Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Closed TopicStart new topic
The Voice in My Head
Toogee
post Jun 29 2014, 10:09 AM
Post #21

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

“Well so much for gentler soul! It appeared that Amber was just as much a brute as Darius, preferring sheer force to diplomacy. Oh Ms. Harrison, it is not wise to attack a pokemon defending her master like a mother to her young. Like Darius, I suppose you prefer to learn your lessons the hard way. Hearing the commands issued, Bindy stood over Darius to defend him against the attacks.”

“The absol Luna was the first to initiate the strike. It was a handy maneuver, tricking the opponent to watch an attack from one side only to be hid from the opposite end. Of course, it assumed the target had any interest in blocking the attack. The charmeleon didn’t care whether it was claw, horn or foot that was making contact. The entirety of the already battle-weary absol would be engulfed within her dragon rage upon the attack’s approach.”

“CHHAAARRRR!!”

“While Bindy prepared some ABSOLutely delectable barbecue, the shock wave attack surged from the other side of the field. The charmeleon roared in pain as the electricity surged through her body. Being an area attack, the shock wave hit Darius as well, his body convulsing despite the paralysis. I only wish I had a camera; it would have made a perfect meme…whoops, distracted again.”

“The ranchers had about enough of the attack. While using a weakened pokemon as bait for a sneak attack was only questionably ethical at best, Darius getting caught in the crossfire was likely to bring in the authorities and the lawyers. That was bad press Loch Ranch could not afford.”

“The rancher John immediately approached the charmeleon and sprayed her in the face with a spray bottle. Instead of water, he sprayed Bindy with a solution of parasect spores. Unlike raw spores, the solution stuck to Bindy’s face, allowing for greater exposure. This in turn dropped the charmeleon before she knew what hit her. Bindy laid beside her master in slumber. The other ranchers immediately grabbed the empty pokeball on Darius’ belt and summoned Bindy back inside. They then carried a very stiff Darius to the jeep for transport.”

“Well, that was…unorthodox,” John said to Amber. “There’s an on-site pokemon center we’re headed to if you and your partner want to join us.”

“John was acting polite, but I can tell you right now that his thoughts were less so. Very juicy stuff, heh heh.”

This post has been edited by Toogee: Jun 29 2014, 10:32 AM

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Jun 29 2014, 08:38 PM
Post #22

Squawk!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 58 773

PANE Team

Due to the use of a fiery defense instead of a dodge or block, and due to her total lack of experience, Luna was caught completely unaware. The Dragon's Rage attack was more than enough to knock her off of her feet, leaving her attempted Feint attack with no weight behind it to cause damage.

Normally, this wouldn't have been an issue. However, there was the second attack from Nikila to contend with as well. As Luna was lying on the ground and barely conscious, she was unable to avoid the incoming Shock Wave and was knocked out.

Luckily, this wasn't a problem because the ranchers leaped into action to subdue the Charmeleon.

Scott sighed. "It's a wonder I ever lived through basic training with you in my class...... were you going to do what I think you were going to do with the Staraptor? Nikila's lightning was supposed to be just a distraction, wasn't it?"

Amber merely smiled and said, "Negotiating is always much easier when the opposing side is being carried a hundred feet up by a Staraptor."

"But we...... never mind. We're going to the Pokemon Center with the Lochs and the ranch hands." He then said to Mr. Loch, "You guys go on ahead, we'll follow on foot since there probably won't be room for both of us in the jeep."

Mentally, he hoped that they figured everything out before this "narrator" drove him insane. He was beginning to see why Darius had been attacking everything.

He picked up Ruby, who was immersed in the teachings of the TM's VR headset and barely seemed to notice. Ebony popped back out of the bushes, having been unable to complete his objective before the battle was over- which was using Covet to part Darius and his broadsword. The little Eevee was returned to his Great Ball, along with both of Amber's Pokemon, while the two Staraptor flew back towards the Ranger Station.

The walk to the Pokemon Center only took about ten minutes, by which time Scott hoped that Darius would have healed enough to be able to at least talk about whatever it was the voice was trying to say.

As they got there, however, their radios began to buzz and vibrate, and they both displayed a message on their screens.

