Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
In the Shadows, Y'all gonna get BIT!
Kamaitachi
post Nov 1 2012, 11:52 PM
Post #41

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

Darryn did not seem all that happy to have the company of Branwys and Cesc, which put the latter ill at ease. He knew that the team was a bit rag-tag, but he'd shared two solid adventures with Branwys and had no qualms placing his trust in her. Instead of showing any sign of relief, the other co-ordinator merely muttered unintelligbly to his Vulpix, who responded in her warm, almost chiming tones.

Following Darryn's gaze, Cesc noticed the herd of deer-like pokemon. Those probably weren't "Carnivine", as pokemon names were usually pretty indicitive of the species. The deer-like pokemon probably had a deer-related name, so it remained painfully obvious that those were not the culprits.

He cast his glance over his makeshift teammates, noting that they had a wonderous type advantage in what was certain to be a series of battles. With Tybalt behind with Lyla, Cesc had a fire-type, a bug/flying type, and an ice/dark type, which gave him an excellent offensive advantage over the grass types they'd be facing. Darryn had a Squirtle with ice type attacks, and the fire-type Vulpix present. The Jolteon and Cleffa were notably absent, which left at least two more pokemon, judging by the number of pokeballs Cesc had noted earlier. Tinka was Branwys' only remaining pokemon, considering the absence of Dimo, but her defenses were solid, and she was a steel type to boot. It looked like their strategy would probably rely of an offensive-defensive and keeping the impending swarm (or so Cesc imagined) at bay.

Darryn wordlessly headed off into the forest. Fighting hard not to roll his eyes at the anti-social attitude, Cesc reminded himself that two of the man's pokemon were in danger of being eaten, which afforded him the lack of cordiality in the situation. He followed wordlessly after, in turn, keeping his eyes peeled for any Pokemon that stood out in the forest.

"Branny, got any amazing gadgets for locating lost pokemon...like a Dimo-Beacon or a Jolteon-Magnet?" His attempt at humour fell flat on his face as he found himself fervently wishing that Branwys did indeed possess the aforementioned gizmos. "At this point, even a magic Eight Ball would be nice."

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Dec 19 2012, 05:17 PM
Post #42

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

"No, Cesc," Branwys replied, distracted. "Dimo's my amazing finder..."

Branwys followed sedately. She could feel herself relaxing, even though she hadn't felt tense that she was aware of. SHe did recognize that the pervading feeling of annoyance was slowly ebbing, but she believed that was because she was doing something rather than sitting on her duff.

Still, vague feelings taunted her. Had she been annoyed? Had she been mad? At Cesc?! Had she not given her other companions the benefit of the doubt? That wasn't like her. That was the opposite of like her.

She had sent Dimo away, before she'd realized what a horrible situation she had sent him out into. That was enough to make her cranky, but... why hadn't she run out? Called for him back? Even sent Tinka to retrieve him?

Well, she had had something to prove. She was proud of Dimo's ability to find anything, anywhere, at any time for any reason. And when she realized, she could feel the sparking taste of true fear on her tongue... but there was something else.

She had been short with Cesc, or at least been snide in her head at him. This would not have been a cause for alarm, except that he hadn't really done anything to provoke that. Yes, she had been worried, and shocked. Yes, that made people irritable (and being of both German and Scottish decent didn't exactly help in that circumstance), but she, Branwys Muphenz, had never been snarly, even in the worst times of being called a child.

She just wasn't that kind of woman.

She reached for Cesc's hand just as they began to enter the wooded area around the nursery. A tug and a surprised "Klink!" stopped her. Branwys stopped, keeping an eye on Cesc, who, possibly put off by her sullen demeanor earlier, or simply wary of where he was going (who wouldn't be? That was part of why she stopped instead of walking and working!), kept walking. It was all right. He wouldn't get far.

Branwys took a quick survey. A thick green branch had nearly pulled Tinka off of the bracket on her bag. "It's OK, sweety," Branwys said, patting Tinka's two noses. "I'll just set the safety lock so that you're not pulled away."

"Klink!"

Branwys giggled. "Don't be silly! Of course I'm not locking you down for good. As soon as I need you, I'll unlock you! I promise!" Branwys had designed a simple lever to lock Tinka in place, which was useful since, being small and tending to squeeze into places with her bag, it kept Tinka from being lost. Tinka didn't seem to like it, but she never denied Branwys the ability to use it. Branwys had purposely made it easy to manuever, a simple lever lock, and practiced unlocking it quickly before she even used it in public.

The locks slid into place, but when Branwys looked up, Cesc and Darryn were disappearing into the shadows. She reached into her bag for the large flashlight she had brought from the lab. Unfortunately, it was the heaviest thing in her bag, and her small arms couldn't reach it.

She set the bag down on the ground, opening it wide and reaching in. Her fingers curled around the flashlight.l

That was when she felt the vine.

With a mighty tug, she was pulled off her feet. Her hand reflexively tightened around the flashlight, but she landed on her chest, knocking the wind out of her. More vines snaked up her body, wrapping around her arms and torso. She began to struggle, pushing herself up, and took a deep breath, but a vine snaked around her face, covering her mouth and muffling the scream.

She scrabbled forward with her free hand, reaching for the bag, trying desperately to reach the locking lever and set Tinka free to help her, or get help, or anything. Tinka began to klink frantically.

Just as Branwys' fingers brushed against the lever, pushing it half way open, she was yanked back.

She clawed at the ground with her free hand, pulling, breaking a nail, but soon that hand was yanked back and she was dragged, screaming against the vine covering her mouth, deep into the dark woods, away from where Cesc and Darryn had entered.

Tinka strained against the bracket, trying to rise despite the weight of the bag. The bag heaved up, then fell down, like a dying person's last breath, again and again as Tinka struggled, klinking madly all the while, sounding like a loose, spinning ratchet.

The bag heaved again, staying up, twisting from side to side, but eventually fell. The clearing fell silent again, with nothing but the rustling of leaves.

And the periodic klinking of a pokemon unable to help her... its... trainer.

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Dec 21 2012, 03:28 PM
Post #43

Team Rogue: Pidgeotto
Group Icon

Member No.: 814

PANE: Darryn Kellor

“Anything?” Darryn asked Lady as she lifted her nose from the ground. Her flat stare would have been enough but she supplemented it with a shake of her head all the same. No sign of Lima or Romeo. They had found no trace of the missing Pokemon beyond the treeline and the sun had fallen beyond sight, the final remnants of its glory casting long orange shadows across the leaf litter under the trainer’s feet.

Darryn’s thoughts continued to grow ever more desperate as the realisation that they might not find his Pokemon became frighteningly clear in his mind.

*Well, at least I’ll be joining them in some Carnivine’s belly…* He thought darkly to himself as Lady made to move onwards. Darryn sighed. The woods were simply too extensive to search on foot. With the diminishing light and lack of direction the hope he had for finding Lima and Romeo was being rapidly crushed under the feeling of woe in his belly.

“Um, guys?” Darryn turned back to Cesc and Branwys who had been following close behind him. Only Cesc was there, Branwys presumably not far behind. “Do you have any flying-type Pokemon that could help us to search?” The answer from Cesc was no. Darryn inwardly cursed. He really didn’t want to send another of his Pokemon off on their own again but taking to the air with Bravo, his Pidgeot, would mean leaving Lady and her nose on the ground.

*He’ll be fine if he stays high in the air.*

“Branwys?” Darryn peered through the foliage behind them. “Where is she?” He asked Cesc, already opening up his Empathy to feel her presence. Even as Cesc began to look around and form his own discovery, Darryn’s eyes slammed wide open.

<Lady! Lady come quick!> Obviously, no response.

“Lady!” In a flash of crimson fur, the Vulpix was by his side. The alarm in his voice was obvious but only he could feel the crushing emotion of fear and alarm coming from the meadow where a small Pokemon remained on his radar. Branwys’ bubble of emotions was nowhere to be found. He looked to Cesc. “I don’t think Branwys is safe, Cesc.” He admitted gravely, fear gurgling in his throat. “None of us are.”

“Nnngh…” Romeo’s eyes flickered open, the dim light around him causing some momentary confusion. Hadn’t it just been daytime a moment ago? And hadn’t his head hurt a lot less that this!? “Owwie…” He rolled sideways to take in more of his woody surroundings.

He was still in the forest, that much was certain. The scent of the earth and leaves under him was the same as before and there wasn’t a sound of a road or human chatter. The smell of other Pokemon was nearby and there was muttering… Two voices…

“’Ello?” He panted, leaning up onto his elbows and looking around in the near-dark. His large ears tilted this way and that, a sting of pain arising from the left, as he tried to pinpoint where the noises were coming from. “’Ello?!”

