Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
Hidden Agendas
Living Arrow
post Jul 27 2009, 03:31 PM
Post #1

Team Rogue: Pidgeotto
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 814

PANE: Darryn Kellor

OOC (click to show)

“Doctor Stalvin, an update, please.” Officer Crichton marched into the I.C. unit, his impressive bulk nearly filling the small room in which his subordinate rested. Her young body rose and fell evenly, her strong heart still pounding with her passion for life. He smiled fondly down at her, his thick moustache bristling over a wrinkled face that shone with pride. She had come so far in such little time.

“The last dose of Correction Fluid was administered four hours ago and the cycle is complete. I have run sixteen diagnostic tests to see if the antibodies have recovered and our bank of Alakazam have completed their scans. Everything is in order and she is perfectly healthy.” The Doctor, confident in his prognosis, still busied himself with the machines that the girl’s body was connected to. Wires invaded her nostrils, mouth, arms while more were stuck to her chest, stomach and hands. The scars on her pale skin softly stretched with her every breath, their mark a permanent to the nightmares of her past. Crichton frowned.

“Oh, my Ivy… It’ll be alright now…” He whispered, running enormous fingertips over her delicate brow and into her hair. That mat of frizzy golden wire had been tamed during her stay in the infirmary, a nurse paid extra to condition and brush it every day to give it some semblance of humanity. A little over two weeks and it was as soft as spun silk and twice as shiny. Two weeks since he had taken her from that rooftop and began the treatment to set her right. To make her… better…

“I recommend her treatments continue on a biweekly basis and she follow the course of medication that I prescribed last week. The latest formulation has the best effect that we’ve found since she was admitted and has no visible side effects. The entire operation has been a success.”

“Thank you, Doctor.” Crichton’s eye brimmed for the smallest of moments before he quelled the feelings inside him and addressed the physician once more. “Let’s get her out of here.”

Get ready for the brand new Ivy Kylarian... (click to show)

“Wha- Where am I?” Ivy moaned as she woke groggily, her throat catching as though she had been in a desert for months. She spluttered weakly and searched her surroundings for a drink. A small plastic cup rested on a silver table next to her bed. She lifted it to her nose and sniffed. Oh, how she sniffed. The faintest traces of any odour were drawn up into her nostrils and blasted her mind with information. The scent of human sweat. Masculine perfumes. The tangy stink of hospitals. Water. She drank greedily, splashing a little over her chin. Rubbing it off with the back of her hand, she pulled back the covers.

“Ugh.” She groaned, feeling the wires and tubes sticking into her body tug like flimsy restraints. She had woken up with more plugged into her every orifice and a tube going all the way down into her stomach – this was nothing. Wincing slightly, she plucked at each invasive thread and casting it aside.

Getting dressed was a simple affair. A set of Aqua casuals were draped over a chair at the foot of her bed, in her size. She donned them quickly and walked upright to the door, her tired eyes looking around wearily.

“Oh, shoes!” She turned around and searched the room for the footwear but nothing had been left behind. She frowned. Who would forget shoes? Everyone wore shoes! “Weird…”

Moving into the glowing hallway, Ivy quickly recognised the eastern wing of the infirmary and immediately headed for the exit. Staying around meant signing forms and that seemed so… so… she couldn’t think of the word… it was just so…

“Silly how they don’t even ask what we get for dinner anymore.” An orderly chuckled to his visitor as she passed his room. Ivy didn’t spare them a glance.

~

The Maw smelled of wet rock and confusion as she entered the main cavern, heading northwards towards her sleeping quarters. No-one seemed to pay her any attention as they scurried about their duties, some rushing out to missions while others returned from a busy day’s work. Replicated azure uniforms dashed this way and that, sloshing and broiling like the Team’s namesake. Ivy did not let her gaze linger as she moved onwards – she had seen this all before. The Maw was always crowded and noisy. Nothing was new there.

