Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
A Big Bunch of Bugs in Barley, Private Between me and 32Melody~
Actinium
post Jun 7 2012, 08:27 PM
Post #1

I'm Human Sized! :D
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 106 466

HG team~

A Big Bunch of Bugs in Barley
Private Between me and 32Melody~
Minor Bunnying of each other's Pokemon is alowed for this. We've confirmed it with each other.
Courtney Watterson - Current Levels
Stephanie Evans - Current Levels
LET'S START! WOOO!
-------

Courtney Watterson, a young, pretty girl (if you asked her yourself), was feeling that familiar feeling of "Now what?" Yes, she was free to do whatever she wanted. 3 Pokeballs attached to her belt made clacking noises when they bumped into each other and her backpack's contents shook as she walked along the dockes of her hometown, Port Barley. Courtney couldn't hear them, though. A cord reached up from her front left jean pocket, ending in a pair of earphones stuck in each ear. In her pocket was her iPokedex, which was playing a fast, upbeat jazz tune. Music helped to stimulate Courtney's brain. All this time she was thinking on what she was going to do next.

There was a nice breeze out today, and a slightly damp smell wafted into the girl's nose. Her bangs blew a bit in the process. It wasn't the salty ocean smell, it was damp like after a rain or like mist. Courtney sniffed. She knew that wasn't the normal scent of Port Barley. No, this was not the sea nor the mixed smells of the cargo being shipped in and out. It hadn't rained for a few days. That sniff picked up nothing, though. Courtney decided that it was just her imagination. Or maybe a Pokemon used Rain Dance somewhere nearby... she thought to herself.

The song was almost over and Courtney was still in this state of "Now what-ness" she had begun in. Then, she realized just as suddenly as the song loudly ended, that being a Pokemon Trainer might not be about "Now what?" but "What if?" Sure, she could wonder what she was going to do next all the time, not about if she should be a traineror co-ordinator, and not about if she should go get that badge now or go to this town instead of that. It was "What if?" What if she did choose Trainer over Co-ordinator? Would she be happy? She wouldn't know until she tried. What if she went to that town instead of that other option? Again, she wouldn't know until she tried. Maybe she would end up catching a cool new Pokemon in the first town, but maybe the other town had a special event going on? Like all else, she wouldn't know until she tried.

Courtney took out her earphones and stuffed them in her pocket. Then she grabbed her three Pokeballs and threw them to the ground, releasing a proud blue penguin, a shy yellow caterpillar wrapped up in leaves, and a loving white Pokemon with a green hat. These were her special three: Sapphire the Piplup, William the Sewaddle, and Wonder the Ralts. They weren't the best Pokemon a newbie trainer could ask for, but Courtney was determined to shape them up. Each had their own quirks: Sapphire was proud and loved fish, William was shy and skittish, and Wonder was a bit too attached to Courtney. They were all Courtney had Pokemon wise, as she had just started her journey moments ago. She was going to give them a bit of a pep talk.

The three Pokemon looked up at her. Sapphire gazed up with a bored look in her eyes, like she had other places to be. William's big eyes looked straight at her for a moment, then her jumped in fright as a passing ship honked in the distance. Wonder's eyes were partly covered, but they were staring upwords in delight. Courtney cleared her throught, and begun.

"As you might already know, we have begun this journey with uncertainty." Sapphired looked at William, as to say that she wasn't a part of this. "I had no idea about what to do, if you don't already know. Finally, I have come to a desision: we are going to do it all. Try a contest? Sure! Visit Starfall Field? Why not? Visit all the towns, no matter how dirty, old, or boring they are? Of course! And we are going to have fun, darn it!"

Courtney took a breath, and continued. "My goal is to get you guys all ready for future adventures now! We will stay here for as long as it takes, and I want to see some improvement! With you guys, I- no we can become great! This will be a long, hard road...." Courtney just ran out of things to say. She sighed and calmed
down, with all she had worked up over the last few sentences dying. "Oh.. Who am I kidding? Let's just have fun with this, 'kay?"

