Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Double Cross, A story of fading allegiance. (Closed)
PinkiePie
post Jul 5 2010, 04:22 PM
Post #1

Sacred Guardian of the Ice-type
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11 138

Cold as Ice

The halls of the Aqua base were swarming with activity, the likes of which Vincent had not seen in quite a while. Had they been recruiting? Whatever the case, it made him feel uneasy; as detached as he was to this organization and its causes, he couldn’t help but feel responsible for this new wave of recruits. Vincent was just outside the office of his new boss, the first name of whom he’d still yet to learn. Lanette stood next to him, smiling despite herself; both of them were. A few nights prior had been special for them. They had basically celebrated their early honeymoon; screw the consequences.

“Ready?” Vincent said to his fiancé.

“Run me through the plan one more time,” Lanette replied.

“Alright, we go in, ask for some time off for a wedding, and never come back. We’ll never hear from Aqua ever again.”

“And I’m here to…”

“Say you’re pregnant,” Vincent suggested. “He would buy it if you said it, but not if I did.”

“I think I’m ready, then.” Hand in hand, the couple walked into the office. The new head of development was facing his window, back to the couple, talking on the phone. When his door opened, he apologized to whoever was on the line and hung up abruptly, turning to face them.

“Lance, Saital. I have a mission for you two.”

“Actually, sir,” Vincent began, but was cut off.

“You both remember the fossil resurrection facility we lost a few days ago, correct?”

“Sure, but-”

“I need you both to go to the quarry about half a mile north of it. Bring a truck and some extra men, if you need to. But there are many….priceless….artifacts in that hole. High Commander Lucy deems it necessary to recover them.”

“SIR!” Vincent asserted. Silence, then he continued. “Lanette and I need some time off.”

“What?”

Lanette spoke for the first time. “I’m pregnant, sir. I’d like to have some maternity leave.”

The admin looked the two over a few times, then nodded. “I can arrange that. Three months from now.”

“WHAT?!” the couple responded in unison.

“She’s not pregnant enough,” said the man. “Three months, then you may….quit, or whatever newfangled plan of escape you had.”

Defeated, Vincent turned to Lanette and sighed. “I can see why he’s in charge.” Then, turning to the man at the desk, “When did you want us to leave?”

“Now, if you can. There shouldn’t be too much to recover, but bring everything you can back.” Then the man swiveled his chair around to face the window and picked the phone back up again, hitting redial to continue his chat. Lanette and Vincent exited the room, the door shutting behind them, and continued on down the busy hall to their next mission, for which they had no heart to complete.

This post has been edited by Vincent Lance: Jul 13 2010, 12:29 PM

--------------------
This is my story series. I'm done posting the second book! Read it!

About me (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

ShinyTyphlosion
post Jul 5 2010, 05:51 PM
Post #2

Look! A delish sparkle!
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 646

Supa Uprising Team :D

Will it be worth leaving the Rebellion? Paul thought to himself as he walked down an empty street. Did I really give them a big enough chance to prove that they are trying to stop Magma? That is the reason they recruited me. That is what they stand for.

"Quil." he heard the Cyndaquil on his shoulder say.

Paul pet the Pokemon. "You're right, I'm probably just trying to avoid it. I'll just go down there and resign now."

"Quil?!" It almost seemed like the small Pokemon was warning him.

"Huh? You think maybe they won't let me resign and stop me?"

The Pokemon nodded.

"I guess they are pretty secretive. But we need a plan to stop Magma first. I need to use what resources of theirs I can access first."

"QUIL!!"

"Huh what?" Paul quickly turned around thinking Cyndaquil was trying to warn. Seeing no one there, he looked at the Pokemon who was flown off his shoulder with the spin. "Sorry." He picked up the Pokemon off the ground. "I thought you were trying to tell me something else. I didn't know you were telling me to stop thinking about staying. But you're right, I'm only trying to avoid it. It's clear they're not going to stop Magma. So we'll just have to do it ourselves. But first, we need a plan. Where do you think would be a good place to do that?"

His Cyndaquil jumped out of his arms and looked towards Groudon's Thumb. He had no idea he had walked so far.

"So, you think we should try and infiltrate them?"

Cyndaquil nodded and ran forward.

"Alright..." Paul said not sure if it was the right thing to do.

This post has been edited by ShinyTyphlosion: Jul 5 2010, 05:55 PM

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
Shiniez! (click to show)

+Quote Post

Kishk
post Jul 5 2010, 07:09 PM
Post #3

Taking over the world, starting with the pancakes.
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 157

Uprising RP Team

Kishk stood in front of a mirror in his room at The Sanctuary, admiring his new look. Slightly tighter black pants, a tight sleeveless workout shirt which revealed his muscles, a custom trench coat of sorts covering the shirt, a black ball belt with room for a PokéNav holster, a pair of black army boots and a pair of tight knuckle gloves. This new look suited Kishk much more than the past one, with that ridiculous cape. Sure, this look would attract more attention than the previous one, but it wasn't anything suspicious. It was just a bit... peculiar.

"I'm actually glad Jan made her Pokémon attack me. If it wasn't for that, I would have never realized how pathetic I looked in my old outfit." he told Tesla, the newest member of his team. "Although," he continued. "There is something missing..."

His eyes darted up to the reflection of his hair and moments later, his hand was deep inside a nearby tub of hair gel. Imagining a new hairstyle in his mind, Kishk applied a small amount of gel to his hair and started changing its style to something a bit more epic, as Kishk would put it himself. Several minutes later, he stood in the bathroom, washing the remaining gel off his hands and grinning at himself on the bathroom mirror, imagining himself asking Jan out. Remembering that she was a Magma, Kishk decided to push the thought from his mind. Shaking his head slightly, he took another look at himself.

