Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Grass type haters must read this., Why do people hate grass types so much?
grandlore
post Jun 1 2010, 07:03 PM
Post #41

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 58 616

HG Team

What exactly is being debated? This seems more like people stating what they like/don't.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

FlareFox7921
post Jun 3 2010, 05:09 PM
Post #42

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 93 179

Dratini Family HG Run

QUOTE(pokesuperspriter @ Sep 15 2009, 07:30 PM) *
My very first grass type was bulbasaur. Ever since then I loved grass types. All grass types are unique. Just like all the other types in the pokemon world. I always chose grass types as the starter exept treco, it's kind of ugly.

Celebi rulz!!!! blargagh.gif

Treecko? It's my second favorite starter in all generations! (with a tie between cyndaquil and tsutaja as first)

--------------------

Personality Tests (click to show)
+Quote Post

Taako
post Jun 5 2010, 11:16 AM
Post #43

Cringing at posts I made 5 years ago
Group Icon

Member No.: 43 302

I dislike grass type pokémon because they are, in my opinion, the weakest type. They have way too many weaknesses for one thing: Flying, Poison, Bug, Fire, and Ice. Then you notice that Grass-Type moves aren't supereffective against very many types. Plus most Grass-Type moves are lousy and most grass-type pokémon are too cutesy for my liking.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Hyakugojuuichi n...
post Jun 30 2010, 10:15 AM
Post #44

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 442

ESPEONZ ARE MYNE!!

QUOTE(Eliot Kovach @ Sep 15 2009, 05:26 AM) *
i really adore grass pokemons! i absolutely love them! of types that i like, grass is on my top!

grass grass
grass grass
grass grass
grass grass

:SNIP:

ORLY? Shall I beat your grassination? (click to show)

I, personally, hate the Hoppip line. Apart from that, I would fill ten boxes with them.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Cassowary
post Jul 22 2010, 12:30 PM
Post #45

Skarmory Squadron Supreme
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 264

Skarmory Squadron

Too many weaknesses, can't seem to learn very wide movesets (different types and all). Looks-wise many of them are pretty good, but eh when it comes to battling.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Bora
post Sep 8 2010, 08:38 PM
Post #46

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 010

Active Squad

Grass types are also really good at special attack and they have all these "drain" moves to steal HP! grin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

kenniky
post Sep 9 2010, 08:06 PM
Post #47

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 115

:O

they're cool, I've got to admit - chikorita's the only grass starter that didn't come in first in my ranks for its region starters (I liked cyndaquil better).
however, despite their strength on three common types: water, ground and rock, they have a BOATLOAD of weaknesses. fire, flying, ice, poison. even really wimpy bugs like butterfree or kriketune could take out a tangrowth with ease. AND add to the fact that many dual typed grass pokemon could have a 4X weakness. celebi+shiftry to bug, parasect and abomasnow to fire, to name a few.

--------------------

"We may die if we take a stand here. But staying gives us the chance to change our destinies!"
+Quote Post

Ashisogi Jizo
post Sep 11 2010, 07:48 PM
Post #48

Forest Friend
Group Icon

Member No.: 112 576

Eon Team

QUOTE(m e s p r i t @ Sep 15 2009, 01:31 AM) *
Other than Shaymin with it's Chia pet uberness and Celebi, most grass types have terrible stat distribution and run-of-the-mill move pools..
They aren't really anything spectacular..
If I'm not mistaken the Pokemon with the most type disadvantages happens to be part grass type.. Snover.
The grass type starters are always the 'hard mode' on the Pokemon games as well.. since they have so many disadvantages.

The only good ones I can think of are Torterra, Sceptile and Roserade, not counting the two legends mentioned above..
Which is an extremely slim number out of the.. roughly 58 grass types. >:

you say that the grass type is the hardest one, but actually, i find it quite easy.
I almost always pick grass, and, not being a great gamer, find no trouble in completing the game

--------------------
+Quote Post

OKelly
post Sep 11 2010, 08:17 PM
Post #49

Hello.
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 678

Active Squad

I like them there not my total fave type but i like them
Cause they are easy to Train....... well not in Gen2 But i usually pick the starter thats not the best in the first 2 gyms
Gen1: Charmander
gen2: Totodile or Cynda depends......
gen3: Toirchic(sp?) or Treeco (Sp?) this Gen yeah i some times chose the Grass type some times
gen4: I pick all of them but when i first got it witch was Diamond I picked Turtwig cause it was cute cat.gif but i never evolved it
Gen5:...... Well depends on the final evo. I might choose SmugLeaf but im still not sure or i Might Pick Otto

So yeah it depends on Gen. and gyms for me........
But i like some of them when i saw Frenzy Plant and Leaf storm i feel in love and wanted all my grass types to learn it but sadly..... they dont.... But i kinda like the 1st stage for some of Gen

Gen1:Bulba so cute cat.gif
Gen2:Bayleaf yes i feel like ash
gen3:either Treeco or Grov depends how i feel
Gen4:turtwig its speed is the key
gen5:Depends but i might keep it at Basic Stage

at first i thought regigagas was Grass because of the bushes on the top and his feet (i think)

but they are not that useless like Bug types....... curse you caterpie.gif But before gen 4 i think..........
I always thought cause i was just a little Boy I thought every Green Pokemon was a grass type cause grass is green and yeah...... but the one i was fooled was Sodowoodo (sp?)

