Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Dancing to Darkrai’s Destined Dirge
Toogee
post Apr 13 2013, 10:10 AM
Post #21

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

Pan held her head as the final notes of the song entered her ears; she wasn’t even able to reach her pokeballs for defense. It wasn’t so much pain as it was the shock of the moment. This was it; her story was coming to an end. The music was so beautiful, and yet, very sorrowful. Its beat was slowing down; the song was ending. With each note, Pan felt each labored breath escape from her, taking a little bit of her life with them. She instinctively moved her body into a fetal protection in order to offer some protection to her unborn child.

Pan’s eyes were directed towards a falling body: Douken had succumbed to the song.

“Douken…”

She was far too weak to yell out his name. How could this happen? How could someone so strong be brought down by words? As her eyes followed Douken’s descent, a black misty shape passed through his body. The researcher could not identify the object from that far away, but it was quickly moving closer to her. Pan’s vision started to fade into darkness as the object closed in. The last thing she saw was the face of the little misdreavus they had seen earlier…
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“WEEEEEEEEHEEEEHEEEHEEE!”

Pan opened her eyes with a startle at the gleeful scream. She was zooming down a dark corridor, purple lights passing right by her. As she looked forward, Pan found her hand firmly attached to the little arm of the misdreavus. To her right, she saw Douken. Did that mean…yes! They survived! But how?

“Douken! You’re alright! But…you fell-”

“Course he fell, silly,” the misdreavus blurted out, causing Pan to dart her head towards the pokemon. “Then I came along and saved you both. Now hold on. Don’t wanna lose you in this long drop.”

“You can talk- Wait, we’re FALLING?!”

“WEEEEEEEHEEEEEE!”

Pan screamed the rest of the way as they descended deeper into the tower. When they reached the bottom floor, the misdreavus slowed their descent and rotated their bodies until they landed softly on their feet. Their surroundings were far too dark to see much detail, even with the purple flames overhead. There were many large holes arranged in columns, each with some sort of equally large bundle within.

As the two humans were adjusting to the landing, the misdreavus spoke once more.

“Hello, I’m Missy. I’ll be your rescuer/tour guide for the evening. Hooray! We begin right here at the bottom of the mausoleum. This is where people stored their dead ones. There’s some really cool mummies in here if you wanna check ‘em out.”

“But…how come I understand you?” Pan asked once again, still disoriented from the ride.

“Huh? Oh right! The Mistress told me you might be confused. Anywho, we’re all the same, so it’s really easy to understand each other.”

“But how are we-”

Before Pan could finish, she saw her hands. They were the same color, but…she could see through them. She looked to Douken: he had the same translucent figure as herself. Then that meant…

“We’re ghosts…”

“Winner winner, pidgey dinner!”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in the central plaza, Pan’s body went limp; her breathing was barely noticeable. And yet, as one of the hooded figures checked for a pulse, she was still alive. The song had put her in some sort of coma. The disciples quickly turned their attention to Damien for advice on how to proceed.

“Prepare them for sacrifice. Our master is waiting.”

And so, the disciples gathered to carry the bodies up the stairs with the others, preparing for the final ceremony to bring their master back.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Apr 13 2013, 11:33 AM
Post #22

Space Force? Pirate? Outlaw sounds nice...
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 17 104

PANE

Maybe it was pure chance. Maybe it was fate. The possibility of actually getting the Shadow Punch in through a failed Protect stopped the last word from being said and actually killing them. She never heard it, since it was focused into the minds of the humans, but she did not want to accept their deaths.

After taking care of the Jynx, Reep heard the commotion stop. She had to look. Douken's body was lying on top of a group of disciples as Pan fell, holding her stomach. "They can't be dead!" she believed, diving into the shadows to zoom to each of them, hiding from the humans to check out their bodies. Douken was beaten pretty badly in his brawl, but his heart was beating. Slightly, but it was beating. Same with Pan, except less physical injuries. But something was up. "Where are their souls? Oh no!" She had to dive deeper!

--------------------

Douken's eyes slowly began to open, and wouldn't he figure it, he opened up to falling. Well, more like being dragged by someone falling, but it was falling nonetheless. And Pan was with him for some reason. Their dragger was a Misdreavus, most likely the one they saw playing with the traps. He wanted to ask what was going on, but Pan's screaming didn't let him get a word in.