"Now that's more like it!" he told himself, running a hand through his spiky hair. "C'mon now Tesla, we should probably train a bit so the other Pokémon get used to you." The Shinx simply watched the teenager as he ran through the open bathroom door on his socks and attempted to jump over his bed. Before he could even jump though, he tripped on the shoulder strap of his backpack, which he had carelessly thrown on the ground after the last mission, falling face-flat on the ground and making one of his Pokéballs open, bringing out a grumpy Poochyena.

As he started to get up, his Shinx pulled the mess of covers off the bed and onto Kishk's head. Once he had untangled himself from the covers, he was met with a frown from Tesla, which clearly did not approve of the lack of organization in Kishk's room.

Kishk understood the look in the Shinx's eyes, and looked around at his room: under a poster of his favorite metalcore band, Bullet For My Valentine, was a chest full of open drawers overflowing with clothing. Next to the chest was an enormous bookcase, filled to the brim with books (mainly fiction and fantasy novels). Near the bookcase were two desks, one for drawing, with an unfinished manga on top, and the other for what Kishk called "his little beast of a PC", currently running Halo: Combat Evolved (which was paused on Kishk's Legendary difficulty campaign) and blasting loud music from his favorite band. On the other side of the room was his king-sized bed, whose white covers were now thrown at the foot of the bed. Facing the bed was a 50 inch High Definition TV (with an odd sock hanging on the side) linked to a PlayStation 3 console, which was currently downloading the latest update. Behind his bed were two doors, one leading to his small bathroom whose tiled floor was littered with underwear, and the other leading out into the corridor of the dorms section of The Sanctuary.

"You're right. This room is a mess." he told Tesla, as he watched his Poochyena retreat back into his Pokéball after being rudely disturbed (on accident, mind you!).

Getting up from the floor, Kishk picked the odd sock off of the TV, throwing it into the bathroom where it joined an assortment of socks and underwear on the floor. Kishk ignored Tesla's second frown as he looked at the PlayStation 3... remembering his parents...

After his parents had died, Kishk was left with quite a large sum of money, something he wasn't used to having to himself to do whatever he wished. Deciding against using his parents' money too much, Kishk started working to earn his own living, only spending the money his parents had left him when he really needed to. After he joined the Rebellion though, he started spending all the money he had a bit more freely, seeing as he had gained new lodgings and food in The Sanctuary.

Walking up to his bedside table, he turned off the lamp which he had left on last night, closed the copy of Brisingr by Cristopher Paolini he had been re-reading for the 13th time, and cleaned the dust from a portrait of his parents holding him as a baby.

I will avenge you... mark my words...

His thoughts were interrupted by a slight tug on his pants. Looking down, Kishk saw Tesla frowning at him once again.

"You know, you look pretty weird when you're frowning." he said as he pulled the Pokémon off of him. "Alright Tesla, we can go train after I'm done cleaning up."

The Shinx retreated to the top of his chest of clothes while Kishk fixed his bed, wondering when he'd be getting a new mission.

Hopefully the next one can have something to do with Magma... -_-2.gif

This post has been edited by Kishk: Jul 6 2010, 08:06 AM

--------------------

Hunting for: Shinies on Pokemon: Sapphire Version.

Sprites (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

nuttyjigs
post Jul 6 2010, 05:19 AM
Post #4

Someone insane
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 407

Inferno

There wasn't really much to do on that day, it seemed so, at least. After what happened with the fossils, Jan stopped receiving even those silly little errands. Well they could do whatever they wanted with her and she wouldn't ever care. She wasn't there for money, or for power, or for whatever silly philosophy they had. Personal issues, that was all, and she'd rather not delve on that.

So, on that day, Janette Fey was strolling around Noverus with her Pokemon at her heels (or in Etheria's case, above her). That day she wasn't wearing anything special--shirt and tight shorts were enough. She disliked wearing the Magma uniform in public--it got people to stare at her and whisper among themselves as if some tyrant was strolling through. Not that it completely avoided that--some citizens who had seen her around still tend to gossip a little. But it was fine to that extent. It was worth it in the long run, right?

Except it was hard to forget why she was in Magma if she was absentmindedly clicking that lighter on her stroll. Black with wispy purple waves that form a rose--the Zippo lighter that her parents gave her on her fifteenth birthday. She don't know why they chose a lighter. Maybe they'd already given her everything else.

Since she looked like she was thinking of something quite deep, Ember tried to avoid interrupting Jan. Even if she hated that lighter. To think the other two were formidable enough rivals.

The Pokegear interrupted for Ember, the loud, familiar beeping forcing the rest of Jan's thoughts out. If she was someone else, she would have probably dropped the lighter in shock. But she was Jan, and she simply pocketed the lighter and took the call.
"Consider yourself lucky. After that failure you were still immediately issued a new mission. Report to the briefing room ASAP."
"Yes, sir."
"Well, you seem...more obedient than usual." The voice on the other end sounded like he had called a wrong number.
"Something's just on my mind." And then she hung up. Yes, she wasn't in a very productive mood, but it would do for the moment. Jan turned the other way, back to Groudon's Thumb, her party trailing after her.

--------------------
Might return to activity sometime soon. noes.gif I have to get back to GPX, too...
+Quote Post

Fei Fei
post Jul 7 2010, 02:23 PM
Post #5

Is totally a chick.
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 742

PANE Party: Alex

What the hell time was it? Hell, what the hell day was it?

Oscar Stark lay face down on his pillow, bare-chested with his blankets all but falling off the bed. The curtains were drawn so heavily across the windows that the room rivaled some caves for its darkness. A high-pitched ringing practically echoed around the pristine room, echoing off top-of-the-line immaculate furniture. As the ringing persisted, one of his hands snaked its way out from under his pillow to fumble around on the bed-side table in search of the offending device. Finally, after barely avoiding knocking over a glass of water, his hand landed upon his cell-phone, buzzing around the table as it vibrated in time with the tonal-rendition of Oscar's favorite song.

