Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Closed TopicStart new topic
Winner's Bracket: Robinson vs Smart, Round 2: Main Arena
Kamaitachi
post Aug 5 2013, 10:39 PM
Post #1

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

The main arena, a gargantuan colliseum overlooking the vast sea, has separated into 8 fields, each with its own set of stands, while the higher seats have a lovely view of all eight battles. Each battle is televised on the giant screens located along the walls, giving spectators the nitty gritty close-up views of each battle.

The battles to come would be fierce, and with so many raging simultaneously, and to be distracted by the neighboring fights could easily spell a loss.

The Match for this field was slated for Justin Smart and Adelaide Robinson. The field looked like a shattered war zone, with overturned vehicles and detritus littering almost every part of the stage. The visible ground even had an ominous scorched look to it, as if someone had dropped a bomb.

The referee, holding the trademark flags, floated nearby on what could only be described as a hovering disc; yet another technological marvel of Daioh Scientists. The ref tapped his fingers on his poketch, which revealed a rotating triangular pyramid on the main screen. Once it stopped rotating, it revealed a large number 3:

"This will be a three on three battle conducted in Triple Battle Style! Trainers, summon your pokemon now!"

This battle seemed ready to erupt. The stakes? Continuing participation in the tournament.

The crowd roared in anticipation.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

colourcodedchaos
post Aug 7 2013, 06:53 AM
Post #2

Mistress of Nothing In Particular!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 178 365

Adelaide Robinson

"Now, look here, mate. I'm perfectly aware that my moth- trainer isn't here. I have eyes, you know. She's six feet tall and covered in maths equations, she's not exactly difficult to spot. I'm telling you what I told her - I'll take care of the battle until she shows up, which might be a while because she's more than a little bit mental."

"Nope." The security guard stood absolutely motionless in front of the trio of Pokemon.

"But, but you have to let us in! We just told you she's going to be late, and I want to give her a fighting chance! Doesn't that matter to you?"

"Nope."

thompthompthompthompthomp

"Ugh," Roxy mumbled, hanging her head, "she hasn't been disqualified, she won't be that late, we're all here, I've got a piece of paper that says I'm sentient - well, Mum has - I, I mean my trainer has - and, um, where was I going? Oh, right. LET US IN NOW YOU FLABBY LITTLE GRAVELER OF A HUMAN BEING!"

"Nope."

There are always people like this security guard. They are capable of following instructions to the letter (which they have read with a finger moving along the line, possibly while mouthing the words), standing still for long periods of time, and hitting people with a stick of some kind. They exist everywhere in the multiverse - well, everywhere there's a night club to be found, at any rate. These bull-necked, balding, officious, xenophobic thugs (though regional variances in general appearance apply) would have looked on this example of their creed as some kind of stoic, sweaty god.

THOMPTHOMPTHOMPTHOMPTHOMP

"What do you want? Money? We can get you money. Humans like money, so I've heard. You want money?"

"Nope."

"<Can't I just fry him alive?>" asked Joltik.

"<No, you can't. Who'd clear up all the mess?>"

THOMPTHOMPTHOMPTHOMPTHOMP

"Er, you wouldn't happen to know what that noise is, would you?"

"Nope."

"Thought not."

THOMPTHOMPTHOMPTHOMPTHOMP!

"Ty!" A voice called, from higher up than it normally did.

A hatch opened on the front of the strange, bipedal walking robot (the guard thought it looked like a modern art version of Registeel, which meant he hated it even more than normal and therefore almost as much as he feared it) and the pilot, a woman in her twenties covered in scars, leant out. She seemed to look right through him, though technically all she was doing was looking through his social media accounts and bank statements.

"Hello, Arnold Tamzarian of 52 Chilcot Street, Daioh, married to Simone and possessed of four incalculably ugly sons. There wouldn't be a problem, would there?"

"Nope," said the security guard, and stepped aside.

Adelaide prepared the Imperial March for her walkon music and strutted towards the field of battle, her friends at her side. Roxy leaned up to talk to her while the others just nestled in her hair and rubbed themselves on her cheek.

"Where the hell were you? I thought I'd have to do it all myself!"

"Everywhere and nowhere at once. Also, a small tent in a scrapheap not too far away."

"Why were you in a - oh, yeah. Stupid question."

"Now now, no question is stupid, only easily answered."

"Okay." With that, they stepped into the sun to face off against their foe.

"HAIL, PUNY HUMAN WEAKLINGS! THE DEMENTED DOCTOR SPATULA GREETS YOU AS YOU ONCE MORE FACE YOUR DOOM! AND BY YOU, I MEAN MISTER JUSTIN SMART, WHO HAS THE MOST IRONIC NAME IN THE TOURNAMENT THUS FAR! SOMEONE EXPLAIN THAT JOKE TO THE MAN! BE SURE TO USE LITTLE WORDS AND IF POSSIBLE A COUPLE OF DIAGRAMS!"

The crowd was already booing a bit, which suited Adelaide just fine. Being a mad scientist, after all, was as much about the presentation as the research. Conferences back home were generally a bit lairy by the second day, mostly because of all the booze flowing. Still, she was the MSU&FBS representative to Furoh, so she'd be damned if she didn't put on a show for the normals.

--------------------
I remain,
Yr. Obdt. Svt,
CCC.

Something to give you hope.
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Aug 18 2013, 02:38 PM
Post #3

Omar comin'
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 745

PANE

Justin Smart quietly approached his place in the arena. His mind elsewhere, he barely noticed the antics going on around him. He couldn't figure out whether he should be focusing his useless misery on Pan, or on the...Other thing. But the awkward looking Registeel replica marching towards him was barely registering.

His attention popped up, though, when the insane woman from the robot thing called him out directly. Evidently, she was trying to insult him, but it didn't matter. He wasn't there to talk shit, and it wasn't as though he had any pride remaining to defend. He simply stood, looking back at her, with a blank expression on his face. He reached down and grabbed the three pokemon he planned on using.

