Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Broken Stars, rt117, 7eeveelutions, and Kamaitachi
7eeveelutions
post Dec 28 2013, 03:42 PM
Post #21

Squawk!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 58 773

PANE Team

"You are correct, Tikal. She isn't mine. She's been following me and watching me since I came over here after I heard you singing, and I have no idea what she wants. She might want a battle, or food, or something else, or maybe she's just curious." He cast a quck glance over at the Absol, whose gaze had shifted to Tybalt for some reason.

Scott made a mental note that Tikal's third Pokemon was called a Nidorino, although he doubted he'd remember that for more than a day or two.

"As for what brings me to this part of Furoh...... well, nothing really. I'm just exploring and doing some Ranger patrols. I haven't been on some mountains like this in at least ten years, and that was way back in Sinnoh too."

He paused for a moment. "You've already met Ruby, my Vulpix. It was her idea to start a fight, by the way, not mine. I do have two other Pokemon, a pair of Eevees named Ebony and Scarlet, but I'd rather not bring them out right now. They're very young and probably exhausted from some training earlier."

Scott sat down, pressing his back against a tree. "Now then, what was that you said about getting a referee?"

As he asked Cesc that, he let Ruby back out of her Luxury Ball. The small Vulpix wobbled and fell down on his lap, but at least she was awake. He reached into his bag and pulled out a pair of Oran berries and a Leppa berry to help restore her health and energy in case she was needed again later.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
ninetales.gifumbreon.gifespeon.gifleafeon.gif
{Profile | Current Levels}
{Network Ninjas}
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Dec 30 2013, 05:59 PM
Post #22

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

"Good idea, Tikal. I'm sorry we have to postpone our match." Cesc sighed, eying the Absol once more. It only further alarmed him that it wasn't a companion of the newcomer. "Though, everyone seems intent on watching us today," he looked pointedly at the Absol, Scott, and Ruby "I wish we could've given them a little show."

Cesc watched as Scott let his VUlpix back out, but wasn't quite sure where to direct his attention.

"Well, we'll wait on the match, Scott. Tikal's right; we need to figure out what this Absol wants first. I'm getting a little nervous with her just hanging around like that, you know? Flaming, horrible death and all that when a Disaster Pokemon's nearby.

Not recalling Tybalt or Oberon, he stepped forward. His two Pokemon tensed, moving to join him, but his outstretched hands bade them stay back.

"Hello Absol." He said nervously, approaching the creature. Both of his Pokemon were quite quick; they would intervene if the Absol decided to attack him. Also since Absol ignored Tikal's earlier remarks, he even wondered what chances he had of communicating with the Pokemon. "Is there something we can do for you?"

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Jan 2 2014, 04:58 PM
Post #23

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

The Absol looked at Cesc for a moment, before turning around and trotting at a somewhat fast speed out of the clearing and into the nearby forest, disappearing from sight through some thick bushes.

Scott narrowed his eyes, but remained silent. Perhaps the Absol had just been curious, or perhaps it had been seeking a battle but didn't want to make the opening move, hoping one of them would attack first. Maybe she knew about all the rumors humans spread amongst themselves about Absols appearing before disasters and was simply trying to scare them for fun. He had a feeling it was something else, though.

He stroked the tuft of fur on the back of Ruby's head as she ate her berries and leaned back against the tree as he tried to think of a good reason why an Absol would want anything to do with them. Was she actually trying to warn them of an impending disaster? I think she would have been more vocal if something was going to happen, or at least she would have tried harder......but why else would she be bothering us? I doubt the rumors about an Absol showing up before a disaster are anything more than just rumors anyway......

Then a sudden thought occurred to him.

Maybe she wanted them to follow her somewhere?

But she had just disappeared from their view, and his Pokemon had not yet been trained for any kind of tracking. He doubted any of Tikal's or Cesc's Pokemon were able to follow her either, so he didn't voice his thought just yet. Instead, he merely asked the others, "Well, she left...... what are you going to do now?"

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

rt117
post Jan 4 2014, 05:54 PM
Post #24

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 52 812

PANE Team

Tikal watched as the Absol looked at her new companion, before turning and running off into the undergrowth of the forest, leaving the group of three to wonder what it was the Pokemon had wanted. While the others were a little confused about the motives of the Dark type, Tikal couldn't help but think that the Absol had wanted them to follow. Perhaps the haste it had taken off in was just a matter of how grievous the situation was that it wanted to lead them to. Of course, she still couldn't be fully sure, but it wouldn't hurt to follow it for curiousity's sake.

With that, the girl looked down at her trio of Pokemon, giving them a nod and looking back at their temporary resting grounds. The three set off to work, Charmeleon grabbing the dishes and stacking them together, Jigglypuff cleaning off the blanket that served to be their eating space, and Nidorino rolling the mat up with his horn. The speed in which the three cleaned up showed the practice that had gone through the manuever, their trainer soon joining them as she stacked the different belongings into a fairly large knapsack, tossing it over her shoulder. Belongings now cleaned up, she pulled out two Pokeballs, recalling the Charmeleon and Jigglypuff, leaving her Nidorino free of its confines.