It was quickly becoming his least favorite song.

When he finally picked up the phone, he didn't even lift his head to look at the caller-ID. He simply, and without hesitation, threw it across the room, where it thudded against the wall before falling to the floor, silent. He probably knocked the battery loose. Good.

Now, back to sleep.

Except, more sleep didn't seem to be in the equation for the morning. Diamond, who'd been curled against his side but had awoken when the phone went off, slowly picker her way off the bed, landing on the floor easily on all fours before padding over to the curtains. Club, who'd been laying asleep, curled in the egg-chair that Oscar had paid over one hundred thousand pokedollars for, was already up and standing by the curtains. Diamond took one side of the curtains between her teeth, and Club took the other side in his free hand (refusing to let go of his favorite bone), and they both simultaneously pulled.

Oscar had been about to look up, to see what his pokemon had been doing, but quickly realized the folly of his ways. Unfortunately, he didn't realize it quickly enough. Just as he looked up, sunlight poured into the previously pitch-black room, and his eyes were blinded. With an ungraceful yelp, he hastily put a hand up to block the light, and fell off the bed in a tangle of sheets.

He laid on the floor, staring blearily up at the ceiling for a few moments as his eyes adjusted to the light. A blue and white form swam into his vision, and Spade happily cooed into his face, greeting him for the day. He stared back at her, scowling, as Diamond and Club walked into his line of vision.

"If any of you ever tell anyone that I just fell out of the bed, I will kill you all," he said, looking at the ceiling. Diamond rolled her eyes as Spade chuckled, and Club walked over to the side of the room to retrieve Oscar's cell phone. Oscar reluctantly accepted it, shoving the battery back into place as he sat up, resting his back against the side of the bed, not bothering to get up from the floor. Almost as soon as he clicked the battery back in, the phone began to ring. 'Work' the ID read, and Oscar rolled his eyes. Diamond stepped into his lap and made herself comfortable as he lifted the phone to his ear, answering it as his free hand went down to stroke the Meowth's fur absently.

"Stark?" Came a harsh voice from the other end of the line, grating on Oscar's sleep-addled ears.

"I'm sorry. You've reached the voice-mail of the fabulously handsome and awesome Oscar Stark. If you'd like to leave a message-"

"Shut up, Stark, and listen."

Oscar rolled his eyes as he lifted his hand to rub across his face and through his hair. After an almost inaudible sigh, he nodded. "Yeah, what is it boss?"

"I need you in my office in ten, Stark. I've got a job for ya'."

"Boss, you can't rush perfection. I need at least a half-hour to get rea-"

"Make it five," and then the line went dead.

Oscar lowered the phone, looking at it petulantly before snapping it closed. His pokemon all looked at him, and he at them, before he got up, Diamond jumping out of his lap. He padded towards the bathroom, waving a hand dismissively at the concerned looks he knew his pokemon were giving him. "Shower time, kids. If the boss-man calls again, tell him I fell and killed myself. He'll probably die of happiness."

Oscar got out of the shower seven minutes later, and took his time drying his hair and getting ready. Finally, after 19 minutes in total, he stood in front of the floor length mirror next to his bed, making sure everything was in order.

"Yep. Completely worth it." He smiled at his reflection, and the reflection smiled back, dressed in a finely tailored black turtle neck, black pants, and dark maroon pinstripe suit-jacket.

"Alright then, kids. Lets see what our dear old boss wanted, hm?" His pokemon nodded with him, and Diamond jumped up from the chair next to him onto his shoulders as he recalled Club and Spade back into their pokeballs. Going to the door with one last look around the apartment- immaculate as always, and tastefully decorated- he exited the room, locking the door behind him.

--------------------
PANE (click to show)

PANE:
I've been dead. I'm back. Let's get our RP on.

+Quote Post

BlackStarLine
post Jul 12 2010, 10:18 AM
Post #6

Elite Four
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 76 525

Uprising Team

6am and Daniel was wide awake lying on his bed mulling over the events that transpired yesterday.

Now, although they managed to secure a fossil reviving lab from Aqua, Daniel began to think that it seemed a little too easy...

He sat up and began to go over the events in his mind... He began by mulling over how Max, Lily and Belle performed.

With Lily and Max having about the same experience he decided that having them double team would be a good idea for future battles. Max would need to work on his speed a bit more and Daniel decided on getting him some Carbos to boost his speed. He also thought about the amount of damage Max normally takes in battle and decided that a couple of Iron boosters would do the trick.

As for Lily, Daniel decided she needed to work on her stamina and so decided to test her in the pokemon gym that was on the lower ground floor.

Then it came to Belle. Now although Daniel hadn't had her for long, she would eventually become a valuable asset to his team. Her strategy would have to be speed and power. 2 Carbos and a Protein would sort her out for a few levels, and after that he would have to re-evaluate her stats.

When Daniel finally looked at his pokenav he realized he had been fulling over everyone's stats for 2 hours as it was 8am.

"Good god... How could I have been thinking for over 2 hours?" He said to himself. Daniel was shocked at how much time flies when you're thinking.

He got out of bed and put on his usual clothing. However there was one difference these days, a thin gold necklace with an Ankh on it... He had received it in a package from his parents that arrived via Pelipper mail. His parents had sent a note in it that said it was for good luck. He appreciated the sentiment and sent a thank you letter back with the Pelipper.

Recently, Daniel had bought a new pokeball belt which he slung over his chest. He looked pretty cool, even if he did say so himself.

He made his way outside and was almost blinded by the morning sun as he made his way into town to get the stuff for his team. Soon after he had bought the stuff he needed, he got a call on his pokenav from his CO.

