Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Petropolis Catastrophe - Team Blue
Master Houndoom
post Dec 10 2013, 09:41 PM
Post #21

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

Branwys shook her head as the jigglypuff's hyper voice sounded. She had just potentially embarrassed herself in what started as a joke, playing along with the zombie craziness some of the others had begun, which had spiraled out when new pokemon had appeared. She put her fingertips to the bridge of her nose and forced herself to calm down.

Things happened though. his she was used to, and didn't even assume that it was done on purpose. She was small, she knew, and people tended not to listen. Douken helped the girl with the skrelp, who had reacted... exasperatedly at Branwys' joke (really, what should she have expected? Sarcasm by imitation often didn't look like sarcasm or imitation). Lyla and Darius attacked the oncoming "horde" (and lets face it, these things were freaky....) And then...

Aaahhh, that sweet, Sweet Scent.

A calm drifted over the scene as the girl, who had yet to state her name, appealed to the course of logic. It was a sweet scent in and of it self, and while Branwys was hardly prone to the thought process in and of itself, she had an appreciation for it.

"She's right. We can't go attacking willy-nilly at anything that's coming our way. Obviously there's new pokemon afoot. We're here to find and rescue lost event-goers, not act like this is a dungeon crawl. These guys, creepy as they look, did nothing but come walking down the tunnel. We have to keep our heads together and find those people!"

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Dec 12 2013, 05:13 PM
Post #22

Space Force? Pirate? Outlaw sounds nice...
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 104

PANE

For the love of... He tries to bring up an idea that does not state zombies, and then knight-boy yells more and attacks! No since of chivalry or a mind in this guy's head, is there? he asked himself, the stress making him once again adding in a feeling of light-headedness. One that quickly turned to painful ears from a close by Hyper Voice from the Jiggilypuff.

Thankfully, the next attack to come out was a lot more relaxing Sweet Scent, hopefully relaxing everyone before the next oncoming action of stupidity. "Did everyone get that out of their system now?" Douken shouted back, making sure no one was going to attack again. Though one he was sure, he sighed and turned back to the collection and reached his hand out before touching one of the trees.

"Hey, hey, hey! Watch what you are doing there!" was shot straight into his head once he made a connection. Still, a smile came onto his face.

"You guys look like you have a good set of ears, yet not bothered by the Hyper Voice. Guess that means you are all Ghosts?"

"Well, well. Look who has got some brains here." Watching the tree cross his arms, he muttered, "So what now, gonna beat us up then walk past our lifeless bodies?"

"No, no. We misunderstood. You are simply not new to the region, so our 'dexes don't have information. One of us simply jumped the gun and thought zombies were invading." There was a small pause of statement before the tree let out a rich laugh.

"Oh man, and here I thought I've seen it all. Still, guess that's what they meant by the Introductory Parade. Tell ya what, why not some quick introductions here? Me and my sis here are Trevenant. Back behind us is Big Boss and brother-in-law Gorgeist. Finally, this little one is their daughter, Phanthump." With each one giving a wave in their introductions, Douken followed up by relaying the information to the rest.

"Okay, what about the little one in her arms," he said, pointing to the first accused zombie.

"Of, him? He's a Skrelp. Careful though. He is a cuddler, yet forgets about his Poison Touch. Don't know how many people got sick because of him."

With a quick chuckle, he added that information back before letting off a sigh. "Okay, now to business on hand, do you know if there is anyone in here that got trapped by the chaos?"

This post has been edited by Douken Sota: Dec 12 2013, 05:15 PM

--------------------
Let the Kishin Egg take you to my GPX+ Team.
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Dec 13 2013, 02:20 PM
Post #23

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

Though Darius wanted to be the hero of this tale, he couldn’t help but feel glad that Lyla joined in with her pokemon. He could appreciate a woman that wouldn’t be relegated to damsel in distress status so easily. He could have done without the hyper voice in his ears, but once he recovered, the dragon trainer was ready to lay the smack down on the jolly green giants.

That was until Tikal ordered a sweet scent that zapped Darius’ battle spirit away. The dragon trainer was astounded that she wanted to appeal to logic to a bunch of mindless zombie trees. Yes, he still believed they were zombies; he simply lost the will to fight them. It was then that the spiky haired kid adjusted his tin foil hat and started talking to them. Darius could not tell if they trees were talking back, so it appeared Douken was talking to nothing…and somehow getting a response. The dragon trainer stepped away to get Lyla’s opinion on this development.

“You know this kid? Is he always this crazy?”

In response to Douken’s question, the trevenants waved the others towards them, leading them deeper into the tunnels. As the others couldn’t understand a word they were saying, silent gestures would have to do. The gourgeist, having shaken off the gust attack, led the way, whistling a happy but very eerie tune that echoed through the hall.

“Let me guess. The survivors are this way. And we’re following the zombies to them? Oh sure, this is a great idea…”

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Dec 15 2013, 09:40 AM
Post #24

Team Rogue: Pidgeotto
Group Icon

Member No.: 814

PANE: Darryn Kellor

By the time Lyla’s Jigglypuff had ended its intensely piercing Hyper Voice and the Sweet Scent from Tikal’s Meganium had calmed everyone down, the breeder was feeling suitably embarrassed. In the lull of battle where everyone could stop and think for a moment, it becamse rapidly clear that the strange Pokemon before them were not there to battle.

