Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Petropolis Catastrophe - Team Green
Kamaitachi
post Nov 11 2013, 08:49 PM
Post #1

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

Cast:
Taggarty Lee - Kamaitachi
Jill Laurent - Yzarc Drowsnam
Darryn Kellor - Living Arrow

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Nov 16 2013, 06:55 PM
Post #2

Omar comin'
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10 745

PANE

"Nate!" Ace, one of the high ranking Team Deception members, had made his way into the science facilities. This place was sterile, white and nothing like the pokemon tunnels most of the resistance was going through. There weren't a whole lot of people here, since most of the scientists already cleared out. Ace's mission was to find Nate Guzman, a lower ranking Team Deception grunt (though with very powerful pokemon) and seek out the device used to force all pokemon to become level 50.

This device was extremely powerful. It was no replacement for evolution, or real training, and it would likely actually weaken most legendary pokemon, but it would serve to provide an instant boost of power to very weak pokemon, which would allow even the weakest Team Deception grunts to wreck some serious havoc.

"Yo," Nate popped his head from around the corner in one of the rooms, then saw who it was. "Ace?" The two had been on one mission together before, certainly the most frightening mission either had ever been on. The image of a Dusknoir holding up Ace's bodyless head and laughing all while in a dreamworld orchestrated by Darkrai, flowed back into Nate's head, and he could feel himself getting sick. "Shit, dude. Sorry, I can't- Gimme a sec."

"What's up? You okay?"

"Yeah, it's just-" Nate began. "I guess Omar and Miriam didn't tell you what happened after you died in your nightmare."

"Oh." Ace felt himself gulp loudly. "I don't, uh- If it's cool with you, I don't wanna talk about that. We need to focus on the mission."

"Yeah," Nate nodded. "There were a few scientists down here who tried to fight me off, but they were handled. Most of 'em bailed, but I'd wager there's a few more protecting the device itself."

"Well," Ace nodded. "At least we know they're not gonna run away with it."

"How do we know that?" Nate asked.

"The device is huge, man."

"Ah," Nate nodded. "So then, how were we gonna get it out of here?"

"My Machamp's gonna do the heavy lifting. No problem."

"You don't think the scientists have any strong pokemon?"

"I-" Ace began. "Shit. Yeah, we better get there."

Ace took the lead and Nate followed behind. With Ace focused on what was ahead, Nate took the opportunity to pull out his phone to see if his friend from outside had responded. This device was too powerful to be able to fall into the hands of Team Deception, and Nate planned on forcing the mission to fail. To do that, he'd need help.

--------------------

[spoiler=PANE - Justin Smart]
Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
Currently In: Zoobreak!
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]
[spoiler=PANE - Jill Laurent]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Currently In: Back in the Zone[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Uprising - Abraham West]Magma - Grunt
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
Currently In: Interception!
:piloswine: :elekid: :shellder:[/spoiler]
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Nov 25 2013, 10:48 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

A sharp whistle pierced the air as Taggarty Lee approached the dome. As he braced up against the frame of the door, his temporary teammate Togekiss floated down, alighting on his outstretched arm.

With his free hand, he flipped out his Pokedex, looking at the message.

"Arrived at the entrance. What now?"

There was a part of him that figured an ambush would be sprung at any time. It stood to sense that if Team Deception was involved, they'd take out people with any prior knowledge of them and their means. He ran through a mental checklist of people in his head. He doubted if Seiccan even knew if they existed at all, and the only other person he knew had contact with the Team was...

A sharp pang ripped through him for a moment as his thoughts hit Raven Amaranth, probably the closest person he'd actually even thought about having a relationship with. Shaking his head for a moment, he drew a concerned trill from the surprisingly empathic Togekiss.

"I'm fine, friend."

In order to distract himself from what would ultimately be a futile line of thinking, he flipped out the pokedex, scanning the pokeballs at his belt.

QUOTE(Golett)
Golett - Iron Fist Ability
Quiet Nature
Moves: Magic Coat (Egg Move), Pound, Astonish, Defense Curl, Mud-slap, Rollout, Shadow Punch, Iron Defense, Mega Punch, Magnitude, Dynamicpunch, Night Shade, Curse, Earthquake, Hammer Arm

QUOTE(Togekiss)
Togekiss - Serene Grace Ability
Adamant Nature
Moves: Thunder Wave ™, Magical Leaf, Growl, Charm, Metronome, Sweet Kiss, Metronome, Yawn, Encore, Follow Me, Bestow, Wish, Ancientpower, Safeguard, Baton Pass, Double-Edge, Last Resort, Sky Attack, Extremespeed, Aura Sphere, Air Slash

QUOTE(Pichu)
Pichu - Lightningrod Ability
Mild Nature
Moves: Encore (Egg Move), Thundershock, Charm, Tail Whip, Thunder Wave, Sweet Kiss, Nasty Plot

QUOTE(Excadrill)
Excadrill - Sand Rush Ability
Lax Nature
Moves: Iron Defense (Egg Move), Scratch, Mud Sport, Rapid Spin, Mud-Slap, Fury Swipes, Metal Claw, Dig, Hone Claws, SLash, Rock Slide, Horn Drill, Earthquake, Swords Dance, Sandstorm

QUOTE(Dratini)
Dratini - Marvel Scale Ability
Serious Nature
Moves: Dragon Dance (Egg Move), Wrap, Leer, Thunder Wave, Twister, Dragon Rage, Slam, Agility, Dragon Tail, Aqua Tail, Dragon Rush, Safeguard

QUOTE(Squirtle)
Squirtle - Torrent Ability
Brave Nature
Moves: Brine ™, Tackle, Tail Whip, Bubble, Withdraw, Water Gun, Bite, Rapid Spin, Protect, Water Pulse, Aqua Tail, Skull Bash, Iron Defense, Rain Dance, Hydro Pump

He closed his eyes for a moment, committing as many of the moves to memory as possible. He'd been at the training gig for a long time, but even memorizing 6 (relatively) new movesets was a bit difficult for him. He didn't want to use the little Pichu in battle, considering it appeared to be small and mostly scared. At least he had a few basic combos to use, and a Dragon-Type Pokemon at his side. While he was sure that his skills hadn't rusted, he felt rather loathe to enter the Dratini into combat. The sense of power, mixed with the intense nostalgia, when he fought alongside Dratini to get to the Pokemon Center had felt amazing. That sort of sensation would easily become intoxicating if he wasn't careful.

Whatever this mystery person wanted, he hoped he could be of use with the makeshift team. Another part of his brain nagged that it wished Jill Laurent had joined him. Or if he'd had a chance to grab Darryn, or Douken. With any luck, the mystery text was from Justin...though, considering the immaculate spelling and grammar, it was most likely from Nate.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Nov 29 2013, 12:15 AM
Post #4

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Jill's Team (click to show)

As Jill sat in the crowd in the pokemon center, with nothing to do but stare at the six unfamiliar pokeballs now sitting in her purse, she couldn't help but think on Tag's words. He asked for her help, but she declined. Yes, she needed to get her pokemon back as her first priority. No, she wasn't out to save the world or prove anything to anyone else. But in this particular case, it appeared that the only way to get her pokemon back was to stop the bad guys.

