Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Punishing a Poacher
Asterna
post Nov 30 2011, 10:44 PM
Post #1

Random Lurker
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 121 163

Platinum Team

OOC (click to show)

Rose hopped off of the ferry with a quick word of thanks to the crew. With a sigh of relief, Rose gave a long stretch, her body having grown a bit stiff during the trip over from the Furoh mainland.

Rose had accompanied her friend Kaya Rovera to Fidona, following their adventures in Starfall Field. Rose grimaced just thinking about it. Sure, it had been exciting and an unforgettable experience (for many reasons, not all of them good), but it had also been extremely dangerous -- life-threatening at times -- and occasionally utterly terrifying. She'd never been more relieved in her life than when the choppers had arrived to evacuate them from the meteor-strewn field, especially after that enormous meteor had nearly flattened them all. While the new, almost alien-looking landscape of Starfall Field was interesting and all, Rose would much rather be somewhere green and full of life -- like Fidona!

Rose turned to examine the island from her vantage point at the port, beaming at what she saw. Rich rainforest surrounded the bustling city; she would love to take a look at the plants and Pokemon living there. Closer to their actual location, visiting trainers and citizens alike roamed the streets of Fidona's capital. Rose smiled widely, happily taking it all in. Her favorite part of traveling was seeing the sights, and Fidona was certainly a place worth visiting. It was definitely worth the trek it had taken from Starfall Field and the ferry ride to get to see the island -- and, of course, for Kaya to have to chance to face Maxy-Z in a gym battle.

With a smile, Rose released her four Pokemon to let them see the sights as well. She'd kept them all in their balls during the voyage to keep them out of the way, but now that they were in a more open area, she was free to let them run around outside their balls. "Hey, check it out! We're in Fidona!" she told them excitedly. Alaia the Cottonee fluttered up to Rose's head to get a better view, and showed her appreciation of the sight with a few happy bounces. Nina, a Panpour, looked over the city streets with wide eyes, giving a delighted cry. Ciar the Zorua showed his interest more subtly, looking around curiously and making a soft noise of approval. Wyatt, meanwhile, observed the city haughtily, fluffing his feathers self-importantly; the young Rufflet always did like showing off. Rose grinned at her Pokemon's reactions. "Nice place, huh?"

Pokemon taken care of, Rose turned to face the ship again, where she knew Kaya would be disembarking. "We're finally here! What do you think of the place?" she asked with a smile.

---

Meanwhile, a shadowy figure observed the trainers disembarking from the ferry from a distance through a pair of binoculars. "There's a young girl with a group of Unova Pokemon," he said to a woman sitting nearby. "A Zorua, too. They sell for pretty high prices."

"Hmm. Our next target, do you think? An inexperienced trainer should be an easy fight."

"Maybe. She's got a friend, too; let's see what she's got," said the man with a distinctly predatory grin. "All the more for us, after all..."

This post has been edited by Asterna: Dec 7 2011, 04:59 PM

--------------------
PANE (click to show)

Avatar courtesy of Johnny Knoxville @ Όλυμπος
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

FirePower
post Dec 3 2011, 07:57 AM
Post #2

Feel the burn!
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 077

My Dream Team

Kaya came down the ship's ramp behind her friend Rose, her crutch making a dull thumping sound as it hit the dock. Manera, her Blitzle, trotted along faithfully at its trainer's side. Luke, another one of Kaya's friends, came up not far behind with a chatot perched on his shoulder.

They had all come from Starfall field, practically on the other side of the region. While it was certainly a rather scary and traumatizing experience, it had been fun, and now Kaya had a good story to tell. Absentmindedly, she fingered the top half of a pokeball that was sticking out of her pants pocket. It belonged to Flit, a grumpy old Spearow Kaya had befriended shortly before she'd started her journey. Kaya had released Flit in the underground jungle beneath Starfall Field, with a promise to return once she'd earned all the badges. If all went well, she'd soon be one badge closer to reuniting with the Spearow.

Kaya was facinated by the sights before her. Despite all the traveling she'd done, she had never stepped foot off of the Furoh Mainland. Her parents had never been rich, and with a growing family like theirs they couldn't afford to take trips to faraway places like Fidona.

"Everyone out!" Kaya said, releasing her pokemon so they could stretch their legs. Unknown to her, she was giving a pair of nearby men a firsthand look at what they would soon be trying to steal. Manera, in its usual, cheerful way, seemed as excited about landing on the island as kaya, and seemed ready to go explore. Attila the rather-deranged and possibly evil psyduck didn't seem to notice their new location at all. Instead, it was just doing its usual insane entrance, evil laugh and all. Pede-erpat, Kaya's venipede, was checking out its surroundings with moderate interest, but seemed distracted and annoyed by Kaya's Drilbur Miner, who was also looking around from the Venipede's side. Ever since Pokecon, Miner never left Pede-erpat's side when it had a choice, much to the bug pokemon's annoyance. Beacon, an Absol Kaya had just caught at Pokecon, seemed rather depressed, though Kaya could tell it was trying to hide it. She made a mental note to keep an eye on the the three legged Absol, but for now she decided to leave it be.

"It's great!"Kaya said in response to Rose's question. "I've never been down here before, and I've gotta admit I'm impressed. So, are y'all ready?"

--------------------
I am a Christian. Jesus Christ loves me, and he loves you too. With a "never stopping, never giving up, unbreaking, always and forever love" (Jesus Storybook Bible).

Click the trainer card to get to my PANE current levels post!

My Stories (click to show)

Avitar Credits (click to show)

Previously known as Hurple and Drakonawin
+Quote Post

Headwind
post Dec 3 2011, 10:57 AM
Post #3

Former Champion | Bird Catcher
Group Icon

Member No.: 38 249

Windsingers

OOC (click to show)

“This doesn’t look like Port Barley to me, Tawny,” Xavier Cross was trying hard to contain himself. He wasn’t exactly the poster boy of cool and calm, so gritting his teeth wasn’t the only giveaway in his current state of mind.

A few steps behind him was his friend, Tawny Harshman, soaking in a combination of embarrassment and fear. They had come from the far-off region of Johto, gotten on one of those luxury ships with tickets paid for by Xavier’s own pocket. He knew she would be trouble even before he agreed to her tagging along. He knew, at the back of his head, that he shouldn’t have said yes when she persistently asked him the whole afternoon before he was set to leave. He knew that it was virtually insane to let her get the tickets. But Tawny had those eyes, round and sweet, when she insisted, short of begged, Xavier to at least handle this part of the trip. She told him she would take care of it in a voice of song and lullaby. He could have said no, he kept repeating in his head, but she also cooked him his favourite breakfast.

Tawny swallowed air, “How can you tell?”

Xavier turned to her, eyes ablaze. At the sight of them, Tawny held Smoochum over her face. Smoochum, unaware and indifferent of the tension between the two, giggled at the sight of Xavier. Smoochum squirmed in Tawny’s dainty hands, her trainer almost failing to control her being tickled.

In two giant steps, Xavier towered over Tawny. He inhaled deeply, lowered Smoochum down her waist with a gentle force, and almost smashed Tawny’s face in with his pink Pokenav. Tawny flinched. When she opened her eyes, she let out a sigh of relief. Her face didn’t feel pain. In front of her, mere inches from her eyeballs, was a map of Fidona on the screen of the Pokenav. Two dots were blinking incessantly. The word “Fidona” was spelled all caps.

Their eyes met, Smoochum still giggling against Tawny’s belly, and Xavier took back the Pokenav from her face. He crossed his arms, standing his ground against the former Pokémon Nurse apprentice. Tawny simply smiled at him, flashing her most successful weapon to wield against any and all dangers. Unfortunately for her, Xavier was impervious to it. He rolled his eyes, shook his head, and turned his back to her. He began to walk away, forward, leaving Tawny and Smoochum behind him.