"I think we should follow it. I'm certain it came here for something more than just listening in." Tikal replied, looking at the pair that she had grouped up with. "Nidorino's hearing should help us catch up to the Absol, so let's not keep it waiting." With that, she flashed them a small smile, before heading into the bush, her Poison Pokemon in tow.

--------------------

Click above to go to the Party!
PANE RP Character profile: Tikal Faylen: @ lv. 18 : @ lv. 17 : @ lv. 17 : @ lv. 18
Uprising RP Character profile: Sera Taisa: @ lv. 20 : @ lv. 18 : @ lv. 18
PANE Character Progress- - - - - - - - - - - Tikal Faylen - Furoh Wiki
Uprising Character Progress- - - - - - - - - - - Sera Taisa - Uprising Wiki
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jan 8 2014, 11:02 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Cesc's question had been met with a poignant look before the Absol made an abrupt exit. If that didn't feel like communication, then Cesc didn't know what did.

"So much for our battle." Cesc shrugged. "Well, Scott. It's usually best to do what the lady says, right?"

Between Nidorino's hearing, and perhaps Oberon's sense of smell, the two would be able to track after the Absol.

"Tybalt, return" The Zangoose disappeared into his Pokeball. As he moved over to Scott and Ruby, he patted the boy on the shoulder in a friendly manner, urging him to stand up and follow.

"What's the worst that could happen. Flaming-Disaster-Catastrophe-of-Doom? That's like a daily occurence for us adventuring types, am I right?" He laughed heartily as he and Oberon broke into a trot after Tikal.

"Hey, Tikal. Your Pokemon are very well trained. Maybe after our battle, you'd share some of your training techniques with me? I've got a rather unruly Pokemon that I can't seem to get to listen to me half of the time."

His hand unconsciously brushed over the Pokeball for Bardolph, his Scyther. Since the incident in Petropolis, it felt like he'd started over at square one again with the stubborn bug. He'd gotten to the point where Bardolph would listen to his commands, but now it seemed like all of that training had been lost.

"You know" he chatted animatedly "I only moved to Arasam a little while ago. I don't know this area that well at all. Scott, you're a ranger-type. What can you tell us about this area?"

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Jan 10 2014, 03:03 PM
Post #26

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

So a Nidorino has good hearing...... another nice thing to try and remember. Maybe I should get one. I should definitely be on the lookout for a good bird too...... Staraptor seems to be the general bird for a Ranger, maybe there's one around here I can use...... or maybe I should keep my parent's Braviary with me.

Scott's thoughts were interrupted by Cesc's question. "Eh? Well, I honestly can't tell you much...... this is my first time in this area, and my first time in mountains in quite a few years. I came up here to try and learn the area myself. The people at Arasam's Ranger Station didn't even know I was coming when I checked in with them early this morning."

He quickly mulled over what he had learned in the basic Ranger courses. "Well, I can tell you a bit about what the Pokemon in this kind of region is like...... the training said that mountain Pokemon tended to be a bit less aggressive, less territorial, and more likely to just try and avoid you than Pokemon living in other areas like forests, and they also tend to be more agile and with a better sense of balance because of their need to handle rough terrain on a daily basis. The rough, open terrain also means that they have more of an ability to see any threats as they approach, so their sense of sight tends to be quite good, but their sense of hearing is rather lacking compared to a forest Pokemon because they rely on their sight so much. Most of the Pokemon in these areas are either Rock, Ground, or Flying types...... and I think someone mentioned somewhere that there were more dragons in mountains too. And there are more Ice types as well on the really tall mountains."

He briefly thought back to the Glaceon he had seen. He almost wished he had made an attempt to catch it, since he doubted he'd see one ever again.

Scott paused, thinking. "I think that's about it. There are exceptions, obviously, such as Rhyhorn's terrible sense of sight. I sure hope we don't run into a dragon......"

He stared off in the direction the Absol had gone before starting to follow Tikal and Cesc while carrying Ruby in his arms.

"Oh, by the way...... if either of you happen to see a Staraptor, or a Staravia, please do tell me. Oh, and if you see a Glaceon, tell me about that too, because I saw one earlier and I think ignoring it was a bad idea since they're so rare."

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jan 31 2014, 12:57 PM
Post #27

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

"Huh. Sounds like the Rangers aren't that organized." Cesc shrugged as he jogged alongside Scott and Tikal. Or, he's just someone underfoot in their group. He recalled, back in his teenage days back home, running around with his gang of friends. While they were all rapscallions, they made sure that each member felt like family. Each kid was listened to, and was allowed to give input to group decisions...maybe professional organizations were much colder than that. It didn't quite sit right with him.

Cesc continued to listen intently as Scott listed off the qualities of Pokemon who lived on wooded mountainsides. It seemed like useful information, and from the qualities he listed. He liked agile Pokemon with a good sense of balance. He noted that his team of Chimchar, Sneasel, Scyther, and Zangoose definitely represented this.

Perhaps he'd find a Pokemon he liked on the way? What better way to come up with a new appeal and new combinations? He'd have a new partner, and more possibilities would spring into the open.