Lenolia Ranger Station requesting backup for a drugstore robbery and shooting from all nearby Ranger teams. Call Dispatch ASAP.

"Hmm...... well, I'm going to stay here and try to figure all of this out, but you can go if you want," Scott said as Mr. Loch looked out of the Pokemon Center at them to see what the buzzing noise was coming from.

Amber grunted. "Well, if you say so. I'm taking both Staraptor, though, since it sounds like they'll be needed. Can I take Braviary?"

"He'll never listen to you, but you can try."

Amber stared at him for a moment, then looked through the window for the Pokemon Center before pulling out her whistle and using it to call the Altaria from earlier, before saying to Scott, "Well, hopefully this won't turn into something even worse than a robbery and shooting." She then switched the radio channel to Lenolia's dispatch center and said, "Dispatch, this is Sigma 2...... responding to the reqeust for backup with an Omega Altaria and two Alpha-class Staraptor from the Loch Ranch area. Will be there as fast as possible."

The dispatcher responded over the radio at the same time Amber mounted the wild Altaria and flew away, so Scott didn't hear what they said.

Once she had flown off into the distance, Scott sighed and said, "Well, now that she's gone, maybe I'll be able to get something done peacefully."

He muttered to Mr. Loch, "She had to respond to an emergency in Lenolia," and walked inside the Pokemon Center, finding Darius lying on a stretcher, still somewhat paralyzed.

The first thing he did was pull out a pair of handcuffs and cuff Darius so that if he went crazy because of the narrator, he'd have a hard time really doing anything.

After getting that out of the way, Scott spoke to him while setting Ruby down on a nearby chair.

"Now, those are just temporary, but seeing as you have a sword I'm not real fond of the idea of keeping you entirely unrestrained. That, and I can still charge you with a couple counts of assault with a deadly weapon, in which case I'd have to arrest you anyway. But before that, I want to know about this...... umm...... weird voice."

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
ninetales.gifumbreon.gifespeon.gifleafeon.gif
{Profile | Current Levels}
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jul 5 2014, 10:20 AM
Post #23

Group Icon

And a Golurk

“Well look who decided to take a break from pokemon pampering to take charge of the situation? Scott was at the pokemon center at Darius’ bedside. The dragon trainer was slowly but surely recovering from his paralysis. Let’s check in on him.”

“B…leh…B…”

“His speech was still slurred as he tried to answer Scott’s questions. …wait…here it comes…”

“BLACKHEART!”

“And he’s back.”

“I try and save you guys from a stampeding girafarig and she stabs me in the back?! Doesn’t even have the guts to face me! I was going to buy your entire stock of thin mints, but after this? I’m only buying one box…maybe two.”

“As he attempted to gesture with his hands, Darius realized that he was handcuffed. That didn’t help his feelings of betrayal. Before he could voice his opinions on ranger conduct, Mr. Loch entered the room.”

“We’ll get to your grievances later,” Loch said to Darius. “Now what in tarnation is going on?”

“There is someone talking to me in my head!”

“That declaration seemed to shut everyone up. As Mr. Loch was not privy to our little chat, he was liable to think he was dealing with a crazy person after all. And yet he was willing to hear Darius’s tale.”

“He showed up a couple weeks ago, constantly talking about some riddle. He kept taunting me through every hour, day and night. No idea what he was saying. He kept hinting as to his identity, so I went after him. But he kept tricking me! And now we’re here.”

“And the riddle?”

“Something about a dark corner behind a lock with no key.”

“FINALLY! Thanks for getting to the point so quickly! Mr. Loch turned to Scott to hear his thoughts on all of this. The rancher had no reason to believe the deranged fellow, though he very much wanted to give Darius the benefit of the doubt. He looked to Scott to give him a reason.”

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Jul 6 2014, 08:47 PM
Post #24

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

Scott facepalmed and seriously considered walking over to a nearby wall and banging his head on it repeatedly.

"Okay, ignoring the other problems with your way of thinking...... I'm 17 years old. Do you really think I'm selling cookies? I'm a bit old for that. I suppose Amber might look like someone who sells cookies though, but don't tell her that. Anyway, she had to respond to a robbery, so she left. And if she did have cookies, she wouldn't be giving them to anyone else anyway, especially not thin mints."

