Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Closed TopicStart new topic
Seiccan Serroc vs Dr. Adelaide Robinson, Field F-3. Island Arena.
Kamaitachi
post Jun 1 2013, 04:03 PM
Post #1

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

The Preliminaries and First Round Match between Seiccan Serroc and Dr. Adelaide Robinson

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Jun 2 2013, 03:35 AM
Post #2

Space Force? Pirate? Outlaw sounds nice...
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 17 104

PANE

its showtime! Having journeyed all the way from Barley, Seican was getting himself psyched up for the up-coming tournament. Not only was it a good way to show he was the best, but it also stood chance on raising his popularity and fan base. Bigger fan base meant more supports during his contest concerts, which in turn would pump him up for the bigger show! Not only that, but he may even be able to pull off a great idea if he had the right opponent.

"Seican Serroc has hit the stage!" he yelled out as the Makuhita facepalmed and sighed in annoyance. With the attendant looking through the paperwork, she handed him the papers to sign, and afterwards sent over to the machine to get his Pokemon adjusted.

Pokemon Alterations (click to show)

Oh, it was a beautiful sight indeed, seeing all of these moves available to him. So many creative ideas, so many inspiring combinations. Oh, why did it have to be temporary?!

"Cmon kid, hurry up, we are waiting for you in F-3." Well, might as well not let his fans waiting, right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Next up, Airi Kin Vs. Seican Serroc."

"Sigliph, you're up!"

"FX, the stage if yours!"

With both Pokemon set, things were ready to get underway.

"BEGIN!"

"FX, make it snow. Hail!"

"Like that will work. Sigliph, let's toy with him a bit. Psywave!"

With the Castform shooting bright blue ball in the sky, clouds seemed to of instantly gathered, dropping the temperature and filling the field with snow and hard pieces of nice. This caused FX to glow blue and change into his Snow form. However, Sigliph seemed nt to be too worried on the cold weather thanks to Magic Guard. Instead, it shot out waves of rings around the Castform, attacking in pulses.

"Now then, why don't we step our game up a little? Sigliph, use Psychic."

"Blizzard!"

"Wait, wha-"

Sigliph didn't like the command either and responded by shooting mental spikes into the castform's brain, stopping it from doing his job, but was unable to keep going at it when the blizzard was blown out of his mouth, mixing with the hail and freezing the Sigliph solid.

"No, no no, no, NO!"

"Let's finish things here. FX, show them an icy Weather Ball!"

Forming a white ball in his mouth, it took in the power from the weather and grew in size while becoming bright blue before shooting down on the ice sculpture.

"NOOOOOOO!"

"Sigliph is unable to battle, Seican Serroc is the winner! best of luck!"

With a smirk, he gave FX a thumbs up and said, "Nothing but skill, baby!"

--------------------
Let the Kishin Egg take you to my GPX+ Team.
+Quote Post

colourcodedchaos
post Jun 2 2013, 06:39 AM
Post #3

Mistress of Nothing In Particular!
Group Icon

Member No.: 178 365

Adelaide Robinson

Pokémon Alterations (click to show)

"LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAYDEEZ AAAAAN' GENNELMEN, WELCOME TO THE PETROPOLIS GRAND INVITATIONAL POKEMON BATTLE EXTRAVAGANZAAAAAAA! I'M YOUR ANNOUNCER, JOHN H. LAMOND, AND MY COLLEAGUE HERE IS THE ONE AND ONLY MISTER MICHAEL T.B. BAIN! GIVE US A SMILE, MIKEY!"

"I despise you and everything you stand for."

"FOR THOSE AT HOME, THAT'S MIKEY FOR 'I LOVE YOU'."

"No it isn't. Pay no heed to the shouty man, because he is a ghastly imbecile with a terrible stupid face."

"HAHA, OH, YOU AND YOUR UPPER-CLASS-ACCENTED ZINGERS, MICHAEL. BUT HAVE WE GOT A TOURNAMENT LINEUP FOR YOU, VIEWERS AT HOME! COMING TO YOU LIVE FROM THE J-2 MEGARENA IN DEAR OLD PETROPOLIS TOWN, WE HAVE THE MISTRESS OF THE DARK, THE LORD OF THE OBSCURE, THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON - EMMANUELLE VEIIIGAAAAAR!"