But Tawny was quick to give chase, “Look, I’m sorry, okay? The guy I bought those tickets from told me they were for Port Barley! How was I to know they were fake? At least they dropped us off in Fidona and not in the middle of the ocean?”

Xavier didn’t respond to her. Instead, he took out his two custom pokeballs, pokeballs made by his own father, and released his team from their grey and pink sleeping bags. Out came a Sewaddle, with only the right side of its leaf cap bitten off, and a Joltik, with eyes darker than the usual blue. Both Bug Pokémon yawned and stretched their limbs. They had been inside those pokeballs for long enough to get bored.

“Hyde,” Xavier motioned with his finger to the Joltik who made his hair its temporary home. “Don’t fall down.”

The Sewaddle perched itself on his right shoulder, “You too, Zeke. Don’t you fall from there. I’m not in the mood to stop walking.”

Zeke tilted its head in confusion.

“Oh, come on, Xavier! I’ll make it right! Don’t be like that!” Tawny was starting to get annoyed herself.

She suddenly stopped, stomping the ground with her left foot to make a point. Holding Smoochum in place with just one arm, she took out the three Pokeballs from the side pocket of her black backpack. She tossed them all in the air and three different Pokémon emerged from the ray of red: a Petilil who chirped at the scent of fresh air, a Nidoran who proudly proclaimed its presence, and a Combee who floated over her head with a gently hello to Smoochum. She was frowning, eyebrows furrowed, with such ferocity that Xavier felt it. He had to turn around just to make sure she had not turned into a zombie or a monster or a cannibal. When she saw that Xavier looked more concerned than furious, she upped her scowl and then sat down on the crowd. Like The Flash. Almost as quick as The Flash. She sat there, in front of him, scowling, with legs crossed. Even all four of her Pokémon looked at her like she was some sort of crazy woman.

“I am not getting up until you let me make this right!”

Xavier grunted and walked towards her, “You are in no position to assert anything at this point, young lady!”

“Don’t you pull that age shit on me, Xavier!” she was fighting back with almost the same energy as the temperamental geek in the pink. “You’re only older than me by one year!”

“I’m still older than you!”

“I don’t give a muffin!”

“That doesn’t even make sense!”

“Your face doesn’t make sense!”

Xavier yelled in frustration. He messed up his hair, channelling the urge to punch something into a less violent gesture. Having unleashed all his energy at the heavens in futility, he looked back at her. Tawny was unmoving. Her face had not changed, and it didn’t look like it would change very soon.

“Ugh,” Xavier gave up. “Fine. You can make this right…”

He started to walk again, opposite where Tawny sat. Tawny ran beside him, with a smile that spelled victory, a smile mocking Xavier’s annoyed face. But as he stole a glimpse of that smile, he almost succumbed to its sunny sunshine demeanor. He couldn’t let that happen, so he looked away.

“You won’t regret this, Xavier!”

Combee flitted around the male trainer, much to the amusement of both Hyde and Zeke, who were both sitting pretty on Xavier’s head and shoulder, respectively. Nidoran walked right next to Tawny, whereas Petilil pulled a Hyde and Zeke on Tawny’s head. Smoochum was humming a jolly tune in between Tawny’s arms.

“It’s too late for regret, really…”

This post has been edited by Lacuna Shade: Dec 3 2011, 10:59 AM

--------------------
First GPX+ Mega Stone Found: Alakazite on 9:36 PM (Fri, Jan 23)

+Quote Post

Asterna
post Dec 7 2011, 04:59 PM
Post #4

Random Lurker
Group Icon

Platinum Team

"I know, right?" Rose said with a smile, bouncing a little on her heels. "This place is so cool! All the rainforest plants... it's be great if we could go check it out," she said, a bit dreamily. "I've never been to a rainforest before. There aren't any in Unova, so it'd be great to see the differences between the plants in Fidona and the plants in the deciduous forests back home firsthand, since I've seen just about every inch of Pinwheel Forest back home, and... oh, whoops, I'm babbling again," Rose said with a sheepish giggle, rubbing the back of her neck.

"Uh, sorry. I mean, it'd be nice if we could go after your gym battle," Rose explained. "Which I'm totally ready for, by the way! Actually, I should be asking if you're ready, huh?" she said as they began walking further down the pier, Pokemon in tow. "Since you're the one battling, after all. Your Pokemon must have gotten plenty of experience from Starfall Field, though, and you're a great trainer besides. I bet you'll kick his butt!" she exclaimed, grinning.

"I'm not getting up until you let me make this right!"

Rose startled a little at the sudden shout from nearby. Blinking, she halted in her tracks -- Nina, who'd still been walking, almost bumped into her -- to turn and look at the source of the noise. A young man and woman, both several years older than her and Kaya, seemed to be arguing. Something about tickets? Well, judging by how calm their Pokemon were, this scene seemed to be nothing unusual. Even so, Rose was rather curious, and she'd never been shy about talking to strangers (well, as long as they didn't seem dangerous). With a quick explanation to Kaya, Rose walked over to the older trainers, who seemed to have stopped arguing, though the man still looked rather disgruntled.

"Hey, is anything wrong?" she asked, smiling politely. "Sorry for being nosy, but I was just wondering if I could help with anything..." Rose trailed off, a bit embarrassed, though she tried not to show it in her expression. On second thought, maybe this hadn't been such a good idea. After all, she didn't know anything about whatever their issue was, let alone if she could help them. Oh well; too late now, she thought with a mental sigh. Even if she couldn't help, she might walk away with two new friends.

---

The poacher raised an eyebrow as he watched the other three trainers release their Pokemon. "Wow, they're just giving us a free show, huh? I love these stupid sentimental trainers -- always let their Pokemon 'wander free' and show 'em off to the world."

"Focus," chided the second poacher with a disapproving tone. "Their Pokemon, remember? I can't see from here."

"Yeah, yeah," muttered the first. "Let's see... On the second little girl, there's a Blitzle, Venipede, Psyduck, Drilbur, and Absol -- oh hey, not bad. Absols sell for a pretty decent price. There are two other trainers now, too; they're older than the first two. The guy's got a Sewaddle and a Joltik, the girl's got a Smoochum, Petilil, Nidoran, and a Combee." He looked up from the binoculars to give a questioning glance to his companion. "Whaddaya think? We could get a pretty good haul from these idiots."

The other poacher considered briefly before nodding in assent. "I suppose. We'll begin following them, then," she said. "Come on. But be careful not to be seen -- the element of surprise is always vital, even when going up against inexperienced trainers."

"I know, jeez. Always acting like my mother..." grumbled the man. "Whatever. Move out!"

--------------------
PANE (click to show)

+Quote Post

FirePower
post Dec 15 2011, 10:14 AM
Post #5

Feel the burn!
Group Icon

My Dream Team

Kaya smiled as Rose began to ramble about plants. She seriously doubted she'd be able to understand a word of the conversation if it got any more educated than "These plants are nothing like the plants back in Unova," but she went along with it anyways. Besides, she felt she owed it to the smaller girl. After her friend had come all this way for Kaya's gym battle, it was the very least she could do to go check out the plants afterward.

"Sounds great!" Kaya said, returning her pokemon (aside from Manera) and walking in step with Rose. "As for if I'm ready... I'm not entirely sure I am. Odds are I'll do fine and I'm worried about nothing, but I'm still really nervous." She really wished she had her friend's confidence about beating Maxy Z. As confident as she was in her team's abilities, she still felt like she had butterflies in her stomach.

Just then two people started shouting some ways away, interrupting their conversation. Rose offered a quick word of explanation and left in the direction of the arguers. Kaya hesitated for a moment, wondering if she should follow. Deciding to tag along, she ran to catch up, Luke and Manera in tow.