--------------------
Darryn Kellor ~ ~ PANE Moderator ~ ~ Lori Pardare
PANE Characters (click to show)
LA's Plays (click to show)

Unovalocke (click to show)
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Dec 22 2012, 12:35 AM
Post #44

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Not only did Cesc's vain attempt at humour flop in cheering himself up, it also managed to fail and bringing Branwys into the conversation. Feeling a bit glum, he simply sank into his stride, letting Branwys alone to her stewing. She was rightfully worried about Dimo, and since Dimo was her amazing finder, it made the situation a bit of a conundrum. Dimo could not find Dimo for Branwys if Dimo was not present.

As they continued to scan the forest floor, Cesc began to grow increasingly despaired as he saw no signs of a Cleffa, Jolteon or Cubone. In fact, there were very few signs of any pokemon at all. Slightly in front of him, Darryn seemed to likewise grow more and more frazzled.

As Darryn asked if Cesc had any flying pokemon, Cesc wondered for a moment whether or not Bardolph, his Scyther, counted. Despite the wings, Bardolph was not much of a flyer. Then Darryn pointed out that Branwys was...absent.

"Oh mierda" The young man grasped his chest as a gasp rushed from his mouth. He had charged himself with protecting Branwys, and he'd failed magnificently at that. Branwys had disappeared.

"I'm doubling back." Cesc declared. "If we can track her, then we can find the monsters that took everyone right?" It sounded like the more noble answer, even though Branwys had now taken precedence over Dimo, Lima and Romeo. Not because she was a human and they were pokemon, but rather because he didn't want to sleep with a baby, dog or dinosaur with his mother's skull on his head.

"Oberon" Discarding all pomp and circumstance, he simply summoned his weakened Sneasel to the field. The dark weasel looked up at him, weakness still lingering in his eyes from the battle with Victor from earlier. "I know you're tired, but hang in there. Let's find Branwys."

Hearing the slight note of desperation, Oberon nodded gravely and immediately moved in to action. His keen nose might not have detected any traces of Branwys herself, but something that smelled suspiciously like her and metal was not too far back. He indicated with a wicked claw precisely back in the direction from which Cesc and Darryn had come from. Cesc found himself slightly annoyed, though, because that's where he had aimed to go initially. But, since his instructions had been so terse and short, he silently forgave his Pokemon for not being entirely up to speed.

"Alright buddy, lead the way." With his hand resting inside his vest on the pokeballs for Valentine and Bardolph, Cesc pressed valiantly backwards.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jan 8 2013, 02:24 AM
Post #45

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

<'Ello?>

<He is avake.> The voice was muffled, more than likely by food. The second voice was similarly altered, but more as if something were hanging out of it.

<Yeah. Lucky him.>

Two forms stepped out of the shadows, or, rather, out of the deeper shadows, resolving into the cubone, Dimo, and his companion, a scruffy looking scraggy with his tongue hanging out. Dimo looked down at the jolteon, tilting his head. The plume on the back of his ersatz helmet was tattered and fraye,d and there were new scratches around the eye socket, but his eyes were clear, even friendly, as he lay some large herbs and berries down. The scraggy was ragged, but had not taken damage in the fight. His large eyes were wary, with a fire behind them, having been long practiced at hiding any fear or possible insanity behind a veneer of apathy. This veneer was, however, marred by the scrafty's tongue hanging out of his mouth, and the wrinkles around his eyes as he tried not to wince.

<Eet op, poopy doc,> Dimo said softly. <Ve hont.> His eyes and voice took on a much harsher, rougher tone, and there was an indication of sharp teeth showing through a slasher grin.

<What's a poopy doc?> Romeo wondered aloud, sniffing the berries and herbs. They certainly didn't smell inviting.

<Don't do it, kid, it's a trap. Those berries are bitter as hell!>

<Vhot?> The roughness was completely gone now. <Dot's crezy talk! Dose berries is just fine! Unt dey will mek hyu stronk! Heel hyu ride op!>

<Yer crazy,> the scraggy muttered, then stretched. <OK, then. I'm going to head out.>

<Vhere do hyu tink hyu is going,> Dimo said, quietly. Some of the snarl had returned to his voice, but, unlike other possible pokemon, the scraggy simply sneered.

<Away from here. I keep tellin' you, it's your funeral. Don't mean I want it to be mine.>

Dimo growled. <Hyes? How hyu gon' get through dem beasties again? Hy'm goin' dis way, and I'm sure da poopy vill go vit me to find his guy.>

Romeo's head tilted to the right, wondering, still, what a poopy was.

<Ain't my problem,> the scraggy sneered. Dimo looked at him, then smiled behind his helmet. It wasn't visible. But it was felt. The scraggy's shoulder's shuddered.

<Hyu seem like a schmott guy,> Dimo started, leaning on the large wooden stick that had taken the place of his broken bone club. <End hy can tell, hyu is a hongry guy, too. Hyu fell on dem berries we fount like dey vos the sveetest berries hyu could find!> Dimo laughed lightly, ignoiring the confused look of the scraggy, who in turn was wondering how the cubone knew he preferred sweet berries. <Vhot if I tol' hyu dot hy know a place where hyu could get all de food hyu could eat, unt haff trainink, unt somevun vit vich to heng oot?>

The scraggy's eyes narrowed dangerously. Ponderously, as it took a while for the lids to slide across their massive expanse slowly enough to know it was displeasure and not a mere blink, but still dangerously. Dimo simply grinned, a grin that the scraggy could see in his voice.

<How?> The scraggy was suspicious, and those suspicions were confirmed with Dimo's next words.

<Da gorl. Hyu get cawt by da gorl. Unt den, hyu only go into a pookybool when she isn't allowt to haff hyu oot.>

THe scraggy's suspicions were confirmed, but he was still tempted. Finally he kicked the ground. <Fine, fine, lead the way, Magellan!>

<Who?>

<Shaddup.>

The small form rolled over, with a groan. Raising on a short pair of arms, the figure winced. She looked down, seeing the long, shallow scratches on her forearms. If they had bled, the bleeding had stopped long ago.

She rose up, looking around. One sie of her mid-back length blonde hair was done up in a ponytail, but the other side hung loose, even tangled,. There was a similar long gash on her cheek, but it was only a red welt, and nor a scrap.

Suddenly, her lethargic motions stopped, and she froze in place, looking around. Her eyes were wide, and she looked around, slowly.

She was in the open, a small clearing. There was a lot of debris, mostly spoiling vegetation, but no movement.

Strike that. With a twitch, her face turned at a small movement to her left. She swallowed, watching. Waiting.

Anticipating.

Slowly, a small, pink shape moved from behind a lump. The girl blinked. It was...

It was a cleffa...

The girl stood, slowly, approaching carefully. She blinked. This is what Darryn was looking for, wasn't it?

"Hello," the girl said. "I'm Branwys. I think we've been looking for you."

A groan caused her to squeak. She grabbed onto the cleffa and backed away, and scrambled back. The cleffa struggled a bit, pointing and trying to get out of Branwys' arms.

Branwys looked down and stepped toward the mounds. Leaning down, she wiped away some of the leaves.

A man's face was revealed, and Branwys gasped. Shifting leaves away on the other mound, she managed to reveal the entire upper torso of of a woman.

And the most surprising thing was revealed a moment later, when both of them breathed.

"You're... alive..."

Back in the clearing where Branwys was attacked, a lone bag lay. On that bag, lay a pair of gears. A pair of gears with four eyes, two mouths, and two dome-like noses.

The gears rotated, steadily. The two eyes, one on each gear, that were not in the shape of an X, were dull. Lifeless, yet in a way that seemed to affirm that life was once in them.

The gears rotated again. A regular motion.

"Klink."

"Klink."

"Klink."

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jan 10 2013, 12:49 PM
Post #46

Group Icon

“There!” Darryn pointed to a small pack that Branwys had been carrying, lying face-down in the sparse grass. His exclaimation really wasn’t required since it was quite obvious to all present that the bag was the only thing in the clearing butm in all honesty, it wasn’t the bag he was pointing at. His Empathy told him that a small Pokemon was underneath that bag and that its diminuative emotive bubble of regret and desperation was what had led him there.

Lady rushed to the bag, sniffing it lightly as Cesc picked it up and turned it over. She waved her tails haughtily and returned to Darryn at a trot, keeping her head high and her ears pricked.

“Can you find Branwys’s scent?” Darryn asked her hopefully, grateful that his response was a firm nod. Darryn looked to Cesc, finding him examining a metal pair of disks, no, cogs, that had been attached to the bag. Upon closer inspection… A faint glow was coming off of the thing in Cesc’s hand. “Who’s that Pokemon?” Darryn asked himself, flipping open his Pokedex.