Hitmontop, who was probably one of the only pokemon in the tournament to be weakened by the level modifier, was still Justin's most trusted companion. They had been through so much hell together, there was absolutely no way he'd ever be prepared for a fight without Hitmontop by his side.

Pinsir was next. He brought a good amount of power to the table, and would be able to dispatch of any Psychic pokemon Hitmontop might not be able to handle. Justin was happy that he could, finally, depend on Pinsir, who actually tried to kill him more than a few times.

And finally, Sudowoodo, one of Justin's first pokemon. He brought power and durability, though a noteworthy lack of speed. Hitmontop and Pinsir were both weak to flyers, and Sudowoodo would be able to handle those.

Ultimately, Justin's strategy was to have Pinsir and Sudowoodo support Hitmontop, and just have Hitmontop do his thing. "Here are my three," he said holding up the three pokeballs he would be using to the referee.

"Very well," the ref nodded. "Before you reveal them, Ms. Robinson, please determine which three you will be using."

--------------------

[spoiler=PANE - Justin Smart]
Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
Currently In: Zoobreak!
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]
[spoiler=PANE - Jill Laurent]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Currently In: Back in the Zone[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Uprising - Abraham West]Magma - Grunt
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
Currently In: Interception!
:piloswine: :elekid: :shellder:[/spoiler]
+Quote Post

colourcodedchaos
post Aug 20 2013, 09:23 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Adelaide Robinson

"Ahem. REPRESENTING THE OFFICIAL LEGIONS OF TERROR OF THE DEMENTED DOCTOR SPATULA, AND THEREFORE YOUR SUBSEQUENT SUBJUGATION IN THE NAME OF MAD SCIENCE, SHALL BE THE THREE STOOD IN FRONT OF YOU! WHICH I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT OBVIOUS, BUT THERE YOU ARE! ROXY, JOLTIK, MANTYKE, LET'S GET STARTED ON THESE FOOLS!"

"Ty..." opined Tynamo, who was frankly feeling left out.

"I know, sweetie, but not in front of the crowd. Besides, I don't want to risk anyone hurting you."

"Mo," he said sulkily, and went to play with some interesting-looking string.

Battle was about to be joined, and Roxy was already thinking about plans, which was perhaps a little strange considering her species was not renowned for its high IQ. They didn't have a huge amount of coverage between them, but the previous battle (which she'd watched a rerun of - not that 1v1s tended to take long) had shown a Hitmontop. Fighting-types like them were good target practice for nasty STAB Flying moves... which they had in spades, thanks to Mantyke's second type. What they didn't have, being NFEs, was speed. Nobody on the team had any so-called 'priority' moves, nobody had very much speed anyway, and the only thing that would even give them a shot at moving was dependent on Joltik getting off a web on the first round, which... well, whether that would work remained to be seen, but she knew the Hitmontop had used a Fake Out and Mach Punch combo so that probably meant she'd drop to that.

Especially since she was the one who could take him out in the first place. All she had to do was get her mind right these days...

She'd miss the power when she was deleveled again, she knew.

But she also knew how quickly it would come to her again, what with her Doctor watching over her.

--------------------
I remain,
Yr. Obdt. Svt,
CCC.

+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Aug 20 2013, 10:38 PM
Post #5

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

"Okay," Justin nodded, taking into account his opponent's team. Justin was never a strong strategist. In fact, he was at quite the disadvantage here due to Hitmontop being on the same level as everyone else. He was used to just having Hitmontop pound away at pokemon 40 levels beneath him. That wasn't the case here, so he was a little out of his element.

What he did force himself, begrudgingly, to learn, was type advantages.

Fighting beats Rock. "Hitmontop, you take the Cranidos."

Rock beats Bug. "Sudowoodo, take the Joltik."

Pinsir was a badass. "Pinsir, you take the Mantyke."

Fighting a 3v3 was definitely putting Justin out of his element. Having to understand the complexities of pokemon working side by side at that level was beyond his capabilities. Forcing it into three 1v1s was his best option, though of course, he couldn't control what Adelaide did, but he could at least command his pokemon to pick their targets. He didn't specify what moves, partly because he trusted them, but mostly because he didn't trust himself.

So Hitmontop started out with his all time favorite starting moveset, the one Justin had commanded him to do hundreds of times prior - Fake Out/Mach Punch. Both of these moves had priority, both of them were boosted by Hitmontop's Technician, so it was very likely that both would be successful, and that both would hurt. Fake Out came first, obviously, as it had to by necessity. No pokemon would get faked out by the same goofy move twice in a row, even something more hard headed than Justin himself. Fake Out's damage would be reduced by Cranidos' Rock type, but in the very least, it would keep it from doing anything that turn, while taking some free damage. If Mach Punch was able to follow, that damage would hurt. Not only would it not be reduced by the Rock type, it would be doubled. It would even increase further due to Hitmontop being a Fighting type himself. The damage would be very strong, especially considering Cradisos' extremely lack of defenses.

Putting his fastest burst attacker on Adelaide's glass cannon would prove to be a very smart decision, though to what level was sort of beyond Justin. It was more luck than anything.

Sudowoodo opted to use his most powerful attack, one he learned due to the boost in level. Previously, Rock Tomb would have been his go-to for Rock moves, but now he had access to Rock Slide, which was much stronger, and was such a devastating attack that the target could potentially flinch, similar to Fake Out. So, he began throwing rocks right towards the Joltik.

Pinsir against Mantyke was interesting. Perhaps Justin's best option would have been to put Sudowoodo against Mantyke. Pinsir's Bug type was ineffective against Mantyke's Flying type, and Mantyke could easily counterattack for decent damage. However, Pinsir was smart enough and ambitious enough to know that he was going into this battle with a disadvantage, and would try to work his way around it. It decided to use the one move in its arsenal that doesn't care about type advantage - Guillotine.