"Daniel? You're needed in the briefing room immediately."

"How urgently am I needed?" Daniel sighed

"Very. Get back to base now."

The phone cut off shortly after that and Daniel sighed again. He really wanted a day off for once. He began to wander back to base muttering about how he needed a couple of days off...

--------------------
Uprising Stuff... (click to show)

Random Crap. (click to show)

The most epic quote in history:
QUOTE(kirby163 @ Nov 15 2010, 10:58 PM) *
They teach blackmail at college, but it's called ethics awesome.gif
+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Jul 13 2010, 12:38 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

The speedboats that Aqua used were fine when you didn't have a more efficient way to travel, but Vincent did. The couple was now flying over the Noverus environs on Aerodactyl, easily the most efficient way to travel either of them had experienced since they joined. It didn't take them long at all to find the quarry, able to spot it almost immediately from the air. So Aerodactyl made its way down and began searching the area before determining it was safe enough to land.

When they arrived, Vincent noticed the entire quarry was empty. While he hadn't expected there to be much of anything, he had also expected rocks, or perhaps some archeological equipment, to be lying around. But instead the whole place was barren; no rocks, no equipment. Just potholes and caves. And dust.

"Lanette?"

"Yes?"

"What's going on?"

She looked at him, puzzled. "I'm not sure. He said to get everything, yet there's nothing to get."

Vincent started walking toward one of the caves that dotted the outskirts of the dusty bowl, thinking perhaps there was something of worth in them. But Lanette stopped him.

"Wait," she pleaded. "It may not be safe."

"Lanette, you worry too much," he protested. "Besides, what could be in there other than rocks?"

"That's what we said about the quarry. Guess what? No rocks."

She had a point. "I'll be careful, I promise." Then he kissed her quickly and walked on in, leaving her and Aerodactyl alone in the empty boneyard.

This post has been edited by Vincent Lance: Jul 13 2010, 12:40 PM

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

nuttyjigs
post Jul 14 2010, 04:48 AM
Post #8

Someone insane
Group Icon

Inferno

Much to her surprise, Jan was the only one there.

The Elite waiting for her was the same as last time, sharp, distinct features pretty hard to forget. Jan raised an eyebrow, but to Elite only gruffly motioned for her to sit. For once in her life, she followed what someone else told her to do.

"Janette Fey."

Jan frowned in distaste, but said a little mockingly, "Yes, sir?" Amethyst eyes proceeded to wander around, the empty room a little strange to her. It was quiet, chatty voices of her two past teammates missing. For one, Jan didn't believe she was doing this mission solo. No way would they have trusted her with a solo mission after what happened last time, and she was quite inexperienced, after all.

"I know what you're thinking, Fey. And no, you're not doing this alone." The Elite was half-psychic.

Content with the sudden disappearance of awkwardness, Jan returned to her usual uncaring self, crossing her legs and glaring at the Elite with a smirk. "Okay then, fill me in. You don't need to be too concerned about me~"

The reply was a groan, the Elite noting the return of Jan's natural aggravating self. But he knew they were running out of time, so he went on straight with the briefing. "Do you remember your last mission?"

It caught Jan by surprise, but she managed to reply, "Now, how could I forget such an...enlightening experience...?" What was Magma up to?

"Yes. Now, the fossils which you were tricked out of came from a quarry, correct?" He didn't wait for an answer. "Well, our sources tell us that there is more to the quarry than Aqua is showing. However, we have no idea what it is they are hiding exactly. We want you to investigate, inform us of your discoveries, and if it is anything of value, attempt to take it from Aqua. Do you understand?"

Instead of a "yes" answer, Jan said with a cock of the head, "And who might I be working with on this?"

The Elite seemed reluctant to answer. "It's...someone I reckon you'll get along with pretty well." Was that good or bad? "He'll meet you around the area of the facility you discovered on your last mission. Now go!"

Jan rolled her eyes at the Elite's now stern command and exited the room with a smirk. "Anything you say~"

--------------------
Might return to activity sometime soon. noes.gif I have to get back to GPX, too...
+Quote Post

Kishk
post Jul 16 2010, 11:45 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Uprising RP Team

Kishk flopped down onto his bed and almost immediately jumped off, fixing the creases he had just created. Pulling up a black beanbag chair from underneath his bed, Kishk sat down for a few minutes simply looking around at his room. Everything was now neatly in order: books ordered in alphabetical order (and those that would not fit in the bookcase were placed in a neat stack at the foot of his bed), clean underwear and clothing folded in their respective drawers, dirty clothing set in a basket ready to be sent to The Sanctuary's laundry, and finally, his backpack properly packed with everything he needed for his next mission.

"So, satisfied yet?" he asked Tesla, who was sitting on the floor by the door. The Shinx gave a small nod of approval, got up, and proceeded to scratch the dorm's door. "I don't even get to rest a little?" Tesla simply looked at him, then continued scratching at the door. "Fine. Let's go." said Kishk, getting up from the beanbag chair, closing his backpack and slinging it across his back.

Placing his PokéNav on its proper holster which was attached below his Pokéball Belt (which was buckled tightly around his hip), Kishk picked Tesla up, cradling the Shinx in his arms. "C'mon, hopefully we can get some training done before we get sent out on another mission."

Leaving the dorm and locking the door from the outside, Kishk pulled hard on the door handle to make sure it was locked properly. As soon as he had done so, his PokéNav began vibrating and blasting loud metal music. Pulling the device off its holster and flipping it open, Kishk read the message he had just received:

'Kishk, make your way to Briefing Room 9 immediately. You're getting sent out on another mission.'

Great, I barely had time to train with Tesla after I caught him and I'm already getting sent out on another mission. Ugh, I can't wait until I get a proper break off this.