[Klink. The Gear Pokemon. Interlocking two bodies and spinning around generates the energy they need to live.]

Darryn gave a little gulp. Judging from the slow speed with which those particular cogs were moving, there wouldn’t be much “life” in them at the moment. Maybe the same could be said of Romeo, little Lima and Branwys…

“Lady’s got her scent,” Darryn pointed into the trees where the Vulpix indicated, “we should go that way to find her.”

*And hopefully find Romeo and Lima, too!*

Unnoticed in the shadows at the edge of the clearing, vines began to stir…

Lima had been on quite the adventure since that snakey, slippery, tricky, fumbly, tumbly vine had snagged her out of the meadow. At first she had been scared because that thing had just grabbed her and taken her without warning, then it was fun because she got to go on a brilliantly rolly ride through the woods! But that ride was sorta lame because it just put her in a boring old clearing in the forest. Then she got hungry because she didn’t have any food with her and then she got cold because the sun started to go down.

And then? Well, then she found the two humans.

“Cleff?” Lima prodded the woman’s face. She didn’t make any response although breath did still pass in and out of her nostrils. “Fa fa?”

Lima frowned and looked about her. There was no way she was sticking around in this forest where there were no eats and treats to be gained. Saluting a farewell to the unconscious man and woman, Lima strolled out of the clearing and- WHAP!

“Cleffaaa!” Lima wailed, the vine striking her boldly in the chest. With a tumble and a bounce, Lima was returned to the centre of the clearing with tears in her eyes.

“Fa…fa…” The little Cleffa panted as she rubbed the sore spot on her chest. Whatever that had been, she wasn’t too young to realise that it didn’t want her to leave the clearing. Only time would tell what was out there, keeping her in, but until it decided to show itself, Lima intended on at least getting warm.

“Cleh cleh!” She waggled her fingers, summoning up the power of her Magical Leaf to gather what foliage she could into a swirling storm of leaves. Plopping herself inbetween the two sleeping humans, Lima dropped the greenery on top of herself and them, giving them all a cosy leafy blanket to sleep under.

It was the sound of snapping twigs that announced the mini human’s arrival and it was then that Cleffa knew Darryn and help must be on the way!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jan 10 2013, 03:21 PM
Post #47

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

"Mierda" Cesc muttered to himself as he picked up the small pack. Turning it over, his heart sank as he saw Tinka still attached. If the Carnivine had nabbed Branwys, she hadn't even had the chance to fight back. He'd been walking so briskly that he hadn't even noticed them whisk her away. Some knight he was.

Detaching the Gear Pokemon from her spot on Branwys' bag, Cesc held her for a moment in the flat of his palm, giving her plenty of room to continue rotating.

"It's okay, Tinka. I've got you." Cesc smiled down at the little x's for eyes.

He looked up as Darryn pointed the direction of Branwys' scent and nodded. Oberon, too, seemed eager to head in the same direction, meaning both of their trackers had the same scent, at least. As he looked down at his pokemon friend, he noted that the weasel seemed preoccupied, looking in a completely different direction. A twitch of his ears indicated that the Sneasel had heard something. A quick sniff at the air caused Oberon's ears to flatten. The Pokemon dropped into a crouch, letting out a low hiss as he readied himself.

"Darryn, danger-"

Before Cesc could finish his poorly constructed sentence, a vine lashed out from the woods, striking Oberon square in the chest. The ice weasel screeched in pain as he found himself bodily lifted from the ground. He landed on the ground a few feet back, and rolled before coming to a halt at Darryn's feet, where he continued to lay, stunned.

Instinctively, Cesc flipped a pokeball from his belt to the floor, like he was spinning a yo-yo at his side. As the next set of vines flashed out from the edge of the woods, they were met with the gleaming sickle blades of Bardolph, Cesc's Scyther. The vines, presumably from a Carnivine, retreated into the underbrush and were still. As Bardolph stood stock still, his eyes scanning the darkening woods, Cesc turned and moved over to Darryn and Lady, stooping down next to his fallen friend.

"Hey, hey. It's okay buddy, you can rest for a bit." The Sneasel seemed to protest, shaking his head, but Cesc gently shushed his friend before recalling him into the pokeball.

As he reared back up to his full height, he met Darryn's gaze.

"Looks like they found us." he sighed, as if that clearly hadn't been part of his plan. "We'd better find everyone, and fast. Can you lead the way?"

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jan 17 2013, 10:44 PM
Post #48

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Branwys quickly took stock of her situation. Seeing living, breathing people in the same predicament as she was galvanized her into action the way that nothing else could have. First, she took stock of her clothing. Her shirt was ripped; one long gash up the side, with a corresponding red welt on her skin. Other tears were stress tears, and one, if not for her bra, would have made it embarrassing for her to walk around in public. If not for the dire situation, she wouldn't have attempted it, bra or no. She peeled the shirt off, feeling a wet sting as it pulled away from a small spot on her back. With a twist, she wrapped it around her rib cage, giving her a little more modesty, and leaving her arms free to move.

The pants, too, were a lost cause, but less dire than the shirt had been. One leg hung in tatters at the cuff, the other was more or less intact. Branwys took advantage of a large tear at her mid-thigh and pulled the pant leg free. There was a small cut near her scalp, and she tore a strip from the cloth she had liberated, tying the black fabric around her head like a headband, covering the gash. It stung, briefly, but if it opened, it wouldn't immediately gush into her eye.

She looked around the clearing. A squeeze of panic made her heart throb, but memory returned: She had lost her bag when she'd been dragged away. No bag meant no tools, and even worse, no Tinka. She had no pokemon, and her resolve began to flag.

She wearily kept looking, however. Hopefully there was a large branch, a stone, something to use as a weapon when they came back for the humans and pokemon.

She looked over at the humans and dared to hope. Could these be..? The thought, that a happy ending could still come out of this, brought terror in its wake: If they were alive, all of them, then why? Was this some kind of larder? A store for winter?

Could she be in the Devil Vine's own pantry?

She walked back, and her toe hit something hard, nearly causing her to fall. Rather than be angry or embarrassed, she searched, quickly. There, on the ground, covered by a few leaves, gleamed the black metallic surface of the large flashlight she had managed to pull out of her bag before the vines had dragged her off.

It would have to do.

Over by the unconscious humans, Branwys found another potential weapon, a stick that would have looked pathetic in Cesc or Darryn's hands, but in hers managed to look menacing. It had a decent heft to it as well, not dry or brittle.

The cleffa stood by the humans. She had possibly done her own thing, or possibly kept watch over the couple. Maybe she'd even tried to get Branwys' attention. Branwys knew from experience, sometimes if she focused, it took a thwack or two from Dimo to get her attention.

Thinking of Dimo brought a thick lump into her throat. She looked at the cleffa and smiled softly. "There's going to be trouble, sweety," she said, her voice rough. "I can't ask you to fight, but I'm not going to make the mistake of thinking you can't just because you're tiny, either. Believe me," she laughed softly, indicating herself, "I know what that's like. But it's going to be tough. If you don't want to, well, that's OK, too, OK?"

A rustle came from the edge of the clearing, sooner and closer to where she sat than she expected. She stood, brandishing her makeshift club and flashlight, and snarled. The snarl went slack, however, when she saw what was coming into the clearing.

*~*~*~*~*

<Yer goin' the wrong way, buddy...>

Dimo plodded on ahead, ignoring the scraggy, which rolled its gigantic eyes. <The exit is this way.>

<Not goink to de exit,> Dimo growled. The scraggy huffed, looking back at the jolteon following them and rolling his eyes.

<You get this guy?>

<Your eyes are Huuuuuuuge!>

<Brother...>

<Da gorl is dis vey,> Dimo continued.

<Yeah?> The scraggy smirked. [color="#F4CA70"]<How do you figger?>

Dimo looked over his shoulder. <Hy can feel it. In my goot.>

The scraggy nodded, the smirk not leaving his face. <Yeah? Yanno what else you can feel in your gut that isn't a good thing?>

<Hy tol' hyu, she vill haff de food.>

<THAT'S NOT WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!> In a swift motion, the scraggy stepped in front of Dimo, facing him, and stopped. Dimo stopped short just as their chests touched, and they stood, nose to mouth, beady eyes looking into wide. <Those things are monsters, get me? They will grab you, eat you, and then come back for the jolteon as dessert!>

<Nuh-uh, I'm too fast!>

<Nobody asked you!> The scraggy was breathing heavily. <So you tell me, Bonehead, what makes you think that you're going the right way, or so help me I will turn around and I am OUT of here!>

Dimo glared into his eyes, then pointed to his nose. <Dis is better dan it looks, ja? Unt hy alvays know where da gorl is. Now, hyu vant to go, hyu go. But goot lucks finding somtink to eat ven hyu get dere.>

Dimo shoved past him, leaving the scraggy fuming. Romeo stepped up next to him, looking at the scraggy with interest. Finally, the fighting type looked, snarling, <What?!>

<Your mouth is huge, too!>

The scraggy snarled, pulled at the saggy, bottom folds of its skin, and chased after Dimo, muttering to himself about stupid wannabe fossils and ditzy mutts.