He charged the water type with his head down and his pincers open. It wasn't an easy attack to land due to the recklessness of it, but if it was able to capture that pokemon in his pincers, it would be over.

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

colourcodedchaos
post Aug 21 2013, 06:44 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Adelaide Robinson

Adelaide was intensely worried. Her Pokemon friends were people she loved and cherished beyond measure, but they were - and this was observable fact - entirely outclassed in terms of stats. Nevertheless, she refused outright to let it show; she was a mad scientist, after all, and such people did not back down from anyone, especially if they looked like they might be a hero.

Thankfully, this guy did indeed look like he might be a hero, which was to say quite dumb. Rock Slide was a problem she'd expected to have, but there were only a few things slower than a Sudowoodo (according to her data, at least), and 90% of them weren't technically speaking alive. The rocks began to arc through the air, but not before her plan could go into action.

"ATTACK PATTERN TERRA EIGHT, QUASAR MAN EDITION! KEEP YOUR FOCUS AND TAKE OUT THE DEEPS!"

Roxy nodded and prepared to take some damage. The Fake Out wouldn't hurt, that was never a problem - but a boosted priority move, well, she might very well not get back up from that. And then she remembered; this was the Quasar Man edition. She smirked and prepared a random move, not wanting to do anything wasteful when she knew her opponent was going to spin at her all day.

The shrieking, clattering creature was more annoying than anything else. Still, its Fake Out was a blessing in disguise; since it only affected a particular target, Roxy had to take a negligible hit while her adversary span and gibbered like a mad thing - which, shortly, it would be. Mantyke veered away from the charging Pinsir, which got a mouthful of dirt for its troubles, and fired off a Confuse Ray at the Hitmontop, the spinning purple ball detonating between her horns just as Roxy looked away. The spinning stopped, save in the Hitmontop's eyes, and that was when Joltik struck.

The Electroweb wasn't a particularly powerful move, particularly in a multi-battle format, but it did lower the speed of everyone it hit. Not only that, but Joltik's incredibly eyesight meant it was guaranteed to ensnare the entire team in crackling ropes of force, slowing them down and even catching a few of the rocks aimed at them. Mantyke emerged unscathed, but Joltik had been too slow - her body slammed into the ground by a (to her) massive, immovable boulder that rolled away eventually. She forced herself upright and gibbered slightly to herself. One more hit from pretty much anything and she'd be done.

At this point, a passing bird did its business on her head and she fainted.

"Joltik is unable to battle!"

This post has been edited by colourcodedchaos: Aug 21 2013, 06:49 AM

--------------------
I remain,
Yr. Obdt. Svt,
CCC.

+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Aug 22 2013, 11:03 PM
Post #7

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

"Uh," Justin began after Joltik went down. "Hm."

His pokemon were preparing their next attacks, but Sudowoodo was without a target. So, at that point, he just needed to tell him who to target. Mantyke would be a good choice due to its weakness to Rock. Then again, Cranidos was also a strong choice due to its offensive capabilities, not to mention Sudowoodo had Wood Hammer up his sleeve, which would utterly destroy Cranidos.

In Justin's mind, however, wrong as he was, Mantyke was the bigger threat. It had Water attacks, as well as Flying attacks, meaning it could potentially bring down Sudowoodo and Hitmontop. "Keep going! Sudowoodo, switch to Mantyke."

Though his pokemon were slowed by Joltik's last ditch effort to make a play, Hitmontop's Mach Punch was still the fastest move on the field. Problem was, he was confused. So, as he spun incredibly quickly over to his target, Cranidos, he tripped, which was maybe amplified by the fact that he was already on his head. He tumbled over and over until he landed on his feet, which put him into unfamiliar territory, for sure.

Pinsir hadn't given up. Stubborn as ever, he was determined to land that damn Guillotine attack. So, just like last time, he charged.

This time, though, he had support. Sudowoodo began throwing rocks at the Mantyke, which, if landed, would hurt significantly. Unfortunately for Justin's team, their lack of speed was quite the disadvantage. Mantyke would likely be able to preemptively react to the assault.

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

colourcodedchaos
post Aug 23 2013, 09:52 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Adelaide Robinson

Despite the fact that she was technically losing, Adelaide grinned. She knew just how much damage Confusion could do, and especially when the Pokemon afflicted by it had such a high attack stat. Before the Hitmontop could snap out of it, she sprang into action, picking up on the mood of the crowd. They wanted blood and theatre, and that she could give.

"YOU FOOL! YOU STEPPED RIGHT INTO MY TRAP, AND NOW YOUR PRECIOUS NOISY SPINNING THING IS DRIBBLING ON THE GROUND LIKE ITS LACKWIT OF A TRAINER! NOW YOU SHALL LEARN TO FEAR THE MIGHT OF THE DEMENTED DOCTOR SPATULA AND HER LEGIONS OF DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! MWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!"

Roxy looked back at her while she watched the Hitmontop kick itself repeatedly in the face. "Doctor, I thought we were your Legions Of Terror?"

"Both are acceptable choices of nomenclature for the mad scientist in a hurry, Roxy. They're largely interchangeable."

"Oh, okay. Right then, pal." The Cranidos loomed over the Hitmontop, the blue dome of her head glowing and clad in an odd-looking shield that Adelaide vowed to put a bit more research into later. "Seems like you an' me, we've got us a problem. Y'see, one of us needs to be KOd right now, and I flipped a coin in yer absence. Yer lost. Buh-bye, cockmongler!" She smashed her head into her opponent's head, or rather would've done had he not tried to right himself. Still, the blast of energy sent him sprawling into the Air Slash that Mantyke followed up with, leaving him with an even more dazed expression. Mantyke promptly gave Roxy a look that would've been accompanied by a raised eyebrow, were she possessed of eyebrows to raise.

