Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Death Penalty (Lethal Injection) OVER Life Sentence, What's your opinion? Should we have LI or LS?
Haijacks
post Aug 11 2009, 11:44 PM
Post #21

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 41 223

Roster

I think that The death penalty can be inhumane sometimes, (see spoiler for details) but it must be used. I bet if we get rid of the Death penalty, we'll be up to our heads in Taxes, paying for the prisoners to live in jail.

Most recent (and last) Use of the electric chair in florida. (Don't read if you can't handle blood) (click to show)

Lethal injection is fine with me, but the electric chair was Brutal...

--------------------

Banner made by: Podz

Quiz Results (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

LarkortheNightin...
post Aug 12 2009, 01:42 PM
Post #22

The Soul of Blood
Group Icon

Member No.: 34 628

SoulSilver Team

'Up to our heads in taxes'? What's so expensive about bread and water?

Put prisoners in rooms with speakers that play the Barney friendship song nonstop. Now that is the way to punish people.

--------------------

And here is my party. grin.gif

Most of my information and crap is in my journal so go look at that <w<
+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Aug 12 2009, 02:50 PM
Post #23

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

If someone is to dangerous to be kept alive(is that from a movie or something) they should be killed.

Do they take extra apeals because someone could get death penalty?
Shouldn't the criminal admit and then get his punishment?

It would always be better to get killed than sit in jail for the rest of the life.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

koolchick
post Aug 13 2009, 10:05 AM
Post #24

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 839

Active Squad

I agree with death penalty for murders and them only. Reason being is they have made someone feel fear and pain probably knowing they are going to die for no reason apart from the murder feels like killing them or enjoys seeing them suffer. So why not show them what it feels like I don't see why the death penalty should try to make them die without suffering they probably didn't think of killing their victim without making them suffer. Cheapest way would be just shut them in a cell and leave them no food or water yes they would suffer but why should any one care when they didn't. People should be treated how they treat others. Also by just putting them in a cell there is no set person that kills them.

I understand arguments against it as once they are dead they are free and some people would prefer to die than be in prison all their lives but for me I would rather be in prison than killed which is part of my reason for being in favor.

Another good argument against it is there could be inncent people put to death, which obviously is not fair.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Blueberry
post Aug 13 2009, 05:16 PM
Post #25

I'm the reason why you hate.
Group Icon

Member No.: 34 032

Blue's Army

Ugh. Let's see...prisons offer cable, internet, free place to stay, three meals a day. Ug....Oh and this is the guy that raped your daughter and killed her unimpressed.gif Yea...no. The world would save A LOT of money and there wouldn't be a such thing as crowded prisons because they would give 'em the Lethan Injection. Sorry but the injection ISN'T cruel. They got rid of the chair cause THAT was cruel. Most people put down their animals the same way. (almost, different drugs) So now is that cruel?

--------------------
+Quote Post

DigitalEon
post Aug 14 2009, 10:22 PM
Post #26

Pokemon Collector
Group Icon

Member No.: 37 387

Pokemans

QUOTE(koolchick @ Aug 13 2009, 11:05 AM) *
I agree with death penalty for murders and them only.

Strangely enough, I believe something totally different - that the death penalty should at least include rapists and child molesters rather than mere murderers (well, the worst of them, obviously - and I guess the worst would have killed, too).

Obviously, the system would need lots of changes to make the death penalty less expensive, and could only be used in cases where there is very little if any doubt about the criminal being guilty (preferably one who has committed multiple crimes; I don't understand how they could sentence someone to death for one murder where they could easily be innocent). But where there is no question of guilt, and they are likely to be a repeat offender, sure. I don't view it as a tool for revenge or even punishment, but rather a way to ensure that criminal can never commit an offense again.

As for cruelty, is it any less cruel to lock someone up for the rest of their life, in a setting where abuse is likely? What about solitary confinement? That's not exactly desirable, either.
+Quote Post

Galahawk
post Aug 17 2009, 01:45 PM
Post #27

Legendary Dragon Empress
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 238

Best team ever

Well to me, the life sentence and death penalty are two entirely different things. I'm personally in favor of either, depending on the circumstances.
More often than not, I'm in favor of a life sentence. It not only seems a lot less cruel, but it would still be giving them an adequate punishment for misdeeds.