*And they weren’t hurt by Jigglypuff’s attack, either…* Lyla thought to herself, remembering the sensation of frustration that had stung her after the pink ball had unleashed its move. *So these must be Ghost-types, I guess?*

Douken’s tone was a little harsh and more than a little condescending for Lyla’s liking, even though he was right. She buttoned her lip and motioned for her trusty Jigglypuff to come back to her side where she picked him up and hugged him close. Even after the whole debate about who was going to lead the rescue mission through the tunnels, it did not seem like anyone had really stepped up to the official plate. Then again, Branwys seemed to be the best option and hadn’t exactly turned it down after Lyla had.

“Gonna call you Jiggers…” Lyla muttered to the balloon Pokemon in her arms, producing a non-commital shrug from her temporary partner.

“You know this kid?” Darius sidled up to Lyla, “Is he always this crazy?”

Lya frowned and looked from the knight to her spike-haired friend.

“Yeah, I guess we know each other well enough.” She admitted, remembering their time spent together in Petropolis. “But we haven’t spent that much time together. I didn’t know he could…”

*Do what, Ly? Use telepathy like Darryn? DARRYN!*

<Darryn, are you there?! Darryn!?> Lyla broadcasted her thoughts as plainly as she could but got no immediate response. Either her cousin was out of range, preoccupied, or… the last option wasn’t worth thinking about. No way was Darryn dead.

“I didn’t know he could talk Pokemon, I guess.” She finished up, keeping her cousin’s secret safe once again. “Maybe it’s just Trainer intuition?”

With whatever conversation had passed between Douken and the evil-looking tree, the pumpkin with wide arms began to lead the way deeper into the tunnels while singing an entrancing, heart-breaking melody. Whatever the song was it made Lyla want to follow closely just to continue listening to the mournful voice and sway with the lilting tones of the song.

“Oh sure, this is a great idea…” Darius’s sarcasm was heavy but Lyla couldn’t hear it.

“A great idea.” She agreed softly as she followed the ghosts deeper into the tunnel.

--------------------
Darryn Kellor ~ ~ PANE Moderator ~ ~ Lori Pardare
PANE Characters (click to show)
LA's Plays (click to show)

Unovalocke (click to show)
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Dec 16 2013, 05:23 PM
Post #25

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

"A great idea is not standing around making needless sacrifices for a bad cause."

Branwys didn't censor herself. She was tired, she was world weary, she missed her pokemon, and she wasn't impressed with anyone in this group, least of all herself. She reached down an patted the poochyena, who had never really been put away, and followed after. She nudged Darius' arm, a process that involved her reaching up and shoving his elbow.

"Look, I appreciate your bravery. Really, I do. But we, Lyla and I, and even these guys who's names I don't know, who are no less important than us, need you to be able to stick around. Running off and leaving us behind is not OK, it doesn't help use when you do that. Volunteering to stay behind while we scramble for help also doesn't work when there are other options available to you. I- WE need for you to think of how to stick around, keep us and yourself safe. Sacrifice makes for a great story, but it's not always tactical sound when you're trying to protect someone: The first act should never be sacrifice, or you fail in your duty for any other danger we might be in. OK?"

Without waiting for an answer, she moved over to Tikal. This was going to be harder. With Darius, it was more of just saying what she thought and moving on, letting him choose whether or not he listened. She cared, but she wasn't so blind to think he would listen to, and she quoted, the hobbit. With Tikal, though she didn't know the girl's name, she had made a fool out of herself. That was never easy for Branwys to swallow, especially knowing she tended to act first and think later. Her family blamed whatever it was that kept her short making her hyper and flighty as well, but she felt it was an excuse. It didn't keep it from happening t the worst time.

"Um, miss... I... I just wanted to say I'm sorry for my joke back there, about aiming for the head if you 'turned'. It was just so dumb people were bringing up zombies, and I let myself get carried away with it, even if it was a joke." She sighed and reached into her bag. "I have some rubber gloves here, if you want to use them to help with the... uh... skrelp, I guess it's called. That's what it was saying, anyway. They're huge on me, but they might still be too small for you..." she rummaged through her bag and pulled out a small box, like a tissue box. "Poison pokemon can be dangerous bare handed."

Next she moved back to Douken. She wasn't sure what to say to the boy. He still rubbed her the wrong way, but he wasn't doing it on purpose. She hoped. Was he? No. But maybe... She stopped her thought process and took a breath. "Look... we didn't get off on the right foot, and you probably won't even listen to me, but I'm going to drop this on you: You shouldn't let the first words around people be how you think they're pawns. It puts them off... also, and this is just a pet peeve of mine, but that," she said, pointing to the psychic floating next to him, "is a gothita, not a gothica. Unless you named her Gothica, then I apologize... anyway...."