<Well now, hun, ain't that fraternising with the enemy?>

<Shut up. Oh, and mind the rock.>

<What rock - GYAH!> Mantyke slipped her thin body in between some piles of twisted, bent metal. The rock bounced harmlessly off the top of the pile, but this was shortly to be the least of her worries. With a triumphant roar, the Pinsir buried its pincers in the junkpile and sliced down.

When it came up, it looked considerably less triumphant.

This might have had something to do with the accordion attached to its horns.

--------------------
I remain,
Yr. Obdt. Svt,
CCC.

+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Aug 25 2013, 10:42 PM
Post #9

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Justin barely heard the girl laugh maniacally and call him out. His mind was elsewhere, and his focus was on the battle at hand. Namely, his concern for Hitmontop, who not only hurt himself in his dash to the Cranidos, but took a huge hit from both the Cranidos and the Mantyke. For the first time in quite some time, Justin honestly forgot when, Hitmontop fainted.

Justin couldn't figure out whether to be upset or shocked. Hitmontop was his hero, and there he went. Granted, it took the focus of Adelaide's entire team to bring him down, but he got brought down, and that alone was debilitating enough to make Justin question whether or not he could hope to beat this girl.

Maybe he could. Rock Slide and Guillotine both missed, but he trusted his pokemon still. "Keep going. Take down the Mantyke."

Pinsir and Sudowoodo continued their assault. They weren't the smartest or most tactically inclined pokemon in the world. They were picking their strongest attack against their target. Granted, there was something to be said for their tenacity, but using the same failed move over and over again should probably be number one on the list of things not to do for pokemon battling.

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

colourcodedchaos
post Aug 26 2013, 04:06 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Adelaide Robinson

"Is he even trying? He should be walking this... oh well. MANTYKE, YOU NEED TO TRANSFER YOUR DAMAGE ONTO THE BRAINDEAD TREE THINGY BEFORE IT - OH, NO. NO NO NO. I'VE MISSED SOMETHING GLARING. MANTYKE! SHIELDS UP! ROXY, IGNORE THE PINSIR, IT'S CLEARLY AN IDIOT AND IT'S NOT TARGETING YOU. TAKE THAT SUDOWOODO DOWN AS BEST YOU CAN, GLASGOW STYLE!"

"Aye, right!" Her broad Scottish accent returning, to Adelaide's constant and increasing bewilderment as to its origin, Roxy barrelled forward toward the Sudowoodo. The slightly dim-looking fake tree seemed indifferent to this, and prepared another barrage of rocks to hurl at it. This time, it thought, the volley of boulders couldn't possibly miss-

That, of course, was when Mantyke played her trump card. She had sensed that she had the power to shield her friend Roxy from harm, but only now was the timing right to test it. It wouldn't work when the enemy attack was concentrated on one person, but spread out in a wave, now that she could deal with. The rocks arced through the air as the tips of her horns flashed in a slew of colours, and then the rocks simply... disappeared.

This wasn't technically true, of course; they'd dissipated into a gas by an intensely powerful PK-effect field, or so the mass spectrometer and Spengler-particle counter in Adelaide's cybereye contended. Still, the result was that the Sudowoodo looked even more confused than normal before Roxy's glowing white head slammed into it like a truck. It reeled backward, but didn't falter - a Head Smash might have spelled doom for it, but Roxy really didn't fancy dealing with the recoil when a Pinsir was on the field, considering the amount of Fighting-type moves it was bound to know, and Iron Head was a powerful Steel-type move, to which Rock-types were uniformly weak. It didn't matter, anyway; now she could use her piece de resistance on the angry horned beetle-y thingy next turn while Mantyke dealt with the Sudowoodo, assuming she could avoid the thing's persistent Guillotines.

Presumably basing it's strategy around the "enough-mud-at-a-wall" school of tactics (trademarked by the officer corps of the Red Army), the Pinsir charged again, and this time Mantyke was fortunate to escape intact.

Adelaide was deeply unimpressed.

"HONESTLY, THIS IS JUST SILLY! THE DEMENTED DOCTOR SPATULA WAS PROMISED A STERN TEST FOR HER WORLD-BESTRIDING LEGIONS OF TERROR, NOT A CAKEWALK IN A SCRAPYARD SOUNDTRACKED BY THE INSECT WORLD'S FINEST MARIACHI BAND! KNEEL BEFORE THE TREMENDOUS POWER OF MAD SCIENCE, YOU PITIFUL WHELP-"

The robot lurched, nearly hurling Adelaide out of the hatch mid-rant and winding her in the process. A guilty-sounding "Tynaaa..." echoed through the stadium, to the appropriate level of laughter.

<We can't take him anywhere, can we?> Mantyke said, her face in her fin.

<Nope,> agreed Roxy. <No we can't. It's a good job the wee lad's so bloody cute, though, aye?>

<Imagine how he'll be when he fully evolves.>

<An eel with massive arms? Fuckin' hench. Imagine the hugs we'll get. I'll no' have any bones left.>

--------------------
I remain,
Yr. Obdt. Svt,
CCC.

+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Sep 15 2013, 06:15 PM
Post #11

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Both Sudowoodo and Justin were about equally confused by the effective use of Wide Guard. Like Justin, Adelaide appeared to be the kind of trainer to not give direct commands out loud, which could easily be heard by her opponent. Though, obviously, this was for very different reasons.

And suddenly it was clear to Justin that he was targeting the wrong pokemon. Mantyke was not the offensive pokemon of which he should have feared. It was the defensive support. The oddly colored Cranidos was the one doing damage. It was pretty clear by the amount of pain Sudowoodo found himself in. It was Rock type, and both of Justin's fielded pokemon had effective attacks against that type.

