Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
December Events, We're finally nearing the end of 2020
deleted user
post Dec 22 2020, 09:35 PM
Post #61

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 129 409

Active Squad

I feel it deserves mention that, unless it's been changed from prior years, Shiny Pokemon from the exchange do not count towards Shiny Hunts (for those of you who were hoping to cheese the "Good Luck" Achievement)

That said, I hope my Shiny Klinklang goes to someone who didn't have that achievement.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Skins T
post Dec 22 2020, 09:45 PM
Post #62

Feel the Fire, Break your Vision
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 68 079

Favourite Pokemon

I submitted one of my spare shiny eevees, cause everyone needs more shiny eevees :P Hope I get something I don't have!

--------------------

Click above for party~
+Quote Post

Myou
post Dec 22 2020, 10:01 PM
Post #63

You can't scare me... I'm a Preschool Teacher~!
Group Icon

Member No.: 36 182

~My Team~

I can understand the novelties being excluded this year since quite a few of them are in something of a grey area. I recalled putting in a shiny Fake Groudon a few years ago thinking it would revert back to a regular Groudon, only to be surprised and kind of miffed when I ended up with a shiny Slime Slugma egg in my party. After talking it over with people on the forum, I got over it since it was my fault for not remembering it had a novelty egg form and the one I got was still a shiny I didn't have, so I considered it a lesson learned the hard way and learned to be more careful with my choices.

I'm still confused about previous exchange pokemon not being allowed, though; were people complaining about pokemon that were part of a previous exchange? I always thought it was fun to see how long a pokemon's been around and where it's been before coming to you, plus it's not like a long history is intrusive on the interaction page since it has its own scrollbar. I'm with everyone else in hoping it doesn't carry over to the next exchange since the rule eliminates the two options I had that don't hold sentimental value... but I guess having a few days to figure out what I'm going to do makes more sense now.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Dec 23 2020, 12:58 AM
Post #64

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

QUOTE(Myou @ Dec 22 2020, 09:01 PM) *
I'm still confused about previous exchange pokemon not being allowed, though; were people complaining about pokemon that were part of a previous exchange?

It was an idea I had last year, but it was late when I finalized all the details last night and eliminating novelties had already removed most of the reason for that idea... It was because a lot of garbage options kept going through the exchange, such as Zygarde Cells, as no one really wanted them, and everyone who submitted it hoped it'd net them a better novelty. (that's just one example that I recall)

It's too late to remove that rule now since submissions have been open all day and folks have already started entering things that may have also wanted to submit a repeat Pokémon, and there is no undoing their submissions.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Kanonno
post Dec 23 2020, 05:01 PM
Post #65

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 230 318

Active Squad

QUOTE(Mr Spaz @ Dec 22 2020, 10:35 PM) *
I feel it deserves mention that, unless it's been changed from prior years, Shiny Pokemon from the exchange do not count towards Shiny Hunts (for those of you who were hoping to cheese the "Good Luck" Achievement)

I don't believe that's correct, provided you were already hunting that egg. Eggs obtained before beginning your hunt do not count, which is why you cannot sign up for a pokemon after seeing which shiny you will receive. If you miraculously happen to get an egg already on your hunt list, it should complete your hunt the same as if you were using a shiny voucher.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Dec 23 2020, 05:18 PM
Post #66

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

QUOTE(Kanonno @ Dec 23 2020, 11:01 PM) *
QUOTE(Mr Spaz @ Dec 22 2020, 10:35 PM) *

I don't believe that's correct, provided you were already hunting that egg. Eggs obtained before beginning your hunt do not count, which is why you cannot sign up for a pokemon after seeing which shiny you will receive. If you miraculously happen to get an egg already on your hunt list, it should complete your hunt the same as if you were using a shiny voucher.

It says on the help page that shines from the exchange don't count https://gpx.plus/help/other-events/180

Also, for normal shiny hunts, eggs obtained before the shiny hunt does count. The only exceptions are shiny races, where the egg must be obtained after the race officially starts, and site wide shiny hunts, where eggs must be obtained after the SWSH itself officially starts.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

Pondo
post Dec 23 2020, 09:59 PM
Post #67

Stay hydrated plis :>
Group Icon

Member No.: 204 419

i liek frowgs

» Ooooh someone's gonna get a shiny cactus... I honestly couldn't bear to part with most of them, but sometimes you gotta make a sacrifice for the greater good.