Both Romeo and the scraggy were surprised to see Dimo, pushing back a bush into a clearing, staring at a small girl brandishing a stick and a flashlight.

"DIMO!"

Branwys rushed forward and threw her arms around Dimo's skull, club, flashlight and all, trying her hardest to quell her breathing. She finally pulled back and looked Dimo over. "Oh, Dimo, I was so worried... and stupid things were happening... and you're here!" She looked over at Romeo. "And you must be Darryn's jolteon! Hi!" She looked, too, at the scraggy. "And a scraggy! I don't know you, but hi!"

The scraggy patted Dimo, then pointed to it's mouth. Branwys looked between them and sniffed. "I'm sorry, I don't have my bag... Oh, Dimo, Tinka's locked on the bag! Can you go g-.. No, of course not, you're tired... um... I found some people, and Darryn's cleffa... we need to find Darryn and Cesc."

She turned, moving to gather the cleffa, and stopped. There was another rustling in the far edge of the clearing. A deeper rustling, larger, as if from a larger creature, or a large group of them...

She turned, seeing the flat, ovoid head slither out of the bush on a stalk of vines, it's wide, mottled mouth opening wide in some kind of crazed glee. She swallowed, thickly, bringing up her club. "Too late..."

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jan 18 2013, 12:01 PM
Post #49

Group Icon

“Lead the way, huh?” Darryn muttered to himself as he followed Lady through the dark forest. It was well and truly night now and the shadows of the trees all around played so may tricks that a whole troupe of clowns would have felt ashamed to be in their presence. The Vulpix-sized motion ahead of him continued to pause every now and again, no doubt using her ears and Psychic powers to judge whether the surrounding forest was safe before scurrying ahead a distance for the two humans and the Scyther to catch up once more.

Darryn felt like a complete mess, in all honesty. The ball of nausea and fear that had been gripping him all evening was sapping his energy but the periodic surges of adrenaline that the darkness was giving him soon counterbalanced that. Two things kept him going on through the ordeal, however, and their names were Romeo and Lima.

“Lady?” Darryn stopped moving, scanning the dark ground ahead and waving a hand out to the side to grab Cesc’s attention to stop behind them. Silence greeted them. A long silence. Darryn gulped. “L-Lady?”

Not even a twig snapped or a leaf stirred before…

“VUUUL!” Blazing flames ignited from Lady’s mouth in a roaring Flamethrower ahead of the group, arcing through the trees and searing a blinding light across Darryn’s vision. Midnight shapes danced amid the flames, screaming their defiance at the fires that assaulted them.

“VUUUL! VUUUL! VUUUL!” More and more jets of fire poured out of the Vulpix’s mouth as she leapt off the path in pursuit of the hidden targets in the trees.

“Gah!” Darryn rubbed his eyes, holding up an arm to shield his face a little from the intense fires that illuminated their vision. He reached around for his Pokeballs and grabbed one up.

*November’s Morning Sun will…* He looked down at the ball in his hands. This was no Repeat Ball… This was a Dive Ball… *Oh yeah, Novvy’s back in Pallet. All I’ve got left are Victor and Bravo.*

“Cesc!” Darryn turned around to find the Scyther, bardolph, cleaving through more vines that were appearing from the darkness. The other trainer was otherwise preoccupied, trying to co-ordinate his Pokemon’s moves. Darryn grimaced. What could he do, other than.

The wave of cruel intention that Darryn’s Empathy felt was the only thing that prevented the vine from connecting with his head. Instead, an arm raised in defence was whipped with terryfing force and ensared within the winding grip of the vine. It yanked and Darryn pulled back hard, using his other arm to grab the vine for support. He leaned back and pulled, straining against the strength of the plant that strove to take him into the shadows.

“Lady!” Darryn screamed, his arms prevented from reaching for either ball at his belt. The flames around him became instantly more frantic but they were nevertheless held at bay and no firefox came to the trainer’s aid. “Lady, help! Help!” With an almighty tug, the vines pulled Darryn’s feet right off the ground and he hit the earth with a wind-stealing thud. He kicked and thrashed, grabbing at anything and finding nothing. In desperation, he hammered at his belt with a free hand to try and release either of his remaining Pokemon but instead unclipped them without summoning even one of them.

“No! NO!” He breath was running out as he fought for air, fear and adrenaline overwhelming his senses. Pain wracked every limb as root and rocks claimed their own assault on his body and as he began to form the strength for another cry, a wide leaf slapped across his mouth. With a muffed shout, Darryn was swallowed by the dark, soon to be swallowed by a hungry monster.

<Prince Darryn!?> Lady’s thought speech was more than hysterical, fallen bodies of Carnivine decorated her battleground as she raced back to where he had called her name. <Prince Darryn! Prince Darryn!>

She searched the dark in vain, finding no trace of him and forgetting momentarily that their connection was still severed. Yes, she had come to terms with being a silent Pokemon like the majority of the others for some time and the hate that she felt for her sisters still burned brightly in her stomach but she’d never expected to feel so powerless without their psychic bond.

“Vulpix, vul!?” She called from her throat, coming upon the other human, Cesc and his Scyther. They looked tired. She didn’t care. Her nose dropped to the ground and she drank in the aroma of Darryn’s scent, padding to a spot off the main path where the ground had been roughed up and saplings torn down. Four Pokeballs glimmered in the moonlight. Lady dropped her nose to them. In her vanity, she had only taken notice of the Heal Ball that belonged to her so the colours and patterns on the other meant nothing but smells were something else entirely.

Her own Pokeball. The bird. An empty ball that smell soft and sweet must belong to the pink ball. And one that smelled like a running stream. She hit the button on the last ball once to maximise it and once again.

“Huh?” Victor looked around uncertainly. “Where’s my flashy ‘Victor, the stage is yours’?” He asked no-one in particular.

“Prince Darryn has been taken.” Lady informed him smartly, sparing a quick glance for the other human. “We need to find him.”

“Uh…” Victor scratched his head. “Doesn’t this feel familiar to you? I’m getting pretty sick of ending up in some dumb forest with only you for company and our trainer in trouble.”

“Shut up.” The Vulpix dared him to go on with glaring eyes before she sniffed once and headed into the dark. “The trail we were following before goes in the same direction. The dog and the fat baby were taken before, too.”

“And no-one told me?!” Victor sighed, also looking back at the human and his huge bug. “What about them?”

“What about them?” Lady snorted and dove into the darkness.

Victor sighed and looked around him. Four Pokeballs remained on the floor. Scooping them all up, he stored them in his shell and waved at the trainer Darryn had battled earlier. “We go this way.” He said, pointing at the path Lady at taken. “Follow us!” And with that, ran after his teammate.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jan 18 2013, 05:05 PM
Post #50

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Francesco Rojas had never enjoyed jumping bodily into a fray. Especially with having obtained Pokemon, Cesc figured he'd never have to do it again. He'd been proven wrong time and time again, especially now that he was adventuring around Furoh looking to win Contests. While the contest themselves were the pretty standard affair, the hunting high and low for pokemon all over the continent had placed him in physical danger more than once.

Back in his time running around with a rag-tag street gang, he'd had his fair share of fist-fights. One of his fellow urchins had a boxing grandfather, and as a result, Cesc had learned a patch-work sort of boxing craft. Even knowing how to throw a punch and avoid getting hit, Cesc had always preferred diplomacy to physical combat.

In this case, he couldn't exactly reason with the nightmarish plant monsters that were probably trying to eat him. His Scyther, usually unruly and disobedient, had eagerly jumped at the challenge, but seemed to be listening to Cesc. The urgency of the situation had clicked with the praying mantis pokemon, and the more primal instinct had told him that he had to listen to his trainer and work WITH him in order to survive.

It had grown increasingly hard to see, and since he relied so heavily on his sight, Cesc found it increasingly more difficult in turn to evade the grabby vines. A heavy swipe took his legs out, toppling him to the ground as he let out a panicked 'woof' sort of noise. He lay there, stunned for a brief second as another set of vines rose into the air, ready to slash down on his prostrate form. They never made it, encountering instead the vicious blades of Bardolph, who glared down at his trainer in a way that Cesc could only read as smug.