"I don't think you should really call her The Creature From The Black Lagoon, Lamond. It's not very nice."

"WELL, YOU DID JUST SAY I HAD A TERRIBLE STUPID FACE."

"Yes, but you do. There's no reason to believe that Veigar, dark and mysterious though she may be, actually comes from some sort of horrible swamp. Though some of her team might."

"INDEED, INDEED. NOW, HERE COMES THE CHALLENGER! FROM THE WATERY CITY OF CERULEAN BY WAY OF THE ROUTE 10 POWER PLANT, IT'S THE ONE, THE ONLY, THE... PERSON-I'VE-NOT-ENCOUNTERED-ENOUGH-BEFORE-TO-GIVE-A-NICKNAME-TO, DOCTOR ADELAIDE ROBINSON!"

"Hmm. Yes, she has rather burst onto the scene. I don't know a single damned thing about her, and that... disappoints me. Based on that, and that alone, I have to say I fancy Veigar for this. She got to the semi-finals at the Daioh All-Star Clash last year, but that said, she hasn't won much in a while. In addition, she's - hold on, we're getting the team previews up on the big screen now and oh my Lord, there's gonna be a stompin'."

"I GOTTA AGREE WITH YOU THERE, MIKE. THINGS ARE NOT LOOKING GOOD FOR THE ROOKIE HERE, AND EVEN THOUGH EMMANUELLE CAN ONLY USE FOUR OF HER CLASSIC MONO-DARK SETUP, I CAN'T SEE A BUNCH OF NFE MONS GIVING TOO MUCH RESISTANCE."

"Yeah. You have to wonder if Robinson's even taking this seriously. I mean, look at that. That's a Tynamo, for Arceus' sake! Who brings a Tynamo to a major tournament? Did she not have time to evolve it or something? That's just asking for a pasting. The only thing that I can see causing any problems is that Joltik, and Veigar's brought along her favourite lead."

"THAT'S RIGHT, WE'RE GONNA BE SEEING SOME SICK HOUNDOOM ACTION HERE, FOLKS! AND HERE THEY COME NOW, ONTO THE FIELD WITH THEIR LEADS AND - IS SHE MISSING AN EAR? I THINK SHE'S MISSING AN EAR!"

"Clearly she is some sort of professional Van Gogh impersonator."

"UH... A WHAT?"

"Never mind. You have to admit, though, that was a nice entrance from Robinson. Might've been better with a Rampardos, but whatever, you take what you can get."

"WAIT, WAIT, WAIT - WE'VE GOT A BIT OF A SITUATION HERE! I'VE JUST BEEN INFORMED THAT THIS IS GONNA BE A ONE ON ONE BATTLE!"

"That's right, Lamond. This is a hangover from last year's Arasam Regionals, when two RestTalk Snorlaxes kept the crowd here for sixteen days. As an aside, RestTalk Snorlaxes are banned from this competition, so there's no need to pack your sleeping bag and a thermos of tea."

"WHAT IS IT WITH YOU AND TEA?"

"I find it a delicious and invigorating bodily restorative. Really, considering what you drink, there's a saying that comes to mind about glass houses and Geodudes."

"THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH WIKI-PECHA-BLUK SMOOTHIES AND YOU KNOW IT, MIKE. NOW THEN, LET'S SEE WHAT'S - OH! THE BATTLE IS GONNA BE HOUNDOOM VERSUS MANTYKE!"

"Yeah, that's probably her safest bet. I mean, she doesn't have a lot of options here, and Houndoom does have a pretty lousy Special Defence. However, Mantyke just has pretty lousy stats full stop, except for a decent Special Defence. I have to wonder if Veigar's going to do what she usually does and play with her food before eating it."

"YUP, THAT'S WHAT SHE DID IN THE PRELIMS FOR DAIOH ALL-STARS EARLIER THIS YEAR AND IT NEARLY GOT HER KNOCKED OUT."