--------------------
add to the grey
+Quote Post

SallyAnn
post Dec 24 2020, 08:32 AM
Post #68

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 240 333

Active Squad

Kind of happy about the change to novelties to be honest. I put in a shiny Rustor I had spent ages to get and received a shiny Zygarde Cell which was disappointing. Imagine if you got a shiny coloured magikarp back, it would be so disappointing.

This post has been edited by SallyAnn: Dec 24 2020, 05:03 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Dec 24 2020, 01:08 PM
Post #69

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

QUOTE(SallyAnn @ Dec 24 2020, 06:32 AM) *
Kind of happy about the change to novelties to be honest. I put in a shiny Rustor I had spent ages to get and received a shiny Zygarde Cell which was disappointing. Imagine if you got a shiny magikarp back, it would be so disappointing.

Unless, of course, you were hunting for a shiny Gyarados. wink.gif

Also, for normal shiny hunts, eggs obtained before the shiny hunt does count. The only exceptions are shiny races, where the egg must be obtained after the race officially starts, and site wide shiny hunts, where eggs must be obtained after the SWSH itself officially starts.

Tyranisaur, does that mean, if I began a shiny hunt now for, say, a Pichu, and I already opened up like 100 eggs, my shiny hunt would say something like "egg 101 of Pichu"? I thought that, if you start a shiny hunt for any Pokemon, it doesn't matter how many eggs you hatched before the hunt began, the hunt would start with the next egg you hatch.

I'm going to go search my Poke Dex now and see what Pokemon to deposit. I'm actually still searching for a(nother) shiny Eevee, Skins T, so who knows? wink.gif wink.gif And if I do, then that will be what? 2 out of 8 completed? lol.gif That would not make me unhappy.

The important thing is to remember to have fun. I never did this exchange as a way to win the "Good Luck" achievement because you never know what egg you're going to get. So how could I set up a shiny hunt when I don't know what will fall into my lap? My exchange will be with a Rare Pokemon that was a starter in one of the games. I won't say which one, but hopefully I'll get a new shine in its place. But whether it be a new Pokemon or a familiar one, I am happy to take part in the Secret Santa and hope for the best while having some fun. Fingers crossed for a new shine entry. happy.gif happy.gif

This post has been edited by Mamanator: Dec 24 2020, 01:09 PM

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Dec 24 2020, 03:21 PM
Post #70

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

QUOTE(Mamanator @ Dec 24 2020, 07:08 PM) *
Tyranisaur, does that mean, if I began a shiny hunt now for, say, a Pichu, and I already opened up like 100 eggs, my shiny hunt would say something like "egg 101 of Pichu"? I thought that, if you start a shiny hunt for any Pokemon, it doesn't matter how many eggs you hatched before the hunt began, the hunt would start with the next egg you hatch.

Let's say you have a Murkrow egg in your party, which you do right now. You can start a Murkrow hunt, then hatch that one egg. Then your shine recorder will say you have hatched 1 egg, even though you obtained the egg before starting the hunt.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

Jade
post Dec 24 2020, 07:10 PM
Post #71

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 58 868

My Favorites

Decision made on what I'm gonna drop in. Hope I brighten up someone's day!

Also, have a funny story:

I was summoning some of my legendaries that have built up - summoned a Giratina. Found a Giratina. Thought it was mine.

Double checked the time and realized, Nope. Not mine at all. I got someone else's and mine was picked up by Thundermoss xD It would be hilarious if we'd been summoning at the same time and got each other's.

The irony it will be if one of these two are shiny.

Edit: Oh my god, just used an enigma stone - guess what it summoned? Yep, another Giratina xD

This post has been edited by Jade: Dec 24 2020, 07:26 PM

--------------------
Follow Shay-Shay's flight and he will bring you to a place where eggs and Pokemon need much love.
Shaymin cares, do you?