The arguing pair turned out to be a man and a woman, both much older than Kaya and her friends. The guy had pink hair that was pulled back in a ponytail. He was wearing a pink shirt under a grey jacket. The girl's hair was also in a ponytail, though her hair was brown. She was wearing a blue dress with a white apron and a nurse hat. They looked to be trainers, judging by the number of pokemon between them, and they both were looking very upset about something or another.

"Blitzlebli!" Manera said, walking up to the man. He had a Sewaddle and a Joltic, two pokemon Kaya recognized from Arthro town. The Blitzle seemed excited to make some new friends.

Kaya herself stayed silent, rocking on her heels. She'd never been good at starting a conversation, nor was she the type of person to introduce herself. She figured it was best if she just didn't talk, as to avoid making things more awkward.

--------------------
I am a Christian. Jesus Christ loves me, and he loves you too. With a "never stopping, never giving up, unbreaking, always and forever love" (Jesus Storybook Bible).

+Quote Post

Headwind
post Dec 20 2011, 09:41 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Windsingers

”OOC” (click to show)

"Hey, is anything wrong?"

Xavier and Tawny turned to the source of the voice at almost the same time. Tawny had just stood up and was facing Xavier who had his arms crossed, still pissed at his bumbling travelling partner. To be honest, she wasn’t his first choice as a travelling partner. Actually, he didn’t really want anyone else to be travelling with him. But Tawny had…something in her that never fails to make him play the more mature of the two. He was older than her, that much was true, but Xavier wasn’t exactly known for being mature over anyone else. He despised everyone else. The idea that he’d be caught in such a situation where he needed to be more mature than anyone else was beneath him. Or so he thought.

Without hesitation, the voice continued, "Sorry for being nosy, but I was just wondering if I could help with anything..."

It was already too late when Xavier realized the younger girl was smiling. She had already stopped at the sight of him and Tawny. She looked unsure, short of being awkward, like him when he first met his would-have-been a Pokemon Nurse friend. Xavier looked at Tawny and their eyes met. Tawny had the expression of confusion as well. She looked completely bewildered at the intrusion.

“H-hello…” Tawny tried to start but her awkwardness was fading slower than she’d expected. “W-we’re fine…?”

Tawny looked back at Xavier. He didn’t reciprocate her actions, however, and instead stared at the two younger girls, completely ignoring the guy with them. When he felt Tawny’s eyes burning the side of his face, he looked away and mumbled something foreign. Unlike Xavier, Tawny spoke no other language, and his words seemed like gibberish to her. She had faith in him, though, and acknowledged the fact that he was bilingual and that he usually tried to feign inability to speak in the native language whenever he felt like it. He was antisocial. It was a defense mechanism.

The Smoochum in Tawny’s arms wiggled a bit, “Smoohooch!”

Tawny found courage in Xavier’s charade, fueled by being the bigger woman in this sense, and smiled cheerfully at the first girl, the shorter one, “It’s… Well, we’re actually not from here, so we’re a bit lost.”

"Blitzlebli!"

At the sight of the Blitzle, Hyde the Joltik perked up, “Tiktiktik!”

It jumped towards the Blitzle for what Xavier knew as a hunger lunge. The first time he met the Joltik, it was discreetly trying to feed off of a friend’s Blitzle. Quickly, Xavier caught it. Hyde struggled in his arms but the trainer in pink held it as tightly as he could. Xavier mumbled something else in a different foreign language than before. In his head, this ploy would make him invulnerable to awkward discourse. He had never been a fan of anything like conversations with a complete and total stranger. That was what Tawny was for.

“We’re from Johto,” Tawny continued with a smile. “We’re supposed to be in Port Barley right now but we’ve…well, we had a little detour.”

Hyde the Joltik kept on struggling. Xavier found it uncomfortable, so much that he just wanted to walk out of there. Something was keeping him grounded to his position. There was no one else to blame but Tawny. He started to think about torturing her in his head, although by torture his imagination could only bring him to eating all their food and having her watch him as he gloated.

“We’re not really familiar with the area…” Tawny made a gesture that seemed to poke fun at Xavier who looked like fish out of water, perfectly foreign.

“I’m Tawny Harshman, by the way,” she extended her hand towards the new folks. “This is my friend, Xavier Cross.”

“Tiktiktik!”

Xavier merely nodded at them, wondering if this lot was from around these parts and if they would be of any use to him and Tawny.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Rasu
post Dec 24 2011, 10:20 PM
Post #7

Get-A-Load-Of-This-Guy Cam
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 272

Active Squad

OOC (click to show)

"So this is Fidona, eh?" Royce didn't look too impressed with the place in which he had arrived. The port looked like any average port but all the other stuff didn't appeal to him at all since he was there to... "work", if someone could call it that. As he began stepping away from the very same boat that had brought him to the land of Furoh his Poketch began to beep in a systematic tune, indicating a new call. As he pressed the main button his partner's face appeared on the screen.

"Hey, sorry for bothering you. Just wanted to make sure that all the systems are operating accordingl- is that a boat?" the woman in thin-frame glasses questioned before quickly following with a "Where the hell are you?"

"Fidona. It's one of only two places in this region with a tropical jungle. The other one is on the mainland so I decided to knock off the isolated one first."

"Why are you even checking the jungles in the first place?" she questioned again, this time more curious than the previous one.

"The thing we're looking for is a legendary. People used to worship these... mirage Pokemon at one point in time and they most likely built temples dedicated to them. In this land, nobody found a temple dedicated to Mew yet. If there is one in Furoh then we'll have to search the only three places where average people fear to delve; jungles, deserts and the bottom of the ocean. I honestly doubt there's anything underwater so that leaves us with the other two." he quickly explained. An awkward moment of silence followed soon afterwards.

"...Fine, just be careful. Your wound isn't exactly healed so pack extra medical items."

He nodded. He knew that his physical health wasn't in the best of states but if there's work to be done Royce won't rest until it's truly done, or at least that's what people usually say about him. With this he pressed the main button again to end the call and opened up a guide he picked up on his way to the island. At the same time he pulled out one of his Pokeballs to summon his Blitzle, Captain, who had lost his right eye sometime before the two had met. Not even the shelter from which Royce had acquired the zebra knew where he was originated from. Hence why Royce was summoning him in the first place; he might have been from Fidona and he could know a lot more about the island than Royce.

"Quil!" what came out of the Pokeball, however, was Kalama, the mercenary's Cyndaquil. She was just as recent of an addition as the Blitzle - though significantly younger - and, as such, Royce wasn't quite used to either of them, even reaching to the point of confusing their respective Pokeballs.

"Oh, Kalama, sorry. Didn't mean to call you ou-" a rather strong gust of wind blew the paper he was holding, landing on the Cyndaquil's back and startling her, resulting in the spontaneous combustion of her back and completely incinerating the guide "...Well, shit." he cursed, not caring about his language. His only way of knowing where all the supply stores and Pokecenters of the city are was now a pile of ashes. His only other option was to ask around, something he disliked, mostly because he wasn't a social person. A few weeks in the jungle relying only on a monkey and yourself can lead to that, even if it was years ago.

He sighed. No use crying over spilled milk. He approached the closest group of people - one who had also made quite a racket - while being followed by his small Cyndaquil, who now had a "I'm sorry" expression on her face.

"Excuse me, are any of you heading towards a Pokecenter or something of sorts? My Cyndaquil burned my guide to a crisp." he faked the nicest face he could. Sure, he didn't like to socialize but that didn't mean he couldn't handle other people. If there was anything that mercenary work had taught him is that you got be charming for those occasions when violence doesn't solve a thing... which were most of the times for Royce, anyways.

