Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
142 Pages V  « < 134 135 136 137 138 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
GPX+ Community Thread, Be sure to read the rules before posting!
Luneon
post Dec 21 2019, 10:22 AM
Post #2701

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

QUOTE(AregularFrankiefan @ Dec 21 2019, 07:28 AM) *
Oh, really? That's cool for the portion of the audience that will be able to access them, I guess. And it's nice that you have friends, especially ones willing to watch things for you and give you a heads-up.

I've heard Cyber Sleuth was decent, though I'll never own a Switch so it's solely watching Let's Plays for me [I started watching one a while back, but tired of the guy's narration]. But, you can get Armadillomon, Gomamon and Tentomon's entire lines in it so that's good enough in my book. teehee.gif Oh, and Wormmon and Hawkmon.

On a fairly unrelated note I just realized that my father owes me at least $700-$800 from this year alone [and I stopped counting after about 800]. Rest in pieces to 9 years worth of savings. We haven't been able to hold onto money this year what with bills and having to move to an entirely different state thanks to 1 particularly shitty family member of mine, so I doubt he'll ever be able to pay me back. Oh well, it's happened many a time before and I'm used to it. Still, too bad I can't get that Kabuterimon plush I've been looking for for years, the guy said he isn't holding onto it forever.

With all these titles being licensed I wouldn't be surprised if they do as well.

Hm I suppose Digimon fans must be somewhat rare these days
The chances of said friends checking out the new movie are fairly high (due to them being fans, too) so that's why
Other titles I tend to rely on reviews for, paying attention to very specific keywords only

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

AkaruTheYoshi
post Dec 30 2019, 08:52 PM
Post #2702

Video Game Nerd Extraordinare
Group Icon

Member No.: 111 128

Favorites

Christmas ended up being pretty awesome! Got some stuff I definitely wasn't expecting. Now I have New Years and my birthday to look forward to, though I do work on both New Year's Eve and Day, so I can't go too crazy.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Luneon
post Dec 31 2019, 07:22 PM
Post #2703

Group Icon

The Chosen Ones

Happy 2020~
With Christmas and New years eve now behind me, it's looking forward to this year has to offer

--------------------

+Quote Post

Rookie Roo
post Jan 3 2020, 06:33 PM
Post #2704

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 196 476

Active Squad

So... It's been a long time since I've been here in Gpx+ and GTS. Like almost 2 or 3 years. College got really, really heavy with everything, basically so I had to say goodbye to a few things that I loved.

Now that I finished it, though? GOD does it feel nice to be back.

It's sad to realize, though, that the site isn't as active as it was before. DAMN I always loved this site. Still do, to be honest.

Also, I didn't usually got around to post stuff in the forums. I've always been a little shy around forums though so...

Anyway, happy new year, everyone! I hope everyone had a nice day and got to share some nice meal with family and friends.

As for me, I borrowed Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu from a friend and BOY AM I HAVING TONS OF FUN.
Like, for real though, I'm gonna be obsessed with this game for a while.
It's also my first Pokemon game ever, since I've never owned a handheld console before but I have the switch so, yay for me (I was so hyped for Sword and Shield, but then I heard about the news of not having the National Dex, so I just decided to skip the game altogether. It just doesn't feel right for me, y'know?)

So anyway, I am playing Let's Go and I've already decided to have a Shiny Living Dex in there... Because why not? I'm a collector more than a fighter so it really pulls my interests. I already have most of the Pokes, I still yet to have the Eevee exclusives and the trading evolution ones. And since I don't play PoGo since my phone totally hates it... It's gonna be a long journey. Though, I'm hyped for it.
I am about to tackle the Elite 4 so I'm just grinding some levels.
The Shiny Living Dex is going a little slow (without the Shiny Charm I wouldn't expect a lot of shinies anyway). However, I already have 5 shinies, 3 of them being random: Sh. Zubat while going through the Seafom Caves, Sh. Tentacool while surfing in the nearby area and a Sh. Magmar while grinding some levels in Pokemon Mansion. Got a Sh. Articuno after 168 soft resets (a little less than 3 hours) and a Sh. Zapdos after 264 soft resets (4 hours sharp), so I'm really happy because of it.