So, she stood up and grabbed her purse. What did she have to lose, after all? She already lost Pele and Vinyl. She already lost her human family. The only person remaining was herself, and her new and (hopefully) temporary pokemon. But without her own pokemon, none of it really seemed to matter to her. So, she'd risk the life of her new team, and the life of herself, for the chance at getting her pokemon back. It may not have been the smart choice, but it was the only one.

So, she followed Tag back into the stadium. She got there just in time to see Tag at the entrance, looking at what appeared to be his new team of six. Jill took note of each of his pokemon and committed them to memory. If they were going to be fighting side by side, she'd need to know the abilities of her ally. As for her own pokemon, she had already scanned them while they were within their pokeballs. Jill had no intention of becoming friends with this new team, so knowing their abilities from an objective standpoint was all that was necessary. They'd be back in their proper homes soon enough. She did this as she approached, and once she felt comfortable, she called out to him.

"Tag!" She raised her hand as well. When his attention turned to her, she paused for a moment, not quite sure exactly what to say. It was strange, because she felt like him convincing her to do something she initially didn't want to was sort of like him winning and her losing. She couldn't really help but put all social interactions into a competitive context, and so it was hard to comprehend the fact that others didn't do it as well. "I, uh. You're right. I was wrong. I'm with you, whatever you need me to do. Let's stop these people."

---------------

As Nate and Ace made their way deeper into the facilities, Nate was relieved to see that Tag had responded to his text. Tag was, of course, the most powerful trainer that Nate trusted. Surely Tag didn't return that trust, but Nate was well aware. Tag wasn't the kind of person to trust easily, and Nate wasn't the kind of person to be easily trusted. But Tag was so incredibly consistent that it wasn't so much Tag, as a person, who Nate trusted, but his actions. If Tag could help, he would. Period.

This is a TD Op. Omar Ace and Miriam are leading. Need your help to stop Ace from stealing the level 50 device. In the facilities under the arena. Pls dont blow my cover with Ace. Need him to think im with him still so you need to beat both of us.

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Nov 29 2013, 02:37 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

The tattooed man visibly relaxed as he saw Jill approach. As she drew up close, he gave her that was somewhere between a mix between a stern nod and a relieved smile. The Togekiss on his arm trilled gently at Jill's approach, chirruping happily at her.

"It doesn't matter who's wrong or right here...we've got a mission."

His Pokedex beeped insistently in his hand, and he gave Jill a rather significant look. Hopefully, he transferred the sense of the gravity of the situation via eye-contact.

"And there it is."

Understood. How do I get to you?

"From what I understand so far, we've got a group of criminals heading for the levelling device. There should be at least two - A man named Ace. Last I ran into him, he had a Flygon, but I don't know anyone else on his roster. I couldn't get a very good read on his battle style, but my guess is that he packs some incredibly powerful fully evolved Pokemon. The other is most likely Nate Guzman." He eyed Jill for a second, wondering how to approach the situation. He could deceive her, which would make their performance all the more believable. He didn't know how Jill acted...but to keep anything from her would make him no better than the villains.

"He's on our side. Double agent. We can't blow his cover though, so we need to take him down too. He'll pull his punches, but I bet not by much. Kingler, Numel, Sneasel, Espeon, and Ursaring. They're all very well trained, which will be all the difference given that all of our Pokemon are the same level for now. They're advantage is that they've got their own Pokemon. But I'm willing to be that you and I are smarter." He gave a sidelong grin as he turned to survey the area once more. "And prettier."

Tag froze. That was probably the most suave thing he'd ever said in his entire life. Perhaps he was simply a crisis mode person. Normally wit and charm weren't his forte by any means. But maybe all it took was world-threatening events.

"Togekiss, Overwatch. Scout out an entrance to the underground labs." He checked his Pokedex once more for a reply. "Jill. I've got your back, okay? Can I trust you to watch mine?"

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Dec 10 2013, 11:29 PM
Post #6

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Jill was just taking in all the information that Tag was giving her. He gave her a list of six pretty powerful pokemon, with the guarantee that there were more. Her own roster was, in her opinion, weak comparatively. But apparently one of the guys, Nate Guzman, was going to throw the fight-Wait.

"Nate Guzman?" She heard him say "And prettier," recognized it, and chose to completely ignore it. Something else popped up in her mind. "I've fought him," she looked up at Tag, with probably one of the more confused looks on her face in the past few years. "He was my preliminary round in the tournament. Was he- He was pulling his punches then too, wasn't he? That fucker let me win."

She went over the roster Tag told her in her head once more. Kingler, Numel, Sneasel, Espeon, and Ursaring. Kingler and Sneasel checked out, but he had a different third from the others. What was that third? It was a poison type, she remembered because she was confident that it couldn't poison Vinyl, because he, too, was Poison. Arbok? No. "Seviper." She said, though it was likely Tag didn't know why. "Nate has a sixth pokemon. A Seviper."

"And yes," she added. "I got your back, Tag."

------------------

Nate got Tag's text and was waiting for the right opportunity to respond. He needed Ace to be distracted, but Ace just kept looking at him weird. "What?" Nate finally asked.

"You're the wrong person,"

"Uh," Nate shrugged. "I don't-"

"Pan was supposed to be down here. That was the plan," Ace said. "Pandora Gibbs was supposed to be down here with me. You were supposed to have been the one to set up the explosion. So, what happened? Why are you here?"

"I made the call," Nate said. "It was on me. I barely know Pan, so I wasn't comfortable with her being down here, on basically the most important part of the mission. Setting off the bomb is easy. I gave her instructions. No problem. Unless there's some reason that is a problem?"

"Not from my end," Ace shrugged. "Was just wonderin', man."

"Okay," Nate nodded. "Fair enough."

Nate was getting more and more suspicious, as he spoke to Ace, that Ace was a lot smarter than he let on. This was somewhat concerning, because it just seemed to him that Ace was the muscle. Omar was the leader. Miriam was the brains. But if the muscle is actually smart, he began to wonder how strong Miriam was. Maybe Miriam was actually the muscle? But then who was the wildcard?

He figured he'd just have to text from his pocket and hope he didn't have too many typos. Or that he accidentally sent it to Omar or something.

In the arena with the expulsion. Go down, thought. Into the science labs. It's a straight shot.

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Dec 11 2013, 12:38 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

"You fought him, huh?" Tag tilted his head at this news. Jill seemed pretty peeved about it, but a part of him was quite convinced that she'd actually beaten Nate of her own accord. If Nate had been pulling his punches against her, then perhaps if Tag ever had to face Nate, he more than likely would lose.

"A Seviper, huh?" Tag's eyebrow raised. He couldn't be certain for sure, but this was quite possibly the first sign that Justin had kept his promise. Tactfully, or perhaps out of fear, Tag had never inquired as to Justin's end of that promise. There was no way Jill knew the possible significance of that revelation, but she had just given Tag an extra little bit of hope for his allies in their dangerous predicament. One little promise could mean the world to him.