"Okay," Justin nodded. "Switch targets. Pinsir, use Vital throw. Sudowoodo, use Wood Hammer." If landed, either one of these attacks would probably be strong enough to knock out the extremely fragile Cranidos. Still, Justin was rightfully concerned it wouldn't be enough to attain victory. He felt like he wasted so much time trying to take out the resilient Mantyke, and in turn let Cranidos get off too many effective attacks.

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

colourcodedchaos
post Sep 15 2013, 07:02 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Adelaide Robinson

Adelaide's robotic exo-suit juddered for a moment while she soldered some important motive wiring back into something approaching their right place, then had a look out of the hatch onto the field, Tynamo curled up in her hair, lifting it back and exposing the lumpen scar tissue where her ear used to be. Her cybereye told her pretty much everything she needed to know; her opponent had finally wised up to her game plan and he had to be dealt with. Fast.

A few thoughts came to mind, but were quickly dismissed. Wide Guard wouldn't work for either attack, and neither of her minions knew Protect or Detect. She could have Mantyke try to stop the Pinsir from taking out Roxy with an Air Slash, but there was no guarantee it'd do enough damage and she couldn't rely on her dodging that Sudowoodo's Wood Hammer, despite it moving like it was trapped in amber-

Wait a minute.

Wait a MINUTE!

It was going for Roxy! That stupid man had decided to do what she did, and it left her an opening!

"MWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA! FOOLISH FOOLY FOOL OF FOOLITUDE, I OUTMANEOUVRE YOU ONCE MORE! ROXY! KEEP UP THE ATTACK ON THE SUDOWOODO! YOU CAN DROP IT BEFORE IT MAKES ITS OWN ATTACK, I KNOW YOU CAN! MANTYKE, GIVE THAT BUG THE SAME WELCOME YOU ALWAYS GIVE OUR FRIENDS!"

A Mantyke facing off against a Sudowoodo, no matter what the odds, was always a dicey prospect. But a Mantyke facing off against a Pinsir, one where the former had a speed advantage? Those odds, Adelaide would take. She knew it, and now Roxy knew it. She knew what had to be done to ensure it happened, too.

There was no escaping it - the little dinosaur was out for the count this turn, but it was the manner of her death that was important. So she steeled herself (figuratively speaking), summoned glittering blue energy around her shiny red dome, screamed something angry-sounding in a language known only to ancient Picts and some morbidly obese ginger people at Ibrox, and levelled a Head Smash between the eyes of the Sudowoodo.

When the dust settled, Roxy was barely able to stand up, and was wandering in a little circle talking to things that weren't there. As she soared through the air, Adelaide had to suppress a sob; this was the first time she'd seen Roxy faint in battle, and she knew it was coming but that didn't make it hurt any less. In some small and private way, she had failed her minion and betrayed her trust. The crunching landing didn't help Adelaide's ego much either.

"Roxy is unable to battle!"

Mantyke snarled, which would have been intimidating had it not sounded like a chain-smoking rubber duck, and barreled towards the Pinsir, blasting an Air Slash at it as it stood triumphant over Roxy's fallen body. Meanwhile, Adelaide looked at some bluster-related cue cards on her cybereye's HUD, but couldn't bring herself to do it. She had the advantage here... keeping it that way would be hard.

((For reference:-
My Cranidos used Head Smash on your Sudowoodo, which likely KOd it.
Your Pinsir used Vital Throw on my Cranidos, which DEFINITELY KO'd her.
My Mantyke used Air Slash on your Pinsir, which (if it hits) will likely do quite a lot of damage.
Hope this is useful for you! [=))

--------------------
I remain,
Yr. Obdt. Svt,
CCC.

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Sep 16 2013, 05:53 PM
Post #13

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

Millions of lights burst out all over the stadium. Radiating from every single trainer's belts, purses, pouches, etc, light shot out, blinding everyone for the moment in its brilliance. Each Pokemon still on the field disappeared back into their pokeballs, masked by the strobe-light flashing.

As the light began to fade, a shout pointed everyone's attention skywards, where a hover of helicopters had appeared in the sky. Without warning, several objects began to fall from them, flung from the helicopters.

As they fell closer to the stadium, the sharper eyes began to note the perfectly spherical shape. The sharper ears would hear the bone-chilling monotone cry of:

"ELECTRODE."

Dozens. Hundreds of the Pokemon fell to the stadium. The swiftly reacting trainers threw out their pokeballs, yelling commands...only to realize that the Pokemon they released were not the ones they had summoned. In fact, they weren't even Pokemon they had caught.

The flashes of light had randomized and shuffled everyone's pokemon.

With the confusion at hand, the Electrode began to impact in the various stadiums, exploding on contact, causing widespread panic throughout the arena.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

colourcodedchaos
post Sep 16 2013, 08:22 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Adelaide Robinson

Assuming that this actually affects the person who refuses to use Pokeballs as a point of principle... (click to show)

People were screaming, running for cover, their wits at an end and their world tumbling down around them. Adelaide felt absolutely at home, although she wasn't usually on the receiving end of a full-on Inital Terrifying Assault Before The Hero Shows Up To Save The Day. It wasn't an experience she wanted very much to repeat. She yelled at Tynamo to get back in the mech while she hand-cranked the biomass-powered fusion reactor back into life, but then she actually had a proper look, with her cybereye and the television cameras and so forth.

Tynamo was nowhere to be seen. Neither was Roxy, or Joltik, or even Mantyke-

The thought hit her like an iron bar. Something was wrong here, and there was a simple way to check what it was. She dropped a Great Ball out of the cupola of the mech and watched as an extremely confused Conkeldurr appeared in front of her. Someone had clearly been playing les buggeurs risibles with the Pokemon storage system. It was obvious. If you wanted to actually spread fear and panic - not the semi-acted version that generally happened when the MSU got involved - that's how she'd do it, and the appearance of a Pokemon she'd never caught out of a ball she'd barely even used pretty much proved it.