He paused for a moment before saying, "And you're the one who caused the Girafarig to go rampaging in the first place, so even if you had managed to save us, it would still be your fault."

He then changed topics back to the voice and turned his head to look at Mr. Loch. "Well, this voice also spoke...... well, is speaking to me and Amber. Or at least was speaking to Amber, although now that she left it might not be anymore. And it did say something about a riddle. It's rather amusing hearing his life narrated like a book, actually."

Scott then turned back to Darius. "But, I've been here enough to know most of the ranch and a decent part of the surrounding area at least somewhat well...... and I can't think of any dark corners with locks. You might be searching in the wrong place."

He turned back to Mr' Loch one last time. "Unless you happen to know of a place that fits his description?"

In the meantime, while continuing to sit on a chair next to the group, Ruby was so amazed by the optical illusions generated by the TM's VR headset that she was drooling.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jul 13 2014, 08:46 AM
Post #25

Group Icon

And a Golurk

“Darius did not understand Scott’s retorts. How was he supposed to know that Scott wasn’t held back a few years and was still on cookie duty? And whether it was his fault or not, he still saved them and did not deserve a thunder wave to the back for it. He kept these thoughts to himself, but for the benefit of Mr. Carson, I just repeated them. You’re welcome.”

“Darius struggled to shake his fist to the sky (handcuffs) as Mr. Loch spoke up.”

“Hm…was it lock or Loch? We’re pretty much open to everyone all the time. Perhaps your mind reader has a lisp or something.”

“Screw you, Mr. Loch. Screw you.”

“Did someone hear something? Er, anyways, we just finished building a cave for all the zubat and swoobat colonies. The Mrs was getting sick of them hiding in our basement-”

“TO THE CAVE!”

“Darius struggled against the cuffs as he attempted to get out of his bed.”

“Release me and fetch my sword! We’re finishing this once and for all! You’ve spoken your last, Narrator!”

“We shall see…”

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Jul 15 2014, 06:08 PM
Post #26

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

Scott sighed when Darius burst out about going to the cave right away."Well, I suppose I can uncuff you, but...... the sword stays here. I cant have you killing this telepathic guy off the moment we actually meet him. He might tell us something useful...... at least I think it's a guy. Telepathic voices really all sound the same whether they're male or female."

Before removing the handcuffs, Scott stashed the sword's sheath (with the sword in it of course) underneath the cushions of a nearby sofa. He didn't want Darius to have it, but he didn't want some random Fighting-type to come across the sword and start playing with it either.

He then pulled Darius up onto his feet and pushed him out of the Pokemon Center before uncuffing him, muttering "You can go get your sword again once this is all over with."

He looked up at the sky and the few clouds it contained, before remembering that he'd left Ruby inside the building. His Vulpix was still completely inside the virtual world of the Hidden Power TM and wasn't aware that everyone else was getting ready to move out, so he resorted to carrying her again.

"Well,I suppose it's time to get moving then...... are you coming with us?" Scott asked Mr. Loch. They only needed to know the general direction of the cave to be able to find it, but it would be nice to have someone show them the exact location so they didn't have to search for it and waste valuable time. On the other hand, if they had to search for it, there was a better chance that he would stumble upon that Leafeon he'd been searching everywhere for...... or maybe something even rarer.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jul 16 2014, 09:30 PM
Post #27

Group Icon

And a Golurk

“Note to self: spare sword.”

“While Darius lamented over the loss of his weapon, Scott was attempting to get a third member for their crew.”

“Fraid I’ve got to pair off some broncos and mares for a customer,” Mr. Loch sadly replied. “You should be able to find the cave very easily. Just take that road up ahead and take the first left. Can’t miss it. …Wow, that guy’s fast!”

“Upon overhearing the directions, Darius rushed down said road, driven by fury against my omnipresent voice.”

“That’s right Narrator! I’m coming for you!”

“Well then, I best make the most of this. How about a song to pass the time? One bottle of berry juice on the wall, one bottle of juice. Toss one up, make sure it’s stuck. Two bottles of berry juice on the wall!”

“That won’t work on me! I just won’t listen! LALALALALALALA…!”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

30 minute later…

“203 bottles of berry juice on the wall, 203 bottles of juice…”

“La…La…la…DAMN YOU STOP THIS MADNESS!!!”