A message beeped, and Tag flipped it up. The text seemed garbled, which meant that Nate was working under duress or in a hurry. He didn't have time for more messages. Hopefully, Nate would understand.

"Glad to hear it." Tag nodded firmly. "We've got an entrance up ahead, so let's head on down."

Tag and Jill made their way into the tunnels. Tag, for safety purposes, had his Excadrill leading the way. It stood to sense to have a Pokemon out, to save on time between summoning and first attack. Also, Excadrill had excellent defensive typing, and would hopefully resist any pre-emptive strikes. Likewise, he could always whip up a localized sandstorm to provide cover for their retreat. It seemed the best choice.

A sudden noise from one of the tunnels, and Excadrill immediately jumped into a fighting stance, ready to strike. Tag stood, hovering just by his Pokemon, glaring intently into the tributary hallway. A figure was moving towards them. Excadrill's movelist ran through Tag's head as he prepped for combat. The command for Rock Slide started to form on his lips when he recognized the figure moving towards them.

"Darryn?"

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Dec 15 2013, 10:22 AM
Post #8

Team Rogue: Pidgeotto
Group Icon

Member No.: 814

PANE: Darryn Kellor

“Gallade, Close Combat!” Darryn cried, his borrowed Pokemon delivering a speedy barrage of deadly kicks and punches that launched the lioness with the flaming mane into the far wall. With a growl and a grumble, the species that Darryn had never seen before collapsed into an unconscious heap at the Gallade’s feet. Darryn reached back for his bag without thinking about it and found nothing but air. He chuckeld to himself and ran a hand over his face.

“Didn’t bring it, Daz.” He reminded himself slowly. “And these Pokemon probably aren’t wild so we cant catch them anyway…”

“Lade?” The knightly Pokemon returned to Darryn obediently, waiting for further orders. What a Pokemon. So bold, so courteous. Powerful and fast, this Pokemon had certainly been raised by a talented trainer somewhere and now here Darryn was, wishing he could keep it.

“Nice work, Gallade.” Darryn nodded to the Pokemon firmly. “Please, stay out of the Pokeball and come with me.”

“Gal gall.” A salute was the only response. Darryn inwardly groaned at the ridiculous nature of the Pokemon but secretly thanked his lucky stars that he got such a reliable donation from the mysterious swapping of his Pokeballs.

*Whereever you are, Lady – I’ll find you and the others.*

<Come, now.> Entei’s rumbling voice bloomed in Darryn’s head, reminding him that there were ore pressing issues waiting for his attention. <Turn right.>

“Okay okay.” Darryn muttered back, following the disembodied voice that spoke only in his mind. “Don’t need to yell…”

Descending further into the tunnels, Darryn had found a number of seemingly Fire-typed Pokemon and had managed to avoid any skirmishes until the most recent with the lioness. Maybe Entei had had something to do with the wide berth that the other Pokemon had given him as he had negotiated the network of tunnels? Maybe not. Maybe Darryn was clutching at straws.

With a deep breath, Darryn came to the doorway that Entei must have been referring to and paused at it before going through. The air coming from the other side was cooler and the corridor shone with pristine square tiles. Nothing else was remarkable to the Co-Ordinator and Gallade didn’t show any outward signs of protest that they shouldn’t go through.

<Here?>

<Yes.>

“Okay, let’s go, Gallade.” Darryn sighed as he stepped through and continued into the facility. They had gone barely two steps before the sound of feet on tiles reached their ears. In the near dark of the tunnel, Darryn squinted towards the sound and tensed automatically. Gallade practically bristled at his side, ready to strike.

*Psycho Cut, Leaf Blade, Close Combat, Night Slash, Teleport.* Darryn reminded himself of the moves Gallade had which he had commited to memory. There was no way he could keep all of the moves of all six borrowed Pokemon in his head so only the most powerful or useful techniques had made the short list which he rolled through his mind like a broken record player.

“Darryn?”

“Wha- who- Tag?” Darryn stammered, tension seaping out of his bones like treacle. Gallade fidgeted with anticipation. “Tag Lee?”

Sure enough, out of the gloom came the well-built trainer and a sturdy looking mole of a Pokemon. Although still kind of scary, Darryn had never felt better seeing Tag’s tattooed face and suddenly everything felt a little better than it had a moment before. With them, another trainer appeared. She was probably around the same age as Tag but carried herself differently – firmly and with purpose in her step that Tag couldn’t match even on his best day. Whoever she was, the face seemed familiar to Darryn but there was no way for him to place her… Maybe she had been one of the faces up on the boards during the tournament? Whoever, the more people that could help him get out the better.

“Tag! You’re down here to help find any survivors, too?” Darryn asked ignorantly. “I’ve had no luck and the shaft I came down got sealed again before anyone else could follow. I was just-“

*Following an Entei?! What are you meant to say?! Lassie led you here?!*

“I mean, can I join you guys?”

--------------------
Darryn Kellor ~ ~ PANE Moderator ~ ~ Lori Pardare
PANE Characters (click to show)
LA's Plays (click to show)

Unovalocke (click to show)
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Dec 18 2013, 02:30 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Tag's hand flashed out, stopping in front of his tensing Excadrill. The Steel Mole visibly relaxed, watching Darryn coolly and clacking his claws idly.

"Darryn." A genuinely happy smile appeared on Tag's tattooed visage. The older man looked genuinely relieved to see another friend. While he only ever seemed to run into the young co-ordinator when the world was ending, it didn't stop him from looking pleased when Darryn asked to join him.

"Absolutely" Tag nodded, looking over at the Gallade. Darryn apparently fared well in the crazy-swap, at least having received one fully evolved Pokemon and not a team of Six Level 50 Magikarps. "Darryn, this is Jill Laurent. Jill? Meet Darryn. We'll need all the help we can get. Here's the deal:

"Team Deception is going after something big, and it's our job to stop them. We'll be facing Ace and Nate. Nate is on our side, but we can't let them know that. We take them on, Nate's going to throw the fight. He's smart, so he can at least make it look like he's not holding back." Tag took a moment to collect his thoughts. "We can trust him. I trust him."

It felt like a heavy thing to say. Tag, not being someone who trusted easily, especially with people whom he'd met under questionable circumstances, found it quite difficult to say that he trusted Nate. But, the fact of the matter was that he did, never mind that he really had no choice on the matter.

The Seviper, he hoped, would be the proof of their trust.

"The other guy, Ace, is a high ranking member, and presumably has some very powerful Pokemon at his disposal." Under normal circumstances, they probably would not have stood a chance...or perhaps because they didn't have their normal teams, they stood less of a chance? The former Dragon Trainer now felt quite unsure as to their odds of success. Nevertheless, they had to try.