After they were landed, the Misdreavus, acknowledging herself as Missy, pretty much told them what was going on, Pan, helping fill in the dots. Even with Douken looking through his hand, he simply could not believe it. What what about where they really were? The world was dark and any form of light gave off a purple glow. "Is this what ghost see when they dive in the shadows?" he muttered to himself, still asking questions in their current state. however, part of him had to ask Missy this, "So, what do you mean by rescuers? Cause if we are ghosts, then I am sure we haven't really been rescued."

Before Missy was given time to answer, a loud thump could be heard from behind before energy spikes were sent over to the Screech Pokemon, draining of her energy. "That's better,"said a familiar voice. "Sorry, but after a fall like that, some replenishing is needed." And sure enough, who walked into their view was Reep. With her pointing a finger at Missy, she commanded, "Now return those souls back to their bodies before my mother finds out about this! They still have more to be done before they pass over!" Wouldn't it be odd to find out that Missy was a little sister, considering her father is a Mismagius.

--------------------
Let the Kishin Egg take you to my GPX+ Team.
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Apr 27 2013, 09:16 AM
Post #23

Group Icon

And a Golurk

“Well if you want to get technical and all, I rescued your souls,” Missy clarified for Douken. “The Mistress said something bad was going to happen here, so I’m here to gather innocent souls. So you really should be thanking me for leaving you trapped in your bodies for all eternity. You’re welcome!”

Pan was still in shock. They were dead. She didn’t even get a chance to tell Darryn and the rest of her friends goodbye or see how they were doing. Meanwhile Justin was fighting a clandestine criminal organization in the hopes of creating a better life for Pan and their child. He would be risking his life in vain, and he wouldn’t even know it until it was too late. Wait…the baby.

“Where’s my baby?” Pan asked, very worried that the child was left behind.

“Huh? But…I only saw two,” Missy replied, very confused. “Oh crackers! You had a baby?! That must mean the kid’s still-”

Just then Reep showed up and attacked the misdreavus, demanding that Pan and Douken be returned to the land of the living. Missy was quite displeased, especially given the dire situation.

“OK, first of all, OW!” Missy tended to her wounds and continued. “And second, it’s their time. The Mistress says the Darkness is coming, so we gotta go to the other side!”

“WHERE’S MY BABY?!”

Pan interrupted the argument, very angry that her child was being ignored. If she truly had to leave this world, she wouldn’t leave the baby to Darkrai’s malice. Missy, taken aback by the yelling, composed herself and floated towards another hall.

“I think we should see the Mistress about that.” With a shrill whistle, the misdreavus summoned one of the purple flames to join them. As the fire came closer, its form was revealed to be another ghost pokemon, a litwick.

“This way everyone! Just follow the light!”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It wasn’t long before the group entered another room, one filled with celebration. Dozens of ghost pokemon were gathered, all dancing in large circles. In the middle of these circles, litwicks, lampents, and chandelures were joining in, creating violet bonfires for the other ghosts to dance around. One of the ghastly wanted Missy to join in, but she sadly declined.

“Maaaaaan, I wanted to play,” Missy said disappointedly before looking back at her guests. “Say, you guys want to have a little fun before we meet-”

Pan’s eyes burned a hole through the misdreavus, who took that as a “no” to the festivities. She led the group to the back of the room, where some sort of white light pulsated throughout the vicinity. Maintaining this light was a single ghost pokemon, a dusknoir that towered over the group. She took a break from maintaining the light source to greet the group.

“Ah, Missy, I see you were successful. Two souls on your first trip! Excellent!” The dusknoir turned to the others, but her eye quickly met that of the dusclops.

“Reeparnos Qan Gazile…”she said, at last meeting her daughter after so long. “Oh Reep, it is so good of you to join us in the End. And I see you’ve met your sister.”

“Wait, sister?” Missy questioned, already wondering how to take advantage of this new development. “Mom, she hurt me! Give her a time out or something!”

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Apr 27 2013, 11:08 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

PANE

"Now is not time for games!" Reep shouted, her voice echoing so loud that it disrupted the festivities of the ghosts. her eye stared at her mother, giving off such a serious aura it even gave Douken the chills. Who would argue against death?! "Their times are not up, you should see this yourself. There are lives here that are still able to grow old, do stupid and dangerous stunts, get themselves in danger. Some lives are not even here yet to enjoy it." The last peace seemed to of been pointed towards Pan.

"But I understand what is going on. The men on the side of the Living, right above where we are, are opening Darkrai's seal and we all know that when he awakes, everyone will be stuck within an eternal nightmare. But that is why we're here!" Clenching her fists, one sparked of electricity as the other burst into flames. "We came to fight. To prevent his seal from opening, or if needed, fight him ourselves. But we can't do it if we are over here at the Gate!"

