, it can also be pretty helpful in the same way. ^^

--------------------

~Growing older is inevitable - growing up is optional~
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Aug 16 2010, 05:15 AM
Post #2

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

I'd rather get an item that turns a pokemon back to an egg.

And btw, wonder woman is for cloysterman, the smoochum one is called powerpuff girl.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

Darien
post Aug 16 2010, 05:27 AM
Post #3

Does this smell like chloroform to you?
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 046

Active Squad

That could work too ^^

And thanks, can't believe I got em mixed up pinch.gif

--------------------

~Growing older is inevitable - growing up is optional~
+Quote Post

koolchick
post Aug 16 2010, 08:15 AM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 22 839

Active Squad

I actually like this idea more for shinies so you could get all evolutions in dex then keep them at one you like best.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Special K
post Aug 16 2010, 10:35 AM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 846

Active Squad

I'm not 100% positive about this, since I can't find it anywhere right now (darn you, search function, for letting me down...) but I feel as though this has already been shot down before on the basis of exactly what you said in your first post - laziness. People are fully capable of adopting and levelling up a smoochum instead of de-evolving jynx, they're just too lazy sometimes -_-.gif

The only benefit I can see would maybe be shinies, like koolchick said, since I have a bunch of shinies I refuse to evolve so I'll never get the dex entries for their evolutions xD But otherwise, I disagree with this, even if its helpful, it makes it too easy and lets people be too lazy...
+Quote Post

Dalek Omega
post Aug 16 2010, 11:07 AM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 76 497

Active Squad

I think you'd have to weigh the "laziness" aspect against the possible "good" uses of it. It would be helpful for shinies, but then to be able to keep a Shiny Shinx in my party, I took on a second hunt for shiny shinx so I'd have one to level up to collect the other dex entries.

As it was mentioned, I'd love to see this revert a pokemon to an egg. For those who have Deoxys (which have different egg dex images), if it was used in that fashion, a person could collect the egg dex data for all 4 eggs by having only one Deoxys in their possession. The same could be said for any other pokemon (especially non-summonable legendary) that was picked up in the Safari Zone. While I have yet to find a pokemon that could take advantage of this, I'd love for it to be there if I was ever lucky enough in the Shelter.

It would also make the game interesting if other alternate forms had egg images created for each form as an item like this would be of more use. This would then be able to be used on the different forms of Rotom, Shaymin, and Giratina. In a way it would be like trying to breed for certain egg moves in the RPG games.

--------------------
Follow Mo & Zel to my party
+Quote Post

Pwncess
post Aug 16 2010, 11:50 AM
Post #7

The Pokemon Pwncess
Group Icon

Member No.: 104 981

Pwnasaurus Wrecks

I like this idea. There have been times where I've wanted to level my Pokemon, but was unsure of doing so because then I would lose the previous evolution. For example, I like Pichu a lot better than Pikachu, but I like to level all my Pokemon from babies when possible. So I could level my little Pichu all the way through to Raichu, but Pichu being my favorite, I would have to start over with a new Pichu. sweat.gif I'd like to be able to de-evolve back if I had a Raichu at level 100 and wanted it to be a cute little Pichu again, that way I'd have the Pokedex entries without doing the work all over again (: [Hope that made sense.]

--------------------

I am Pwncess.
A young, magenta-haired Pokemon trainer.
Pokemon companion: Chu the shiny Gizamimi Pichu.

Click my babies please! (click to show)

Pokemon I've claimed: (click to show)
+Quote Post

Sharkopus
post Aug 16 2010, 12:24 PM
Post #8

One Look Into My Sinster Eyes,and.....BAM!
Group Icon

Member No.: 92 026

My Fav Pokemon

This Might Work-If it was an Item that Could Only be Used Once, and costed around 4,000 Points.
+Quote Post

ForeverGone
post Aug 16 2010, 12:55 PM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 48 080

Moon's Rangers

If it reverts the pokemon to an egg, it would be way too easy to get the Dex entries... You take pokes in the Safari, turn them back to an egg, release them right away since you know it's not a shiny anyway... With some points, you could get so many entries with no effort at all ! :/