“Hello?” Ivy pushed open the front door to her block of quarters but was only welcomed by silence as she padded inside, her feet growing extremely cold and wet. She made a mental note to remind the staff in the infirmary to give all patients shoes for when they were leaving. It was ludicrous!

Finding her door, Ivy thumbed the combination for the lock and let herself in quietly, immediately spotting the three Pokeballs that had no doubt been returned to their shelf as soon as she had ended up in hospital. The clean-up crew were very good at their jobs so it was to be expected, really. Without a second thought, she clicked all three open and sack into the soft, furry, warm excited flurry of Pokemon that had become her brethren of closest friends and powerful allies. Tongues licked at her face with unsuppressed joy and tails wagged with the utmost glee that Ivy came to expect from her brothers when they had been separated for any length of time.

“It’s ok, guys! I’m home!”

~

A couple of hours later, once all the pomp and ceremony of the team’s reunion had subsided, a clattered of keys and the thumping of the front door announced on of her block mate’s arrival. She looked at Alpha and cocked her head to the side.

Who is it?

The Mightyena sniffed once and bobbed his head, tilting his ears and whining softly. Ivy nodded with acknowledgement.

Victor.

Ivy grinned. She hadn’t seen her friend in so long! She jumped off her bed (narrowly missing landing on Kappa’s tails) and swung her door open to find her old teammate walking down the corridor towards her. His hair was just as perfect as ever and his uniform had not a speck of dust on it. She smiled broadly and held out her arms for a hug.

“Victor!”

--------------------
Darryn Kellor ~ ~ PANE Moderator ~ ~ Lori Pardare
PANE Characters (click to show)
LA's Plays (click to show)