“At last, Darius Dovakin finally broke, tears streaming from his eyes in exhaustion.”

“Take that back! It’s not true!”

“Fortunately, Darius’s shattered mind lay upon the mouth of a cave opening that was two stories tall. Several zubat were darting around the stalactites that dotted the ceiling. Though this appeared to be a legit cave, one touch of the walls would let anyone know that this was no rock formation. Perhaps it was some sort of foam material. In any case, I’m in here and you’re not. Come seek your answers inside.”

“On a side note, I’m surprised this Scott fellow stuck around. I’m sure he was plotting your death somewhere on the way here, Darius. Bet he picked a spot to bury you too.”

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Jul 16 2014, 11:09 PM
Post #28

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

OOC (click to show)

"Eh? Plotting his death? No, not quite...... but a certain harsh mentor of mine has this rifle that fires these special-made paintballs that aren't actually full of paint but instead have stuff in them similar to the stuff in a firecracker, so that when the paintball strikes something it creates this loud sound. Tieing you to a tree and unloading 50 of those on you sounds like a much better idea than just killing you and burying you somewhere. They hurt really bad, by the way," Scott replied to the narrator more than to Darius. Of course, the narrator was starting to drive him insane too.

The so-called explosive paintballs were meant to be fired at the ground to scare away aggressive wild Pokemon and not to be actually fired at someone, but regardless...... Scott really wanted one.

Scott had been hanging back, studying the ground as they searched for the cave. Knowing that running across a Pokemon as naturally passive and elusive as a Leafeon was going to be next to impossible, he was instead looking for its footprints to tell him were it had been recently. This was far easier said than done, considering that it had an identical footprint to Umbreon and Glaceon, and while the print's size could rule out Glaceon, even if he found a print there was no way to tell if it was the Leafeon or an Umbreon instead.

So far he had failed to find any evidence of the elusive Grass-type, although he did see a set of tracks that believed belonged to a Jolteon, among many other rare Pokemon tracks. But this was the region's main daycare center, so it wasn't really all that surprising to find rare tracks.

And then they came to the cave. They were currently standing in front of it, looking at it from the outside.

Scott was surprised that the Lochs had managed to build something so big without him knowing about it. As far as caves went, it seemed huge. He tapped on the wall a few times, and muttered, "Looks like it's built out of some kind of quick-hardening foam...... and painted to look like bedrock. Not a bad way to quickly make a cave."

In his arms, Ruby shook her head a few times to get the TM's headset off. She was finally done learning how to use Hidden Power. Scott quickly stuck the headset in his bag.

He spoke up a bit. "Well, here we are. I'll let you go first, so that all the bats attack you and not...... not....."

He trailed off as his eyes moved from the inside of the cave to the outside walls to the area right outside the cave...... and a tan fox sitting up against the side walls in a patch of sunlight that made it through the surrounding trees.

It looked at him, and their eyes met.
And then the creature Scott had spent so many hours looking for unsuccessfully took off running.

"OH NO YOU DON'T! YOU AREN'T GETTING AWAY!!!!!!! RUBY GET HIMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Scott half-threw Ruby as the Vulpix leaped out of his arms to give chase to the Leafeon. Scott took a moment longer to give chase himself, instead grabbing Darius by the collar of his shirt to drag him along so that he couldn't get away from them.

But the chase only lasted for all of about a 50-yard dash.

Just behind the cave was a spot of extremely thick undergrowth among a stand of large oak trees, next to a small pond. Many of the bushes were covered with thorns, but there were several small holes in the tangle of branches and thorns that were just barely big enough for the three-foot-tall grass-type to enter. Ruby was sitting outside of one of those holes, hesitant on entering.

"Hmm...... okay maybe chasing him wasn't the best idea...... gonna have to switch gears here or he will never come out." He had known beforehand that it would never stick around long enough for him to get a fair battle out of it, so the only ways would be to either befriend it or bait it, or chase it around until it got too tired to run away anymore. He'd also learned from conversations with the Loch's and other area residents that this Leafeon was most certainly a wild Pokemon that just happened to be living on the Loch Ranch.