"Dragon?" An eyebrow raised at the thought. He had yet to see a Dragon in any of the appeal footage he'd come across. Rare and powerful creatures that were inherently majestic? Mythical beasts that just reeked coolness?

Cesc needed to catch and train a dragon.

"Well, I hope we do." The tanned man grinned cheekily at Scott. "And if we come across one...dibs! Any Glaceon, Staraptor, any of the rest? All yours."

ooc (click to show)

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Jan 31 2014, 02:39 PM
Post #28

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

OOC- Cave time soon. Maybe. If we don't get sidetracked somewhere. I don't really have much of a plan for when that happens anymore.

Scott sighed. "Then again, just about any Glaceon or Staraptor out there would smash my team if I tried to fight it, so no real hurry...... and don't base all the Rangers off of me, I'm not too terribly organized nor am I real good at paying attention to boring classes. Although, the whole Ranger network here isn't nearly as good as it is in places like Almia, Oblivia, or the Sevii Islands. Man, I've heard those island Rangers even get their own boats and sometimes even helicopters! That would be so much fun. I think that each of the seven Sevii Islands has at least one helicopter, yet here in Furoh I don't think we have a single one. It's kind of sad how little funding we get."

But wait...... wasn't there something in the news a few days ago about some five million dollars given to the Rangers? Where did all that money go? Scott pushed the thought away, unwilling to want to think about things like that at a time like this.

Up ahead, the Absol was visible watching them between two giant oak trees. As she watched the three humans and their Pokemon approach her, she turned around and darted away again, heading down the mountain.

"Looks like she really does want us to follow her. Maybe one of her babies is stuck somewhere and she wants us to help?"

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Feb 4 2014, 11:48 AM
Post #29

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

ooc (click to show)

Still trotting dutifully alongside Scott after the Absol, Cesc turned to check on Tikal to see if she was keeping up. He did, vaguely, recognize her from somewhere; he'd probably seen her face on the big screens at the Grand Invitational...which was something he didn't want to think about.

Though, of course, casually chasing after an Absol, the DISASTER Pokemon, would probably lead to yet another perilous situation. No wonder Branwys had...

Nope. Not something he wanted to think about.

"Glaceon or Staraptor would probably smash through my team too. Admittedly, I'm not that great of a battler." Cesc laughed heartily as they continued to pursue the Absol. "I'm sure if I'd taken on our Absol friend, she would've thrashed me quite easily."

Scott went on to defend the Rangers, which was only natural. However, for such a well-funded organization in the world, this branch seemed particularly sloppy. It was either that, or they didn't care at all for Scott, which was a much sadder thought. An aspiring young talent, brimming with energy, swept under the rug because they had bigger things to do.

Hopefully that wasn't the case.

"Oh, look, I bet that's a ranger outpost." Cesc piped up as the Absol appeared to lead them into a small clearing. A singular wooden building stood at the edge of the clearing. Normally, the sight would've been quite welcoming, especially the trio wandering around the mountainside after an Absol. Yet, the Absol was leading them directly towards it, which made Cesc instantly think that fiery doom awaited them.

As they grew closer, an increasing sense of dread began to take over him. The last time he'd gone to a little cabin out in the woods...

He didn't want to think about that either.

The door appeared to have been kicked in, and Cesc boldly strode past the Absol, who had stopped and waited patiently at the door.

"Thanks, pretty lady." He smiled down at her uneasily as he moved past into the cabin. The sight that met him was pretty much exactly what he'd imagined upon seeing the broken door.

A window had been smashed in, Cesc could tell simply because the broken glass was strewn about on the inside. He'd done his fair share of break-ins in his youth, and the scene was not altogether an unfamiliar one.

Papers were strewn every which way, and much of the furniture had been overturned. Either the robbers weren't very professional, were in a hurry...or...there'd been a struggle.

Attempting to scan the room in the style of one of his favourite literary heroes, he cast an interrogating gaze, slowly taking in the panoramic of the room. He noted a singe on the couch, and a few chairs sliced cleanly. He assumed that a fire type Pokemon and a Pokemon with blade-like appendages had been used in a fight. But there were signs of sogginess, indicating water or ice pokemon, and a small pile of black goo, which perhaps meant a Poison type was involved. He moved over to a couch by the fireplace, peeking over the furniture...

"Scott, find a radio. Call your ranger friends for some emergency evac." Cesc immediately hopped over the couch, crouching next to one of the prone bodies on the floor. Checking for pulse and for injuries, it appeared that the man lying on the floor was beaten quite badly. The blood on his face and on his clothes had dried up a little, but his wounds needed to be treated. Moving around quickly, Cesc spotted a first-aid station, from which he grabbed everything from it and began applying basic first aid to the man. The body next to the man was that of a Pawniard, who appeared to be burned all over, and lay on the ground in a crumpled heap next to the trainer.

"Tikal, guard the door! Keep an eye out for anyone headed this way!"
Reason for edit: Forgot to include the OOC

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Feb 4 2014, 02:00 PM
Post #30

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

OOC (click to show)

Scott quickly searched through a few cabinets in the mall kitchen within the ranger station. "The radio should be over here somewhere, but it isn't. Whoever did this probably stole it, knowing that they could use it to listen in on any other activity by the other Rangers. Unfortunately, I don't currently have a radio...... it...... well...... let's not bring up what happened."