For a moment, Tag looked at Darryn curiously. The guy's story seemed...not entirely fleshed out. The tiny possibility that Darryn was a member of Team Deception crept into his ever-calculating brain, which meant that there was the potential that he'd just given up Nate's biggest secret.

On the one hand, he and Darryn had gone through the harrowing affair of Starfall Field, working selflessly together to rescue Lyla, and get as many people to the cave as possible. In crisis, peoples' true colours were revealed, and Darryn, he felt, was a good person.

But so were Nate and Justin. To that extent, so were Omar, Miriam, and Ace. They, too, had shared a horrifying event, where the Ace, Miriam, and Omar had all died in front of his very eyes. They had all worked together to escape the horrid nightmare world, but such a thing couldn't necessarily make them good people? But Nate and Justin were good people...but they were still involved in the attack-

There were too many shades of morality to interrogate. For a moment, Tag darkly entertained the thought of sitting down everyone he knew and torturing them until they answered properly. The idea, while entertaining, disturbed him a bit. He had never been that person; that's just what he'd told himself over the past few years. Taggarty Lee was no villain.

So, with Jill and Darryn, he'd just have to put faith in the fact that they weren't going to turn on him. Preparing a safeguard against it, however, seemed like a natural, albeit suspicious, move.

"Okay...we're all clear." Staring at his two teammates for this mission, he let out a sigh and turned to continue down the hallway. "C'mon guys; let's try and catch up to them."

ooc (click to show)

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Dec 22 2013, 05:44 PM
Post #10

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Jill was slightly comforted by the fact that Tag appeared to trust this Darryn guy. When they were introduced, she simply nodded her head towards him in acknowledgement. She wasn't looking to make more friends; her mission was very specific.

She nodded at Tag's suggestion to keep moving as well, and so the trio continued, following Tag's lead.

------

"Hey Nate," Ace began as the two continued through the facilities. "Can I ask you a question, man?"

"Uh yeah," Nate nodded. "Go for it."

"You got to see Omar's nightmare, right? When we were in Darkrai's dreamworld."

"Yeah, I was there."

"What was it like?" Ace asked. "It's crazy to me, imagining that guy could be scared of anything."

"It was just a series of natural disasters," Nate replied. "The world was basically falling apart all around us, and there wasn't anything any of us could do. So I'm guessing-"

"He's afraid to lose control," Ace shook his head and chuckled. "No amount of strength or charisma can overcome the apocalypse. So how'd you guys get through it?"

"The guy just closed his eyes and concentrated," Nate said. "He just took control over the dream world. It didn't make sense. No one else could do it. But he fuckin' did it."

"Omar's crazy, man," Ace said. "Dude scares the shit out of me."

Nate gulped silently. That hit home much harder than Ace could have anticipated. Nate's nightmare, after all, was being targeted by Team Deception. For the time being, Omar was on his side, but he didn't imagine that would last much longer. At this point, it felt like the only thing which was going to take out Omar was the apocalypse, and even that wasn't a sure thing anymore.

"Yo, you think this room is it?" Ace continued as they reached the end of the hallway. He didn't wait for Nate to respond to open up the door. The room was filled with computers all hooked up to a larger, central, spherical device. It looked to be powered by a combination of human technology and pokemon power. As Ace mentioned earlier, it was too large for a human to carry. They'd need Machamp. "Yeah. Yeah, that's it."

"Should we unplug everything before we try to move it?" Nate asked, figuring it would at least buy them some time for Tag, and whomever he brought, to get there and contest it.

"I guess so," Ace shrugged. "I'm just glad we didn't have to fight anybody to get here."

"Yeah, me too." Nate nodded.

------

When Tag, Darryn and Jill made it to the final stretch of hallway before the leveling device, they were able to clearly see Nate and Ace at the end of the hallway, finishing up unplugging everything from the large, spherical device. "I'll take Nate," Jill said. "I've fought him before, and beat him, so it won't be surprising for me to beat him again."

------

"Looks like some heroes found us," Ace said as he noticed the trio down the hall. "Let's deal with them, then we can finish up here."

Nate nodded, and the two left the room with the device to confront the trio, towards the middle of the hallway, some distance away from the device itself. This was a strategic decision on Ace's part, as he didn't want the device destroyed during the battle. However, as they got closer to each other, Ace recognized Tag.

"Tag Lee," he shook his head. "I gotta admit, I'm a little surprised to see ya here. You seemed a little too smart to be makin' enemies out of us."

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Dec 24 2013, 05:42 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

*Team Deception!? How do these guys know about Team Deception!?* Darryn’s ease was lost, his muscles tensing involuntarily. The criminals who went by that name had crossed paths with Darryn ad his friends before and not once had he thought he would come out of their encounter alive or in the very least hospitalised. First Mount Carello with the forced-evolution machine, then in the woods between Arasam and Pallet where they had tried to do something to Tuesday… That was when he had…

*Don’t think about it!* Darryn chided himself, trying to maintain an air of calm around his composed peers. *You did it to save Tuesday!*

“Ace and Nate?” Darryn muttered to himself. The names didn’t ring any bells but Tag sure seemed familiar with them… What was his involvement with Team Deception? The thought that Tag Lee was a criminal was one that Darryn had no time to entertain after the way he had acted at Starfall Field – no bad guy could be that selfless. With all of his concerns, Darryn had no room to wriggle out of the helpless situation he was in and so fell into step behind Tag and Jill.

Courtesy of Toogee (click to show)

“Nngh.” Darryn winced as a stinging, probing sensation teased at the edge of his mind. He pressed two fingers to a temple, focusing on the spot and dulling it to a chime that could only be heard by his ears. His eyes peered at the backs of Tag and Jill as they walked, judging whether or not either of them had noticed the disturbance. They continued walking without looking back. Good.

Very, very slowly, Darryn began to open himself to Empathy after he had closed it off when the Electrode began to fall. Deep below the battlefield he figured that there would be so few Pokemon and people around that their Emotions would be too much of a strain compared to the din caused above. He was wrong.

*Woah! So much fear!* Darryn gasped in his head as waves of green and yellow washed towards him from all directions. The golden aura around Tag was barely disturbed although a deep blue of concern flickered continuously around his head. Jill shone with silver determination but their was a streak of navy doubt matching Tag’s in her own Emotaglow. Darryn shrugged. Their hearts were apparently on their sleeves – concern was driving their overwhelming determination to… get their Pokemon back? Stop Team Deception? *But they aren’t the ones trying to call me, are they?*

<I swear, Darryn, if you->

<PAN!?> Darryn yelled back at her with alarm, his head snapping around from side to side finding nothing but empty hallway. Gallade frowned at him with confusion but otherwise didn’t break stride. <Pan, you’re here, too!? Please tell me you’re not stuck down here with the other researchers! We are- wait.>

Darryn stopped as the others stopped, two males approaching them from a room at the end of the hall. Beond them a large spherical device hummed with power. Jill spoke first.

“I’ll take Nate. I’ve fought him before, and beat him, so it won’t be surprising for me to beat him again.”