There was a small pause before Dusclops cleared her throat, turning around to the humans souls and said, "How rude of me. Douken, Pan. This is Qestra Za Gazile, my mother. You would know her as one of the grim reapers who wander this world and collect the souls of the dead who refuse to cross, or in this case, who don't wish to take part in Darkrai's nightmare." Douken almost fell over. Not exactly the best moment for introductions, Reep!

Straightening himself back up from it, Douken added on, "You are right, Reep. And besides, we made a promise to Cressilia. We promised her that we would have Darkrai to continue sleeping, even if we risk ourselves in the eternal nightmare ourselves!"

This post has been edited by Douken Sota: May 9 2013, 03:13 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post May 5 2013, 09:53 AM
Post #25

Group Icon

And a Golurk

As Reep chastised the ghosts and demanded the humans be revived, the lighting around the room began to darken. The dusknoir’s presence grew much larger and foreboding, looking down upon the visitors. She was not too pleased with Reep’s outburst.

“Oooh, you’re in trouble now!” Missy laughed as the dusknoir began to speak.

“Reeparnos Qan Gazile, you disappear to who knows where, come back after so long, disrupt the Final Festival, and you have the audacity to tell me how to do my task? You all came and you did fight. But you failed. You were the last hope to stop him and you failed. We have no choice but to retreat into the light.”

“But this world is worth fighting for!” It was Pan who joined in the conversation, determined to hold onto life for as long as she could.

“Sure, that world beyond might be perfect with white shores and green pastures, and this one has plenty of problems. We can do better and we have. I’ve seen beings with the power of the elements at their command swoop down and save those far weaker than them from certain death. I have seen the past, the places we came from, and how far we have grown since then. I have seen friends take on great evil at the risk of their lives and their pokemons’, not for fame or fortune but because it was the right thing to do! And I have seen this world on the brink of destruction, only to be saved at the final hour by nothing short of a miracle. There will be many stories like those to be told, but not if you give up on us now. This story is not over yet; there are still plenty of pages to turn. With your help, we can keep going.”

The room was stunned to silence. The dusknoir pondered the words for a few moments before responding.

“Is this what you both truly want?”

“Absolutely,” Pan replied.

“Then open your eyes.”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a literal blink of an eye, Pan found herself on a gurney along with 25 other people. The first thing she noticed was the loud chanting that filled the room. The disciples were fervently worshipping the seal in the center, the cap surrounded by very active spiritomb.

“Master Darkrai, we have gathered 25 souls that have walked the Old World, now buried deep beneath the new. Be free! BE FREE!”

Pan looked over herself. She was no longer in street clothes but in a simple white gown. In addition, her hair was wet. She was likely cleansed prior to being sacrificed, something that creeped her out very much. The researcher also noticed that she wasn’t chained down to the bed; no one was expecting her to wake up. This would also explain why her belt of pokeballs were laid right next to her. She looked to her right; Douken was in an adjacent bed with similar attire. As soon as he woke, Pan whispered to him.

“Ready?”

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post May 5 2013, 01:43 PM
Post #26

Group Icon

PANE

As the two souls vanished from the presence of the ghosts, Reep nodded her head as a thanks and turned around, ready to head back to the other side. "Wait," The Dusknior commanded, causing her daughter to stop. "Do you really believe they can do it?"

"Of course," Reep assured her. "I've been with the male ever since I vanished, and all this time, I was treated like family. The female is kind-hearted who can't say no. Both of them are smart, brave, and daring. Most of all, where we are at right now, they simply can't believe they can do it. With the fate of the world, they must."

"I see." With a pause of silence, Qestra hovered over to Reep's side before taking her arm. "Then promise me this. When their time comes, please send them over peacefully." The mouth on her stomach opened up, where the Dusknior reached in and pulled out a Reaper Cloth, tying it to her daughter's arm. "And don't something to make them worry like you did me. I will have to punish you if you run away from their home as well."

With the air still, Reep ran off through the shadows, holding her mother's words at heart, yet worrying abou them later. She had to join the others. Their fight was only beginning.

Item Gained (click to show)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His eyes shot open onto the new terrain, his body taking in a sharp gasp of air, deafened by the loud chanting and focus of the cultists. He was no longer at the bottom of the stairs where he was pushed, but laying on top of a gurney. He was changed into a white ceremonial suit like some sort of sacrifice and water dripped from the edges of his glasses. Trying to move his head as little as possible, he tried to look at what was around him. No form of restraints, his belt was laid right next to him, and best of all, Pan was in a gurney right next to him, her eyes open and lively as well.