He thought for a moment, then decided that he might as well let Darius go since he knew he'd just be going inside of that big cave.

"Okay, Darius, I'll give you two choices. You can either stay here and potentially find a new Pokemon to capture while I'm doing this and then I can help you out in the cave after I catch this guy, or you can go in alone and possibly get all your blood sucked out by Zubats while you try to open that........ door with no lock thing."

I bet he'll go in alone...... and then maybe all the bats will have a feast off of him and not be hungry when I enter later, so they won't bother me.

As he spoke, Scott bent down and peeked into the hole in the bushes that Ruby was sitting by. Several feet back, he could see a pair of brown eyes staring back at him. Seeing his target watching him, Scott used his (as Amber sometimes called it) "super-epic food of befriendingness!" which was really just a package full of gummies that had been made with extracts from Sitrus, Leppa, Chesto, and Persim berries. While the extracts were quite diluted compared to the berries themselves, they did cause the gummies to have a small portion of the effects that the berries had. As a result, between those and the added flavoring and sugar content of the gummies, many kinds of Pokemon just loved them. They also apparently had the scent of all those berries as well, although Scott couldn't tell the difference between them and regular gummies.

He thought he saw the Leafeon stand up shortly after he opened the bag, but it was so dark within the bushes that he couldn't quite tell. It didn't seem to be approaching him for the gummies, so Scott tried adding his voice into coax it out of hiding.

"Hey buddy, I'm sorry I yelled at you...... please come out. You don't need to be scared of me, I'm a Ranger."

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jul 19 2014, 03:30 PM
Post #29

Group Icon

And a Golurk

“Hey, what the hell?!”

“Ah, so close yet so far away. It seemed something caught Scott’s eye and he needed Darius to come along for the ride. Dragging him across the field only slowed the ranger’s progress, but that didn’t seem to bother him as he proceeded after a wild pokemon. Darius had no idea why he was going along with this. Quite frankly, neither did Scott. So he let him on his way.”

“Oh sure. Now you let me go, after dragging me a mile away! I better get some cookies after this!”

“Darius stomped back to the cave, rather angry for the delay. Once he arrived, he did not hesitate to enter into the dark. The dragon trainer stepped lightly, for he knew that even the slightest disturbance would wake the zubat-”

“NARRATOR! SHUT UP AND SHOW YOURSELF!!!”

“Well, I guess my warning went unanswered. The cave filled with the shrieking of surprised zubats, sending them flying around in all directions. Though they did not bite, they were still very angry, smacking Darius around with their little wings. Darius responded like the giant oaf that he is: he lunged his arms around and growled like a savage. Who felt more at home in this cave: the zubats or the caveman? Entertaining as this is, it’s about time we end this charade.”

“LEAVE US!”

“At my telepathic command, the zubats stormed out of the cave, the flock circling above the mount as they awaited to reenter. Not all the creatures left however. What remained was another bat like creature, but far more handsome. His fur was the color of royalty, his eyes golden like treasure, and his nose a leaf in the wind. His big ears would catch the slightest sound, such as the footsteps of our ranger friend. He, not surprisingly, is me.”

“Understandably, Darius was dumbfounded. He had not seen my kind before. Please, check one of your devices. Yes, that pokedex what does it say?”

“…Noibat? Another bat pokemon- wait! You’re a dragon-type?!”

“Ding ding ding! Yes I am! And I have a message for you from my master, Grandmaster Beed.”

“!”

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Jul 19 2014, 10:39 PM
Post #30

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

"What the......?" Scott turned around to see a whole swarm of Zubats fly out of the cave and begin circling around above. "Well, I guess that means they aren't eating that guy alive, so...... he probably doesn't need my help. I can take as long as I want here then."

Guessing that having a fire-type like Ruby around might make the Leafeon more nervous and thus less likely to come out of hiding, Scott returned his Vulpix to her Luxury Ball. Of course, she complained very vocally as he did so, screaming "VUUULLLLLLLL" as she disappeared in a flash of light.

"Okay, now it's just you and me, little one...... Ruby is gone now. She wouldn't have hurt you anyway though...... aren't you hungry?"

For a moment he contemplated bringing out Ruby and Scarlet, but decided that the sudden appearance of two Eevees was probably just as likely to scare the Leafeon as it was to bring it out of the thorn bush.