There would be time for reunions later. For now, as the repurposed chip pans that powered her robot rumbled biologically as they began to get up steam, she dropped out the rest of the Great Balls and looked at her, for want of a better term, team.

It wasn't exactly the world's most awe-inspiring sight. Aside from the Conkeldurr, who had moved on from confusion to the ground state of vague surliness, there was an angry squirrel with weirdly bloodshot eyes, an even angrier anthropomorphic bleached weasel, a fluffy puppy with an expression normally reserved for those who claimed to be "high on life" (which generally meant that they were also high on an industrial solvent or twelve), a lanky green lizard that seemed to be the smartest one there by virtue of looking like it could walk and talk at the same time, and what Adelaide would swear on her father's life was a walking blue sperm with old TV antennae for ears.

"Er, hello, everyone. Sorry for the inconvenience."

"Woo," said the blue sperm thing. It smiled gormlessly at her and bumped into the mech's leg.

"Right. Yes. Er. Y'see them over there?" Adelaide vaguely waved at the helicopters now vomiting Electrodes and using them like an airstrike. "We're going to beat the shit out of them and nick their stuff."

"Oi, language! That Wooper's only young!" The Grovyle stood taller and looked Adelaide in the eye. "And who do you think you are, ordering me around like that? You're not Mister Braithwaite-"

"NO I AM NOT MISTER BRAITHWAITE! I AM THE DEMENTED DOCTOR SPATULA! MOREOVER, I AM YOUR ONLY SHOT AT GETTING OUT OF HERE IN ONE PIECE! FORM UP IN A LINE AND PREPARE TO MEET THE ENEMY! WHO'S GOT GROUND-TYPE ATTACKS?"

"Well," said the Grovyle, now cowed a bit. "I've never met them before-"

"WASN'T. TALKING. TO YOU."

Adelaide slammed the side of her head with her palm and the cybereye's networked Pokedex functionality finally decided to play ball. She commanded it to lay a HUD over the vision in her biological eye before taking to the air and scouting around for more info. Of course, she'd left her eyepatch at home and the bombs were making her a little sweaty, so the effect was that a tall, hideously-scarred woman had just ripped out one of her own eyes and sent it skittering off to go and take in the scenery.

"Right then, now that I've made your acquaintances - oh, stop that, you big girl's blouse, haven't you ever seen a cybernetic implant before? Actually, thinking about it, you probably haven't, have you? Oh well, that didn't look like the world's tastiest lunch anyway. Conkeldurr! Every time an Electrode horde lands, put an Earthquake down! It ought to hit all of them, an you you've probably got the firepower to knock them out and reduce the general collateral damage. Wooper! Try and hit the ones in mid-air with a Mud Shot, if you're... er... a... ble? Sod it, it's better than a poke in the eye with a blunt stick."

"Woo," said the Wooper, who blew a bubble and giggled.

"Growlithe, get on the mech's right arm and sit in the little bucket, you're going to be my anti-personnel weapon for this evening, and also a torpedo if I can get a good line of sight. Patrat, there's another space on the head of the mech, sit there and chuck a few Gunk Shots at the windows, also good luck with the eating disorder. Grovyle, I need you to hang onto the external ladder and act as a spotter. If something from the ground gets close and I don't see it, hit it with a Leaf Blade. Zangoose, get in the mech's left hand and, well, you're about to cause a helicopter crash."

There was silence, save for the explosions.

"Well, go on then, hop to it!"

"The poet Villette," said the Conkeldurr, "once remarked never to enter a battle wishing to die for a great cause; the enemy will be only too happy to oblige you. I am given to wonder... are you our enemy? Your words throughout this competition have hardly been conducive to showing you in a good light. Have you considered hiring a public relations manager?" Adelaide gaped. "No? Oh, well then please accept my card, my rates are very reasonable-"

"STOP PEOPLE DYING BY HITTING THE GROUND VERY VERY HARD!"

"Must you shout so? You've frightened the Growlithe. My sense of smell is, alas, rather acute. Oh well, needs must as Darkrai drives..." The Conkeldurr turned and slammed its posts into the ground as a group of Electrodes made landfall, the earth seemingly swallowing them up before slamming closed.

"Woo," said the blue sperm thing, which turned and wandered off, flinging mud with its tail at random and yet someone inexorably finding the most efficient target. Adelaide took this as, if not necessarily a good sign, then at least one she could see and try to understand. She sank back into the depths of the mech and was promptly joined by the Grovyle, who slotted herself neatly into the gunnery chair.

"Hey! What the hell are you doing there?"

"Being a spotter, like you said," she sniffed. "Nice place you've got here. Very roomy."

Adelaide disentangled the overgrown lizard's foot from her remaining ear and shoved herself with some difficulty into the old car seat behind the central movement console. Reactor was green, weapons were green, motive functions normal, engage start mode... she ran down the list of start-up routines, written in what looked like condensed ranch dressing, and the mech's lights all came on again. She raised the arms and the clanking, hissing machine began to move, lumbering inexorably...

Backwards.

"Look, give me a break, okay? I built this thing about half an hour ago, I haven't worked out all the kinks yet."

"ELECTROOOOOOOOOOOOD-"

"OH, PISS OFF!" Grabbing a misshapen old railway sleeper from the piles of debris that littered the battlefield (And really, she thought to herself, what was this bombardment going to accomplish aside from terror and panic? Rubble is rubble at the end of the day; you can move it about a bit, but after a while it stops being terrorism and turns into feng shui...), Adelaide swung and sent the Electrode hurtling off into the distance with an almighty thwack. There was an oddly apposite twinkle in the distance, which was probably the detonation, but it didn't matter. She set off, looking for prey. Forwards this time. She'd found the right slot on the gear lever.