"Ready?" he heard her whisper, and with a smile, he slowly moved his hand to his belt, getting a Pokeball ready. Right now, he didn't care who it was, as long as it caused enough commotion to ruin their ceremony. "Let's ruin this party," he whispered back, flicking a Pokeball off the belt. It bounced off the floor in a matter if there was no chanting or focused, it would of rose suspicion. However, with it breaking open, it could surely ruin the scene.

"SPAAARCE!" In a yawnish cry, it seemed Balisk was the one that was taken out for the distraction. Might of not looked good, until she let out an ear-piercing Screech. A good enough sign to then roll out of the stretcher, throw his belt over his shoulder, and proceed to ramming the gurney into the gut of the closest black cloak he saw.

This post has been edited by Douken Sota: May 9 2013, 03:22 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post May 12 2013, 09:50 AM
Post #27

Group Icon

And a Golurk

As Douken started things off, Pan followed up with her own pokemon.

“Turnip, Vine Whip!”

The venusaur materialized out of the pokeball and immediately swept his vines across the room. Many of the disciples fell flat on their backs, particularly the ones about to charge the pair of trainers. Needless to say, Damien wasn’t pleased with their awakening.

“They are enemies of your master! Destroy them!”

The pokemon amongst the disciples rose up first, approaching the dunsparce and venusaur for a fight. Amongst them was a magmortar, who had his fire cannon set on the grass pokemon. Pan summoned her arcanine Fenrir to take the enemy’s flamethrower attack. This activated the fire type’s ability Flash Fire, which Pan would utilize to stop the madness.

“Fenrir, Flamethrower on one of those spiritomb!”

A stream of fire shot past the magmortar and ignites one of the spiritomb trying to release Darkrai from his prison. The heat proved too much for the servant, causing the pokemon to retreat back to his keystone.

“Come on, get up!” Damien yelled at the other disciples. Strangely, none answered, as if they were asleep. The leading disciple rushed to the balcony to rally those still on the first floor. To his shock, all of them were lying prone on the floor. This could only mean one thing…

“He is already here…”

Damien sat down upon the floor and watched the pokemon battle. He sung softly, rocking back and forth. The disciple did not appear right in his mind, but he did not care. Soon, his long-awaited salvation would claim him too.

He had already won.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post May 13 2013, 10:27 AM
Post #28

Group Icon

PANE

The one who challenged Balisk was an Infernape: the same one who fought against Douken when it was a Monferno over at the Ranch. It was clear that he was glad to see that human gain. A good time for revenge. With his fist igniting into a ball of flames, it was clear that he-too had changed some. It was more like he was showing off his ability, Iron Fist. "I will have my revenge..." the Infernape told the Dunsparce, who merely responded with a yawn. Vein pulsing, the monkey screamed out, "QUIT MOCKING ME!"

And that was when the ritual area was surrounded in a bluish cube, slowing down the monkey's punch for the Dunsparce to hop away. "Got to love Trick Room," Reep said as she suddenly appeared behind the monkey, placing her hand in the back of his head, using Astonish. "But you know, it doesn't seem like your brain changed since our last meeting." Neither was the reaction when he jumped and flailed about from the eerie sensation. With the monkey readying his burning fist, Reep covered hers in shadow, and their fists clashed.

With Douken watching everything, it was clear their numbers were dwindling down fast, and not because they were fighting. No, it just seemed like they were passed out asleep... and their leader showing to be a bit of a nut right now."If you want to sleep," Douken muttered before pacing at Damien (which made it look like he was sprinting), "then let me help!" Within reach, he sent his knee into the crazed leader's face, causing his nose to bleed from the impact before he felt something familiar start to overcome him. Not again... We are being.... forced... to... sleep.... And with that, his body fell on the floor, passed out like the others.

This post has been edited by Douken Sota: May 14 2013, 02:57 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post May 19 2013, 09:30 AM
Post #29

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Pan continued to order her arcanine to spew flames upon the spiritomb around the seal, a desperate attempt considering Douken had already fallen unconscious. In fact, the other pokemon disciples finally succumbed to darkness. Only one figure remained. He merely stood against the wall, amidst the shadows.

“You there,” Pan addressed the figure, “Get out of the dark and surrender!”