Currently his radio happened to be somewhere at the bottom of a river near Baccate Town, having been stolen from him by a thieving little Purrloin and dropped in the water. He'd chased the little cat around for nearly five hours before his radio was drowned. That had been nearly two weeks ago, but it hadn't been replaced yet, mostly because he hadn't been in any Ranger Stations for the mot part.

Scott sighed. "Luckily, though, we do have backup strategies for when our radios aren't working......"

He pulled out his cell phone and scrolled through the phone numbers contained within before making a few calls, first to Ranger Command to try report the situation and get another phone number, which he used to call the closest hospital with an emergency helicopter. Luckily, due to the dangerous terrain of the mountains, that hospital happened to be in Arasam.

"It'll be at least 45 minutes or so until they can get a helicopter out here to pick him up," Scott reported to Cesc, in a loud enough voice that Tikal could hear him from outside. "So we have to stay here until then. Meanwhile, lets look and see what else may be missing. Whoever took the time to rob the place and take the radio must have been after something specific."

He checked the kitchen area first, where most of the general and emergency supplies were kept. "All the flashlights and batteries are gone...... along with most of the first-aid supplies. And it looks like all the pepper spray is gone too. But they left the multitools and signal flares, and the matches...... and they didn't touch any of the food in the refrigerator."

Scott scratched his head in confusion and looked around before Ruby came to him with a piece of paper. The paper looked like it had been ripped out of a journal, and the bottom third of the paper was missing. "What's this, Ruby?"

He picked up the paper and read through the writings on it. "Hey, Cesc, I think I've found something...... this paper mentions increased poaching activity in the region and lists some details on the poachers. I'd bet they were the ones who robbed the place...... wait...... it mentions that the location of the elemental stone cave and the journal detailing it must be kept away from the poachers at all costs. I didn't know there was a cave like that around here...... and I don't see a journal anywhere."

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Feb 4 2014, 04:17 PM
Post #31

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Cesc worked fairly quickly, despite a few fumbles here and there. He worked to disinfect the cuts and patch them up with bandages, but his first aid was quite limited. He wasn't sure what else he could do. Finding a pokeball that hopefully belonged to the Pawniard nearby, Cesc activated the recall beam so that the Pokemon could at least rest within, before clipping it back to the Ranger's belt. It felt odd, handling someone else's Pokemon with the person right in front of him...but it was a necessity.

"Makes sense." Cesc stood, wiping his brow as he looked around the room. He double checked the list that Scott made, so the deduction was simple.

"Well then, if he's still here, then it means they got the journal; otherwise they wouldn't have knocked him out, or they would still be here looking for it." He looked pityingly at the man on the ground, too worried that moving him would do nothing more but open up some of the patched wounds.

"45 minutes, mierda", Cesc sighed. If it took them 45 minutes, the poachers would most likely already have arrived at the cave, considering it looked like tha man had been out for awhile. Cesc wasn't the most intelligent kid on the block, but he'd ready enough to have a semi-decent grasp on deduction.

"So here's the rub: We stay here, make sure this man is evacuated safely. If it takes that long, though, our poacher friends will most likely get away, unless they're held up at this 'elemental stone cave'."

He looked over at the Absol, pondering for a moment if the Pokemon had come from aforementioned cave. He whipped out his "Co-Ordinator In You" book, flipping to the handy section on which Pokemon evolved with Elemental Stones, and where said stones were often found. Absol, as he fingered down the list, was not on that list. It didn't make sense to him that the Disaster Pokemon had come from the cave.

Cesc never liked having leadership thrust on him, especially not in situations like these. He gathered up the remaining first aid supplies, neatly bundling them one of the satchels nearby and slinging it over his shoulder. He wasn't too worried about stealing, especially if the supplies came in handy later.

"Scott, Tikal." He looked to them, speaking loud enough so both could hear: "What should we do now?"

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Feb 4 2014, 10:07 PM
Post #32

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

"Umm...... I'm not quite sure," Scott said, looking around and rummaging through the papers scattered all over the floor and furniture. "It doesn't look like there's a map anywhere, so finding this cave will be quite difficult, especially considering no one else has found it before now. I don't really have the slightest clue where to look...... it could even be on the far side of the mountain, for all we know."

He returned Ruby to her Luxury Ball, seeing as she was starting to poke at the fainted Pawniard that belonged to the unconscious Ranger, and quickly looked outside. "That Absol is still here...... I wonder if there is something else she wants? I hope she isn't hoping for some kind of reward for bringing us here."

For now, he ignored the Absol and searched through the rest of the building. In addition to the kitchen and the central area where the Ranger and his Pawniard currently were, there were two small bedrooms for whomever lived at the station (one which wasn't currently used, but still seemed to have been torn up anyway), a small bathroom bathroom between the bedrooms, and a third room which was torn up so badly Scott couldn't really tell what it was. It seemed to have been some kind of office, but none of the furniture inside was in a single piece anymore. A laptop, or at least the remains of a laptop, sat on the floor in a corner of the room and the two halves of a desk were near the door. There was even more paper scattered around, along with several small photos.