Without much preamble, she drifted back toward Lyla, reaching up and taking her hand, not quite looking up into the girl's eyes. Some leader she turned out to be.

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Dec 25 2013, 08:30 PM
Post #26

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Darius was a bit bewildered that Brawnys had come up and ranted about everyone’s behavior. OK, she didn’t sound like she was ranting, but let’s face it, it was a rant. She didn’t want Darius to run ahead or stay behind, so it seemed. After she had told everyone off in the nicest way possible (going so far as to correct Douken’s spelling), Brawny’s went with Lyla and did exactly what she told Darius not to do. He already didn’t appreciate being told how to be a bodyguard by some know-it-all who didn’t look like she was out of grade school (maybe he would be more willing to take her advice if she actually was a hobbit…). The least she could do was follow her own advice and wait for the others. And he would have told Brawnys that had she not run with Lyla behind the resident pokemon. Clearly she could dish it, but it didn’t seem she was willing to take any criticism herself.

As for the formerly zombie pokemon, Darius was still trying to figure out what to make of them. Clearly, no one was on the zombie theory anymore. But were they really going to follow these strange pokemon? On one hand, they were already told that these pokemon were hostile. On the other, there was really nowhere else to go (other than back out). If they were to rescue whoever was down here, they had to follow. And so, Darius picked up his walking speed and followed Lyla and Brawnys.

The gourgeist continued its song, while the little phanthump whistled along. It was quite a creepy tune, but what would you expect from ghost pokemon? What was strange to Darius was the increasing amount of roots appearing on the walls; he could have sworn one of them moved. Still the group followed their hosts, leading all the way to…a dead end?

The room they were end appeared to be a computer room, or was one at some point. Everything from the monitors to the linoleum floor was reclaimed by nature. The entire room was covered in roots, moss, vines, and even a few flowers. A broken ceiling pipe provided a tiny waterfall, draining into the center of the room to create a pond. It was a very nice setting, but Darius pointed out the obvious.

“Wait, I don’t see any survivors down here…”

“What are you talking about? I see…one, two, three, four, five survivors!”

Before Darius could react to what was said (which was difficult considering he didn’t speak pokemon), roots grasped onto his legs, leaving him firmly stuck where he stood. More roots grabbed the legs of the other trainers like bugs stuck in a web.

“I must disagree, dear sister, for I see five thieves. Thieves who have come to pillage this place of our kind and the stones. The stones that would overturn the natural order. Yes, I see five thieves and NO SURVIVORS!”

Darius didn’t need to understand the pokemon to know that this was a trap. Luckily, he kept one of his pokemon out, mostly because he forgot all about the beautifly.

“Bartholomew! Gust”

The bug pokemon didn’t bother to correct Darius (it was the best of the names after all), advancing toward one of the trevenant. A mighty wind struck the tree, but the enemy stood. That was when Darius felt the life sucked right out of his legs. He struggled as the leech attack continued, nearly falling over from the attack. Meanwhile, the trevenant recovered from the flying attack.

“What you take from us, we’ll take from you! Struggle more and we’ll feast on your souls!”

“Ah…what sorcery is this?” The dragon trainer used his sword to keep himself up, hoping to gather enough energy to start hacking at his chains.

While Darius was obviously distracted with the prospect of dying a slow and painful death, there was a silver lining on the monitors around the room. Almost every one of them blinked one message: SYSTEM REBOOT IN PROGRESS. The last monitor was showing a camera feed. It was showing Pandora Gibbs typing away, trying to fix what she started. Trying to get everyone’s pokemon back.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

rt117
post Dec 26 2013, 01:54 AM
Post #27

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 52 812

PANE Team

Tikal listened to Branwys' apology as she stepped forward to confront her, and upon listening to it nodded, and offered her companion a kind smile. "It's all right, no harm done." she responded, looking back down at the small Pokemon she held in her hands. "Things got a little heated, and when matters have the potential to become dangerous, it can be hard to tell a joke from something meant to be taken seriously. Besides, it's easy to get sucked into mob mentality, and I don't blame you for that."

In truth, Tikal had a hard time staying mad at people, unless they were true jerks that showed no remorse for their actions. While she barely knew Brawnys, or anyone in their group for that matter, she always tried to be sure to give people a chance. She would rather have friends than enemies after all.

Accepting the rubber gloves and tissues that were offered, the girl took them in thanks, attempting to juggle the two items, plus the somewhat calmed Skrelp. Fortunately once the gloves were on, things were a little easier in handling the poisonous Pokemon. "Thanks for the gloves too." she added, rubbing the snout of the Skrelp with her new gloves. "When my Nidorino was younger, I got frequent poisonings from its Poison Point ability. Unfortunately you never really get used to it."

With that, the group seemed to continue on further down the tunnel, following the small group of Pokemon they had encountered. Hoping to make a friend from Brawnys, she took to walking alongside her, hand brushing against her pocket full of Pokeballs, filled with Pokemon that did not belong to her. While there was hope that the group of Pokemon they had encountered were friendly, she couldn't help but feel some unease amongst the group about the strange species.