Darryn hoped her plan was sound and that Tag’s judgement of this nate guy would hold true. If not, and Nate won, who would have to take care of the rest? Tag? Darryn?

*You know what you can do…* Darryn felt sick as he gave himself the reminder.

<Pan – something’s happening here… I’ll call you back.> Darryn sent quickly, stepping up alongside Tag and Jill. The bigger guy, pretty hot, addressed Tag directly and by name which should have taken Darryn a little more by surprise than it did but Tag had already namded their opponents before seeing them, too. These guys were all involved somehow and Darryn was in the middle of it… Yet again… Irritation grew in Darryn and irritation fuelled his confidence.

“You seemed a little too smart to be makin’ enemies out of us.”

“And you seem a little too arrogant to make enemies out of us.” Darryn rolled his eyes as his camera phone came up and snapped away at the faces of the apparent Team Deception operatives. Gallade stepped up protectively and held an arm across Darryn’s chest defensively. The Pokemon’s arm made contact with the Co-Ordinator’s chest and the mind of a Psychic type joined Darryn’s in the Emotive Space in his head.

<Gallade…>
<Sir?>
<Be ready.>
<Sir!>

“These pictures will be with the police any second now,” Darryn bluffed – he had no signal to send the images, “so just stop what you’re doing and drop your Pokeballs.”

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jan 8 2014, 10:54 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

"Me?" Tag pointed at himself, "Smart?" He couldn't help but laugh at the statement. Taggarty Lee had been called many things in his life (including Tiki-man), but he'd never been called smart. He knew how to battle and how to survive, and that was about it. Perhaps to an oaf like Ace, he probably seemed smart in comparison.

Darryn stepped up to take on Ace with the powerful looking Gallade at the ready and a fairly good retort. Darryn's camera phone snapped a quick picture, and it took everything he had inside to not shoot a worried look over at Nate. He steeled his poker face, staring resolutely at Ace, secretly praying that the man was too focused on Darryn's picture-taking to notice Tag's discomfort. Sure, there was no signal down in the caves, but Tag had never used a cell phone...that was not something he'd ever thought about.

As the conversations drew to a close, and it seemed that battle was about to happen, Tag found himself staring at Ace's neck. The main image that still floated in his mind usually consisted of Ace's lifeless, horrifed face, and no body to speak of. For a moment, he wanted to shake the image from his mind, but he wondered if he kept staring at Ace's neck, would it make the man uncomfortable? Was there a meta-game to all of this?

Placing a hand on Darryn's and Jill's shoulders, Tag nodded grimly to the two of them, hopefully as a sign of reassurance.

"Alright guys. I've got your backs. When we're done cleaning up here, drinks are on me."

A confident grin snuck onto his face as he turned his gaze pointedly at Ace. With a slow motion, Tag raised his thumb and drew it across his neck, making sure to keep eye-contact with the opponent.

With that, he and Excadrill stepped back from the center to clear out a battlefield for the four battlers. If things were going poorly, he'd jump in, but for the mean time, he had to figure out which machine was the leveling device. Then, while all of their attentions were focused on the battle, he and Excadrill would destroy it. He couldn't afford to run around causing wanton destruction with the loaned Pokemon; he still wanted to get out alive.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jan 11 2014, 11:46 PM
Post #13

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

After Darryn's retort, Ace took a figurative step back, and everyone else could see that he was pondering something. He had this snarky, yet confused look on his face, so it was clear it was of little importance. "Yo, if I was too arrogant, wouldn't I just not give a fuck who my enemies are?" He shrugged. "It was a good try, though, kid."

Fortunately, the heroes were already lined up appropriately to the villains for who they wanted to fight. Jill stood directly in front of Nate, Darryn in front of Ace, and Tag quickly made himself scarce. Nate was hoping Ace wouldn't notice that, but at the same time, he was starting to learn not to underestimate the guy.

Ace made eye contact with Darryn as he tossed out his first pokeball, signifying the beginning of their duel.

"Hey, I-" Nate began when he finally got to focus on Jill, as they were about to fight. "We fought before, right? In the tournament?"

"I beat you pretty good."

"You beat me okay," Nate laughed. "I wouldn't say 'pretty good,' though. Truth be told, I wasn't tryin' too hard. I wasn't supposed to get past the first round. You got a free win, congrats. How'd your second battle go?"

"I went against Tag."

"Sorry to hear it."

By this time, Ace and Darryn's battle had begun, and Ace noticed the chit chat. "Yo!" He yelled. "The fuck, Nate?"

"Right," Nate nodded. "Let's see if you can hold up when I'm trying."

Nate tossed out his first pokemon, Ursaring, while Jill threw out the only one of her new pokemon with whom she had fought, Onix. Being Rock type, she had the advantage, but the sheer power of Ursaring probably meant it had some fighting moves up its sleeve. She knew he'd try to let her win, but she also knew he couldn't be too obvious about it, so she needed to give it her best, and not make assumptions like that.

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jan 14 2014, 12:56 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Darryn inwardly kicked himself. If it could be avoided, he didn’t really want to battle with Pokemon he wasn’t familiar with and this Ace guy seemed more than competent if the treacle-thick confidence in his Emotaglow was anything to go by. Why did all of these crazy things happen to Darryn!? Could his psychic abilities be acting like a danger-magnet?! Ever since he got the damn itching in his eyes, his life seemed to be one perilous event after another!

Darryn nodded back to Tag and offered Jill a sideways look. The older trainer was incredibly focused and seemingly eager to battle the guy called Nate. It was understandable – they all wanted their precious Pokemon back, after all.

Ace threw out a Pokeball and Gallade flinched, stepping forward and blocking Darryn’s path with a protective bladed arm. Light flashed and a Pokemon emerged with four arms bulging with muscle – a Machamp. Gallade narrowed his eyes and bristled visibly. Darryn quickly reached out a hand to take hold of the Psychic-type’s arm.

<No. Not yet.> Darryn signalled with his mind. <He’s too sure of himself not to be hiding something else – I’ll need you for the trump card.>

“Let’s see how this one does,” Darryn hefted a borrowed Pokeball, “go, Stantler!”

Ace made a lofty, sarky comment but Darryn didn’t have time to listen – recalling just what all of his temporary Pokemon could do had to come first if he was going to have any sort of battleplan.

*Hypnosis, Confuse Ray, Me First, Sand Attack, Zen Headbutt.* Darryn rapidly reminded himself of the few moves he had commited to memory for the deer Pokemon as she materialised proudly in the corridor. *We’re at a type disadvantage, but- there it is!*

With her antlers burning a brilliant red, Darryn’s Stantler let loose her natural ability – Intimidate – which resulted in a temporary crimson haze settling over Ace’s Machamp. Whatever power the Fighting-type had would be reduced slightly but Darryn doubted that would matter all that much against a Normal Pokemon like Stantler.