Her body acted on impulse, commanding the machine to lurch and stagger through the potholed arena as Growlithe's Flamethrowers melted through the defences of the Electrodes and Patrat's single aimed Gunk Shot splattering against the window of a helicopter, causing the pilot to veer off to one side and smash into a tree on the outside of the stadium, where Adelaide hoped it caught fire. Finally, she spotted what looked like a mostly-full transport aerodyne and drew back the mech's left arm, then fired off the Zangoose into the depths of it just as the ropes dropped from the sides. A screaming, furious ball of fur and teeth slammed through the ranked Grunts, and it even managed to get in a few probably-fatal poisonings before being brought down by the helicopter co-pilot, the pilot having had his head smashed against the windscreen a few times.

The part of Adelaide that was flesh just moved the mech towards targets. The part of Adelaide that was not just curled up in the corner of her skull and thought about how Tynamo and Mantyke and the others would have reacted in this situation, after which she started sobbing.

It's amazing, what you learn to put up with when you're clever and have only the very fakest sense of self-worth.

This post has been edited by colourcodedchaos: Sep 18 2013, 01:33 PM

--------------------
I remain,
Yr. Obdt. Svt,
CCC.

+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Sep 17 2013, 05:18 PM
Post #15

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

During the chaos, as people came to realize their pokemon were being switched out, Justin's were more or less kept the same. The primary difference was that his pokemon were not only healed, but one of them returned to his previous level. Which, of course, meant that Hitmontop was once again the powerhouse on the field. All of Justin's other pokemon remained at level 50.

It became very apparent, very quickly, that Adelaide was going to be a problem. That robot thing, however clunky, was just a little bit too effective for Justin's tastes. She seemed to ignore the fact that he had summoned Hitmontop, as she commanded her robot to walk through the crowd. "Hitmontop. Fake Out, Mach Punch. On the machine. You focus on keeping the girl occupied, and destroy that thing."

He pulled out two more pokeballs after that, and summoned Shedinja and Ninjask. "You two, focus on that Conkeldurr. Work together. Shedinja, confuse it with Confuse Ray. Ninjask, use Sand Attack and Double Team to confuse it even more. Shedinja, once it's confused, help with Sand Attack, and then start using Shadow Sneak. Just don't get hit."

Then, he summoned the last three of his pokemon: Octillery, Pinsir and Sudowoodo. "Alright, guys," he said, exhibiting much more determination than in their previous fight. "Our job here is to fight. It's to make sure Team Deception gets in here, and gets to the lab in the basement. Octillery and Sudowoodo, you come with me. We're gonna meet up with whoever's in charge and figure out the plan. Pinsir- You just go be scary."

"Sirr!"

"Oh!" Justin added. "Don't, uh. Don't kill anybody."

Pinsir nodded, somewhat embarrassed. He had not planned on killing anybody, but Justin was right in making sure of that. The poor bug pokemon did have a somewhat dark past, but he was trying to put that behind him. Which is hard when your trainer gives you orders like "Be scary."

As Adelaide continued to move through the crowd, she likely didn't notice Hitmontop spinning up directly behind her with immense speed. Fake Out was first - It managed to get in front of the mech and jump into the air so that he was in front of Adelaide's face. He clapped his feet together with an incredible intensity, one which would stun anyone unless they were actively expecting it.

He immediately followed up with Mach Punch, though this time he didn't focus on Adelaide, he targeted he robot. The hit would be fast, and it would be very powerful.

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

colourcodedchaos
post Sep 18 2013, 06:53 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

Adelaide Robinson

The result of the Hitmontop's attacks was that Stompy Geoff had a slight dent in one the fridge doors that constituted its external ablative armour and it now had Adelaide's full attention. Camera 4 had shorted out from the Fake Out, but it'd be back online soon, and 1-3 were still functional. From her position inside the mech, the good doctor smiled. She was going to enjoy this.

She swung the arm of the mech down and snatched up the struggling Hitmontop in 'her' free hand. Then she brought it to level with her eyeline and had her cybereye project her face onto the front of the building. Then she let the Hitmontop see her smile.

Then Stompy Geoff squeezed.

Just for a moment.

But long enough.

After that, she tossed the nuisance into the air and swung with the railway sleeper, connecting with a mighty CRACK and sending him deep into the screaming crowd. She zoomed in with her cybereye, watching him stagger to his head (an odd word to say, considering), dazed but probably still alive.

The Grovyle looked down at her with an expression of the utmost horror. "Th-th-th - what did you DO to him? That's barbaric!"

"Wrong. It's fighting. Not your gladiatorial combat style, but hard fighting. One good robot minion could have carved their name and address on that useless article's forehead long before he tried his silly clapping thing. Now, I've considered doing things your society's way, and I have done so for a very long time. However, when it comes to certain things, your societal constructs can kindly fuck themselves inside out with a bail of razor wire."

Stompy Geoff let out a crackling buzz of energy and, trailing Growlithe excrement down his left arm, lurched forward, gunning for the owner of the Hitmontop while the Conkeldurr just stood there, utterly confused and disoriented by the small sandstorm that seemed to have erupted around him. Growling, he started to hurl chunks of stone at the vague flashes in the middle distance, but nothing seemed to connect, so he was forced to tank the hits from both Pokemon.

The Wooper, meanwhile, just continued wandering around slinging mud unneringly into the faces of Electrodes that rained down on the field, detonating them prematurely. Occasionally, it stopped in front of a charging group of them and fell over, at which point the ground opened up and destroyed the Electrodes utterly. Then it got back to its feet and wandered off again.