"Thanks. Use Silver Wind, push them all back a bit."

With a nod, the Scyther's wings lit up before sending a wave of glittering spores out into the darkness. With a grim smile, Cesc took a moment to relish in the resulting shrieks. The smile quickly faded when he realized that the shrieks signified that he was facing more enemies than he had initially thought. If they had any sense of hunting tactics, they would start spreading out and-

"Cesc!"

Hearing his name, Cesc snapped his head towards Darryn, a bit irritated at being disrupted in the midst of his analysis. Darryn didn't seem to have much more to say, seeing as the other co-ordinator was trying to rally his own offense with his Vulpix. The brief flash of flame from the Vulpix gave Cesc the much needed reminder that he had one final pokemon in reserve, and now was probably not the time for conservation.

Valentine popped up, having sensed the earlier urgency and joined his companion, Bardolph, in the battle. This wasn't quite like the training they'd gone through before. Cesc had focused on teaching them how to co-ordinate their attacks by working on their timing and synergy. Their trainer had always provided visible targets, usually in the form of the other two pokemon.

"Valentine, Nasty Plot, then Fire Spin. Bardolph, Fury Cutter!"

As the next barrage of vines slashed inwards, the Scyther once more stepped in, his blades flashing about in the dim light with surprising speed and increasing power. Meanwhile, Valentine took a moment to pause, as if meditating on the field. As the vines moved to attack him, they found themselves in turn batted aside by Valentine's partner. After a moment had passed, the fire monkey spat out a ball of flame, directly between the combatants in the dark. The wall of fire launched upwards in a spiral, lighting the area for all to see.

Cesc almost wished that he hadn't commanded it; the ghoulish grins of the Carnivine were dancing evilly in the light, appearing and disappearing from the shadows cast in the light of the flame. He felt sick to his stomach at the thought of those horrid teeth tearing in to him and his friends.

"SQUIRT"

Darryn's Vulpix had disappeared, and Victor, the Squirtle from earlier had appeared in her stead. Cesc had missed the swap, but then he also realized that Darryn was missing too.

"Mierda!" Cesc cursed darkly, realizing that he was essentially the only one in the party left. The monsters had picked them off one by one, and now he was potentially the lone survivor. That title wouldn't last long at the current rate, considering the fire spin appeared to be keeping the Carnivine at bay only partially. The Squirtle indicated for him to follow, and with little other choice, he complied.

"Bardolph. Valentine. Let's go!"

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jan 25 2013, 09:49 PM
Post #51

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

As they watched, in the dimming light, the bushes between the trees parted, and out slithered what could only have come from the nightmares of some backsliden vegetarian. On each body was a large, bulbous head, mottled in different shades of green, brown, black, and, on some, a deep, ugly red. On each head was an opening rimmed with what looked like sharp, ugly teeth, like jagged leaves laid together to look like a mouth. There were two round, wet eyes on each head, and when the "mouths" opened, it gave a semblance of a malicious face. Each head was supported by tentacle-like vines, walking, slithering, or, in a few cases, hanging from low branches.

Branwys felt her knees shaking, and tightened her grip on both the stick and the flashlight, brandishing both like clubs. Her hand barely wrapped around the hilt of the flashlight, and the head was heavy. Next to it the stick, long as her forearm with gnarled knot at the end she wasn't holding, didn't seem that impressive.

Branwys looked at Romeo, then the scraggy, then Dimo. Dimo wasn't holding his bone...

"Dimo," she said, as the plant-life made their way toward her little group. When he was able to peel his eyes from the approaching plant life, he saw Branwys holding the stick out to him. He took it, giving an experimental swing or two, then nodded.

Branwys straightened. She could feel her knees shaking still, but now it seemed as if that sensation originated outside of her body. Her heart was pounding, her hands clenching the flashlight like a lifeline, but all of those feelings began to give way to a rage. Her teeth grit, her eyes narrowed, and, while the monsters were still a good few feet away, Branwys gave a mighty shout and her body leaped forward.

She charged the closest carnivine, a massive bushy bulk with a red stripe up the center of it's top flesh, stretching back between the eyes. The carnivine noticed the movement, and, anticipating a chase, opened its mouth wide, to send the prey scampering toward a pair of smaller vine-types.

Instead of dodging to the side, the morsel kept coming, and the large carnivine's maw was closed with a sharp slapping sound as the head of Branwys' flashlight slammed into the creature's lower jaw.

Dimo had followed his trainer, and followed the uppercut with a roundhouse swing of the branch-club, sending the rounded end of the knot into the carnivine's eye.

The creature staggered to the side, opening Branwys' line of site to see that the scraggy had not remained idle. Unlike Dimo, who preferred his weapons, the little scrapper pokemon's arms and legs flashed out, striking enemies in front of him.

Branwys could hear, rather than see, Romeo behind her. His cries pierced the rustling of leaves and considerably lower pitched growls from Dimo and the scraggy, and changed in volume and pitch as he rushed around the area, crossing behind and, sometimes, in front of her, hardly resolving in Branwys' vision as more than a bright golden blur.

Despite the conflict, Branwys tried to keep an eye on the cleffa. She knew it was the original object of the search, a search that, as far as she knew, had begun days ago. The enemies, however, were at least evenly matched. Dimo was keeping two at bay with his branch, chortling when one came close enough to bash in the head, and he had even managed to fling it at one opponent and have it return, though it was a shaky flight. The scraggy was keeping two at bay, fighting like one typical for his specie's reputation: kicking, pulling, grappling, and, if Branwys' eyes weren't deceiving her, biting. But each look toward the cleffa made one thing clear to the girl; it was getting dark. The little pink form had begun to look like a light grey blob, and, finally, blended into the background as less light was reflected back.

Branwys knew the lack of light would not be a problem for the carnivine...

Her spirits dropped further when she heard rustling on one side of the clearing. Looking after a particularly swing with her ersatz club, she saw more carnivine dragging a form into the clearing. The form massed larger than her, which meant, if it was a human, she or he was considerably larger than her (who wasn't?). Another victim

Branwys wished there was a way to see what was going on over there, when, taking another swing, a very sarcastic voice in her head, one usually reserved for when her brothers were being particularly obtuse, sneered at her.

You're carrying a flashlight, dumkopf.

Hopping back, she choked up on the light until her fingers found the on button, and pressed it, shining a bright beam toward the clearing where the sound had come from.

The noise that resulted was full off agony, as the carnivine near the mass exploded away from it, diving back into the shadows with an elongated hiss.

Branwys' eyes widened. She wasted a few seconds standing there, stunned, then surged forward, panning the flashlight back and forth. "Get over by the other two people! Now!"

The pokemon with her backed toward the unconscious couple, surrounded by their opponents, as Branwys got over to the other person. This person seemed to be all right. "Come on. There's people and pokemon over there, we need to be there. This light seems to hurt them!" She made her point by swinging the flashlight over toward one of the carnivine surging toward them. It screeched and backed off. She extended a hand down. "Come on!"

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jan 29 2013, 02:48 AM
Post #52

Group Icon

Lima the Cleffa was incredibly confused. How could these Pokemon fight other Pokemon without someone telling them what to do? The way she had always seen it, Pokemon carried out the orders that their trainer gave them and, whilst doing so, made them look beautiful and magical! So why was happy Romeo firing off his lightning without making pretty patterns? And why couldn’t those other two Pokemon do anything other than grapple ferociously with the wild Carnivine?

“Faaa…” She sighed, keeping near to the sleeping humans that she had kept safe and hidden with her Magical Leaf. If mister Darryn was here, she was sure he’d tell her what to do…

Darryn fought against the vine with every ounce of energy he had but to no effect. Yet again he was being shown the pure power of Pokemon and yet again he was discovering a new found respect for his own monster partners. Well, if he ever saw them again. Lady, Romeo and Lima were bound to be Carnivine food in the darkening hours of the night while Bravo and Victor might as well be dead, stuck inside their Pokeballs and lost in the woods.

After his pain-wracking drag through the forest, Darryn was almost ready to give up but the intense pressure that was carrying him was beginning to lessen and that (if anything) was the only reason that he had any hope left for survival. His motion slowed to a stop and, as though he was suddenly a bad taste in the Carnivines’ mouths, he was released. Cold night air forcing into his lungs at a terrifying rate and the harsh light of the moon burning right into his eyes may have seemed like a whole new assault entirely but they were certainly welcome ones. Wait. That wasn’t the moon!

"Get over by the other two people! Now!"

The voice was nearby, urgent and commanding (if a little high-pitched) and it sounded like it knew what was going on. Right then, any sort of direction that could help Darryn was going to be followed. The pain in his arms and back said that he had been lacerated numerous times and one of his hips was definitely bruised. He pushed with sore hands back to his knees and searched the dim clearing for the ‘other two people’. A mound of body-sized shapes was all there was to see, other than the dark shapes of Pokemon battling nearby.