They soon entered a dead end, filled with all sorts of seemingly deactivated computers, a strange yet beautiful mix of machine and nature elegantly displaced about the room. Tikal set down the small Skrelp, which proceeded to hop toward the body of water that had formed near the middle of the room, before proceeding to dig out her camera from her bag. The fact she had forgotten to charge her battery was obvious, as she was greeted by a warning about a low camera battery. She zoomed up on the Skrelp, making sure to take a couple of photos, before slowly circling about the room and the group, snapping a few shots of nature's reclamation of human's design.

--------------------

Click above to go to the Party!
PANE RP Character profile: Tikal Faylen: @ lv. 18 : @ lv. 17 : @ lv. 17 : @ lv. 18
Uprising RP Character profile: Sera Taisa: @ lv. 20 : @ lv. 18 : @ lv. 18
PANE Character Progress- - - - - - - - - - - Tikal Faylen - Furoh Wiki
Uprising Character Progress- - - - - - - - - - - Sera Taisa - Uprising Wiki
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Dec 26 2013, 08:05 PM
Post #28

Group Icon

PANE

Sorry for not posting (click to show)

"Sorry," Douken answered back from the rant, scratching the back of his head, "Things have been hectic during the past months. Attacks from the Disciples, being used as a pawn myself for deception to get Darkrai, getting as close to dying as possible without actually crossing over, and now someone trying to kill me... Today was supposed to help relieve me of my stress before the Gigarte Gym, not make it worse.

"As for your problem on Gothita, okay, my fault. Not a Pokemon I am used to, but her name is actually Nina." He talked as they walked into the computer room, where one of the first obvious things was how much nature had taken over the room. If it was like this for year, yes it would be understandable, but considering the attack was less than an hour ago, it was too suspicious.

This ws where the betrayal flag was waved as the roots of Leech Seed wrapped around their legs. So they were kept still, but that could not stop him from reaching his belt. "Sorry, but you ruined a good moment. Here, I thought we could of done thing without violence." Pulling a Pokeball from his belt, he toss edit out, calling, "Snap, Shadow Claw!" What appeared was a female Gible, noted by the lack of notch in her fin. Right as she came out, her claws were overtaken by a dark aura before slashing at the Big Boss.

Though as one of the screens flashed, Douken saw a familiar figure. One he was traveling with for so long, he would know her features anywhere. "PAN!" What was she doing here!?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Dec 29 2013, 01:27 PM
Post #29

Group Icon

Lyla’s eyes saw the path that they took become more and more covered in roots and vines and also saw the havoc of the once-computer-suite but she didn’t really see them at all. Her eyes stared, unblinking into the near distance as she walked hand in hand with Branwys completely entranced by the haunting melody of the Gourgeist.
Her ears listened to the conversation between Darius and the Ghost-type Pokemon but she couldn’t hear the words that were exchanged, nor could she interpret their meaning. She was numb, completely cut off from her immediate surroundings and trapped within the trance supplied by the Gourgeist’s curse.

With vines ensnaring her friends, Lyla was left relatively unscathed as the song of her mental captor led her to the twin voices of two smaller Gourgeist laying in wait at the other side of the pool. The harmonious call reached her ears as soon as she entered the room and, like a magnet, she drifted their way as though on auto-pilot. A tug on her arm was felt but not registered – probably from little Branwys – and a few swaying steps later she found herself between the two Ghost Pokemon that looked like a pair of mini clones of the original pumpkin creature.

The hairlike arms of the Gourgeist reached out to receive Lyla in a soothing embrace of welcome and together they guided her to a soft spot of moss at the back of the room where she sat down vacantly. Pink hairs wrapped tenderly around her body and began to invade not only her senses but her very airways as the song of the Gourgeist continued. Tendrils poured into Lyla’s nose and mouth, resulting in slight choking as they found a place to rest inside the teen breeder’s head.
With little faces grinning with delight, the two mini Gourgeist fed upon Lyla’s suffering like rampant Munchlax in a Supermarket without a care for the rest of the battling going on throughout the room.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jan 9 2014, 07:05 AM
Post #30

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Evidently, anything Darius did to attack the trevenant would only hurt himself. Clearly his beautifly wasn’t going to cut it; he needed something that could knock out the tree ghost immediately. If only he had his charmander…wait! In his time in Blackthorn, the dragon trainer learned to watch out for ice types, and everyone knows ice wreaks havoc on plant life. He had just the pokemon with him, and one hell of an attack to go along with it. His arms currently free to summon his pokemon, Darius grabbed a pokeball and called out for…

“Pupsicle!”

“Glaceon!”

The ice type eeveelution tensed up immediately upon seeing his substitute trainer being manhandled be a tree.

“You’re in trouble now, Treebeard! …wait, is that Lyla?!”

Darius’ attention turned to the back of the room as he saw Lyla with a face full of pink spaghetti. Rather, it was the flying pumpkins that had come to feed off of her; at least, that’s what it looked like. She seemed to be in a lot worse situation than Darius, so he directed his pokemon to her.