As he picked up some of the photos, he noticed a tuft of gray hair sitting on the floor. "That looks like Mightyena hair...... great...... it must have been cut off by the Pawniard during the fight." He placed the hair on what was left of a chair, knowing it might be useful for tracking the poachers by scent of Cesc or Tikal had a Pokemon capable of doing so.

The pictures were all of various Pokemon, and there were at least four dozen of them. Some of them appeared to be inside a cave with the photo taken from outside the cave, others were in a forest, and still others were on rocky cliffs. Among the Pokemon shown were a Gabite, a Rhydon, a Lucario, a female Ninetales, the male Glaceon he'd seen before...... and the female Absol that had led them here. There were multiple pictures in multiple different locations of each Pokemon. In addition, the Ninetales was shown in two photos with two little Vulpixs and the Absol had a pair of much smaller Absols and a Gible with it in another photo. Many of the photos had very poor lighting or other obvious flaws, as if taken in a hurry by someone who didn't know much about cameras.

There were also a few photos of some other, more common Pokemon in picturesque environments. These photos didn't really fit in with all the others.

He had a feeling the pictures were important, but he wasn't quite sure why. "What are all of these for......? I didn't think Arasam had any Rangers who did photography, so he must have taken these for a reason...... but...... why......?"

At the bottom of the pile of photos, he found one that especially stuck out. It appeared to have been taken inside a dark cave, as all the edges of the photo were pitch-black. The center of the photo contained a flashlight shining on about a dozen stones, each with different colors. Scott recognized two of the stones as Fire Stones. Behind the stones was the cave wall and another photo, which was of a much larger crystalline rock that almost looked like it was made of ice. "Huh. So that much be the cave...... I wonder what that big crystal rock is."

Scott took a brief look at the papers on the floor but didn't see anything of interest, as they seemed to be mostly related to running the Ranger Station, so he picked up as many of the photos as he could carry along with the tuft of gray fur and carried them out of the room to a table in the central area of the station, near where Cesc and the injured Ranger were. "You might want to look at these...... they're kinda interesting. I get the feeling they're important somehow. There's one that seems to be the inside of that elemental stone cave too," He said, pointing at the picture of all the stones. "And I found a little bit of fur too. Do you have any Pokemon that can track something by scent?"

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Feb 11 2014, 12:54 AM
Post #33

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Cesc watched Scott move around the wrecked place curiously. Considering everything that had gone on recently in his life, he took a moment to consider the fact that the young Ranger wasn't necessarily trustworthy. He didn't like the thought, of course, but considering the people he'd met in the past few months, he wasn't even entirely sure.

As if on cue, the Scott in question returned to the room with some photographs, which he wasted no time spreading on the desk for Cesc to examine. Cesc peered at them closely, noting that the pictures weren't exactly set up; they seemed more like snapshots. It seemed that the Ranger had been researching or documenting something, hence the photographs. It would also explain that lack of corresponding notes.

A camera seemed like a brilliant thing to carry around. He'd have to consider that on his next excursion.

With a waterproof baggie, Cesc added with a surly mental roll of his eyes. After all, his primary mode of transportation seemed deadset on dumping him in rather unsavory places; bodies of water not excluded.

Continuing to mull, Cesc gently pushed the photos back towards Scott while he plastered his pensive face back on. If everything else was an evolution stone, it stood to sense that the big crystal rock was also one. Perhaps it was one that hadn't been broken down into smaller, more portable pieces yet. It would stand to sense that in its current size, it would most likely yield some sort of fortune.

As for the Pokemon, he noted no real correlation between any of them. Gabite was a Dragon Pokemon that evolved by level, Rhydon needed a special item, Lucario evolved from Riolu once sufficiently happy, Ninetales was a Vulpix that ate a Fire Stone, and Absol didn't evolve. He also had no idea how a Glaceon came from Eevee. Maybe there was an ice stone? He mentally lined them up by type, and again, there seemed to be little correlation.

"Well, the question still remains, should we stay or should we go?" Cesc folded his arms across his chest, indicating the man on the floor with a nod. "I say we go, but I don't want to leave this man here unconscious in a compromised location with no protection."

He looked at the tuft of fur in Scott's hand, dropping a pair of Pokeballs to the floor, summoning his Sneasel and Zangoose once more.

"Oberon and Tybalt are both hunters. I know they rely more on their sight and hearing, but I imagine their senses of smell are also pretty good too."

They both looked up at Cesc, then over at the tuft of fur in Scott's hands. Oberon sniffed it disdainfully, then shook his head, crossing his claws across his arms in a move that almost completely mimicked Cesc's action earlier. His Zangoose, however, sniffed the tuft of fur, and looked out the door. He bolted out the door, but stopped just outside the entrance, looking confused as he sniffed at the air. Either the smell had simply wafted off, or the Mightyena had been recalled to its Pokeball.