"Come on. There's people and pokemon over there, we need to be there. This light seems to hurt them!" Darryn recognised the voice, he thought, of the girl stood by him with the moonflashlight. Her demonstration of Carnivine-repellent brought a vengeful grin to the edges of his mouth. Damn it, those Carnivine were going to fry if he had anything to do with it. Then the flashlight cast enough light on its weilder for him to see her properly for the first time. “Come on!”

“Branwys?” He gasped, unbelieving that this confident leader of scared Pokemon in the dark was the same small girl that he had met before.

“Jolteee!” Romeo was on top of Darryn in a yellow flash, all licks and paws and static electricity, and then he was away again almost immediately to join in the battle once more.

“Romeo!” Darryn gasped, unable to track his Pokemon’s movements unless another sight-blinding electric attack was used but by the frequency and speed of his movements, that became something akin to strobe if you focused on it too hard.

“Cleh?” A small ball several yards away, near to where Branwys had indicated the other people were, squeaked through the darkness. Darryn’s body found new energy almost immediately as the desperate urge to save his new baby Pokemon flooded his system. He scrambled upright and dashed towards her… But not before the Carnivine began a fresh assault.

FWAP! The vegetative cord hit Darryn square in the back, dragging him down to the ground once more. Breath escaped his lungs and would not return, despite how hard his lungs fought for it, and his body refused to follow orders. A scream pierced the darkness, fear and frustration the arrowhead of the little Cleffa’s cry of empathy for the hurt of a loved one. Darryn rolled over, Branwys’ flashlight casting long shadows around him in some sort of nightmarish deluge of vines and teeth but it only single out one thing – a second vine was coming down on him!

“CLEEE!”

Instantly, Lima was standing beside Darryn’s chest, the vine whipping down directly into her palms where she grabbed it with a primal scream. Struggling against the power of the much bigger Pokemon, Lima’s grunts and groans were the only thing that filled Darryn’s ears. Waves of pure emotion washed off of the Starshape Pokemon in a glorious flood of gold and pink before the Co-Ordinator’s eyes – emotions that he had seen before in his other Pokemon which only meant one thing. Lima turned an eye to Darryn.

“It’s OK, Lima…” He whispered. “You can evolve now.”

“CLEEEH!” The baby Pokemon wailed an ear-splitting cry and instantly, the clearing was filled with a brilliant light.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jan 29 2013, 04:46 PM
Post #53

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Running full-speed through the woods after a Vulpix and a Squirtle just seemed ridiculous. Cesc's mind raced as he raced behind the two little Pokemon leading the way through the woods. Part of him felt a little strange putting his complete faith in these two random pokemon from another trainer, while behind him, his own pokemon followed dutifully behind.

He thought about Tybalt with Lyla and the little kid waiting back at the boutique. Of the expedition group, he was the only one still out and about, as far as he knew. In fact, there was the potential that he was the only one still alive. The sickening thought of the horrid, carnivorous, floating flytraps biting down on his comrades caused his stomach to flip inside him. His mind flashed briefly through all of the movie synopses stored in his brain. He wondered if this was the moment of the film where he made the heroic sacrifice, dwindling down the enemy numbers so that Tybalt and Lyla had more of a chance to fend off the encroaching swarm. Maybe this was the moment where he died, his journey cut outrageously short, without the chance to leave a beautiful corpse.

Then, a flash of light in the distance along with what sounded faintly like the monster-plants roaring in agony brought him back to his senses. This wasn't the moment where Francesco Rojas died. This was the moment when Francesco Rojas was a big, damn, hero.

Lady Foxtrot and Victor had already pointed him in the direction of the flash, which meant that the little Vulpix had caught on the right track in the first place, which was something of a relief. With the firepower of two fire pokemon and a bug/flying type, it appeared that Cesc would burst onto the scene with the heavy guns. A grin crossed his face as he charged forward.

Cesc burst into the clearing, skidding to a halt with Lady and Victor, narrowly avoiding being hit from behind by his Chimchar and Scyther. Before him, a chaotic scene unfolded all at once, and he found himself having difficulty processing. By whatever forces, godly, spiritual, or whatever, he'd been reunited with the entire group.

"Branwys!" he yelled, half-relieved and half-ecstatic. He wasn't sure what else to yell, and as he thought of something either heroic and romantic to say, he realized that he'd spaced out. He narrowly dodged a vine that lashed out at him. "Mierda!"

He cursed as the second vine slammed into his midsection, throwing him down onto the floor. The first had merely been a distraction, and the second had struck him to a devastating effect. He felt winded and dazed once more, unable to focus as he writhed around on the floor, trying to catch his breath. As he lay there, he suddenly felt a slice across his face. Gasping in pain, his hand groggily moved to his face, where he noted that he was now bleeding.

My poor face. he thought idly and confusedly, not sure as to where the cut had even come from.

Evidently, a 'leaf tornado' had been whipped up in front of him, centralized on...Valentine!?

The small monkey had jumped in to intercept the attack, screeching in pain as the leaves racked across his body. While the attack wasn't 'super-effective', it was still inflicting a good amount of pain.

"Valentine, fire spin." Cesc gasped from the floor. Still in the midst of the tornado, the fire monkey spat out a ball of fire to the floor, which sprang up, forming another vortex inside the funnel. The whirling leaves caught fire instantly, creating a surprisingly vibrant display. Still a bit groggy from the hit, Cesc noted that it seemed like a great contest combo...

"Bardolph." he cringed for a moment, grabbing at his stomach again "Silver Wind on the tornado"

Bardolph nodded grimly before rapidly buzzing his wings, unleashing a fierce blast of sparkling spores. They impacted the attack, sending the entire conflagration towards the encroaching Carnivine. Ideally, in a contest, the sparkling motes would've joined the array, but instead, they were mostly swallowed up by the flames. Cesc made a quick mental note to adjust the proportions, but he seemed more happy that the attack was now slamming forcefully into some of the Carnivine, while the others seemed paralyzed by the light.

With that, Valentine and Bardolph joined the fray, Bardolph instinctively moving towards Branwys and Dimo, while Valentine raced around, backing up Romeo's speedy attacks with his own, literal, firepower. With his Pokemon occupying the enemies, Cesc finally summoned up the strength to sit up, the pain in his body starting to subside again.

"Vine."

Without looking up, Cesc frowned, muttering more curse words as he held himself together. The sound had come from above him, and he easily feared the worst. Finally summoning the courage to look up, he immediately found himself wishing that he hadn't. The horrific grinning face of a Carnivine directly above him sent another wave of terrified shudders through his spine. As the creature opened its gruesome maw, Cesc figured that, with absolutely certainty, that he was about to be eaten on the spot, right after his heroic moment.

Instead, the co-ordinator was surprised when a cloud of sparkling pink spores gently floated over him. He felt himself lulled immediately, his face gaining a sleepy, glazed sort of look as his head lulled to one side, dressed with a goofy smile. The sweet scent had taken full effect. He started to issue a command to his two Pokemon, but the words merely drooled out of his mouth incoherently. His head foggy and his body in pain, Cesc had no idea how to continue the battle.

He needed a miracle, and all he had was a man-eating plant hanging over his head. Things looked grim indeed.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jan 30 2013, 10:27 PM
Post #54

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Branwys was no longer Branwys. Not while there was danger around. Not while her pokemon, and other people's pokemon, and pokemon she didn't even know, were in danger. Not while there were unconscious people laying on the ground, and friends, new and old, in immediate danger.

She was, instead, a reflection of her anscestors. In her hands, the ersatz club became a war maul, a zweihander, a claymore. In her mind, she was not in tattered clothes with a dirty face, she was in chain armor and face paint, a token of fear to her enemies and friends alike.

The events preceding and up to the cleffa's evolution inspired her. The little one had held off a vine after her master, a vine from a creature who's head was larger than her entire body. Then, in rage, in defiance, she evolved, adding to her strength and power.

Branwys couldn't evolve. Not that way, not that quickly. But she didn't have to add to her strength to know she had a lot of it, as yet untapped.

Cesc appeared, and, briefly, her thoughts derailed. There he was, hair wild, cheeks red from running, commanding his chimchar into a wreath of flame as the little pokemon took a heavy hit for him.

Hot.

The way you're thinking, but also... not the way you're thinking.

She grinned, ferally, turning her attention to her battles as Cesc took care of his own. There was no battle in her thoughts. There was no calling attacks. As it stood, there was no need: The scraggy was, evidently, someone else's, or wild, and of the pokemon in the clearing, only one was hers.