Unovalocke (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Living Arrow   Hidden Agendas   Jul 27 2009, 03:31 PM
Pumpkin King   The room was dark except for a single spotlight an...   Jul 27 2009, 10:11 PM
Master Houndoom   "You're shaking the table, BlueJay....   Jul 28 2009, 01:41 PM
Living Arrow   Ivy stood primly in front of the full-length mirro...   Jul 28 2009, 04:04 PM
Pumpkin King   Victor walked down the hallway and noticed Ivy was...   Jul 29 2009, 12:47 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Nathaniel Bryce had an addiction to coffee that he...   Jul 29 2009, 11:27 PM
Master Houndoom   Jay Lange was the picture of contentment. The morn...   Jul 31 2009, 01:50 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   The uniforms sucked. For innumerable reasons. Th...   Aug 1 2009, 01:18 AM
Living Arrow   The exit from the Maw was as painless as it could ...   Aug 4 2009, 01:52 PM
Pumpkin King   Victor, though secretly enjoying the comment, reta...   Aug 4 2009, 10:17 PM
Living Arrow   "Eevee aren't overrated!" ...   Aug 7 2009, 11:22 AM
Master Houndoom   Raven was released from the darkness, darkness she...   Aug 7 2009, 01:28 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   It was so rare to be out in the open air that when...   Aug 9 2009, 02:01 PM
Living Arrow   "We're supposed to help you catch someone...   Aug 10 2009, 03:02 PM
Pumpkin King   Victor enviously eyed the three Eevee as they intr...   Aug 12 2009, 04:17 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Sagira raised a slender eyebrow at Victor in a man...   Aug 13 2009, 01:05 AM
Master Houndoom   "I'd say it was a pleasure to meet you, V...   Aug 14 2009, 04:10 PM
Pumpkin King   Victor's lower jaw was hanging as he took Sagi...   Aug 18 2009, 10:10 PM
Living Arrow   Ivy squeezed her hands into white-knuckled fists a...   Aug 19 2009, 02:45 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Sagira's eyes were narrowed into slits, her en...   Aug 20 2009, 12:06 AM
Master Houndoom   Jay could feel it almost as if Sagira were broadca...   Aug 20 2009, 04:09 PM
Pumpkin King   "Sagira, you're with me. Jay, you shall r...   Aug 22 2009, 12:19 AM
Master Houndoom   Jay had waited on Sagira (after all, he didn't...   Aug 22 2009, 01:13 PM
Living Arrow   Something boiled within Ivy that she did not enjoy...   Aug 24 2009, 12:09 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Traveling with an angry Sagira was something that ...   Aug 25 2009, 12:04 AM
Master Houndoom   She's not answering me. Jay sighed, and said ...   Aug 25 2009, 02:03 AM
Pumpkin King   Victor acted calm, cool and collected with his Pum...   Aug 25 2009, 08:44 PM
Master Houndoom   Jay stared after Victor, scowling as the boy ran t...   Aug 29 2009, 12:54 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Iris Sagira Smythe was not known for her patience....   Aug 30 2009, 09:51 AM
Living Arrow   Everything within Ivy craved to spill the blood of...   Sep 1 2009, 06:07 PM
Master Houndoom   How about Scarlet? Jay thought about it, watching...   Sep 23 2009, 02:12 AM
Pumpkin King   "Give 'em the ol' razzle dazzle. Razz...   Sep 28 2009, 12:23 PM
Master Houndoom   Oh, no he DI-INT! Jay could not fault Hinata...   Sep 28 2009, 03:37 PM
Pumpkin King   Victor chose not to fought back as he was held by ...   Sep 30 2009, 07:16 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Sagira stood straight, dusting off her hands. To h...   Sep 30 2009, 09:08 PM
Master Houndoom   As Victor hissed his threats, the only thing that ...   Oct 1 2009, 04:10 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Sagira was glad that she was in such good shape, o...   Oct 2 2009, 01:35 AM
Living Arrow   As soon as Ivy had heard the announcement on the w...   Oct 2 2009, 03:11 PM
Master Houndoom   "What surprises me is that you and Paladin di...   Oct 3 2009, 02:37 AM
Umbrae Calamitas   Sagira was having an internal fight with herself a...   Oct 3 2009, 11:17 AM
Pumpkin King   "Suzy Sunshine here from Noverus News Network...   Oct 4 2009, 05:09 PM
Master Houndoom   When Linda had dashed away, Jay took off after her...   Oct 7 2009, 04:13 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   There was danger coming. A swift, speeding danger ...   Oct 9 2009, 11:55 AM
Master Houndoom   Jay was starting to pant when Hinata finally told ...   Oct 9 2009, 02:08 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   It was surprisingly difficult to merge oneself wit...   Oct 9 2009, 10:57 PM
Master Houndoom   Hinata did not understand. She had been overjoyed ...   Oct 12 2009, 03:52 PM
Living Arrow   “Big brother…” Beta gasped to himself as Alpha bac...   Oct 12 2009, 05:53 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   "Ivy-" Sagira moved forward quickly, kn...   Oct 14 2009, 12:58 AM
Master Houndoom   Jay sat, on the same examination table upon which ...   Oct 14 2009, 11:59 PM
Pumpkin King   "I got it! I know exactly how to get out ...   Oct 17 2009, 06:35 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   "If you help me out, we can ruin their lives....   Oct 18 2009, 12:33 AM
Living Arrow   Ivy’s body rose and fell with uneven repetit...   Oct 18 2009, 05:10 PM
Master Houndoom   Maybe it was the exertion. He had run quite a ways...   Oct 19 2009, 04:26 PM
Pumpkin King   "I'm not superficial, though I may seem t...   Oct 24 2009, 08:10 PM
Living Arrow   Ivy lay motionless for as long as she dared, hopin...   Oct 27 2009, 02:11 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   "This is a waste of our time, as well as bein...   Oct 27 2009, 05:46 PM
Living Arrow   "Your arm!" Ivy gasped, noticing the...   Oct 27 2009, 06:09 PM
Master Houndoom   Sagira had made it clear, with only a look, that s...   Oct 28 2009, 02:58 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Sagira led Ivy out of the hospital without much di...   Oct 29 2009, 05:24 PM

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 09:40 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.