Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Closed TopicStart new topic
Winner's Bracket: Sweet vs Sota, Round 2: Main Arena
Kamaitachi
post Aug 5 2013, 10:41 PM
Post #1

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

The main arena, a gargantuan colliseum overlooking the vast sea, has separated into 8 fields, each with its own set of stands, while the higher seats have a lovely view of all eight battles. Each battle is televised on the giant screens located along the walls, giving spectators the nitty gritty close-up views of each battle.

The battles to come would be fierce, and with so many raging simultaneously, and to be distracted by the neighboring fights could easily spell a loss.

The Match for this field was slated for Douken Sota and Joey J. Sweet. The field in question resembled a laboratory, with sleek tiled floors, and several jutting instruments that looked suspiciously like tesla coils. Upon contact, they would deliver a shock to any unlucky combatant.

The referee, holding the trademark flags, floated nearby on what could only be described as a hovering disc; yet another technological marvel of Daioh Scientists. The ref tapped his fingers on his poketch, which revealed a rotating triangular pyramid on the main screen. Once it stopped rotating, it revealed a large number 2:

"This will be a three on three battle conducted in Doubles-Style, with One Pokemon in Reserve. If one of the combatants falls, the reserve must be sent in immediately. Trainers, summon your pokemon now!"

This battle seemed ready to erupt. The stakes? Continuing participation in the tournament.

The crowd roared in anticipation.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Aug 5 2013, 11:37 PM
Post #2

Space Force? Pirate? Outlaw sounds nice...
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 17 104

PANE

His Potegear beeped on Douken, giving him a thirty minute warning for the Quarter Final rounds. However, instead of traveling around to the spread out fields, the matches were more centered, meaning all the contestants had to do was find the central lobby, find your name to your field, then make your grand entrance. No big deal, if company didn't wait to annoy you.

The man in the suit again, calling out to the male Amazon as, "Champion in the making!" Not this stuff again... "I hope you got yourself setup, not like it matters. You got another rookie competitor, so I don't think you -"

"Did you forget about the last rookie competitor? You know, the one I just had a triple battle with getting to the neck of things? Besides, from what I heard, he is no ordinary trainer. If you don't know, coordinators add style which can distract a trainer and amuse the audience. If I go easy, I may let his style get the best of me."

He was clearly not pleased with the talk-back.

"Fine, fine. If you are such a know-it-all, then i guess you don't seed me. But when you lose, I am sure you would of begged me for information."

As he walked away to the upper stands, Douken thought, If you thought you were the most knowing man on every opponent, then why don't you enter and take them on? I am you will have a run for your money.

------------------------------

As Douken stepped through the gate, the loudspeaker announced, "Now entering the battlefield: Douken Sota!" for a big introduction. As he headed for the blue side, Douken made sure to scan the field. It seemed simple, but the instruments around seemed like it would be dangerous for Water and Flying types. That left Sabre and Maya out of the picture. As he got to his side, it would be tie to show what his planning gave him.

"Koldo! Reep! Time to go!" Tossing the two Pokeballs out, he set out team which consisted of the Poison/Fighting type Toxicroak and the Ghost type Dusclops. Both physical fighters, however, Koldo had more offense while Reep held onto more defense.

Still, he couldn't help but mutter to himself, "Man, i wish i had Rusty on hand. I think he would of liked this."

Extra Moves (click to show)

This post has been edited by Douken Sota: Aug 5 2013, 11:38 PM

--------------------
Let the Kishin Egg take you to my GPX+ Team.
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Aug 20 2013, 12:44 AM
Post #3

Space Force? Pirate? Outlaw sounds nice...
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 104

PANE

Blows were being sent all around him, filling the air with impacts, slices, explosions.... even some brief shouting simply echoing all around him as the battles raged forth. Well, all but his. There was murmur in the crowd that was directed in Douken's field stating maybe Joey got scared because of his prelim fight while others joked saying he had the worse timing for a case of diarrhea. Either way, people did not come to watch a man stand there and began leaving. Not like it mattered to him. If anything, it let him do the one thing that wasn't advised: get distracted by the other matches.

To the right of his arena was a desert arena where his previous opponent, Lori, took on the boy who thought he was cool by walking away with Lyla, Francesco. It was strange to watch since her Snivy was taking more command than the trainer, which had Reep questioning what was going on.

"You think its possible that I can speak with her after this?" echoed in his mind, not even bothering to look at Reep to respond.

"You sure about that? I mean, you seemed to put more Pressure on her than her Pokemon."

"I mean the Snivy. It makes me wonder why she feels so insecure that she needs to take lead."

"Yeah, well I doubt every Pokemon is accepting of humans on catching them, no matter the intent... Still, if you feel like you must, I see no harm in it." However, the more she was driven into a corner, the more the Snivy took over until she eventually fell, leaving her with only Chico. Luckily, she had her second wind coming. She wasn't out just yet.

To the left was a single battle with Darryn and a female by the name of Jill on a blindingly pink field. It was such an eyesore just to watch, but then they also seemed to of had balloons that exploded bubbles. Was he glad he had this field instead of that one. And it seemed like Koldo was studying this match closely.

"I know that look," he told his toxic frog, "and you aren't the only one. However, if we want to take him on, both he and us have to win this. Still, its one of the opponents in this tournament I do want to face, that's for sure."

--------------------
Let the Kishin Egg take you to my GPX+ Team.
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Sep 16 2013, 05:50 PM
Post #4

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

Millions of lights burst out all over the stadium. Radiating from every single trainer's belts, purses, pouches, etc, light shot out, blinding everyone for the moment in its brilliance. In the flash, all Pokemon currently out on the field disappeared back into their pokeballs.