“Stantler! Confuse Ray, now!” Darryn ordered quickly, running through his other options of Pokemon should Stantler fall too soon. *Minccino, Roselia, Probopass, Kingler… Let’s hope you don’t all have to see the outside of your Pokeballs today…*

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jan 19 2014, 11:36 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Crossing his arms, he kept his eye on the battles, and tried to at least appear like he would spring in at any moment. While he kept his focus on the Pokemon that were appearing on the field, Machamp, Stantler, Ursaring and Onix, he kept an eye on the machinery all around the room. The main problem with his plan was that...without Ace or Nate to indicate which device it was by going for it, Tag had no idea what to do. With any luck, Jill and Darryn would just win, and then Tag could smack the information out of the cocky Ace.

That seemed like a much better plan.

As he turned his attention away from the battle again to give another look around the room for anything that possibly had the label: "THIS IS THE IMPORTANT DEVICE YOU'RE LOOKING FOR, TAG", he noticed yet another person was standing patiently in an entrance. Leaned up against the frame of the door, the newcomer's eyes met Tag's immediately, and the latter felt his blood simultaneously boil and turn to ice all at once.

"Omar."

"Tag. Didn't figure you a heroic type."

The former Dragon trainer skipped the banter entirely. He wasn't on the mission to make light or make friends; he had a job to do, and now there was the biggest possible obstacle in front of him. A man he'd watched stop a series of natural disasters with nothing more than his mind. Part of him dreaded the possibility of confrontation, while the other reveled in the task of facing Omar. But he didn't have any of his own Pokemon this time, and the stakes were high.

In lieu of sniping back a witticism at Omar, as Tag wasn't really the sort of person to snap one-liners in general. His comeback came in the form of a single phrase:

"Horn Drill."

Excadrill started for a second, noting that Tag had ordered a potentially fatal move on a human. After a moment of hesitation, the Subterrene Pokemon ran forward, throwing himself forward and rotating like a drill.

Unphased by the action, Omar stood calmly in the doorway, not bothering to change his posture. As the Excadrill tore forward, poised to tear him apart, a blast of water came rocketing over Omar before angling downwards and slamming full force into the Mole Pokemon from above. Tag watched impassively as Lily, if he recalled correctly, easily knocked the powerful Ground Pokemon aside with an Aqua Jet.

"Slash!"

"Hydro Pump."

The former Dragon Trainer winced as his makeshift ally roared in pain. It came as no surprise to him that Omar's Pokemon knew some incredibly powerful attacks, and he hadn't been expecting Omar to hold back. What he hadn't expected was that his Pokemon would go down so easily. This would've been a difficult match, even with his own team. Could he manage to utilize his tricky technical style with a team of Pokemon that lacked most of the status coverage that he usually employed, or would he have been better off drawing back on his days as a Dragon Trainer, and simply employing brute force? He had to be perfectly ready for this opponent, but it seemed now that his own ambivalance could quickly lead to his downfall. He had to make a choice, and he had to make a strong one.

"Excadrill, return. Dratini, you're up. Dragon Rush!"

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jan 20 2014, 06:08 PM
Post #16

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Nate vs. Jill. Ursaring vs. Onix.

Two devastatingly intimidating pokemon, but the match was a little more than power, here. Jill was fighting alongside a pokemon she barely knew. She was in one fight with Onix before, and that's not enough to develop any kind of relationship. Nate, on the other hand, had been with Ursaring since it was a Teddiursa, back when he first joined Team Deception. On top of that, Nate wanted to lose, and Jill wanted to win. She wondered which would be the stronger force.

He couldn't hold back in any obvious sense, though. Ace fought directly next to him. "Hammer Arm!"

"Dig!" Jill called out, simultaneously. Given the odd situation of the fight, she needed to know how strong Nate was going to hit. She needed to be completely aware of who she was up against, and how to fight him, and stalling the fight seemed to be a good way of going about that. So, before Ursaring was able to maul the rock snake, he crashed through the floor, digging into the earth, and avoiding the hammer arm.

As she brought her right hand up to her face to push the hair out of the way, she felt the air from her nostrils as she exhaled just a little bit harder than usual. Nate didn't appear to be holding back. Hammer Arm was Ursaring's strongest attack against Onix. He could evidently sense her confusion as he gave her a slight shrug. Of course he wasn't going to hold back. Not even a little bit. Maybe he'd find a situation to reasonably throw the fight, but she couldn't rely on that. He'd made that clear.

Onix dug his way towards Ursaring and burst forth from the facility floor. Though the bear took damage, it countered immediately with another Hammer Arm, dealing a significant amount of damage to the snake, but not enough to knock it out. Onix's defense was incredible. Jill could see that Ursaring was winded from two Hammer Arms and was moving notably slower. Onix, on the other hand, looked just a little more agile. His ability, Weak Armor, meant his defenses got lighter each time he got hit, but at the same time, his speed would increase.

So, in essence, Onix's speed would get higher and higher, while Ursaring's would get lower and lower. But his attacks would hit harder, and Onix really had no way of doing significant damage, not to Ursaring at least. But if this was going to be a long battle, she might as well have him do something significant. "Onix, use Stealth Rock."

It quickly shot chunks of rock in the air surrounding Ursaring. The bear pokemon countered with another Hammer Arm, which, due to Onix's lowered defense, was enough to knock him out. Jill noted that he did well, taking that hit, and perhaps if she were more prepared, he could have been more effective. He was also unevolved.

She called out her next pokemon, Hitmontop. She noticed Nate smirk, as he was very familiar with this pokemon, but she didn't take too much heed. Unlike Nate's partner, Jill knew a little bit about strategy and battle. It took Justin a very long time to realize the effectiveness of Fake Out Mach Punch on a Technician Hitmontop. Jill had come up with the plan during their walk through the facilities.

"Hitmontop, Fake Out!"

Nate had predicted it, though. As soon as he saw Hitmontop, he knew to expect that combo, as he'd seen it done a hundred times. Still, he found that this would be a subtle opportunity to throw the match in Jill's favor without being obvious. So, instead of doing the smart thing and switching to his Espeon, Whip, he kept Ursaring in the fight. It was definitely an odd feeling, letting his pokemon take damage, but he also knew they could take it, and were willing to. "Ursaring, use Thrash!"

Its most powerful attack, Thrash, would have done devastating damage if Hitmontop had not startled it by clapping its feet directly in front of the bear's face. "Mach Punch!" Jill called out. Before Nate could even state a command, Hitmontop had punched with such immense speed and accuracy that Ursaring was out.

Nate called it back and sent out Whip, his Psychic type Espeon. It was the correct choice against Hitmontop, so he made it. Whip took some damage as he entered the field, Onix's stealth rocks hitting him as he faced down the Fighting type.

Jill had a correct move here as well. Rather than trying to fight this at a type disadvantage, she called back Hitmontop, and switched to Houndoom. Switching into a Psychic move, to which it was immune, was almost as good as switching into Fire (which would actually boost its power). Nate smiled when Espeon's Psychic attack was completely ineffective against the hell hound. Well, he wasn't going to let Whip just get torn up.