"Sorry Tesla, but we won't be getting any training done today. We just got assigned a new mission by one of those lazy high-ranking guys." he said, sprinting towards the Briefing Room and placing the PokéNav back on its holster.

--------------------

Sprites (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

BlackStarLine
post Jul 17 2010, 12:53 PM
Post #10

Elite Four
Group Icon

Uprising Team

Daniel was sat in a chair waiting for the CO to come and give him his mission... He didn't have to wait long as a door at the back opened and in came his CO.

Just as Daniel was about to ask something, his commanding officer held up his hand and said "Before you say anything we have to wait for someone else to arrive."

Daniel closed his mouth and remained seated wondering who else would be coming, he got his answer sooner than he thought as the back door burst open and Kishk stood there panting hard. Daniel just shook his head and smiled as Kishk stood in the door way trying to catch his breath before eventually entering the room and sitting next to him.

"Now, there would be a third man with you but your usual teammate as disappeared." he said. "Now, to business. After your mildly successful capture of the Aqua facility, we received intel that the place was basically a decoy and expendable on their part. What they are really doing is unknown but the mine has recently seen a spike in activity and that's what you two are going to investigate. Find out what Aqua are doing and stop it."

"Right. C'mon Kishk, let's see if we can find Paul on the way to the mine." Daniel said to Kishk as he stood up.

Kishk nodded and followed Daniel out to the garage, where a heavily modified car sat waiting.

"Looks like the garage boys have done what I asked them to do..." Daniel said with a smile.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Fei Fei
post Jul 19 2010, 06:35 PM
Post #11

Is totally a chick.
Group Icon

The meeting with his superior had gone about as well as Oscar had expected.

That is to say, there was a distinct lack of yelling involved. It was more like a mutual silent battle of wills that ended when Oscar had finally stepped away from the door (after standing there for a good five minutes, staunchly refusing to sit until his superior had given in and invited him to take a seat, after which he had proceeded gladly to the pro-offered chair with a grin as if nothing had happened), after which his boss had quickly (and rather poorly) informed Oscar of the bare minimum facts about his mission.

"So, who am I going to be working with?"

"You'll like her," was the simple answer, as his superior barely looked up from his work. He had already dismissed Oscar a few minutes ago, and yet the blond-haired, suited man had not yet risen from his seat.

"Well, that's a given. You said 'her'- that's all the qualification I need to get along with someone." Oscar smirked, his legs elegantly folded as his hands rested on top of them. He paused, watching his supervisor with unblinking eyes as the man valiantly tried to ignore him by pretending to look at some papers, though Oscar could see the sweat beginning to form on the back of his neck. He smirked. Good. His unnerving stare of awkwardness was taking effect.

Finally, the man thumped his hand on the desk and looked up with a growl. "I've given you the information, Recruit. If you don't get out of my office immediately, I will have you forcibly removed."

"Oh. Sounds like fun," Oscar replied cheekily, and hastily stood up with a mental laugh, sending the chair scraping a few inches back, as the man broke his pencil in his fist in aggravation. "Alas, as entertaining as playing with Guards Dumb and Dumber sounds, I really should be getting on my way to the mission sight. Really, Boss, keeping me here when I have such vital work to attend to- it's almost irresponsible."

Oscar was too busy being impressed with himself for that comeback to noticed that the door behind him had opened and a hulking guard had reached through the violently jerk him out of the office, a smug grin finally on the supervisor's face.

With the office door closed, Oscar looked up at the intimidating guard with a half-worried look (mostly because the man was easily a foot taller than him, much bulkier, and was still hanging onto his collar).

"'Guard Dumb', eh?" The hulking man asked, clearly not impressed with Oscar's charade inside the room.

Oscar hastily brought up his hands to wave the man off, shaking his head. "Oh, no, no. Of course not. I wasn't talking about you. I mean, clearly you are, in fact, Guard Dumber."

Oscar found himself thrown out of the headquarters building after that, sporting a black eye for his troubles.

"That was clearly unnecessary!" He yelled back into the building as the door swung closed, and he straightened out his suit jacket after dusting off his pants. With an expression that could only be called a pout (whether it could still be called a 'pout', even on a 26 year old man's face was up for debate), Oscar turned on his heel to head off to the meeting sight, where he was apparently to meet his partner for the mission. As he walked, he gently poked at his quickly bruising eye, his pout deepening as the skin throbbed with pain.

He was so completely going to file for employee assault charges.

And that was how he now found himself standing in front of a building that he wasn't familiar with, waiting for a girl who he didn't know the name or appearance of. Hopefully she'd have better luck finding him than he'd have finding her.

At least he was in a much better mood now, despite the now distinct darkened and tender skin around his left eye. Hey- if anyone could pull of the just-punched-in-the-face look, it was him, he thought proudly. Clearly, though, Diamond didn't agree, as she sat at his feet, her tail flicking lazily behind her.

--------------------
PANE (click to show)

PANE:

+Quote Post

nuttyjigs
post Jul 23 2010, 04:34 AM
Post #12

Someone insane
Group Icon

Inferno

The red dot on the map continued to blink tirelessly. Why they decided to use red dots for digital map markers, Jan had no idea. Red dots blinking over and over can be quite annoying, especially when there wasn't much signal to connect to the database and none of the walls Jan had kept encountering were appearing on it. Ember trodded at her heels, ticked off by all the walking required.

But finally, after a lot of pointless wandering, Jan came across the building that the Elite had indicated on her Pokegear map. It wasn't very special. A lame, ordinary building with a few people wandering outside. Problem was, she wasn't told exactly who she was looking for here. Ember looked around at the people passing by, seeming to be thinking the same as Jan.