--------------------
[align=center]
- Click Latias for my deviantART | Click Latios for my Tumblr -

[spoiler=Shinies + Fat meeps]
(Shinies are not in chronological order. I stopped caring.)[/spoiler][/align]
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Aug 17 2009, 04:11 PM
Post #28

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

QUOTE(Blueberry @ Aug 13 2009, 06:16 PM) *
Ugh. Let's see...prisons offer cable, internet, free place to stay, three meals a day. Ug....Oh and this is the guy that raped your daughter and killed her unimpressed.gif Yea...no. The world would save A LOT of money and there wouldn't be a such thing as crowded prisons because they would give 'em the Lethan Injection. Sorry but the injection ISN'T cruel. They got rid of the chair cause THAT was cruel. Most people put down their animals the same way. (almost, different drugs) So now is that cruel?
Wrong.

The world would save a lot of money if the appeal system wasn't so fucking tedious. It's stupid that it costs more to probably kill them off than keep them in a luxurious environment.
It costs ~35K a year to keep someone in prison iirc, and I think we can easily reduce the crime rate by changing the meaning of the word "crime". See marijuana topic.

It is pretty fucking cruel anyway. It's sick to see someone want to suffer like that before they die regardless of what they've done. Yes arguably the crime done is probably really sick too considering they're getting a lethal injection for it, but my point stands either way.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Cassowary
post Aug 22 2009, 06:43 PM
Post #29

Skarmory Squadron Supreme
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 264

Skarmory Squadron

I am for the death penalty, but honestly think that injection's a stupid way to go. A shot to the head's quicker, if not as... what was the word? Dignified?

And as above said...

The world would save a lot of money if the appeal system wasn't so fucking tedious. It's stupid that it costs more to probably kill them off than keep them in a luxurious environment.
It costs ~35K a year to keep someone in prison iirc, and I think we can easily reduce the crime rate by changing the meaning of the word "crime". See marijuana topic.

--------------------

+Quote Post

penguinJAM
post Aug 27 2009, 02:01 PM
Post #30

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 59 740

Active Squad

I strongly believe in the death penalty. Anybody who would kill or rape another person (especially children), deserves much more than murder. In fact, money aside, I prefer torture as a means of punishment. Years of torture, medieval style, for those who kill and rape!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Iconox
post Oct 4 2009, 06:20 PM
Post #31

Romantic Misanthropist
Group Icon

Member No.: 34 260

Legend League

I don't personally like the death penalty, but someone who takes someone's life definately deserves a severe punishment.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kiseki Lin
post Oct 7 2009, 06:58 PM
Post #32

The Asian Boy Band Fangirl
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 708

Active Squad

I find myself thinking this: "Why do we deserve to have power on who can live and who dies?" As far as the death penalty goes, even I sometimes think it's the way for murderers, but then I find myself going back to the question. People who kill others or rape them deserve to suffer a severe punishment, but I don't think the death penalty is the way to go. Nothing's wrong with a life sentence as you're in there for the rest of your life, maybe being forced to think over what you've done, never getting the chance of getting out to see the world. No, you're stuck in prison for the rest of your life.
+Quote Post

Podz
post Oct 8 2009, 02:24 PM
Post #33

Pokemon Hatcher ~ Savior
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 385

Drift

I prefer life sentence to be honest .

And a life sentence where I live isnt exactly life sentence . Its 20 years and you get out earlier if you behave yourself so it would really only be max 15 years .

And Injection is Cruel and 7 minutes of pain like that , it isnt the best send off , is it ?

And If You Kill Someone , You should pay the time , not get killed and only pay 7 minutes of pure agony .

And I Think If You Take Someone Elses Life With an Injection You Should Take Your Own

--------------------
PODZ !

AMAZING LINKS,
pokemon anrui!

BE JEALOUS OF MY LONG TERM HIATUS!
+Quote Post

Libie
post Oct 9 2009, 07:27 AM
Post #34

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 60 727

Active Squad

I am against the death sentence simply because killing someone for killing someone? Hypocrite alert? So what is the penalty "an eye for an eye"? I mean would you rape a rapist?? Of course not! And like loads of people say, life sentence is in many ways worse than the death penalty. When criminals are dead they CANNOT redeem themselves anymore, they cannot be hurt or feel anguish or guilt. Death is preferable, a million times, to a life sentence! Do you think living in a comfortable jail for the rest of your life is fulfilling?? Guess what - it's not! Even if they get let out (as the poster above says, "life" can be as little as 15 years) who's going to employ them? Who's going to marry them? Their life is ruined, and they will have learned their lesson. Life sentence is about as harsh as it gets.