--------------------
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘ IM IN LOVE WITH THE COCO ┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘ I GET IT FOR THE LOW LOW ┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

+Quote Post

The Aztec God Of...
post Oct 1 2010, 06:08 AM
Post #50

The Supreme Ruler of Everything, INCLUDING the kitchen sink
Group Icon

Member No.: 76 741

My Ground Gym

I love the Bulbasaur family, Leafeon, Shamin and Skymin, Bayleaf. and a few others. I tend to choose the water starter, though. But in Sinnoh, they all sucked so I chose Turtwig. Gen 5- Smugleaf for sure!!!

--------------------

You know the drill.
+Quote Post

Dazmi
post Oct 1 2010, 06:58 AM
Post #51

Veteran
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

QUOTE(pokesuperspriter @ Sep 14 2009, 06:52 PM) *
If anybody is out there listening to me, can you tell me why lots of people hate grass types? :(And if you hate grass types mabe you should rethink thier advantages.

When you think defense, Grass types are risky to use most of the time. Fire and Ice moves are commonly used by special attackers. It is also weak against Flying and Bug moves.

Most of their resistances don't have much use. For example, most Water-types are able to use an Ice attack, which can be used against a Grass type. They are resistant to Ground but many of them are half Poison-type, which would neutralize their resistance. Almost every Electric-type can learn Signal Beam, which is a Bug move.

It is typical for Grass-types to learn "disabling moves" like Leech Seed. This enables Grass types to provide support to the rest of their team, and might make them difficult to faint. Now that I think about it, they're immune to Leech Seed (I know it can be affected by Leech Seed if the previous Pokémon was seeded and has Baton Passed into a Grass-type Pokémon).

They also have problems if you think offensively. Too many types resist these moves, and most of them aren't very powerful. Even then, most of the powerful moves have drawbacks. Leaf Storm sharply lowers Special Attack, and Wood Hammer causes recoil damage.

The majority of Grass-types have very narrow movesets, often where the only damage-dealing level up moves are Grass and Normal moves (Thinking of Cherrim, Meganium, and Sunflora).

Double resistances to Grass are extremely common, even more so than double weaknesses.

Grass Pokémon seem to be affected by weather conditions more than most other Pokémon. Ludicolo in rain, Cacturne in sandstorms, or Abomasnow in hail are examples of this.

When I think Grass moves, I think Smart contest.

Tangela is the only pure grass type and I think Tangrowth is too. Correct me if I'm wrong about this.

The Grass type has been paired with every type that it is super effective against.

All Pokémon that have 7 weaknesses are Grass type.

Is that enough? Personally, I don't necessarily enjoy grass types, but I don't hate them.

This post has been edited by Dazmi: Oct 1 2010, 07:21 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Ashisogi Jizo
post Oct 3 2010, 05:31 PM
Post #52

Forest Friend
Group Icon

Member No.: 112 576

Eon Team

QUOTE(Dazmi @ Oct 1 2010, 06:58 AM) *
When you think defense, Grass types are risky to use most of the time. Fire and Ice moves are commonly used by special attackers. It is also weak against Flying and Bug moves.
Most of their resistances don't have much use. For example, most Water-types are able to use an Ice attack, which can be used against a Grass type. They are resistant to Ground but many of them are half Poison-type, which would neutralize their resistance. Almost every Electric-type can learn Signal Beam, which is a Bug move.
It is typical for Grass-types to learn "disabling moves" like Leech Seed. This enables Grass types to provide support to the rest of their team, and might make them difficult to faint. Now that I think about it, they're immune to Leech Seed (I know it can be affected by Leech Seed if the previous Pokémon was seeded and has Baton Passed into a Grass-type Pokémon).
They also have problems if you think offensively. Too many types resist these moves, and most of them aren't very powerful. Even then, most of the powerful moves have drawbacks. Leaf Storm sharply lowers Special Attack, and Wood Hammer causes recoil damage.
Double resistances to Grass are extremely common, even more so than double weaknesses.
Grass Pokémon seem to be affected by weather conditions more than most other Pokémon. Ludicolo in rain, Cacturne in sandstorms, or Abomasnow in hail are examples of this.
Tangela is the only pure grass type and I think Tangrowth is too. Correct me if I'm wrong about this.