I'm also a really crazy person and so I decided that I'm also gonna hunt twice those shinies that have gender differences.
And to top it off? I also decided to make my Pokemon as strong as I can, so that means resetting their IVS with the Bottle Caps and to feed them 200 candy. BOI DO I WANNA KNOW HOW MUCH AM I GONNA BE ABLE TO HOLD ON.
Though I'm gonna exclude Legendaries tho'. And maaaaybe the Fossils too since getting candy for them (I imagine) would be a nightmare in itself. I'll think about it tho'. What I know? Is that I just finished to hunt for those 200 Magmar candy. 101 catch combo of them, lol.

So, am I crazy or what? I probably am, aren't I? i also don't know why I wanna go through all of that when I am not a competitive player at all...

But here I am. lol.

I'm rambling now, aren't I? Woops sorry for that. I truly hope everyone's doing pretty fine!

--------------------
Look at friend please cat.gif

If you need Social Network, or if you have it, you might be interested in reading this.

Shinies of 2020: 112 (click to show)

Shinies of 2021: 130 (click to show)

Shinies of 2022 (click to show)

Special Achievements (click to show)

+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Jan 6 2020, 06:22 PM
Post #2705

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Member No.: 221 574

Active Squad

QUOTE(Luneon @ Dec 21 2019, 07:22 AM) *
QUOTE(AregularFrankiefan @ Dec 21 2019, 07:28 AM) *
Oh, really? That's cool for the portion of the audience that will be able to access them, I guess. And it's nice that you have friends, especially ones willing to watch things for you and give you a heads-up.

I've heard Cyber Sleuth was decent, though I'll never own a Switch so it's solely watching Let's Plays for me [I started watching one a while back, but tired of the guy's narration]. But, you can get Armadillomon, Gomamon and Tentomon's entire lines in it so that's good enough in my book. teehee.gif Oh, and Wormmon and Hawkmon.

On a fairly unrelated note I just realized that my father owes me at least $700-$800 from this year alone [and I stopped counting after about 800]. Rest in pieces to 9 years worth of savings. We haven't been able to hold onto money this year what with bills and having to move to an entirely different state thanks to 1 particularly shitty family member of mine, so I doubt he'll ever be able to pay me back. Oh well, it's happened many a time before and I'm used to it. Still, too bad I can't get that Kabuterimon plush I've been looking for for years, the guy said he isn't holding onto it forever.

With all these titles being licensed I wouldn't be surprised if they do as well.

Hm I suppose Digimon fans must be somewhat rare these days
The chances of said friends checking out the new movie are fairly high (due to them being fans, too) so that's why
Other titles I tend to rely on reviews for, paying attention to very specific keywords only

Yeah, outside of Japan the series isn't popular due to a variety of factors. Sad, but oh well. I doubt they're ever going to make a major turnaround. And, checking the reviews for anything is always a good plan.

@Rookie Roo: Good luck with that shiny living dex!

As usual, I got nothing for the holidays. I hope 2020 is good to everyone.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Luneon
post Jan 6 2020, 08:13 PM
Post #2706

Group Icon

The Chosen Ones

@Rookie Roo
You're gonna have A LOT of new Pokémon to hatch :P Everything from gen 1 to 7 been released and 8 is being rolled out
Then there's ALL the novelties that came out between then and now
I hope you'll have a good time getting to know them all

@AregularFrankiefan
Yeah it's absolutely a shame those two had their anime come out at the same time in such a competitive environment
All the fans can do is show interest in that stuff through social media, and reply to whatever feedback surveys are sent out
I'm already very happy we got a Digimon release on switch (a two-in-one package) with a strategy type game to follow sometime this year. Plus there's the mobile releases, sure not the best that's available but if it helps convince them to release more stuff then I'm all for that. Though I don't think we'll ever get a modern animated work as good as the first three installments.

--------------------

+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Jan 10 2020, 07:20 PM
Post #2707

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Luneon @ Jan 6 2020, 05:13 PM) *
@AregularFrankiefan
Yeah it's absolutely a shame those two had their anime come out at the same time in such a competitive environment
All the fans can do is show interest in that stuff through social media, and reply to whatever feedback surveys are sent out
I'm already very happy we got a Digimon release on switch (a two-in-one package) with a strategy type game to follow sometime this year. Plus there's the mobile releases, sure not the best that's available but if it helps convince them to release more stuff then I'm all for that. Though I don't think we'll ever get a modern animated work as good as the first three installments.