This post has been edited by Hydrophobia: Dec 25 2011, 03:00 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Asterna
post Dec 26 2011, 02:19 PM
Post #8

Random Lurker
Group Icon

Platinum Team

Rose kept up her smile throughout the rather awkward situation that ensued, though it faltered considerably. She nodded a little at the girl's first, faltering response, and opened her mouth to say something along the lines of "sorry for bothering you", when her male companion mumbled something in a foreign language. Rose blinked at him in confusion for a moment, before she realized that he might not be able to speak English. Foreigners, then? The girl knew their language, though.

Her attention was snapped back to the girl when she resumed speaking. Rose nodded along as she spoke, her forced smile becoming more natural. "Oh, is that it? I'm guessing you don't want to talk about your 'detour', so... welcome to Furoh!" she exclaimed cheerfully, reaching out to shake Tawny's extended hand. "It's nice to meet both of you," she said, looking towards both Tawny and Xavier in turn. "I'm Rose Fiore, and this is Kaya Rovera." She introduced both of them, noticing Kaya's reticence and deciding that she probably wouldn't want to introduce herself.

"I'm from Unova originally -- Kaya's from Furoh -- but I've been in the region for a while now. We came here for Kaya's gym challenge," she explained, grinning at Kaya as she said it. "Neither of us have been here before, but I do have a map of the area, so maybe I could help you with that?"

Rose paused to rummage around in her rather sizeable backpack, eventually pulling out a small collection of maps -- both of entire regions (Furoh and Unova) and individual cities, in both regions. I probably should have left my Unova maps in the PC, Rose reflected with a mental wince. "Uh, as soon as I find it, that is," she added sheepishly, shuffling through the pile of maps. "-- Ah, there we go!" she exclaimed brightly as she finally located the elusive map of Fidona. She bounced back to her feet and stuffed the maps back into her backpack. "I could help you find your way around here, if nothing else," she offered.

At that point, another stranger came up -- a man, older than all the rest of them, who was asking for directions to the Pokemon Center. Rose was somewhat intimidated by his age, but his expression was rather friendly and he didn't look especially intimidating otherwise, so she offered him a smile and turned the map so that it faced him.

"Oh, I've got a guide here, if you need to use it," she said, peering down at it. "Um... according to this, the Pokemon Center is that way," she said, pointing in its direction. "Oh, hey, it's in the same direction as the gym! Kaya, d'you think we should stop by before you battle?" she asked, turning towards the other girl.

--------------------
PANE (click to show)

+Quote Post

FirePower
post Jan 2 2012, 11:48 AM
Post #9

Feel the burn!
Group Icon

My Dream Team

Kaya listened quietly as the girl explained the problem she and her friend she and her partner were having. She sounded as awkward as Kaya felt. It seemed rather odd that someone to make a mistake that big, but Kaya wasn't going to judge based on one mistake, however big. She'd messed up plenty of times.

"And, um, that's Luke," Kaya added sheepishly as Rose made introductions. Luke nodded silently, Harmony whistling on his shoulder. "Um, nice to meet y'all."

Kaya couldn't help but raise an eyebrow as Rose began to rummage through a sizable collection of maps. Surely Furoh didn't have that many large cities and other map worthy areas, and her friend didn't need any Unova maps now that she was in Furoh. She put it off with a small shrug as Rose found the map she was looking for.

"Zle?" Manera said questioningly, cocking it's head. Why did the strange-talking-pink-hair guy not let his Joltic say hi? He'd grabbed it before it could jump on her. Did the pink-hair-guy Maybe not want his Pokemon to meet new ones? Kaya had always let her and the others introduce them selves, though strangely-abandoned-timid-Miner didn't always like it. Still pondering the question, Manera released a burst of pent-up energy, which made her mane flash and glow. Ever since Starfall field, she hadn't had to do too much other than walk, since Kaya wanted to give everyone a rest after the big-falling-flaming-rocks from the sky had destroyed Starfall field. She had plenty of electricity to spare, and she regularly discharged it through her Mane to keep from getting too much.

About that moment another man came up, much older than any of the the present company. He was wearing a greenish-brown trench coat over a white shirt with old jeans. A Cyndaquil was at his side. He was looking for the pokemon center, and had his guide had gotten burned up, which explained the apologetic look the Cyndaquil had. If he hadn't been acting so nice Kaya might have found him a little scary, but since he was smiling and generally being polite he seemed a lot less threatening.

"Sure!" Kaya said after Rose suggested they stop by the pokemon center before heading to the gym. She figured it was better to be safe than sorry and be as prepared as she could for her upcoming battle. As it was, Rose and Luke's pokemon might be in need of a rest, too.

"So, um, you like bug pokemon?" Kaya asked Xavier, finally attempting to start a conversation. She hoped he actually knew English, mainly so she could actually understand what he was saying.

This post has been edited by FirePower: Feb 1 2012, 08:48 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Headwind
post Jan 7 2012, 08:00 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Windsingers

"It's nice to meet you guys, too," Tawny replied after Rose introduced herself and Kaya, with Luke being introduced by the latter. She had always been good at this. Well, at least compared to Xavier (he merely nodded to acknowledge their presence and had immediately looked away). Her smile was as sincere as she could muster, which her travelling partner noticed with the slightest of ease. However, Tawny still had her familiar uneasiness plastered all over her face and body, the kind Xavier was well aware of every time she made a mistake. You see, Tawny had this thing where she has a strange (for Xavier, anyway) urge to keep people, even newly met acquaintances, happy. By happy, she means pleased with whatever she does and says. It's all tedious and unnecessary for Xavier but for Tawny, it has been her way of life. For Rose to mention how she didn't want to talk about their "detour" was the stimulus. It couldn't have been helped. Anyone in their right mind would point that out. Tawny just wished she wasn't the one who made the stupid mistake.

"I've never been to Unova," Tawny joked. At least, it was meant to be a joke. Not that it wasn't true. She had never been outside Johto. She felt ecstatic at the idea of friends from outside her geographic range.

As Rose went on with her maps, Xavier walked nearer to Tawny and whispered, "She sure has a lot of maps. We should probably get maps."

Tawny elbowed him in the gut, which he received with a tiny, unnoticeable grimace.

"That'd be great, Rose," Tawny's eyes lit up.

"We are getting biggger" was the first thing that came to Xavier's mind when another person, much older than the rest of them, walked into the group. The first thing he noticed was the way this guy carried himself, a little spark of interest drawing Xavier to him. It could be the way he looked, the way he seemed to be much more than he presents himself to be, or even the way Xavier could smell blood on him. Despite all these, though, it was all a hunch, and Xavier had been plagued with a natural instinct that he almost never acts on.

On the other hand, Tawny looked quite bewildered at the sight of the new guy. Or was that the most appropriate adjective? Her mouth was slightly opened, her eyes were widened, and her pupils were dilated. Xavier shrugged the notion out his head. It wouldn't be right for him to think about Tawny that way, despite the fact that she did cause all the trouble in his side. A walking disaster should, at the very least, still have the common sense and decency not to go "high school" on such a strange man.

What's more, Xavier rolled his eyes at the sight of the Cyndaquil tailing the man. "Cyndaquils are a dime a dozen in Johto," he thought to himself. Literally, it wasn't true. Fire Pokemon aren't really that easy to find in the wild. This guy was commendable for having a Fire-type on his team, although in Johto, Cyndaquils were simply handed out by the Pokemon Professor.

"Hi..." Tawny mumbled, not quite looking the man in the eye. "My name's Tawny and this is my friend, Alexis..."

Xavier winced, "My name's Xavier, Tawny."

But Tawny ignored him. All of her attention was with the new guy, "What's your name?"