I'm guessing you weren't counting grass starters on the pure grass type point
Anyway, I agree with all you've said, they all are true.
However, I think it is a preferred thing.
Not many people like grass types because they feel they aren't very strong, but they are sort of supposed to be a support type
Just like I dislike dragons because of their pure power

--------------------
+Quote Post

TheDrunkenwhale
post Oct 11 2010, 09:27 PM
Post #53

The Lazy-Ass Artist under the Stars
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 997

Shooting Star Team

QUOTE(Dazmi @ Oct 1 2010, 06:58 AM) *
QUOTE(pokesuperspriter @ Sep 14 2009, 06:52 PM) *
If anybody is out there listening to me, can you tell me why lots of people hate grass types? :(And if you hate grass types mabe you should rethink thier advantages.

The majority of Grass-types have very narrow movesets, often where the only damage-dealing level up moves are Grass and Normal moves (Thinking of Cherrim, Meganium, and Sunflora).

The Grass type has been paired with every type that it is super effective against.

Is that enough? Personally, I don't necessarily enjoy grass types, but I don't hate them.

Dazmi said my general opinion - Major weaknesses, narrow movesets, little resistance.

I don't train Grass Types very often, and when I do, it's due to the fact I focus on their other types (Breloom for Fighting, Ludicolo for Water) or if they are fast enough to spread status like Leech Seed like for example: Sceptile, Jumpluff, Erufuun (Due to it's ability), Tropius (Trick Room)

It's not like I don't like Grass types, it's that I like other types more than Grass types and I can pretty much defeat the pokemon that Grass types beat with my own pokemon, as well as defeat Grass types rather easily when I wasn't even planning on fighting them.
+Quote Post

ojamamask
post Oct 15 2010, 12:59 PM
Post #54

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 97 487

Active Squad

Water is always my first pick when i start a new game so it's almost natural to moan when I have to battle a strong grass pokemon

--------------------
+Quote Post

FancyGranola
post Oct 24 2010, 01:32 AM
Post #55

Elite Double Battler
Group Icon

Member No.: 80 673

Life

Water types and Grass types are amazing.
Ludicolo is one of my favorites. Well, all Water types are my favorites.

I just love the flexibility I get from using a Grass type. Sub seed is a nasty strategy to use on anyone. Stun Spore is hilariously pathetic to be honest... I really do enjoy using Thunder Wave over Stun Spore. But Spore is the Grass type's saving grace. That move will destroy teams.

I use so many Water types on my team, I always have a Jumpluff or another speedy Grass type on my team.

--------------------

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

roygbiv
post Jan 19 2011, 08:13 PM
Post #56

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 125 915

hg team

i like grass types because they have decent stats and are ethier cute or beautiful

--------------------
pokemon white friend code 3096 0916 2525
+Quote Post

The Corrosion
post Jan 19 2011, 08:21 PM
Post #57

I think I just ate a chicken bone.
Group Icon

Member No.: 71 850

HG Party

In FireRed/LeafGreen it was actually easier to beat the game if you choose Bulbasaur, and in Emerald beating the Elite 4 is WAY easier if you choose Sceptile and use it against them, like with Blaziken in Sapphire/Ruby.

--------------------
Why do n00bs exist? Find out by pressing Ctrl+W!
Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Daiko
post Jan 20 2011, 10:14 AM
Post #58

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 26 591

Pogeymenzz

Treecko has and will always be my fave Starter of all Gens!

And no matter how much I have disliked 'Smugleaf', Jalorda is the most Epic final Evo ever!

--------------------

Come read my WarStorys if that's your thing.

http://forums.gtsplus.net/index.php?showto...p;#entry1702754
+Quote Post

Katarina du Cout...
post Jan 21 2011, 08:45 PM
Post #59

Blood for Noxus!
Group Icon

Member No.: 91 809

Active Squad

Grass-types are awesome.

Venusaur, Torterra, Smugleaf and Jalorda are the best Grass-types there is (imo).

--------------------
"Violence solves everything." -Katarina, the Sinister Blade

GPXPlus Party

League of Legends (NA): GlitchyVanell0pe | Tumblr: glitchy-katarina
+Quote Post

Ryuko
post Jan 25 2011, 02:31 AM
Post #60

Scarlet
Group Icon

Member No.: 83 356

Heaven's Wheel

Never liked Grass types from the start. To me they are useless, and they still are.

--------------------

"Violence, Lust and Betrayal"
And so is the Golden City blackened with each step you take in my Hall. Marvel at perfection, for it is fleeting.
You have brought Sin to Heaven and doom upon all the world.
-Threnodies 8:13

signature image too large; removed

~ Raven
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:21 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.