“Ah, but I am the dark…”

Enter Sandman- Metallica

The figure turned to Pan and her pokemon, the shroud falling to the ground. He had a white spire upon his head, a red neckpiece, and a body of eternal darkness. There was no mistaking what pokemon this was.

This was Darkrai.

The pitch black pokemon acted first, punching the ground. What was left was a dark void, a black hole that began sucking everything and everyone within it. The sleeping bodies were the first to get sucked in. Pan ran to the other side of the room to grab the stair railing, but she had to use both hands to hang on. This left her unable to return her venusaur and arcanine back into their pokeballs. Both pokemon cried out as they too disappeared into the black.

“No!”

Just like that, Pan lost two of her best friends. Soon enough she lost a third as Douken entered the void. She had very little time to mourn, for the black hole became stronger. It tore the railing out of the floor, sending Pan into darkness.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Pan awoke, she found herself in her street clothes and without pokeballs. That wasn’t what concerned her however. She was outside, yet still on top of the tower. Pan could see miles in every direction, including the city of Lenoilia. There, the researcher recognized several disciples destroying the city with their bare hands. Curiously, they were also screaming in agony as they suffered through their dream-turned nightmare. Further across the rooftop, she recognized Douken. Pan ran to him and helped him up (if needed). She looked up to see a small staircase that led to a black throne, upon which was their captor.

“Welcome to the New Order,” Darkrai told the two before him.

“What have you done?!” Pan shouted as she looked back to the pokemon. “You’re destroying the city!”

“Only in this universe, yes,” Darkrai retorted. “But in your time, you and my disciples are fast asleep. They are simply living out their fantasies.”

“Those screams don’t sound like they’re enjoying it.”

“Be careful what you for in the dark. I promised them ultimate power in my world. They did not realize that their bodies could not handle such power, yet they accepted the terms wholeheartedly.”

“You monster! They’re in a nightmare!”

“Exactly what this world is powered on. As more join this world, it shall expand to encompass all of Furoh, perhaps beyond. My world shall supplant Arceus’ rule.”

“Not if we have anything to say about it,” As soon as she said this, Cresselia’s feather appeared in her hand, as if by magic. Darkrai nodded as he saw the artifact from his rival.

“Fascinating. So this is why you have resisted the nightmare so far. However, I do not believe you will get very far. After all, you have no allies.”

Pan looked down to her belt to find that there were no pokeballs. Her entire team was not with her. What became of Turnip and Fenrir? Suddenly, the researcher was far less brave than she was a few second ago, especially when she realized that Darkrai had disappeared from his throne.

“What?!”

Two black arms burst out of the human’s own shadows, attacking Pan and Douken with a quick attack. Pan was quickly knocked off her feet and onto her back. Darkrai reemerged from the shadows and looked down upon the humans.

“Tell me, what can a piece of down do to me?”

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post May 19 2013, 03:07 PM
Post #30

Group Icon

PANE

Douken's eyes slowly opened up to the world that was now being destroyed by those they were fighting, yet as they gloried in their new found power, they also gave out echoes of pain. When pan ran up to him, he muttered, "I'm alright," and accepted her assistance up. After a moment of looking about, he found the staircase with Pn and followed her down to Darkrai's throne.

After a while of talk, Darkrai mentioned overtaking Arceus' rule on the world. "As if," he simply spat back before a faint purple glow emitted from his pocket. Curious on this change, he reached in and pulled out his own Lunar Wing, which he swore he had his parents store away. Not that I can complain. Thanks, Cressrelia. Not that Darkrai seemed worried about his rival's gift. None of them had any Pokemon on hand to fight, and they were struck in the chest by Shadow Punches it seemed.

"I don't get what you mean by no allies," Douken said, pushing himself back up to his feet. "I got two allies with me right now. The first is Pan. The second is Cresselia. Both of which is enough to give me something to fight for." Taking a fighting stance, he was willing to fight off the darkness himself before the feather he had began to glow bright, engulfing the area.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Everything suddenly became a different place. No longer was there a city being ruined my disciples. Well, there was no city to begin with. It was a boat! The S.S. Lynnette! "What the?" Douken questioned, looking around at the nostalgic setting. This was when I first left home to begin my journey, Douken thought as he caught a glimpse of what he was wearing. He was dressed in a yellow T with a pair of shorts, what he usually wore on the island before the shocking cold reality from the Castle. It would of been complete deja vu, if it wasn't the fact that Pan and Darkrai were still with him.