Wonder and William nodded and made a few small noises. Sapphire was no where to be seen at a first glance. Sapphire had ran away to a dock a bit away. The worst part was that it seemed pretty busy, with many people there. Courtney noticed.

"Oh shoot... C'mon, team! Our first training session is getting Sapphire back!" More noding, then they took off.

This post has been edited by DualPortal: Jun 7 2012, 08:40 PM

--------------------
Sig under renovation. AGAIN.

Song of the Week ~ Headphone Actor, Vocaloid IA

Spoiler (click to showhide)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

32Melody
post Jun 8 2012, 12:06 PM
Post #2

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Group Icon

Member No.: 146 115

My favs~

Stephanie Evans had just arrived in Port Barley by a ship, along with her two pokemon, Pichu and Sewaddle. Stephanie had a map in her hands, and was wandering around the place aimlessly, Pichu and Sewaddle following. She had no idea where to go or where to at least start. Stephanie was confused. "Where are we even going?" She asked her pokemon friends. They simply looked up at her cluelessly. Stephanie glanced up, and looked around. There was a weird scent in the air, unlike the ocean smell. Stephanie ignored this and continued to look around. People were walking around, some with pokemon, some without, she saw a pokemon battle going on, but what she needed at that moment was to sit down and take it all in. What caught her eye, though, was a small trail leading to a river. It was away from all the people, and it seemed like a perfect spot to sit down and relax. Smiling, Stephanie picked up her two pokemon friends and headed towards the river, the sound of the people fading.

Arriving, Stephanie plopped herself down and gently set Pichu and Sewaddle down as well. The river seemed to calm Stephanie down, as it reminded her of home- the place where she began her dream. Sewaddle and Pichu drank a bit out of the river, satisfying themselves. Stephanie looked out into the sky, where the clouds were quietly and slowly floating along. She remembered when she ran away- the bravest, but also the most dangerous thing she'd done yet.

(Flashback)

--

"But Mom, I promise, it wasn't me! I didn't do it!"
"Yes you did, I saw you with my own two eyes! Are you calling your own mother a liar? Some manners you have!"
"But it really wasn't me!"
"Don't talk back to me anymore, young lady! Go to your room, now!"

Stephanie slowly trudged back to her room, depressed and angry. She had a mix of feelings at the moment. Sometimes, no, she always hated her parents. Why didn't they understand that every single mistake that happened wasn't her fault? As she entered her room, she quiely shut the door behind her, locking it, but as soon as she did, she ran to her bed and threw herself on top of it. Then, without looking up, she reached for something under the bed, moving her hand around randomly until she found what she was looking for. Pulling them out, it was two pokeballs!

She sat up, then clicked them open. Out came her pokemon friends, Pichu and Sewaddle. They looked around, surprised to be in Stephanie's room instead of outside. "Listen," She told them as they looked at her, still surprised, "I can't stay here anymore. I'm going to run away, and you're coming with me. I don't wanna leave you here in a place like this. So while I pack my things, I want you to stay very, very quiet. Okay?" Stephanie told them in a hushed voice. They both nodded, understanding. Stephanie smiled gratefully at them, then got her backpack and emptied it out as quietly as she could, just enough clothes, her pokeballs that were currently vacant, some potions she bought when she first met Sewaddle, a jacket, and a small sleeping bag. They all barely fit, but it would work.

Stephanie zipped it up, then opened her window, not wanting to make any noise. "Here's the plan," she told her pokemon, "Sewaddle will use String Shot to lift my backpack on the ground quietly, then you two will jump out, and I'll follow. When we're all out and standing, I'll close the window, and then we'll run. Okay?" Pichu and Sewaddle nodded. The plan worked perfectly- her parents never suspected a thing.
--

Stephanie's thoughts were interrupted by a small noise heading towards them. The trio turned to see a small Piplup looking at the water, eyeing the fish. It seemed to have not noticed Stephanie and her 'crew'. Quietly and carefully, Stephanie walked towards it. "Hi there," She said gently. "Need some help catching a fish?" The Piplup only gave her a dirty look, but Stephanie just laughed. "We'll help you anyway. Sewaddle, can you use String Shot on that fish?" Sewaddle nodded and (after a few struggles) caught the fish successfully and dropped it in front of the Piplup. "We'll catch more if you want us to," Stephanie told it, "but for now, eat up~"

This post has been edited by 32Melody: Jun 8 2012, 12:10 PM

--------------------

^My shoppe, thanks to Draconian Emerald for userbar! We currently have 4 workers, come and take a look~!