...But then again, it wasn't so much of a problem after all. There was only one person in the entire vicinity who was waiting for someone--a tall blond man with a Glameow sitting at his feet. Ember rolled her beady eyes at the arrogant way the cat carried itself, but she probably forgot to look at herself first, especially at that moment.

"Come on, Ember. Let's get this over with." Jan briskwalked forward towards the man, Ember eventually catching up, although with several squeaky whines.

--------------------
+Quote Post

ShinyTyphlosion
post Jul 27 2010, 07:52 PM
Post #13

Look! A delish sparkle!
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 646

Supa Uprising Team :D

Paul walked into Groudon's Thumb to see what looked like a high ranking Magma officer talking to the clerk at the front desk. The officer looked over at him when he walked in and asked the clerk something. After she responded, the officer walked over to Paul.

"So, why are you here?" He asked Paul.

"I was hoping I would join Magma." he replied trying to keep a straight face. It was much to soon for him to be caught already.

"Excellent!" the Magma officer said quite loud. "We need a new recruit for a certain job. I'll tell you what, you do this job and you'll join Magma with a higher pay than most other members. It is a difficult mission after all."

"Well, what is it?"

"Sorry to say it, but I can't tell you what it is until you accept."

Paul thought about it for a minute. It's clearly dangerous if their doing this to get people to do it. If I accept, I might not get the chance to take down Magma. On the other hand, if I do succeed, I will gain a lot of credit here and advance through the ranks that much quicker. Paul weighed his choices for a bit before answering. "Alright, I accept."

"OK." the officer said as he took a folded piece of paper and pen out from his pocket. "Just sign here." He gave Paul a pen and pointed to a line at the bottom of the paper.

Paul took the paper and put it up against a wall for a flat surface to write on. He messily wrote his name over the line and handed the paper and pen back to the officer. "So, what am I supposed to do?"

The officer took another piece of paper from his pocket, this one much smaller than the last. "Just follow the instructions on here, and don't make contact with any Magma members until instructed or forced to."

Paul took the paper and left Groudon's Thumb. "That was slightly weird. I just hope this is a real mission. Considering the fact that he tried to keep it so secret, it almost seems like he's not part of Magma." Paul said to Cyndaquil. "Now, let's see what I'm supposed to do." Paul looked at the small piece of paper. The writing was quite small, so Paul had to push his glasses up his nose to read it.

It read, "Join Aqua. When valuable information is achieved, go to the Hall of Mirrors in Uncle Maxie's Fun Fair and ask for Brad."

So, I'm a double agent posing as a double agent and possibly working for a double agent. How ironic. Paul chuckled as he thought to himself.

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
Shiniez! (click to show)

+Quote Post

Fei Fei
post Aug 3 2010, 08:26 PM
Post #14

Is totally a chick.
Group Icon

Diamond seemed to notice something before even Oscar did, and when he saw that his Meowth was looking up and over into the crowd, the blond-haired man turned his head to look in that same direction. A pleased smile took to his face when he saw a young girl walking towards him with purpose, a Torchic trotting at her heels.

"Hm. Maybe a little young, even for me," he mused as he uncrossed his arms, and Diamond's head-coin flashed as she glared up at her master, slapping at his lower leg with her paw, claws extended. He winced, looking down at her as he dragged his leg back with a wince. "Was that in bad taste?" The meowth nodded definitively. "Alright," he said with a chuckle. "I'll stop. I was joking, anyway." Diamond rolled her eyes, as if to say 'sure you were'.

Oscar took up a more professional stance as the blond girl approached- not that his previous stance was careless (he was never careless with his appearance), but it was slightly more casual. He wasn't worried about appearing as a good member of the Team as much as he wanted to impress the girl. It was reflexive, really- she really was too young for him. He straightened out his custom-made, top-of-the-line, finely tailored pinstripe maroon jacket, despite how there wasn't a single thread out of place, and plastered on his most winning smile at the girl finally came up to him. Diamond cast a far less impressed look upon the Torchic, sticking her nose up without even bothering to put on a show of respect.

"Greetings," he said jovially yet casually as he made it obvious that he was speaking to her. "Forgive me if I don't greet you properly- I haven't been informed of your name. In fact, I haven't been informed of much, but that is neither here nor there. Details must be pushed to the wayside until introductions are made. I am Oscar Forrester Stark, and it is my divine pleasure to make your acquaintance." He smiled toothily at that, and made a grand show of a shallow bow, and even Diamond found herself grinning- albeit mockingly- at the Torchic in greeting, waving her tail elegantly.

--------------------
PANE (click to show)

PANE:

+Quote Post

Kishk
post Aug 5 2010, 12:39 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Uprising RP Team

Kishk held his breath as the heavily modified vehicle sped through the streets of Noverus with Reeves at the wheel, his eyes burning with an intense passion. The look in his eyes only made Kishk even more afraid for his life, causing him to double-check if his seat belt was properly buckled. Now that he was inside the vehicle, "heavily modified" seemed like an understatement. The car had received a reinforced hull, a roll cage (which made Kishk extremely uneasy), what seemed to be a Nitrous Oxide tank (by now, Kishk had his hand on the door's handle) and many other upgrades that hadn't been revealed yet, but were certainly there, judging by the button-filled panel in front of the gearshift.

"Having fun over there, Kishk?" asked Reeves, laughing as he powerslided through a street corner. "'Cause I sure as hell am!"

"Reckless endangerment of public safety is considered fun to you?" replied Kishk, gripping his seat tightly.

"You're not scared, are you?"

"Me? Of course not!" said Kishk, whose nails were now digging into the seat.

A sort of stifled coughing came from the back seats after Kishk's reply. Turning to the source of the noise, Kishk saw Tesla doing what seemed to be... laughing at him? It was the most peculiar sound he'd ever heard, but the longer he listened, the more it seemed like laughter. Frowning at the Shinx, Kishk gave it a flick on the nose, which was countered with a Bite to his index finger. As he reached for Tesla's Pokéball, the Shinx jumped on his head, pawing at his hair until he let go of the Pokéball.