--------------------
Member of :

+Quote Post

Special K
post Aug 16 2010, 03:14 PM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 846

Active Squad

QUOTE(Forever of the Stars @ Aug 16 2010, 01:55 PM) *
If it reverts the pokemon to an egg, it would be way too easy to get the Dex entries... You take pokes in the Safari, turn them back to an egg, release them right away since you know it's not a shiny anyway... With some points, you could get so many entries with no effort at all ! :/

I agree with this ^ I think an item reverting to an egg would be just as bad as an item reverting to previous evolutions. The point of the game is collecting and levelling pokemon, if you make everything super easy then what's the point?
+Quote Post

Galahawk
post Aug 16 2010, 04:01 PM
Post #11

Legendary Dragon Empress
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 238

Best team ever

QUOTE(Kristastic @ Aug 16 2010, 04:14 PM) *
QUOTE(Forever of the Stars @ Aug 16 2010, 01:55 PM) *

I agree with this ^ I think an item reverting to an egg would be just as bad as an item reverting to previous evolutions. The point of the game is collecting and levelling pokemon, if you make everything super easy then what's the point?

Also if you own a shiny Pokemon, you could turn them into an egg, start a shiny hunt for that Pokemon and hatch the egg, which would complete that hunt, and repeat the process over and over again. There are achievements relating to shiny hunts so it would be WAY too easy to abuse.

This post has been edited by Galahawk: Aug 16 2010, 04:03 PM

--------------------
[align=center]
- Click Latias for my deviantART | Click Latios for my Tumblr -

[spoiler=Shinies + Fat meeps]
(Shinies are not in chronological order. I stopped caring.)[/spoiler][/align]
+Quote Post

Carefactorzero
post Aug 16 2010, 04:56 PM
Post #12

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 837

Active Squad

^Actually, I'm pretty sure said pokémon won't count towards a shiny hunt if it's re-hatched, as its time-line would show that it was grabbed before you started the shiny hunt.

But yeah - I'm apathetic about this, mostly because I have nothing to use it on. XD

That aside, rather than be an item that's available at any time, it should be one that's only available through an achievement, like the Discount Coupon. Yes, it's abusable, and yes, it can be helpful; there needs to be a good balance between the two aspects.

This post has been edited by Arceus thrasher: Aug 16 2010, 04:58 PM
+Quote Post

Galahawk
post Aug 16 2010, 06:49 PM
Post #13

Legendary Dragon Empress
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 238

Best team ever

QUOTE(Arceus thrasher @ Aug 16 2010, 05:56 PM) *
^Actually, I'm pretty sure said pokémon won't count towards a shiny hunt if it's re-hatched, as its time-line would show that it was grabbed before you started the shiny hunt.

Not if you turn it into an egg after starting the hunt. Someone in the thread about which Pokemon got re-eggified cheated the system using that method.

--------------------
[align=center]
- Click Latias for my deviantART | Click Latios for my Tumblr -

[spoiler=Shinies + Fat meeps]
(Shinies are not in chronological order. I stopped caring.)[/spoiler][/align]
+Quote Post

Kranic
post Aug 16 2010, 06:53 PM
Post #14

So I herd u like Motorz
Group Icon

Member No.: 75 208

Active Squad

I made my shiny breloom into an egg via the mystery box a while ago.
I started a shiny hunt while it was still an egg.
I hatched it and got credit for it as a shiny hunt.

So yeah.

For proof, look at my Shroom's adoption date and how many eggs it took me to finish the hunt.

This post has been edited by Kranic: Aug 16 2010, 06:59 PM

--------------------

PANE (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)

+Quote Post

Big Bidoof
post Aug 17 2010, 11:02 AM
Post #15

Watching YOU
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 1

Active Squad

There won't be any devolving item, if you need another of a Pokemon, either breed it or find one in the Shelter or the Lab.

I guess this is one thing that we forgot to put on the "do not suggest" list, yup yup.

--------------------
"Java is to JavaScript as ham is to hamster."

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:37 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.