He switched to Pinch, his Kingler, who also took some damage from Stealth Rocks. The switching game was certainly playing to Jill's competitive advantage here, and she very quickly found that she appreciated that move. Nate had expected a Dark type attack, Dark Pulse or Crunch perhaps, something which Pinch could take. What he didn't quite expect was that Houndoom used Nasty Plot, massively increasing its offensive power.

"Oh." Nate sighed. "Pinch, use Bubblebeam!"

"Dark Pulse."

Dark Pulse, with its increased damage due to Nasty Plot, did significant damage to Pinch. Not enough to knock her out, but it hurt. Bubblebeam hurt too, though not nearly as bad. He knew the next Dark Pulse would knock her out, but it was just going to have to happen. It hit, and she was out. Nate sent out his next pokemon, whom he thought stood a chance.

"Da Bomb, go! Use Earthquake!" Da Bomb was Nate's former Numel, yet now it was a Camerupt. His second pokemon ever, Da Bomb was fiercely loyal, following Nate's instructions even if it meant hurting itself.

"Dark Pulse!" Jill called.

Houndoom's Dark Pulse went first, dealing so much damage to the Camerupt, but not knocking it out, not completely. Da Bomb's following Earthquake made the entire facility shake, but it focused its center directly beneath Houndoom. The Ground type attack was able to knock Houndoom out, instantly.

Jill's Dewott was next. With Da Bomb having taken significant damage already from boosted Dark Pulse, and Stealth Rocks, Dewott's Aqua Tail was enough to finish him off.

Nate's next pokemon to be impaled by the Stealth Rocks was his Seviper, whom he had named Rebel. "Rebel, use Poison Tail!"

"Razor Shell!" Jill knew that it would probably take a few hits to bring down Seviper, since Dewott wasn't fully evolved. If Razor Shell was able to reduce Rebel's defense, then she could likely reduce the amount of hits it would take.

What neither of them particularly expected, though, was that Poison Tail landed a critical strike. As Seviper was slightly faster, Dewott was out before it even got to use Razor Shell. Jill called the pokemon back and sent out a pokemon she knew could handle Seviper's poison attacks. Aggron.

Nate had no immediate answer to Aggron. His remaining pokemon were Espeon, Seviper and Weavile. None of these pokemon could switch into Aggron safely, so he'd have to accept another loss. However, Seviper was faster, he knew, so Rebel could get off one attack before being utterly devastated. "Swagger!"

Aggron felt a sharp boost in power, which quite possibly went to his head. Not entirely sure how it happened, it was clear he was confused by it. Nevertheless, he followed through with his command. "Head Smash!" This absolutely ridiculously powerful attack normally caused damage to the attacker as well. Aggron was just so strong, though, that it didn't take recoil. Rebel was out.

Whip the Espeon was next, unable to damage Aggron significantly with Psychic, and immediately knocked out by another Head Smash. Ninja the Weavile, though incredibly agile, simply had no way of dealing with this pokemon. Even though Aggron's swagger caused him to trip up for a second, it didn't matter. Head Smash hit Ninja harder than she'd ever been hit. She was out, and Nate found himself without any pokemon remaining.

"Well." Nate shrugged. "I guess it's up to you, Ace."

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jan 21 2014, 12:49 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

“Stantler, return!” Darryn recalled his fallen doe and narrowed his eyes at the muscle-pumping Machamp that had just delivered the finishing blow. Well, the ‘finishing’ blow was also the ‘starting’ blow so, really, he should have regarded it as the ‘only blow’ but that would suggest that the Machamp had not suffered at all during the fight.

*Confuse Ray did the trick for a while and Stantler’s speed let her hit twice with Zen Headbutt before they managed to counter attack. Sure, her power was less than that thing’s but there’s no way he’s full of energy right now.*

With Jill’s Onix taking up much of the room, Darryn found himself and Ace naturally moving further away from them to let their own combatants do battle. Positioned slightly apart, Darryn could get a sideways view of what was happening with his apparent new ally and things were already swinging in her favour.

*But I cant afford to be complacent now…*

“Hey, kid!” Ace’s patronising, self-assured tone really pissed Darryn off. Who the hell did this guy think he was?! “What’s the big battle plan?”

*I can’t send Minccino or Probopass – they’re at too much of a disadvantage right now…*

“Go, Roselia!” Darryn shouted as he threw the ball, summoning the thorny plant Pokemon into the tech room. The tiny ballerina emerged with a confident spin, throwing her flowers wide in an aggressive stance.

“Ha! A weed for a weed?!” Ace ran a hand through his hair languidly. “Stop wasting my time.”

*My sister is a high-ranking Trainer for the Celdaon City Gym – I know exactly what a Roselia can do and just how weedy they are.* Darryn mentally spat.

“Roselia! Stun Spore, now!” Darryn didn’t skip a beat, his borrowed Pokemon launching into motion almost instantly. With a neat leap and spin, the rose Pokemon poured out a flurry of golden dust that rained upon the Machamp thickly. Ace audibly grunted.

“Machamp, use-“

“Magical Leaf, go!” Darryn interrupted, the speedy plant landing and firing in one smooth motion. Petals burst forth from the win roses on its arms, glittering with a mystical energy as they homed in on their target to slash and cut into its bulging body. The Machamp shielded itself with all fours arms, paralysis binding it to the spot as the rain of foiliage hacked and cut into the exposed flesh of the Fightling-type, but to no avail as the damage built up and knocked the humanoid down.

“Return.” Ace held up a Pokeball.

“How’s that for a weed?” Darryn goaded Ace, sneering while the foe Pokemon was recalled. “Now, what’s your big battle plan?” *Dick.*

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jan 29 2014, 08:45 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

The battles around him ceased to exist for the moment. Tag watched intently as Dratini and Floatzel blasted about the room. Dratini, while using the more powerful Dragon Rush, seemed to be having a difficult time against the faster Floatzel's Ice Fang.

As the two continued to flash around the narrow battlefield, Tag determinedly kept his eyes on the combatants. He felt Omar's eyes searching his out from across the room. But Tag had worked with Omar before, and while he had a healthy respect for the Team Deception Boss, he figured that if he made eye contact it would be all over. Omar's confidence would overrun Tag's battle spirit in an instant, and Tag couldn't afford to give Omar any advantages.

Tag winced as he heard Dratini cry out. He watched the little Dragon Pokemon slam into the ground, pinned under the weight of Floatzel's Ice Fang. The recall beam shot out, recalling the defeated Dragon Pokemon to the ball. Plucking out the Dive Ball from his belt, he threw it towards the field.

"Squirtle!". His remaining choices were Togekiss, Golett, Squirtle, and Pichu. With the little electric mouse virtually a non-combatant, his options were quite slim. Floatzel had taken plenty of damage from Dratini, and the other two possessed weaknesses to Floatzel's main attacks, so he'd have to use Squirtle to stall them out.

As the Tiny Turtle appeared on the field, it immediately flexed its tiny little muscles. However, once its oddly familiar gun show, its attention was immediately off of the battle. Tag frowned, not having noted such distracted behaviour from earlier.