As the light began to fade, a shout pointed everyone's attention skywards, where a hover of helicopters had appeared in the sky. Without warning, several objects began to fall from them, flung from the helicopters.

As they fell closer to the stadium, the sharper eyes began to note the perfectly spherical shape. The sharper ears would hear the bone-chilling monotone cry of:

"ELECTRODE."

Dozens. Hundreds of the Pokemon fell to the stadium. The swiftly reacting trainers threw out their pokeballs, yelling commands...only to realize that the Pokemon they released were not the ones they had summoned. In fact, they weren't even Pokemon they had caught.

The flashes of light had randomized and shuffled everyone's pokemon.

With the confusion at hand, the Electrode began to impact in the various stadiums, exploding on contact, causing widespread panic throughout the arena.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

LittleShadowPoke...
post Oct 16 2013, 04:10 PM
Post #5

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 490

Sweet Team

"Is she even watching these? How will she know if I wear the costume or not?" Joey muttered verbally for once, referring to his pseudo-tyrannical sponsor, as his hands were too busy clawing at fabric to sign.

"Believe me, she'll know," Bartholomew responded with certainty as he manipulated one sleeve for Joey to wiggle into. In the near pitch dark of the changing tent, Joey wasn't even sure what he was working so hard and fast to get into, and he was less sure he wanted to ask.

On the way to the battle tent, Bartholomew had briefed Joey on the arena environment, which unfortunately would make things difficult for his two strongest Pokémon. Claw and Jet would be out of the picture for his round, because while he considered that the environment was not the deciding factor, how his Pokémon moved within it would be. He recognized that they weren't yet skilled enough to trust with an inherent disadvantage.

They entered the arena and Bartholomew quickly branched off to settle himself in the stadium seating and Joey quickly lost sight of him. The new-found light of the laboratory instruments illuminated his newest outfit which betrayed a purple and pink pattern displayed in a stylish tuxedo fashion and adorned with green sequins across the collar bone and swept into diagonals closing in on the young boy's chest. With a twinge, he realized that a set of fluffy purple ears adorned his sleek, purple fedora. He was the perfect anthropomorphism of a Purrloin, and he could almost feel Bartholomew's snickers as he took his place at his end of the arena.

He had been a little late, but ready now and reached into his blazer jacket to access the dress vest within that was tailored to house Pokéballs, and also was the pale tan as viewed on the Purrloin species. With a sigh, Joey gripped Mally's Pokéball and caught himself succumbing to prayer. Babylon was in his other hand, ready to fight allied with Mally, despite Mally's inevitable best effort.

He flung the Pokéballs out and Mally appeared arching her back nonchalantly and Babylon looked astonished while scanning the packed stands and arena, and his gaze ended at his own trainer, a smile which quickly dissolved in a flash of white light. In one heartbeat, both of his Pokémon were sucked back into their Pokéballs in his hands. It felt like lead in his stomach as he puzzled over what happened. He could feel the crowd's eyes on him and the pressure of making a bad impression so early.

He would peg Mally being a pain in the ass at such an important moment, but Babylon? And that white light… it didn't look familiar or even remotely voluntary. The deaf trainer's thoughts were broken by a cascade of exploding bright lights landing all around him. Vibrations rocked the ground and his nervous system. Caught completely off guard and stunned, Joey fell to his knees and cautiously glimpsed skyward to see dark, whirring shapes hovering. His attention was brought back to his level when an Electrode whizzed by. All around him trainers had called out their own Pokémon to contest the unwelcome intruders, and Joey got a grip on himself and decided to do the same. His own expression matched those of the surrounding shocked trainers. Joey had called out Mally, but before him was not Mally.

Joey rose to his feet quickly, but that didn't level the height difference between the trainer and his monster. It stood on two feet and towered over him with a fierce gaze. The nearby trainers even took fearful note of its presence. It was made of rock, it was huge, and its tail alone rivaled the size of Joey. Around the beast, sand started to rise and whip around around it and engulfed Joey quickly. Within a matter of seconds, the arena was ablaze with harsh, unforgiving sand. Joey choked and tried to cover his eyes. There was no way to take in a breath. He desperately fumbled for what he had thought to be Mally's Pokéball, and thankfully was able to recall the vicious monster. As he did, the sandstorm waned, and died, much to the relief of the arena.

However, explosions were still occurring and even more trigger happy than before. Joey cursed his luck and tried to rub the sand out of his eyes, but it was useless and he stopped for fear of making it worse. A deaf boy who couldn't use his eyes was almost as good as a goner, he thought. He wandered around the arena, heading in the direction he remembered as the entrance he had used (he hoped), and avoided touching anything resembling a sphere. He went as fast as he could, stopping only to brace himself for every explosion that threatened his balance, and attempted to suppress his rising terror.

When it first started happening, he had humored the thought that this were a choreographed part of the competition, an added challenge to keep things lively. But as the panic escalated around him and having glimpsed the bright orange of the rescue workers through burning eyes, Joey perished the thought. The pit in his stomach was confirmed, and something had gone terribly wrong.

As his last futile attempt to break through the crowd was failing, he tried to make his way towards the arena exit and also to find Bartholomew. His assistant was nowhere in sight, at least what Joey considered sight at the moment, and after being knocked down several times, a rescue worker grabbed him protectively and ushered him towards the lobby, and Joey was succumbing to shock too much to resist. He was just numbly grateful.

Where was Mally? Did he still have his other Pokémon? Did he have the guts to check? What if he didn't?

Thought after thought flashed through his mind, each more grisly than the last as he himself was rushed towards safety.

Continued in main thread...

--------------------
Me (click to show)

PANE (click to show)

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:18 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.