Was it just Xavier or did her words come out too high-pitched?

At the sound of Kaya's voice, Xavier swallowed air. She seemed like a nice girl but Xavier was born with a personality disorder (his words) that made him uncomfortable with one-on-one discussions, especially with new acquaintances. It always took him a few hours to warm up, even with old friends back in Johto. Only Tawny could bypass that wall of insecurity he has. But then again, Tawny has always been like the little sister he never had. Or wanted.

"Ja," was all that came out of his mouth. It semi-stressed him out, just thinking of what was appropriate to say, but he had always been able to fake his calm and collected appeal. He smiled at her, though, the friendliest he could muster, and nodded. He continued, however, to fake a foreign accent, faking a struggle with his words as well, "My friend has a Blitzle also. Very nice."

This post has been edited by Lacuna Shade: Jan 7 2012, 08:01 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Rasu
post Jan 25 2012, 07:22 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Active Squad

The girl showed him the map and pointed in the general direction of the Pokecenter. The mention of a gym match, however, perked Royce's interest. Memories of the time he once challenged and defeated the eight gyms of Kanto came rushing into his mind. It began as a simple trial of his skill - a chore, simply put - however, as time passed he began to enjoy the battles more and more, eventually reaching the top when he got the Earth Badge.

"There's only four gyms in this region, correct?" he questioned. It was stated as such in a magazine he had read on the boat. What they lack in quantity they make up in power and typing, it said. Each gym would specialize in two Pokemon-types contrary to the normal one. But he didn't have the time for that. Mew was out there and he had to find it, resulting in very little time for hobbies. His older team members could possibly skim through such challenges, though.

"What's your name?" the voice of the older girl snapped him back to reality. Should he give out his real name? Or maybe make one up? Oh, what the hell, it's not like he was robbing banks to make his name well-known or anything. Besides, they were just a bunch of teenagers. Granted they all had Pokemon but so did he. Much stronger back-up too, residing in a very relaxed (perhaps even too much) Infernape, a smart-ass Kadabra, an insane Sableye and an oddly shy Shelgon.

"Oh, excuse my rudeness. Royce. Royce Strife. Pleasure the meet you all." he nearly flinched at the 'pleasure' part. He didn't want to be there. He didn't want to talk to people. He just wanted to get to the Pokemon Center, get his bearings and go out to the jungle. The pink-haired guy, however, seemed to be catching up to his act, much to Royce's distaste. To avoid any suspicions by leaving without any reason at all he decided to stick around a bit more, using the gym battle as an excuse.

"If it's not too much to ask for, would it be possible for me to watch the battle? I want to see how the leaders handle themselves with a focus on two types." he asked, quickly followed by a 'Quil!' from Kalama. Thinking twice about it, the gym battle could provide the Cyndaquil with some well needed battling basics. Wouldn't help her control her Blaze ability but it could at least keep her on the field a little longer.

"I can also provide some advice." he pulled out a cigarette case from inside his jacket and opened it, revealing the eight Kanto badges inside along with a picture of his old home in Solaceon. The picture was quite old and had a yellow tint to it and it was lazily strapped to one of the sides of the case by a rubber band. The badges had a thin layer of dust, a sign showing that Royce hadn't polished them in a while. Not that he ever did, anyways. For him they were tokens of his victories. Nothing more, nothing less.

"I have a little battle experience."

--------------------
+Quote Post

Asterna
post Jan 26 2012, 09:28 PM
Post #12

Random Lurker
Group Icon

Platinum Team

"Oh, right, and Luke too, of course. Sorry, Luke -- you were just being kinda quiet, so..." Rose trailed off awkwardly, rubbing the back of her head in a nervous gesture. Mentally, she beat herself up for actually forgetting to introduce a friend (or at least acquaintance). Sure, he'd been quiet, but it was still no excuse! "I... guess I forgot you were there. I'm really sorry!" she said a second time.

"Um... anyway!" she exclaimed, determinedly forging onward in an attempt to get rid of the awkwarness. "I'd be happy to help... uh, Tawny?" Rose blinked in confusion at the older girl's odd expression. Clearly, she wasn't paying Rose, or anyone else, any attention; she'd even managed to call Xavier by the wrong name, though they clearly knew each other well. Alexis wasn't even close to Xavier! Rose had no idea what had come over the older girl. "...Oookay then," she said, raising an eyebrow. Turning to Royce, who seemed to be considerably less catatonic, she decided to address him rather than try to snap Tawny out of her dazed state.

"It's nice to meet you, Royce! Don't worry about manners -- I forgot to introduce myself too," she said with a small giggle. "Ah, I'm Rose -- Rose Fiore," she introduced herself yet again, unintentionally mimicking Royce's own introduction. "To answer your question, yeah, there are only four gyms in Furoh. I thought it was kinda weird at first, but I hear that each individual gym is difficult enough to make up for the smaller number, what with the dual types and all," she explained. That was something she would have to keep in mind if she decided to take up the gym challenge herself. "Seems pretty interesting! And as for whether you can watch the battle or not, I think that's up to Kaya, given that it's her battle," she added, giving Kaya a questioning glance. "That okay with you, Kaya? We seem to be gathering spectators..." she joked with a smile.

Her attention was brought back to Royce when he mentioned some "advice". Rose's eyes widened in awe as he held up his badges. Sure, they were a little dusty, but eight Kanto badges was no small feat. Clearly, this man was an experienced and skilled trainer, however dirty his badges might be -- and he was willing to give them advice, to boot. "Whoa! That's awesome!" she exclaimed, eyes lighting up. "I've never met anyone with that many badges before! How long did it take you? Was it really hard? Are you here for the Furoh challenge, then? Have you fought the Elite Four?" Rose asked rapidly, excited. Finally, she had to cease her bombardment to pause for breath, and realized just how many questions she'd asked. "Uh. I mean, only if you want to answer my questions," she backtracked hastily. "Sorry, I got kind of overexcited."

Sheepish though she might be, Rose was still quite excited. Now that she knew just how good this man was, she wanted him to accompany them to the gym even more! Rose shot an excited look at Kaya, trying to communicate her desire. She would feel bad about it later if Kaya was reluctant, but at the moment, she was too thrilled with the idea of being able to get advice from an experienced trainer like Royce.

---

Meanwhile, the poachers had continued to stalk their growing group from a safe distance; currently, they were watching from the roof of a nearby building. The man raised his eyebrows at Royce's appearance, speaking more softly than usual to avoid notice. "Wow, they're just multiplying, aren't they? Like rabbits," he snorted derisively.

"Don't be so dismissive," chastised the woman in an equally low volume. Peering through the binoculars, she was able to make out the badges that Royce was holding up. "It seems that the older man is quite experienced -- eight gym badges. Of course, that only means that his Pokemon will be more powerful, and fetch a better price," she added with a small smirk.

"Of course," her companion agreed, a similar smirk stretching his lips. "Lemme get a look at the goods," he told her; the woman handed him the binoculars, and he lifted the, to his eyes to see for himself. "Hm, Cyndaquil. A starter... it'll be worth some in regions outside of Johto, so not bad. Too bad he hasn't shown off his whole party to us, like the other idiots," he added with a soft snort of laughter.

"Too bad, indeed," the woman agreed, taking the binoculars back. "I can't quite make out what they're discussing, but they're in too crowded a place to make a move right now. Let's wait for the best moment for an ambush," she told him.

The man sighed, less loudly and dramatically than he would have liked -- surprise was the key here, and he couldn't alert their targets to their presence. "Oh, fine. We'll wait, then... boring as it is."

--------------------
PANE (click to show)

+Quote Post

FirePower
post Feb 4 2012, 07:37 AM
Post #13

Feel the burn!
Group Icon

My Dream Team

Luke just nodded at Rose's apology. Truth was, he didn't really care either way. He was just as comfortable remaining unnoticed than being introduced to everybody.