"Squirt!"

The turtle broke stance and immediately ran towards Darryn, an overjoyed look on his features.

As Tag watched the Squirtle dash towards Darryn, he immediately remembered the name of the Pokemon he had summoned to the field.

"Victor!"

"Aqua Jet. Double Hit."

As Victor's back was towards Omar, the Team Deception Operative wasted no time in capitalizing on the match. While Tag feared he would, it still caught him off guard. It wasn't that the match was an honourable one. Honour had no place here, and Tag should have been more prepared.

Before Victor reached Darryn, the Floatzel burst into his side covered in a veil of water. Before the slower Squirtle could even hit the ground, the Floatzel continued his forward momentum, striking the Tiny Turtle Upwards with his tails, then flashing up and slashing downwards with them once again.

Victor slammed heavily into the floor, crying in pain.

Without bothering to explain himself, Tag simply issued the next command:

"Roselia, Magical Leaf!"

While not the most orthodox plan, Tag needed every advantage, and even this quick switch would hopefully throw Omar for a quick loop. After all, Victor was Darryn's Pokemon, and Roselia was a borrowed one.

But his gambit didn't pay off. The Roselia looked at Tag and Darryn confused, giving Team Deception lot yet another opening.

Omar wasted no time in capitalizing.

"Floatzel, pin them down with Swift." He gave a sideways nod to Ace, who, without looking, nodded in turn before issuing his command.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Feb 1 2014, 04:24 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

“Squirt!”

Darryn’s ears pricked up as he heard the familiar cry of one of his Pokemon and, in his excitement, turned away from the Roselia to find his Squirtle mid-battle with the Floatzel that Tag had been battling. The relief that his Pokemon was alive and OK flooded Darryn instantly but was soon followed by a heavy confusion whcih rooted him to the spot. Before he realised what Tag was doing, their battles were instantly transformed with their Trainers’ momentary stumble and Darryn found himself once again on the backfoot.

“Floatzel, pin them down with Swift.”
“Go, use Iron Head, Agrron!”

“Wait, wha-?” Darryn stammered, his head snapping back and forth. His opponent, Ace, had summoned a monstrous bipedal Pokemon covered with metallic horns and plates that immediately lowered its head and began to charge at Roselia and Victor like an out-of-control steam train. At the same time, the Floatzel rained Swift stars towards Roselia and Victor, making them unable to move out of the Iron Armor Pokemon’s path.

“Roselia, use Magical Leaf to keep the Swift at bay!” Darryn didn’t know why Tag had his Squirtle but there was no way he was going to stand back and not work with his own Pokemon. “And Victor, hit that Aggron with your Hydro Pump!”

With a flurry of glittering leaves bursting from the Roselia’s petals to shoot down the Swift rain, Victor jumped between Roselia and the Aggron to withdraw into his shell and let loose his most powerful Water-type attack. The forceful jet rocketed out of his shell in a torrent that struck the Aggron head-on but did nothing to prevent the thing from crashing right intothem.

“Squiiiir!”
“Rooo!”

“Roselia, return!” Darryn recalled the Rose mid-air. There was simply no way she’d be getting up from a hit like that but Victor’s hard shell would be enough to protect him for a little longer. And, if Victor was back and ready to battle, Darryn wouldn’t be picking another Pokemon over him to battle alongside. “Tag, let me battle with Victor – we’re more in-sync than I am with any of these other Pokemon and I know his moves better than anyone!” Tag gave a confirmatory nod and selected another Pokeball. Darryn’s brow furrowed as his Squirtle found his feet, rubbing his head tenderly where that Aggron had hit him so hard.

*Time to take out that Floatzel.*

“Victor, Glitter Spin!” Darryn commanded, reaching back to grab his borrowed Gallade’s arm.

<Gallade, use Teleport to grab Victor then throw him as hard as you can at that Floatzel!>

Darryn’s Squirtle gave a battle cry as he sucked back into his shell and performed an Iron Defense / Rapid Spin combo. Dazzling lights flickered and span off of his shell like a disco ball as he whirled at high speed then leapt into the air to corkscrew straight at Omar’s Floatzel. The weasel braced itself, preparing another attack with narrowed eyes just as the bold form of Gallade flickered in between the two Pokemon, grabbed Victor and disappeared. The Floatzel gave a start, its eyes widening in shock before any sort of realisation could take hold.

“GAL!” A primal roar from behind was the only warning the Floatzel had before the Iron-hard spinning shell of Victor was catapulted directly into its back.

“SQUIRTLE!”

“Yes!” Darryn punched the air, “Excellent, Victor!”

“Omar!” Ace’s voice sounded from the back of the room. Darryn had almost forgotten that the cocky asshole was still there but dismissing him so soon would be a big mistake, especially if he had more Pokemon like that Machamp and Aggron. “Omar, I’m lettin’ loose,” Darryn turned his head to find Ace had drawn free a gaudy medallion worn on a chain around his neck and it was glowing with an eerie light, “you might wanna clear the area. Go, Aggron!”

And with that, Ace’s Aggron began to evolve.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Feb 2 2014, 09:54 PM
Post #20

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Jill and Nate's battle had just ended, fortunately with three of Jill's pokemon still conscious. One of those was an unevolved Nidoran, however, so really she only had two at the ready, and Aggron was hurt (mostly due to his own confusion, but it was still a big hit).

So, while she was initially expecting to jump into combat to help Darryn against Ace, the timing was way off. Her and Nate both backed away from that battle as Ace's Aggron became something different. It was something neither of them had ever seen.

They found themselves with their backs against the nearest wall, looking at this monstrosity in front of them, somehow bending to the command of Ace. Jill tilted her head towards Nate, her former opponent. "The hell is that?"

"I-" Nate didn't really know how to answer, as he was just as shocked as her. "Aggron doesn't evolve."

"Yeah, except I'm looking at some fairly compelling evidence which says it does."

"This is beyond me," Nate said frankly. "Whatever this is, I wasn't involved." Then he remembered a foe he faced once before, one whom he was unable to beat, but simply had to run away from. There was science at play here, high level tech, likely created through experimentation on live pokemon. Something like that could only have been taken out by the most either sadistic or heartless person Nate had ever met.

But Mondo would have meant nothing to Jill, so he kept it to himself. Justin would need to know, and probably Pan and - He had to think for a second to remember Douken's name - Douken. They all knew Mondo, and what he was capable of. And if any one of them had seen this evolved Aggron as he did, they would all agree that the mad Doctor was behind it.

"Do you think it can be beat?" Jill asked.

"Well, that dude's not gonna be able to take it without help." Nate said. "I'm out of pokemon, but you have a few left, yeah?"

Jill couldn't take her eyes of the thing, but she finally sighed. "Yeah." She moved forward, summoning Hitmontop. It was likely still Steel/Rock, which meant Fighting was their best bet at bringing it down. Nidoran would be completely useless, and she couldn't see her weakened and unevolved Aggron being able to do anything to its beefed up counterpart.

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th March 2024 - 09:09 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.