Indeed, it is. Hopefully one day a slightly-higher volume of Digimon content will make its way outside of its country of origin, but 2 recent games and some mobile releases are very much not bad. It's a start. And yeah, I also highly doubt we'll get something as good. Seems like that ship has just sailed, when it comes to Toei + Digimon animation.

On an unrelated note, what is everyone voting for in the SWSH? I picked Ledyba, Scorbunny, and Torkoal. Might swap out Scorbunny with something else before the deadline.

--------------------

+Quote Post

JohnnyPikachu
post Jan 10 2020, 07:41 PM
Post #2708

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 258 619

Active Squad

Stumbled across this site earlier. Looks like a fun place, but I do see a few issues...

1. IPB 2.3.1. Seriously? IPB 3.x was released in June 2009 and 4.x in May 2012. There is absolutely no reason to continue using such an outdated version of the forum software. If you don't want to pay to use the latest version of IPB (which is great software), then there are plenty of good free options available.

2. You're running PHP 5.5.9. The latest version of PHP 5.5 is 5.5.38, but PHP discontinued support for 5.5 in July of 2016 and the entire 5.x line at the end of 2018. You should be on 7.2 or 7.3 by now.
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Jan 10 2020, 09:44 PM
Post #2709

Group Icon

The Chosen Ones

Phione, Sobble and Morelull
Phione been on my wish list very long, Sobble and Morelull have very nice coloration

To continue on Digimon media, I did hear America will get screenings of the new movie so whoever lives there's pretty lucky I suppose

So what's you guys' opinion on the direct
Spoiler (click to showhide)

--------------------

+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Jan 10 2020, 11:37 PM
Post #2710

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Luneon @ Jan 10 2020, 06:44 PM) *
Phione, Sobble and Morelull
Phione been on my wish list very long, Sobble and Morelull have very nice coloration

To continue on Digimon media, I did hear America will get screenings of the new movie so whoever lives there's pretty lucky I suppose

Morelull especially, the shiny has a nice overall aesthetic. And yeah, we're getting Kizuna screenings but it's for 1 night only and you have to purchase tickets through a singular, specific retailer. I personally will more than likely not be able to go, but I haven't been to a theater in over 11 years anyway and there will probably be a DVD released so I guess it's not a big loss. The last time something like this happened, the closest showing of the thing I wanted to see was 4 hours away and my family bitched at me for wanting to go...so I didn't.

I haven't seen the Direct, but demo footage uploaded by certain YouTubers has started showing up in my feed. Looks nice. Although, I won't be getting it since I can in no way afford a Switch.

@JohnnyPikachu: While you make reasonable points, I don't believe the moderators intend to update anything forums-wise for personal reasons. You're likely just preaching to a deaf choir, my friend.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Rookie Roo
post Jan 13 2020, 02:24 AM
Post #2711

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 196 476

Active Squad

@AregularFrankiefan
I picked Grookey, Weedle and Pidgey so i guess that we will all be hunting different starters this time around
Why? Well, Rillaboom is just badass. Like seriously.
And the other two: I just want an excuse to hunt Kanto pokemon, even though they are most likely forgotten already.

@Luneon
About the direct (click to show)

@JohnnyPikachu: Yeah... I have no idea what are you saying, sorry pal. But like Frankie said, I don't think it's going to be updated or anything. Though, this works too and, for old people like me who've been on this site since a long time ago, it also feels kinda nostalgic... Though that might be only me, woops.

Overall, I guess I would love for Digimon to become the next big franchise. Like, I'm getting more angry at Pokemon that I just want someone to knock them off a little but I don't think that'll ever happen.
I still remember playing Digimon Rumble Arena and that other one with the tank that you had to drive through a maze or something like that. Digimon World 2 I think?
But man, I loved the first Digimon. And the second one. Got lost at the third and onwards, though.