Cassidy the Pichu. Credit's underneath~!

My PANE character, Stephanie Evans

I am... (click to show)

Stuff made for me(Credit, too!) (click to show)
+Quote Post

Actinium
post Jun 10 2012, 09:39 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

HG team~

Trying to catch up with Sapphire, Courtney realized she was the fastest one there. Wonder and William were a bit behind, and Sapphire wasn't going very fast. She could barely run anyway, her short legs barely keeping moving. She looked like she was going to fall off the docks... Then the Piplup made a sharp turn, heading to a small stream connected to the ocean. She dashed down the trail and ended up by the stream. Courtney decided to follow. Her Pokemon were doing great. They dashed down the trail and saw Sapphire with two other Pokemon and a young girl in shorts. Sapphire was munching on a fish.

"Sapphire! What was that all about anyway? Running away like that... You could of gotten lost! And now you're eating food from strangers? I'm sorry If I'm being harsh but... You can't do that!" exclaimed Courtney. "You just can't do that." Her anger changed to worry." Sapphire looked Courtney in the eye, and jumped into the water, going to escape by swimming. Courtney was quick and put her back in the Pokeball.

Wonder had her arms crossed and was looking at the Pokeball, and William was apparently scared of Courtney's yelling. His trainer picked him up. Courtney rubbed his head, carefully avoiding to bump the two lumps protruding from his head. Carefully lifting him up, Courtney touched the two lumps to her forehead. She had learned that from TV (she liked to watch the Pokemon Planet TV channel). William calmed down, and Courtney placed him onto the ground.

"Is that better, William?" He nodded. Then the Sewaddle walked over to the other Sewaddle that was by the girl and the Pichu.

Courtney walked over to the girl in shorts. She seemed to have a map. "Oh hello. Sorry 'bout that. That Piplup... She's been like that since I first caught her. Proud with a love for fish. I still wonder why she was here in the first place, during the warmer seasons." Courtney laughed a bit. "I'd say she hitched a ride on a fishing boat or something." She paused. "Anyway, I'm Courtney, new adventuring Pokemon Trainer." Eying the map, Courtney inferred that the girl was from out of town.

"You new to Barley?" she asked. "I've lived here my whole life, so I could lend a hand if you'd like." Courtney smiled warmly at the girl. She always loved helping newcomers to Barley and the rest of Furoh.

William poked the other Sewaddle shyly and then stepped back in case of a reaction. Wonder took a sip of the cool water running from the stream.

--------------------

+Quote Post

32Melody
post Jun 13 2012, 06:12 PM
Post #4

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Group Icon

My favs~

As Stephanie eagerly watched the Piplup munch on the fish(after a bit of hesitation), she heard running footsteps and turned. A girl who looked a little older than her was racing towards them with two smaller pokemon running behind her to keep up. Stephanie became alert, but she did not stand up because this girl didn't look like she had any bad intentions. Pichu and Sewaddle, however, got to their feet, but to all their surprise, the girl was heading towards the small Piplup. Appereantly, the Piplup was named Sapphire, and she had run away from her owner. Stephanie watched Sapphire's owner scold her for eating food from 'strangers' and escaping. Pichu still stood, suspicious of the newcomers, but Sewaddle was satisfied that the other trio wasn't after them. As the girl was scolding Sapphire, she seemingly jumped into the river to escape once more, but the girl was quick to put her back in her pokeball.

The girl walked over and introduced herself as Courtney, a new trainer. Stephanie smiled at her. "I'm Stephanie Evans- these are my two pokemon, Pichu and Sewaddle." When she heard she was also just starting out, she chuckled. "Actually, I am too! So I guess that makes two of us."