"Fine! Just stop messing up my hair!" he said, placing the Pokéball back on his belt.

Half an hour later, Reeves powerslided into a parking space, letting out a whoop of delight. He turned to Kishk, who was as white as a sheet and who hadn't noticed that Tesla had once again jumped atop his head.

"Since it's clearly noticeable that you loved the ride so much, I'm willing to use a little boost on the way back, eh?" taunted Reeves, patting the Nitrous Oxide tank.

Kishk gave him a sarcastic, yet nervous, laugh as he pulled Tesla off his head by the tail.

"Let's just get going already before I have a heart attack."

--------------------

Sprites (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

BlackStarLine
post Aug 5 2010, 01:11 PM
Post #16

Elite Four
Group Icon

Uprising Team

Daniel couldn't help but laugh at the look of sheer terror on Kishk's face.

"Oh lighten up, It's not everyday you get to ride around in a highly modified car is it?" he asked with a smile.

"Admittedly, no, but how you learned to drive like that is beyond me... Have you ever done motor racing in your life?" Kishk asked.

Daniel thought for a moment or two about this question before saying, "Hmm... Well, unless you count that short stint of go-karting when I was a lot younger, no."

Kishk just looked at him with a look of absolute incredulity which made Daniel smile all the more.

"Right, enough chat, lets get moving. We need to see what Aqua are up to and fast. So I suggest we start by going up that hill." Daniel said pointing towards a small hill in front of them. Kishk merely shrugged and went along with it, desperately trying to pull Tesla off his head, who as it happened, was still annoying Kishk and refused to release his head.

"Kishk, it might be a lot easier if you returned Tesla to his pokeball cos there's no way you're gonna pull him off without ripping out your own hair." Daniel remarked with a smile.

Kishk just scowled at Daniel before eventually managing to pull Tesla off his head minus a few tufts of hair.

--------------------

+Quote Post

nuttyjigs
post Aug 6 2010, 04:34 AM
Post #17

Someone insane
Group Icon

Inferno

Well, he seemed like quite a gentleman, that man who was apparently her teammate for the day. Oscar, was it? Jan found his introduction quite amusing. Unfortunately, Ember did not, at least not with the arrogant little Meowth that seemed to think she was so much better than her. Quite a show-off, that feline, sticking her nose up like she was the queen of the world, and even taking that irritating sarcastic greeting. Ember imitated the gesture, not wanting to lose to a pussy cat. Like Jan, Ember hated losing.

Jan, however, was busy with the introductions. "Ah, it isn't much of a hassle. I understand completely the lack of information given, as I was in the same situation. The name I was given is Janette Fey, however, you can shorten that to Jan." She took a bow back, evening the situation. "A pleasure to meet you, Oscar Forrester Stark."

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kishk
post Aug 16 2010, 03:13 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Uprising RP Team

They were almost over the hill when Kishk suddenly stopped and turned to Reeves, noticing something odd.

"What is it, Kishk?" asked Reeves, looking puzzled.

"Why is it," said Kishk, "That there's an enormous parking lot this far from the city, practically in the middle of nowhere?"

Reeves slapped himself in the forehead. "Why does it even matter?!?!"

Kishk opened his mouth to say something back, but decided against. Shrugging, he continued walking.

Once they were past the hill, they could clearly see the mine their superior was talking about. The entrance was hidden from one side by a cluster of trees, but all other sides were wide open and visible. The only reason why they weren't able to see into the mine from this far was because of the immense rocky overhang above it.

As they drew closer to the mine, however, they spotted a gray figure flying in circles in the sky. Taking out a pair of binoculars from his backpack, Kishk took a better look at the figure. It was an Aerodactyl, apparently keeping a lookout for intruders of some kind. From that height, he would've probably already spotted them, but for some reason, he kept on flying in circles.

"Let's hide in that tall grass over there." Kishk said. "He might've not spotted us yet."

As they ran across the field over the hill, Reeves noticed someone standing at the entrance of the mine, and pointed it out to Kishk. It looked like a young woman, attempting to hide in the shadows of the entrance, but not doing a very good job at it. Kishk motioned for Reeves to follow him, and they hid in the tall grass of the field.

"There's no way we can get in the cave unnoticed," said Reeves, panting heavily. "One of us is gonna have to stay back and fight that lady."

Right away, Kishk volunteered himself. "I'll do it. I want to test out Tesla's strength in a real battle."

Reeves nodded. "Fine, but be careful."

As they got up and walked towards the mine, Kishk took off his coat and slung it over his shoulder in an attempt to look cool and intimidating. Somehow, he thought this wasn't going to work out quite the way he planned.

--------------------

Sprites (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Aug 16 2010, 08:22 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

Deep in the recesses of the surprisingly well-lit cave, Vincent was descending as speedily as he could. Lanette was up top, all alone with Aerodactyl, so he had to be quick. The radios the man upstairs had provided did not work underground, as Vincent had found out within the first fifteen minutes of descent. Twenty minutes in, and the reception was no better. It felt like the further down he went, the closer Vincent was coming to death; or perhaps treasure. The pit in his stomach telling him to go back couldn't decide.

Every so often, the young Aqua dropped a glow-stick. They were good for about two hours of blue/green light--more than most factory-made ones--and would help him find his way back to the top without delay. He only had ten, though, so he dropped one any time he cam to an intersection, making sure to leave it where he came from in case he came back from a dead end. Vincent was no spelunker, but he knew pokemon well, and the cave was full of them, from Golbat to Dugtrio, to the occasional Mawile and a Ditto here and there. He knew they needed water, too, so if he came to an intersection and there were pokemon leaving a tunnel, he went there first, deciding they had just left this underground stash of valuable artifacts, or whatever. Because, knowing Aqua, they would be....