"Okay then, let's see what they're going to do as battle is joined! And yes, we called it, Veigar opens with an Overheat - that's a pretty powerful move, though, but Robinson just tanks the damage and lowers Veigar's special attack. That Mantyke's still at half health, though, and you have to wonder just how much more punishment it'll be forced to take in the battle-"

"LOOKS LIKE IT DIDN'T MATTER TO HER! THAT MANTYKE'S LET LOOSE A SICK FEINT AND DRAWN THE HOUNDOOM OUT OF POSITION - BAM! RIGHT INTO THE HYDRO PUMP! THAT WAS AN AWESOME PIECE OF POSITIONAL PLAY THERE, FOLKS - WELL, YOU CAN SEE IT BETTER THAN WE CAN!"

"Yes, that they can. Veigar's looking annoyed and she's called out the Thunder Fang - why she didn't do that earlier is beyond me - but Robinson predicts where the move's going to come from perfectly and Mantyke evades! You're right, Lamond, as much as that pains me to say so. This woman knows how to dodge. What she's going to do against an opponent who doesn't screw around in the first turn is anyone's guess, though."

"THAT IS INDEED CORRECT-A-MUNDO, MIKEY!"

"Never say that again."

"YIKES! A NARROW ESCAPE FOR EMMANUELLE'S HOUNDOOM THERE, THOSE HYDRO PUMPS PACKING A SERIOUS PUNCH. IT'S STARTING TO RAIN A LITTLE BIT, THAT'LL SUIT ADELAIDE DOWN TO THE GROUND AS THE HOUNDOOM COMES IN FOR ANOTHER THUNDER FANG AND - OHOHO! THAT IS BALLSY FROM THE ROOKIE! MIKEY, ARE YOU SURE WE'RE NOT WATCHING A CO-ORDINATOR BATTLE?"

"Ha. No, but that was a scintillating bit of play, Veigar feinting and coming in for an attack when Robinson uses that speed bonus from the rain to barrel-roll over the doggy's head and hit him with an Air Slash, the Houndoom is still up, Arceus alone knows how, she's coming in with another Thunder Fang, this could be big, Houndoom outspeeds Mantyke by a long damned way and that double weakness to Electric isn't going to help, the fangs are about to come down and - I don't believe it! Robinson dodges out of the way AGAIN, Veigar's Houndoom eats yet more of that nutritious floorboard he seems to have developed a craving for, and THERE'S THE HYDRO PUMP AGAIN! What an upset! Adelaide Robinson, luckiest science woman in the world, knocks out Emmanuelle Veigar in the preliminary rounds! Lamond, your thoughts?"

"WELL, I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL WAS GOING ON IN EMMANUELLE VEIGAR'S BRAIN THERE, OPENING WITH THE OVERHEAT WAS JUST SHOOTING HERSELF IN THE FOOT. IF THAT MANTYKE HAD BEEN FULLY EVOLVED, THERE'S ALMOST NO WAY THAT VEIGAR'S HOUNDOOM WOULDA SURVIVED THAT. I HOPE THAT VEIGAR LEARNS HER LESSON AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT THIS GIRL CAN DO IN A MULTI-BATTLE FORMAT. WE'RE GONNA TAKE A BREAK NOW, BUT DON'T GO AWAY BECAUSE WE'LL BE SHOWING YOU SOME MORE PETROPOLIS GRAND INVITATIONAL ACTION REAL SOON!"

"Seriously, don't go away. I've got a wife and crack habit to feed."

This post has been edited by colourcodedchaos: Jun 2 2013, 06:43 PM

--------------------
I remain,
Yr. Obdt. Svt,
CCC.

Something to give you hope.
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Jun 2 2013, 12:36 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

PANE

"Attention. May Seican Serroc and Adelaide Robinson please gather at the Island Arena. You match starts in five minutes. I repeat, may Seican Serroc and Adelaide Robinson please gather at the Island Arena. You match starts in five minutes."

That was his cue. Running over to the place where the island battles were taking place. Letting himself get known by the battle coordinator, he was pointed over to the F-3 field. Running over there, he got himself set up for who he thought would be best for the arena. Setting two Pokeballs down, he had his team ready: FX, Mara, and Record.

"Seican Serroc," the judge asked as he waited for the opponent, "what is you battle preference?"

"Double, but we will also have to see what my opponent will like as well, right?" With a nod, the judge began to watch the other direction, waiting for his opponent. As for Seican, he started to play the main beat from Cowboys from Hell.