"Actually," Stephanie smiled, "We just got here on the last boat. So to answer your question, yes, I am new. So if it's okay, could you show me around?"

Pichu seemed interested in playing with Wonder, and bounced happily around her. Sewaddle stayed with William, and gently rubbed heads with William to show he wasn't afraid or dangerous.

[I'm sorry it's short- it's all I could think of. noes.gif]

--------------------

^My shoppe, thanks to Draconian Emerald for userbar! We currently have 4 workers, come and take a look~!

I am... (click to show)

+Quote Post

Actinium
post Jun 13 2012, 09:04 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

HG team~

Courtney nodded. "Yeah, it seems everyone's a trainer these days, so newbies are more common." Quickly glacing at Sapphire's Pokeball which was clipped to the Pokeball holder which was clipped to her belt. Sapphire was doing fine, her arms crossed. "Anyway, welcome to Port Barley!"

Her eyes darting over a map, Courtney pin-pointed where they were: a small park near the docks. She pointed to it, and started to give basic instructions to this new trainer named Stephanie.

"Well, we're here at this park. The nearest Pokemon Center, which is a good place to start," Courtney directed, her index finger moving to where the Center was, "is over here. Knowing the ocean is in the west, the Pokemon Center would be about..." Courtney paused to figure out the direction. After a few seconds, she pointed north. "...That way."

William slightly smiled at the other Sewaddle, but kept about a foot distance from him. "Sewaa..?" he curiously cooed. He was warming up to him pretty well, though.

As for Wonder, she was perfectly content playing with the Pichu, though she'd look back at Wonder every once in a while.

As for Sapphire, she was sitting in her Pokeball, eyes closed, flippers crossed, and beak in as close as a pout as it could get. She wanted out.

"Want to go to the Pokemon Center right now?" Courtney asked Stephanie. "I don't know how long of a journey your boat ride was, but its always good to rest up."

This post has been edited by DualPortal: Jun 14 2012, 02:15 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

32Melody
post Jun 14 2012, 01:54 PM
Post #6

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Group Icon

My favs~

[William. William. Stop being adorable ahhhhhh]

"Thanks!" Stephanie smiled brightly. "I really like Port Barley so far, it's so lively and cheerful, by the looks of it. She was being truthful- Port Barley seemed like a cheerful, active place to be.

By now, Stephanie was standing up and looking at her own map as Courtney gave her instructions to where the Pokemon Center was. "How far is it from here?" Stephanie asked. Like it was said earlier, Stephanie was tired from all the traveling. She just wanted to rest with her friends, her feet were tired as well.

Sewaddle seemed interested in becoming friends with William, so to make a 'peace' offering, Sewaddle wandered to a couple of nearby Oran Berrys that had seemingly fallen out of the tree beside them. Grabbing it with his teeth, he returned to William, dropped one in front of him, then dropped the other in front of himself. "Sewa~" He said, smiling.

Pichu was having a nice time with Wonder. She seemed delighted at the thought of a new friend. "Pi chuuuu~?" She seemed to be asking Wonder what did she want to play.

"That sounds like a good idea to me," Stephanie agreed, "but I wonder if my feet will last the way there?" She laughed. "The boat trip was long enough, at the most a day." Stephanie said.

--------------------

I am... (click to show)

+Quote Post

Actinium
post Jun 14 2012, 02:34 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

HG team~

(William can't stop being adorable, it's in his DNA... I think)

"Oh, to get there you just need to go back onto the Boardwalk and go down it. It's a bit far, but it usually isn't very crowded. Now, there are a few stands along the boardwalk selling some refreshments..."Digging into her jean pockets, Courtney pulled out a few dollars. "I'll pay, if you'd like. I've walked to the Boardwalk multiple times over the years. There's this one stand that serves the best frozen treats and cold drinks ever! It's on our way, if you'd like to stop by."