“Winter is coming, you sorry excuses for Halloween decorations! Pupsicle, give that magnificent dragon pokemon a volley! Blizzard on the little ones!”

The glaceon raced over to the back of the room, getting ready for a powerful ice attack. He stopped between Lyla and the twin pumpkaboos and unleashed the winter storm. Grass froze over as the biting ice storm blew right into the faces of the enemy, transforming part of the room into a winter wonderland.

Darius wasn’t sure if the enemies were down, but it was a pretty kickass attack. He was grinning at the excellent work…until the trevenant began draining him once more.

“You foolish boy! Only the master can save you and your friends now! Yes, Suicune will come and judge you for your crimes. We will feast for sure!”

Darius now had a dazed look upon his face. If the roots would let him, he’d have sat down to recover from the dizzying feeling he was getting. For now, all he could do was wait for whatever to show up or blackout.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jan 19 2014, 10:53 PM
Post #31

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

Everyone was certainly much calmer, even despite following a group of creepily singing monsters down an unfamiliar hallway. She only half listened to Tikal and Douken, and it seemed that things were at least back in order for the time being. Who knews how long that would last.

As they entered what appeared to be a computer room, Branwys brightened slightly. Machinery. That was something she could figure out. The nature-stuff was nice and all, but now she was back in the world of machines. She wasn't the most computer literate person in Furoh, but she'd be damned if she couldn't maneuver her way through a system. The chance to scootch over to a computer to search for information disappeared quite quickly. A warning bark from the little Poochyena by her side caused her to jump, and perhaps it was that jump that saved her from being ensnared by the Leech Seed that had appeared at their feet.

She tugged on Lyla's hand, hoping to get the girl to move, but the blonde moved slowly, with soft, child-like steps towards a pair of pumpkins. She gave a harder yank, but found that Lyla did nothing more than continue her dead-set trek forward.

"This Bualadh craicinn place." she groaned as she backed away from the group. Lyla had just sat down on the ground, Tikal had been too busy snapping photographs to notice the sudden betrayal, and Darius was ensnared by the feet. If Douken hadn't been caught, it appeared that the two of them were really the only ones free.

"Poochyena, sic!" Obediently, the little pup ran forward to attack the two gourgeist who had Lyla in their clutches. Darius was a guy with a sword, and Douken and Tikal could probably handle themselves with any luck, but Lyla. Lyla was the closest thing she had to a friend down in this Arceus-forsaken place except for...

Well.

She didn't really want to think about him right now. As she stared at the Pokeballs on her belt, she suddenly found herself clutching at her own body as Darius' Glaceon unleashed a Blizzard in the room, eliciting a screech from all the haunted flora attacking them.

The dark-type puppy launched forward with the icy wind as Branwys fumbled around for another Pokeball. Picking one entirely at random, she threw it forward, mentally crossing her fingers for any of them except that stupid Snorlax.

The flashing light revealed a rather serene looking pokemon that Branwys recognized from Unova. She knew its pre-evolution was native to an area South and east of Castelia, so at least some level of familiarity could be shown.

"Lu."

"Yeah." Branwys nodded as the canine eyes met hers. The serious faced Lucario nodded sternly as Branwys pointed out the other Pumpkin Pokemon that had Lyla.

As the Lucario turned, the two heard a yelp of surprise as one of the Gourgeist batted aside the Poochyena, who hit the wall with a dull thud. Shakily, he got back to his feet, still bristling at his opponents.

As the two Pumpkin Pokemon leaned back, Lucario burst forward to join his Poocyhena ally. As the enemies' heads snapped forward, firing off a machine-gun burst of bullet seeds, the Lucario's paws flashed around with surprising speed, neatly deflecting each of the fired seeds and batting them harmlessly aside with lightning quick reflexes.

Poochyena shot out from between Lucario's legs, clamping down on one of the Gourgeist with his little fangs. The bite attack seemed quite effective, as the Poochyena wrestled the larger creature to the ground with just a flick of his head. The other continued to hover protectively over his quarry (read: Lyla), and began forming a Shadow Ball in front of it, aimed at the offending Bite Pokemon. But the ball never had a chance to continue forming as Lucario's Metal Claw suddenly lanced through it, dispersing the gathering ectoplasmic energy and scoring a swipe across the ghostly plant. Its song stopped as it screeched in pain, trying to move away, but refusing to let go of the girl who had sat down on the moss, effectively beginning to drag her away.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jan 22 2014, 04:33 PM
Post #32

Group Icon

As soon as the Gourgeist’s song was broken, Lyla became aware of herself once more. And oh was she aware.

“Ylllrghhhh!!!!!” Lyla tried to scream through the hair-like tendrils that invaded her nose and mouth but it only came out as a muted gurgle. She snatched at the cords infesting her airways, tugging at them sharply but with no success of loosening their hold. Instead, the ghostly plant continued to drag her, by the orifices, through moss and vines and away from the trainers that had been trying to free her.