"Really?" Kaya said. Manera perked up too, if that was even possible for the already perky pokemon. "What's it like in Johto, anyways? I don't really know much 'bout life outside of Furoh." Her initial shyness was rapidly leaving her, and she started getting talkative. She didn't notice Xavier's discomfort at talking to her, nor Tawny's strange behavior at meeting the newest arrival of the group.

"I'm, um, Kaya, and this is Luke," Kaya said, turning her attention to Rose and the older guy as introductions were once again made and such. "I don't mind if you come watch the battle." In the back of her mind she felt slightly apprehensive about letting strangers with, with the possibility of failing miserably in front of people she'd just met, but she payed little attention to the notion.

Kaya's jaw dropped as Royce, as the newest guy had introduced himself, pulled out an old case and opened it. Was she hallucinating, or were there eight badges in there. She blinked several times, as if to dispel the illusion. But no matter how hard she blinked they were still there; Eight old and dusty but very real gym badges right before her very eyes. That was more badges than she'd seen her whole life, let alone under the ownership of a single person. None of them looked like the Furoh badges, so maybe he had come to the region to take the gym challenge here?

"Dadgumn! How many regions did you have to go through to get all those?" Kaya, in her ignorance, had no idea that her home region had only half the amount of badges as the other regions, and that most gyms used only one type. Any and all chances of not making a fool of herself in front of complete strangers vanished in that moment. Even quiet and mild-mannered Luke snorted and raised an eyebrow at Kaya's bizarre question. In her excitement, she didn't even notice. "What all types did they use? Is it easy to get all four badges in other regions? Maxy Z uses water and fighting types, and his gym's s'posed have have all sorts of booby traps in it."

Kaya bounced on the balls of her feet, or at least tried to (it was rather hard with her crutch and splint). She was already pumped with adrenaline, and it was making her jumpy. She wanted to get moving before she went insane from standing in one place too long.

"So, um, should we head for the pokemon center then?" Kaya said, ready to go. Her fidgeting became increasingly impatient, though she tried to hide it. She doubted simply walking would satisfy her. She longed to get her stupid splint off her leg. It had been an annoyance ever since she had gotten her leg patched up at Starfall field, constantly slowing her down and getting in the way.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Headwind
post Feb 15 2012, 05:25 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Windsingers

Despite Xavier's ill feelings against being interviewed, Kaya continued with her questions. This time, she was focused on Johto. For some reason, Xavier eased up on the subject. It was something he liked to talk about, having travelled here and there since he was young.

"Johto's a great place," he continued, fake accent still in tow. "Tawny and I actually came from Azalea Town, which is where Bugsy is. That could also explain my Pokemon preference." Xavier flashed Kaya a brief smile, a rare event.

When Royce asked about the gyms, Xavier perked up. He would welcome any information he could get about the leaders, especially the way they battled and what specialty they focused in. His two partners, Hyde and Zeke, were not in any condition to battle any Pokemon Gym, at least not yet. He still had a lot of training to do. Maybe after they evolve or something. He didn't really want to jinx himself. Having known little to nothing about the Pokemon League in this place was a disadvantage. Then again, Xavier wasn't that well-versed in the field of Pokemon to begin with.

Tawny perked up, too, but it was only mostly because Royce said something. It was starting to annoy Xavier. Her face and actions were utterly strange and foreign but he had an idea or two of why she was acting like a crazed little kid. Xavier had always considered her a kid but she didn't. She was always adamant in proving herself mature. But this, what she was being at that point in time, was not who she was. Even Smoochum was confused.

It was all very distracting. Xavier was very alarmed. He did not want to be her keeper. He has never wanted to be anyone's keeper. The very idea of caring for anyone else was daunting to him. And yet there he was, staring at Tawny. There she was, standing right beside him, looking all scared and uncertain and somewhat expecting. He shook his head and sighed. She was with him. She was his responsibility. He hated being responsible for other people.

But Royce's badges were enough to distract Xavier from Tawny. They were familiar to him. He had seen about half of Royce's eight badges but has never come close to touching them. Karina, his older sister, has the same four but the rest were from, what he surmised, different other gyms. He unconsciously asked, "Those are from Kanto?"

Rose then began explaining about the gyms of Furoh and Xavier listened intently. Tawny, meanwhile, stole glimpses of Royce and also Luke. She was being hormonal, Xavier thought. When he caught her after something got in his eyes, he elbowed her nearest arm. That sent Smoochum off-balanced and brought Tawny back to the world of now.

Dual types?, Xavier thought to himself. Now that's something to worry about. Hyde the Joltik was a dual type, too, Electric and Bug, and Zeke was Grass and Bug, so it excited him to hear that vital information. There were only four gyms and from the sound of Rose, they were formidable enough to stand toe to toe with the other regions' eight. Kaya added something about Maxy Z and his water and fighting type preference. He immediately registered in Xavier's mind as a powerful gym leader. Xavier had met another leader before who used the same combination, at least one or two of his Pokemon fitted the bill. He couldn't remember who it was or where that other gym leader came from. No matter. He didn't have to. He was more excited about the current situation. Xavier couldn't help but smirk. Tawny's dumbassery was apparently a stroke of genius. If they stick with this new party, he may get to witness firsthand how Furoh defends its badges.

"We'd like to watch, too," Xavier murmured.

He need not have said it. Kaya had already agreed to the rest of them being spectators, just a few minutes before he mentioned his own plans to watch. Tawny looked at him, still quiet, and he could swore she was at least surprised by his outburst. He waited to see if his travelling companion would add anything perky or excited or something but she didn't. Xavier sighed.

Kaya then suggested to start moving, which actually struck Xavier as curious. Well, not her suggestion but the fact that they had spent an invariable amount of time just standing there. Oh, yeah, introductions. Social protocol. Xavier was more confused than ever.

"So," he said, turning to Kaya. "What happened to you?"

--------------------

+Quote Post

Rasu
post Mar 6 2012, 07:29 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Active Squad

Royce instantly regretted taking out the cigar case the moment he was absolutely bombarded by questions. He decided to take his time to process each one and try to answer more than one at a time. He scratched the back of his head before starting his answer spree.

"Uh, yeah, these are Kanto badges. Took me a couple of months to gather them all and, as long as you have a good team, they aren't really that hard." he took a moment to remind himself of his previous team again. Each one of them had a very specific function, with his Infernape shredding everything into tiny bits, his Sableye annoying the living daylight out of its opponents, his Shelgon tanking all the damage he could and, lastly, his Kadabra just screwing with everybody's head. They made a good team, if not a rather crazy one.

"I never really faced the Elite Four. Only ever had to defeat the leaders." the way he worded the last part could seem a little fishy. Had? Why would someone need to face the gyms if they have no intentions to beat the Elite Four? Royce realized this but it was too late to change it now. He could always hope they wouldn't catch on.

"And I don't have any plans to beat these gyms. I'm only in Furoh for work." he finished off the first batch of questions before moving to the odder questions. He heard Kaya say something along the lines of 'life outside of Furoh' so he assumed that she didn't know normal regions contained eight, single-typed gyms.

"Contrary to Furoh, Kanto has eight badges, each one specializing on a specific type. Now, this was years ago but if I recall correctly the types are Rock, Water, Electric, Grass, Poison, Psychic and Fire." he followed the precise order as he pointed to each badge, stopping right before the last one. "The last gym changed, from what I've heard. It used to be Ground-type but now the Gym Leader is kinda of a jack-of-all-trades."