William, after seeing the nice offering Stephanie's Sewaddle had given him, figured out that he was no threat. He picked up the Oran and took multiple small bites. He didn't eat it all, though. Instead, he took a rock, covered it in silk with a String Shot, and tried to take the rock out. He couldn't. He tried again,
this time instead of using a rock as a base, he just covered the berry with it and used that to keep it instead of taking the rock out of the original string bowl. Then he stuck it onto his back. It stuck pretty good and he smiled to himself for his craftsmonship.

As for Wonder, she saw the string on the rock. The Ralts picked it up and spread the string around, completely covering it. She knocked it against her hand a few times to test it's softness, though it was kind of sticky. "Rall," Wonder replied, which meant catch. She was ready to throw the covered rock.

Courtney looked at Sapphire's Pokeball again. She was planning to throw her back out soon. Still, she was worried the Piplup would run off again and another chase would begin. The damp smell was back but with added sweetness. Courtney figured it was the river and the plants, as she had never really been in this area before.

(If anyone asks, Craftsmonship is not misspelled. It is that William isn't a man, but a Pokemon)

--------------------

+Quote Post

32Melody
post Jun 27 2012, 06:42 PM
Post #8

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Group Icon

My favs~

[ /dies of adorableness ]

"Ooh," Stephanie perked up when she heard 'refreshments', "Umm, let me check how much money I have," Stephanie said, digging into her backpack, pulling out her wallet. But when she checked it, it was empty! "Oops," She said. Putting it back, she smiled a bit at Courtney. "I guess you'll have to pay." Stephanie said, putting her wallet back where it was. "I'm broke." She zipped her backpack shut and smiled guiltily at Courtney. "Sorry!" Stephanie threw her backpack over her shoulder. "So, where is it again?"

Pichu nodded and held her little paws(?) out, ready to catch the small, sticky, ball. She looked determined to catch it, as her eyes were focused on the rock. "Chuuu~(I'm ready~)" She said, smiling at Wonder.

Sewaddle looked impressed at what William had made, but he had no idea what it was. "Sewa?" He gently poked it with his forehead to see if it was dangerous. When he saw it wasn't, he looked at William. "Sewaddle? (What is it?)"

[Sorry for wimpy post. OTL]

This post has been edited by 32Melody: Jun 28 2012, 01:21 PM

--------------------

I am... (click to show)

+Quote Post

Actinium
post Jun 27 2012, 07:20 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

HG team~

(you got some spelling mistakes. Might wanna fix those, Melody. :P)

Courtney frowned. She pulled out her wallet and took out a few dollars and handed them the Stephanie. "It's not much, but will it work for now?" she asked her. "Anyway, we should get going. The shop's name is 'Vanilite's Frozen Delights'. It's called that because their ice cream and ice is supplied by Vanilite... No worries, though. They give their ice cream willingly. I'm ready when you are."

Wonder nodded and gave the soft rock a light toss, the sticky string sticking a bit to her hands. It wasn't her best toss, but she helped it along a bit with Confusion, making it go a little higher. She hoped she didn't set the Pichu off.

William turned his back to the other Sewaddle and looked behind him, back at him. "Sewa. Wa?" he said quietly, which in Pokespeak meant "it's my berry, all wrapped up for easy travel. Do you like it?"

(Vanilite's Frozen Delights... Memories.... Oh and sorry for taking so long for a short post. Got distracted putting in a capture request.)

--------------------

+Quote Post

32Melody
post Jun 28 2012, 01:39 PM
Post #10

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Group Icon

My favs~

[Thanks. C: I think I got most of 'em.]

"I hope I'm not being a bother," Stephanie said, taking the money Courtney offered, "I'll make it up to you somehow." As Courtney began to explain to her where and what the ice cream shop was, they began walking. Stephanie had no dea where it was, so she walked beside Courtney. " 'Vanilite's Frozen Delights', huh.. I've never heard of it before. Is it new?" Stephanie noticed Pichu and Sewaddle did not seem to notice that it was time to go. "Hey, you four," Stephanie grinned to both her pokemon and Courtney's, "Time to go~!"