Also, Luneon, I was totally talking about getting all the shinies of Pokemon Let's Go (though, tbf, I also would love to do that with GPX). I'm proud to say, though, that I have 12/180 (counting the ones with gender differences and not counting Mew, Metan and Melmetan) shinies already! Wohooo! And in those ones I already have all the legendaries and the Weedle line. Currently working on Caterpie and Bulbasaur lines, hehe.

--------------------
Look at friend please cat.gif

If you need Social Network, or if you have it, you might be interested in reading this.

Shinies of 2020: 112 (click to show)

Shinies of 2021: 130 (click to show)

Shinies of 2022 (click to show)

Special Achievements (click to show)

+Quote Post

Darky
post Jan 16 2020, 02:23 AM
Post #2712

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 680

Active Squad

Could you please, remind me. I've decided to change my site-wide shiny hunt starter. Right now I am hunting scorbunny, but I want to hutn for grookey. Will I be able instantly to choose grookey, or there will be a penalty for it? Thank you=)
+Quote Post

Level-X
post Jan 16 2020, 07:14 AM
Post #2713

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 170 583

Squad

QUOTE(Darky @ Jan 16 2020, 01:23 AM) *
Could you please, remind me. I've decided to change my site-wide shiny hunt starter. Right now I am hunting scorbunny, but I want to hutn for grookey. Will I be able instantly to choose grookey, or there will be a penalty for it? Thank you=)

Nope you will have to wait a week. It's best to just continue Scorbunny for now!

--------------------
GPX+ Shiny Tracker (v3.1.1) last updated on Oct. 16, 2023

» » » We can help you a lot quicker through the Discord compared to the Forums! « « «

+Quote Post

Darky
post Jan 17 2020, 02:45 AM
Post #2714

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

Thank you for the answer=)
+Quote Post

Cursola
post Jan 18 2020, 08:28 AM
Post #2715

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 57 844

★ Magic

accidentally dropped off the face of the planet because i got a nintendo switch for christmas cat.gif now back and here for the swsh!!

--------------------

paparazzi ⪼ cursola
+Quote Post

Lunar Eclipse
post Jan 18 2020, 06:54 PM
Post #2716

Person of interest
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 224

Active Squad

QUOTE(Luneon @ Jan 10 2020, 06:44 PM) *

^ Same!

I got Gates to Infinity for the first time over Christmas, because I remembered how thoroughly I loved the Dungeon series and thought it was odd I had missed one. Made sense once I played through it; much shorter game play over all and I was disappointed in some of the logistical changes. Learned that I should really do some research on my games first, lol. Hopefully they went back to what worked well in the previous MD games.

--------------------
Pokeball by ArcticStar. Click for Dragon Cave (plz & thx).

+Quote Post

AkaruTheYoshi
post Jan 19 2020, 11:38 PM
Post #2717

Video Game Nerd Extraordinare
Group Icon

Member No.: 111 128

Favorites

I'm pretty psyched for Mystery Dungeon DX. I'm debating whether I want to go with the same team I had in my original Blue Rescue Team save file, or to go with a new team. Other than that, I'm pretty excited for next month, I'm heading to Hawaii for a week. It's gonna be soooooooooo great to get away from the constant below 0 temperatures we've been having.

--------------------

+Quote Post

PokeNOM NOM NOM
post Jan 22 2020, 11:29 AM
Post #2718

Spriter / Writer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 99 214

Active Squad

Did you know the Chinese 'Year of the Rat' starts on the 25th of January...? *hinthint* wink.gif

--------------------

Check out my GPX+ profile
to find out what I've contributed so far!

'Counterbalanced'
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Jan 22 2020, 12:05 PM
Post #2719

Group Icon

The Chosen Ones

Very much so
While likely a distribution (possibly morpeko) or hatching event (for red or mouse-like pokemon), it sounds rather ominous
The rat defs ain't the friendliest animal in the zodiac (going by the origin story that is)
Does make me wonder if activity score for that day itself will be counted or for the day before... hmmmm

--------------------

+Quote Post

Darky
post Jan 23 2020, 07:13 AM
Post #2720

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

The only thing I can think of is rattata. Mass rattata attacK?=D
Oh, thank you for the voucher=)

This post has been edited by Darky: Jan 25 2020, 02:14 AM
+Quote Post

142 Pages V  « < 134 135 136 137 138 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:20 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.