"Maybe your Vulpix, being somewhat canine, would have a better sense of smell?"

ooc (click to show)

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Feb 11 2014, 09:48 PM
Post #34

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

OOC (click to show)

"Well, unfortunately...... no. Her sense of smell is rather questionable. I don't know if its just her or all of her species, but Ruby doesn't do real well when trying to track something based solely off of smell. She's always relied more on her sight and hearing. I've been meaning to get around to giving one of my Eevees some practice with tracking scents, but I haven't had the time to do that quite yet. I was kinda planning on waiting till he evolved anyway...... but I suppose it is worth a try."

He released his small male Eevee, Ebony, onto the overturned sofa. The poor little fox-like creature seemed horrified at the condition of the room, staring around with his brown eyes open wide.

"Hey, I need you to do something for me. Can you show me where the owner of this fur went?" Scott asked Ebony, showing him the piece of fur. Ebony sniffed at it for a moment before jumping down from the sofa onto the floor, where he continued to sniff around for a few moments before looking back up at Scott in confusion.

"Okay, well, try lets try outside then......" He led Ebony outside, but the Eevee didn't even make it as far as Tybalt did before losing the scent. Irritated, he tried to growl menacingly at the Absol nearby, but only succeeded in sounding cute.

Scott sighed and recalled his Eevee. "I've only tried this twice with him before, and both of those times it was in an area where there weren't many other conflicting scents...... he's probably confused by everyone's scents, seeing as in addition to us and our Pokemon, there's the local rangers, local citizens, and the robbers who have all probably visited recently, and any wild Pokemon that have passed by too...... its just too much for him at his age. He only turned six months old last week."

He paused for a moment and scratched his head before deciding. "We should probably still try and follow those guys. But one of us will have to stay behind until the helicopter arrives......"

Scott looked at Tikal for a moment, wondering whether she or Cesc had stronger Pokemon, before something clicked in his mind. "Wait, if we think the robbers are headed to that cave, and this Absol has been photographed inside that cave...... then wouldn't that mean she can lead us there? She might live there or somewhere nearby." He gazed at the Absol, who was gazing out into the nearby woods.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Feb 21 2014, 03:25 PM
Post #35

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

A small smile popped onto Cesc's handsome features as the little Eevee appeared in the room. Ebony, who if Cesc was any judge, was probably being prepped to evolve into an Umbreon. He had looked through the so called "Eeveelutions" before, and had considered catching an Eevee for contest training. While heavily leaning towards Vaporeon or Espeon, he wasn't sure he wanted to continue to add to his team immediately; he had his hands full enough with the team he had now.

While Cesc mulled the thoughts over in his head, Ebony had accomplished precisely what Tybalt had, and now they were back at square one. His momentary reprieve of planning out his career future snapped back to the grim reality that there was a man potentially dying on the floor near by him, and a group of poachers was about to defile an area of wonder and beauty.

Well, perhaps it wasn't that dramatic, but it certainly felt that way.

He flipped out his P*DA and tapped out a quick e-mail to Branwys.

QUOTE(Branwys)
So you'll never guess what happened. Well, scratch that, you probably already figured that I'm in trouble again! I was out around Mt. Carello, ran into a rag-tag group of trainers, there's some bad-guy presence, and once again I'm off to play the dashing hero.

The adventure never ends, it seems.

Your friend,
Cesc.

He looked sadly for a moment at the last line and his 'signature'. It just didn't feel quite right, considering what they'd shared.

"Well, then." Cesc perked up, trotting over with Tybalt in tow over to the Absol. He still felt a bit wary in its presence, despite her rather regal posture. Nothing about her screamed danger, but the stigma of her presence continued to worry the superstitious coordinator.

"Hey pretty lady. Can you show us to the cave with all the stones? We're gonna try and stop those poachers, because we're goddamn heroes."

He looked her square in the eye, trying to stave off the worry that the second they followed her into the field, a meteor would crash down on their heads and flatten them into paste.

"Tikal, we're gonna make our way to the cave somehow. You stay here with the ranger man, and I'll have Tybalt mark the trees so you can follow us with reinforcements. At the very least, we're gonna try and stall them until help arrives, but don't be too surprised if we've mopped everything up by the time you get there!"

He grinned roguishly, and looked to the Absol once more. Hopefully his show of bravado would at least keep their spirits up.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Feb 22 2014, 04:27 PM
Post #36

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

Heroes? I don't know about that......, Scott thought to himself. He let the word sink in for a moment and decided he didn't really care for it much, but he didn't say anything to Cesc about it.

Instead, he looked at the Absol, who looked at him, then back at Cesc, before turning and dashing off.

"Well, it looks like she knows the way. Lets go then," he said to Cesc.

Maybe I should have notified Command about this cave...... but they probably couldn't help much. And I'm already afraid that someone up above might be a little corrupt. How did the poachers learn about that journal anyway?

He pushed the thought away and ran after Cesc and the Absol, leaving Tikal behind. He'd half expected the wild Dark-type to lead them up the mountain towards the top, but instead she led them farther down, into a several square mile section of dense oak forest. The trees in this area were quite wide but not especially tall, and their leaves were so thick that the ground beneath them was almost dark, with just enough light making its way through for someone to be able to see. The area had obviously never been touched by human development, but at the same time there were no signs of poachers coming through either.

But then suddenly the Absol stopped, and darted sideways into a bush.