"You know," he said, talking to Darkrai himself, "This feels more like a dream than a nightmare. Its what ever trainer can't forget. their first step out of town to begin their journey. Their dream before they begin their adventure. Unknown challenges. Unknown destinations. The collection of people that one would meet. To a trainer, it all begins here, and it never starts as a nightmare!" There, he felt some weight hit his belt. Taking a feel, he felt two Pokeballs ready for use. "What they also dream about is their first battle!"

Using a quick surprise tactic, he took the Pokeball and tossed it out, bursting out a Croagunk. Koldo at the time, but with the strength of now. "Now Koldo, Brick Break!"

Conditions (click to show)
Condition's Line-up (click to show)

This post has been edited by Douken Sota: May 23 2013, 11:43 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post May 25 2013, 06:56 AM
Post #31

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Pan was shocked to see their surroundings suddenly transform into a cruise ship. Immediately after that, a belt formed around her waist, complete with a single pokeball. Her normal clothes also returned around her body. As Douken clarified, this was one of his memories. So that’s what the feather did. It gave control of their dreams to Douken and Pan. It made them equals to Darkrai in this domain. That didn’t mean the dark type would give up without a fight, particularly one where a croagunk landed the first blow.

The legendary hissed loudly as the brick break pushed him to the railing of the ship deck. He quickly rose up before them to show that he would not be defeated so easily.

“Do you think putting me in your memories is wise? I do not need any feathers to manipulate your mind. I can turn you greatest victories into astounding defeats. Your entire journey will become but a big nightmare, one to power my world!”

Darkrai began his assault with a Disable attack, raising his towards the croagunk. With a flash from his green eyes, the fighting move was put out of commission. At this point, Pan jumped in with her own pokemon to back Douken up.

“Let’s go…Turnip!” The researcher surmised that if Douken’s team consisted of what he had when he arrived, there could only be one pokemon at her side. Sure enough, Turnip appeared onto the scene, but he was a very different pokemon than Pan was used to seeing.

“Bulbasaur…BULBA?!”

Turnip was really surprised at his shrunken appearance. Pan would have loved to take up her starter in her arms once again…if it weren’t for the fact that they were currently engaged with the king of nightmares.

“Turnip, focus! Use vine whip to hold Darkrai down!”

“BULBA?!”

This day was full of surprises for Turnip. Now they were facing off with a creature spoken only in legend. And he had the task of holding said legend down as a tiny bulbasaur. Still, he felt the strength of a venusaur within him and obliged the command. Vines wrapped around Darkrai’s right arm, hopefully making him an easier target.

“Unwise.”

Darkrai proceeded to swing his arm, launching the bulbasaur into the air. Wielding the grass type like a mace, the nightmare pokemon attempted to beat down the croagunk with his own ally.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post May 25 2013, 12:56 PM
Post #32

Group Icon

PANE

"Turnip, let go!" Douken cried out. Sure, he had his Venusaur strength, but he had no form of his weight to act as an anchor. All it was doing was letting Darkrai use him as a flail. Sure, Koldo was doing his best to avoid getting blunted from his ally, but there was a moment both of them felt pain without even getting hit. "Don't tell me..." That's when a small shock hit him. Bad Dreams. Since they are Darkrai's foes fighting in Dream World, they had to first be asleep, and from there they can feel the affects of it. If that was true, just like Dream Eater, attacks affected by sleep could work, but they themselves could not fall asleep, since they already are. This may put sleep-status attacks and Rest useless, but attacks like Nightmare, Dream Eater, Hex, Wake-Up Slap, and Snore easily usable. Still, first thing's first.

"Now Koldo, Bullet Punch!" jumping over his weapon-of-a-friend, he got towards darkrai's stomach and unleash a large set of fast, steel-type blows. However, even with the metallic sheen, his fists flashed purple with every strike. So he still has Poison touch...

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post May 26 2013, 07:41 AM
Post #33

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Pan looked on in horror as her bulbasaur was used as a weapon against Douken’s pokemon. Even though Darkrai wasn’t entirely accurate, he was very successful in beating down the bulbasaur, for every time he missed, Turnip hit the floor. When Koldo landed his punch, Darkrai overshot, tossing the bulbasaur upward. Unfortunately, that was also the same time that Turnip let go, exhausted from being swung around. This sent the grass type across the ship deck; he was going overboard!

Pan rushed after Turnip, keeping her eyes on the falling pokemon. Though she did catch him, she also ran into the railing, flipping her over the protective barrier. Had Turnip not thought to grab the railing with his vines, both would have been in the water. The tired bulbasaur held on with whatever strength he had left so Pan could get back to deck.