"-right next to an underground lake," Vincent said aloud as he walked into a huge stone chamber. The walls were elegantly wrung with electrical lights still left on, as though they had expected his arrival. In the center of the vast hall was a lake, the water of which was teeming with fish and various stone fixtures jutting out in all directions. A small island in the middle of the small lake had one lone tablet on it, and Vincent only realized this because all the lights in the cavern were pointing at it.

"Must be important or something."

As he drew nearer and nearer, the pokemon around him became more and more agitated. With only steps to go from the water, a Crobat came out of nowhere and barred Vincent's path. He extended a friendly hand to it, only to be met with a warning glare from the angry cave-dweller.

"Hello," Vincent persisted. "Crobat, I must see what's over there."

It didn't move. Vincent hated to be mean to pokemon, but he had to know just what it was they were protecting. So he drew a flashlight and shined it right at the bat, and it responded by rapidly withdrawing from Vincent's presence.

"I'm sorry!...." But no response came, as though Vincent had expected one. He waded into the water, freezing and waist-deep at the bottom, and made his way to the island. Upon closer review, the tablet had what appeared to be instructions in another language. It was cracked in many places, some chunks missing entirely, but all the text was intact. Perhaps this was what the boss wanted? It was, after all, the only thing in the cavern worth taking.

"Lanette, please be safe. I'll be back up soon...." Why was he talking to himself? And why was he worrying? She'd be fine. Aerodactyl was with her. She's probably up there worrying about her hair, or something, he thought to himself.

------------

Lanette leaned against the rocks, distressed. Her hair was a mess. She had only been allotted an hour to get ready this morning, not nearly enough time, and the sun was beating down on her pretty hard out in the middle of an abandoned quarry. Aerodactyl wasn't helping, either. The thing was a reptile--cold blooded--so naturally it was just lying there, absorbing sunlight. It wouldn't move for, talk to, or even acknowledge Lanette. If anyone bothered following them here, they'd probably be able to walk on by without so much as a glance from the fossil.

"Aerodactyl?" she pleaded. "Please move. You're making me hot just looking at you."

It didn't move.

"You make me so sick, you lazy reptile, I hope you know that."

Nothing. Hopeless. If she was attacked, she was probably better off using her own pokemon than trying to get Aerodactyl to listen to her. But Mothim and Beautifly would burn to a crisp in this blistering sunlight, so that wouldn't do at all. Lanette walked a few steps into the cave, hoping Vincent would return before troubled followed them here.

This post has been edited by Vincent Lance: Sep 25 2010, 09:39 PM

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

BlackStarLine
post Aug 17 2010, 07:39 AM
Post #20

Elite Four
Group Icon

Uprising Team

As Kishk walked towards Lanette, Daniel made a wide arc towards the mouth of the cave, as Daniel got closer he could see Lanette was standing just to the side. Daniel hoped Kishk would distract her and the Aerodactyl long enough for him to sneak past.

Soon enough, Kishk had reached her and said something he couldn't hear, although it seemed to have the desired effect, drawing Lanette away from the cave mouth. Daniel saw his chance and sprinted towards the cave mouth and skidding to a stop a few metres inside the cave. Unsurprisingly, it was well lit and as you would expect there were many bat pokemon flitting about.

He slowly made his way down into the cave and noticed a few glow-sticks on the floor right at an intersection. Daniel assumed they were dropped by Vincent and decided to follow them. As he carried on walking he saw more glow-sticks at each intersection he came to and followed them. Soon enough Daniel had got bored and had started throwing rocks down the tunnel, it stifled the boredom ever so slightly.

Unfortunately whilst throwing the rocks he took a wrong turning and threw a rock further than expected, which when it hit something did not make the usual rocky skitter but rather a soft thump. His curiosity got the better of him and he walked further down the tunnel to see an angry Buizel standing in his path with the rock he had thrown sitting at it's feet.

"Oh, bugger..." Daniel muttered. Daniel didn't have much time to react when a Sonicboom came hurtling towards him. "Crap! That was close..." he said as he ducked down. Thinking quickly, Daniel pulled out Lily's pokeball and threw it in the air. Lily appeared in a flash of white and immediately shot forward with a quick attack.

Daniel got up and dusted himself off before turning his attention to the battle. "Lily, after the quick attack use absorb! Follow it up with Fury Cutter!" he shouted.

Lily impacted the Buizel with a lightning fast quick attack and then drained it's energy with an absorb. As Lily moved in for a Fury Cutter, Buizel used Aqua Jet to knock her back. "Come on Lily, you can do this. Quick attack then Fury Cutter!" Daniel shouted. Lily shot forward avoiding each attack Buizel sent at her and knocked Buizel backwards upon impact. Daniel could see Buizel was getting tired, one more hit would do it. "Ok, Lily, one more hit and then it's done!" Daniel called. Lily moved in with her blades glowing green and hit Buizel with a Fury Cutter, knocking it to the floor. Daniel quickly pulled an empty pokeball from his belt and threw it at Buizel. Upon impact, Buizel was sucked inside and the pokeball hit the floor, rolling once, twice, three times and ending with a click. Buizel was caught!

"Yes!!! I got Buizel! Thank you for everything Lily. You deserve a rest now." Daniel said as he returned Lily to her pokeball. Daniel decided to go backwards to see where he had gone wrong and eventually found his way to an underground lake. It was pretty astonishing in itself but soon enough Daniel noticed someone at the very middle of the lake. As Daniel got closed he could make out the persons hair colour... Light Blue.. That could only mean one person, "Vincent Lance." Daniel said.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:39 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.