She heard Dimo yelp, then growl, and turned to watch the scraggy running out of the clearing. That was disappointing, but she choose to take it as a good sign: if the scraggy felt running was an option, it might mean the carnivine were clearing up. She turned, wishing she could see what the brave clefairy was doing, or the blurred jolteon and chimchar, which she couldn't even have seen were she standing still. Or the clever scyther, or Cesc.

Unconsciously, she turned, and saw Cesc, his face slackening, eyes crossing, with a carnivine maw hanging over his head ina parody of laughter. That thing wants to laugh Cesc's head off, Branwys cried in her mind, then was moving. She propped the flashlight next to the couple, angling it as quickly as possible to give the majority of the pokemon cover, then dashed toward the swaying man. But before she could reach him, she felt an impact at her legs, and fell forward.

Her legs were tangled, and she turned onto her back, flailing with her legs, and kicked her bag as hard as she co-

HER BAG!

Unable to sit up, she kicked her feet up toward her head, untangling the strap from around her legs, then reaching in. She could see the empty bracket, and spared a second to wonder where in blazes her Tinka was, but forced herself on.Her fingers reached into a familiar compartment, wrapping her hand around a familiar spherical object, and, in one motion, pulling her hand out of the bag and launching the ball at the pokemon above Cesc's head.

It's mouth snapped closed in surprise as the ball hit, then it screamed as the light from the pokeball enveloped it, yanking it into the structure.

It twitched, then sparked with an audible KLICK. But Branwys wasn't concerned about it. She didn't see Dimo lift the ball and put it in her bag. Instead, she took Cesc's hand and tried to lead him, gently, to the light.

"Come on, honey. Please, Cesc, just come with me, OK? Come to the light, they don't like it. Maybe you can get Valentine to make some torches? Wouldn't that be fun? Speaking of making stuff, how come you're not using the weapons I made for you? They're good weapons!" She kept talking, trying to keep the hysterical fear from her voice. Having to lead Cesc like this had allowed her adrenaline reserves to peter out...

She didn't see the scraggy re-appear, holding a large, knobbed femur from some large creature or another, and toss it to Dimo. Nor did she see Dimo swing it, experimentally, and then, with a look of pure glee, whack an attacking carnivine over the head.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Feb 5 2013, 11:55 AM
Post #55

Group Icon

“FAIRY!” Lima declared, her evolved form swelling to its full height. With a swing, her punch of a Pound attack was much more powerful than it had been in her baby form – enough to knock the attacking Carnivine clear away from her trainer with a pained squeal.

“Lima…” Darryn reached out to stroke his Pokemon’s head, fumbling to provide her some comfort in the dark. “You’re so cool.”

“Cleh!” Lima delighted in this, pirouetting on the spot with glee.

“But don’t overdo it, OK?” Darryn warned her, concerned that his young Pokemon would not be able to keep up with the experienced battlers and dangerous foes surrounding them in the gloom. “Stay here and we’ll think of a- ungh…”

“Squirtle!” Victor declared as he fell into Darryn, panting heavily. Lady was with him, her back turned to Darryn as she waved her tails menacingly over her back – daring the Carnivine to come near. The wave of relief that Darryn felt in seeing them was nothing short of a Surf attack and a bubble of hope that they’d get out of the forest alive swelled in his chest.

The humans couldn’t see the dust settling around the clearing, nor could they sense the additional Carnivine approaching them. The only detectable hint that something was about to happen was the sudden nose-invading aroma of the Sweet Scent captivating their breathing and stunning them into a paralytic calm. Darryn tried to rise but found his body disobeying him, lulled into a false sleep by the mix of pheromones that the ferocious plants used to lure their prey.

Around him, Darryn became aware of movement and battles slowing down and, eventually, grinding to a complete halt. A sinister hissing, gurgling sound came from the dark. The rustle and snap of parting foliage heralded the arrival of more Carnivine, their leaf-like arms cradling dark round shapes beneath their enormous jaws. Could they be human heads?! Darryn’s jump to that gruesome conclusion might not have been wholly ridiculous in that insane situation.

A whump-whump-whumping sound followed the procession of Carnivine into their forest larder and, for the first time, Darryn saw the outline of the Pokemon Amoonguss. It hopped into view, its stump of a foot creating the thudding sound as it went, surveying the banquet that his brethren had collected. At his side, a Carnivine larger than the others floated lazily like a helium balloon dunked in treacle. Their presence could mean only one thing.

“The breeding pair…” Darryn stated mostly to himself but the others probably heard. “And so those must be… their new eggs?”

The band of carnivorous plants began to place their carried eggs into a pile at the center of the clearing, forming a clutch of around a dozen sickly green shells. Thin cracks were already displaying on the tops of some of the brood, indications that their baby monsters were almost ready to break free.

“And that would makes us…”

<Darryn!> Lyla’s thought-speech in the Co-Ordinator’s mind was like a bomb going off. He gave a start and yelped in surprise. <DA- Can- -ear me? I fou- a wa- to -ke the Car- -top!> Her cry was desperate and excited. <If y- - - back t- - mead-. Th- -dow!>

At the far limit of Darryn’s thought-speech, Lyla’s message was broken but understood. She, somehow, had worked out how to bring and end to the Carnivines’ rampage and, whatever it was, they needed to get back to her. But that was easier said than done. A soft clack-clack as Victor handed Darryn his lost Pokeballs gave him possibly the only way out that he could think of. He looked around the clearing again. They'd have maybe one shot at running and knowing the direction back to the breeding center was key...

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Feb 9 2013, 03:41 PM
Post #56

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Cesc felt himself being helped up to his feet. He stared for a moment at the fuzzy features in front of him. Peering awkwardly at the face in front of him, his vision finally cleared of the fluffy pink spores, and he saw before him Branwys.

"Hey gorgeous." He grinned cheekily. Despite popular belief, it wasn't the effects of the Sweet Scent, but rather his own innate cheekiness. "Miss me?"

Even in the gravity of the situation and considering that he'd nearly just had his head lopped off by a gaping, fanged maw, Cesc seemed to have fully regained his usual casual demeanor. The chaos still raged around him, but he clearly felt much, much better now that he had been reunited with Branwys.

Weapons. She reminded him that he'd been carrying a weapon the whole time. It felt silly to weild one, especially given that he had Pokemon with fire and blades inherent to them on his side. As he reached down to pull it from his pack, he pulled out a small pair of...gears?

Standing up to his full height, he grinned broadly, holding out the still unconscious Tinka to Branwys.

"I think someone else missed you, too!"

He spun deftly as he heard a familiar cry. Snapping back to the battle at hand, he let out a gasp as he saw Bardolph entangled in a mess of vines.

"Wing Attack!"

Wings glowing, the scyther shot upwards, knocking the vines off of him as he vaulted.

With the mention of torches, Cesc looked around for any flammable material. He virtually slapped his forehead in disbelief at his own lack of observation. They were in a forest. A part of him felt a bit guilty, but it was currently a matter of survival.

"Valentine, Fire Spin!" Once again, the little monkey blasted out a jet of fire that struck the floor before springing up into a great column of flame. The Carnivine once more reeled in horror at the light.

"Bardolph, spread it out with Vacuum Wave!"

Not sure how to respond to such a command, Bardolph merely nodded in response before slashing out with both of his blades. The thin air blades sliced through the Fire Spin column, tracking the flames with it before. They alighted gently on a few of the carnivine bodies, but also on the surrounding trees, casting more light into the area.

Cesc looked around, now that the visibility had increased somewhat in the dusk. "Okay, Torches. What's next?"

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Feb 15 2013, 11:17 PM
Post #57

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Branwys' entire concentration was on Cesc, and getting him to safety in the pool of light. A pool of light that, subconsciously, she knew was waning and couldn't last the night. The advantage was to the creatures, and it was a war of both numbers and attrition: the numbers of the carnivine, and the attrition of the humans and their pokemon friends' spirits.

Branwys was positive the cheeky response of "hey gorgeous" was due to whatever had caused him to stop int he middle of a battle in the first place, but she enjoyed it all the same. It lifted her spirits, as did the return of Tinka. She stroked the little klink lightly, running a finger along the edge of the pokemon's gears.

"Klink."

Branwys held her breath, still pulling Cesc to safety. The larger man, however, had stopped to give his pokemon orders, and rather than go through the motions of trying to force him to move, which would have involved a lot of tugging, some straining, and, possibly, crawling up on his shoulders and pulling on his head, she simply allowed most of her attention to shift to Tinka. The pokemon looked nearly all white, though Branwys was sure it was a trick of the fading light in the clearing. More worrying, however, was that she didn't float into the air, or click a rapid-fire series of klinks in greeting. So far, there had been the evenl spaced slow repetition of "klink" that sounded both mechanical and, in a way that Branwys didn't want to think about, despairing.