Pichu, after a bit of stepping back caught it successfully. "Piii~(Yaaaay~)" She gave a little cheer, but was interrupted by her trainer. "Pi.. chu! (Here..goes!)" With a bit of determination, she threw the rock back at Wonder.

Sewaddle grinned. "Sewaddle, sewaa!( I think it looks great!)" Sewaddle poked it gently again as they began walking behind their trainer's. "Sewaaa, sewaddle?(How're you gonna get it out of there?)" Sewaddle looked a bit confused.

[Hm.. that was from our rp together, right? I'm gonna look at it again.. maybe revive it. Maaaaayyyybeeee.]

--------------------

I am... (click to show)

+Quote Post

Actinium
post Jun 30 2012, 09:19 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

HG team~

(you go girl, you do that! Also, I've sent out a capture request so the next few posts'll probably make a bit more sense)

Courtney, before they started walking, signaled her Pokemon to follow, giving William plenty of time to think about how he was going to get it off his back. Shooting a string at Courtney's backpack, he pulled himself in close and started climbing up his trainer's back onto her right shoulder. Courtney looked at him and smiled, as this was rather normal for him.

Wonder took a few steps backwards in an attempt to catch the rock, but ended up missing as she was not very coordinated. Wonder looked up when she saw Courtney get up. "Ral." she said, which meant "We should get going"

While walking, Courtney heard Stephanie ask her a question. Answering, Courtney said "Oh, its a couple years old. I remember when the stand was first ran. The Vanilite along with its trainer was very little. You could taste the improvement. Now its fully evolved. The two trainers that work there arecurrently working on training a new pair. I think the two of them are cute. They even have matching names: Icy and Creamy." Courtney noted how they were making progess, and saw the other Pokemon behind them. "Icy and Creamy aren't the best at making Ice Cream, so if you want their ice cream, you won't have to pay as much. Still, the Vanilluxe 's ice cream is much better. I'll let you decide which kind you want."

Courtney looked and saw they were nearly there. They were on the boardwalk, and the stand was in sight. It seemed like there was something small and white coming near them. After closer inspection, it was a Vanillite. It had a mint green scarf around its crystal cone, showing that it was Creamy. Courtney looked over at the stand and saw that one of the trainers, a young redhead in a pink and white striped shirt was chasing after it, but Creamy seemed to have had a head start. It glided down the boardwalk in a fast manner, like it was escaping.

"Stephanie... That's Creamy over there," said Courtney pointing to her. "Gimme a second and I'll get her." Looking back at William, Courtney knew she'd need his help.

"william, think your up to stopping the Vanillite over there?" she asked him. William hesitated, but then nodded, He jumped to the ground and shot a string at the approaching Vanillite. He hesitated again before he shot it, and ended up just missing by a few inches. He got the run away Vanillite's attention at the same time.

"Try again with your string shot, William!" Courtney called out.

"Sewa!" he called back. William shot another beam of silk and almost hit Creamy, but she dodged.

Courtney had to think fast, but without much practice, it was hard. She surveyed her surroundings and saw something that might just do the trick,

"William, string shot that post over there!" Courtney called, pointing to the top of a support post. William spotted it and shot it, creating sort of a barrier. Creamy couldn't stop herself quick enough and got stuck. In an attempt to get out, she turned backward and took the whole string with her, though now William who had broken the string so he wouldn't. Some of the silk stuck to the Vanilite's base and it was slowed down, giving Courtney a chance to grab it.

It was cold to the touch. Very cold. Courtney wanted to just place it back on the ground but then it would run again. She did her best to hold Creamy and not get her fingers numb too. Her gloves were helping, but not the fact that they were fingerless.

"Ermm... Good job William!" said Courtney to her Sewaddle. Courtney wondered what was on his back. It looked like a berry of some sort wrapped in string. "Can I have that thing on your back, William?" William looked at the berry, then at Courtney and back again. He made Lilipup eyes at her.

".......No William. That doesn't have any effect on me. Besides, I only need a little of it."

William started to shake a bit, trying to get it off. "Sewaa..." he said, which meant "Little help here guys?"

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:11 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.