"Wait, what? What is she...... oh," Scott started to say, before realizing that the Absol was hiding. Of course, it had been so sudden that he and Cesc couldn't hide themselves before a middle-aged woman stepped out from behind a tree in front of them and saw them. She was as surprised to see them as they were to see her...... and not in a good way.

"Another Ranger?!?! And someone else too...... well, I'll stop your snooping right here. We can't allow you to interfere with our operation. The boss will be happy to get some extra Pokemon too!"

The woman reached towards her belt, and Scott noticed that she was carrying quite a few items...... a machete, pepper spray, and a handgun. But she reached for a set of Pokeballs, sending out four different Pokemon- a Zorua, a Murkrow, an Electrike, and last but not least a Houndoom.

Scott stiffened. This was bad...... but at least Cesc was there to help. He had a feeling that his poacher woman would concentrate on him at first, just because he was a Ranger...... so hopefully Cesc would be able to get the upper hand unnoticed.

He let Ruby out of her Luxury Ball, and after a moment of hesitating let out both Ebony and Scarlet as well. "Well, I guess this means one fewer poacher to deal with at the cave......"

OOC (click to show)

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Feb 26 2014, 05:06 PM
Post #37

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Jogging after the Disaster Pokemon, Cesc felt the feeling of dread rising in his gut once more. He had used the word heroes, but he was anything but that. A part of him hoped that Scott would prove to be an incredible trainer with an incredible display of Pokemon. Ruby had seemed pretty strong...maybe? He hadn't gotten to see a full display of her abilities and she was probably still recovering from the earlier match.

And sure enough, while Cesc was lost in thought, he failed to see the Absol dart to the side into a bush. As he heard Scott's protestations, he stopped to see what was up, only to notice a surprised looking woman stepping out into their path. It didn't seem like a deliberate sort of step, so it appeared that she'd been caught off guard.

She boldly announced that she would basically be taking Scott's and Cesc's Pokemon, as well as announcing that there definitely was some sort of operation underway. That alone gave Cesc the confidence that they were facing a villain, and not a very good one at that.

"Someone else?" Cesc looked a little miffed. He certainly wasn't the second fiddle in this situation, and he was going to prove it right off the bat. The woman summoned four Pokemon, so Cesc wasted no time summoning one more to join Tybalt in the field.

"Oberon!"

The Sneasel reappeared once more, squaring off with his partner against the four in front of them. Ideally, if Cesc took two and Scott took two, it would make the most sense. But the co-ordinator still felt slighted at being referred to as simply 'someone else'.

"Tybalt! Cuchillada Houndoom!. Oberon! Puńo Hielo Murkrow!"

Cesc naturally lapsed back into his usual masked play. Unless the mystery villainess was fluent in Spanish, she'd hesitate at least for the first round.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Feb 26 2014, 08:29 PM
Post #38

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

Scott looked over at Cesc in confusion. "...... What?" His two Eevees merely looked at each other and at their foes, who also seemed confused at Cesc's sudden switch to an entirely unfamiliar language. As far as their young minds knew, he'd switched to some ancient language whose words had magical properties, and they briefly stared at him as if they were expecting him to suddenly grow wings and take flight.

Ruby did what she did best, though, and entirely ignored Cesc, focusing only on her objective of winning. Noticing a weird look on the female poachers face as if her train of thought had suddenly derailed, she made the first move of the fight.

Normally she chose the strongest-looking opponent and went after it first, but seeing as the strongest of the poacher's four Pokemon was a Houndoom who could easily resist all of her attacks, she instead picked the Zorua to pick on first as she was unfamiliar with it. Ruby's attack consisted of a quick run to the left (Cesc's team is to the right of Scott's) followed by five Embers launched in a shotgun-like spread to try and prevent the Zorua from dodging.

Scott let his Vulpix do her own thing and took charge of managing his two Eevees. Seeing as this wasn't a proper battle, he had no problem with playing unfairly and going for the poacher and not her Pokemon. Besides, even if they won, nothing was currently stopping her from trying to shoot them or run away to warn her allies. "Scarlet, wait for their attack and just dodge it, don't try any counters. Ebony, come back here for a moment."

As his male Eevee came back towards him, the poacher snapped out of her momentary confusion about Cesc's sudden language switch and entered a totally separate stage of confusion when she realized that Cesc's Pokemon looked far stronger than Scott's did, leaving her with no idea who to concentrate on. This was enough to prevent her from making any attacks of her own, although she did order her Houndoom to cancel out Ruby's Embers with its Flash Fire ability.

Watching the Houndoom step in front of the fireballs, Scott clicked his tongue before bending down to whisper in Ebony's ear so that his foes could not hear him. "I want you to sneak around the side of the battle and use Covet to steal that poacher's gun. Then bring it back to me, or if you can't then just ditch it somewhere and hide, and we'll find it later."

The little Eevee nodded and backed up a few more steps before darting off into the nearby trees.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Feb 28 2014, 04:37 PM
Post #39

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Four on Five just felt really odd. cesc had summoned two Pokemon just to counter the woman's four, but it almost felt like a melee. It seemed really difficult to co-ordinate just his two Pokemon amidst all of the craziness. In his periphery, he noticed something speeding off to one side from Scott's end of the field.