"Tinka, honey?" Branwys whispered softly and got no response. "Are... you OK?"

"OK, torches. What's next?"

Branwys shook herself out of her worry. "Darryn's over there, and I think I found Billy's parents! We have to find a way to--"

Branwys was cut off with the appearence of a larger than normal, dark Carnivine, and leading it, was a huge, heavy Amoongus.

"Oh, no," she whispered under her breath. "The parents..." With a swallow she realized, as the other carnivine began to bring eggs into view, that this was why the attackers didn't eat them immediately. Why the duo unconscious on the ground were still alive. It wasn't because they were to be dinner for the group. The group, as they had shown, could hunt for themselves. Unlike hatchlings, who would be defenseless and weak at first.

Defenseless, weak, and hungry.

"Tinka, get up, sweety," Branwys said, her voice shaking. She held the klink close to her mouth. "Tinka, I love you, but we don't have time for this..." She looked around. Darryn had to have a plan. Did he know where to go? Branwys turned to Dimo, who had come up to sit at her feet. "Dimo, do you know how to get back out of the forest from here..?"

Dimo looked at her, but it was the scraggy that answered, tugging on the remains of her shirt and pointing toward a large opening. Branwys blinked. "Where does that go?"

The scraggy blinked his large eyes, then, with his hands, made a point over the top of his head and then pointed to the professors. Branwys looked distressed. Would they want to lead this group back toward Billy and Layla?

Did they even have a choice..?

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Mar 18 2013, 08:00 AM
Post #58

Group Icon

“This has, like, got to work!” Lyla flipped more pages in the torn diary, scanning for any detail that she might have missed. Scribbled drawings and notes flew by before her eyes and yet there was nothing to suggest that the conclusion that Bobby’s parents had come to in their research couldn’t be wrong.

“L-lyla?” Bobby looked around the destroyed kitchen nervously, not daring to come out of his pantry cupboard. “Are you coming back in now?”

“Huh?” Lyla turned around, met with wide frightened eyes. She softened a little. “Oh, Bobby… It’s, like, well you know how your mom and dad were breeding these Carnivine? I think… Well… I think they were wrong… The Rage Powder wasn’t… or at least I, like, think it wasn’t… Look, everything’s going to be OK, right?”

Lyla inwardly groaned. If she couldn’t convince herself completely then she’d have no chance with the kid. Then again, if she was wrong herself then she could be leading the ravenous plants back to herself and the boy.

*But there’s no way this is right…* Lyla looked down at the pages. The claim that Rage Powder, in excess on the user, would result in the user’s strain of hormones and culminate in anger was unfounded – the Unova encyclopedia that Lyla had picked out from the wreckage made no suggestion that the attack could backfire in such a way. So, if the Rage Powder was having the right effect after all then it was simply on the wrong target…

“The Carnivine,” Lyla folded the diary shut, “they were, like, made to practice Rage Powder out in the field?” She asked Bobby.

“Mmhmm.” Bobby nodded.

“Then it’s all over the grass…” Lyla whispered to herself more than to the child. “And anyone who walks through it will get covered… The more on you, the more focus drawn to you… Which is why Lima would be taken first – she’d be head to toe in the stuff and too slow to avoid them… But those deer Pokemon outside are fast and are even faster in the sunlight…”

“My mommy and daddy aren’t wrong…” Bobby pouted at Lyla from his hidey hole. “They’re great at science!”

“Hey, I’m not saying they aren’t, like, totally smart!” Lyla held up her hands in mock defence. “But I’m a Breeder, too, and I specialise in Attacks Heritage – there’s just no way that their research is right. I’m going to call our friends and get them back here so we can fix everything.”

“Mommy says there’s no cellphone signal out here…” Bobby protested.

Lyla shrugged. “You’re not, like, the only one around here with a special gift.” She winked at him and began to close the door to the pantry. “It’lll be over soon, I promise.” She whispered as she clicked the door shut.

“Is that Pokemon right?” Darryn asked Lady and Victor, watching the Scraggy [point out of the clearing. “Is that the way we should go to get out of here?”

Lady’s crimson head gave a bob and Victor gave the thumbs-up in agreement.

“And will it get us back to the meadow where we left Lyla?” Again, signals of the affirmative came back to the Co-Ordinator and a ball of hope ignited in his chest. If they could get back to Lyla and she could fix the Carnivine… But could she fix the Carnivine? What did she suddenly now know that she didn’t earlier? Could they really risk her being wrong?

“Be ready…” Darryn muttered to his Pokemon, pushing up to his feet with some effort. How on earth would they be able to move Bobby’s parents on their own? If only Zulu or November were with them, then they’d have no trouble at all. Only one more Pokemon remained in Darryn’s arsenal and he doubted Bobby’s father would be able to be carried through the air but the mother was another story. Between himself and Cesc, they’d have to drag Bobby’s dad as they made a brek for it… “Victor, Lima return.” He recalled his slow moving Pokemon, leaving Lady and Romeo in defence. “Everyone get ready to run!” Darryn shouted, snatching his fourth Pokeball.

“Bravo, I choose you! Use Whirlwind!” Darryn tossed his Premier Ball into the middle of the clearing to summon his Pidgeot into the best position to keep the Carnivine away from the exit that the Scraggy had indicated. “Blow those Carnivine out of here!” With a flash and a primal avaian scream, Darryn’s flying-type began the distraction and all hell broke loose.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Mar 19 2013, 09:54 PM
Post #59

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Tybalt padded over from the doorway over to Lyla, staring at her with his ever-serious eyes as if he understood entirely what she had been saying.

He looked back and forth between the two humans with whom he'd been entrusted. They continued to chatter away over the Carnivine. The Zangoose yawned boredly, as it had little to do with the enemy approaching. As bubbly woman sealed the young child back in the pantry where the food lived, Tybalt turned and returned to his post at the door. Sniffing at the air a bit, he sat down on his haunches, waiting for his master to return.

As Bravo unleashed a ferocious whirlwind upon the Carnivine, Cesc flashed his hand out as the wind swept dramatically around him:

"Valentine! Fire Spin!"

Despite the utter life-or-death situation happening around him, Cesc imagined the voice of Jillian screaming: "COMBO!", which wasn't something she screamed at all. The fire the little monkey shot up into the air swept up in the hurricane-force winds, for a moment making something all together spectacular. However, the force of Bravo's winds proved disproportionately powerful. After the brilliant display, the flames whisked out entirely. Cesc had hoped for a brilliant fire-wind conflagaration to utterly decimate the Carnivine, but his combo had failed entirely. The wind from Bravo, however, easily coerced the Carnivine and the Amoongus into a forcible retreat.

A bit embarassed that his attempted combo had failed, to no surprise, since he hadn't exactly conferred with Darryn on it, he ran over to the downed bodies of the professor and his wife.

He swept up the wife in his arms with a bit of effort, but then held her up. He wasn't exactly sure what to do about the man at his feet though, he seemed just a tid bit heavier.

"Uh, Branny! Darryn! Any ideas!?" he seemed a bit lost, and really just wanted to run in the direction in which the wide-eyed-baggy-pants Pokemon had pointed.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jun 15 2013, 05:15 AM
Post #60

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Branwys looked between the two, swallowing thickly. Darryn's pokémon were amazing. Cesc was making his way, as well, with even his attempts using moves strong against the pokémon. He was suited to this battle, as was Darryn. Branwys looked at her beleaguered Dimo, a club in his claw that was unfamiliar, dirtier. Dimo was outmatched by these creatures, yet still fought.

The friend he seemed to have attracted seemed to fare better, but he was battered, and showed a strange hesitance that belied the ferocity he fought with.

That wasn't what bothered Branwys. All of her life she struggled against the reality of her size. It shouldn't matter that she was three feet tall. She could do anything a full sized person could do.

Except that she couldn't.

She couldn't help in this fight. She couldn't keep from being captured by these things. Her pokémon weren't able to battle effectively...

To be fair, the last one had nothing to do with her size.

But now, with the mother in Cesc's manly arms, the father was going to be left, and she was the only one left to do anything...

She couldn't pick up a fully grown man...

She stepped forward, hesitantly at first, then more confidently. She may not be able to lift one, but she could drag one just fine. She wrapped her hands under his arms and began to pull.

Dimo turned and saw her, and the large eyed yellow pokémon turned back. Each looked at the other, nodded, and pulled up a leg, managing to get him fully off the ground.

Branwys, Dimo, and the unknown scraggy pulled, half-dragged, and manhandled the father after the rest of the group.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:40 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.