+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Dec 24 2020, 09:13 PM
Post #72

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

QUOTE(Tyranisaur @ Dec 24 2020, 01:21 PM) *
Let's say you have a Murkrow egg in your party, which you do right now. You can start a Murkrow hunt, then hatch that one egg. Then your shine recorder will say you have hatched 1 egg, even though you obtained the egg before starting the hunt.

*jaw drops open in dawning comprehension* Aaaah! OK. That makes much more sense. LOL Forgive my denseness. And thank you for the follow up.

ROFL, Jade. Great catches! Hopefully one of them will be a shiny for either of you. Perhaps next year I'll make myself a pact to use up my summoning items to search for that shiny legend of my own. I can't begin a shine hunt (too many outstanding SWSHys), but sometimes I get lucky. During the Dreidel event I did unearth one shiny. Fortune isn't bright for me with shiny Pokemon, but it tries to not forget me for too long. happy.gif

This post has been edited by Mamanator: Dec 24 2020, 09:15 PM

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

Koholic
post Dec 25 2020, 03:19 AM
Post #73

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 13 472

McPLATIIINUM.

QUOTE(Pondo @ Dec 23 2020, 10:59 PM) *
» Ooooh someone's gonna get a shiny cactus... I honestly couldn't bear to part with most of them, but sometimes you gotta make a sacrifice for the greater good.

First time doing this and so excited I saw the thread!

I put in my Shiny Wooper! I felt out of my 7 shinies, him and Wynatt were most similar. Let's see what happens!

This post has been edited by Koholic: Dec 25 2020, 03:24 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

cutefox
post Dec 25 2020, 05:01 AM
Post #74

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 233 961

Active Squad

My first time joining this as well, I hope shiny Meganium finds a good home. meganium.gif
+Quote Post

deleted user
post Dec 25 2020, 05:04 AM
Post #75

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 129 409

Active Squad

QUOTE(SallyAnn @ Dec 24 2020, 08:32 AM) *
Kind of happy about the change to novelties to be honest. I put in a shiny Rustor I had spent ages to get and received a shiny Zygarde Cell which was disappointing. Imagine if you got a shiny coloured magikarp back, it would be so disappointing.

I got a Shiny colored Magikarp (I think Blue) from the exchange in 2018. To be fair, I had put in a Shiny Zygarde Cell, so I just casually accepted it. My only disappointment was getting a Shiny from a type I already had a Plate for so no Shards
+Quote Post

SallyAnn
post Dec 25 2020, 10:08 AM
Post #76

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 240 333

Active Squad

I've gone for a shiny Volcarona since fatty eggs are always a pain to hunt given the sites decreased population these days, lets hope it makes someone's day.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Myou
post Dec 25 2020, 07:55 PM
Post #77

You can't scare me... I'm a Preschool Teacher~!
Group Icon

Member No.: 36 182

~My Team~

So after much deliberation, I finally submitted the first shiny non-summonable legendary I ever hatched to go into the exchange and bookmarked the interaction page so I can see who gets it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Dec 26 2020, 12:11 AM
Post #78

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

Submissions for the Secret Santa Exchange closed at reset, and the exchange has happened! If you entered a Pokémon, you should now have a new egg in your party.

There were 691 entries this year. I hope you all got something good. happy.gif

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

cosmo
post Dec 26 2020, 12:20 AM
Post #79

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 70 422

ChuChu

I put in a shiny Miltank in hopes that the receiving user will corrupt it for the harder-to-get chocolate novelty! Got a Popplio and I couldn't be more happy! I thought it was a little funny because last year I received a shiny Rowlet for my exchange. Perhaps next year I'll get Litten? HA! What a great event, can't wait to try and win a cool prize for the New Year's Raffle.
+Quote Post

Deleca7755
post Dec 26 2020, 12:25 AM
Post #80

ಠ_ಠ
Group Icon

Member No.: 239 529

Obligatory Favorites

I got this lol

If you see a Shuppet egg that person most likely got my Bannette. Found It In the Safari Mega'd a while back. Would be awesome If I found the person who has It/they posted.

This post has been edited by Deleca7755: Dec 26 2020, 12:26 AM

--------------------
I'm with stupid ^
+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:47 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.