However, even with Ruby gone, Leafeon didn't budge. "You're a stubborn little fox, aren't you? Well, here. Try one, at least. See if you like it."

He reached into the berry-gummy bag and picked out a single blue gummy, then reached partway into the bush- as far as he was willing to without getting all scratched up by the thorns or bitten- and set the gummy down on a leaf.

"There. I think that one has the flavor of...... umm...... actually they're all the same flavor, just different colors. But you do like berries, don't you? These are made from several different kinds of berries."

Even still, the Leafeon did not move in the slightest. Scott was dumbfounded. Was it really this afraid of people? Had something happened to it in the past?

Well, at least it isn't like that Glaceon from the mountains a few weeks ago. That thing was just evil.

Wondering if maybe it just didn't like the color blue, Scott stuck a green and a brown gummy next to the blue one. But even three gummies wasn't enough to lure the Leafeon any closer.

"I guess you just aren't hungry then...... well, that doesn't leave me many options."

On second thought, maybe bringing the Eevees out wouldn't hurt any......

As he reached for the two Great Balls sitting on his belt, the Leafeon watched every movement of his hand very closely. The flash of light generated by the two Eevees being released didn't seem to bother the grass-fox any.

However, the sudden appearance of Scarlet and Ebony at the entrance to the bush definitely did. Scarlet was so excited to see an Eeveelution (she had been knocked out prior to the appearance of the Glaceon at Arasam, so she never met him) that she threw all caution aside and rushed into the bush through the opening.

"Scarlet, wait.....!"

Amazingly, however, the Leafeon did not attack her, although it did draw back a little farther into the bush. Scarlet stopped just in front of him and then more slowly stuck her nose out to sniff him.

Meanwhile, Ebony used that time to snatch all three of the gummies for himself before also approaching the Leafeon.

Barely able to see Leafeon anymore through the two Eevees, Scott looked up at the mass of various bat Pokemon flying round up above. "I wonder if he's doing all right...... well, I can't hear that telepath anymore, so they must have met. You know, it would be really funny if it had lured him all the way here to eat him or steal his soul or something like that."

After watching the bats for several seconds and wondering if there was any pattern to the way they were flying, Scott looked back at the bush to find Leafeon at the edge of the hole in the thorns, with Scarlet nudging him onwards.

"Hi there. It's all right, I won't hurt you......" He reached out his hand, and the Leafeon started to draw back into the bush, but Scarlet continued to nudge him closer so after a moment of hesitation, he let Scott pat him on the top of his head. Standing next to the two Eevees, he looked huge, being more than three times their size. "You're...... a lot bigger than I thought you would be."

And thus, thanks to Scarlet, Scott ended up with a third Eevee. Within five minutes Leafeon had gotten over most of his initial fear and was sitting next to him munching on gummies.

Scott lined up a few different Pokeballs so that the Leafeon could choose which one he wished to reside in, and after some deliberation he choose (not surprisingly) Scott's only spare Luxury Ball.

"Well, that wasn't so bad. No battle at least. You know, I've never caught any Pokemon by battling them yet......" He looked at the Luxury Ball that now contained his fourth fox. "I think I'll name you Moss."

"Well, I guess it's time to go and check on Darius." Scott returned his two Eevees, put Moss's Luxury Ball on the fourth slot on his belt, and then began to walk back towards the cave.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jul 20 2014, 11:48 AM
Post #31

Group Icon

And a Golurk

“Darius had many questions on his mind. How could a little bat like myself possess telepathy? All that changed upon the mention of Grandmaster Beed. The grandmaster was a famed explorer, venturing into unknown lands to find and capture new dragon pokemon. Many dragon trainers knew of his tales of different countries and the people within them-”

“Yeah yeah yeah. I know all of that! What message does he have for me?”

“OK, right to the point then. Grandmaster Beed has passed away.”

“What?! No! I will avenge you, Grandmaster!”

“Shut up and put your fist down. He died in his sleep.”

“Impossible! He was too young!”

“He was 112.”

“Oh…”

“In his will, he has requested dragon trainers from all over the world to gather in Furoh for the reading of his will and the ceremony. You must be east of Gigarte in one fortnight.”