Noticing the Conkeldurr's predicament, Adelaide deployed the loudhailer on the outside of the mech. "IGNORE THEM! THEY'RE TRYING TO DISTRACT YOU! JUST TAKE THE HITS AND KEEP FIRING OFF EARTHQUAKES AT THE ELECTRODES! IT'S SOMETHING OF A TARGET-RICH ENVIRONMENT!" The Conkeldurr didn't hear, though, since his ears and eyes were both full of cloying sand, which was really getting on his nerves. With a sigh, she spun the mech around and raised its arm. Althought the Growlithe on the edge was both stress-incontinent and slightly dizzy, it had enough wits left to respond with a Flamethrower to the Shedinja's face, the great blossom of fire running along the length of the bent railway sleeper before flashing down towards the small knot of Pokemon below. Molten metal dribbled off it and hissed and spat on the floor of the arena, before a trio of Electrodes got under Stompy Geoff's raised foot and Exploded, unbalancing it completely and sending it crashing to the ground. All the cameras shorted out and Adelaide was thrown against the screens, a freshly-broken cathode ray tube leaving another great gash in her face, just under her remaining biological eye. Her head was bleeding from a few other places as well, and she was fairly sure her left arm was broken and one of her knees dislocated. She grimaced, braced herself against the sparking console (ignoring the faint smell of burning flesh that rose up from it oddly close to where she'd put her legs), and gave the offending kneecap a hard, sudden shove. Then she screamed, and blacked out.

A few moments later, she came to, and scrambled up to the cupola. The Grovyle was already gone, as were the others, but a few moments to look around after her head had cleared showed that they were in a rough circle around the stricken mech, teeth bared and snarling at their assailants. One of them, a Pinsir, came roaring out towards them, evidently having put it's scary face on. Adelaide clambered down from the mech, waited for the opportunity to present itself, and punched it in the mouth as hard as she could. This wasn't particularly hard, since she'd never modded her body for particularly superhuman strength (lifting heavy stuff was, after all, what one paid the minions for), but it did snap off a tooth with a satisfying CRUNCH and gave the Growlithe the space to use another Flamethrower. She looked at her knuckles and idly noticed that the bone was protruding from the skin, so she glanded a few painkillers and limped off towards the trainer whose Pinsir she was certain it had been. The Hitmontop could have been coincidence, but the Pinsir as well? Not a chance. It was her opponent, it had to be.

She eventually found him, after a brief interlude of her cybereye searching through the crowd for a face that matched hers, and stalked him down like a creature from hell, which to the denizens of this backward country she probably was. Along the way, "her" party dwindled; first the Growlithe, then the Grovyle, and finally the rest went down to the volleys of Electrode explosions. She barely noticed; indeed, she was so out of it on painkillers that she didn't notice when a piece of curved scrap metal embedded itself in the meat of her thigh. All it did was slow her down a little and make her limp more pronounced. She knew it hurt, but in the same way that she knew Kanto existed; it was very far away and didn't really affect her too much. Eventually, she staggered out of the swirling dust of the battlefield and looked him in the eye, bloodied and burned and broken but still standing. Still fighting.

"You're part of this," she said, her posture ramrod-straight as the Wooper ambled up to her side and gave Smart another inane grin. "I curse you. Actually, no, no I don't. The blue thing which I may or may not be imagining right now curses you."

"Woo," said the Wooper, and sat down heavily on the ground.

"... Er, what?" Adelaide said, having forgotten that the Curse she wanted only applied when the move's user was a Ghost-type. "Not to be rude or anything, but you should be dying slowly of soul cancer. Why is he not dying slowly of soul cancer, possibly-not-really-here blue thingy?"

"Woo," shrugged the Wooper from the floor.

"How edifying." She was eventually joined by a supremely battered-looking Zangoose, who had been lightly crisped by the helicopter crash, and the Growlithe, who looked slightly perturbed in a manner Adelaide now associated with a quite appalling smell. "Well then, I suppose we'll have to do this the old-fashioned way," she said, before swaying in the blast wave of an Exploding Electrode and promptly falling to one knee. "Then again, maybe not."

This post has been edited by colourcodedchaos: Sep 20 2013, 01:21 PM

--------------------
I remain,
Yr. Obdt. Svt,
CCC.

+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Sep 21 2013, 12:24 PM
Post #17

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Justin stood, his arms crossed, as the girl before him found herself down on one knee. She had two pokemon by her side, but then so did Justin. In all fairness, she had done her damage. She managed to knock out Shedinja (who was safely in its pokeball at that point) and bust Hitmontop up pretty good. But it wasn't enough.

Justin took a step forward, and let his gaze wander around the arena turned battlefield. The explosions had slowed, and now the grunts were repelling into the stadium. He looked to his left then, and saw the main entrance bust open, and a magnificent and terrifying Rhydon was the culprit. Behind it, jeeps and cars began pouring into the stadium.

Most of the civilians had made their escape. Lots of contestants kept fighting, but at this point, it looked as though the battle was nearing its end.

"I'm not gonna hurt you, Adelaide," he said, for the first time since their battle had begun, actually acknowledging her. He somewhat had to, at this point - She had made an accurate accusation, but then, surprisingly, stood up on some moral highground. "You've given me plenty of reason to do it. But you haven't forced me to yet, so I'm not gonna.

"I will tell you this. The world isn't made up of heroes and villains. We're all just people, trying to make our way. But if you keep trying to be a villain, and trying to make people see you that way - I guarantee it'll happen. And you just might regret it."

Zangoose and Growlithe were eyeing him down at that point, as though he was getting too close, so he took a step back. If it came to it, he'd fight. He had Sudowoodo and Octillery just behind him, and he figured that to be an easy fight. "You should leave," he added. "I don't wanna hurt you, but some of my colleagues don't consider themselves above a little killin'."

And with that, he took a few more steps back and turned to Sudowoodo and Octillery. He nodded and walked away from the girl, and towards the Rhydon which had just broken through. He had work to be done.

OOC (click to show)

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:16 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.