If he did choose to go for the Furoh gyms he would certainly need more than a Blitzle and a Cyndaquil. Not that Captain needed teammates. He enjoyed fighting, more to overpower his enemy than sportsmanship and he could handle himself just fine. Royce, on the other hand, wasn't gonna let a battle hungry zebra with the ability to shoot electricity do as it pleases, not by a long shot. Another thing to keep in mind was to get Pokemon that could actually help him with his work. Dark and Ghost types would be wonderful if he was ever to confront Mew or even the psychotic Mewtwo. Even Psychic-types would be good to endure the powerful mental abilities that both possessed. He still had a long way to go but planning doesn't hurt anyone... unless it's Captain planning. Nothing ever goes down peacefully whenever Captain is the one giving the shots.

He snapped back to reality when Kaya suggested to the group that they should get going. No complaints there. As soon as he go to the Pokecenter and bought his supplies, Royce would be good to go right after the gym battle.

But there was something else. That irritating feeling that someone or something is watching him.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Asterna
post Mar 9 2012, 06:21 PM
Post #16

Random Lurker
Group Icon

Platinum Team

OOC (click to show)

Rose listened eagerly, her eyes veritably sparkling, as Royce began to answer the slew of questions, once by one. She nodded along as he spoke, hanging onto every word, although she did deflate a little when he mentioned never facing the Elite Four. Then again, it wasn't as if Furoh had an Elite Four, and she was far, far away from battling the Elite Four in any of the other regions -- she'd never even beat the gyms in her native region of Unova. Still, she did wonder why he "only ever had to" defeat the gym leaders. Why would he need to beat the gyms if he wasn't going to fight the Elite Four? It was a little odd, she thought.

Odd though it might have been, Rose wasn't suspicious enough to dwell on it, especially since there were more immediately interesting things to think about. She snapped away from that train of thought to concentrate on Royce again as he began explaining about the gyms in Kanto -- useful information if she ever planned on fighting the leaders herself. She raised her eyebrows when he mentioned the last gym, though; that was the first gym outside of Furoh and Unova (though that gym was a rather special case, given that it had three leaders) that focused on more than one type. Not just that, but a jack-of-all-trades?

"That's rare," she remarked thoughtfully. "That the last gym leader's got Pokemon of a bunch of types, I mean -- only the champions are like that, so far as I know. Guess he's pretty hard to beat -- did you battle him, or was it the Ground-type leader?" she asked, then checked herself. "-- Oh, never mind. If you 'heard' that it changed, then I guess you didn't fight him yourself," she added quickly with a short laugh, rubbing the back of her neck.

After that, Kaya suggested that they leave. Rose nodded quickly in response. "Yeah, sure! We've been standing around here for a while... I feel like we're kind of blocking the road, actually," she said, giggling sheepishly. Her worries were mostly unfounded, given that they were standing off to the side of the street, although a few passerby did look askance at their rather large gathering of people and Pokemon. In any case, Rose was fairly eager to get going; Kaya was probably impatient to actually get to her gym battle, and Royce, Xavier, and Tawny -- not to mention herself -- were equally impatient to watch it. Looking around at everyone's nods of assent to Kaya's motion to leave, she nodded herself and turned to her Pokemon. They'd been rather quiet during the trainers' conversation, talking amongst themselves and taking stock of the newcomers.

Ciar looked up at her with a small frown, turning his head towards the crowds in the streets before looking back at her. The other Pokemon followed his gaze; Alaia made a small noise of displeasure, and Nina and Wyatt looked mildly displeased as well. Rose gave a small sigh. "Yeah, you guys'll have to go back in your balls until we get to the gym, I think -- you're all still pretty small, and I don't want you getting lost or stepped on." Wyatt squawked indignantly at being called 'small', but grumpily submitted to being returned nevertheless. Chuckling a little at her little Rufflet's offended expression, Rose stowed the Pokeballs back on her belt and turned back to her map of Fidona.

"Alright, so the Pokecenter's this way..." she mumbled to herself, studying the route drawn out on the map. "Okay, let's get going!"

After a short walk through the streets of Fidona, they arrived at the large Pokecenter. Rose's Pokemon were still fully healed from the nurses at Starfall Field, since they hadn't done any battling since. She walked past Nurse Joy's station, where there was a decently sized line of trainers there, waiting to heal their Pokemon, and approached the shelves of supplies nearby.

"Hmm..." she muttered to herself, looking them over. She'd used up all of her potions at Starfall Field, so she could finally replenish her supply of those. She was a bit low on berries, too, but general stores like this didn't usually stock them, so that was no help. What else do I need...? she wondered, running down her mental shopping list. Well, now was as good a time as any to stock up on Pokeballs, she supposed.

Bringing her purchases to the counter, Rose paid for them with a little frown -- there went some more of her limited finances -- and packed the potions and Pokeballs into their allotted pockets in her massive backpack. Business taken care of, she settled down on a nearby couch to wait for the others.

This post has been edited by Asterna: Mar 29 2012, 03:16 PM

--------------------
PANE (click to show)

+Quote Post

FirePower
post Mar 28 2012, 10:38 PM
Post #17

Feel the burn!
Group Icon

My Dream Team

"Eight badges?" Kaya asked, confused. "That sure seems like a handful." Though she had no reason not believe Royce, she had a hard time accepting that Furoh was the odd region out. After thirteen years of knowing only Furoh's set of four badges, she reasoned, anybody would have a hard time accepting the fact.

As she heard Xavier talking to her, she turned to face him. "What happened to me?" She echoed. "What d'ya mean? I'm fine. I'm just hyped up, that's all." She tried to bounce some more, but her crutch got in the way and she almost tripped. She managed to steady herself before she fell, clinging to her crutch. She silently cursed the meteorite that had broken her leg, and the storm it had come with in general. It had been the start of the adventure of a lifetime, that was for sure, but now it seemed like not much more than a broken leg and an oddly-shaped rock.

Kaya followed Rose through the streets, Manera walking beside her as it usually did. As they walked Kaya was constantly looking around herself, drinking in the sights. There was nothing like Fidona on the mainland, with tropical jungles and pristine beaches. After she headed back to the mainland, she doubted that she would be back here for a long time, so she wanted to remember as much as she couldhttp://forums.gtsplus.net/index.php?. Luke followed as well, though towards the back of the group. He kept a hand on Strall's pokeball. He couldn't help but feel watched. Considering they were in the middle of town, it wouldn't be all that strange for someone to be watching them, but it was making him nervous.

As they walked into the pokemon center Kaya promptly sat onto one of the cushioned chairs. There wasn't anything she needed here. Her pokemon were still fighting-fit and well rested from Starfall Field, and she didn't have any money with her. What money she'd had at the start of pokecon had been given to Luke for a now lost and most likely incinerated tent. Manera wandered off by herself, exploring the lobby on her own. Kaya hoped the Blitzle didn't get into trouble, because she didn't have the money to pay for anything her pokemon might destroy or steal.

Luke, meanwhile, sat down just outside the pokemon center. He took out his one of his notebooks, the one with his various sketches of pokemon, and a pencil. He began drawing Harmony's talons, adding to the several Chatot drawings he'd made since he'd caught Harmony. He was no Picasso, but he could draw as well as the next guy. His notebooks were cover with drawings of just about every item and pokemon he could get his hands on. His previous unease was gone as he occupied himself with his work.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Dan Magnus
post Jun 22 2012, 08:37 AM
Post #18

The Danest Magnusiest.
Group Icon

Member No.: 89 899

Soon to have team.

OOC (click to show)

Looking around his own surroundings, Rufus could only think of one thing. A brand new start, he was finally going to meet new Pokemon, and also have a chance to meet new trainers, and make new friends, like he did back at home. To say the truth, Rufus still missed some of his friends from Blackthorn City, and his dad. But now, he is more focused on getting away from home, getting the badges from around other locations, and not in Johto.