--------------------
+Quote Post

colourcodedchaos
post Jun 2 2013, 01:50 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Adelaide Robinson

Adelaide felt like she was glowing as the announcers called out her name and redirected her to Arena F-3. She'd won! She'd actually, genuinely won a Pokemon battle, and it hadn't even been that much of a fluke! Okay, some of the manoeuvres couldn't have been pulled off without that downpour, and she really hoped her next opponent (Seiccan Serroc, which sounded like the stage name picked by a drunkard with a massive head injury) did something as daft as open with a fire attack on a Water-type, but she'd still emerged victorious! Mantyke was beaming - literally, her Signal Beam being something of a celebratory thing for her - and the others were crowded around her to congratulate her. This is... this is heaven, she thought to herself, this is how it felt when a dastardly plan came together back home. I wonder if Mum and Dad would be proud to see me here? I wonder how long it'd take Mum to conquer the world, actually, she was always better at hacking than I am...

Eventually, she and her entourage of Pokemon arrived at F-3, where a bored-looking bureaucratic-type (they were always easy to spot) looked at her through both a pair of gold-rimmed spectacles and his nostrils. "Adelaide Robinson-"

"I would prefer to be addressed as THE DEMENTED DOCTOR SPATULA!"

"... Adelaide Robinson, your opponent has already registered. You're entered for a Double Battle format, but if you prefer, a Triple or Mono Battle can be arranged." His tone indicated that this would not be a good idea.

"A Double Battle will be fine, thank you, Alistair."

That got his attention. "H-How do you know my name?"

"Facial recognition scan, hacked social network database, brief profile match, look for name, address, clothes size, buying habits, credit card details, and where your step-daughter Molly goes to school. You might want to talk to her about school, actually, she's near as dammit failing Maths." Adelaide quirked an eyebrow at the man while he spluttered. "The work of moments. Don't worry, your data is a lot safer than it was before and I didn't keep any information. I didn't want to keep the information of a mediocre bureaucrat. Though you might want to get a new credit card."

"W-W-W-Why?"

"Because I've cancelled all your other ones. I'm a mad scientist supervillain, remember? I put it on enough of the forms... now then. Down the hall?"

"Blibble."

"Excellent. Tynamo, honey, I'm afraid you have to stay here. Don't worry about a thing, the nice man will keep you company, won't he?"

"Mo," said Tynamo disgustedly. The translation, courtesy of Roxy, is sadly unrepeatable.

"Gloob," mumbled Alistair, before he collapsed backwards and started to blow bubbles with his spit.

"Well then... ladies, we ride!" With that, she jumped atop Roxy's back, Mantyke floating along at her side and Joltik tangled in her hair, and galloped out into the stadium. She liked this entrance. She was proud of this entrance. Hacking the PA network to play the Imperial March, which came from a film she knew for a fact didn't exist here, had been something of a challenge; that the challenge was mostly trying to get the PA system to acknowledge what a .mp6 file was didn't really affect her mood much.

"Respect the classics," she said to herself, before breaking into her pre-written (well, pre-scribbled) speech, amended slightly.

"CITIZENS OF PETROPOLIS ARENA F-3! I AM THE DEMENTED DOCTOR SPATULA, PROFESSIONAL MAD SCIENTIST, TRANSDIMENSIONAL PHYSICIST AND FULLY-ACCREDITED CHILDREN'S PARTY CATERER! MY WORLD-BESTRIDING LEGIONS OF TERROR, REPRESENTED HERE BY JOLTIK AND MANTYKE, WHOSE WORK YOU SAW IN MY ELEGANT DEMOLITION OF EMMANUELLE VEIGAR, SHALL SOON DESTROY YOU ALL! BUT FIRST, IT PLEASES ME TO FACE DOWN AGAINST SEICCAN SERROC, WHICH I ALMOST CERTAINLY MISPRONOUNCED AND DO NOT GIVE A FIG THAT I DID! HE SHALL KNOW THE MIGHT OF DEMENTED DOCTOR SPATULA, AND HE SHALL KNOW HIS DOOM! MWAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!"

"That was probably a little... much," said Roxy.

"Oh, no doubt, but it gives the punters someone to boo."

This post has been edited by colourcodedchaos: Jun 3 2013, 03:47 PM

--------------------
I remain,
Yr. Obdt. Svt,
CCC.