Lyla fought wildly, kicking and grabbing at anything she could while sticky, hot tears rolled down her flaming cheeks in fear and desperation. She was dragged over a thick root, eliciting a bump and grunt which was followed up with a hollow ‘clack’ as a Pokeball was tugged free of her belt. With a wail and the strongest tug she could muster, Lyla pulled back hard on the Grougeist’s arms to give her some slack then threw herself sideways to slap the Pokeball open.

“TYPHLOOO!”

The Volcano Pokemon, Typhlosion, instantly filled Lyla’s field of vision and was rapidly joined by a powerful jet of flame. The Gourgeist screamed again, it tendrils slackening and withdrawing slightly from Lyla’s head. With a desperate yank, Lyla wrenched the hair-like vines from her throat and collapsed into the moss, drinking in as much sweet air as her lungs would take. Weak and afraid, Lyla curled up into a terrified ball and began to sob uncontrollably while the Typhlosion laid waste to the ghostly plant that had assaulted her.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jan 25 2014, 02:08 PM
Post #33

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Just as Darius was getting ready to shut his eyes in weariness, the roar of fire erupted on the other side of the room. Lyla had managed to call out a typhlosion, releasing her from the pumpkin’s grasp. The dragon trainer would have been impressed had the poor girl not been curled up in a ball of terror. Brawnys, meanwhile, was handling her own quite well with her lucario. She would need assistance getting Lyla out of there though. If only Darius could harness enough energy to perform the rescue. That nap was starting to sound really good…

“Yes, sleep. Surrender and end your thieving ways.”

It was then that the glaceon returned. Eager to get out of the way of the angry typhlosion, the ice-type returned to find his temporary master about to succumb to death by salad. The glaceon leaped onto the trevenant and bit down with icy fangs. The tree screamed in pain as his body stiffened into a frozen statue. No longer being drained of energy, Darius summoned his remaining strength and unsheathed his sword. He slashed the roots jetting out of the ground, loosening his bounds enough to free himself.

Darius knelt down to rest his legs, petting the glaceon in gratitude. There wasn’t any time to rest yet; the others still needed aid. He set off in a run towards Lyla, lumbering forward from the weakness in his body. The girl seemed in no condition to take command of the fire type, essentially leaving the typhlosion to do whatever it wants. For fire-types, that often meant burn everything to the ground. They needed to get out of here before that happened. In the midst of the typhlosion-gourgeist duel, Darius reached out for Lyla’s arm in an attempt to drag her away from the fighting.

“Let’s move before we’re turned to barbeque!”

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Jan 25 2014, 03:27 PM
Post #34

Group Icon

PANE

"I will not run..." Douken muttered, feeling the stings in his legs sap his stamina. Biting into the Sitris Berry, his eyes locked onto the ghosts before them saying, "If Suicune will place me on trail, then do so! I gave you trust and no form of hostility, and this is how you repay. I have only one goal here, and that is to make sure the real thieves don't get their goals, whether it be the level modification devices or the legendary Dogs themselves.

"Either way, saving the dogs may be able to help me pay back the life Ho-Oh saved me from up on Mount Cornello. If I am to risk my life to save them, then so be it! I have already met Death once anyways. If we meet again, I am sure she will ask me how her daughter is doing. Snap!" not even needing to call out a command, the Land shark came over, claws glowing white as she slashed at the vines at his legs, freeing him from his spot.

Turning his head to Darius, he stared at him and said, "If you're going to get her out of here, you best get moving now. I doubt Darryn would be pleased if I got her cousin injured too badly." Clicking a couple Pokeballs off his belt, he turned back to the collection of ghosts as he threw them out, revealing the Flaaffy and Bulbasaur that had been stuck with him. "Last warning: Stop this nonsensical hostility towards us or be ready to face this Amazon's wrath."

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jan 31 2014, 12:49 PM
Post #35

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Okay. Lyla free. Check.
Darius free. Check.
Douken free. Check.
Tikal free. Check.

Branwys ran through her mental checklist, eying the other members of her group. While she'd appointed pretty much everyone else as leader, it seemed that she had to at least keep tabs on them. Lyla (poor girl), was sobbing uncontrollably while her newly summoned Fire Badger rampaged around the remaining ghost plants.

What a ridiculous sentence. Branwys frowned. At least I'll have a fun story to tell the family.

Darius had made his way over to Lyla, and was trying to convince her to move out of the blast zone. For once, the Knight in Dull Armor made some sense. Leaving Lucario and Poochyena to handle their end of the fight, she moved over to Lyla as well, placing her hands gently on the girl's arms. Lyla's body was wracked with heaving sobs, and she seemed incapable of any coherent thought. Who could blame her? Ghostly flora had been inside her face. While the very thought of it sounded unpleasant, surely the experience was worse by at least a hundred times.

"Shhhh...shhh...Lyla. We need to move." She stroked Lyla's arm gently, whispering to her in the hushed tones that Zola and Agatha had always done for her.

Not very effective.

While the battle rampaged around, the Douken-kid had taken to standing in the middle of the room, holding out Pokeballs and monologuing in the fashion of protagonists. Branwys' eyes narrowed once more as her irritation shot up to dangerous levels.