Of course for extremely dangerous/psychopathic/sociopathic/crazy people, I guess they would probably prefer the jail, but then again a crazy person isn't responsible for their actions :/ *technically*

And about lethal injection, I have obviously little knowledge about it, but it *is* supposed to be painless. Since they put them to sleep first, like they do when euthanising animals.

--------------------
ninetales.gif Guys, it's NineTALES!!! ninetales.gif

Help level up my Ariados?

Shinies and Legends (click to show)
+Quote Post

zenzai
post Oct 13 2009, 01:52 AM
Post #35

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 65 710

GPX+ Egg Wishlist

I have mixed feelings about the death penalty. On the one hand, I do believe that some crimes definitely "merit" a death penalty (serial rape, mass murder, etc.). On the other hand, I wish we were beyond needing executioners (since somebody's gotta flip that switch/trigger that injection), and do not feel the additional cost of executing a prisoner (as opposed to a life sentence) is worth it (whatever that may mean).

--------------------
Member of:
Alphabet Soup, the Breeding Aristocracy and:

·❧·
+Quote Post

GreenEclipse
post Oct 13 2009, 01:43 PM
Post #36

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 57 721

My Platinum Team

This is quite a sensible topic . -_-2.gif
I agree if a certain number of essencial proofs and testimonials are credible are achieved. I think like that cause i know that some trials are just corrupt and unfair sometimes and imagine you being condened to death sentence without being guilty. But i actually prefer death sentence then life imprisonment cause life imprisonment is too unhuman, being lock in a cell smaller then a bathroom for 23 hours of the day doenst make people reagreat just makes them go completly maniac

I dont agree with Libie because the death sentence is not hypocrite, knowing the prisons nowdays "maniac" people wouldnt prefer beiing locked up for the rest of their lifes

--------------------

Would you Warm them??

I Click Back

+Quote Post

aiadonyx
post Oct 13 2009, 01:54 PM
Post #37

Super Nerd
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 333

A nice set indeed

I believe that prison should be a place of reform, not punishment. However, I feel that there are some who are un-reformable, and that un-reformable individuals willing to go out and commit more heinous crimes should get fried for no other reason than that in losing responsibility for that individual we become more free to help others who have a chance of reforming to do so. In all honesty, capital punishment isn't and has never been a deterrent or crime would have been wiped off the map in the middle ages with all the outlandish tortures they invented, and the death penalty is no different than the French rack or the Judas cradle in that respect. However, in cases where an individual has killed a family of six, been sent through reform programs without showing improvement, keeps killing other inmates, and says in interveiws that the only thing he regrets is being caught; well that guy best be put out of our misery. There's nothing we can do for him.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Aureylian
post Oct 13 2009, 03:55 PM
Post #38

Lady of Time.
Group Icon

Member No.: 52 095

Favorites

For me, it's all depends really. I mean, there is that small chance that they could be wrong. They usually aren't, but there is still that chance and if they are wrong, they would be killing someone innocent of that certain crime. I actually am for the death penatly for certain crimes, but whenever they use it, that always comes to mind.

--------------------
+Quote Post

qgag
post Feb 22 2011, 10:16 PM
Post #39

Ne vous fiez pas au apparence...
Group Icon

Member No.: 78 866

PANE

QUOTE(Banette @ Jul 8 2009, 07:49 AM) *
I think that if they already took another's life for some stupid reason, then they should be knocked off immediately. Let 'em suffer! No one has a right to take someone's life away from them, but if you do it anyway, you deserve equal punishment.

Yeah! An eye for an eye!

And for other things, if they have the life sentence they shouldn't be living comfortly, they should be living miserably. Let them suffer! Let them regret what they've done!! If they live in prison with cable, they might be better off in prison then at home! Think about it: If the guy's in his late forties, is too poor to afford a house, a TV, food, he just goes around, asks smart people (because if he was a smart person he wouldn't be in this mess anyway) what crimes gives a life sentence, and Bam! you got a pleasurable rest of life!

--------------------

My First ever Roleplay character just got accepted!! Check Simon Shay out!

Thanks To GirlCalledBob For This

weavile.gif houndoom.gif Master Of Darkness!! houndoom.gif weavile.gif

my teams and groups (click to show)
My Shinies (click to show)
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Feb 23 2011, 10:14 AM
Post #40

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

that's cruel, inmates are people too...

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:14 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.