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Jun 2 2013, 03:20 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

PANE

Seican performed a deep strum, having it echo throughout the arena. "You think youc an steal my spotlight like that? Well, I got news for you, babe! I am Seican Serroc, the next big thing out there! Feel honored that you get to take me on within this competition and that you, too, will become one of my fan girls when the night is over! Having doubts, are we? Well, let me show you why! FX, Mara, let's rock this stage!"

With his Pokeballs prepped inside of the Contest Ball Capsules, his entrances were a lot more eye-catching than the simple materialization. With FX, he prepared a Burning entrance, materializing with flame as Mara with a Flora Seal, surrounding her with pedals beforeshe landed on the lone island surrounded by water. it didn't matter who she stated with (though I am assuming it is Joltik and Mantyke), his opening was going to be the same.

"Now then, FX, Sunny Day. Mara, follow with Growth!"

The Castform shot a small red ball in the air, which not only began to clear away any clouds in the sky, but also began to redirect the sunlight onto the battlefield, and with the intense sunlight, FX began to glow blue before shifting to his Sun Form, turning into a Fire type. This was Mara's cue. With the Maractus gathering extra sunlight, the thorns on her body gave off a green hue before shooting out bigger and the flowers on her head blooming more. The doctor better know that thanks to the sun, Mara's attack and special attack have simply doubled right then and there.

--------------------
+Quote Post

colourcodedchaos
post Jun 2 2013, 04:12 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Adelaide Robinson

"HAH! FOOLISH MURDERER OF INNOCENT GUITAR STRINGS, YOU LEAVE YOURSELF WIDE OPEN TO ATTACK! GIRLS, DEPLOY IN FORMATION AQUA FOUR-VICTOR-ONE, AND MARK YOUR TARGET WELL!" With that, Adelaide snapped her fingers and watched, half-monitoring proceedings on her cybereye as her brain worked out strategies at a frenetic pace. She knew that if her minions remained unboosted, they would stand little chance against Maractus' SolarBeam, especially since it didn't need a charge turn with the sunny weather in effect. As such, they needed to take out the laser turret - the Maractus, in Adelaide's eyes - as swiftly as possible. So she smirked, and watched, and believed.

Joltik leapt atop Mantyke's back and dug in with her claws, and the two sped off, skimming delicately across the water to reach Mara's island. As the little manta Pokemon soared into view, Joltik let out a horrible noise - specifically, a Bug Buzz that smashed into the ears of everyone in the stadium and sent the floral cactus reeling, thanks largely to a weakness to Bug-type moves on her part. Joltik's compound eyes worked well in conjunction with Mantyke's natural electrosensitivity, finding the best coverage point for the awful din and letting it savage their foes. Even so, Mantyke winced, the noise reverberating in her fins and causing some damage to sensitive parts of her brain.

The doctor could see her falter, and spoke up. "DON'T WORRY, MANTYKE! JUST LIKE WE PRACTICED! I'M STILL HERE!" With that, Mantyke growled and flipped over to cover her friend, then flopped back to show off the glowing multicoloured orb between her horns. The front flip was integral, as despite her many and varied protestations to the contrary, Joltik was a very fragile beast. The orb, on the other hand, was just showing off... until it fired. The Signal Beam sliced through the air towards the dazed-looking Maractus, Adelaide's minion's accuracy seemingly unerring... but would it connect?

This post has been edited by colourcodedchaos: Jun 3 2013, 03:47 PM

--------------------
I remain,
Yr. Obdt. Svt,
CCC.

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Jun 2 2013, 05:03 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

PANE

Okay, it was a painful combination, but its not like Mara was a glass cannon. No, the boost was going to be good, because there was another aspect of moves that grass were known to have, and that was healing. "Mara, Giga Drain! FX, Weather Ball!" Strumming his guitar again, Mara used the strongest grass draining move by shooting out green whips of energy from the spikes on her hand, going after the Mantyke.

however, unlike trying to focus on one target, the Castform went after the Joltik with the other attack, forming a white ball in his mouth before firing it off. Right when it got into the sun;s rays, it turned orange and began to spiral with flames. It was a move that not only got power from the weather in general, but it boosted by the sun's strength and a fire user's natural ability of use. All against a small bug.