"What the hell are you TALKING about!?" She found herself screaming towards him. "Legendary Dogs!? Who the hell said ANYTHING about Legendary Dogs!? STOP trying to REASON with the things that are trying to KILL US!!!" She looked to Darius, who had been severely weakened, and Douken. "The two of you-" she gestured pointedly at the Double Dumbo Squad of Douken and Darius, "-need to carry Lyla out of her before we're all roasted alive!"

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Feb 6 2014, 10:08 PM
Post #36

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Darius was befuddled with everything Douken had just said. Level device? Legendary dogs? The dragon trainer was still under the impression that they were out to rescue people. After going on about Ho-Oh and death’s daughter, Douken told Darius to get Lyla out of there, lest he upset Darryn, whoever that was. He then threatened their foes with a pick sheep a plant lizard, declaring himself a member of a female warrior race. Many questions went through Darius’ mind, but only one was important enough for him to say aloud.

“That’s a woman?!”

There was no time to delve on that revelation; they needed to get out before more foes appeared. Brawnys, who was quickly becoming the most annoying hobbit he had ever met, began berating him about carrying Lyla out of there. Getting nearly chocked to death by a spaghetti pumpkin monster, she could have used a minute to catch her breath. Brawnys was right however; they needed to move. He turned to Lyla, who was still shaking in fear. She was no longer the brave girl in the tunnels fighting back the zombie horde. Death had nearly taken her. She could use some of Darius’ bravado. The dragon trainer knelt down and scooped up Lyla into his arms, his arms behind her lower back and knees for support. He tried to get her attention with a silent ‘hey’, squeezing her a bit to let her know she wasn’t in danger anymore.

“No more tears, Ms. Moore. Soon, that typhlosion of yours will make some pumpkin pie outta that thing. Right now, we gotta get outta here though!”

Darius whistled over his pokemon to come to him; both the beautifly and glaceon were by his side immediately. He slowly stood up as he tried to maintain his balance while carrying Lyla. He wasn’t about to require any assistance with carrying a damsel in distress, no matter how much strength he had!

It was then that a wind blew behind the group. Something sailed over them. Darius turned his head to see, but there was nothing but the raging battle of typhlosion of gourgeist. When he faced forward however, he nearly dropped Lyla in shock! What he saw could was only known to the dragon trainer in tales around the fire. The embodiment of wind and water, adorned with crystal crown and regal mane, stood before them as a king to peasants. A few seconds went by as they stared at each other. Darius wondered what they were to do next; surely they weren’t going to fight a legendary pokemon.

“That is…that is…”

“A welcome sight for sore eyes? Yes, I would agree.” Suicune replied to the humans with telepathy. Though no actual words were spoken, his tone was that of benevolence.

“I see your hearts. You are indeed strong, but you are certainly not thieves.”

At this declaration, the legendary looked over to whatever remaining ghost plants were left standing, urging them to retreat. Darius could see the light at the end of the tunnel. This would be a fitting end to this quest.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Feb 13 2014, 05:04 PM
Post #37

Group Icon

PANE

"I told you I am a guy. My mom is one and she raised me like one herself. I am sure you still have your ideals and lessons driven into you when you were growing up as a kid." Still, the Legendary Dog showing up was a comfort as it ran the ghosts off. Heading over to the blazing Typhosion, he began to pet its cheek, telling it, "Calm down. The threat is gone. You can relax."

Once he was sure the Jhoto starter was calmed down, he turn back to Suicune as dug into his bag, pulling out a Sitris Berry, quick to toss it over to the "knight" of the group. He was perfectly fine eating berries that helped recovered energy, so he hope the kid would get the idea.

However, once he got in front of Suicune, the trainer took to a knee and bowed his head, even making the "borrowed team" look at him oddly. "Suicune, embodiment of the north winds. Thank you for your assistance. As I stated before, Ho-Oh, said to have command over the trio of you and your brothers, saved many lives from an avalanche. Many of us are here thanks to his flames, but in my respect, I need to repay him for the lives he had spare, even if the task is complex and would take the rst of my life to pay off.

"However, first there is something I must know." Looking up, he continued, "On the screen, there was a woman working on the computer. Most likely, she is trying to fix the problem and get our families of Pokemon back together. However, I fear its a friend that should of left the land to a safer region as she is pregnant. Please, do you know if she is safe?"

--------------------
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Feb 14 2014, 11:01 AM
Post #38

Group Icon

Lyla buried her face deep into Darius’s neck. She threw her arms around his broad shoulders and clung to him tightly, all thought of rescuing the supposedly trapped scientist fleeing her mind and being firmly replaced with a desperation for herself to be back in the safety of the Pokemon Center. She sobbed heavily, her chest convulsing with strained breaths, without really knowing what was going on around her.

A stiff wind blew against Lyla’s back, the chill causing her to tighten her hold on Darius more tightly than ever. She squeezed her eyes tight shut, all manner of nightmares suggesting themselves to her as she tried to give the hard breeze an explanation so far underground. An explanation, however, with a proud voice that carried a tone of authority and wisdom.