Cesc wondered for a moment if he should've had Oberon use Icy Wind to throw in some cover so that the departure was stealthier, but it seemed a bit too late now. He'd have to draw their attention in the way he was most accustomed: PURE PIZAZZ.

The woman commanded her Houndoom to attack Oberon, as expected. She seemed to have figured out quite quickly that Cesc had the strong pokemon of the two, but she was still a little behind when it came to Cesc's masked play. She rallied quickly, switching up the matchups so that Houndoom was squaring off against Ruby, the Vulpix, while her Zorua swapped over to tangle with the remaining Eevee. In the mean time, Murkrow assailed Tybalt, pecking wildly with its sharp beak, while the Electrike let off a Thunder Wave in an attempt to slow down Cesc's speedy Sneasel.

"Oberon! Equipo Doble!

Attempting to stave off the encroaching Thunder Wave, the sneasel split into several copies of himself. The thunder impacted the first clone, but instead of just dissipating it in the way that Cesc had anticipated, it travelled along the chain of clones until Oberon wound up receiving the attack in full. Twitching as the paralysis overtook him, Oberon took a knee, glaring angrily at the little electric Dog.

Meanwhile, the Houndoom couldn't go unchallenged, as it neatly absorbed Ruby's Ember. Cesc recalled that absorbing abilities remained, but for the life of him, he couldn't remember all of their names, or which elements they absorbed. This one was obviously fire, so at least he could lay on the offensive with Tybalt.

"Garra Brutal!"

Batting the offending Murkrow aside, Tybalt charged towards the demonic dog, his claws beginning to glow with an intense strength. For a moment, it almost looked as if the claws themselves were extending, but really the energy had extended from beyond the edges themselves. The heavy Crush Claw attack slammed down hard on the Houndoom, who found itself flattened to the ground.

So much for pizazz. He wanted to retain the poacher's focus, and he had wanted to do it stylishly...but he remembered the last time he'd try to get fancy in a situation that potentially spelled his doom.

Glancing sidelong at Scott, he was interested to see if Scott was, in fact, just a newbie junior ranger, or was hiding a layer of expertise that he just wasn't showing.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Feb 28 2014, 08:47 PM
Post #40

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

As she was trained to be able to battle on her own, Scott let Ruby simply do her thing, although he kept a close eye on her in case the opposing Houndoom decided to target her. There was nothing she could do against a foe who would simply absorb her Ember attacks. Fortunately, the big dog was preoccupied with defending itself from Cesc's Zangoose.

Scarlet could not battle on her own, so she was Scott's priority. He quickly looked at all the opposing Pokemon. Zorua was matced with Ruby, Oberon was matched with the Electrike and paralyzed, and Tybalt was trying to keep the attention of the Houndoom while trying to avoid the Murkrow at the same time.

"You have no experience fighting birds and you can't match a Houndoom...... Scarlet, assist Oberon with a Sand Attack followed by Helping Hand. And stay behind him."

Scarlet darted to Oberon's side and kicked at the ground with one of her front legs, sending a spread of dirt flying at the poacher's Electrike, which had been positioned on a tree stump by the poacher. The lightning wolf simply closed its eyes and looked away to avoid getting blinded, but that was still enough to create a brief pause in the battle. During this pause Scarlet took up position just behind Oberon and used Helping Hand to power him up, which merely required that she touch him with her paw to transfer over a small amount of energy for him to use in his next attack.

As the Electrike hesitated and waited for its next command, it became clear that the poacher was concentrating on her Houndoom and Murkrow, trying to get rid of Tybalt. She was less aware of Electrike's and Zorua's problems and entirely unaware that Ebony wasn't in the battle. Gotta make a mental note that people can't concentrate well on multiple battles at once...... this is why I trained Ruby to act on her own.

His Vulpix, meanwhile, was having problems of her own. Zorua was stronger than she was and just as fast, and was doing its best to improvise and figure out a way to stop the little fire fox from gaining any ground. Every time Ruby attempted to get close enough to strike with Quick Attack, she was met with a powerful Fury Swipe, and if she tried to back off and attack from range with Ember, the dark fox used Pursuit to follow her. She wasn't able to build up the concentration required to use Disable yet with the Zorua constantly trying to attack, so Scott broke his silence with her and gave her some help. "Ruby, try Roar and then Disable!"

Ruby's ears twitched, as she was used to fighting on her own by now, but she carried out his commands anyway. Her Roar was less than spectacular, more of a rather loud growl, but it still caused the Zorua to pause and take a step back, somewhat frightened. Ruby used this moment to crouch down, her six tails glowing a bright purple color before they each shot off a beam of light that hit Zorua. "Hah. That ought to totally destroy that fox thing's strategy for a minute or so......"

He turned his attention back to Scarlet and Oberon for a moment, but Oberon was still struggling with paralysis and the Electrike was still hesitating to make another move, so he turned his attention to the opposing poacher herself and the little Eevee that was creeping up behind her. "Just a few moments more......"

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th March 2024 - 09:44 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.