“Then I must make haste- wait a minute. So all of this talking in my head was a test to see if I was worthy to attend right?”

“Oh no, that was just me being an asshole. When Grandmaster died, I was free to do what I want. I decided to play with your head before giving you the bad news. Thought it would soften the blow. Also, it was fun. I guess you could call me the ‘anoibat’. Ha ha ha!”

*POW*

Darius punched the noibat so hard, it knocked the quotes/italic tags out of this paragraph even he felt it. He wasn’t feeling a recoil however. He was feeling his mind being released from the unwelcome guest. Darius smiled: he could finally think again!

Darius left the noibat (ko’ed from the surprise attack) on the floor as he made for the exit. When he reached the outside, he found Scott coming back.

“Rejoice, ranger! I have fought the creature haunting our minds and have come out victorious! He won’t mess the likes of Darius Dovakin ever again!”

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Jul 20 2014, 02:19 PM
Post #32

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

"Eh? It's over already? It didn't take me all [i]that[i] long to capture Moss...... did it?"

He wondered for a moment if he should go inside the cave to make sure Darius hadn't gone on a murderous rampage and killed the telepath, but all the bats were beginning to return so he decided against it.

"Well, I guess that solves one problem. Now it's time to get back to the previous problem...... that is, you were attacking everything that even remotely sounded like a telepath. Not only that, but you attacked my Vulpix, and she isn't even the least bit psychic." Scott folded up his arms and tilted his head to one side.

"Protocol says I should arrest you and change you with a couple counts of assault and a couple counts of assault with a deadly weapon...... but then, I could probably charge whoever the telepath was with something too considering this was all its fault. I really hope you didn't strangle it or use some kind of hidden knife or anything to kill it."

He paused for a moment to consider a new idea, and then said, "But if I try to arrest you, I know you'll either run or fight back, and I don't have any kind of magical restricting moves like Amber and Nikila do...... so I suppose I'll just have to fine you instead. I believe each count of assault has up to a $750 fine and each count of assault with a weapon is $1000...... and you attacked both me and Amber and that Girafarig with your Charmeleon, so that's three counts of assault, and you attacked Ruby and...... something else with both your Charmeleon and your sword, so that's another two counts using a weapon...... so you're looking at up to $4250 in fines. Although, since you seem to like cookies so much, I suppose if you bought four thousand cookies I'd let you go. Hey, are you even listening to me?!?!"

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jul 24 2014, 09:56 AM
Post #33

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Scott's list of charges fell on deaf ears, for Darius was on his victory march back to the Loch residence. He had saved himself, the male girl scout, and possibly everyone at the ranch from the psychic terror known only as the Narrator. The dragon trainer would recount his tale so that future generations would learn of his deeds. Then, they would build a statue of himself in his honor, just like in Plant Town!

“Probably should check on how that is coming along,” Darius thought to himself as he continued onward.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the long trek back, Darius had joined the Lochs (and presumably Scott) at the dining table. Mrs. Loch had served everyone grilled cheese sandwiches with a side of homemade potato chips. In between delicious bites of food, Darius told his story.

“And so, in that cave *munch munch* the telepath revealed himself as a noibat. *munch munch* It’s like a zubat, but purple and with a funny nose. Anywho, *munch munch* he was a dragon type from one of the elders of my kin. The noibat had informed me that the great Grandmaster Beed had passed away and that my kin were gathering in the east to say goodbye *munch munch*. As for why he tortured me for weeks on end, it was all a game for the newly-freed pokemon. I popped him in the face just so he wouldn’t try it again. *munch munch* This food’s good.”

Mr. Loch made a quick call to one of his employees to check the cave for an injured pokemon. Afterwards, he turned his attention back to Darius.

“First leafeon, now noibat. We’re gonna have to do another head count just to figure out how many wild guests we have! As for you, Mr. Dovakin, with your telepath defeated, this means you’re done going after our residnets?”

“Yes sir! The foe has been vanquished, so I am free from his trickery.”

“In that case, I’d prefer to avoid a legal hassle and call this a giant misunderstanding, if Scott agrees. I’ll let you go on your way on one condition: your sword stays here.”

“My…sword?”