When he got off the ship, Rufus looked at the port, and was a little excited within himself, knowing his first journey into the Fidona begins now. He stepped on to the ground for the first time, he was happy to be out of that ship at last, and took his first steps towards the exit, not sure where to go right now. At first, he was wandering aimlessly around the port, but then his Cyndaquil stopped him for a moment. Rufus didn't remember he let her out, but Cynda kind of reminded him of the map that he had in his bag.

Rufus didn't remember he let out his Cyndaquil before he disembarked off the ship, nor the map in his bag, but he might have also forgot to flush the toilet when he was aboard. In fact, he might have forgotten a lot of things in a lot of places. But aside from his self blames, he took a look into his backpack.

"Let's see... Map, map, map... Oh, a potion. Alright, map... Hey, another potion. C'mon, where is it?" Rufus mumbled, as he looked with his head literally in his bag. After around two minutes, he found a map, which was a under a pile of empty Pokeballs. Taking it out, he tore a little piece of the map by accident, but it still looked like the full map, only with a small piece of it torn apart. "Nothing to worry about... Now, where am I supposed to go now?" Rufus asked himself, as he looked at the map, constantly rotating it for a better view at the area.

When he found out his current location, he looked at his Cyndaquil, but he couldn't find her. "Cynda! Where'd you go?" Rufus shouted, as he looked around for his Cyndaquil, not sure what to do now. He saw a flame in the distance, so it had to be Cynda. Rufus knew that his Cyndaquil burns down something if she gets nervous, so it had to be her. With quick thinking, he ran towards the source, through people running away from it, shoved over a few, while trying to get to the source of the flame.

"Out of my way! I need to find my Cyndaquil! She's really nervous when she's alone..." Rufus yelled at the people, trying to see what is causing the flames to appear, also hoping that it's really his Cyndaquil. He knew Cynda wasn't capable of burning down a tree, rather than a house. However, when he tried getting closer to the flame source, thick smoke appeared around the area, making it hard to look and harder to breath. He didn't realize that Cynda could cause so much trouble in just a few minutes, believing that he can stop her before something bad happens.

--------------------
PANE Character (click to show)

Clickables and others (click to show)
+Quote Post

Rasu
post Jul 8 2012, 07:57 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Active Squad

The walk towards the Pokemon Center revealed Fidona to be just another average city. Despite the city's tropical atmosphere, what interested Royce the most of the entire island was its jungle. He followed the group inside the center and began prioritizing his needs. Both Captain and Kalama were at full health and capable to fight, should the situation call for it but his medical supplies were scarce. His Potion count was low as well as status healers. Out of all he needed either Parlyz Heals and Burn Heals if he were to capture anything with a Blitzle or a Cyndaquil. It would be terribly inconvenient to acquire a Pokemon and have it crippled and unable to battle. Full Heals were also an option and would save him space for other items but left a bigger hole in his wallet.

He began moving towards the shop area inside the Pokecenter - a trend carried over from Unova, he had heard - and grabbed what he needed; two extra Potions, two of both Parlyz Heal and Burn Heal and three Super Potions for the more dire situations. He ignored the stronger types of Pokeballs due to the fact that he could easily use Captain to paralyze whatever he wanted to capture, excluding of course Ground-types or wielders of abilities that nullify Electric-types moves. Royce moved to the counter and paid for his items with his debit card, placing them in the bag he usually carries around while travelling. Mercenary work didn't exactly make him rich but it payed more that your average job.

Reports of a fire nearby also began to come in from trainers who had just walked in. Seeing how the only two Pokemon Royce had on him would only worsen the fires he decided to ignore it, at least for now. With all of the shopping out of the way he finally addressed Kalama.

"Kalama, today you're gonna witness a gym battle. Hopefully that'll teach you some basics without incinerating everything around you. Understood?"

The Cyndaquil replied with a nod and a "Quil!" before being returned to her ball. Royce then directed himself towards the rest area where Rose and Kaya were located.

"Have you seen that guy and the girl, Xavier and Tawny, was it? They don't seem to be around here." truth be said, Royce didn't exactly care. It was very much possible that they had been separated due to that fire but they were nice people. Nice people that get in the way more often than not but still nice.

"Anyways, I'm done here." he affirmed, making them know that he was done with shopping and ready to go, should they wish to carry on without the two missing trainers.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Asterna
post Jul 11 2012, 03:51 PM
Post #20

Random Lurker
Group Icon

Platinum Team

Rose sat on her bench, swinging her legs absentmindedly as she waited for the others. She stared blankly into the distance, thinking about nothing in particular. Eventually, some of the conversation of the trainers coming in filtered into her foggy brain. Rose blinked and sat up a bit, now paying more attention to her surroundings. A fire? That didn't sound good... Her concerns were only heightened by Royce's question.

"Xavier and Tawny?" With a frown, Rose looked around, but they were indeed nowhere to be seen. She stood up and peeked outside the Pokecenter, but their missing companions weren't outside either. "You're right, I don't see them anywhere... Maybe they got separated because of the fire?" she suggested with a worried frown.

She deliberated for a while, thinking out loud. "Well... we should probably get to the gym soon, since we've waited long enough. I don't think that the two of them are in any danger, either, and they wanted to get out of Fidona anyway, so I guess it wouldn't be too bad if we just left them..." she said slowly. Xavier and Tawny were strangers, after all, and Xavier at least hadn't seemed too eager to come along with them. They were both trainers as well, and they could probably take care of themselves without Rose's help -- Fidona was a civilized place, and they were near the Pokecenter, which should provide them with any help that they might need. Even so, Rose didn't want to just leave them without at least trying to find them again. "I'll go see if I can find them before we leave," she decided. "You guys wait here!"

Without waiting for the others to respond, Rose swung her backpack onto her back with a grunt, then hurried outside to look for Xavier and Tawny. The previously peaceful atmosphere of Fidona had been shattered. Instead, chaos prevailed as groups of curious onlookers crowded around at a safe distance from the fire. Clouds of thick black smoke floated around the area, making it difficult to see. Looking at this, it was easy to see how Xavier and Tawny got separated from their group. Rose accidentally inhaled some smoke and coughed; with a grimace, she covered the lower half of her face with her sleeve and pushed through the crowd, looking for any familiar faces, but found no trace of the two she was looking for. However, she did find a white-haired boy, frantically shouting for his Cyndaquil.

"Your Cyndaquil?" she asked, shouting to be heard above the crowd. "Hang on, I'll help!" she told him determinedly, now completely distracted from her original purpose in coming outside, as the prospect of helping anyone tended to do when Rose was involved.

The fire itself -- coming from a nearby tree -- wasn't all that big; indeed, several trainers were already using their water Pokemon to wrestle the fire into submission. It was half-out already, but Rose decided that more water couldn't hurt, so she tossed out Nina's Pokeball. The Panpour appeared in a burst of light, and took in the situation quickly. Without needing Rose's prompting, Nina began spraying the tree with her own Water Gun. That along with the Pokemon already working on the fire quickly put it out.

With that over with, the only thing left to do was to clear the area of smoke. Rose thought of having Wyatt blow it away, but his wings were nowhere near large enough to do anything of substance. Fortunately, one of the other trainers' Pokemon was not as ill-equipped. The trainer called out a large Staraptor and ordered it to use Defog. The enormous bird Pokemon flapped its wings, generating a strong wind that soon swept the smoke away. With all the obstacles now gone, a Cyndaquil became visible by the base of the tree.

Rose pointed towards it and turned towards the boy. "Is that her?" she asked, opting not to actually go over and grab the Cyndaquil in question -- that might startle it and cause even more trouble.

--------------------
PANE (click to show)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th March 2024 - 09:13 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.