Lyla removed her face from Darius’s neck slowly, her cheeks stained bright red with fear and tears.

“Wuh…” She blinked at the majestically beautiful sight of Suicune. Its mane and tails somehow rippled in a non-existant wind almost as though the breeze they floated on came from inside the creature itself. “What is that?” She whispered to Darius cautiously. She still quivered with terror but at least she had stopped crying, transfixed by the beauteous Pokemon addressing them.

A grunt from beside her ear signified that her Typhlosion had returned to her side and was signalling for Darius to put her down. After a moment, the knight complied and the Fire Pokemon warpped its much warmer arms around Lyla’s body. With the enormous weasel spooning her like a cuddlye hot water bottle, Lyla felt a little more of the stress drain from her bones. The Ghosts were gone and a powerful Pokemon was protecting her for the moment – all she had to do next was wait for the others to lead her to the exit. She was tired, hungry and not in any mood to fight anything else that wanted to suck out her brains.

*Please let us get out of here fast!*

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Feb 14 2014, 12:43 PM
Post #39

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Normally Branwys would've been miffed that Douken flat out ignored her. However, the incredible majestic sight of Suicune appeared before them, and she was stunned into silence from the voice in resonating in her head.

Now a Legendary Dog was standing before them. How the hell did Douken even know they were here? And why was he talking about Ho-oh now? Things were quickly spinning beyond the realm of reason, and she couldn't stand it. This land was absolutely crazy.

Unconsciously, she found herself drifting behind Darius. While it wasn't usually her modus operandi, a part of her figured that his armor would somehow protect both of them.

She watched as her temporary allies, Lucario and Poochyena, moved to stand defensively next to Darius, staring down the regal Pokemon in front of them. As if they were sensing Branwys' hestitation, they crouched into defensive stances, eying the Suicune distrustfully.

With Douken evidently in a world of his own, Darius too much of a nutjob, and Lyla too busy being comforted by a fire weasel, someone needed to communicate with the Suicune properly.

"Excuse me, your Highness." She wasn't sure what to call a Legendary Pokemon, considering she'd never met one before. "We're tired...and lost. We came down here to rescue people...but there's no one to rescue. Could you please show us how to get out of here. I...I just want..."

She bit her lip as she felt it begin to tremble. Tears stinging at her eyes as she reached out her hand and clasped the Lucario's tightly. Normally, she would've hated the sight of herself, crying like a little child, and holding onto the hand of something bigger than herself. It was precisely the image she'd tried to remove from everyone's perceptions of her. She was capable. She was strong. But now right now.

"I just want to go home!"

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Feb 15 2014, 03:02 PM
Post #40

Group Icon

And a Golurk

While busy staring in awe at the legendary pokemon, Darius had a berry thrown at him. His arms full of Lyla, he was unable to catch the berry. It was a rather cruel joke for the tired and hungry dragon trainer as the berry disappeared somewhere along the ground. Darius’ sad face disappeared into confusion as Douken bowed to Suicune and talked about Ho-Oh and a girl on a screen. As weird as that was, Darius couldn’t help but have mad respect for someone who could encounter the extraordinary and have the pokeballs to start asking favors.

It was then that Growl came behind him: the typhlosion wanted his rental trainer back. Normally, Darius would have made an argument to stay as the knight in shining armor, but really was too tired to resist. Lyla seemed to be doing better with the pokemon anyways. His weary body was thankful for that.

Brawnys finally broke down after all the day’s events, expressing the desires everyone had in a single fit. Suicune found the entire group to be very un-thief like. Clearly they were not part of the threat to this place; they really were down her to help. With that, the legendary began to answer their questions.

“Ah, yes. The girl seems to be exactly where we left her. She should be safe from whatever else happens here. You see, my brothers and I were asked to come here to help with this celebration. We were to provide security, both for the new pokemon you’ve seen here, as well as the other secrets within the lab. When we were attacked, we were sure the attackers and looters would be flooding in soon after. It is clear that you are neither. As soon as you are back to the surface, I shall retrieve the girl.”

“Speaking of which, the fastest way out of here would be the way you came. It seems many of you are weary of this place, so allow me to summon another set of legs for you.”

Suicune gave a howl that echoed through the room, followed by a strong breeze that flowed over the group. This was followed by the trotting of hooves and the rustling of bushes. While Darius thought the creatures were coming from the bushes behind them, it turned out that the new pokemon were the bushes. Specifically, four large goat pokemon adorned with foliage came onto the scene, lining up behind Suicune for further orders.

“These gogoat have longed served Man in traveling across their distant land. They would serve you today. Climb upon them and allow them to take you back to the surface.”

“Hell yeah!”

Eager to climb on giant goat bushes, Darius took up Suicune’s offer. Upon approach, one of the gogoat knelt down to allow the dragon trainer to mount. As if on instinct, he put his hands on the goat’s horns, which were conveniently placed like handlebars on a motorcycle. Darius nodded in approval.

“Man, it feels like I haven’t sat down in ages. Thanks, Mr. Goat!”

“Go Go Gadget Gogoat!”

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:04 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.