It was too bad Seican didn't have time to practice with these moves though. What he got on his list looked like a collection of great move combinations. Just sucked that testing them out could kill him in this spot.

--------------------
+Quote Post

colourcodedchaos
post Jun 2 2013, 06:39 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Adelaide Robinson

"MANTYKE, JOLTIK, GIVE IT THE OLD SWITCHEROO!"

Warning, came a pre-recorded message from her cybereye, run through enough filters to sound like Microsoft Sam with a heavy chest infection, Switcheroo is not currently in the movepool of any of your active Pokemon. Would you like to reconsider?

"I know what I'm doing," she muttered, which garnered a surprised glance from her mighty dino steed.

And it became clear that she did. Joltik burst forward off of Mantyke's back, chittering in pain as she tanked the damage from the glowing, ominous-looking tendrils that sent fresh life force running through Maractus' xylem structures. In response, Mantyke swooped and gritted her teeth before tanking the damage from the Weather Ball. Surprisingly, it didn't hurt her that much; she guessed it was just a natural resistance to energy attacks borne from a combination of tough hide, a decent typing, and sheer bloody-mindedness.

The doctor threw back her head and laughed as insanely as she could - there had been classes for perfecting maniacal cackling in her youth. "FOOL! YOU SEEK TO DESTROY MY MINIONS? THEY OUTSMART YOU AT EVERY TURN; NOT, IN FAIRNESS, THAT SUCH INTELLECTUAL ENDEAVOURS ARE USUALLY BEYOND THEM! OR INDEED BEYOND SEVERAL SPECIES OF LEAF MOULD! BEHOLD THE POWER OF SCIEEEEEEEENCE!"

With that, Joltik snarled and pounced on Mara's bloom, bellowing her Bug Buzz right into what she assumed was the Maractus' ear. Mantyke, on the other hand, swooped over to the Castform and let loose the Air Slash she'd charged up with the energy from the little blob thingy's own Weather Ball. As the pulses of silver light smashed into the Castform's frame, Adelaide looked upon her works and smiled.

This post has been edited by colourcodedchaos: Jun 3 2013, 04:25 PM

--------------------
I remain,
Yr. Obdt. Svt,
CCC.

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Jun 3 2013, 06:50 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

PANE

Mara cried in pain as the Joltik was being sharply loud inside her ears. Sure, FX was feeling the same pain as well, but it wasn't like he had the Joltik less than a foot above her ear! It also wasn't helping that FX was takinga beating from the Air Slash too.

"Is that your way of calling me stupid?!" Seican screamed back. "Because i will show you what happens to those who insult me! Mara, Petal Dance! FX, Fire Blast!"

With the flowers on her head spinning, they began to throw up a sort of flower pedal tornado as Mara began to spin about. Now, normally, a move like this would hit the closest target, but in this case, it would be the Joltik on top of her head that would get a full front. And since he was so persistent to get rid of the tick, he had FX shoot a five-point blast of flame at it as well... with Mara in the line of fire as well! Sure enough, the burning impact hit the Cactus Pokemon, causing her to fall over.

"Maractus is unable to battle!"

Whoops... Well, that was certainly a Seican moment there, but he had to wait for the judge's okay to send in his Ariados in a cloud of black smoke.

--------------------
+Quote Post

colourcodedchaos
post Jun 3 2013, 08:22 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Adelaide Robinson

"YOU SEE! I HAVE NO NEED TO CALL YOU STUPID WHEN YOUR FOOLISH STAND AGAINST ME YIELDS SUCH AMUSING RESULTS! WHEN I CONQUER THE WORLD WITH MY LEGIONS OF DOOM, YOU SHALL DEFINITELY BE INSTALLED AS COURT JESTER! YOUR ANTICS AMUSE ME, THOUGH YOUR FACE MAKES MY STOMACH CHURN LIKE A BOILING SEA!"

While Adelaide was busy posturing and working the crowd, Mantyke swooped around and prodded the stunned, charred-looking Joltik with a fin tip. <Uh... J? You okay there, girlfriend?>

<What do you think,> said Joltik, before passing out.

"Joltik is unable to battle! Do your best to contain your amazement. Contestants, please send out your remaining Pokemon-"

"HAH! IT ALL GOES ACCORDING TO PLAN!" Adelaide bellowed.