Meanwhile, Darkrai took the opportunity to strike back. A pair of purple jaws emerged from his head, rushing straight for the poison frog. Dream Eater wouldn’t normally work, but in this world, his foes were already asleep. The poison would whittle away at the legendary’s health, but with the dream eater attack, he would recover both the poison damage as well as that inflicted from brick break. The psychic attack would also show his foe that Darkrai was no ordinary foe.

“Your first battle shall end in defeat! Submit now and avoid this memory!”

“Submit this! Turnip, Seed Bomb!”

Pan and Turnip reached the top of the railing when she commanded the attack. Several seed pods were launched from the bulbasaur’s back, exploding in Darkrai’s face. The flash was far brighter than the attack normally produced; their entire surroundings were engulfed in white light. The smell of seawater was replaced by the aroma of a tropical paradise.

When the light subsided, Pan instantly knew where she was. They were surrounded by a forest of tree sized mushrooms, their iridescent glow providing the dim lighting. The room reached hundreds of feet in the air, where one giant mushroom hung like a chandelier. Though Pan recalled several species of bug pokemon residing here, they were all absent. Still, there was no mistaking: they were in her memory. They were in the Inner Sanctum of the Wooden Skyscraper.

“Still just as beautiful as I remember,” Pan commented as she looked at her surroundings. She couldn’t admire it for long; Darkrai was not here to sightsee.

“Turnip, get some rest,” she said as she recalled her bulbasaur into his pokeball. She realized that, at this point, in her journey, she met her third team member. The pachirisu would not have changed one bit, at least in terms of size.

“Let’s go Chi-Chi!”

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post May 26 2013, 10:18 AM
Post #34

Group Icon

PANE

Unfortunately, his theory was correct as the dream eater snacked on Koldo in a fell swoop, knocked the frog out. "Koldo, return!" Having to send him back, he still had one more option on his belt. "Maya, now its your turn!" With this, he was able to send out his Seel, who clapped happily as if nothing has changed. Well, at least mentally. If we can time things right, we may be able to get a moment to hit hard, he thought before looking over to Pan."Alright, now is the time to pull off something big and painful! Maya, Aurora Beam!"

With Maya's horn glowing in a blend of colors, she launched a large aurora-like beam at Darkrai, having that chance to not only do a nice chunk of damage, but also reduce Darkrai's Attack power. He needed something Darkrai would dislike. Something he would want to disable or use something not as aggressive... Every plan, however, is full of wishful thinkings.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post May 27 2013, 07:40 PM
Post #35

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Darkrai held his hand out to block the aurora beam, attempting to keep it away from him. With his other hand, however, the legendary summoned Dark Void. A black hole appeared under the seal pokemon, sucking her towards the darkness. This wasn’t an ordinary attack, however. Everything around them was being affected. The glowing mushroom trees were bending towards the attack. Even Pan had to grab ahold of the foliage to keep her grounded. She could only watch as her pachirisu struggled to get to the enemy.

“Chi-Chi, hurry! Use Super Fang!”

Chi-Chi was slowly moving towards Darkrai, climbing across a giant mushroom to reach her goal. Every movement was a herculean effort for the tiny squirrel. Leaves and twigs flew across the area in a cloud, making it difficult to see. The sanctum filled with the sound of creaking; the giant mushroom hanging on the ceiling was preparing to give way!

“Witness and despair!”

“He's gonna bring the entire tree down!” Pan warned. “Chi-Chi, Discharge!”

The pachirisu obliged, sending bolts of lightning towards the dark type. Darkrai used his other hand to block that attack, but in doing so, it weakened the black hole that he was creating.

“It’s working!” Pan shouted to Douken.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post May 27 2013, 09:49 PM
Post #36

Group Icon

PANE

"Not well enough," Douken muttered back, looking at the Void he was trying to put them back in. "Good bet if we get caught in that, we will be back at square one, and I would rather take attacks than get to there," he admitted, trying to figure out the next course of action. However, he was trying to block the two attacks which seemed pretty normal. What about something he hated? Worth a gamble. "Maya, switch things up to Signal Beam!"