Poor Darius’s face dropped upon hearing that he would be losing his first (and only) sword he had ever wielded. It was a comparatively small price to pay for freeing his mind. Still, he was going to miss that blade.

Nessie was holding the sword and scabbard at the time, pulling it out to admire the shine of the metal. Darius rose from his seat, knelt down to the girl, and helped her unsheathe the sword. If he was to give up the sword, it would be in his own way.

“I, Darius Dovakin, beseech upon you the Dawn Blade. It is the first blade I have ever wielded. When people ask about this sword, you will tell them my story, my legend. You will pass this on to your children and your children’s children. They will know what one man is capable of in this vast world.”

“That I don’t doubt,” Mr. Loch mumbled sarcastically to Scott as he watched Nessie beam over the new family heirloom.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Jul 24 2014, 11:35 AM
Post #34

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

Scott sighed. "Well, I suppose I'll go along with it, if only because I really don't feel like trying to arrest him." He had already scarfed down the entire sandwich in hunger, but was eating his chips more slowly.

"I'm sure there are several dozen more unknown visitors on the ranch besides my Leafeon and that bat thing...... Noibat? That cave alone probably contains several wild Zubat in addition to all the trainer-owned ones. In fact, the wild Pokemon I've been hearing the most about is supposedly a full grown Tyranitar that several other Rangers and hikers have met near the north end of the ranch. There's a good chance it lives on the ranch itself, or at least visits sometimes. Luckily, it isn't aggressive, so I've never had to go searching for it. And with all the Leafeon sightings around here, there might even be another two or three of them besides the one I caught. There could even be a Moss Stone on your ranch somewhere."

He paused for a moment, then said, "And I'm not even sure that the Altaria that went with Amber on the robbery call in Lenolia was trainer-owned, to be honest. Although if it was, that might be a problem if its owner comes by while it's gone...... we aren't supposed to use other people's Pokemon unless it's an emergency. Although, that may have counted as an emergency......"

In the back of his mind, he was thinking about something else though. That sword really doesn't serve any practical purpose, but I have to admit it looks awesome. Maybe I need to start wearing a sword on my belt. People might take me a bit more seriously then, at least, and they wouldn't be as nervous as if I were carrying a rifle...... and it would look more epic too. Maybe I could get one of those swords with a design painted into the blade, like a Vulpix breathing fire...... then I would definitely be stuck with the nickname 'Fox' though, with four fox Pokemon and a sword with a fox on it...... but it definitely won't be a broadsword. Maybe a short sword. Although, I am tall enough to easily carry a long sword, so that might be a better idea. Or maybe a rapier. Although I have no idea what a rapier is, it at least sounds more awesome than a regular sword. But what would I name it? Do I even need to name a sword? It seems kinda unnecessary, but if the whole point of having a sword is to look awesome, having a named sword would help...... and there's also still that issue of getting one of those guns that fire explosive paintballs......

He shook his head to clear his thoughts and decided he'd deal with looking awesome later, then finished off the last of his lunch and stood up. "Well, if this is all dealt with now, I'd better be getting back to my station. I might be needed in Lenolia or elsewhere soon, so I need to get ready to do some travelling and make sure that the station's construction will go fine without me. I'll talk to you all later then."

After shutting the door behind him, he sighed once again. "This was a crazy day. But at least it turned out well this time."

And so he began the few-mile-long trek home.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jul 24 2014, 04:37 PM
Post #35

Group Icon

And a Golurk

“Farewell and go bust some litterers for me!” Darius shouted to Scott as he left. He turned to the Lochs to bid them farewell as well.

“With that, I too must depart. My adventure must continue! More evils must be vanquished!”

“Just stay out of trouble,” Mr. Loch said as Darius walked out of the house.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Once he was on the road, Darius summoned his charmeleon to accompany him. Bindy emerged with a roll, standing back up to flash a pair of jazz hands. Her trainer did his best not to crack a smile (“It’s a warrior’s scowl!”) as he delivered the news.

“Bindy, we’re headed back east! The dragon trainers are gathering to honor the late great Grandmaster Beed. We shall join them. Onward!”

The two ran down the road together, eager for their next adventure.

After Credits Scene (click to show)

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 01:34 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.