"Really?" Roxy asked, a bemused expression crossing her face. "Because it doesn't really look that way. Nor does it match any of the sims we've run."

"I... IT'S DEFINITELY ALL GOING TO PLAN. I MIGHT BE MAKING THE PLAN UP AS I GO ALONG, BUT THAT'S HOW I KNOW THAT EVERYTHING IS GOING TO PLAN!"

"Any time you can stop shouting, Doctor Spatula, that'd be super..." Roxy groaned, but she scampered into the field as Mantyke tossed Joltik's limp form over to the doctor's side. This would have been an excellent beginning, but in her posturing, Adelaide had forgotten to dismount. The result was that she'd need to find a dry-cleaning salon for her lab coat.

"THIS WAS ALSO PLANNED! YES! THIS WAS TO LULL YOU INTO A FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT I FELL OFF A DINOSAUR WHILE WEARING QUITE STUPENDOUSLY IMPRACTICAL FOOTWEAR! INDEED! Oh, let's just get on with it. MANTYKE, ROXY, COVER EACH OTHER AND PREPARE TO TAKE OUT THAT ARIADOS! IT DISPLEASES ME! ALMOST AS MUCH AS SAMPAN STIRRUP'S DEBATABLE SENTIENCE AND CAR CRASH OF A FACE! ALAKAZAMMY!"

"STAIRHEID RAMMY!" Roxy shouted back, then carried on in Poké to Mantyke. <Are you sure she knows what she's doing? You've known her longer than I have->

<Rox, hun, she knows. Maybe not consciously, but she knows. Besides, you get to cold-cock that gimmicky-ass bitch over there, so quit complaining. Arceus, I hate this damn heat...>

<I know. It'll be over soon, one way or another.>

<Yeah, it will. Let's you an' me still be here to see the end. You're my main babe, after all.> With that, Mantyke glowed, set her sights on the Castform she'd just disparaged, and forced the creature to tank another Air Slash. <See? Got him nice and softened up for you. Ain't that nice?>

((It'd be much more efficient for me to attack Record with Mantyke, but I'm not sure that Record is actually on the field yet...))

--------------------
I remain,
Yr. Obdt. Svt,
CCC.

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Jun 3 2013, 11:46 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

PANE

"Castform is unable to battle!" With no way to heal and the hits he had taken, FX has also fallen, setting the battle into a two-on-one situation. Still, the sun was shining bright for a good couple minutes. However, there was still one more trick up the trainer's sleeve.

"Record, Electroweb!" From the cloud of black smoke, the large spider spat out a web net, stretching over his opponent's side of the field. Now, normally this web would entangle the foesand slowing them down, but thanks to some genetics from the tick earlier, it was actually conductive, able to zap both enemies where they stood as the cloud passed away and showing off the spider.

Now jamming at his strings with hammer-ons and pull-offs, Seican began to shout, "Yes! YES! THIS IS WHAT ITS ABOUT! BEING AT THE CORNER OF DEFEAT, WHEN ALL ENDS SEEM TO BE AGAINST YOU. THIS IS WHEN THE SHOW REALLY BEGINS! NOW RECORD, ITS TIME TO CLAIM THE STAGE AS YOUR OWN, AND YOU WILL LET NO HALF-BRAINED DINOSAUR STOP YOU!"

--------------------
+Quote Post

colourcodedchaos
post Jun 4 2013, 04:20 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Adelaide Robinson

"HAH! I SEE YOUR PUNY MIND IS SO INCAPABLE OF COMING UP WITH A STRATEGY THAT YOU RESORT TO THE TECHNIQUES OF MY OWN MINIONS!" The Imperial March fired up again and the good doctor smirked, for the thing about Electroweb was that it did a lot less damage when spread across more than one opponent. This meant that even though Mantyke had taken some damage and Roxy had paper-thin defences to begin with, they could tank the damage from the Ariados' web and still deliver an almighty smackdown to the opposing poser's spider minion.

"ROXY, BREAK THE WEB AND STICK ONE RIGHT ON THAT SPIDER'S POINTY FACE! MANTYKE, GO THROUGH AFTER ROXY AND FOLLOW IT UP WITH AN AIR SLASH!"