And like a miracle to him, she was able to do it. Maybe because somewhere in her she can use it or because she already did, the field of rainbows soon turned into waves of purple and blues, going from Ice to Bug. If he couldn't stop something Super Effective against Dark types, he may have to use both hands or use the previous move to stop it. Then he may be able to catch him with his trap.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post May 28 2013, 08:12 PM
Post #37

Group Icon

And a Golurk

With addition of the bug attack, Darkrai could no longer hold up the dark void. The black hole began to collapse on itself as the dark type struggled in pain. In a flash of light, the attack disappeared. At the same time, a cold front blew through the area as snow began to fall. The Inner Sanctum faded away, and in its place, a rooftop made of stone. Pan and Douken found themselves on top of Castle Vonmoto.

Just like in the adventure, Pan was wrapped in her sweatshirt and had an additional pokeball at her command. However, Darkrai still remained, still standing even after all those attacks.

The legendary started dividing himself into copies, a form of the Double Team attack. The area filled with laughter as multiple Darkrai surrounded the team. Copies appeared directly behind the humans, causing Pan to quickly back away. There seemed to be dozens, some appearing as high up as the adjacent spire.

“Chi-Chi, return!” Pan recalled her pokemon in favor of her newly arrived teammate. “Fenrir!”

Fenrir reemerged, currently in his growlithe form. Pan immediately ordered an Odor Sleuth, and the fire-type went to work. Sniffing around the area, he didn’t seem to react to any of the nearby Darkrai. However, Fenrir started barking like crazy once he looked up. The real Darkrai was on top of the tower!

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post May 28 2013, 09:55 PM
Post #38

Group Icon

PANE

Castle Vonmoto. His first near-death experience as well as legendary encounter. Its where he met many of his friends, including Pan. it was because of a promise (which could of been seen as a joke) and future encounter that led them to be where they were traveling together for so long. It would of been stranger and maybe more amusing if they appeared in the Room of Legends, but what's done is done, and there was an army of Darkrai Double Teams. Encore wouldn't work if she cheered on a copy, which would be like cheering on grass to grow.

"Maya, return," he said, returning the Seel as at this time, he had a third usable partner. "Rufus, time to go!" Pairing up with the elderly Growlithe would be the younger, more ADD one, and with Fenrir finding the real one much higher than the illusions, it would be time to clean up a mess. "Flame Burst!" Creating a large ball of fire in his jaw, he fired at one of the illusions, which in turn detonated into a large explosion, the shrapnel of the attack taking out other illusions. "Cmon!" Taking advantage of the hole he made, Douken and Rufus went on to advance before the Double Team decided to cover the hole once again.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post May 29 2013, 10:14 PM
Post #39

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Pan followed Douken towards the new entrance into the castle. Darkrai however, wasn’t quite finished with them yet. The legendary remained on the tower and punched downward through the roof. A shockwave resonated through the structure, traveling all the way to the base. The air filled with a horrible creaking as the watchtower started to lean towards the castle. Stone bricks began cascading down upon the castle, creating all sorts of new holes in a rock slide. Darkrai was going to bring down the structure on top of them!

“Return Fenrir!” Pan cried out, but while her pokemon was safe inside his pokeball, she could not outrun the rock slide created by the collapse. After a flash from her feather, she disappeared under the rubble.

Having ridden the tower all the way down, Darkrai hovered past the ruins and witnessed the destruction. This part of the castle was pretty much demolished, giving brand new balconies to all the nearby rooms.

“The nightmare shall never end!”

The legendary went after Douken, looking into the hole he had escaped into. A dark energy pulsated in one of his hands, waiting to blast anything that moved

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post May 29 2013, 11:09 PM
Post #40

Group Icon

PANE

Unlike Pan, Douken managed to find a spot to dive himself into along with Rufus, curling into a ball as the bricks and stones piled around him, leaving the two in an air pocket as Darkrai's original body went to hunt him down. "You re right," Douken told Darkrai, hiding beneath the rubble. "There is just one problem. You have yet to find my nightmare." That was when his feather began to glow, setting the bricks ablaze, the snow into grass, the stars into meteors, and the moon becoming the one that nearly killed them all. It was Poke'Con all over again. Standing up, he declared at the top of his voice, "MY BIGGEST NIGHTMARE IS WORSE THAN THIS!"

Sure enough, the change of field placed in the open, as well as shouting out loud was not the smartest idea, as this sent a Dark Pulse straight at his chest, knocking the wind out of him as well as sending him falling backwards. "I will admit, you are strong," Douken coughed out as he tried tocatch his breath, "but us humans are stubborn. Fire Fang." With Rufus's teeth catching on fire, he snapped his jaw down at Darkrai with a chance of burning and flinching on hand.

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:00 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.