Roxy nodded, lowered her head, and charged, carving a hole in the spidersilk with her massive crimson head, the dome on the top spitting sparks as she charged through. Mantyke followed suit, even though to her the damage was a lot more debilitating, but still she ploughed on. Unfortunately, a trailing strand of silk caught her again, and she went down like a sack of potatoes, shivering and crying out from the pain. Roxy growled and stomped purposefully towards the Ariados, which was now chittering nervously. "See you, pal," she said dangerously, "do youse want tae take this outside, is that it?" Then she spread her tiny, stubby arms. "Oh, now would ye believe it! It would appear we're already outside! And ye ken whut that means..."

WHAM

"STITCH THA', YA WEE GOBSHITE!"

Cranidos' Head Smash is actually one of the most powerful in the world. Coming off a naturally high Attack stat and boosted by the wonderful gift that is STAB, it's capable of demolishing a brick wall. So a giant spider was unlikely to give it any trouble... and didn't.

This was only exacerbated when Mantyke struggled back to consciousness just in time to let off one last Air Slash, blasting it through the air to .

"YOU SEE? IT IS FOLLY TO STAND BEFORE THE MIGHT OF THE DEMENTED DOCTOR SPATULA! NOW, IN THE WORDS OF MY FATHER, TURN THAT BLOODY ROW OFF!" If there was one thing Adelaide loved more than anything else in the world, it was a stable wireless internet connection. By hacking into the arena's power supply systems, she redirected a huge amount of power to the noodling wannabe Van Halen's amp stack... which deafened the entire stadium for a few seconds before tripping the circuit breakers. Some of the amps did look slightly melted, but that was only to be expected.

This post has been edited by colourcodedchaos: Jun 4 2013, 04:21 AM

--------------------
I remain,
Yr. Obdt. Svt,
CCC.

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Jun 4 2013, 10:18 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

PANE

Okay, that hurt! And what was more amazing was the Mantyke was still moving! Sure, he had the defenses, but with a 4X effective attack, previous damage, and not being known for their health, it was a bit of a surprised the baby still stood. Barely, but still stood. The worst of it was the amp he was using got destroyed! THAT WAS A RENTAL! However, being a coordinator, there was one thing he had to learn: Take advantage of timing with stubborn Pokemon!

"Psychic!" ... Nothing happen. "Hey, Record, I said Psychic!" That was when the dust cleared from the Head Smash.

"Ariados is unable to battle, which means Dr. Adelaide is the winner!" Seican's jaw dropped as his spider was plastered on the floor with his eyes covered in swirls.

Sighing, he returned his knocked out teammates before unplugging his guitar, running over to the doctor and offered his hand.

"Yeah, you kicked my ass, but that does not mean i will simply be your jester. However, I fell it should be in proper respect if I do this." Dusting off his hand, he held it out in an offer of a handshake. "Best of luck in the next round." Now only one thing rang in his head. Now how the hell am I supposed to build my fan base?

This post has been edited by Douken Sota: Jun 4 2013, 11:31 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

colourcodedchaos
post Jun 4 2013, 12:11 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Adelaide Robinson

Adelaide clasped her hands together and raised them up like a boxing champ when she heard those lovely words "Ariados is unable to battle! Doctor Adelaide Robson wins!" Then, while she was busy feeding a potion with her left hand to a distinctly woozy-looking Roxy, she noticed some movement and turned around.

Seican said his piece, and she smiled. Just as expected. "Quite right. It's always respectful to wish the victor well, and it is the role of the victor to be magnanimous." She grasped his hand firmly and shook it. "I'll see you again one day, I'm sure."

"Two and one half badgers please."

"Yes, Roxy, thank you for your input."

"Shneeb," shneebed Roxy, who was beginning to look like she had a concussion.

"So, d'you need a hand in scraping your spider friend off the floor? I'm sure I could get some service drones together and - wait - drones - yes - YES! Maldon's Theorem of Artificial Cardinality! Oh, where did I put my charcoal - ah. Here. In my pocket. Come along, girls, let's find a handy bit of wall!" She belted off, her overawed team in tow, and started scribbling peculiar symbols and patterns on a table in the stadium canteen.

Such is the fate of an exile.

--------------------
I remain,
Yr. Obdt. Svt,
CCC.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th March 2024 - 09:08 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.